Zenefits

Zenefits

Zenefits gives you a single place to manage your payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance -- all online, all in one beautiful dashboard. No more paperwork. No more headaches.

Work for Zenefits?

Learning about Zenefits?

Zenefits Reviews

Ask Zenefits a Question
Showing 237 Zenefits reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Zenefits
Grace B.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Gina K.
Edward T.

"A tool with excellent specifications for the human resources management"

What do you like best?

I love this software thanks to its specifications since it is not necessary to use it much without previous knowledge. It is easy to use due to its features, customer service is Well I am satisfied with all your Zenefits specifications with an excellent and easy customer service access

What do you dislike?

They could do a more extensive tutorial and specify about some areas of the program. Do not works well on mobile devices which is somewhat annoying, there have been changes to the service customer service although it continues to improve its problems but it is still difficult to trust truly in the data

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depending on the needs of each person, some will be better than other functions depending on your needs but it's worth this program has satisfied me almost all my needs, try it surely will be worth trying zenefits with a good human resources system

Human resources management was previously more tedious and cost a lot of time. It's great have a system that tracks employees, gives us more time to do our job It makes everything easier

William P. H.

"simplifies HR management"

What do you like best?

I really like that it is a very complete tool with multiple useful functions, it really helps to keep everything very organized, it makes it easier to have control of payroll payments, vacations and much more information that can be stored in this software.

What do you dislike?

The guides for the users are very basic, I think they should be improved mainly if the user does not have any previous experience with some software of the segment, because there are many things to learn to take advantage of all the benefits of the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although it is a very easy tool to use, I recommend that you see how many tutorials and videos are necessary to understand the information well because there are many things to learn to work optimally with the tool.

This tool allows us to store all the information related to the employees in one place. This makes it much easier to manage human resources, it is a good bridge of efficient communication between the human resource department and employees.

Alex R.

"A program to streamline all your human resources work"

What do you like best?

I really like this software because of its friendly interface, since it allows me to use it without much prior knowledge, even without being connected to the web all the time. This system is without a doubt special because it is capable of being the ideal assistant that the human resources department of my company needed to be efficient in their work, speeding up their time and improving their efforts.

I can also say that it has a customer service team that respond as quickly as possible and safely. They are able to make you feel supported at all times and not feel any fear in case some member of my team is wrong.

What do you dislike?

Something that I think this software should improve is in the error alerts, occasionally these annoying errors arise, but they are not difficult to repair by the customer service team. More than this I have no complaints about this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a system that provides improvement in the work of your team of human resources, I say, definitely Zenefits is the solution for you.

Thanks to Zenefits the work of my human resources department has improved considerably, it has seen improvement in them, creating an optimal and stable work environment for each worker. This system has adapted as a ring to the rhythm of my company, allowing me to give my team all the benefits packages that as a company I usually give but with other systems I have not been able to include it because they fall short on reaching that part, but with this software it is all different and better.

Brian J. C.

"The ideal system that every company should have."

What do you like best?

I like this system because it remains in constant evolution with its impressive improvements. Each function that this program has been amazing, it even allows me to be able to simplify all the programs I used before in just one. It allows me to be up-to-date with payroll processing, it allows me to have an evaluation of performance management, it gives the company's board a complete and detailed report of the performance of the company and people.

This system has an excellent and fast customer service. That undoubtedly they are always ready to attend to any novelty that may arise, I also like it because it allows me to have in a function all the aspects that are handled by the human resource of the company.

I love the performance management tool and how they are improving this system with that function, there are so many things that I would like to say about each function that this system has that would not end, however, something that remains to be highlighted is that it has a board and a very simple interface to use.

What do you dislike?

I can say that this system is surprising, once you load all the information, you will realize how it will take care of the entire management almost automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely every company should have this system, if it is a little expensive but its price is worth it. Try it and you will notice.

Thanks to Zenefits has allowed us to manage in one place everything that has to do with the work team in my business, thus facilitating the working life of people working in the department of human resources and Administration.

Having the Zenefits payroll is incredible and very useful since I can handle all the information of the employees without any problem even with all the benefits packages that the company has, in summary, this system has been adapted and coupled in an ideal way that I have not seen in other software.

Travis M.

"Ease to manage human resources"

What do you like best?

In a single place you have multiple options for the area of human resources. Within the areas of the company, the area of human resources is usually very broad, since you have payroll management, employee management, salaries, hiring ... All these aspects are integrated into Zenefits which helps to have everything right organized and controlled.

Employees also have access to consult data on their payroll, on payments or on vacation days or queries they wish to make. This provides that they are informed at any time about the information they require.

What do you dislike?

Integrating the data within the system took some time, since we had a lot of data to enter into the system.

They could make more extensive and specific tutorials about some areas of the program, since at first it was difficult for us to adapt to their operation and we had to spend some time reviewing all the options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To integrate all the elements of human resources in a single place is recommended Zenefits, since it facilitates the interaction, communication and integration of all aspects of this area.

Time is the word that comes to mind when I think of Zenefits. Now human resources management that previously cost us a lot of time such as review the payroll, give days off or solve employees' budgets are made much faster through this platform. It is all integrated in one place and both the employees and the human resource managers have the options in one place, which helps to make all communication more fluid.

Lauren M.

"Zenefits is VERY user friendly, but not the most hightech and isn't without it's flaws"

What do you like best?

Zenefits is super user friendly. They use big icons, all employees have photos, everything is in one place, easy to track vacation/sick time. Easy to keep track of insurance as well.

What do you dislike?

Zenefits doesn't work well on mobile which is frustrating. It also doesn't always track vacation time correctly. It would be helpful if it were a bit more robust. There is an opportunity to be used as a full HR system, but there just aren't enough options to be self sufficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not a great product for a company with more than 100/150 employees. There are better options that provide more value.

We're more easily tracking vacation/sick time. We have a lot of remote employees so it's great that we have a system that tracks employees all over the world and who is working remotely vs in an office or HQ.

Jennifer S.

"Streamlined & Integrated HR Platform "

What do you like best?

One stop shopping for all of the HR processes. From onboarding to payroll, health benefits, PTO, performance management through termination. It provides one place to efficiently organize/manage and securely document/store everything along the way. Employees have 24/7 access to their pay stubs and PTO requests.

What do you dislike?

There have been some changes in customer support. It was great when I had one contact who could give me personalized and immediate help. It's improving now, with more options for help like chat and a support line. But the more services there are, the more the help gets dispersed. It's product-specific help rather than someone knowing me and my company. That can feel scattered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are videos and tutorials for you to see the navigation. This is very helpful in understanding and experiencing first hand how the apps work. It's very intuitive and easy to use. If you have considered an online HR tool, you must consider Zenefits.

We are more compliant. We are more consistent. We are more timely. The integration of all of the processes into one streamlined tool is so valuable. It gives us more time to do our work and focus on servicing our clients.

Brittany M.

"Automate to Innovate"

What do you like best?

Zenefits integrates with a ton of different apps to make life easier. Taking a candidate from sourcing them to on-boarding them is fully automated through Greenhouse which is a major time savings. Pulling reports to analyze various data points has been invaluable across all departments.

What do you dislike?

More customization. The Time and Attendance app doesn't allow us to customize for our different state break restrictions and we have to pull out break violations manually when employees waive breaks for shifts under 6 hours.

Customization for PTO so we can offer the right benefits to the right people has been very helpful. Our hourly employees have different needs than our headquarters squad and using zenefits to offer the right perks to the right people helps us attract and retain talent.

Nicole P.

"Does The Job, with Minor Headache"

What do you like best?

It's been great having all of our employees and incoming hires in one place, along with all of their documents. As a rapidly growing and developing business, we need to keep all of our documents online. Zenefits lets us keep all employees' documents and onboarding materials in one easy-to-find place. The Time Off tools that keep us on top of who's in and out of the office has also proven useful. The dashboard looks great and makes Zenefits easy to navigate. Customizable enough when we need to create different policies for different teams.

What do you dislike?

Their Support services could use improvement-- slow response time, and not the highest quality of support and advising. Of the issues that have come up, I'd say 60% of them go unresolved. We've always had a problem with the automated PTO accrual that creates a headache for us throughout the year, especially so when our PTO accrual and insurance policies renew. It seems as though Zenefits is still in Beta, always discovering and working out chinks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We've run into a lot of issues with employee benefits and PTO with Zenefits, but we wouldn't switch to another platform.

Organizing and consolidating our onboarding and employee tracking. Zenefits streamlines our onboarding process and makes hiring headache-free. We manage about 100 young, part-time employees, in addition to about 75 full-time staff. They have, for the most part, found Zenefits easy to use to manage their needs.

David C.

"Simple and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Smooth experience, it's so much easier than managing it manually. Support team at benefits are a great help when needed. Zenefit's real strengths are on boarding, off boarding, health benefit enrollment and COBRA management. They get better and better with features they continue to add, i.e. FSA, Commuter Benefits, PTO, Reporting etc have been added and is seamless these days.

What do you dislike?

When they buy new software, they should take more time to integrate the product. I think they learnt their lessons on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a really an easy system to use and much better than trying to manage outside of a system. Zenefit's real strengths are on boarding, off boarding, health benefit enrollment and COBRA management. They get better and better with features they continue to add, i.e. FSA, Commuter Benefits, PTO, Reporting etc have been added and is seamless these days.

Onboarding, Offboarding, Health Benefits, FSA, Commuter benefits

Christopher W.

"Great and getting better"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Zenefits is always improving. I was with them when they were a free platform and now that they are paid. I am waiting for full scheduling functionality before I move on to transferring all of my human resources programs.

What do you dislike?

I think that their systems can be visually more appealing. It's better than most in the market, but I like something bright and clean looking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zenefits is a good choice if you are looking to consolidate different programs into one. I would ask what exactly are you looking for; for example, if you are looking just for payroll, an HR software with that may be too much, but if you are looking to have a seamless program for all of your employees this program may be a good choice to consider.

I am tired of having a thousand apps all over the damn place. Zenefits is a solution to have everything under one roof. It is in Zenefits business model to continue to grow and encompass more human resources needs.

Veronica H.

"My Experience with Zenefits "

What do you like best?

Zenefits is a very cost efficient brokerage of benefits and HRIS system with some great tools, such as US employee onboarding and benefits enrollment, cobra administration, and commuter benefit offerings. It’s great to have a benefits broker that comes along with an HRIS system.

What do you dislike?

There have been many quirks with the software, mainly the lack of effective dating, the validity of some reports data, and the lack of customer service. Recently I will say, the reporting and customer service have slightly improved but it is still hard to truly trust the data like I can with ADP and other systems.

Commuter benefit issues with employer contributions have been a challenge for 2 plan years. Effective dating I have been told is an issue that Zenefits is aware of but not yet working on, which really is baffling to me since it is very important. I do like the cobra administration, time and attendance module and ease of US employee onboarding, while still awaiting these features for international entities.

Greg H.

"It was good, now great, soon to be better!"

What do you like best?

Payroll processing, Built in performance management, company directory, great and easy to access customer service. I love having our benefits integrated and having a one stop shop essentially for all aspects of HR.

I love that they are constantly growing and rolling out new updates that have both functionality and compliance in mind. The performance management tool isnt much yet, but it is a very promising app that should make Zenefits a ones stop shop for all of our companies needs. Apart from that the mobile app is easy to use and make time and attendance is easy to use as an administrator and as a user.

What do you dislike?

Reports are poor. They are getting better and have had some improvements. I hope the payroll reports improve so I dont have to continue to make my own each payroll run. Their customer service is only accessible via chat, email or phone call. Now that my sound like its an amazing aspect but you submit tickets and wait for them to call you back. Not too convenient when you actually want to talk to a real person.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn how to use EVERYTHING before launch. Make sure your specialists actually call you and teach you how to use it rather than letting them just email you.

The benefits we are using are health, medical, dental and then out other coinsurances. They integrate well and working with the other apps they have is easy and a HUGE bonus.

"They've Come a Long Way"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use, user interface, and plug and play feel of Zenefits. While it isn't perfect, our employees love it and it makes my life easier.

What do you dislike?

I used to have an issue with response time, but they've very much improved, however, I wish I could still submit by email. Having to log into the portal prior to submitting can be a bit annoying, but nothing that would make me stop using Zenefits. I also wish employees could view their own salary history and that I received notifications when an employee changed their address or other personal details.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tell your employees to inform you of address changes and stay on top of your tax details if they handle your payroll. Things can be out of wack for the first several months before they start to run smoothly. You'll receive notices in the mail and have to reach out to Zenefits to confirm they will be paid.

Employees can control their own information and have accountability.

Nicolas C.

"Everything HR in one place and simplified"

What do you like best?

What I like best from Zenefits I think is their customer service approach. They know that even-though a user can do everything through the platform, there are processes that are completed offline by third parties. Having always someone willing te help you find out what's going with those off-platform processes is great.

On the other hand, the platform is beautiful. It is very intuitive and it has the perfect balance between modern and professional.

Additionally, you can manage the whole HR process on it. Before Zenefits I remember we had to make a lot pf phone calls and emails to coordinate everything. Today all of that is on the platform, so there's no more overhead and my HR team has more time to work on other stuff.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything from Zenefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend starting with the first tier and then move up if needed. Customer service is really good to helo you understand the setup process.

Before using Zenefits we had to handle everything manually on different platforms and/or offline. Multiple points of contacts created multiple single points of failure. It was messy. Zenefits has allowed us to consolidate everything employee related in a single place and it makes both HR and Administrative people lives easier. Think of Zenefits as a bridge between employees, the HR team and the brokers. In the platform we now can manage all the processes that involve those three parties.

Ashley E.

"Great portal to hold employee information"

What do you like best?

Zenefits streamlines the place to go for employees to see any benefits our company offers or employees' personal benefits. The look of the portal is very clean and nice, easy to use and pretty intuitive. The dashboard for each user is great because it highlights the main areas that one would need to access often. I often use the commuter benefits portion to check how I've been using those benefits. Or, the vacation time portal to request time off, whether it's PTO or sick time.

What do you dislike?

The tool for hierarchy and teams isn't the most intuitive to use and the functionality seems a bit dated. I wish there was a more robust way to show how all the teams in the company are connected to each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When using Zenefits, know that the portal holds the information it has populated from the integration you have set for it. For example, if your insurance company policies give certain information to Zenefits regarding your coverage, it will reflect that in the portal however it could be missing information or could be incorrect—so you must defer to your actual documentation to assure it's correct.

There are great features like the Vacation portal for PTO and Sick Time, insurance info, payroll, and commuter benefits. Additionally, HR policies and contracts can be created and held within the portal. It creates one space to hold all HR and employee materials that they would need.

Kath F.

"Initial adopter of Zenefits, we have seen a lot of changes"

What do you like best?

Zenefits has had a lot of ups and downs, but it is constantly changing and evolving. There is no doubt how much time and money Zenefits has saved us as a small company in gathering information, tracking people, tracking insurance, hiring, terminating, and payroll. I think by far the best feature that we utilize with Zenefits is payroll. It took our payroll process down from 8 hours to 30 minutes. It used to be a two person process that would involve a day of double checking numbers and now I do it myself within 30 minutes and Zenefits always does the math right and remembers things that I would not.

Also, I love documents. We can track all of our employee documents here and it is such a relief. Also, we can send yearly documents that need to be signed or updated. This is such a time save.

What do you dislike?

We have yet to have a very wonderful experience with Zenefit's insurance brokerage. They used to do it in house and it was just a disaster for someone that wasn't from California, where they are located. We struggled in Georgia with a lack of knowledge from their brokers, and an inability to advise us on crucial things like HSA's and FSA's. They have changed their process and are now using a different agency, and I can't wait to see what this process is like (and they are in Atlanta, too!)

Also, their time off app needs tweaking. I LOVE having a time off app and it is so useful, but the way that it calculates available time is just wonky and none of my employees seem to understand it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a company that listens and makes the right changes in the right direction. I have never felt my voice heard as well as I do with Zenefits.

1. Keeping track of important personal employee files

2. Processing insurance and tracking benefits

3. Tracking ETO/PTO

4. General HR questions

5. Payroll

6. Employee onboarding

As the HR Contact, I use this software on a daily basis. It helps me with so many things. My employees know they have it and occasionally have to use it for things like ETO or checking their paystubs, but don't need to bother it, and that's how I like it.

Matt R.

"Great Start... Not so Great Finish"

What do you like best?

Zenefits was an amazing platform when we first rolled out. It was so easy to use and took our on boarding to the next level and really provided a fantastic platform to begin to manage the HR needs of our growing organization.

What do you dislike?

It was very hard to make the move away from our local insurance agent but we were convinced the benefits of a total HR solution and still having a person to communicate with regarding our medical insurance needs was worth it. Unfortunately, we went from a dedicated rep, to a team of reps, to simply having an email address to send questions to. Our employees suffered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It was very disappointing to lose all of our personal support and contact with our insurance agent. It then was even more disappointing that Zenefits began charging for features we were promised would always remain free of charge.

Zenefits was truly an amazing HR software and on boarding platform. We were able to solve needs we didn't even know we had.

"Basically good but have had a few problems"

What do you like best?

It's pretty straightforward and easy to navigate. You can get reports for anything.

What do you dislike?

Have had a couple of technical issues, and website directions can be misleading or just too vague for people unfamiliar with the system or with running payroll. I'm with a tiny nonprofit organization, and was hired as sort of the part-time "all in one" admin person, with payroll being one of the responsibilities. I have no prior experience with payroll.

It's basically straighforward, but when you have a unique situation, I have found the infomation/instructions on the website to be vague and often misleading. Example: "a paper check will be issued" should probably say "employer will issue a paper check to employee" - the way they word it definitely leaves open the understanding that Zenefits is sending the check. (Perhaps they should contract with a technical writer for this - couldn't hurt.)

I had a similar issue with Contractors module. Needed to issue a Form 1099 for someone. When you check the "yes" box to have Zenefits issue it, they ask you "How much to you want to put on on the 1099"? or something very similar. Being new to this, I put in the amount of money the contractor had been paid based on Zenefits' payment history.

Contractor got a 1099 for double the wages she actually earned. Turns out what they MEANT was, "Zenefits shows total payments of $$$. Do you wish to add additional payments to the 1099"? Luckily, I had some IRS form and I could issue the corrected 1099 because Zenefits could not. Had I not had the forms their only suggestion was to pay a CPA to issue the correction. They should just be more precise in their language.

The Time and Attendance thing seems a little buggy - recently I had to add hours to some employee's timecards after the deadline, and hours I added to one employee's card ended up also in another employee's card (employee 2) - and the hours that employee 2 had added to their card had disappeared. I did not see that because I had not edited employee 2's card. Result was employee 2 was overpaid. Did not get a response as to how to fix this before the next pay run, which is annoying. I also log my hours on a spreadsheet as I work, then transfer them to Time and Attendance. I can never get my hours/minutes/totals to work properly in T&A. I have to tweak the decimals in T&A to make the total hours match what I show in Google Sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch for bugginess and before you do something new, make sure you either watch the tutorial or ask Support to be sure you are doing it right. The website directions make it seem that you understand what you are about to do, but the wording is poor and it's easy to make a mistake.

The payroll account was in place when I started, so no idea what problems might be solved. I added Timd and Attendance because it was too time-consuming to do manual timecards and ensure compliance with the overtime laws, etc. It is faster but as I mentioned above, it's buggy.

Jack C.

"So far the best HR software"

What do you like best?

Zenefits helps us to manage our HR department much easier. Candidates are always on track, the moment when people accept the offers we will be notified immediately. We also begin to consider using it's payroll function in the near future. The platform is clean and nice, easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is more frustrating when you are about to discuss with the new employees about their 401(k) and the website shows it encounter system issues. The cost for each employee is also an interesting issue, since it charges us by the number of employees. Wish they can do a bundle sale, for instance, different price sets for 1-10, 11-49, 50-100 employees, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider changing the price setting. It will encourage more start-ups to use Zenefits if it offers more flexible price based on the current number of employees and the future growth.

Onboarding, benefits, and hopefully payroll next year.

Tracy M.

"Everything wrapped into one!"

What do you like best?

Zenefits is one stop for all of your HR needs. It is easy to use for admins as well as staff. Customer service is impeccable. I have never been let down by this company when I need to get in touch with them.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with Zenefits. Once you get everything entered in; the software takes over. If you have questions; customer service is easily reachable and their response time is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it and you will see that it is a wonderful tool to have within your business.

Zenefits just added payroll so I am anxious to explore that and possibly add that to my HR package. All employee info is stored here as well as all of our benefits packages. It it very helpful to all of us when we have a question.

Jameson S.

"Fantastically easy-to-use time saver for our small business"

What do you like best?

We've used Zenefits for 2.5 years. Despite the "automation" nature of their products, I've been very impressed with how personal the service is. Each of the Zenefits reps I've dealt with has not only been friendly, but super responsive and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

They seem to have recovered well from the CEO shakeup and turmoil from 2016, but it's something that sticks at the back of your mind - are they stable enough for us to keep relying on them more and more? My sense is that they are, but it's hard sometimes not to wonder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're using it for the free features, it's hard to go wrong. There's very little risk. That's how they get your attention, and it's a neat model.

We're onboarding new employees with ease and we've automated our Annual Enrollment process. We're currently considering using them for payroll too.

Learn more about Zenefits

Zenefits Videos

Learning about Zenefits?

* We monitor all Zenefits reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.