Pathmatics Reviews & Product Details

Pathmatics Overview

What is Pathmatics?

Pathmatics turns the world’s marketing data into actionable insights. Pathmatics provides a marketing intelligence platform that helps the world’s top agencies, brands, and publishers answer their digital advertising questions across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, display, mobile, and video.

Pathmatics Details

Video, display, mobile, tablet & native ad intelligence for the world's top advertisers, agencies, publishers and ad tech providers.

Pathmatics Explorer delivers the most complete and accurate picture of the digital advertising landscape by relying on a global panel of desktop and mobile users. The scale and scope of our data collection enables us to report broader digital channel coverage – including key social platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as well as desktop display, mobile display, desktop video, and mobile video.

Pathmatics, Inc.
2011
Santa Monica, CA
@Pathmatics

Pathmatics Videos

Pathmatics Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Pathmatics community
Have you used Pathmatics before?

Pathmatics Reviews

Showing 269 Pathmatics reviews
Already have Pathmatics?
associate media director
What do you like best?

Pathmatics is super easy to use and gives a great breakout of digital spend for many companies. This is the perfect tool to use when doing competitive as you are able to see spend, partners, creatives and different time frames. This tool makes it easy to deep dive into what competitors are doing and potentially learn from their creatives/tactics and partners. This is also the only (or one of the only) tools that gives Facebook data which is extremely valuable especially when seeing what competitors are doing and what sort of spend spikes there are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Pathmatics. The platform is great and so easy to use. Anyone can use it from beginners to experts as the platform is counter-intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using Pathmatics, make sure to look at the creatives to get some ideas of things that competitors are doing. Also look at creatives to think about what sort of tactics they are using in the social space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems solved are looking at what competitors and other verticals are doing. The tool is used to gauge specific partner spend levels and to see if there are any partners, creatives and tactics that clients should consider. The major benefit is coming up with insights based on what other brands are (or aren't) doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

Pathmatics has given me a really efficient way to find active social ads that brands are running, follow their creatives, and understand how invested companies are in Facebook and Instagram Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think some brands spend a lot on Facebook desktop placements, especially with older target audiences. It would be great to add that into the data at some point, but that is a very minor detail. Of course, mobile is going to continue to become more popular anyway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have a very unique use case using the platform to find comments on ads. I can see how it would be useful for creative teams as well that want to keep an eye on what competitors are doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working in the Social Media Engagement space, brands face challenges with trends in their comments changing everyday. Pathmatics helps us keep an eye on what engagement brands are receiving and advise them on how to react. Training with Esi was great, and she was extremely knowable about the platform and technical details! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simplicity, speed, and organization. Pathmatics makes it incredible easy to find information on digital competitors, or identify trends in the digital media space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data is inconsistent or cannot all be tracked so there are some holes in the data. This is common for most tools, though. It would be great if Pathmatics could very clearly tell you what exactly is and isn't captured within a specific set of results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a digital research tool that is WAY easier to use than classic desktop competitive analysis software, this is it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm trying to keep track of competitor activity to ensure our media balance is on par with similar advertisers. I'm also trying to keep track of trends in the marketplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's difficult to say what I like best. The ability to search competition for our clients is great. The different types of information provided re: where the competition is running, what type of ads, number of impressions is invaluable. Also how they are purchasing (either direct or indirect) is just plain interesting to me as a media planner. The Insights around COVID-19 have also been very valuable. I also really appreciate their customer service and check-ins with our rep. She' s great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the recent change to the Native Content. It is more difficult to access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are not a large agency and Pathmatics has worked with us when other similar platforms haven't even returned our calls. The system is amazing and the team really listens to client requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are providing a service to our clients that they could not get elsewhere without having to spend a lot of time searching all over the internet for it. With Pathmatics most of what we need is contained in one place. One benefit we have realized this year is that with the addition of tracking Facebook and Twitter we are able to provide some additional insight in a quick quarterly "one pager" we provide to the client that gives them data immediately after the end of the quarter while we do a deeper competitive dive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Vice President - Business Development
What do you like best?

Being able to monitor digital ad placement in the marketplace is of tremendous value to the clients we serve. And the personal responses I receive from Pathmatics when I am making a request helps build a positive relationship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. New to the platform, and enjoying the benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using it to convince some of my clients that they need to be more competitive in the digital ad space, and not just place all their monies with traditional media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The UX throughout the platform is very intuitive. The data visualizations are great as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue is not with the platform but with the account management. They are unresponsive and intermittent with communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Pathmatics as a means for digital spend and creative insight. It has been a game changer for my team in terms of time saved and insights provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are utilizing Pathmatics for competitive digital spend and creative insights for current clients as well as new business. What was discovered after we licensed the product was the level of granularity we were able to see in the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use for this platform has made my pitches for clients much easier. By seeing all of the current ads running across platforms also allows our teams to model or use what's running to pitch like to like campaigns. I really appreciate the blend of video/static options and performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only change I have at the moment is purely selfish as I wish we could get the images without the "Ad" buttons but this is so minor it's negligible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This has helped my team when working with an agency that may not have all of the assets running for clients. By showcasing these, the pitch for the same assets is easier to complete as the client may not have been aware they had them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Strategist
What do you like best?

How easy the platform is to use & navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't see other social partners except FB Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using Pathmatics for competitive spend analyses and have realized the benefit of how easy the platform is to navigate and get your information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use Pathmatics as a research tool. I'm happy with the ability to understand where brands are running and what type of media they're running. This helps me to research and qualify brands before prospecting & meeting so that. I'm also able to see on what type of platforms brands are running, where they're running (ie; video, social, display, top websites, direct buys or programmatic, etc.) which is helpful in my research prior to outreach.

If a specific brand is unavailable, you're able to request a new entity and the support team typically adds that new brand within two weeks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, though the option to see news about brands that I follow would definitely be a plus! I thought this was an option but can't seem to find it, so it's possible I'm missing something. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice to others interested in Pathmatics would be to set up a call with their team. They are very helpful and knowledgable about the product and can help you find what you need + figure out if it is a good fit with what you're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pathmatics is beneficial in helping me research what type of media and messaging brands are running. I'm also able to look up competitor brands to share insight with my clients.

I also enjoy the option to see spend by and filter creatives by platform (ie; desktop, mobile, video, display & social). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AO
What do you like best?

This platform is great for learning about all things digital. Know what your competitors are doing via creative and platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing- its a very straight forward platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This platform is very simple. If you want to know the digital landscape via partner, spend and creative- you should use this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Major benefits are thinking of new partners to use based on what we see competitors are doing. It is also good to look at creative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate, Integrated Media Planning
What do you like best?

I like the quick and straightforward infographics that are provided with each data pull - I often implement the spend/impressions over time charts directly into tactical decks for my client. I also track quite a few brands, so it's helpful to be able to 'follow' those advertisers and see impression spikes right away on my homepage.\

Another small thing I wanted to call out is that I love how it's easy to switch between advertisers and the date range stays the same- that was a nice little piece of UX because I'm often pulling for a bunch of different advertisers among the same date range so that saves me time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes looking at the pieces of creative, it isn't easy to identify which landed where and when, especially when the same image shows up a bunch of times over within the advertisers profile.

A month or two ago I was trying to get a read out on promotion behind a few specific Facebook posts that I knew were live based on Facebook Ad Library, however it took about three weeks for them to show up. I understand this is due to the Panel data collection, and likely low spend behind the posts - but if Pathmatics were to be improved, larger panel sizes might be helpful! I've often noticed that when a piece of Facebook creative does show up, the date on the screenshot is from a few weeks prior, which makes me wonder if the data isn't being pulled in that fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd reccomemend pairing with other competitive analysis tools such as Nielsen Ad-Intel to get a full readout on media spend across non-digital channels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding out where our clients competitors are spending and when, and what their creative looks like. Using pathmatics digital reporting is the fastest we get data compared to other tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think the dashboard is really great, perhaps one of the best I've seen among several competitive tools. The data seems robust as well and appears to capture a good amount of impressions and spend. Site delivery details are also impressive and provide a good window into understanding the top sites that my competitors are advertising on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Social channels are limited to only Facebook and Twitter which is unfortunate. There also needs to be an easier way to sort through creatives as there can be thousands depending on the time period. Finally, the product selection under the advertisers is very limited and makes it difficult to isolate particular products under an advertiser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While the tool isn't a solve for everything, it provides a great picture of competitive activity from a spend and creative perspective. The tool is also easy to deploy and train new users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are mainly using the tool for competitive spend requests, particularly for social media. The platform provides an efficient way to gather data as the selections are intuitive to find and reports easy to export. We also use the tool to track display and video media activity for our competitors, and the tool gives good insight into which formats our competitors are using and which websites they are running on. The tool has also been helpful in letting us understand the creative that our competitors are running so that we may use these learnings to inform the development of our own creative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use platform that is intuitive, clean and full of functionality Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to export multiple advertisers with creative Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to deliver more thoughtful proposals and insights as result of the data we are able to extract from the tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use Pathmatics for it's specialization in digital competitive data - including spend and creative. The tool is super easy to use and the UI is aesthetically pleasing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's social data does not include all social media (mainly just Facebook). Also, Pathmatics cannot breakout metrics at a local level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Pathmatics to gather data on competitive spending and activity (including creative!) and develop actionable insights. I find Pathmatics' digital data to be much more substantial than other competitive tools (namely Kantar Stradegy and Nielsen AdIntel) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IM
What do you like best?

It provides in-depth insights to efficiently track digital ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Snapchat and TikTok should be tracked in social. The Expenditure data is also very low in comparison to actuals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Competitive Analysis and Digital Solutions. I enjoy the ability to pull reports and slice them on excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Provides competitive spend data for social which was previously a white space marketers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No complaints about the tool. I hope to see them add SVOD tracking in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

-Tracking Digital Competitive Spend

-Analyzing competitive creatives

-Piecing together overall competitive digital strategy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Seeing data at the creative level to better understand what the competition is doing. Links to social posts is very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When we compare client campaign spend in Pathmatics versus what our plans, what we know we spent, the numbers sometimes are not close. We're not expecting it to be exact understanding the methodology, but the difference sometimes makes the client questions the validity of competitor spend being reported. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gathering insights on the competition to help the client strategize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Pathmatics provides you with great insight into where competitors are spending, what their creative looks like, and when competitors adjust their spend levels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't include all digital channels. Pathmatics is missing data for Paid Search and OTT at the time of this review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are focusing on when our competitors make spend adjustments and in what locations allowing us to see how it has impacted our advertising. It also helps us see if we should test new locations for advertising Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Very easy to use and very easy to access high level trends and analysis from the dashboards. Pathmatics updates frequently, which allows us the ability to see new competitive creatives almost in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to expand some of the visuals and dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pathmatics is great for high level social or digital data and allows you to keep track of key competitors, but is not great for diving deep into specific products, creatives, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Pathmatics to keep track of key competitive ad spend on Facebook and Twitter by setting up ad alerts and monitoring impression spikes. We also keep track of specific creatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EM
What do you like best?

Easy to use, fast, actionable, insightful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some notable gaps - CTV & App...but more coming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just great people with a cutting-edge platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtime competitive intelligence that has enabled our firm and our clients to understand the chess game that is digital marketing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner, Research
What do you like best?

The methodology which lets us look into social networks as well as standard display is especially valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are two pain points for me - one is the lack of search data, the other is the low level of product detail. Granted I can get to the specific creative execution, but I don't really want to look at every one of them to determine the specific product being advertised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In a difficult area of measurement, this is the best thing going. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're getting a much broader picture of the competition and their actual ad activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that Pathmatics shows me transparency into where advertisers are spending media dollars; I'm able to see what formats they're spending on and through what publishers / programmatic platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all advertisers are not shown, however, Pathmatics has been quick to add these advertisers when requested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pathmatics allows me to see which clients are a good prospect based on media spend, what they're spending on (ie; video, display, social, desktop vs. mobile) and where they're spending their media dollars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I love how fast the data is refreshed as well as the reps over at Pathmatics. They’re super easy to work with and provide meaningful insights. I also like the UX of the site; it’s super easy to use and includes intuitive graphs. The data that Pathmatics provides is great for directional conversations and usually their estimates are only about 20-30% off from the actual revenue metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish Pathmatics had is paid search information. Other than that, zero complaints. I think Pathmatics has a great UX, too. The tool is easy to use thus far and adjusts to market changes very well (like their COVID-19 dashboard). One other improvement could include capturing more ad types, especially for retargeted display ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m solving for proving theres certain spending thresholds clients need to meet, in able to compete with similar brands. I’m also leveraging Pathmatics to help with creative messaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Visibility on spending across all ad formats and date filters.

I love how easily I am able to see all the ads formats running for a specific BOB Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Noting so far that I have observed.

But I would say it can improve upon delivering more insights Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me with incremental pitches and I get most updated creatives running on a specific BoB Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.