(1,271)

Certify is a cloud-based travel and expense report management solution for companies of all sizes.

Work for Certify?

Learning about Certify?

Certify Reviews

Ask Certify a Question
Showing 1,271 Certify reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Certify
Yeri F.

"Certify, my cat manager and refill facilitator. "

What do you like best?

A robust but simple platform to understand, the most valuable function from my point of view is the one referring to the record of the expenses that we generate when for work reasons we must move from our job, these expenses must be correctly digitized so that the company process it and simplify the procedures for operating expenses.

What do you dislike?

I have had delays when I try to load the invoices directly from the phone, it is an issue that I dislike given that I must wait to finish the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Certify, is the platform that you must implement in your company to respond to your workers in a timely manner for the expenses they must cover as an organization.

I must constantly move to the field to make measurements either of land or infrastructure to do surveys on site, this obviously brings expenses for transportation, food and sometimes lodging, these expenses must be covered by me and then the company must reintegrate it. It is there when Certify intervenes in a positive way so that this refund is as soon as possible.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Maria C.

" Records of expenses. A quality platform."

What do you like best?

The process for administrative procedures related to per diem is simplified by this means, this can be in such simple steps as capturing the receipt image from the Smart phone, going through the certification check and placing missing information. This is how automation in the company has occurred in this field and we can obtain answers that are almost immediate.

What do you dislike?

The initial configuration has some level of complexity then one enters the environment with the interface of the platform, on the other hand, I can mention that with regard to integrations I have had inconvenience since it does not work at optimal levels.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everyone within the company will be happy both the beneficiary and the person in charge of processing the reimbursement payments.

Simplify the process for the reimbursement of travel expenses, reduce the documentation abysmally. Saving time, allows me to use technology to process my payments.

Noah C.

"It made expense reporting much easier for me in almost every way"

What do you like best?

I like the design of the Certify account portal, which is simple and clean with clearly marked sections. I can easily navigate my way around and perform the needed actions without much difficulty. It was actually easy like that from the moment I started using it. So since it's so easy to use, many people can quickly get on board. I like that I don't have to make photocopies of my receipts and submit expense information through paper documents. It's great that we can book travel right through the platform that are bound by company booking guidelines, which helps to ensure we're making proper bookings from the start.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version isn't as intuitive to use as the desktop version. It's sometimes a drag to have to scroll more with the mobile version. Other than that, I don't really dislike anything very drastically. Though it's been easy for me to use, there might be more traditional people out there that have trouble using an online digital method.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Certify is great since it can be suitable for small and large businesses. You can not only benefit from its online reporting capabilities, but you can also generate reports quickly, which can be great for accounting and also learning how to minimize expense costs.

I've benefited from the digitized functionality of Certify, which allows us to enter and manage our expenses through an online digital portal. This really helps employees, manager and the accounting department to streamline the expense accounting and reporting process. Generally speaking, reporting and processing expenses for reimbursement was a time-consuming process from start to finish. Employees would often have to wait weeks to get their funds. With Certify, much of the processing times have been reduced significantly.

Melvin W.

"A giant time-saving application for expense reporting"

What do you like best?

Certify's account tools and interface have a clean design that's super easy for most employees to use. The clear section titles and description allow new users to get adopted to the application quickly. I like that users can access Certify at anytime and from anywhere. There's no need to install any specialized software to our computers. One of the most powerful features I like is being able to post receipts to the system digitally and having the data automatically parsed into form fields to be submitted. I thought that was pretty amazing, to be honest.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there's much to not like about the system and its capabilities, but I typically don't like per using pricing, which is the pricing model Certify uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Certify is quite a robust expense platform that can great improve expense reporting workflows and efficiencies from front to back. There are insightful tools that can also help you trim the fat on expenses and potentially increase your margins.

Certify has brought many benefits to our company, which mainly include streamlining the expense approval process and providing us with extensive spending reports and expense restrictions. When we can create policies for spending on things like airfare and hotels, it prevents certain travel from being booked and minimizes our expenses early. We can also take a look at spending trends to see what vendors we're using most and how our money is spent.

Jason D.

"Makes expense reporting and reimbursement processing easier for everyone"

What do you like best?

Certify has complete reporting capabilities for travel expenses including hotel, airfare and transportation expenses. We can book flights right within Certify while being restricted to our company's set travel policies. This allows for less waste and strict accountability. The software itself is easy for me and most people in my department to use. We can take photos of receipts instead of making photocopies or we can upload receipt photos that we already took. I also like that Certify's mobile app can be used offline.

What do you dislike?

Getting set up properly was a little confusing for me. There are many conditions and connections that have to be set up, which can take some time to do correctly. I had to do some trial and error with the reimbursement workflow, but everything got sorted out eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Certify is a dependable expense reports solution that I would totally recommend. I think it can be used for small and large businesses to improve workflow and accountability. Be sure to set up your account properly right away to avoid weird issues and possible payment delays down the road.

Certify definitely makes expense reporting and spend analysis very streamlined and efficient. Compared to manually processing expenses, I save a bunch of time and can always check in on the progress of reimbursements. The Certify platform also allows me to get paid faster. Through the data I received on my expenses, I was able to reduce unnecessary spending while still getting the services I need for business.

Leandra C.

"Manage your reports with certify"

What do you like best?

This software is an infallible solution to manage your reports and trips without any inconvenient. The tools it offers and the Certify interface are very complete and Innovative, you can make reports and forms with a variety of templates without any doubt I have been impressed by the capabilities offered by Certify

What do you dislike?

I would like there to be a desktop version so I can not stay in the browser, It would also be good if it were easier to edit the reports that have already been sent

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good interface, complete tool panel, very complete support is an excellent application, do not wait any longer and go for it

This is the best way to have a good handling in reports of expenses and trips, It is very clear and intuitive, we have not had any accounting failure since we used Certify

Cheryl V.

"Quick, Efficient Workplace Tool"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to use the app on the go or when I'm at the office on my computer to manage my spending and reimbursements for work related expenses. The email notifications are nice to be able to receive the current status of my request, and know when it has been approved. I'm looking forward to using it on upcoming travel, helping me keep travel arrangements and expenses organized.

What do you dislike?

The "Project Code" drop down tab can be a bit confusing to sort through. This may be due to my organization alone, I'm not sure. I wish there was a better way to knowing which code to select for my expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool has increased efficiency in our organization and allowed us to track the reports in a more timely, accurate method. Thanks, Certify!

Certify has helped decrease the time and amount of work needed to submit a reimbursement. It has freed up my time to complete other tasks for my job.

ML P.

"Certify is a life-saving app that makes reimbursing business expenses easy & quick while traveling. "

What do you like best?

I like being able to scan my receipts on the spot wherever I am, then throw them away, push a button & sync my receipts to my expenses, which creates an itemized expense report for me. The entire app is easy to use & works with my computer when I'm ready to send my expense report into my company. I like that there is a place on the report for me to include special instructions for those processing it.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a place for me to add my gas mileage directly to my expenses instead of having to enter them separately for every expense. I'd also like to be able to change the dates & name of my expense report, but generally the dates I give it initially are the ones that remain.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Certify is easy to use & keeps track of all my expenses. I recommend it to others considering this product.

Keeping track instantly of all my business expenses & having them archived for me in one app. It's a very efficient system.

George H.

"Great mobile tool for managing travel expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to take a picture of the receipt on my mobile phone and then for the Certify tool to scan and fill out my reimbursement forms with the information. This saves time and makes the process easier. The scan is not perfect and I did have to make some changes, but overall it saved me time.

Second, prior to using Certify my company had a more manual process. Now that we are using Certify the process is greatly automated. Submitting the expenses and even the ability for direct deposits for the reimbursement was so much easier than before. The ability to automate and streamline the workflow made the travel reimbursement process much easier and ultimately I received my reimbursement faster as a result.

What do you dislike?

The tool has connections to Uber, but getting everything set up right was difficult. Obviously you can use Uber for personal usage or you can use if for business. Getting everything set up just right was complicated and some of that was on the Uber app side. While Certify supports integrations, it does take a little more work to make those happen. I was able to get the Uber receipts into Certify and it worked out, so it wasn't a major issue.

Certify helped us automate our current process and eliminate paperwork. The ability to capture receipts electronically and to process everything on mobile devices (smart phone and laptop) was a huge win for employees that are mobile. Overall the usage of Certify saves time for the employees traveling as well as the people that review and approve. Having some of the expense policies built into the app makes the review and approval go faster.

Zach G.

"Great Tool, Not So Great UI"

What do you like best?

I really like using Certify to submit exspesnses. It's a really powerful tool that can make uploading a 2-week trip worth of receipts and expenses pretty simple. Through its decentralized application, I can upload and submit expenses from anywhere with an internet connection, which is pretty nice.

What do you dislike?

The User Interface of Certify makes life a little difficult. Navigation of the tool SEEMS intuitive, but, the truth is that when you (or, I, at least) follow my navigational instincts, I will make huge mistakes. This could be a user error but I think I've used enough apps to have a generally good idea of how to navigate the screens of a simple web application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Enhance the UI by making navigation more intuitive.

My business utilizes Certify for all expense reporting. The ease of access and availability of the tool has made expense reporting very simple and speedy which leads to less downtime!

Harry J.

"Why I love Certify as an expense log and report"

What do you like best?

One of the painful experiences while traveling was keeping folded up receipts for fuel, tolls, and meals all folded up in my wallet. With Certify, a simple snapshot of the receipt can be taken and then used to fill out the report. The wallet function is perfect for reducing clutter and finding all receipts on your mobile app.

I also enjoy the mileage calculation and mapping of stops on a route for use during a days worth of calls.

What do you dislike?

There is not very much to criticize , it was a very easy app to use on the street and allows full reporting of expenses by category.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Better data, ease of use and accurate warnings when items need attention.

I find that the reports are paperless which solves comparing expense to line item entries on a spreadsheet format.

Michael P.

"Good Expense Management Platform"

What do you like best?

I have been using Certify for about a year now. The best feature of Certify is the ability to synchronize expenses with a credit card company. This makes managing my expenses very easy and frees up a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

Some of the interface options are not the best. When I don't have the synchronization with the credit card, entering a manual transaction is complicated when matching up a receipt.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is going well, just keep improving the workflow.

We were trying to put all expense reporting for the company in one product and require the users to be held to a standard. This is the best way to do this, and we can apply the same criteria across departments and take some of the personal decision behind expense management out of the equation.

Cheri T.

"Everything you need at your finger tips"

What do you like best?

I love how Certify calculates the mileage. I also love that you can add the information from your receipts and add a photo of it. I love that you can message the person who is due to approve your expenses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the app. I have tried to login from my phone and always have problems. I have to use my laptop in order to enter my expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is to use Certify for all your expense needs. The calculations are phenomenal. I never have to figure out the totals, because Certify does it all. It also archives your expense reports in case you wan to go back and review them. It also saves some items in your wallet to be added to an expense report later.

I am not aware of any issues were are or were having, but if we were having any problem we aren't now.

Samanta L.

"Okay, they need to improve some aspects"

What do you like best?

It is a tool that has a very good idea to have a better control on expenses making it easier to keep an accounting that shows that you can save yourself and also keep track of miles on your trips. It has a good payment processor and everything is online.

What do you dislike?

It requires many confirmations when configuring, the design should be more organized and simple so that this does not happen to have confirmations of what is being edited. It is very difficult to configure the start, it takes time to get used to the platform. There are many entries that have to be made manually, this means that the work of this tool does not comply with the standards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do not know if I recommend, but it's worth trying. Everyone with their tastes and methodology of the platforms.

In itself the platform has a good orientation, proposing to take better control on expenses without stressful use excel sheets but there are things that must be improved to see if it is very profitable to take advantage, in addition there are many delays in lso reimbursements that a banking institution does faster.

Steven J.

"Simple and Effective Application for Everyday Use"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate and I appreciate the way it accurately reports the distance traveled with a map included to show how long the travel would be.

I have only used it a handful of occasions, but each time it flawlessly records my records and prepares them for correspondence to my supervisor(s) and team leader for review and approval. I then successfully receive my reimbursement by the next pay stub.

I've also never had any issues when needing to create a new password or reach out to customer support for clarification.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Customizing the layout colors may be a nice feature if not already available to make the amount of white/blue you see on screens all day diminish.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works quite well so I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good model for reimbursements with your company.

Reporting mileage for reimbursement and for other reimbursement options (meals, purchasing supplies, lodging and other business expenses made using personal cash or credit cards).

John H.

"gets the job done"

What do you like best?

our organization used to use excel spreadsheets to do expenses - a cumbersome job! certify has made life so much easier when it comes to expense reports. what i like best is that i can take a picture of the receipt in the app and then i don't have to keep up with that receipt any longer! It is also very helpful that Certify searches my expense report for potential duplicate receipts, even from previous expense reports. For those who travel internationally, it is expedient that I know longer have to look up current exchange rates because Certify does this for me.

What do you dislike?

i am still finding the automatic feature of having certify fill in my expense from the receipt a bit spotty - hopefully this will improve with usage. also, i have problems with the app taking a photo of the receipt; often, after taking the receipt photo, it exits the certify app and I have to log in and begin again. A workaround for this problem is to take a digital photo with Microsoft Lens and then use that image.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everything that Certify does for our company, they do well. From ease of entering expenses to ease of creating and submitting an expense report. Whether from the website or that app, this has changed the ballgame and made expense reports much less painful!

now there is clarity in terms of when expense reports of employees have been turned in and where it is in the process - super helpful.

Christina H.

"Certify - the most efficient way to go"

What do you like best?

I like the customer service. When I have questions or if any employees have questions there's always a way to get an answer. The rep assigned to our account, Amy Teen, is sweet, efficient, and knowledgeable. I also love the ease of use of the app. Just take a picture with your phone and you're set. No more having to deal with physical receipts.

What do you dislike?

This is very particular to our account. The filtering. I would like to be able to select two or three filters on projects for my employees. Currently it's a one or all filtering scheme. I also wish there was a way to program combinations of project and category. Currently the employee can select an indirect project and a direct category. This causes more work for our AP manager and a discrepancy between what's in Certify and what's in our Accounting system. Yes - there are employees who will select an indirect project and then select Direct Materials Billable, and approvers who don't pay attention. I just wish there was a way to dummy proof the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it? It's great, it's easy, while Certify does offer amazing training opportunities make it a requirement that employees attend some form of training.

There is - generally - a quicker turnaround between the employee incurring the cost and the cost getting uploaded into our accounting system. This enables a quicker turnaround in billing the customer and getting reimbursed. Also, the biggest benefit is that the employee is happier. The ease of use of the app has made a lot of employees very happy.

Tara L.

"Quick, Easy, Dependable"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to fill out and turn in each week. It makes something that isn't my favorite part of the job (but a very important part) extremely easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike much, but the autofill does not always pull accurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an extremely easy way for employees to keep track of their costs related to the business. It has helped with tracking my own expenses for work as well as receive timely and accurate reimbursements for all of my expenses, from gifts for clients to mileage and travel. It has been extremely helpful in that and the support team has been helpful the few times I've used them. I also appreciate knowing that if I make any mistakes (if I'm completing it in a rush), all mistakes are caught because of the different levels of checking measures. It's been a wonderful product for what my company uses it for.

For a larger company, it is a very easy way to ensure that reimbursements are made quick and accurate. It has helped me keep track of my own finances as well in that all of my business receipts are in one place.

Melissa W.

"Expenses Simplified"

What do you like best?

I love that I can quickly capture my receipts while I'm on the road. All I have to do is snap a photo of the receipt, use the built-in receipt-reader that helps to pre-fill the fields required for each receipt and verify the auto-filled information is correct. Once all my receipts are in, all I have to do is sync, create a new expense report, and submit! I use the mobile app the most and finish off my reports on my laptop.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but I'd say the auto-fill doesn't work 100% of the time. Lately it has been giving me odd dates for the receipts or capturing random numbers as totals. I've been manually filling in the fields lately due to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't know what other applications are out there for expense-tracking, but Certify is definitely easy to use and easily accessible from anywhere.

I travel quite a lot for work so keeping up with multiple receipts per day can be difficult. We have a per-diem that is worked into Certify to help us keep our expenses on track. It makes things very easy for payroll to get the information they need, coded the way they need it. Certify is great in that you can access your receipts from anywhere once you have them captured. You can either take a photo of your receipt with your phone or upload from your files.

Faizal H.

"Mobile Receipt Scanner to Manage Travel and Expense"

What do you like best?

First of all, what I choose to like most is how functional the receipt scan is to me. Certify can help save your receipts without an internet connection. That is real usability. It, however, generates expense reports automatically, in a better way than how some other time tracking software does theirs. Other third-party integrations work fine. In short, Certify is a mobile receipt scanner to manage travel and expense report.

What do you dislike?

Certify should work on their user interface. I don't like the certify dashboard interface. It doesn't look professional enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Track your expense and travel with Certify.

The mobile app gave us access to scan receipt wherever we needed to and save it. Certify has served as both our expense tracker and also Travel management.

Pardeep M.

"Certainly will reduce your expenses"

What do you like best?

Certify is very easy to use. As it is cloud based, the expenses can be seen by both the team on the field and also the team in office.You even have an option of a free trial version which you can decide in order to buy or not. Also, it takes a few days initially but after that, Certify in my opinion is the most straight forward and easy software to use. Customization was even possible so my company took full use of this feature as well

What do you dislike?

I've had a few problems with their Technical support team as help is not readily available. A couple of times, I was transferred to some other person / representative as the initial officer didn't have the correct know how or expertise. While setting up, I faced a few problems and in order to solve them, I had to watch online videos or ask other friends who are already using it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes! I would recommend this software. Who wouldn't want to reduce their expenses, time and effort ?! Must have!

Because of Certify, my travel expenses have gone down drastically. Certify has been a huge blessing to me and my company. As I am a Manager to operaions in 3 countries, I travle a lot. Certify helps in not only keeping a track of my expenses but also reduces my time and effort for creating, submitting, approving and reimbursing for my T&D account. I only scan the receipt for my expenses and it automatically gets updated on the Certify software. Moreover, after my trip, I can then compare which expenses to reduce the next time I go saving me a lot of money.

Cheyenne D.

"Great and intuitive expense management."

What do you like best?

Certify is easy to use software, with a charming and very useful design. I love that you can have it in a mobile application, it is much easier in that way. Managing expenses makes work easier. Learning to manage the software to be able to apply it to daily work was really simple. The management of expenses is understandable, you can send things through mobile, mail or from the PC, which is so versatile makes everything much simpler.

What do you dislike?

I had small inconveniences, but consult with customer support and solve everything in a matter of minutes. For this reason I can not complain about the skills and abilities that all the software has as a whole, it has many things to offer, which I find sensational.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using it is simple, easy and provides help in various ways. It is modern and understandable, it represents a very large utility. I recommend that you try it and see the great advantages it can bring to your life.

It is great for the workflow, it contributes greatly to facilitate the work of managing expenses in different ways. We all now have more clarity to understand all the processes of collection and reimbursement. It allows to better manage the work of expenses which saves time invested in this and allows us to perform better and faster the administrative processes.

Gavin H.

"Great experience with zero hassle"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the user interface is. It is intuitive and makes it easy to submit an expense report on my own.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike anything. I've ran into some issues with the receipt uploader and viewer, but usually one hit of the refresh button and everything works okay again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should absolutely use Certify. The user interface is intuitive, the real-time tracking of the expense reports is great, and the system works with zero issues. I only use this software to upload expense reports for my manager's and HR' approval, but I know that it has more capabilities and I think that it would be wise to use Certify.

For my position, I'm only using Certify to submit expense reports. The benefits include being able to see the progression of my expense report and seeing who has approved or requested more information.

Salome N.

"A Review on Certify."

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use, allows you to upload the receipt and the software will categorize them for you. The software acts as a digital store for your receipt thus when looking for receipt it becomes easy to locate it. The software also allows you to integrate with credit cards and also allows you to make electronic payments.

What do you dislike?

One of the major thing i dislike about the Certify is that, the scan fails to detect some of the receipts which force your to feed them online. Some of the receipts that are not recognized cant categorized.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, i will recomend the software to any company out there which is dedicated to ensure that they achieve success in expence management. The software is easy to use and has a user friendly interface making it easier to use. Above that the Certify meets all the requirements.

We use the Certify to help us in the management of expense and tracking of expense in our firm. The software have been useful since it has many features that works towards achieving the success in expense tracking and management

Angela S.

"Easier than a math equation! "

What do you like best?

I love the phone app features allowing you to take a picture of the receipt right after your purchase. I tend to leave my receipts in the bag and by time I remember the receipt I have already lost it or thrown it away.

What do you dislike?

I have not had one feature that I did not like. If there was a feature that I needed I would check Certify and low-and-behold they have already implemented it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great feature to add for yourself and all upper level management employees.

I use Certify to log all my receipts from the purchases on my Corporate Credit Card and any personal purchases that my company would reimburse me for. I can use my phone app to hold my receipts and then sync them to my online certify and submit everything all at once.

Josh S.

"Easy to use, efficient expense management"

What do you like best?

Easy to track and manage expenses via mobile app or website. Website is designed in a friendly manner which is easy to use and navigate. The expense submission process is flexible; with submissions acceptable via scanning from the mobile app, email or via document upload from your PC.

What do you dislike?

My expenses wont always come over via email, but with alternative methods of uploading docs, it is not a total loss. Additionally, the status of my claims never seems to update, even if I know I've already received reimbursement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

From an end user perspective, it is a great product. My only gripe is with administration of the product, but I suspect that is more of an internal organization issue and not one with the product itself.

Streamlined workflow management of our expense reimbursement process. Managers are able to ask questions about expenses and get further clarity about an expense before just approving at face value.

Jon S.

"Easy for expenses"

What do you like best?

Easy to upload receipts for my monthly expenses and send off to my manager for approval.

What do you dislike?

We haven't had it too long in my office/company. But so far for 3 months, no issues at all. Far easier than the old way my company submitted expense reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will save time and hassle submitting expenses versus old-fashioned ways!

My company just started using Certify, a few months ago; recently rolled out to lower level management. I currently am an Assistant Manager, and have loved it. It solved long forms, spreadsheets, and other paper work to send in my monthly Expense Report. With Certify, I just take a picture of my expense receipts and within a few weeks, my Direct Deposit comes in for the amount.

Yei G.

"Contributor for my expense reports."

What do you like best?

Learning how to use it was super simple, the control panel and design, in itself is light, powerful and clean, I do not have to worry about taking copies of receipts or stress by a complex process for the reimbursement of my cats every time I move to Other places required in my work, although not as frequent. My experience has been positive and I am happy that my organization works with this software.

What do you dislike?

I like it in its entirety, I have not had problems in any way, the results are positive, nothing negative to mention regarding this collaborative platform.

I manage my reimbursements efficiently and my expenses can reduce them significantly.

Russell O.

"Works much better than standard photocopying and processing"

What do you like best?

Being able to process and access all of my expense information online is what I like most about Certify. The visual look of the software and the tools in it are easy to use. The instructions are mostly simple. I was able to just start using Certify without completely reading through every detail of the instructions. When it comes to reimbursements, I can typically get paid quickly through Certify. Money can be transferred right to my bank account.

What do you dislike?

Certify works very well for me so I can't say I dislike anything about it so far. If there is one thing that makes standard expense processing better than Certify though, it's the fact that manual processing doesn't require a subscription fee like Certify does.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Certify is an excellent expense processing platform that I would recommend. It can reduce the amount and time and effort your organization puts into processing expenses, which could ultimately save you money.

I'm able to organize and submit my expenses very efficiently by using the Certify platform. The accounting department can notify me through Certify if there are any issues with my documents, which helps to streamline the overall workflow involved. As far as receipts, Certify saves me from having to photocopy receipts and waste regular paper. I can just scan the receipts and upload them. When I need to track my expenses to see where I can cut costs, Certify is a great tool for examination purposes.

sengul T.

"I have used Certify for 3 years"

What do you like best?

It is easy to file and submit an expense report. The approval process is easy as well. Reimbursement is quick.

What do you dislike?

Had trouble with splitting an expense. It is difficult to figure out how to do it. Needs more visual cues. Also, when the receipts are uploaded reaching to the receipt picture is difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Certify is easy to use tools and helps the users to save time while filing expenses. I was not involved on the accounting side of the program, but I am sure that helps them to review and process reimbursements quicker.

It was taking too long to file an expense report in excel and also the process of approval was taking long. With Certify the process got quicker and the approval process seamless. Saved time with switching to Certify. In addition, it was easier to file travel expenses as we could just take a picture of the receipt and send it to receipts@certify.com and the platform will post the expense on the account.

Shannon F.

"Easy to manage travel expenses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that there is an easy-to-use app that you can use to track your travel expenses in real-time, rather than doing it all when you get back to the office.

What do you dislike?

If all fields are not filled out (even fields that are not applicable to you), it comes up as an error and doesn't let you submit. There's a little troubleshooting involved in that. Also, if you enter your destinations into the map to track mileage, it's never been accurate for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for travelling for business! Just make sure to walk your employees through it the first time, because it can be a little confusing if you make a little mistake, such as not filling out all of the fields correctly or entering your mileage in wrong.

Our company used to manage travel expenses internally, which consisted of filling out an excel sheet and physically taping receipts to printer paper and giving them to Accounting. Certify makes everything online and makes it so much easier to travel. After you take a snapshot of the receipt, you don't have to worry about keeping track of it!

Tatum W.

"Great Experience - Certify Team is Knowledgeable and Quick to Respond "

What do you like best?

The Certify Team has been invaluable to me- namely Jordan Allen and James Cruz. Our company needed to reorganize our Certify setup to accommodate multiple companies. I attended the Certify conference in San Diego with our Controller to wrap our head around what Certify could do for us to help. Not only was the content of the presentations and one-on-one sessions largely helpful, meeting our representative Jordan Allen face-to-face was helpful as well. I realized at the conference that everyone at Certify, and especially Jordan, were eager to help.

Since the conference Jordan and James Cruz have put a lot of time and effort (multiple brain storming phone conferences, skype sessions, documents passes back and forth) to make Hygiena's new implementation for multiple companies work. The two of you have made this an easy transition and I will definitely be recommending Certify to others.

Thanks again!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Whenever something comes up I can contact the Certify team. They always respond with several hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the personalized report option.

Splitting our Certify up so that multiple companies can use the same database. Limiting company controllers to reports that include only their company data.

Jim G.

"NOT RECOMMENDED!!!"

What do you like best?

The mobile app has potential, but you really need to login to their web portal to complete an expense report. You will spend more time filling out boxes, pull-downs and correcting mistakes than you will doing any other "old fashioned" way (as I do, with an Excel spreadsheet).

What do you dislike?

The website for actually compiling your expenses is HORRIBLE. It is very slow, overly complicated, and poorly organized. If you like clicking your mouse, then you might like Certify. I'm guessing you need at least 30 mouse clicks PER RECIEPT (minimum) and that doesn't count the time you'll spend on the mobile app and/or email to send/upload receipts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just wait for this service to mature, or look elsewhere for something similar. This is far from ready for prime time yet. Skip it.

It seems I have just created more work for myself by using Certify. I'm going back to a much faster and efficient, albeit manual method of compiling expense reports.

Renee P.

"Certify is a great tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease and simplicity of the program. I like that it is all very organized and mobile friendly so things can get done in the moment.

What do you dislike?

Often, I will not know exactly where to put something or the mileage/trip was confusing to learn but easier to understand once I taught it to someone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, this is a great product and I would say better than the last one I used at a different organization.

When used properly it can really help our accounting department keep our expenses organized and categorized well. We also can track where our Sales people are going and see what they are doing to provide a great experience and entice them to use our services.

Emily R.

"Do not waste your time or money!!!"

What do you like best?

They were willing to work on pricing before we signed up.

What do you dislike?

Their system is outdated. The software could be good, but it seems they are not willing to update to get there.

They use a 3rd party linking system which will result in you having to manually reconnect your cards to the system weekly, or your reports will not pull in transactions correctly.

The way the users are set up, it makes no sense and has a very hard flow to things. You constantly have to ghost another user to approve expenses billed to a card that is added to your user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not waste your time or money on this software! They are not a customer-focused company who is concerned with their product or how their customers are treated and focused more on filling their pockets.

Certify has a great sales team, but that seems to be where the customer service ends and loads of issues begin.

We spent many weeks researching the best options for what we were looking for in an expense tracking software. We tried several trials and lastly ended with choosing Certify for the job. Talking with our sales rep, it sounded like a dream! He addressed each of our concerns and assured us everything we were looking for was within their app.

After we signed the contract, we experienced our first taste of what was to follow in how we were to be treated. We set up our first meeting to get started, and after confirming verbally, via email, and google calendar invite, our Account Manager was a no-show. No, follow up, emails, or calls to let us know either. We waited in the meeting link for 30 minutes before we reached out asking what had happened. The response we received was not of an apologetic one, but more of an “oops, I guess I forgot”. With this sort of response, we asked that an honour would be placed in that if the software was to not work for us, we could exit our contract without a penalty. Our sales rep agreed that this was a reasonable request, and confirmed we would have an exit option without penalty if their software did not work out for us.

We contacted our reps and let them know the software was not working for us. We tried, but it left us doing more work than our prior manual process. After requesting our account to be terminated, we were given penalties to be paid for exiting our contract agreement early. We asked why we were being charged after our rep agreed to no penalties, and their answer was that they resolved all of our questions and concerns. So because they gave us information on how to get around their faulty system, we had to pay the penalties for ending the contract.

Do not waste your time or money on this software!

Dustin A.

"Certify is fast and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like the turn around times on reimbursement compared to the old route of filling out forms manually. I like the web interface compared to the phone interface

What do you dislike?

I think the phone app could be a little more user friendly. I use it to take a picture of receipts, but I'd like to be able to complete the whole process on the phone. I usually just log into the certify site after uploading the receipt and complete

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product to those considering certify. It's ease of use and centralized format work well within our company.

I believe we're solving issues with record keeping and quickness of processes involving reimbursement of funds for employee fringe benefits and costs.

Wendell J.

"Certify is the Best Expense Report software I have every used"

What do you like best?

Certify is user friendly, you take a snap shot of your receipt upload it a few more clicks and you are finished with your expense report. This is the fastest system I have ever used to create an expense report and my company does an excellent job of reimbursing funds within a day or two.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I do not like about Certify. The system is great and I am totally satisfied with all the features I am using.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You definitely need to try this product, you will love the ease and accuracy of your expense reports.

The benefits I have realized using Certify is that it allows me to keep track of my receipts in my phone, no more putting receipts in an envelope and hoping not to misplace a receipt. By keeping the receipts electronically I am able to complete my expense reports faster and more accurately. As a result, it allows for faster reimbursements and frees up available funds for any needed additional purchases.

"easy to use "

What do you like best?

the auto population for mileage and being able to add trips

What do you dislike?

fewer steps if possible when filling in the same routes

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When I was sent my first reimbursement for some reason it was sent as a check and the people at ceritfy put in my wrong addressed. they first put the ownership of the mistake on me and then told me I had to send them a screen shot of my HR record to confirm my address. I sent that an was told they would follow up. Never did. I had gotten the check the next day and called them to ask if they had put a stop check and reissued the new check and the first operator couldn't answer and had to speak w/the same superviosor from the day before. Before listening to the issue she tells me first off that I have not allowed them time to correct my address. That wasn't the reason I had to call back. Horrbile support.

Tracking my business expenses in all areas. I never tracked before because the older method was to time consuming.

Steven W.

"Easy, Fast and Convenient Why would you use anything else?"

What do you like best?

Takes me less time to do a month work of expenses than it took me to do a week with my previous company. Ease of use. Flexibility to use with my phone. Also it is intuitive and if I have chosen certain restaurants or Hotels it remembers them. That helps out a lot. The time savings, ease of use and having no hassle works for me. I can spend more time on day to day operations iwthout being bogged down on my expenses. This was a common frustration and dread with my previous company. Now when I take a few minutes a day and capture my receipts, all I spend is a quick doublecheck to confirm accuracy or if I missed anything.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that would jump out to me is that it takes a little bit of time to get my reimbursement back. That can be significant if you are paying your credit card.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My previous company should have used this instead of what they had. This is so much easier and effcient. If people spend a couple minutes a day on this, it is very easy to finsih and submit when my deadline is for reimbursement. The only way you could fall behind is by choice.,

Accuracy and speed for adding my expenses. Minutes a day to add and sort my receipts. You can put a price tag on time savings. I am much more efficient using this product.

UG
User in Government Administration

"Easy and effcient to use with smartphones"

What do you like best?

With Certify, it's easy to enter my mileage and travel expenses on my smartphone no matter where I am. I can easily take photos of my receipt and upload them into the app. It's also a breeze to submit this information to my manager. The efficiency of the app means that I receive my reimbursement quickly without much of a wait.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Certify app will change the dates for my reimbursements - I assume there is a bug in the app that causes this. The app will not always allow me to correct the dates. I also wish that the app allowed me to upload screenshots or photos of receipts that are already stored in my phone instead of forcing me to take a photo within the app itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Certify to others since it's easy to use and it's available on smartphones.

I receive my travel reimbursements much faster with Certify than I did at my previous employer, which did not utilize Certify. I appreciate having a high-tech solution to travel reimbursement that I can utilize on my smartphone. The app interface is overall very user-friendly and I am always notified of status updates regarding my reimbursements.

Tim R.

"Easy to use, great for travel"

What do you like best?

I am one who has a hard time keeping track of receipts, especially on my longer trips. With Certify, I take pictures as I go, stuff the receipts in my computer bag and hope for the best. If I lose one or one is too damaged to read, no problem, the pic is all I really need. The backend of Certify makes life easier for us accounting folks as well. The front end is way easier than Concur, but the back end is roughly equivalent in flexibility and user-friendliness.

What do you dislike?

I have not found something to dislike about Certify

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our install of Certify lacks the module to support reservations and itinerary organization, but as a simple solution to track expense reports, it is cheap and easy to use and administer, and has reasonably good controls.

Unlike most of our software, we have yet to have a support issue post-implementation.

Our old system for travel was just everyone submitting expense reports on company cards. Now, people use their own cards, and we have never had late payment and the expense report liability is easy to balance.

Vincent M.

"I certify all expense Management with Certify "

What do you like best?

Availability of automated reminders on Certify is what i like most aince it always remind me about flight status.

Certify is highly customizable to meet varying needs like travel management, expense management and purchasing.

What do you dislike?

I only slightly dislike the way it is a bit hard to customize Certify, mainly when you do not have an idea of where you should start.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes mainly for undertaking expense Management needs.

I use Certify to keep updated on all flight statuses.

Expense and purchasing management.

Client invoicing, mainly invoice creation and forwading to the relevant customers.

Randy P.

"Horrible if you have a lot of expenses or strange use case"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is very nice, you can do alot on it. They spent some time here.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The Web app interface is horribly horribly slow if you have a lot of expenses.

I was sold something that was great, however they dont fully understand how their product works and while "technically" we can use Certify, It literally takes me a full minute to edit an expense if someone gets a category wrong.

They have a handy dandy "merge" feature that matches up receipts to charge, but if you have over 100 receipts THEY TURN IT OFF! Why? No one can answer this nor does anyone have a solution.

While they spent a lot of time on the phone app the web app they cut corners or limit you on purpose, Im not sure which. We are a web development company and it appalls me that they have this kind of user experience, and its worse because I am forced to use this now!

We are seeing random charges not import into Certify as well, so I have to audit the CC transactions because I cannot trust the system. So I will have to do everything twice!

If you have a lot of expenses, or are going to let them pile up, this will hurt.

I see there are 99% positive reviews on Certify so I can only think that:

1) We are a too large of a company to be Certify clients

2) We were way oversold on the capabilities of Certify

3) We fit a nice niche where our use case just doesn't mesh with their systems (why did they take our money?)

Im not sure which one is ours but I wish I never found them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are always going to have less than 50 transaction (they count receipt and charges seperately) then you'll probably be fine, if your going to NEVER let your receipts pile up you'll probably be fine.

I have realized triple the amount of time it takes me to finish reconciling my expenses due to the fact that I have to use this product. I paid up front for 18 months NEVER DO THIS. We had some important projects going on and let a couple months go by without reconciliation and its taking forever to catch up. If they had the Merge feature working all the time it would be much better.

AH
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Certify is the Best Expense Reporting Tool for Any Size Company "

What do you like best?

Certify is so easy to use and it can do a number of different things. Even if you are only needing it to track spending, it allows you complete control. The mobile app is great and everyone loves using it. No more attaching receipts to a spreadsheet means, no more losing receipts or having to keep up with them. Just snap a photo of the receipt, load and sync. It is stored forever. There are different types of reports you can generate from Certify. Track and monitor spending is what we needed it for the most.

What do you dislike?

There is really only one thing I can say that is somewhat negative and that would be the not 100% accurate Autofill button. It helps if you have a clean receipt, but it does not always capture all of the information correctly and you still have to key in some of the information. This is minor in comparison to everything that Certify does and does well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would highly recommend this product to any size company. Whether you have less than 40 to over 1000 employees. It is cost effective and simple to use.

We are able to track spending which created awareness for our marketing and travel expenses to be more conscious when booking travel.

Sarah M.

"Love Certify! "

What do you like best?

Certify is so easy to use and very user friendly! Our company recently started using Certify and we love it. The support staff is very helpful and our Account Manager has been great to answer promptly with any questions or concerns that we may have.

What do you dislike?

The credit cards are a bit harder to link for our employees but I think that with additional training they will catch on and understand the things to look for when verifying their transaction is linked with a receipt. Other than that we have no problems with Certify and love the program!

We are able to track expenses used on our company credit cards much more efficiently! We love the reporting aspect of Certify to be able to drill down on employees, general ledger accounts etc.

Anna C.

"Department Level Budgeting is a Breeze"

What do you like best?

Team members can submit their reports to not only their immediate managers for approval, but it can be submitted up to another level of managers. It allows the people who need to see it, to actually see it. Also, I enjoy the ability to export the data into spreadsheets. I also LOVE the mobile app!

What do you dislike?

Preparing an expense report isn't the most user friendly experience, especially if you need to split an expense into multiple categories.

We are creating unity for department managers. We have set department budgets and Certify allows us to effectively manage where we are at.

Scott O.

"CERTIFY is the best software for Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

“I have used Certify many times over the past few years and have come to love it. It is very user friendly and keeps your history so to save time it automatically inputs your previous destinations as you type etc. You can keep a draft going so you can input once a day or weekly so that is a great feature. Not only is it easier than filling out old excel spreadsheets, it saves time by automatically e-mailing your direct supervisor for approval once it is submitted. I would recommend every company use this easy software for expense reporting.”

What do you dislike?

If you forget your password it takes a few steps to get a temporary one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Every company should look into whether CERTIFY is a good fit for them. The employees will love it I guarantee it.

It solves the problem of using paperwork or excel spreadsheets to keep track of your business expenses and mileage. Much faster and more organized with CERTIFY.

Suzanne G.

"Love this product!"

What do you like best?

Outstanding support, product is easy to use. Certify handles all the back end implementation. Their employees are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. So far, we have not found any issues to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We researched several products. It was important to find a company with good support, that was located in the United States, easy to use, and cost effective. From the moment I spoke with Certify I was impressed. No heavy sales pitch, just an information filled call. The product sells itself.

We were in desperate need of an updated expense program. One that our travelling consultants could use easily, from anywhere. Whether you are tech savvy or not, this product is easy to use. It makes my job so much easier.

Kevin B.

"Certify makes my employee reimbursements simple and faster"

What do you like best?

How quickly my reimbursements are processed.

What do you dislike?

Just the confusion of implementing and using a new tool in general. I don't even count this against this product specifically.. as it pertains to any new company-wide product "generally speaking".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. I guarantee it will simply the whole process for you. The best advice i could possibly give anyone is as simple as that.. Just try it and see. You won't ever want to go back to using anything else once you do.

Eliminating the constant emailing of spreadsheets to Managers and HR in order to track expenses, request approvals, and having to save them all on my laptop. Additionally, this basically allows you save and store receipts as well.

Learn more about Certify

Certify Videos

Learning about Certify?

* We monitor all Certify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(1,271)