4.8

Remotely access and manage devices to provide on-demand IT support. View the screen and control a remote computer or mobile device.

Work for ISL Light?

Learning about ISL Light?

ISL Light Reviews

Ask ISL Light a Question
Showing 41 ISL Light reviews
Nigel S.

"Great product for Remote Support"

What do you like best?

The ability to transfer files to the remote computer whilst performing support is a great benefit and also the ability to group computers together and assign them to different support staff helps us to manage our support better. WE have also used ISL Light to support Mac computers, which is a great benefit.

What do you dislike?

The responsiveness of the service when a user initially connects their computer to the internet can be a concern, but once connected, the speed is fine. Nitpicking a little, we have not been able to easily add a new user to be able to access various computers except adding them by hand. But it doesn't take long to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the command line installation options to tailor the set up of the software to be consistent on every computer that you support. It will significantly enhance your ability to support remote computers. It also works well on Mac's.

We are able to provide Remote Support to our clients by being able to see their computer and help resolve problems without having to waste time travelling to their office and/or arranging diaries to find a suitably mutual convenient time.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ISL Light
Mark H.

"Excellent remote support software"

What do you like best?

I have utilised this product for around five years and have found it to be incredibly useful - both on a preinstalled (for existing clients) and 'ad-hoc' basis...

The feature set is very powerful and I believe the product compares well against anything similar on the market.

What do you dislike?

I have found nothing at all to dislike with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a well maintained, secure remote support package that can be deployed quickly to multiple platforms - then I believe ISL to be worth your consideration.

I support a handful of SME clients with a variety of MS Hyper-V and VMWare configurations - remote access to these networks is vital to allow me to support them with day to day issues as well as general monitoring to assist with preventative maintenance.

I also support a small group of private clients and find this product invaluable for this.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Mauricio A.

"Es la mas completa opción para dar soporte a mis clientes"

What do you like best?

Me encanta poder grabar las sesiones cuando por ejemplo cuando un proveedor se conecta a mis servidores y no puedo atenderlo todo el tiempo, luego puedo revisar la grabación para auditar el trabajo realizado, así mismo con mis clientes a los que les ofrezco las grabaciones de mis trabajos para que ellos constaten la eficiencia de mi servicio.

What do you dislike?

Me gustaría que el chat fuera flotante!, eso me permitiría atenderlo de forma muy sencilla y me ahorraría unos cuantos mili segundos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si quieres darle una imagen acertada a tu soporte remoto no hay mejor opción que ISL Online. Siempre cuentas con soporte rápido y adicionalmente escuchan tus recomendaciones.

Lo primero es que me ha permitido generar un impacto en mis clientes porque lo he personalizado con mis logos y mi propio ejecutable lo que da confianza a mis clientes. Lo segundo es que no importa a que dispositivo me vaya a conectar siempre tengo un muy buen performance lo que es indispensable para zonas donde la internet no es tan potente.

Eric T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

ISL Light has been my preferred go-to remote support solution for many years. It is easy to use. Customized client executable can be configured to go right into the remote desktop without requiring the end user to click on anything beyond running the executable, which is nice.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the user interface is counterintuitive. Closing the main remote desktop window does not close out the session, as the chat window is the main window. This can result in draining out per-minute coupons if the chat window is minimized and one does not remember to close it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use pay per use coupons, be extremely careful to close out the chat window when the UI window is closed, because it can create the impression like the session was ended but the chat window can continue to count up the minutes until exhausted.

This product is used by my company to support I.T. support clients, to take remote control and perform tasks.

Stef M.

"Great product and great support (lot's of extras)"

What do you like best?

Most important of course is that ISL Light delivers the goods when it's about remote support. I've looked at multiple other products (after deciding to leave Teamviewer) to find a solution that fits my requirements. One of them is remote support to individual Windows users on a virtual Windows Server. ISL Always On basically is the only product that could do this easily. Also many other products have different products (or subscriptions) for attended and unattended support. With ISL you get ISL Light (attended) and ISL Always On (unattended) and all for a very good price.

What do you dislike?

You only get one concurrent session with each licence. This might be just not as flexible as you would like. You can however add an option to allow multi-sessions. You have to pay a little extra though.

It would be nice to have a list of users that previously asked for support so you don't need a sessioncode to get connected. Than again it might be more secure this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There a not that many realy good tools for remote support. More expensive ones aren't always better exquiped or suited for the job. There support via online chat is perfect and also available for many hours (+8) in the day.

Remote support to users on Windows platform. Users are working on different version of Windows (like: 7, 8, 10 and some server editions too).

Gordon B.

"Very convenient way to work away from home office"

What do you like best?

The software programme is very easy to set up and use. In my experience, it is very reliable. As I run my own business, I need to be able to work effectively when I am away from home - especially on holiday. It is much easier to log into my computer at home, using ISL Online, rather than to have to take every conceivable file with me.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I have come across any negative issues. Once there was a brief power cut at home that meant the computer was switched off when I next logged in - however, that isn't something that ISL can rectify!

As above, it is time saving when I am away from home. Also, if a client asks me for something unexpectedly, I can be confident that I can source information quickly.

Sam E.

"Help to integrate ISLOnline into Webpage"

What do you like best?

ISL support staff helped in areas that were not their main expertise but they did a fantastic job of helping debug my non working attempt of page integration and then managed to get the whole thing working.

What do you dislike?

I tried to think of any area that could be improved upon, however, their response is fast and help, direct and personal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ISL Light is an amazing replacement to other remote software as at the price it comes at, it does everything other main players do but with the personal touch. They really do look after you when you need it and have a passion to help, even when its out of their comfort zone.

We are migrating from another remote solution due to ease of access and better pricing.

Žiga K.

"My experiance with ISL Online"

What do you like best?

Reliable and fast connections. Quite easy to use for both technician and end customer.

I also like sorting remote computers to folders.

Great technical support.

What do you dislike?

Mobile version is useless. The cursor is hard to control, it just slides away if you are too fast.

Sometimes it connects but doesn't show the picture. (might also be something with the remote computer)

Its not a dislike, more of a suggestion - two factor verification for the main app and also single computers. For some computers I would love to have higher security.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it and you won't be sorry. It's a great tool for remote connections.

Technical support for various users with 1001 problem.

Server management.

I saved a lot of time and money for travelling expanses because I am able to efficiently work remotely.

Janez V.

"Very useful. It saves me a lot of time."

What do you like best?

Most important. I am immediately available to my customers. I do not waste time with transportation and this is also cheaper for my customers.

When I am in the office and working on a PC, I use the ISL for Windows operating system. I use ISL on my Android operating system outside the office. Both of them work perfectly, even when I use the internet in roaming. Data usage is low.

ISL is by far the easiest for the user. I tried a few other systems, but I've always met the questions "how to proceed" and "what do we have to do", "where do you say that I find the right button" ...

In short. I'm satisfied with the ISL.

What do you dislike?

What do I not like? In fact, for what I am using ISL I do not have any comments and I do not know what to write in this section.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to everyone involved in remote schooling.

My job is to help with learning with specific software for controlling in diets. In addition to learning, I help customers solve nutritional problems.

Alejandro B.

"Muy buenas prestaciones y rendimiento para el soporte remoto"

What do you like best?

Gran capacidad para conectarse a través de ticket con número aleatorio en cada sesión evitando suspicacias para el cliente una vez finalizada la sesión y la gran estabilidad de la conexión. También que se puede reiniciar y reconectar automáticamente aunque no esté instalado el software desatendido. La capacidad de grabar las sesiones por seguridad.

What do you dislike?

La complicación de funcionamiento cuando se requiere asistencia de un cliente en su móvil, especialmente en iOS que además no puedes interactuar y hace falta que el cliente tengo otro teléfono para poder ir dando las instrucciones.

Todas las incidencias de los clientes que no necesitan desplazamiento por parte del técnico, por lo que somos más eficientes y rápidos a la hora de responder a una incidencia y resolverla. Así el cliente está más satisfecho.

David W.

"Indispensable"

What do you like best?

Easy to use customer end, system always available, never experienced downtime at provider end. Simple to install and even the least able customers manage to use it. It saves me time and saves my customers money as well as enhacing my reputation for first class customer service

What do you dislike?

No downside, it is value for money and never let me down

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I reviewed all the major competitors and came down in favour of ISL Light....no regrets

I am a sole trader, servicing and repairing PCs for the general public and small businesses. It is often the case, that despite a one to one handover, the customer gets the PC home and has further questions. It is invaluable to be able to log in remotely and talk them through their issues.

Amarjeet S.

"Effective and efficient remote desktop solution"

What do you like best?

Relatively simple and works great. Ability to pay per use has been helpful as it suits us for our ad-hoc requirements.

What do you dislike?

Lack of low usage regular subscription with perhaps minutes that rollover for a few months before expiring. It is not ideal when you run out of minutes and have to reconnect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with a free trial and you won't look back!

I have used it for information requests and solving minor IT issues as clients like the fact we are there with them remotely.

Margaret F.

"Easy remote access"

What do you like best?

ISL is easy to use for both me giving the support and my clients receiving support. It never fails and doesn't get in the way of the business we are about! I couldn't provide the services I do to remote clients without a system like this and ISL does exactly what we need.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like about ISL, the customer support is very friendly - although I haven't needed it much. There may be more I could use ISL for but I haven't needed anything more up to now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy to use - you don't need any special IT skills and it doesn't get in the way.

Remote demonstrations, software installation, customer support and application updates.

"Simple to use and reliable product"

What do you like best?

It is a great product. Reliability is important for us. We have everything we need to do efficient support with the Cloud version. Quick connection to remote desktop, file transfer, setup administrator rights, etc.

What do you dislike?

Establishing first connection to unknown remote desktop very much depends on the customer computer skills. Sometimes it is quite difficult to explain to the customer how to run downloaded file in the different browsers. But anyway, there is a solution to establish easier connection for the next time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. It is worth its price.

We are using it for remote installations, support and trainings. It is cost effective, because we save time and travel costs.

Igor P.

"User friendly product"

What do you like best?

Trial period for testing purposes, very good online support. Support team resolves every issue. Ease of use for the edministrator. Remote installation is fast. Android app for remote support.

What do you dislike?

File transfer could be easier - copy paste to desktop

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Software meets all requirements for remote support. If you are using other remote software, you should try ISL Light. There is a trial period in which you can test everything.

Support for our retail stores.

Jernej P.

"Superb remote support software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, secure and robust connections to remote computers. Also supports remote restarts and automatic reconnecting. Audit logs and session recording are a big plus.

What do you dislike?

In earlier versions of software I sometimes had issues with keyboard mapping, but that was resolved in later versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would recommend it to anyone looking for a remote support software.

Saves me a ton on travel time and expenses. I can solve more than 90% of client's issues remotely.

Aleš .

"ISLOnline helps me resolving technical issues on business clients' side"

What do you like best?

Most helpful is the ease of setting the session with a client. There are no technical/network issues while setting the sessions. Additionally, navigating someone to start the session without any prior knowledge of ISLOnline is simple.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the operating system might discourage the user to run the downloaded executable file before running the session. Anyhow, since the client is contacted via separate channel (phone or IM), this is not much of a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out the on-prem deployment option. This is the most secure way of having such a solution on premise.

Resolving issues configuring client's systems (e.g. emailing system, problems with setting up development environment) or similar.

Walter H.

"Makes support easier a lot"

What do you like best?

central management of the remote desktops, easy to install for customers, shared access with my colleagues due more channels

What do you dislike?

sometimes slow - may depend on the internet-traffic

Recommendations to others considering the product:

take the time and the moeney to install ISL light at your customers workstations - you can give a faster response to their problems, without installing a remote desktop software at this point.

we offer remote support for our customers, which held a support contract

Philip K.

"Reliable Robust and Totally Secure remote support tool"

What do you like best?

when i tried different tools i found that that ISL was the best combination of remote support and management tools for my clients. Very easy to do adhoc and continual maintenance on

What do you dislike?

for what i need - none. If I wanted the bells and whistles I would have paid much more for logmein.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

consider-evaluate and then go for it. Get the extra license so you can run multiple sessions. No brainer

The management and support of lots of individual users with their one or two machines has been made possible. Couldn't possibly, sustainably and profitably do it with ISL software

Richard P.

"Fast remote support"

What do you like best?

Super quick and super easy to get connected to customers

What do you dislike?

Rebranding process is complicated - we have not gone through the effort to do this!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very secure, very fast. Great when working with a large number of different clients working within different organizations.

IT support to mainly ad-hoc customers. Being able to use over different platforms is amazing!

Gary P.

"Reliable solid tool for remote desktop support"

What do you like best?

ISL is far easier than other software for users to log into, a simple session code and you are logged on. We have a support desk of 2 staff and they both love the simplicity when transferring files to & from users

What do you dislike?

We dont have a dislike, we use the remote desktop and the live chat feature and we are very happy with it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it and buy it, its great. Its really made our support team feel happier with the tools they work with

We provide software support for medical practice management software

Martin H.

"Easy to use remote access"

What do you like best?

I particularly like the ad-hoc support, being able to direct a customer to a website and say “type in this code then download and run” makes its very easy for even the most technophobic customers...

What do you dislike?

The software client occasionally logs you out, when it’s left idle. But you just click ok and login again

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re looking for an easy to use remote access system that doesn’t charge every time they release an update then this is definitely one to consider

Unattended remote access from anywhere (even from an iPhone)

"Excellent remote support tool"

What do you like best?

Support for mobile devices like iPhone, Android phones, and to be able to see live screen for device you are supporting.

What do you dislike?

Copy/paste not working very well when multiple sessions are made from the same device.

Its a great tool for remote support, easy to setup. It enables us to get fast to customers on remote locations, to solve their problems. In some cases we use the app also as remote desktop.

Andrej L.

"Good product"

What do you like best?

We can have our own server. It's good that is running od Linux server.

What do you dislike?

Missing ISL AlwaysOn for Android. We need this because of time registration devices.

Customer support, very reliable product.

Gregor G.

"ISL review - Netko d.o.o"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, we are using it for 6 years now.We compared it to teamviewer but we choose ISL.

What do you dislike?

Practically nothing, works behind firewalls, and end user can easily set it up, so we can provide remote technical suport

Recommendations to others considering the product:

test it and you will be satisfied especially with support offered

We are solving remote technical issues, also we do a lot of remote training and manteinance, especially with isl always on.

Learn more about ISL Light

ISL Light Videos

Learning about ISL Light?

* We monitor all ISL Light reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.8