ISL Light

4.9

Remotely access and manage devices to provide on-demand IT support. View the screen and control a remote computer or mobile device.

Work for ISL Light?

Learning about ISL Light?

ISL Light Reviews

Ask ISL Light a Question
Showing 14 ISL Light reviews
ISL Light review by Eric T.
Eric T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

ISL Light has been my preferred go-to remote support solution for many years. It is easy to use. Customized client executable can be configured to go right into the remote desktop without requiring the end user to click on anything beyond running the executable, which is nice.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the user interface is counterintuitive. Closing the main remote desktop window does not close out the session, as the chat window is the main window. This can result in draining out per-minute coupons if the chat window is minimized and one does not remember to close it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use pay per use coupons, be extremely careful to close out the chat window when the UI window is closed, because it can create the impression like the session was ended but the chat window can continue to count up the minutes until exhausted.

This product is used by my company to support I.T. support clients, to take remote control and perform tasks.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ISL Light
ISL Light review by Stef M.
Stef M.

"Great product and great support (lot's of extras)"

What do you like best?

Most important of course is that ISL Light delivers the goods when it's about remote support. I've looked at multiple other products (after deciding to leave Teamviewer) to find a solution that fits my requirements. One of them is remote support to individual Windows users on a virtual Windows Server. ISL Always On basically is the only product that could do this easily. Also many other products have different products (or subscriptions) for attended and unattended support. With ISL you get ISL Light (attended) and ISL Always On (unattended) and all for a very good price.

What do you dislike?

You only get one concurrent session with each licence. This might be just not as flexible as you would like. You can however add an option to allow multi-sessions. You have to pay a little extra though.

It would be nice to have a list of users that previously asked for support so you don't need a sessioncode to get connected. Than again it might be more secure this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There a not that many realy good tools for remote support. More expensive ones aren't always better exquiped or suited for the job. There support via online chat is perfect and also available for many hours (+8) in the day.

Remote support to users on Windows platform. Users are working on different version of Windows (like: 7, 8, 10 and some server editions too).

What Remote Support solution do you use?

ISL Light review by Žiga K.
Žiga K.

"My experiance with ISL Online"

What do you like best?

Reliable and fast connections. Quite easy to use for both technician and end customer.

I also like sorting remote computers to folders.

Great technical support.

What do you dislike?

Mobile version is useless. The cursor is hard to control, it just slides away if you are too fast.

Sometimes it connects but doesn't show the picture. (might also be something with the remote computer)

Its not a dislike, more of a suggestion - two factor verification for the main app and also single computers. For some computers I would love to have higher security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you won't be sorry. It's a great tool for remote connections.

Technical support for various users with 1001 problem.

Server management.

I saved a lot of time and money for travelling expanses because I am able to efficiently work remotely.

ISL Light review by Janez V.
Janez V.

"Very useful. It saves me a lot of time."

What do you like best?

Most important. I am immediately available to my customers. I do not waste time with transportation and this is also cheaper for my customers.

When I am in the office and working on a PC, I use the ISL for Windows operating system. I use ISL on my Android operating system outside the office. Both of them work perfectly, even when I use the internet in roaming. Data usage is low.

ISL is by far the easiest for the user. I tried a few other systems, but I've always met the questions "how to proceed" and "what do we have to do", "where do you say that I find the right button" ...

In short. I'm satisfied with the ISL.

What do you dislike?

What do I not like? In fact, for what I am using ISL I do not have any comments and I do not know what to write in this section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to everyone involved in remote schooling.

My job is to help with learning with specific software for controlling in diets. In addition to learning, I help customers solve nutritional problems.

ISL Light review by Jernej P.
Jernej P.

"Superb remote support software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, secure and robust connections to remote computers. Also supports remote restarts and automatic reconnecting. Audit logs and session recording are a big plus.

What do you dislike?

In earlier versions of software I sometimes had issues with keyboard mapping, but that was resolved in later versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend it to anyone looking for a remote support software.

Saves me a ton on travel time and expenses. I can solve more than 90% of client's issues remotely.

ISL Light review by Aleš .
Aleš .

"ISLOnline helps me resolving technical issues on business clients' side"

What do you like best?

Most helpful is the ease of setting the session with a client. There are no technical/network issues while setting the sessions. Additionally, navigating someone to start the session without any prior knowledge of ISLOnline is simple.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the operating system might discourage the user to run the downloaded executable file before running the session. Anyhow, since the client is contacted via separate channel (phone or IM), this is not much of a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the on-prem deployment option. This is the most secure way of having such a solution on premise.

Resolving issues configuring client's systems (e.g. emailing system, problems with setting up development environment) or similar.

ISL Light review by Walter H.
Walter H.

"Makes support easier a lot"

What do you like best?

central management of the remote desktops, easy to install for customers, shared access with my colleagues due more channels

What do you dislike?

sometimes slow - may depend on the internet-traffic

Recommendations to others considering the product

take the time and the moeney to install ISL light at your customers workstations - you can give a faster response to their problems, without installing a remote desktop software at this point.

we offer remote support for our customers, which held a support contract

ISL Light review by Administrator

"ISL is simple, straightforward and it simply works."

What do you like best?

That it consumes low resources, it is a stable solution, that I can access my clients via web interface or with desktop app...

What do you dislike?

I do not see any downsides. I am just putting some random text here to fill the 40 characters minimum requirement. :)

Remote support. The main goal to be able to give support immediately.

ISL Light review by Administrator

"It Does what it says on the Tin"

What do you like best?

the fact it works on any platform and any device (so far)

What do you dislike?

Mobile app not displaying in alphabetic order

We have ISL installed on all our clients desktops, laptops and some mobile devices in order to help our clints with IT issues

ISL Light review by User

"A professional remote desktop solution"

What do you like best?

Its no-frills feature set, not hiding any "advanced" features behind a friendliness gate. Allowing RDP access is also a big plus.

What do you dislike?

More unified looks in the UI would be a plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very compelling alternative to other remote desktop solutions. Coinsider these before more known alternatives for its enterprise-grade feature set.

Secure access to my computer without the need for RDP, while still allowing a RDP fallback when necessary.

ISL Light review by Consultant

"Save time"

What do you like best?

Save time, when your clients need help with software or if they just have to send you files too large for email.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes software dosen't work on clinets computer, btu i'm not sure is that a problem with client computer, software or computer knowlege of clinet.

For some clients it is hard to explain how to connect.

Remote desktop help.

Benefits are that is not closed in HKOM network.

"My experince with ISL"

What do you like best?

I liked the most how easy it is to use the program.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the high price of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it.

User software related problems.

ISL Light review by Administrator

"Very Happy with Support and Product"

What do you like best?

Very competent Support. Quick and professional respond. Pricing of everything is fair.

What do you dislike?

Webgui is a little bit overfilled and complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maibe should redesign the Webgui for Administration

We do Remote Support with Support Companies and Supplier. Also we do customer support.

ISL Light review by User

"Great for customer support"

What do you like best?

Super easy to setup and use. Fast & reliable.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any problems with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

I couldn't run my business without a fast & reliable remote support ..

Learning about ISL Light?

* We monitor all ISL Light reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.