VirtualPBX

3.1

VirtualPBX provides hosted VoIP PBX phone services that give small and medium growing businesses a professional, fully automated call answering and routing solution

Work for VirtualPBX?

Learning about VirtualPBX?

VirtualPBX Reviews

Ask VirtualPBX a Question
Showing 12 VirtualPBX reviews
VirtualPBX review by Ryan F.
Ryan F.

"Feature Rich & Affordable PBX for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

The ability to set your business hours and configure different options during opening and closed hours.

What do you dislike?

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to tell (when having calls forward to your personal device) the caller id's phone number AND identify it as a business call. There is the option of just forwarding the caller id details but then I'm not sure if it is on my business line or personal line.

Having a toll-free number where my customers can reach me at times I designate through my cell-phone is amazing! I have the convenience I'm used to but the professional presentations clients expect.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about VirtualPBX
VirtualPBX review by Executive Sponsor in Investment Banking
Executive Sponsor in Investment Banking

"Egregious pricing update, terrible exchange of value"

What do you like best?

I don't like much after their 10x price increase for a product with very little value.

What do you dislike?

I was a customer for 8 years before the company suddenly increased their prices from roughly $60/month to ~$600/month. We had been using the product simply as a virtual voicemail service and were happy to pay about $750 / year for very little. However, this new pricing scheme would amount to making our least important piece of technology (basically a VM spam filter) more expensive than all of our CRM, collaboration tools, and other technology combined. VirtualPBX is terrible...customers BEWARE. Also, if they keep their strong rating here for much longer, I have to believe it is because fully business is happening with the review site because this is simply egregious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away!

We have used the product as a voicemail box for spam calls, etc. However, they then raised the price an insane amount, the value prop went completely out the window. It is like paying the price of a Ferrari for a Toyota.

What VoIP solution do you use?

VirtualPBX review by User

"Works but we do experience issues"

What do you like best?

I like that (as an administrator) I can log-in and adjust our phone system as needed. Easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

We seem to have problems often with VirtualPBX. Sometimes calls are routed incorrectly or out of sequence and sometimes an extension will be 'unavailable' to a caller when the extension is marked 'available'. We have also had trouble with calls routing to incorrect departments when a specific department is requested. Support gets our issues taken care of BUT they shouldn't happen as often as they do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do lots of research on your phone system!

Having a phone system that works properly is extremely important for any business. Using this system allows us to conduct business as 85% of our business begins with a phone call.

VirtualPBX review by Anthony N.
Anthony N.

"All inclusive for a small business with great features for day to day calls!"

What do you like best?

I love the customization that the VirtualPBX gives my company. Being able to set holiday schedules and special conditions when we have meetings makes it even more convenient. The teleconferencing option was a nice little add-on that we've actually ended up using quite a bit.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would expand their selection of acceptable phones, the higher end phones that we wanted weren't supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great budget friendly VOIP service for small businesses.

We've been able to avoid missing a call when someone wasn't at their desk with the call chasing option. The auto attendant is amazing for routing out most of those pesky robo calls.

VirtualPBX review by Felicia L.
Felicia L.

"Satisfied customer"

What do you like best?

The DASH interface is much better and easier to use that the original software. I also like the call forwarding. If I'm out of the office, the call is forwarded to my cell phone. The technical support is great, with the reps willing to troubleshoot any issues until it is resolved.

What do you dislike?

With the previous software, both my 800 and local numbers also served as a fax number. With DASH, I had to get a separate number. Incoming faxes are fine; outgoing requires a hard-to-remember email and limits attachments to one PDF (i.e., cannot fax a Word doc).

VirtualPBX gives my company a professional image.

VirtualPBX review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Transition from Console to Dash was TERRIBLE!"

What do you like best?

Have been with VirtualPBX a while using VConsole. Still learning Dash. Big learning curve from VConsole to Dash.

What do you dislike?

The transition was absolutely TERRIBLE!!!! Not a simple flip of the switch. Had to completely rebuild pbx and call routing.

It was switched with notice but no help from tech until we called and asked for assistance. It took over a month to get kinks worked out of system with multiple phone calls to transition team member who ultimately was helpful but hard to get a hold of due to her knowledge.

toll free pbx system

VirtualPBX review by Jacob J. C.
Jacob J. C.

"Great for small to medium business"

What do you like best?

The opportunity to configure the system to serve our small business. We operate out of multiple offices, but need to be attentive too incoming calls as our appointment scheduling is imperative to our success. Group routing calls ensures every call gets answered how we have configured the system.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see Presence better integrated and use of feature keys on our polycom phones.

Call routing has helped us be most attentive to our clients, from initial contact to routing calls to the appropriate individuals in remote offices, corporate office, and even in the field.

VirtualPBX review by Cory G.
Cory G.

"Solid service, but support is a bit slow and price is too high."

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to setup and configure. ACD routing feature was simple enough to setup and administer.

What do you dislike?

Price was too high for what this service delivers, especially in light of competing platforms now available, namely from Amazon with the Amazon Connect service. Setting up recordings was expensive and took a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at competitors. Amazon's Connect service is not a mature (yet) but delivers similar features at a fraction of the cost.

ACD routing for company and delivering calls to users phones without having to setup individual VOIP phones.

VirtualPBX review by Buddy M.
Buddy M.

"Not on par with other providers. "

What do you like best?

They have good intentions and have tried to build the app for mobile communication.

What do you dislike?

The app doesn't really work. RingCentral completely stomps VirtualPBX in the dirt with comms. The pricing is very similar as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't buy this, I would probably go with RingCentral or another provider until they get there stuff sorted out.

We we're trying to get a solution for office and on the go but VirtualPBX fell short. We didn't benefit from the app, it was hard to get it to work and drained battery.

VirtualPBX review by Administrator

"It took time, but a long-standing problem has been fixed"

What do you like best?

Working directly with one customer support individual

What do you dislike?

Unclear documentation -- really, it could be beter

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not getting through to customer support, give VPBX a bad review and you will be contacted immediately. It shouldn't have to be like this, but that has been my experience.

VirtualPBX provides the in-house phone system for our small business

VirtualPBX review by User

"Communication made easy"

What do you like best?

VirtualPBX makes it easy for members on my team to communicate with each other! It is easy and quick to set up calls

What do you dislike?

Honestly kind of hard to learn and confusing at first. Especially had trouble with the mobile app. But customer service has been great and walks you through any issues you may encounter

it's great that you can reroute the calls to anywhere - as someone calls your office but you're not in your office

VirtualPBX review by Administrator

"Linda F."

What do you like best?

Linda was amazing and went above and beyond to assist me in addressing various issues.

What do you dislike?

I liked everything about my experience as Linda F. did everything to help me and make the process easy and pleasurable. I look forward to speaking to her personally next time I need assistance. She deserves a raise.

All my issues including adding numbers and setting up certain forwarding options were realized thanks to Linda F.!

Learning about VirtualPBX?

* We monitor all VirtualPBX reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.