Availity Reviews & Product Details

Availity Overview

What is Availity?

Availity solves the communication challenges between healthcare stakeholders, creating a more transparent exchange of information between health plans, providers, and technology partners.

Availity Details

Availity
2001
Jacksonville, FL
@Availity
Answer a few questions to help the Availity community
Have you used Availity before?

Availity Reviews

Showing 24 Availity reviews
Already have Availity?
Patient care liaison
What do you like best?

I like how user friendly the application is and how it allowed for quick access to info that can otherwise take a very long time to receive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how many qualifications you can make when looking up an insurance plan. Sometime I do not always have the DOB or the NPI number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It can be very thorough in its investigation of insurance claims, but this can cause issues where Availity has strengths. AKA in its efficiency and ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem that I can have of checking insurance claims without much patient info but also with ease of use as well as accuracy and efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Medical assistant
What do you like best?

What I like best about Availity is that it's really self explanatory and not much information is needed to verify eligibility for a patient. I have used provider's very own websites but this one is honestly just so much easier in every aspect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say I'm not a huge fan of their layout. It could be more modern and updated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s very easy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made it quicker to verify eligibility therefore getting patients to their appointment on time and keeping up with everyone's schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can do a quick insurance verification without having the call a patients insurance company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one downside is that the information isn't always accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the issue of needing quick information about a patients insurance in order to schedule them. Availity allows us to see if a patient will or will not be covered by their insurnace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

my favorite thing is that i can look up many insurance plans without having to sit on hold with a insurance company, i can just get the information i need right off the site and there is so much to get the can help our practiced Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it does not work or show the amount the patient has met, sometimes the wording is confusing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

very easy to use and very helpful to medical practices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

less time on phone with insurance companies, more accurate information, access to things I would not have asked on phone with insurance company, can help answer questions for patients, can show patients what we see to help them understand Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love using availity for quick accurate results. It’s a lot easier than calling each insurance company and dealing with that hassle of a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not have all the info i’m needing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Availity has changed the pace of my work and saved me a lot of time on calling insurance companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

clinical therapist
What do you like best?

I like that I am able to bill multiple insurance companies through one program. This allows me to reduce the time spent on paperwork. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They do not have all insurance companies. They do provide alternatives though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great solution for billing multiple insurance companies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has reduced the amount of time I spend billing insurance. I am able to track all claims in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development and Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

We are able to instantly verify patient insurance to qualify patients for our procedure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are times when the information is incorrect and we have to call to verify information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to qualify patients immediately. This has cut down on follow up calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chiropractic Assistant
What do you like best?

I like how descriptive Availity is when looking up insurance verification. The site makes it easy to find claim statuses and benefits for patients easily instead of having to call in each time. I also enjoy the layout of the website because it is easy to maneuver around on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if as a provider you decide what insurance companies are linked with the site, but I wish it offered more of the companies we use. The list that becomes available to choose from is limited and not with the most common insurance companies. Because the website is so detailed, at times, the information can seem chaotic and not well categorized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Availity is my main source of verifying insurance benefits for our patients. I have realized that it has helped cut back on the amount of phone calls I make directly to the insurance companies. All the information is accurate and detailed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When working properly it is very thorough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are often long delays and errors. Many times the system is down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Verifying insurance for ER patients in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Public Health Officer
What do you like best?

Setting up new employees is very easy with access and to do a password reset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There sometimes when the site is down although this problem doesn't not last long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Availity portal offers healthcare providers with free access to real-time information and instant feedback in a consistent format regardless of the payer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use availity in patient records management,in and out patients management as well as managing revenue and claims. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Availity is very useful in determining medical claim status and patient eligibility for many different insurance policies! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not every insurance has the "appeal" feature to appeal or dispute denials online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very useful tool for front-desk duties in verifying eligibility and benefits and very useful for medical billing verifying claims and status. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patient's benefits are confirmed and claim status is clarified. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

Availity is like one stop shopping for a medical practice. You can verify benefits for several patients at the same time, verify different plans, submit appeals, view and retrieve referrals and prior authorizations. I don't know how any practice could run without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The information is not always accurate. We need very specific information. Availity does not allow us to obtain benefits by CPT code and place of service, which is what would help us the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You must use availity, if you are not, why not? If you are a BCBS provider, you really have no other choice, so just do it already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefit verification.

Knowing ahead of time how much a patient will owe increases time of service collections. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing Manager
What do you like best?

I utilize Availity to check claim status and benefits for our Physical Therapy benefits. I am able to see a patients eligibility and a portion of their benefits. I like that Availity is a one stop shop for several insurance plans to get insurance benefits and claims details. Adding and removing providers is a simple task within Availity. It is also fairly simple to add or remove administrative staff and give them permission for only what they need permission for. When I am able to pull claims data it is informative and easy to read. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Availity has a place where you can send an online inquiry about claims. I have not had great success with this - no one gets back to me. This would be a great feature if in fact you would hear back from someone. I haven't found Availity to be extremely user friendly nor has my staff. To obtain benefit information you have to input a lot of information - more than what I typically have to input on any other site. I would love to just input a name and ID # to get information. My office also needs more benefit detail than what Availity provides as we are a specialty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Availity has a lot more to offer than the surface that I've barely scratched. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The business problem we have been able to solve is to save our administrative staff time on the phone. Decreasing phone time for our billers and front desk staff is huge and financially beneficial for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love availity! Having a software where I can verify and bundle similar insurances together really helps at our office for appointments. I absolutely love that it saves into the next day so if I need to double check I can quickly scroll down find and select. Availity is good for those who do billing and also appeal claims you are able to connect all insurance networks and get real time updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont like when it takes awhile to load due to communication issues with the insurance companies or that some insurances can be verified but you are unable to copayment without calling the company directly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IT WILL LITERALLY BE A LIFESAVER IF YOU DO BILLING, INSURANCE VERIFICATION AND CLAIMS APPEAL Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It cuts down delays in verifying for multiple people via phone, especially if you have alot of urgent care or same day appointment patients. It is verify helpful when it comes to finding out when insurances have ended. I love being able to see an actual member id care if available especially since some of our clients forget their id cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I mostly use Availity for insurance verification and remittance viewing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features are complicated and difficult to figure out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is really easy to use to check benefits for a new patient. I also like the predictability of payments being made on Mondays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Medical Assistant
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

I like the ease of being able to check insurances and submit claims online. It is time saving and makes my job so much easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t always get a complete answer and have to call the company later anyway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s much easier and faster to get our insurance questions answered online Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing Manager
Medical Practice
What do you like best?

The ease of using this for claim status and researching claims. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The length of time it takes to set up a company from scratch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its the only insurance based product that the insurance owns interest in, so its really the best one to use for that reason alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us keep track of claims to make sure they are paid timely which in turn helps our cash flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CSR II
What do you like best?

I like how many insurance and the different options you can verify, whether its 2nd opinion, office visit etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it doesn't always provide the correct information on copays, especially freedom health and/or UHC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Obtaining authorizations, viewing auths and referrals. Also I use it daily to verify insurance benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having access to pre-certifying many Bcbs out-of-state procedures without having to call and endure much often, pretty long wait lines Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Runs slowly at times, will sometimes re-hook you to the first page when when calling and stating my position, only to be. Another thing, the biggest thing, completely lacking respect of all cleaning and self dignity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to make sure information that is in the payor’s pre rqrmnts, actually meets req’ments; ratting than changing last minute; Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Support Coordinator
What do you like best?

Availity is fairly easy to use, the interface is simple and it allows me to submit authorization requests without waiting on hold on the phone forever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I receive a LOT of unnecessary emails from the company, and spend a lot of time deleting them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared for a LOT of unnecessary emails. The program itself is easy to use, and I haven't had issues with it not working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows us to obtain authorizations for scans and tests before the patient has them. This ensures accurate billing and payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to run elgibility for multiple insurances is amazing. Colors make it easy to see who is active and not. Appreciate messaging system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Messaging system not useful half the time, have to call anyway, and wish eligibility pages were standardized to all carry the needed info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recognize you will still need to call at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Availity allows us to run eligibility so much faster so we can identify coverage issues while the pt is still in the clinic. Also allows us to solve some COB issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is clear on what is needed to be filled out. It doesn’t let you submit if you have an error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Error when entering procedure codes. It does not tell you whether each specific service is covered or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cannot search procedures individually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Claim status is easy to view and is useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had access to more payers fee schedule Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eligibility and benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The funtions used for claims analysis by providers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Providers dislike it and use it for claims analysis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Claims analysis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.