Fountain

Fountain uses automation, machine learning, and customizable workflows to hire large hourly workforces in half the time.

Work for Fountain?

Learning about Fountain?

Fountain Reviews

Ask Fountain a Question
Showing 35 Fountain reviews
Fountain review by Cynthia H.
Cynthia H.

"Always follows through!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Fountain is the flexibility they have with delivering exactly the product that is needed. With my line of work, policies change quickly and the representatives are always there to cater to what the company needs. Another plus is that the customer service is fast-acting and efficient in delivering any notices and/or providing the answers that we might need.

What do you dislike?

It's very hard to think of something that I dislike about this service. If I had to nitpick something it would be that there are little glitches here and there, but as previously stated the customer service team always gives a notice on what is being done and when it will be fixed!

I have realized that Fountain pretty much has a lot of filters that allows my team to view the information that is needed all in one screen.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Fountain
Fountain review by User

"Helpful team, useful product"

What do you like best?

The interface is good, the product is relatively easy to use. It provides a good, easy to set up solution to the issue of inboarding which removed the aggro of having to set these things up for ourselves.

What do you dislike?

Limited integrations, occasionally slow responses from the team. We have had issues with existing integrations and knowing where responsibility for this lies. To be fair, fountain have been pretty helpful but we do sometimes feel like we're stuck in between a rock and hard place when it comes to getting these integration issues resolved between the third party and fountain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Double check that the integrations meet your needs and that support will continue to be provided before committing. Other than that, they do offer a very good bespoke service and support is pretty good, so go for it!

Not only is it a helpful, off the shelf solution to our on onboarding but the built-in analytics are incredibly useful and have automated a process which otherwise would have been incredibly manual.

What Recruiting Automation solution do you use?

Fountain review by Aazar Ali S.
Aazar Ali S.

"Great features but Onboarding needs love."

What do you like best?

Fountain made scaling and managing our applicant funnels possible.

I love the UI and it does what it is meant to do. I like the way design is set up. The features and flexibility you have in the product allow you to scale fast and optimize your flow for different sizes of volume and requirements.

It's great for employee onboarding.

What do you dislike?

Regarding Onboarding:

Focus on UI and Onboarding by:

- Empty states need more love

- Drive user towards making a job

- Move him/her along the journey with quick-interactive walkthrough

- A checklist would always help as a gamified version to finish the activation

- Adding one CTA on the dashboard would do the trick

Fountain's focus is on functionality and obviously less so in the UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for automating your hiring and care about features & workflows. Go with fountain.

- Qualification of the candidate is powerful.

-Customizable to my workflow

-Perform screening functions

Benefits:

-Saving time vs spreadsheets

-Automating a lot of manual tasks of hiring.

Fountain review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Fountain is great software to help hire the correct people, fast. "

What do you like best?

What I like most about fountain is their use of the bucket system that helps you see where certain applicants are being held up. This modified Kanban makes it easy to identify what needs to be done to move that person along.

What do you dislike?

There aren't a lot of complaints I have about Fountain but I wish that it would confirm that the information uploaded by a applicant is what we ask for. There are times when we ask for picture of insurance and they upload the wrong paperwork. If the system could identify this and deny it then we could move even quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None, doing a great job.

We have been able to move people through our hiring system quicker and even cut out unnecessary steps along the way.

Fountain review by Brian K.
Brian K.

"Potential to do well."

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup and use. I was up and running in no time and receiving applicants.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, it seems that fountain automatically spans the candidates that are interesting and most of them get frustrated because of the multiple automated messages. I had several people just reach out and ask me to stop, when it was something done behind the scenes.

It gave me several candidates. The quality of candidates was about the same as indeed. The biggest benefit is that it doesn’t take a lot to maintain.

"Useful & Maleable"

What do you like best?

Not only is Fountain at the head of applicant tracking systems, but it also carries many features that make it flexible and relevant in hiring today. It's been refreshing having the features you would always wish you had in the product.

What do you dislike?

Not always intuitive, when features are missing or coming up with work arounds it's a robust tool that's difficult to navigate if you aren't very familiar

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find the features you want and get on a call to get a full walk through.

Texting our candidates, easily moving pipelines over to different hiring coordinators, and setting up a full hiring pipeline. It's completely expedited our scheduling removing a big big headache from our hiring coordinators.

Fountain review by Gretchen Schwerzler W.
Gretchen Schwerzler W.

"Great for remote teams to balance high applicant flow"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease with which we can communicate with and about applicants via a remote team. Fountain is receptive to user requests and makes frequent improvements. Love that it seamlessly syncs with my google calendar.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the data export tool was more robust and easy to use. Developing queries can be cumbersome. When you change your process you are unable to remove old scorecards and templates without also removing their associated data. An archival tool would be great for that to keep the user interface streamlined.

The data coming in from applications is enormous and we are just starting to use that to analyze advertising, applicant quality and more.

Fountain review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Useful ATS for high-growth roles"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can quickly and seamlessly set up and edit the stages of pipelines for new roles. They also have a very responsive and helpful Customer Care team whenever we have questions about ensuring our new pipelines are connected to our internal signup landing pages

What do you dislike?

While they allow for easy SMS + email automations, I wish there was a bit more flexibility and polish to some of the communication tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to reach out to their Customer Care team for help - very responsive!

Fountain allows us to manage our applicant pools for drivers/Valets across geographies, speeding our hiring process in a crucial but high-turnover role

Fountain review by Michael T.
Michael T.

"Straightforward approach to applicant management"

What do you like best?

I like the Integration with MVR and background checks + the triggered message sends that go to applicants when they move to a new stage in the process

What do you dislike?

Managing the triggered messages can sometimes be difficult. A better testing function as a test applicant would be better.

We are helping recruit and manage hundreds of applicants for multiple locations. These applicants go through multiple stages and verification checks before moving forward

Fountain review by User

"Amazing, but could do with some UX and interface changes."

What do you like best?

Fountain is relatively easy to use with a range of useful features for HRM. I've been using it for a few months now and it has stuck to what it says, allowing my business to recruit people in an efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

The UX (user experience) and interface could be modernised a little and made easier to use, at times I've struggled to navigate to certain parts of the software because of it not being so clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it for full-scale businesses with many HR people.

Rather than manually searching for candidates on Indeed, Linkedin, Glassdoor etc. Fountain does all the applicant finding work for you.

Fountain review by Oakley A.
Oakley A.

"Great tool for hiring."

What do you like best?

I like that you can automate the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to learn how to use fountain. I feel like it could be more streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product. It's better than other platforms I have used.

Fountain has organized and automated our hiring process. All I have to do is set up my available times for interviews and Fountain does the rest.

Fountain review by Cesar G.
Cesar G.

"Easy to use."

What do you like best?

I can easily search and find candidates to review.

What do you dislike?

So far no complaints, It is easy to use I use it to conduct an interview and I have an easy time declining candidates. I also like that I can incorporate the interview questions.

Everything I need is on one page, no more scrolling through applicants.

Fountain review by Sylvia M.
Sylvia M.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. The platform is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The visual interface isn't the best. Improve this, could help to obtain better results. Few reports, The data export in some cases is difficult to obtain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

improve the user interface

Drivers onboarding in our app

Fountain review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Fountain - Good and the Bad"

What do you like best?

The simplicity to understand the program is amazing. Literally took me only a week to understand and use it beyond proficient.

What do you dislike?

It's not much about disliking the program itself, more about fitting the needs of it to what we do that didn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that this is something that would be flexible to your business.

The onboarding process of our partners have become really quick and easy especially with the auto reminders and text functions.

Fountain review by Jemma K.
Jemma K.

"Good product and responsive customer service"

What do you like best?

Workflow and email customisation. In particular with follow-ups and reminders

What do you dislike?

Rigidity in customisation and inconsistencies with accessing different similar information e.g. editing templates

Tech enabled onboarding of care workers with options to schedule sessions and send regular reminders.

Fountain review by User

"Save times and makes it easy!"

What do you like best?

I like the landing page overview most! It provides a great way to explain what is needed. And increase the quality of applicants.

What do you dislike?

Wish it was able to get more applicants with the free account. I know there's a paid version. But would be better if could get more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it easier to get more applicants.

We need to hire 1099 contractors to join our platform. This makes it easy to track.

Fountain review by User

"I have had a great experience with Fountain since it is so easy to work with. "

What do you like best?

I really love the customer service of the Fountain representatives as well as the tech support.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have anything I dislike about Fountain. I have been using it for about 8 months and it really has made my life on-boarding applicants easier.

On-boarding applicants faster and easier. A major benefit is the automative rules that can move applicants from stage to stage without me having to do it manually.

"Easy Flow and Layout "

What do you like best?

Using Fountain definitely makes the on-boarding process for our independent contractors a lot smoother. I enjoy the automated messages reminding them to pick up where they left off.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it reduces the sense of urgency for one to finish the application in a timely fashion.

I am able to download and edit profile photos that applicants submit, and also easily request the applicants to submit new files.

Fountain review by April H.
April H.

"Outstanding "

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use and learn. Navigating is a breeze!

What do you dislike?

Not being able to sort applicants by duplicates.

Hiring. We can review and make decisions within one platform.

Fountain review by Administrator

"Every application process should funnel through Fountain"

What do you like best?

Fountain displays all necessary info I need to look at while making decisions on applicants. It's all in house system allows me to communicate and track each applicant that comes through my funnel.

What do you dislike?

Fountain has pretty much done everything I want it to do for me in order to make my job easier. Maybe include social media background checks?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Built in background checks, social media background checks!

Hiring at a large scale. I read hundred of applications daily and fountain has made it easy to separate them by region and it's UI allows for easy reads and push forwards.

Fountain review by Nicholas B.
Nicholas B.

"Grubhub Sr Specialist "

What do you like best?

Honestly, I like the color-coding. It is easy for me to see a lot of info at a quick glance.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of little bugs, but they are fixed quickly. It can be a little slow at times, but overall I'm very happy!

I use Fountain to communicate with thousands of applicants at once. It is incredibly time-efficient.

Fountain review by Monika Agata G.
Monika Agata G.

"A great beginning"

What do you like best?

The stages in fountain are very helpful and clear for users. You can move applicants very quickly and effortlessly.

What do you dislike?

The post hire / workers profile is very limited. There isn't enough customization.

With automated messages based on idle time and rules for moving applicants between stages, our business has saved hours of manual work every day.

Fountain review by Administrator

"Love Fountain! Has increased our hiring conversion rate! "

What do you like best?

I like the automated process. It helps us to keep track of the 150 applicants we get per month.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was some more customization when it comes to the way application questions are structured. Like asking for availability is tricky with the current settings.

Helps us to hire based on our demand.

"Great for hiring "

What do you like best?

Easy of communicating with people I’ve hired 3 from this site

What do you dislike?

Messaging alerts took to long and didn’t always allow a response

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is scaling and you like to have lots of functionality to eventually build into, I would recommend considering this product.

Hiring process

"Great product overall!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very easy and intuitive!

What do you dislike?

Analytics could be more robust - we aren't able to pull the reports we need in order to report on funnel performance.

We are solving for how to streamline our application process and approve more applicants.

Fountain review by Administrator

"Great tool for recruitment"

What do you like best?

Status tracking is great from stage to stage and also the scheduling of in-person sessions

What do you dislike?

Does not have analytics tool to analyse funnel

We are recruiting on a mass level and it has certainly helped with management of the applicants

"Super User Friendly"

What do you like best?

As far as getting workers enrolled and through the workflow's, it is super user-friendly and easy.

What do you dislike?

Certain limitations to custom applications we were trying to accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Technical errors with very niche statistics.

Higher success rates or workers enrolled.

Fountain review by Administrator

"Great applicant management system with quirks"

What do you like best?

Sorting features

Smart algorithms that identify applicants

What do you dislike?

Behaviors that seem like bugs, but are intentional.

Something that is seemingly a bug, is often identified as an intentional “feature” by support.

Allows for fast onbording in on-demand space.

Fountain review by User

"Fountain is helpful for tracking applicant data"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place and can track application, notes and other data.

What do you dislike?

Would like more data points for sorting and exporting data.

Ability to track and communicate with applicants all in one place.

Fountain review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Simple but not effective"

What do you like best?

Simplicity is key to this site. Setting it up was easy. Like the fact that it email me when I have an application

What do you dislike?

Seems like not allot of traffic, didn't get many applications

Also when I get the email notifications, the links do not bring up any info on the application, only their names

Need staff, but not getting many hits. Trying to build a quality stafd

Fountain review by Administrator

"Great product and platform to use."

What do you like best?

User friendliness, fast, easy platform to use while hiring.

What do you dislike?

Occasional bugs, visual experience across teh board.

Shortened time to hire, a very good ATS across the board.

Fountain review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Fountain Review"

What do you like best?

Pretty smooth system and easy to manoeuvre between different flows. Pulling analytics data is very easy as well.

What do you dislike?

Could have a more improved messaging system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try it is a good product

Super easy to locate all new sign-ups according to home city and targeting them directly for campaigns

Fountain review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Great recruitment tool"

What do you like best?

The automatic handling of candidates that flows them naturally and smoothly through the flow

What do you dislike?

I think it's a bit annoying with email templates, takes a long time to modify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it !

Heavy recruitment of gig economy workers. Better candidate flow and faster click to hire rate

Fountain review by User

"Fountain helps keep track of important applicant data and notes "

What do you like best?

Fountain is helpful for tracking applications, notes and other data. They have an excellent customer support team.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to track and export more specific data points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

Tracking applicant interviews.

"Good program"

What do you like best?

Customer service is very responsive! I also like the ability to categorize different applicants.

What do you dislike?

Some of windows that open are not user friendly.

Organizing job applicants.

Learn more about Fountain

Fountain Videos

Learning about Fountain?

* We monitor all Fountain reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.