Google Cloud Datalab

3.8

Cloud Datalab is a powerful interactive tool created to explore, analyze, transform and visualize data and build machine learning models on Google Cloud Platform.

Work for Google Cloud Datalab?

Learning about Google Cloud Datalab?

Google Cloud Datalab Reviews

Ask Google Cloud Datalab a Question
Showing 34 Google Cloud Datalab reviews
Google Cloud Datalab review by Herbert L.
Herbert L.

"Great, except for Git integration"

What do you like best?

Connecting to/from Google services is very easy. Spinning up new instances is quite fast, and you get all the goodness of Jupyter notebooks.

What do you dislike?

Ungit has one of the worst UIs of any product I've ever used. There are too many steps needed to get to the command-line git for my notebooks. I've sometimes had my SSH key for my instance stop working and have had to delete it, resulting in loss of work if I haven't committed my notebook to git.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend it if you are storing most of your data in Google Cloud already - ease of connection between Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery, and other services is the killer feature.

I use Datalab for testing my deployed services and for doing data exploration and analysis. I also use it for presentations involving code.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Google Cloud Datalab
Google Cloud Datalab review by Jefferey M.
Jefferey M.

"We already had an ETL solution in place, but its better"

What do you like best?

There are many features which I can speak about, but its overall ease with which you can analyze your data within a couple of clicks is an outstanding feature. Also, the stunning visualization with lots of statistical options, makes it a valuable product.

What do you dislike?

Google Cloud Datalab comes out with one major release every year and minor releases frequently, which is very good. Also, most of the changes are done based on the ideas posted on the community, which means it listens to the user base to come up with the changes, which is phenomenal.

As far as the changes I would like to see, they could improve performance with respect to big data connections and cube data sources. Many users in my organization feel that Google Cloud Datalab is great with RDBMS, but with Hadoop or cube data sources, the performance is not so great.

When we started with Google Cloud Datalab, it was basically used for converting existing Excel reports. But later on, after exploring the features and with latest releases, it had a greater impact on the way we interact with the data. We were able to connect the data from different source of data together. We were able to relate the defects, quality and cost aspects of the products of our company from different regions in a much more efficient way. The visualizations gave a better picture of the current state of affairs and we got an idea of what needs to be improved in the line of business. Now, Google Cloud Datalab has become an integral part of our organization for any analytical solution.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Google Cloud Datalab review by Vijay S.
Vijay S.

"Reviews for Google Cloud Datalab"

What do you like best?

Cloud Datalab is a ground-breaking intelligent apparatus made to investigate, dissect, change and picture information and construct AI models on Google Cloud Platform.How you can utilize it to examine, change and envision information and fabricate business learning models. It causes me center around my business errands.

What do you dislike?

Ungit has one of the most exceedingly bad UIs of any item I've at any point utilized. There are such a large number of steps expected to get to the direction line git for my scratch pad. I've in some cases had my SSH key for my example quit working and have needed to erase it, bringing about loss of work in the event that I haven't submitted my journal to git.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use for scientists and information examination who need to discover intriguing things with regards to their information. Learning of information science and information mining will be helpful.

Google Cloud Datalab review by Sajal S.
Sajal S.

"Google Cloud datalab"

What do you like best?

It helps me focus on my business tasks.Cloud Datalab is a ground-breaking intelligent apparatus made to investigate, dissect, change and picture information and construct AI models on Google Cloud Platform.It causes me center around my business errands.

What do you dislike?

Has a learning curve to understand the different functionality.Due to being comfortable and knowledgable with computers, using the software wasn't an issue. However, for those without much experience, the software can be hard to use at first.

I also use it for presentations involving code.we use it to dissect information on materials we use for our financial business, and where the best market is to purchase and sell from including business methodologies.No more giving permission to 3rd party application to access Datastore.

Google Cloud Datalab review by Tom Y.
Tom Y.

"Google Always Does a Good Job, Just Never the Best"

What do you like best?

Google Cloud Datalab does a good job at creating a platform that's generally user-friendly and easy to learn. The product does what it says it does, in a no frills sort of way.

What do you dislike?

As with most Google products, Google Cloud Datalab is basic. It does what it says it does, and that's about it. It's not for someone looking for beautiful analytics or data visualization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend users look at other options in addition to Google Cloud Datalab. Some analytics just love the Google ecosystem, while others are better served by a competitor.

Google Cloud Datalab is used for data modeling and analytics.

"Datalab Review "

What do you like best?

Data lab is really great at giving a visual representation of your data. I really like this feature because it helps me to analyze results in a more purposeful manner.

What do you dislike?

Although it is pretty straight forward, it occasionally takes a while to find the settings you are looking for. Where you ideally thought it would be, it isn’t.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Data lab is great at compiling information. I was very new to Datalab but was easily able to figure out how it worked. If struggled, the support provided was excellent.

As stated, datalab is really great at providing visuals. Using this has been really easy. Last time I used datalab, I was comparing the income of neighborhoods with trash regulation. It was interesting to see such results from Datalab

Google Cloud Datalab review by User

"Science Data on Google Cloud"

What do you like best?

I like best that I can convert my analysis and data into a cloud on google. Having access everywhere.

What do you dislike?

The Cloud only works with google and it is limited to only where there is network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always remember to save your work as storage and you will need network to access the cloud.

Using science data, analyzing my data being able to transfer it into cloud. The cloud lets me store in it and I can view my data lab anytime with network.

Google Cloud Datalab review by Shiza T.
Shiza T.

"User"

What do you like best?

I always had good encounters with Google, and now using Google Cloud Datalab. What I like about Google Cloud Database is how easy it is to run comparing to other services which are much more complicated.

What do you dislike?

The support UI isn't the best; It seems a bit confusing to manage when simply browsing.

The Google Cloud Datalab is the host so it is the leading technology. It also provides Free Layer which will help in making newer projects,

"powerful data exploration"

What do you like best?

How you can use it to analyze, transform and visualize data and build business learning models. It helps me focus on my business tasks.

What do you dislike?

Its uses a lot of storage if you run it often. You will have to acquire more storage space if you want to to keep past data numerical data. That is the only part I don't like. I use a lot of storage space!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It is great for analyzing data. It is fast and it is free so there is no risk in trying it. You can save and upload on the cloud interacting with other google products!

I use it to analyze data on materials I use for my jewelry business, and where the best market is to buy and sell from including business strategies.

Google Cloud Datalab review by Morgan D.
Morgan D.

"Developer"

What do you like best?

We have been using Google Cloud Platform for various purposes including application development, Enterprise data warehouse and ML platform. It's been highly effective for all these use cases.

What do you dislike?

The UI (even the new UI) needs to have some more basic support built in for the analysts and data scientists to be more effective in their analytical workflows.

The fact that BigQuery can easily process terabytes and terabytes of data.

Google Cloud Datalab review by Elliot Hon Yuan N.
Elliot Hon Yuan N.

"Good cloud storage"

What do you like best?

It's google, I like google product. GCP is cheap with reliable performance, and Google has been adding data centers at a breakneck pace.

What do you dislike?

It's not very MAC friendly. It's also very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

On the right direction, i like how i can use other google apps with it as well

Google provides a wide selection of preconfigured servers.

Google Cloud Datalab review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Not bad to use "

What do you like best?

I like google cloud because I can log in from everywhere and from any device. Control is easy to use and operate.

What do you dislike?

Not much so far. I have only been using it for a short time. I quit using for a while trying new ones. Wanting to make sure we use the optimal platform for our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot and see if you meets your needs.evey situation is different.

It is helping solve some connection issues between our units and keeps the flow rather smooth.

Google Cloud Datalab review by Sandy-Catherine L.
Sandy-Catherine L.

"Has always been efficient "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ability to share information with others and store files.

What do you dislike?

At this time there is no information that I can collect that would present as a negative or dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to store your information and share with other.

Storing information and sharing with other employers.

Google Cloud Datalab review by Haiku C.
Haiku C.

"Data exploration"

What do you like best?

Everything is integrated into one.Cloud Datalab is a ground-breaking intelligent apparatus made to investigate. Easy for use.

What do you dislike?

OurIts uses a lot of storage if you run it often. Due to being comfortable and knowledgable with computers.

Its i great software for data analysis

Google Cloud Datalab review by User in Computer Software

"Data Analytic "

What do you like best?

Everything is integrated into one.

You can develop powerful and expressive visulization using Datalab while having easy access to your datastore.

What do you dislike?

Requires some coding experience.

Has a learning curve to understand the different functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for researchers and data analytics who want to find interesting things in their data. Knowledge of data science and data mining will be useful.

Data Analytic and Data Visualization.

No more giving permission to 3rd party application to access Datastore. Datalab has everything done for you.

Google Cloud Datalab review by Mahmoud M.
Mahmoud M.

"Best in Class"

What do you like best?

visualizations of sets which are perfect for reporting and presentations.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far , Everything worked as expected

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended , give it a try

interactive tool to analyze a multitude of environmental and conservation data sets for research purposes

Google Cloud Datalab review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"Very user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I loved the simplicity and ease of use associated with this product

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was an easier way to sync my photos on my phone with it

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it and fuck microsoft

Organization

Google Cloud Datalab review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Google Cloud Data Lab is Rad"

What do you like best?

i love how this program builds machine learning models for users to be able to present and use!

What do you dislike?

The basic tutorial on how to use isn’t enough information needed to understand the basics

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google FAQ to find out basic answers. That’s why my team had to do in order to figure out how to use specifics.

For all our team meetings we all have a consistent tool and base to build from

Google Cloud Datalab review by Administrator

"Google is once again top of the line"

What do you like best?

Its very easy and seamless to use...Literally gives you the tools of google at your finger tips.

What do you dislike?

can be a little much for people that arent PC savvy, but for those that are, look out!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it if nothing else for the analytics! Great product!

From printing out data sheets to just having storage....there literally isn't much that you can't do with this plethora of products within one.

Google Cloud Datalab review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Google Cloud Datalab"

What do you like best?

Best parts of using google cloud lab is the fact that its integrated being built on jupyter. Also like the fact that this software is completely free.

What do you dislike?

the machine learning models aren't quite as ready to be used as with other software that ive used before. Accuracy can be optimized further

Used to gain insight from my fata, visualize it, transform and analyze

Google Cloud Datalab review by Consultant in Environmental Services
Consultant in Environmental Services

"Good data analytic tool"

What do you like best?

The powerful visuals are a great way to tease subtle elements out of data. I do like that data store creates an easy environment for storage.

What do you dislike?

There is definitely a learning curve, and getting on top of the coding was hard at first. But otherwise, the software worked great.

The data visualization has helped clients make real time decisions, this is invaluable.

Google Cloud Datalab review by User in Internet

"Google Cloud Datalab is overall good but Google leaves room for much needed improvement."

What do you like best?

Comparable with AWS, Google Cloud Datalab is fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Certain features (options) are difficult to locate such as the CLI documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence.

We are trying to improve business process agility within the organization. Though we are still using Google Cloud Datalab in a sandbox capacity, we have found documentation that is both comprehensive and easy to find.

Google Cloud Datalab review by User in Higher Education

"Good, but not for beginners"

What do you like best?

It created some of the most beautiful visuals we've ever had for experiments. It really brought the data to life

What do you dislike?

It has helped bring the data to life and pop

Google Cloud Datalab review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Another good google app"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to share and analyze data on multiple platforms outside of google

What do you dislike?

Google apps can be difficult to use in any form if you are not familiar with their processes and shortcuts

Just another way to share data easily. The Google Suite has worked wonders for businesses with its capabilities

Google Cloud Datalab review by User in Computer Software

"Google continues to impress me. "

What do you like best?

I love the google echo system. The fact I can have all the data and projects all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Upload speed could be better. Other than that it’s all great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google echo system is excellent

None at the time but I will recommend my company to use it.

Google Cloud Datalab review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great Software!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Google Cloud Datalab is the ease of data visualization the software provides.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about the software to dislike.

The main benefit is the ease of understanding data. It helps me see the areas where growth is needed and where we excel.

Google Cloud Datalab review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Like it"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and it connects with my other systems

What do you dislike?

Google products are occasionally blocked on certain computers (work related in some cases)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the product syncs with firewall

We are able to streamline data and information when team members travel

Google Cloud Datalab review by User

"Does what it’s intended to, nothing else"

What do you like best?

Doesn’t take a long time to learn how to use. Pretty self explanatory

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t help my business specifically but I can see how it might help others

I’ve stopped using it. Doesn’t help my business

Google Cloud Datalab review by User

"Happy, Room for Improvement"

What do you like best?

Command line tooks and the web UI are very well done and easy to use

What do you dislike?

Lots of issues with permissions/security. Arent hard to resolve but hard to diagnose

Documentation is easy to find and comprehensive

Google Cloud Datalab review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Effective Data Exploration"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to share files and information effectively and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

In my experience with Google Cloud Datalab, I do not find anything negative about it.

Sharing information with employers.

"Google Cloud Datalab"

What do you like best?

Machine learning data creates a seamless integration between learning models and visual models.

What do you dislike?

Google interface is not superior; it certainly does its job but is not the most advanced out there.

Visualizing data

"Awesome Product!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and various options. Takes time but its fine

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time at times to load and makes its frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Product!

Uploading the documents when needed

"Google cloud"

What do you like best?

It is a great app that is very user friendly

What do you dislike?

There isn’t anything about this app that I dislike.

We use this app to determine student growth there isn’t anything about

"good stuff right there"

What do you like best?

i love the way the cloud looks in the sky

What do you dislike?

sometimes the fine print will get you. Time is money in the cloud

dr backup & recovery

Learning about Google Cloud Datalab?

* We monitor all Google Cloud Datalab reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.