Grasshopper Reviews & Product Details

Grasshopper Overview

What is Grasshopper?

Sound more professional and stay connected with Grasshopper, the virtual phone system designed for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Grasshopper works just like a traditional phone system, but requires no hardware and our mobile and desktop apps allow you to communicate from wherever business happens - on your cell phone, in the office, or at home. Find the perfect number to build your business identity from our inventory of local, toll free, and vanity phone numbers.With a robust set of features, you will be able to provide extensions for each department or employee on your team, transcribe voicemails and send them via email. - local, toll free or vanity numbers - port in your existing phone number - unlimited business calls and texts - forward calls to any device - unlimited extensions and custom greetings - voicemail and transcription delivered to your email - mobile apps for Android and iOS - desktop apps for your Mac or Windows computer Starting at just $26 a month, Grasshopper is the obvious choice for any small business. Try Grasshopper with a free 7- day trial.

Grasshopper Details

Turn the World Into Your Office. Grasshopper lets you run your business using your cell phones.

Grasshopper serves small businesses who need business telephone and unified communications solutions. Need a second business line and don’t want to carry two phones? Need a phone system with dedicated private lines, extensions and customized greetings? We’ve got you covered. Keep your business and personal communications separate. Your phone number is your business identity – we’ve got what you need with local, toll-free or vanity numbers. From solo entrepreneurs to mature small businesses, our solution works for you in an office, job site or in the field. Use your own hardware with reliable cloud telephony.

LogMeIn
$1,260
@LogMeIn
4,115 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

LogMeIn is a leading provider of on-demand, remote-connectivity and support solutions to small businesses, IT service providers and consumers.

Businesses and IT service providers use LogMeIn's solutions to deliver remote end-user support and to access and manage computers and other Internet-enabled devices more effectively and efficiently. Consumers and mobile workers use our solutions to access computer resources remotely, thereby facilitating their mobility and increasing their productivity.

Our solutions, which are deployed on-demand and accessible through a Web browser, are secure, scalable and easy for our customers to try, purchase and use. Since our inception, our users have connected over 60 million computers and other Internet-enabled devices to a LogMeIn service.

LogMeIn's software-as-a-service suite of solutions includes capabilities for on-demand customer support of PCs, smartphones and other devices, systems administration, remote access, remote control, file-sharing, virtual private networking, data back-up and online meeting.

Grasshopper Screenshots

Grasshopper Reviews

Showing 116 Grasshopper reviews
Already have Grasshopper?
What do you like best?

When you call, the customer service reps at least pretend like they know what they are doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To make multiple phones ring simultaneously, you have to pay $10 extra for a service they call "call blast" - I did not take off any points for that because I was aware of this going in and I paid the $10 (by the way, other companies don't charge this). But this feature absolutely will not work. When someone rings your business phone, NONE of the phones ring. I have spent countless hours with customer service + did troubleshooting myself, and nobody has been able to fix this. They have escalated to their supervisors and supervisors of supervisors and the supervisors have not fixed it either. Their customer service reps are poorly trained and barely know how to use the admin panel. One time, the person just took off the simultaneous call feature from my account, and pretended like he's fixed my problem.

So as an emergency measure, until I port number to another provider, I turned off call blast and forwarded the calls to my cell phone only. At first it worked. But somehow, magically, that broke too. When someone calls my business line, calls go straight to voicemail. My phone will NOT ring.

I gave grasshopper plenty of chances to get their act together, but they could not do one simple thing right: make my business phone forward to my cell phone. Somehow, some way, their system breaks and you won't receive your important calls.

Thank goodness I have requested my number to be ported to another provider.

If you want to miss calls, if you want your customers' calls to go straight to voicemail, then grasshopper is perfect for you. If you want to have trouble-free service, look elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you avoid this joke of a phone company at all costs. Even google voice is better than them. If you want your business phone to go straight to voicemail, then use grasshopper. If you want customer service to pretend like they fixed a problem, just for the problem to persist for days, use grasshopper. If you want incompetent engineers working at your phone company, use grasshopper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No benefits whatsoever Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I am assigned a toll-free number that forwards the caller to a main prompt. It forwards callers to either a particular extension or to a general extension such as the operator. These calls are forwarded to my cell phone so I can distinguish incoming calls a personal or business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes incoming calls appear as unknown caller as opposed to the company telephone number. For the most part, this is not a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you currently do not have an office space or take incoming business calls while on the go, Grasshopper is definitely the service to consider. This eliminates the need to purchase multiple phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The fact that I can distinguish business and personal incoming calls enables me to prepare to answer the phone accordingly. There are currently no actual issues to resolve with Grasshopper at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Manager
AN
What do you like best?

I liked the idea of Grasshopper - a low-cost phone system where I could get up and running right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The service and execution were poor. I signed up for a trial, configured everything and then went to upgrade to paid. I could not upgrade to paid. It continued to error out.

I contacted support (phone and email) and was told that my trial was broken and that I needed to create a new account. When I called, the phone service was horrible and kept breaking up. I have used Vonage business for years from this same location and never had quality issues like this.

I could not create a new account using my same email. I asked that they delete the account so I could create a new account. They told me they could not delete it and that I needed to call billing/account retention to delete it. If I did that, I couldn't just move over the number.

I reached out to support again, sure that this craziness was a mistake. Nope. This is how they treat you. It went from being a solution to meet my needs to being about them and their sales numbers.

I had been planning to sign up for an annual plan.

I am so thankful this happened - after experiencing their support I have decided it it worth the additional cost and signed up with RingCentral instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was solving the need to have an external non-profit phone number with two users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I paid for an annual account with them for less than 30 days. The account was opened on March 5th, i called today (April 3rd) to cancel my account because grasshopper lacks the features I need to operate my business. The rep on the phone asked why i wanted to cancel and after I told her i went with one of their competitors (ringcentral) she said refunds are not authorized. When asked to speak with a supervisor she said noone was available at the moment and hung up on me. This is the worst customer service!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service - representative hung up on me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

stay away do not use them at any cost - you will be dissatisfied for sure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

no Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing was the simplicity. As a business owner I needed an easy way to get a business phone number so I did not have to give out my personal line. Also the call routing, VM functionality made it a professional solution for us while we were new and growing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I really disliked because it solved the issue for my business. I wish it was cheaper because you could leverage Google voice for free but the features you get make it worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a business phone number with advanced routing, this will work for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a business line for my consulting business so I was not using my personal phone number. I needed this forwarded to my cell phone since I am always on the move. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner & General Manager
What do you like best?

Love that we retained our phone number, and that porting it to Grasshopper from our prior provider was simple. Also, the online dashboard is intuitive, making it easy to set up. The ability to have individual voicemail boxes and extensions for multiple people was a bonus, and functionality our prior provider didn't have. Main thing I love though is voicemail as e-mail! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, at setup I got a little confused about different access levels, but that's been about it. But otherwise, it's been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Makes the leap from land lines to mobile very easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My office went 100% remote. We had a phone system with a dozen handsets and a big base station. Stuff we'd had for years. Giving up the physical office space made all the land lines obsolete, and transitioning to Grasshopper, which my spouse's company had been using for some time, was the best solution for us. Also saved us about $100 a month because we dropped two lines, and services we'd been paying for a la carte are now bundled into Grasshopper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Unified phone system. We are a mobile service company and it allows us to have the technicians keep using their own phones and customize our on call schedule. The call blasting is great to make sure no call gets missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Poor call quality. The voice mails do not stay on the system for more than 30 days. The name of the caller is visible on the windows app, but it does not get recorder in the call log. Worst part for me was that when it comes to text messages was that an user could have access to every user's text messages or nobody's. As the business manager I do not necessarily want the service technicians to have access to my messages or each others. While the messaging system could handle pictures it seemed to be limited to that and no other file types. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider your needs and do some call quality testing before implementing it. It may vary by region. The SMS mentioned above as a big issue for us, but it may not be for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A couple of years ago I was traveling and didn't have a roaming package and I missed some calls and texts because of it. Grasshopper was a good solution, for next time I traveled, I could keep up with my texts, phone calls, voicemails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

The maneuverability and flow of the website. The Customer support you get is spot on. They walk you through step by step. Very user-friendly. Quick and simple steps to get done what you need to get done. I love making quick calls from my cell number and not giving it out to peple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. If anything I would say maybe less emails to remind you about stuff, message, account setup. But that is silly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The quick and simple way of getting back to customers sooner and able to make NOTES on all calls right in Grasshopper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
Medical Devices
What do you like best?

It's very easy to set up and use the system. Managing extensions and enabling features is straightforward. Users seem to be able to handle customizing their extensions, also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Two major things:

1) Their SMS support is NOT what their website claims. It's totally misleading. They only support SMS messages being delivered to Admins on the system; users can't see SMS messages coming into their personal extensions or direct numbers. They all show up in one place and the only people who can see them are Admins. This is horrble and we've complained about it for months with no sign it will be fixed (seems like something that should take a day or two toimplement).

2) Their website has some issues when administrating the system. Lots of little rendering bugs that confuse when first using the system (adding users/editing fields will not always update the screen properly so you think something didn't update when, in fact, it has.

In general, I don't like that it seems there are no engineers supporting this product. I've seen no improvements or chanegs in many months and that's not right for a hosted SaaS system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed an inexpensive service to allow our employees to have access to personal extensions while still using their mobile devices for most communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

User Support Lead
What do you like best?

I can easily add unlimited extensions, delete and reorganize extensions based on personnel changes, and there is a separation between general extensions and personal extensions. Easily set up a unique company toll-free number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When you make an outbound call, you cannot transfer to another extension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy for small companies to set up and manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We love Grasshopper because it allows us to make business phone calls from our personal cell phones using our company phone number through the Grasshopper app. That way, we don't actually have to have separate company phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am confident in the confidentiality system of Grasshopper and have never had any problems. Super convenient to make confidential phone calls from a personal phone routed through your work number! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could be automatically linked to our practice software so that the client numbers we needed were accessible from within the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Confidential communication with clients over the phone is a consistently crucial part of the job as a therapist, so it is very helpful to have an easy and reliable program to contact clients or insurance companies from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Marketing Lead
Internet
What do you like best?

It was super easy to set up. We were taking calls and getting voicemails right away. The ability for the whole team to use their cell phones was nice as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It didn’t have the reporting that our company eventually needed. We also had a lot of difficulty with international calls. Eventually our business outgrew the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Telephone system. Customer support.

We benefitted by having a “real” business line that we could give out to clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

We love that we can assign extensions quickly, and have voicemails saved and sent to Zendesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a glitch with answering calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great call forwarding system, allows you to set hours and extensions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've realized this is great for getting calls forwarded to us here at the office without having to give our our personal numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability to use my personal mobile phone and the grasshopper mobile app to make calls from our office number Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No voice transcription or caller ID with basic subscription packaged. Could use an upgrade to the UI as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are forwarding incoming calls to the right channels/teams in our company. Eliminating using more expensive products that don't suit our current small startup needs for managing callers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and edit effortlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It requires a different approach in the design process and it can be quite challenging to successfully use it from scratch. Some research and tutorial are highly recommended before solving design challenges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please use tutorials and video when you firstly start to use this. They are not only helpful but sometimes essential Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly used for design process and architectural forms. Very easy to change the design and process and produce results. Also great help in 3D printing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COO & Lead Photography Teacher
Photography
What do you like best?

Ability to use a different number than my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app is glitchy. Some text messages get archived before I've read them. The mobile app doesn't sync properly with the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do more research before you choose this option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a business phone number that isn't my cell number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

User Support Specialist
What do you like best?

It is quite easy to use and implement, while providing clear audio connections Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much! It works as advertised, although the UI is a bit outdated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not needing physical handsets is great, and getting data on calls is a game changer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Coordinator
What do you like best?

Grasshopper, once set up, is easy to use to receive calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not the easiest to use for outgoing calls. We typically just end up making calls from our direct phone numbers instead of bothering with using Grasshopper for outbound calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Grasshopper is easy to use, but there may be more intuitive applications that offer similar services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Grasshopper allows us to use our personal phones under the guise of a different business phone number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder/CEO
Entertainment
What do you like best?

There are so many things that I love about Grasshopper. Obviously, having a business phone number that forwards directly to my cell phone is fantastic. No matter where I am I can receive business calls. Setting up an automated directory is great so that callers can immediately choose the right option and be sent to the correct person. There's also the option of setting up extensions for users and each extension can be assigned to be sent to a different person's cell phone. So if you have multiple people working from different locations, as far as the caller is concerned they are all immediately accessible through your phone portal as if you were all in one location. Calls can also be transferred from one extension to another just like in a traditional phone system. By far, one of my favorite features is the option to receive faxes to the same business number. Even though fax is being used less these days it is still used quite a bit and being able to receive faxes and having them immediately emailed to me is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about Grasshopper. As I mentioned, the receiving faxes features is great. What would be really cool is if there were an option to send faxes as well. If I could take picture of a document with my phone, or if there is an existing pdf file on my phone, the ability to send it would be great. It seems a little unnecessary because at that point you might think, well why not just email it? I agree but there are still some people out there (strangely) that like to receive things via fax. I'm sure eventually this will go the way of the dinosaur though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get familiar with the online user interface as this is the easiest way to get things set up. The app is feature rich, although admittedly I do not use it as much as the online site when I need to address issues. But the app is great for checking caller ID and listening to voice mails (although all voice mails are automatically emailed as well). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to have a business phone system "in the cloud" that allows my company to have the appearance of a centralized location, with no down time on answering or returning calls. It also allows me to not have to give out my personal cell phone number to clients and contacts that I wouldn't want to have it. It saves me leave of mind and also adds efficiency for my and my team even as we are spread out throughout the country. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Grasshopper makes it easy to add or remove business lines to the account so that people can still use their cell phones without their personal number being used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a bit high compared to other providers but the customer support is very helpful. The need to charge 10 dollars per line that you want to have SMS active, is a disappointment when you have multiple phone numbers being used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you only have a need for a single phone number for your business, with SMS, then grasshopper is a good cheap choice. But if you have a need for more than one phone number, with SMS, there are other providers that offer a better price for multiple phone numbers and more features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit of a desktop app is very useful for taking and making calls directly from computer in addition to the voice studio that can direct callers to extensions based upon the reason for their call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Helps stay in contact with clients on the go. Don’t need to be in office to stay in contact Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Phone won’t ring when calls come in. A lot of the voicemails do not download and I have to contact customer service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy fast and needed for people not in office much Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have more confidence with my clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Grasshopper allowed you to have a business and a personal line without the hassle of dual SIM cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not integrate a way to text from your grasshopper number. It doesn’t always track the calls through grasshopper to return phone calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am helping my clients be able to reach me wherever I am. When I am not accessible I simply disconnect in the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The overall ability to transfer calls (if it worked) would have been a nice feature to utilize in our office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Super obnoxious alert tones interrupt phone calls already in progress and damage sensitive hearing. I have never had a clear call through Grasshopper. I have tried to uninstall, adjust settings...etc. with zero success. Used up a lot of my mobile battery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that set up is exactly how you want it, and don't use your phone's regular function or prepare for abrupt, loud interruptions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Purportedly, the Grasshopper app should be allowing us to transfer calls seamlessly from our main office to any extension, however, this has never worked for me, even with adequate tech support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Helps to separate personal calls from business calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t think there’s much that I dislike! Very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to track which calls are coming into your cell phone line for business vs personal calls if you don’t have a separate business cell phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Grasshopper?

Grasshopper Categories on G2