Flow Reviews & Product Details

What is Flow?

Flow is beautiful project and task management software for teams everywhere. Plan projects, prioritize to-dos, delegate tasks and stay up to date on the work that matters. Teams choose Flow when spreadsheets, whiteboards and sticky notes arent enough, but task management apps like Todoist and Trello are too lean, and project management tools like Wrike, JIRA and Asana are overkill.

Flow Profile Details

Flow Reviews

1-25 of 46 total Flow reviews
Team Manager
Utilities

"Flow is an excellent solutions that helps our workplace to manage all our projects and tasks."

What do you like best?

I like the way we tried this software for free during the unitial setup because it had a free trial version of 15day.

This software allows team members to work from anywhere be it mobile or desktops platforms.

It's easy to track time used to carry out any project thus hitting our budget is easy with Flow.

It integrates seamlessly with other systems that we uses in our organizations like Box,Slack,Dropbox and Google drive thus easy to share findings and files among team members on any projects.

It's easy to monitor and manage all projects carried out by team members with Flow.

This software has an easy to use users interface.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any fault while using this software because its designed to be user friendly thus easy to plan projects and carry out tasks easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would urge them to try this software because it will keep all their projects flowing easily thus achieving more productivity.

Team task tracking is possible with Flow.

Easy to manage projects carried out by team members.

Founder and President
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Still the best designed platform around"

What do you like best?

Flow is constantly under development, is fast, and is full of tiny details that show how much thought the developers put into it. Each visual iteration is more gorgeous than the next, and it's extremely rare that I struggle to find what I need or fight with the software. Flow is made by some of the best UI folks in the world for a reason.

What do you dislike?

The Projects section in their newest design feels a little constrained. I can see the potential for a Kanban-style overview, but miss being able to quickly jump around in the sidebar when organizing multiple projects at once. Further, the Timelines and Calendar features are accessible both in their own main heading and in a separate section called Agenda under tasks. The workflow here feels convoluted and left over from the last version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be clear about what your workflow is going to be and how that might fight into Flow. It can actually do a lot under the hood, but that isn't going to seem obvious (generally a good thing), and you'll have to know up front how you want to leverage its features. For instance, Gantt planning isn't properly there, but Timelines probably suffices for most.

I mostly use Flow for personal projects, and it's always been a reliable go-to for that purpose, even if you do miss out on the team features. It keeps me organized and can handle everything I'll ever need to track.

Inbound Marketing Manager

"Good idea, poorly executed"

What do you like best?

The visual design, especially the timeline, workload, and catch up view, are beautiful stunning and very easy to understand. That's what actually drew me to Flow in the first place. I loved how easy everything was to see and understand. Also the support team is very helpful and responsive.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a developer, but there are some under the hood issues that are causing major issues:

- App is unusable. Nothing syncs and it frequently crashes doing basic things (like marking tasks complete)

- Lacking in seemingly basic features that have been requested by the community for years (yes, years)

- Markdown formatting only in descriptions (supposed to be changing but no timeline given)

- Can't move tasks between teams

- No custom fields

- There's a slack integration but it has a steep learning curve (all /command based, nothing visual like Asana)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Asana, Roadmap, or ClickUp. If they get some of these kinks worked out then maybe it'll be worth your time.

We were attempting to really streamline and accelerate our project management.

Software Developer

"Great software ideal for managing team work"

What do you like best?

I like it because it allows you to track the progress of business projects and plan ahead. Your user panel is very interactive and modern and very easy to use, it can be used to plan any type of project, that is, it does not matter in which area Focus your company, and the best thing is that it always keeps you up to date with your to-do list.

What do you dislike?

Unlike other software that limits the use of the company's approach, Flow has no limits as to the type of company or professional that uses it, so we have not found anything that we dislike works very well and is extremely flexible for work teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Flow is a very simple and effective software so I recommend it for the management of any type of business project that is taking place, if you want to make sure of its effectiveness go to your free 15-day trial and you can evaluate how well it works and how improve teamwork

With Flow we can manage our projects in a very simple and organized way because it always keeps us up to date with what we have advanced and what we have to do, who are busy and who do not stop being able to assign tasks to those users and thus be able to advance a lot faster in the development of our applications and the best thing is that it contains time lines that allow us to visualize the tasks and deadlines of the same and in case of having any change we will all be informed so there is nothing that we can go unnoticed .

Business Development Consultant
Financial Services

"Flow is an amazing task management software that every business organizations needs to deploy."

What do you like best?

Flow allows us to plan projects properly, prioritize to-dos,delegate tasks and stay up to date on anything happening within and outside our organization.This software is very intuitive and eye's appealing to use.This software is very flexible thus accessibilty on multiple platform is easy.The customer support given is of high class thus getting instant feedbacks.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found any drawback so far while using this software because it has been very pivotal in task management and I love how its easy to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is the best for managing tasks and for proper following up of any tasks or project hence it's worth recommendations.

The ease of tracking and organizing projects with flow helps keep everyone on task and projects moving smoothly.

Business Development Executive

"Recently updated with a new look and better UI"

What do you like best?

Flow was recently updated, it now has easy to select options to switch between a list view, kanban and calendar modes. The project drag+drop interface has been much improved over their previous offering. All the issues I had with it (and reasons I previously went with Leankit) have more or less disappeared. Huzzah!

What do you dislike?

It's much more intuitive than it used to be but the interface could be smoother still - some of the animations are lacking. Still no support for sprints!! There is a small issue with printing out weekly task reports: On the interface they actually highlight things according to due date/priority. Sadly this doesn't come out when you print!! Arg!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It does lack just a few features such as sprint support, easy resource allocation, timings for tasks. But having spoken to their support they're already looking at implementing these. Seeing how huge the UI update is, I can understand if they're flagging but it means there is going to be a delay before they've fully implemented these much requested features. Thankfully, they were not on our critical requirement list and Flow is cheaper than the alternative we considered (JIRA)

Project management was previously handled by leankit, we'd looked at Atlassians JIRA but this was more cost effective.

Product Designer

"Robust feature set and love the new redesign"

What do you like best?

Easily customizable interface, expansive search and sorting, interface is super easy to navigate, with a well structured IA. Easy tagging and commenting is great. Looking forward to the project timeline feature, which will be a game changer for visualizing project management, processes and deadlines

What do you dislike?

The dragging feature is not very responsive and I frequently have trouble reorganizing tasks by dragging, often accidentally dropping sub tasks in the wrong place. Notifications are not tailored enough to filter out what’s truly important and I often lose track of the notes I need to read within my catch-up feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend as a robust and flexible project management tool that can accommodate many different workflows and team needs. Great for keeping track of project timelines and assigning responsibility for deliverables.

Flow has been invaluable to keeping track of project flows, notifyig my team members regarding available deliverables, and having clear views of project roadmaps, upcoming features, and deadlines. I rely heavily on Flow to prioritize my design work on a daily basis and stay organized as far as timelines and outstanding tasks.

IT Specialist
Media Production

"For tracking projects"

What do you like best?

I like that this software is very perfect as it works even when you are away from the office. It works from anywhere and so my team and I can work on our projects easily.

It is a very simple software to use. It does not have hard configuration and it is very easy and fast to download and setup.

This software is accepted by so many operating systems and so van be setup in any depending on your preference.

If there is a software that I rely on when carrying out my projects it is flow. It is a software in which you can track the time you use for your projects here

What do you dislike?

Flow is a perfect software that works as expected so I cannot complain about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Flow is a very reliable software for it works from anywhere and is used especially when you have a project.

Useful in following up you'd projects

Using this software you can easily manage and organize your projects.

Software Developer

"Flow : effective tool for labor collaboration and task management"

What do you like best?

I like it because it goes beyond a simple ideal tool for the management of tasks or business projects since it allows labor collaboration, it is very easy and intuitive, users can upload or download files, as well as carry out assignments of projects to a team or individual and keep track of how advanced each of them is and the best thing is that if you need to keep someone out of the team updated on a particular project, you can assign them a notification status in which they can be seen only for this.

What do you dislike?

It is recommended that each user make copies of their Flow account since if there is any failure in the platform they will have a backup of the records of their activities.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Flow is so simple but very useful to manage all types of projects, which is why I recommend it to increase the group work flow.

This software is very suitable for our company because it allows us to take a better organization on the projects or tasks to which we must prioritize them because their deliveries are short term, so we do not get involved with any client and at the same time we keep our data safe and secure. each client informed about the work of our team what is important since it creates confidence and tranquility in both parties.

Project Manager

"A software for team collaboration and working"

What do you like best?

I like that this software is very easy and fast to install and very simple to configure.

Flow is also a software that is easy to integrate with other softwares such as Dropbox and slack.

This software works from anywhere so this means that I do not have to go the office sovthat I can do what I wanted.

Also Flow makes it easier to track time that I use when carrying out a project.

What do you dislike?

This software works just as it should hence I do not have any dislike towards it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is very good for project management and ensuring that the team works so well and therefore I highly encourage its use.

Ease of managing and organizing projects.

Tracking projects easprcially the time spent.

Senior Designer
Design

"Switched to Flow from Basecamp, so far so good"

What do you like best?

The biggest thing that brought us to Flow is the hierarchy of tasks. We love how you can have an overarching task and then break it down further by subtasks. Also love the Private tasks and the Catch Up features.

What do you dislike?

-When you click to Flow through an email notification, it opens the web version vs the app. Not sure if there's a way to change this?

-We've had a few bugs w/ email notifications...where people who are subscribed do not receive them

-Don't think the Kanban UI is very easy to view/use, but you have the option of List view so it's not a problem

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try out the trial, and make sure everyone's email notifications are working properly.

Project management, deadline management, and internal communication.

Social Media Specialist
Real Estate

"A great project management tool"

What do you like best?

I've worked with a lot of project management apps and tools (Trello, Basecamp, etc..) but Flow tops them all for it's simplicity yet robust functionality. It's easy to understand and gets things done.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few bugs and glitches, in particular, it's very difficult to copy and paste out of task description. Also, I would like to see more functionality in duplicating sections, not just projects, for recurring projects that contain more than one task.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Flow is great because it's versatile. If you're a Trello fan, it also allows you to create Kahban boards that are very similar. It does integrate with Slack and Google Calendar, but probably doesn't have as many integrations as other project management tools. We use this tool with 20-30 people and it works very well. You do have to commit to using it exclusively for project assignment (as opposed to e-mail) in order to get the full benefit out of this software. I don't know if there is a free trial, but I would definitely encourage you to try a demo with the Flow staff to see if this would meet your company's requirements.

The main business problem is coordinating hundreds of marketing tasks and projects happening weekly across multiple brand and campaigns. Flow has allowed us to keep everything organized, and on time, while helping to gauge bandwidth to allocate projects in an effective and efficient manner.

Reporter | Editorial Assistant

"Don't go with the Flow"

What do you like best?

It allows me to stay updated with cross-departmental projects by assigning tasks to team members that I don't always interact with

What do you dislike?

Once the task is set, the task-editing process can be quite the hassle, especially when assigning subscribers and subtasks to certain people. Many save-then-reopen-and-reedit steps are required.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool may help bring people on the same page and may help users focus on a timeline, but overall, I believe there are many slight tweaks required for the user experience to be where it needs to.

Flow allows me to wrangle people from many different departments to focus on one task.

Project Manager
Civic & Social Organization

"Flow planning"

What do you like best?

Flow has helped my company to create and automate workflows and task across multiple services, its also cloud based therefore easy to access. Its the easiest way to manage project,track tasks and also to balance workflow.

What do you dislike?

The only downside my company has experienced is on poor user interface, its easy to get lost especially when you are a new user. Also it does not promote color codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Flow software is the most important factor to consider when trying to began entire team on board. Therefore I highly recommend flow.

Flow saves time, which in my opinion is the most benefit there is,it allows me to focus on what am good at.

Operations Manager
Environmental Services

"Flow is a project management game changer"

What do you like best?

Their layout is really simple and easy to look at. You can use it to assign tasks keep track of due dates, etc

What do you dislike?

There are almost too many different ways to sort and view all of the data inside. Sometimes the desktop app is glitchy

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are so many different ways to set up your projects and teams, try it out several different ways

Project management is much more under control since we started using flow.

Creative Director + Strategist, UX/UI/Experience Designer, Senior Consultant
Design

"Simple, Beautiful Task Management"

What do you like best?

Flow is the first (and only) task management application that I've ever had teams actually use (and like). It's extremely simple, well-organized and packs just enough punch to get the job done without bloat or a visually distracting interface.

It works on all platforms, has great support and is always improving.

What do you dislike?

It would be neat to be able to map tasks/activities visually (Gantt).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it. It's seriously great.

It's worth thinking about where it will fit in with your existing tools, however. Flow supports file uploads and often it's very helpful to have files associated with comments/tasks. But, if you choose to do this, make sure it's agreed upon amongst the team. Without that policy in place, you'll have some files in Flow, some in Dropbox, some in Drive, etc.

Flow makes it easy to delegate tasks to anyone and track their progress over time. For example, I can assign a task to Tom (UX Designer). He can chime in and then delegate the task to Sarah (Visual Designer). She can chime in and delegate it to Caitlin (Information Architect). All of this happens in the same thread and all comments/files/date changes/etc. are very easy to follow.

Flow is the best tool I've found to see who's working on what, when it will be done and what's happening with it at any given moment.

"Easy Task Management System"

What do you like best?

The ability to have one main project with numerous subtasks and being able to easily assign the task to a user and date.

What do you dislike?

Flow recently had an update and the project section became a little more difficult to navigate and the exporting of tasks was also more hidden and not available at all levels of projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't over complicate the project and to be sure all users understand the importance of a task/project manager.

Being able to clearly see due dates and everyone's tasks with the ability to chat within and @ members in regards to specific tasks. Also, being able to upload any specific assets to a task and being able to look at the history and easily find those assets per project.

IT Architect

"Great for small teams"

What do you like best?

We use Flow for a task manager and reminder for recurring tasks. So far it's been fast to learn and easy to use.

It has a simple interface with just the essentials.

It makes it easy for us to remember to follow up and lets each team member see which tasks are currently being worked on.

The phone app is one of the best I've seen, you can do every task on it quickly.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if we could integrate flow with our help-desk tool SAManage, they complement each other well.

The dashboard could be improved a bit, it's almost too simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a free trial, try it out. Try the phone app.

If you have a simple need, this is the tool. If you want more functionality, this might not be it.

We are a small team who collaborates with superusers in Europe, US and Asia. We needed a simple tool with a fast learning curve, to make sure everyone could keep track of which tasks were being worked on and when.

IT Supporter

"Part of our daily work routine"

What do you like best?

For our small team, flow has been an invaluable tool for organizing and prioritizing tasks. I use flow daily to keep on track of my tasks, and the smartphone app is extremely easy and intuitive to use. You can tag and comment on various tasks, and set them to repeat. Being able to communicate with your coworkers is extremely useful.

What do you dislike?

The chat function, while welcome, feels disjointed. It would be nice if it complemented the tasks better. It would be really great if we could use it together with our helpdesk software. Perhaps do some automation between it and Flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the app. It's incredibly satisfying and easy to add or tick off tasks in it. Also make sure to customize the reporting function. The daily report is a great start on the day, reminding you what is pending.

We needed a simple tool to keep track of our tasks and ensure everything was done in a timely manner.

Director of IT / VP of Global IT

"Excellent team task manager"

What do you like best?

Flow is excellent for a team to manage reoccurring tasks. The UI is intuitive and easy to use.

It does what it does excellent. The mobile interface is really slim and intuitive, allowing your users to quickly check and input tasks on the go.

As a manager, flow lets me quickly get an overview of pending tasks and whether my employees have completed recurring tasks. It also easily lets me reassign tasks to other employees in case of sickness.

What do you dislike?

Flow is a little light. It does task management very well, but the communication features are a bit clunky. It'd be better if it could integrate slack or another more well developed tool. Integrations with our helpdesk tool would also be a great benefit, as we currently have to run it independently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your just need easy task management. Flow is excellent. It does it fast and easy, and the mobile interface makes it so you can do it on the go. However that is really all it does. So make sure you have your needs clarified before trying it.

Our company suffers from access to too many productivity tools and too little coordination driving them. Many of these tools will be feature heavy and specialized in different directions. We needed a tool that let managers assign tasks, and follow up if they were completed, nothing less and nothing more. Flow allowed us to do that with little user education.

"Flow Review"

What do you like best?

Its the best Project and task management software to be used within the teams, Its very flexible and easy to use software. helps in collaborating work and teams.from technical perspective it helps in integrations and APIs. great tool for resource management also.

What do you dislike?

Its little expensive and when used in bigger teams it confuses the team members.integrating various APIs, is a problem as it doesn't support all environment and support for it is little time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It greatly helps in marketing management and creative ideas building with in the team., can manage finance, marketing and sales team at single point.

Project Management, Team management, Resource Management, Integrations and APIs list, application management,marketing expenses management .

Management Analyst

"Awesome tool for project managers. "

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive the software is. This is my go to tool to help me with managing projects across departments. This helps me organize work, manage deadlines, and communicate to stakeholders. All of this is done in an attractive and easy to use format.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see greater integrating with outside software. The software, like any, can be a difficult culture change to adopt.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am using flow on my own. This is not an organization wide effort. That would be much more beneficial.

Breaking down barriers within the organization and managing my projects more efficiently.

Co-Founder/Publicity Executive
Civic & Social Organization

"The simplest task manager and team communication tool"

What do you like best?

Clean design, simple user interface, easy-to-use calendars

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Flow – it is a very well designed product with no flaws in my uses

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of their free trial and see how easy it is to use Flow! If you have trouble with the software, the support team is great!

Team communication – time saved by using Flow

Team chat, project organization,

"Project Management keep Flowing with Flow for 24/7/12"

What do you like best?

As Team Lead Manager, it is my responsibility to ensure that project and task management ia at top notch. That is why I decided to implement Flow.

Flow has simple deployment architecture that does not require intervention of tgird party consultants.

Flow is offered at a favorable cost estimation unlike other project management platforms.

What do you dislike?

I have totally nothing that I dislike about Flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, but it is wise to know its capabilities before deploying it.

Collaborative project planning.

Project budgeting.

Risk analysis.

"Suitable for managing projects"

What do you like best?

The visual interface of Flow is clean and intuitive. It is ideal for handling tasks, has the essential characteristics to progress quickly in the execution of any project. It is easy to organize tasks by categories, add notes in the calendar, and view project status at a glance.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say anything negative because it's a really useful software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Suitable for any work team.

It helps us to be more efficient and productive, it is a great tool to manage projects seamlessly.

Flow Features

• Task Creation and Assignment
  • Due Dates
  • Task Prioritization
  • To-Do Lists
  • Collaborative Project Planning
  • Comments

Flow User Ratings

8.9