HireRight

4.0

HireRight is a leading provider of on-demand employment background checks, drug testing, Form I-9 and employment and education verifications.

Work for HireRight?

Learning about HireRight?

HireRight Reviews

Ask HireRight a Question
Showing 71 HireRight reviews
HireRight review by Ethan B.
Ethan B.

"Hireright background screening"

What do you like best?

Once the information is received it is typically easy to read, review and understand.

What do you dislike?

Data takes a while to get back, background checks sometimes miss things, There are too many boxes to check as opposed to a "save my preferences" check when running reports. Also, they get really picky about having the exact right name (hard to do on folks with several names) instead of just giving things to you from the SSN primarily. This makes running those reports frustrating and I have to do it several times until I guess exactly how they have the name in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A pretty typical background check software. I would look at other options first.

I recruit truck drivers, this software quickly gets the License information back to me which lets me move forward in the hiring process.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about HireRight
HireRight review by Administrator in Paper & Forest Products
Administrator in Paper & Forest Products

"Does the job, customer service is sub par"

What do you like best?

We use HireRight for employee screening and drug testing. I like that it is easy to use, signing up an employee is easy, all you need is the name and email address, choose the service and send it off. It works well for American based employees who have never lived or studied anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service leaves much to be desired. It is very frustrating trying to contact them, chat especially, and when you finally do it is like pulling teeth. It takes forever to get a straight answer. The most frustrating part is if you are transferred to a new person for help you have to explain everything all over again. If an employee has an international background their service can be a bit slow, based on the difficulty of getting the information, but what I find frustrating is when they ask an employee fot documentation I have to chase hireright to review the documents they send, they can sit there for days without review and really delay the process.

It takes one step of bringing in a new employee of our plates and ensures it is done to legal standards.

What Background Check solution do you use?

HireRight review by Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.

"Consider Other Background Check Vendors"

What do you like best?

From a new hire and user experience perspective, the HireRight tool is very easy to use. I have experience both the on the new hire side and the customer/user side in HR. It is easy to use and understand as a new hire and user platform is easy and putting in orders is easy.

What do you dislike?

I must say there is more I dislike about HireRight than I like. We have had issues with them contacting references repeatedly and at odd hours. Their customer service leaves room to be desired with post account reps and customer support. We often have to wait days for a response to urgent issues. It was unable to integrate successfully with our ATS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest considering other background check companies. We plan to switch when we have time to do an RFP to make a switch.

New hires rarely run into issues with using the tool to input their information for background checks. They solve our business need of having to run background checks in a timely fashion.

HireRight review by Vicki S.
Vicki S.

"Have used multiple background screening vendors"

What do you like best?

We have been using HireRight for about a year and everything seems to be going smoothly more or less. We are having a much better experience, customer service, and quicker turn around time compared to our last vendor, which is why we switched in the first place.

What do you dislike?

I think there’s a balance between getting the check done quickly and getting it done thoroughly. Sometimes I wish a stronger attempt was made at confirming information, instead of just writing it off as completed without actually confirming some of the provided by a candidate.

We are having a much better experience, customer service, and quicker turn around time compared to our last vendor, which is why we switched in the first place. Have not had nearly as many issues so we are spending less time managing the vendor which is great.

HireRight review by User

"HireRight"

What do you like best?

You get you own consultant

You are kept up to date on request.

Paperless screenings - The ability to send an email invitation to a candidate so they can complete and submit their own background investigation information was a game changer.

I have also had reference requested from me from HireRight and they are very persistant which is reassuring know that they are doing to same with my candidates.

What do you dislike?

Often to get something resolved you need to escalate it to management and the helpdesk isnt always helpful and do make excuses. It feels as though they need more training and looking at Glassdoor they do have a high turnover of staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not want to spend too much time on background checks and references - they are a good solutions

It allows us to do reference at a low cost with out our own additional resources.

HireRight review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"User-friendly Product"

What do you like best?

HireRight is extremely easy to use. I used it several times when I was completing background checks on new hires. It was very easy to navigate through and you also would get the results of the background check back very quick.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything I extremely disliked about it. The only thing that I can think of was you have a lot of options of different background checks that you can do and sometimes it's very confusing which one to select. I would say it'd be helpful if there was more narrowed down descriptions of the types of background checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use! If you're looking to speed up the background check process, this is something that I would recommend for your company.

It provided a quick, effective way to run background checks.

HireRight review by Jess P.
Jess P.

"HireRight - background and MVR Checks made (mostly) simple"

What do you like best?

I like that I can batch upload to the program to blast out invites for personal info rather than initiating one by one. I like the automation

What do you dislike?

The reporting leaves much to be desired. For instance there is no email address on reporting - it makes reconciliation in the instance that you are doing batches a bear.

Being able to manage risk compliance with regards to various parts of the business through automated email blasts and an auto schedule is great. Definitely a time saver and makes us feel more protected risk wise.

HireRight review by Liz N.
Liz N.

"Great screening vendor!"

What do you like best?

I love that HireRight is integrated with our Taleo ATS. It makes requesting and accessing reports very easy.

No extra logins to remember. The turnaround time from HireRight has been great overall. Reports come back fairly quickly. And the few times that I've had an issue, I've been able to contact them and they were always able to resolve my issues quickly.

What do you dislike?

There's not really anything that I don't like about HireRight so far. Everything meets our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great vendor. Customer service has been great so far also.

No big business problems.

HireRight review by Phil P.
Phil P.

"The most easy background check experience I've had so far"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and how the vendor walks you through in detail for each and every step. I also like how swiftly the results came and exceeded my expectations for how long I'd have to wait.

What do you dislike?

Everything about a background check that most people would dislike (digging up and adding in information you may not remember), which is really nothing that the vendor can really do about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want timely background check results with a reliable vendor, I would highly recommend HireRight!

HireRight is a great solution to streamline and automate the Background Check process. Our company is hiring about 10000+ employees this year, and it is very important to have a system that is reliable for us to scale our growth.

HireRight review by Tiffany F.
Tiffany F.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

DAC is great. Always a go to reference - very helpful! Also like the ease of access to chat with customer service and the assistance they provide.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time it takes for some reports to return. And it may hit in a county where nothing comes back. I've had to wait weeks for some WideScreen searches to be completed. Even after asking it to be expedited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to contact support. They definitely do what they can to get orders straight and answer any questions you may have.

As mentioned for what I like best - the DAC. It is a great tool. Some candidates may forget an employer (on purpose or accident) and when the report comes back showing an employer and they had incidences with that employer, it's good to know those things and to then present to the candidate and ask questions in regards to those things.

HireRight review by Rob G.
Rob G.

"Good product, but some concerns."

What do you like best?

The background check dashboard is easy to use and follow, not too cumbersome or busy where it takes you several minutes to find what you need or what you want to do.

What do you dislike?

HireRight is actively involved with legal proceedings about selling information and having it be used in an inaccurate way, this is concerning. I cannot speak to this in great detail, but just heard of it from legal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HireRight can be a useful tool, but their turnaround time can be lengthy. Also, with their ongoing and current legal issues, not sure where they are headed or how their reputation is or will hold up.

Pre-employment background checks and periodic background checks as needed depending on the role. Criminal, education, and SSN verification.

HireRight review by User in Internet

"Quick and Easy Experience"

What do you like best?

I was able to get my forms in without going through the printing and scanning process. They outlined which documents I would need to have and made filling them out seamless and quicker than writing out. The review process has needed streamlining for a long time and making whatever documents possible to be completed online makes it easier for users to both keep track and complete new hire documentation.

What do you dislike?

I have not received frequent updates on my applications review. It would be great to have an update every day or so to get a better idea of how the progress of my Hiring review is going. It would also be very useful if we were able to complete the entire new hire process using online documentation, instead of the split that is currently being used. However, any documents that are available online certainly help the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are aware which external documents will also be necessary prior to submitting all forms. This way you will more seamlessly be able to pass through the process.

Being able to keep certain digital documents in one place while making it easy to complete them. The process of filling out the extreme number of documents in the new hire process can sometimes be tedious and confusing. Any documents filled out and sent using the HireRight system greatly simplifies this process and helps keep you organized and on track to complete all of the necessary new hire documentation.

HireRight review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy and quick e-verify system!"

What do you like best?

One click brings me to the dashboard where all the information I need is listed. And I can send a preliminary I-9 to folks who are set to start so they can start their I-9 before their first day on the job.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the customer service takes 24 hours. This can hold up an I-9 being completed in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are searching for merely e-verify, HireRight has met all our needs, including notifications via email to update soon-to-be expiring forms of identification.

It is AZ law to use e-verify, but even if it wasn't, this would be an easy, inexpensive way to keep paperless I-9s.

HireRight review by Katie K.
Katie K.

"Meets our needs for employment background screening"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to create background check packages, based on our needs. The emails that HireRight sends to me, as the Administrator are helpful to stay current on timelines of various screenings.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a relationship with our account representative. It would be beneficial if there were regular meetings scheduled to discuss updates and concerns

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to email me: kellyk@arcadia.edu if you wish to ask additional questions

HireRight is our primary background check vendor. We use the service for criminal screenings as well as financial credit checks, motor vehicle check, 9-panel drug screening (electronic chain of custody), PA state police and child abuse registry.

HireRight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful, intelligent, and straightforward"

What do you like best?

I have used HireRight for I9 verification and I find it to be quick and painless. It integrates well with our ATS and is a good tool. I appreciate the layout and user interface the best.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are glitches and slowdowns in processing that can become frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Obviously, when you're considering this kind of software, you need to truly do your homework. There are many companies out there who provide the same kind of services, but in a different format with different features - but ultimately the same product. You're going to want to become familiar with your own company's needs and then compare with what HireRight provides.

Dealing with I9s, an essential onboarding requirement, is what HireRight does really well. I can send a link to a candidate for Section 1, and then complete Section 2 on their first day quite easily. Even if there is a tentative non-confirmation, the instructions for that situation are spot on and resolve most issues.

HireRight review by Tony L.
Tony L.

"Great interface and great foundation"

What do you like best?

Really love their easy to use interface, ability to have candidate own the entire application process (where before they filled out a piece of paper and we translated it ourselves) and the idea of online adjudication if anything out of the ordinary pops up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they can be a little too sensitive (but that's good really for a background check company) on what we need to sign off on and approve in order to complete a background. I get more emails than I have in any other place before because of the amount of adjudication notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good resource. Quality, stable and a "can't go wrong" solution. They don't blow me out of the water (as in there's nothing exceptional) but at the same time they meet every need I have in this space so happy to use them and recommend them. Implementation was a little slow - lots of paperwork and forms to sign plus you get put in a queue to get setup. So don't be expected to be turned on overnight.

Our last background screening service were not professional, poor customer service and seemed to make up a lot of the compliance laws (when they're fairly black and white from county to county, state, federal, etc.). We needed someone experience in the market place, professional and automated services homebuilt and reputable large clients using their service. With the option of a possible future integration. Found it here.

HireRight review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"HireRight...is it the RIGHT choice for you?"

What do you like best?

HireRight has one of the largest, most comprehensive databases and the product is simple to use and the website is convenient. HireRight does a complete, thorough check on people.

What do you dislike?

However it does tend to take long to hear back and they will only verify what jobs are listed - and it must match the application submitted and being reviewed. Also, while HireRight will check every job listed on the background check, they will only verify dates worked on positions posted. So, if the candidate does not post a job and date range for the job from which he was fired, HireRight will not include it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give HIreRight more time to strengthen certain weaknesses in their service and ask the right questions and do the due diligence before committing to using the service.

Everything online was very easy to use.

HireRight review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Used for Background Checks - great turn around time"

What do you like best?

This is very simple to use, and the turn around time is great!

What do you dislike?

I think a more focused dashboard on the initial page after login would be helpful. We don't use this super often so navigation takes me a minute or two to remember.

We use this for background checks for new hires - we get great detailed information from HireRight in a very reasonable amount of time. I only had one background check take an unusual amount of time, but that was due to some issues with the individual. I'm glad they took their time and did a good job for the check.

HireRight review by Traci C.
Traci C.

"Great Service and Technology!!"

What do you like best?

HireRight has excellent technology that improves the candidate experience as well as the client. They always keep everyone involved with great communication. The background checks are processed accurately and in a very timely manner. I have been a satisfied client for years!

What do you dislike?

I can't really say that I dislike anything about HireRight - the only recommendation that I would have would be to be more efficient with employment verification's. They can sometimes take a bit longer due to outdated contact information on the employer database they use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be let down. Any issues and/or concerns that you may have will be quickly addressed by your account manager or the escalation team.

Hiring more qualified candidates and keeping our work environments safe!

HireRight review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Hire Right has come a long way"

What do you like best?

I like the fact you an have several accounts under your main account. It helps with our diverse workforce. We are also able to have separate accounts for our regions in different countries.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning we had issues with background checks pending for longs periods of time when the BGC did not need to be pending. After 2 lengthy meeting with Senior Account Managers the issue was resolved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service as the call center level is not as the same level as the employer support level. Which leaves our candidates confused. We had a lot of issues around around our education requirements in the beginning. It took months and lots of calls to get things sorted out. We used Hireright for I9s, Background Checks, and our Drug test program.

We used the I9 and Background checks

HireRight review by Gregg F.
Gregg F.

"Solid Background Check Service"

What do you like best?

Integrates seamlessly with our ATS. Strong level of communication on timetables for completed reports. Keeps us up to date on changes in law/policy that affect our company.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to share that isn't up to par with this service.

We are a security company and must run comprehensive checks on all potential employees and HireRight helps us to do just that.

HireRight review by Alexa M.
Alexa M.

"HIreRight.com"

What do you like best?

The paperless process for many screenings is great! This allows us to screen candidates with ease and is less work for the hiring managers. Knowing that HireRight will contact the candidate directly saves us time and allows the process to continue efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Front end customer support is severely lacking. Many simple support requests can take days to be resolved. Often times I need to contact support several times for the same issues until I can fin someone who will resolve the issue.

Using pre-employment screenings has helped us ensure all potential new hires are within our company policies. This is especially important when hiring employees who will be operating commercial motor vehicles.

HireRight review by Dave Z.
Dave Z.

"HireRight to the Rescue!"

What do you like best?

The ease of using the web based platform. It is intuitive and allows a person to set up recurring requests as a favorite. There isn't much not to like. I am able to dig as deep into a potential hire's background to verify what they have placed on their application. This will help in the process of whether or not this person gets an interview or not.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found much to dislike on the site. The only problem I've had is when I first signed onto the site years ago and didn't know how to navigate. But I figured that out soon after.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You better look at how easy and complete the system is. Not too many other companies will offer anything else like this.

We are going back looking at potential employee's work, criminal and driving histories. The HireRight solutions have allowed us to get better information on these people. Being able to one stop shop as it were, allows us as a company to accomplish many tasks from one venue. That saves me and the company time along with money.

HireRight review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"A Must for HR Professionals"

What do you like best?

The program is very user friendly, with tutorials just a click away , as well as industry updates, free webinars, and live help. Reports come back extremely fast so I can process lots of applications.

What do you dislike?

Hard to think of anything I dislike. I would say a way to upload our specific releases to fwd to applicants would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out & make sure you read about all the features through HireRight University!

It will be easy to train someone as a backupuser for when I am out with all the tutorials, and recorded webinars. I learn something new I can do with HireRight all the time.

HireRight review by William D.
William D.

"5+ Years using the product and the serice "

What do you like best?

HireRight has invested a great deal of time and money to develop and deliver the best platform available for managing the pre-hire screening process. Over the past 5 years I have continued to see on-going improvements to both the technology and the process side to support the need for the globalization. The latest addition of the applicant portal and advanced business analytics continue to help us improve our program.

What do you dislike?

The visual reporting dashboard could be more dynamic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do references with current companies in your industry of a similar size and footprint.

We have been able to leverage the platform, service and thought partnership to greatly reduce turnaround time, increase satisfaction with the screening process with candidates, talent acquisition and other stakeholders.

We have been able to realize cost savings, increased competitive hiring practice capability and reducing risk.

HireRight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Information was provided that was not true"

What do you like best?

It was easy to use and the results were quick.

What do you dislike?

Infractions appeared that were not true for the individual. False addresses. Information not accurate.

Cost is reasonable for basic, but to go to 10 year criminal charges don't always appear. Hire right rescanned the information, and only produced the same results which were not accurate. They were pleasent to speak with on the phone, however the wait time was long. We are using the service to confirm employees honesty on application.

HireRight review by Caitlin C.
Caitlin C.

"HireRight is Great!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. Also the turn around time is usually pretty quick!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more reporting options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HireRight has been wonderful for our company- they can do international checks, they keep up with documentation on where a check is at while pending, easy to get in touch with customer service, and turn around time is usually pretty fast!

Turn around time is faster so we can hire people quicker. I can run reports and check the status of checks easily.

HireRight review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Very easy to use, I would recommend"

What do you like best?

They do all the work! No more having to obtain authorization paperwork from the candidate first. The live chat feature is also easy to use, but sometimes can take forever to get someone on the chat.

What do you dislike?

The language barrier when being called for a VOE can be hard to understand. Sometimes it takes a long time, more than 10 minutes, for someone to help on live chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The implementation team is wonderful, they follow up and keep things moving along. HireRight also allows for billing by location which was something very important in our decision making.

Use it for background checks. We have not used it for reference checks.

HireRight review by Teri P.
Teri P.

"HireRight made it easy"

What do you like best?

That employees are emailed directions to complete the forms and I can track all of the process without having to chase down paperwork.

What do you dislike?

Length of time information is available for - sometimes you would like to look back at something over 90 days to see when transactions occurred, ie who completed what step when.

We were able to combine drug screening and background checks under one carrier and save money.

HireRight review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"A company that cares about its customers"

What do you like best?

I am very likely to recommend higher right, I have noticed that any time that I have a question or concern hireright is immediately willing to jump on top of it whether by phone or by email and solve any problem that I may have right away! Even when I had questions about how one of their services worked I received a phone call where the employee at higher rate was willing to spend thirty minutes on the phone with me to ensure that our potential employees received everything that we felt was important for them to receive in regards to one of the services that hire right provides. I greatly appreciate people going above and beyond and hireright does this daily!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I just wish that it was a little bit faster to run reports other than that I am thoroughly pleased.

We are able to ensure that we are getting the right caliber of employee without the concern of having to spend hours figuring out how to run all of these reports on around. We save both time and energy for employees and we also gain peace of mind!

HireRight review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Fairly Decent"

What do you like best?

The client portal is very user friendly. There are tabs for candidates who are "in progress", "pending adjudication", "not started", and "completed". You can sort through each tab by last name, first name, or date that the report was submitted.

What do you dislike?

Calling to check on backgrounds that were supposed to be expedited only to find that no reps had "touched" them. This has happened on multiple occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you get the name of the rep who you speak with each time so that you can reference any quoted estimated time of completion dates if you end up talking to a supervisor or a different rep.

The business need is to ensure that we aren't hiring people whose backgrounds don't meet our minimum standards. The benefit is that we don't have to have a background team in house.

HireRight review by Madison M.
Madison M.

"HireRight is a great software for today’s business background check needs."

What do you like best?

HireRight is a great background check software for your businesses needs. It’s extremely easy to use and delivers fast results.

What do you dislike?

HireRight sometimes makes it hard for applicants to get their information to them such as employment history verification, educational history, etc. It is great on the employer side.

HireRight allows companies to get accurate, fast background checks performed on potential and current employees.

HireRight review by Jaime S.
Jaime S.

"HR Generalist"

What do you like best?

Very easy to add a request or even customize your "background check package". I like that it's all done through email.

What do you dislike?

If you are not the "super user", you will have a time limit on how long you have to access your background checks results. It's not an issue, it's just annoying.

It's a vital part to upholding our culture, hiring trusted individuals. Since it's easy to use through email, it can be done easily as part of the post offer on-boarding. You do not have to wait until the employees first day.

HireRight review by Administrator

"HireRight Background check"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with our applicant tracking software, the online I-9 feature that integrates with E-Verify as well as helps you manage the retention of the I-9 documents.

What do you dislike?

When there is an issue with a piece of the verification, sometimes HireRight reaches out to the candidate and confuses them or doesn't update the system in a timely manner with the information needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love the I-9 retention feature

Background checks and I-9 completion & retention. Our I-9s are filled out correctly and completely and we don't have to manually track the retention of the documents.

HireRight review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"HireRight Rocks! "

What do you like best?

I love that I can go on and verify I9s or upload I9s for employees.

What do you dislike?

I don’t realltmy dislike anything in connection to HireRight. It makes my job a little easier.

We are able to confirm new employees eligibility to work digitally. It’s quick and they can be everified right away.

HireRight review by Kenna S.
Kenna S.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

The best thing about HireRight is that you can customize your background check. You're not paying for extra services that you don't need.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything that I dislike yet!

We are able to feel safe in knowing that we are hiring good people for the job!

HireRight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"No Major Issues to Date"

What do you like best?

HireRight seems to be one of the most timely with completing BG checks. They are certain to keep you informed whenever there are delays with certain courts.

What do you dislike?

Some reports have come through clear and then later changed. I'd prefer it be left in the pending category vs. later changed.

Background checks for candidates we then need to have complete a government clearance process. Its saves us time and resources when we immediately can tell someone will have issues obtaining a certain clearance level.

HireRight review by Administrator

"Pretty good! "

What do you like best?

Very detailed, great customer service and helps candidates understand what they need

What do you dislike?

Does not integrate with all ATS and therefore is a manual process

More hands-on, therefore is a good tool to use with physicians and with candidates who are less tech savvy.

HireRight review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"My experience and overall use of the HireRight software."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Hire Right encompasses so many tasks that at one time we’re individual in nature.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have an immediate complaints or dislikes that come to mind. The system has been a big asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your program isn’t efficient and user friendly I’d suggest researching and trying Hire Right for your company needs.

Since using HireRight the system is more efficient in regards to time, and allows for information to be gained from potential employees faster.

HireRight review by Tassen M.
Tassen M.

"User friendly bgc program "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly , good customer service, good turn around time for results , able to customize to fit your needs

What do you dislike?

Not an easy software to integrate with existing programs

Compliance audits

HireRight review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Quick but Limited Interface"

What do you like best?

HireRight usually gets results back faster than some of the other background software that we use.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems to be a bit outdated and needs a facelift.

Background checks and education verifications. For certain counties, HireRight is exceptionally quick.

HireRight review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

How quickly the reports are generated and how easy to read they are.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few states that take longer than normal, which is inconvenient at times, but I don't think that is HireRight's doing.

HireRight has been helping us catch any discrepancies in employment with their DAC Report. I don't even know how many times this report has helped with our hiring of employees.

HireRight review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"HireRight is my go-to for background check systems!"

What do you like best?

Easy and efficient to use! As a consultant, I’ve recommended this to several clients after using for several years at other companies.

What do you dislike?

I don’t really have any negatives. This is actually my go-to recommendation for clients!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is, by far, the best background check software I've used. I always recommend it to my clients and colleagues.

Establishing a hiring process by selecting the best candidates and completing due diligence in preliminary hiring requirements.

HireRight review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Great Solution with great integration "

What do you like best?

HireRight integrated with our ATS. This was a great improvement to our previous background vendor - eliminating errors with manually entering candidates to initiate pre employment screes

What do you dislike?

To view reports we had to log in to HireRight. The reports did not feed back to the applicant tracking system

Pre-employment screens such as criminal background checks, education checks, and motor vehicle reports. HireRight definitely provided a faster result than our previous vendor

HireRight review by Allison P.
Allison P.

"Hireright, right choice"

What do you like best?

Hire right has great simplicity and an interface that is attractive

What do you dislike?

Sometimes crashes and has delays getting to users

No problems currently. Realized this a program suitable for almost any business

HireRight review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Easy to use background checks system"

What do you like best?

Integrated with company ATS system (at the time, it was Taleo), responsive customer service team.

What do you dislike?

Reports could sometimes take awhile (past what the county/state estimated to report)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine if it is compatible with your current ATS and review the product packages they offer in order to determine if they are the right reports for your business needs.

Making sure that selected candidates have satisfactory background checks based on company standards

HireRight review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"HireRight, making life easier"

What do you like best?

The ability to have the candidate complete the information electronically and for themselves, that it is integrated with our applicant tracking system, and they can conduct international screens.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service agents can be too aggressive at times in their attempts to verify information.

Moving from paper to electronic records, cost savings, and time spent have decreased.

HireRight review by Rosa C.
Rosa C.

"Hire Right background "

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use and quickly get a return on it

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about hire right

Background on our employees

HireRight review by Tiffany V.
Tiffany V.

"Simple & Convenient"

What do you like best?

Perfect for finding the perfect qualified candidates for the job.

What do you dislike?

Needs better filtering of unqualified candidates.

Finding potential employees that are a best fit for the company.

HireRight review by Administrator in Computer Software

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

Good support team with a quick turn around time compared to some other products in the market. .

What do you dislike?

Not alot of options for reporting.

Missing a notes section to put information in on background checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having HireRight helps the business by having everything in one place and easily accessible.

Background checks, its also used for drug screening and compliance testing

Learning about HireRight?

* We monitor all HireRight reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.