BuzzSumo Reviews & Product Details

What is BuzzSumo?

BuzzSumo analyzes hundreds of millions of pieces of content, making comprehensive and robust data accessible to businesses of all sizes. We provide insight into what content is working, why, and which influencers can amplify it.

BuzzSumo Screenshots

BuzzSumo Reviews

1-50 of 64 total BuzzSumo reviews
Bachelor of Business Administration

"amazing product"

What do you like best?

I like that you can analyze in different ways by web or keyword, you can look at what is shared, what is being talked about now, backlink studies (domain studies), content analyzer, Facebook analyzer and also a question analyzer It is a tool to compare web pages, what they share, their share in the market, similar domains. Basically it allows to make a study of the evolution of a web page, comparing two or also of a word. It allows to look for the subjects, words or domains more spread in the network. You can refine the search based on time.

What do you dislike?

If you want to perform a search for more than 6 months it is not possible

At the moment, it does not have a filter by language or country.

Although they are contained in different languages ​​Buzzsumo is focused on content in English.

Because they are working to improve the platform and make a pro version with more features we can see constant updates or some failures.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool helped us to know in which web pages our link appears. The number of backlinks is the amount of a web page that link to another page through a link. it was important to have backlinks because it is synonymous with importance that helps us to have better for web positioning and get backlinks in good pages that many in not very well known pages

We found people or brands with accounts within the social networks that helped us generate information on a specific issue that created credibility and positioning in the contents we share, having a greater scope due to the number of its followers.

we can discover the influencers that have shared a specific article, find the most relevant influencers within a category, sort by SEO metrics such as Page Authority or Page Rank, Sort by Social Media metrics as the frequency of their retweets and number of followers , each search can be exported and / or saved in CSV or Excel format, it is also possible to sort the results according to the social network that interests you the most,will help you to have the ability to analyze the competition.

Search Engnine Optimizer

"Article writing tool"

What do you like best?

- The ability to quickly identify what content is working well in an industry

- Easy to use interface

- There is a trial version

- There are notifications about publications

- Advanced filtering

- Data export

- Open application programming interface

- Personalized Dashboard

- Ability to filter results by domain zone

- Ability to filter results by language. The ability to quickly identify what content is working well in an region

What do you dislike?

- Expensive price

- No data from the social network Linkedin

- No data from the social network OK.ru

- No data from the social network VK

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend using this tool for research content. You can search for keywords and quickly identify content that's performing well in a niche or with an audience.

BuzzSumo is a great tool for brainstorming content ideas. The main business problems for which I am using Buzzsumo is research content.

I use Buzzsumo when I create new articles that I want to rank high in the TOP 10 of Google SEPR.

For this, I need to write really useful content. This means that I need to conduct a research topic. Using Buzzsumo I search for the most popular articles. Next, I read these articles and comments. So I research the topic.

Using Buzzsumo, I create user-friendly content and increase the number of content reposts, if I update the content on the site, which affects the loyalty to the site.

Digital Marketing Manager

"Buzzsumo is awesome tool for writing content and connect with the influencers"

What do you like best?

I have recently started using the Buzzsumo and I am really impressed with this tool as it helps me to find best performing topics in my niche. Using this tool, I have been able to develop some great content for my website. Also this tool helps me to find top influencers active in my industry and I can connect with them easily.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with this tool. This tool works best for me

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a reasonable priced content analyzer and influencers finding tool then I'd recommend this tool

This tool is helping me to research best content topics of my industry that saves my time and bring more visitors to my website. Also this tool is best for finding influencers and connect with them

SEO Program Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Great for evaluating your own site and for finding experts/influencers"

What do you like best?

BuzzSumo is amazing. I love the "influencer" feature that allows me to find leading voices on any topic. I love the ability to see and download everything that has been shared on my (or any) site in the last year. This helps clients understand how their content marketing programs are or are not working. I also love the site comparison feature, showing you shat types and lengths of content on sites get shared the most.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I don't like about BuzzSumo. It provides a totally unique service at a very reasonable price.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't recommend BuzzSumo highly enough. if you're spending money on content marketing and social media, this is a must have product for the money.

I use BuzzSumo in two ways:

1) I use it to evaluate the health of content marketing programs for my clients and competitors. How much of our content is being shared on social media? What percentage of pages? What topics and content types are shared the most? BuzzSumo tells e all of this.

It also allows me to do research: has this topic been written about a thousand times already? What are the most popular articles about this topic?

2) I also use BuzzSumo for finding influencers . This product has been invaluable to me in finding people to interview for articles. People who have a following and can help improve the likelihood of my content being shared and discovered.

Graphic Designer
Graphic Design

"Buzzsumo is great content marketing tool & find influencer in your niche"

What do you like best?

I have been using this tool for sometime and I am really impressed with this tool. This tool helps me to find out the best topics for content writing and also find the influencer in my niche. Using this tool, we have started ranking for important topics and also build relationship with influencrs

What do you dislike?

I am satisfied with this tool performance and have no issue with this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for content research and influencer finding tool then use this tool

This tool is helping us to find popular content topics to write blogs and also build relationship with influencers. This helps us to build backlinks and content collaboration with influencers

Social Media Manager

"Buzzsumo is great tool for listening across the web"

What do you like best?

This tool is great because it helps me to track all important topics and conversations around the web. Using this tool, I can find important topics and develop content around it. Also I can find the influencers using this tool and make relationship with them. Moreover, this tool is reasonably priced and I can easily afford it

What do you dislike?

This tool is great and I don't have any problem with this tool as of now

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for great tool for outreach and discover content topics then you should use this tool

This tool helps me to discover great content topics for my website and clients. This tool helps me to find backlink opportunities and brand mentions.

Content Specialist

"Buzzsumo review"

What do you like best?

Buzzsumo is best tool to find the trending topics on internet related to my niche. Moreover, the influencer feature of this tool helps me find the influencer and get connected with them. Also, using this tool, I can write better content and get rank higher & increased my website traffic

What do you dislike?

This tool fulfills all my requirement and I have nothing against this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a tool to build relationship with influencer then you should use this tool

This tool helps me to discover best content topics for my website and rank above than my competitors and build relationship with influencer

Graphic Designer

"Buzzsumo review"

What do you like best?

This tool is an excellent tool for finding influencer on various social media platform. Moreover, I can discover the best performing content on social media and it helps me develop great content for my website and help me gain more traffic

What do you dislike?

I did not come across any significant flaws in this tool

This tool is helping us to get connected with influencer's or experts in our niche. Moreover, this tool does help me to discover high performing content across the internet and also let me know how many peoples are interacting with our content

Full Stack Marketer

"Buzzsumo - Helps me find Hot Topics for my Niche"

What do you like best?

What I loved the most about Buzzsumo is that it's so easy to use. Just enter any topic or keyword into the list and it will immediately provide you with a list of articles and topics that have worked well for that topic in terms of engagement and shares. This is important when doing keyword and competitive research. I know that there are other tools out there that can do this, but this is where Buzzsumo excels. After finding the list of topics that are getting top shares, you'll also be able to check who shared this article and you could reach out to them via twitter. Definitely a wonderful tool for research and outreach.

What do you dislike?

Buzzsumo is great at looking at the social shares and engagement of particular topics, but it doesn't do well in backlink analysis. Backlink analysis is done much better in other tools and softwares available in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth trying! What I really liked about this tool is that it's so easy to use. You can quickly check keywords and topics in the search box and get results in an instant. There is a little bit of learning curve but you will be able to get up to speed in using it in no time.

I was able to find the best products and opportunities for my niche by looking at the best topics to write about. This has helped me save time and resources in allocating where I spend my content writing efforts.

Paid Media Coordinator

"Fantastic Content Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to search for relevant and trending content and topics which can act as a pivotal part of your marketing research for creating content online - you can also see what content is being shared the most via channel which is also helpful and what content type, allowing you to further refine your content strategy and online marketing efforts. Allows you to also search for influencers based on keywords and industries and see their social following - allowing you to amplify your content and start forming relationships, the list tool on Buzzsumo is really helpful in segmenting your influencers. In addition influencers and finding relevant content, you can use the insight to improve your website performance, especially with your blog and attracting links from the influencers you have identified.

What do you dislike?

The cost is very expensive, especially for freelancers like me!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a more holistic tool to content marketing and improving your influencer strategy - then Buzzsumo is one of the best tools out there.

I have been able to find what content is relevant to my product/service, industry or niche and finding the relevant influencers to amplify my efforts. I have been able to increase my organic reach on all social platforms as well, as well as increasing my SERPs through high-quality backlinking - although this requires a long-term approach.

Founder & CEO

"One of the Best Content Marketing Tools in the Market"

What do you like best?

Essentially a content marketing tool, Buzzsumo allows you to search for the most popular/shared content online for any given topic. The pro version of the tool allows you to see who has shared the content online and filter by type (such as influencers and brands) and location.

A nifty feature if you’re planning to create similar (better) content online and then do an email outreach to promote your content. If you’re a fan of Brian Dean and his skyscraper technique, then Buzzsumo is the tool you should subscribe to right away in order to successfully implement skyscraper technique and get high quality backlinks.

When combined with a blogger outreach tool like the next one on my list, Buzzsumo is a must-have tool to rank high in search engines.

What do you dislike?

It could be cheaper. $99/month is way too expensive!

I write 2-3 blog posts a week for my own blogs and at least 1 blog post/week for each of my agency clients. I use Buzzsumo to see what's trending for any given topic. I also use it to fetch high-quality backlinks via influencer marketing.

Social Senior Analyst, Analytics & Data Insights

"Adds great value to any report and is very inexpensive "

What do you like best?

Easy to use for any level, from hardcore analyst to intern. It quickly provides PR and social data as well as trend analysis based on Facebook data. Great to identify insights around owned and earned content for any brand, topics, corporate.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't really like about this product. It would be great to have more visibility and influence of their products roadmap and help them develop new features based on marketing needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for Facebook and PR data!

It's great to connect the dots when reporting for social media campaigns. I can finally report on media amplification from a social perspective and by setting up the alert emails I've been able to identify communication crisis sooner than my clients or any other social listening tool.

"Great tool for listening across the web"

What do you like best?

I really like the automated emails that I get from BuzzSumo that give me a look into the social sharing of content from our site or from content that we are mentioned it. The best part is that it lets me know if there is a link back - this has allowed me to reach out to bloggers/vendors and ask for a link back! The system is also super easy to use with all of the bells and whistles it has. I can easily do social listening, influencer tracking, and see what content of mine is performing the best. It is a truly powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes about BuzzSumo. It does take a little bit to look through all of the results it gives you and sometimes doesn't explain why something or someone is more important than the next.

BuzzSumo helps me to listen socially, track and find influencers, look at what content of mine is performing the best and is most widely shared, and keep track of brand mentions. As I said above, it is a very powerful tool.

Communications Intern
Hospital & Health Care
(10,001+ employees)

"BuzzSumo helps social media marketers"

What do you like best?

I love that BuzzSumo gives my company the ability to track word and topic trends. This software makes it easy for us to see what is being said online through articles and forums. It helps us figure out what areas to focus on and gives us a good analysis to dive deeper into our research.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if you don't filter properly it glitches and brings up irrelevant articles.

We preform a lot of our initial research through BuzzSumo because it helps us grab an overall understanding of what is being talked about in a specific area.

Content Marketing Strategist
(Myself Only)

"A must have for content marketers and writers"

What do you like best?

I use Buzzsumo for a variety of things. One of my favorite use cases has become when I want to supplement a piece I'm writing with quotes or articles from other thought leaders in the space. I plug some keywords in Buzzsumo and can immediately surface the most shared articles on that topic--big time saver.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. It's a great tool that I use nearly every time I write anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an unusual mix of features and at first it can be tough to see how it fits into the tools you're already using. The good thing is they deliver a lot of value at no cost. I started using it to get a feel for the social traction of keywords I wanted to pursue...eventually paying for the whole suite of features just made sense.

-- finding great content to supplement what I'm writing

-- tracking brand mentions & backlinks

-- monitoring who is sharing content I've written

SEO Program Manager

"Fantastic for idea mining and understanding what performs and doesn't in the content space"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can put any topic in and I automatically get a list of content that has performed well in the social space, can organize it by time to ensure seasonality is not impacting the findings and even by type of content. This can even help me figure out which type of content does better overall and decide on how I budget for which content throughout the year. I really like the trending now section as well - very entertaining. I also use the url alerts that I get via email every single time someone links to our site - great for staying on top of your link building campaign. The influencer section is also very interesting as well.

What do you dislike?

In the influencer section there is a filter called "regular people" - what the heck is this? I really wish they would give information on how they are deciding who is a journalist vs influencer and so fourth - seems a little random without explanation. Also I have no idea if a post was boosted and that could sway my perception of what I think did well when in reality maybe it only did well because a lot of funds were put behind the post.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For content marketing - this is the industry standard.

I am trying to understand what kind of content we need to produce by analyzing past information from our competitors as well as our own - as well at the type of topics that seem to resonate.

"Buzzsumo is great for staying up to date on popular topics"

What do you like best?

I love being able to use filtering tools and search queries to quickly find trending articles, then being able to find who exactly is sharing these articles to compile an outreach list for client marketing.

What do you dislike?

A lot to be desired from the backlink intelligence data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! The data you can pull out of Buzzsumo in 5 minutes is amazing. Saves my agency a lot of time when researching subject matter for future posts and finding influential users.

Content creation, curation and outreach list building.

Founder

"Must-have for content research & distribution"

What do you like best?

I use BuzzSumo for researching content topics, analyzing the competition and identifying outreach and backlinking opportunities. It's an integral part of the content marketing process here at Grizzle, both for internal use as well as clients.

What do you dislike?

Awesome influencer tools, but would love for it to go more in-depth. An influencer map that identifies networks of thought leaders, and who "influences" them for example. There are other tools for this, but having more granular insight via BuzzSumo would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the trial a go. Use it for content research and outreach first. You'll find that identifying marketing outreach opportunities becomes much easier. Will need to use alongside Hunter.io to identify email addresses.

Outreach, influencer marketing, content research, SEO

"Best way to find influencers in your niche"

What do you like best?

The ease of search in the "Find Influencers" section, and the breadth of results you get each time you search.

What do you dislike?

That the search results are limited to searching in Twitter bios. Also, wish I could easily de-dupe searches (I know this is probably impossible). Finally, would love to be able to sort by country, and not just city location.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great to pul down great, big lists of Twitter users.

We're finding a boatload of potential new users for our influencer marketplace.

Content Strategist

"Awesome tool for content marketing inspiration/analytics and competitive research."

What do you like best?

-The content analysis tool is great for tracking performance and competitor research.

-The mentions tool is perfect for monitoring online presence.

-Most shared content tool is great for finding inspiration and trending topics.

What do you dislike?

-Search history maximum is 1 year, but they're changing that to include all-time results soon. That will certainly increase the value of this platform.

-Link analytics accuracy is limited, there are better programs out there than majestic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a holistic tool for content marketing research and analytics, then look no further.

-Trending content R&D

-Competitor benchmarking

-Monitoring mentions

-Social analytics

Digital Marketing Manager

"Know the trends and the trendsetters"

What do you like best?

Accurate

Has lots of filtering options

Features all the major social networks

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything yet.

I wish they were more upfront and informative about all the different things we can do with the software. I'm 100% sure i don't know about all the possibilities of Buzzsumo and not using it to its full potential.

Identify trendy topics and content

Identify the different industry pain point

Identify the platforms that have the most sharing

Content Marketer
Security and Investigations

"Nearly-Flawless Keyword Monitoring and Influencer-Finding Tool"

What do you like best?

BuzzSumo is the best platform in my bag of marketing tricks.

I use it to monitor mentions of relevant keywords and branded terms on the web. As a content marketer, this helps me find relevant content to share, link to, and be inspired by. I can also contact the authors and see if they're interested in writing content for us.

I also use it to find influencers who can share content after we produce it. BuzzSumo has an excellent tool for monitoring Twitter for the best influencers in a specific industry. You can then create a list of influencers so you know who to reach out to after you create your badass content.

What do you dislike?

Some BuzzSumo tool aren't as robust as others. For instance, the monitoring and influencer tool is fully built out but other sections are still trying to reach that level of excellence. But really, it's hard to "dislike" this because at least the company is shipping new tools.

- We now have full control over managing brand mentions all across the web

- We can now identify key content and influencers in our niche industry

- We can quickly produce a backlink report

Co-Founder

"This tool is unreal!"

What do you like best?

How much you can learn from the data provided. E.g. looking at content that is getting a lot of shares online and coming up with new content ideas based on those. I also love the social listening side of the tool.

What do you dislike?

Feels a tad expensive, other than that its awesome!

Ensuring I get alerted when anyone mentions me online anywhere.

Accounting Specialist

"BuzzSumo reviews "

What do you like best?

So easy to find influencers for organizing an event in a remote city. You are able to to see the influencers' response rate and their content sharing rate.

What do you dislike?

the price. It is really expensive to get the pro version.

Finding influencers within a certain following range. Also it helps find what content is trending which helps with blog posts and content creation.

"LOVE Buzzsumo"

What do you like best?

It let's me see what my competitors are doing and helps me create content that's most relevant in my niche

What do you dislike?

Can only do a couple searches at a time before you reach the max

knowing how to phrase copy with things that are trending on social

"Brilliant"

What do you like best?

Had held off using the tool initially due to the cost. Seemed good, but...

Then I bought a subscription and started using it.

Wow - now I totally see the value and do not see how anyone could think of doing without this tool if they're digital marketing. It's not a cost - it's an investment in being a better marketer.

BuzzSumo has also allowed me to experiment and discover new ways of reaching target audiences.

Really like that if I find an article I can type in the URL and very often get share stats for that particular article even if it doesn't show in the standard search results for a given topic.

What do you dislike?

complete restrictions of some functions on base account. Be happier with limited usage rather than no usage. Like much of the rest of the tool, I didn't see the value of it until I used it. There's only so much you can play with & understand in a 2 week trial. Alternatively, temporary uplifts - buy X uses of this higher subscription service. Would allow me to manage my budget with my activity.

get frustrated sometimes on the keywords I choose. I know there's content out there on the topic (can "google it"), but the tool says nothing found. Not sure why -

would like tools for FB similar to the twitter tools (influencers, sharers, etc) - there may well be technical reasons why not.

proven content research, competitive research, publisher research,

Marketing Manager

"Fantastic tool to improve content marketing efforts!"

What do you like best?

BuzzSumo has been a great way for our team to stay on top of our competitors' content and PR mentions. It helps us plan out our editorial calendar and identify publications we should be targeting with our content.

What do you dislike?

I wish the trending filters could be a little more customized.

We are able to stay on top of our own content marketing efforts while also keeping tabs on competitors.

UE

"great for building influencer lists"

What do you like best?

I like that I can build influencer lists and share them with other members of my team. I like that I can search and build influencer lists based on keywords present in their social media handles.

What do you dislike?

After I've added someone to a list, they still show up in my results. although they show up as already added to a group, I just wish they weren't shown at all.

trying to build influencer lists for our content team to do outreach. this tool was really helpful in making influencer list building fast, and easily shareable with other members of the team.

Co-Founder

"The ultimate tool for doing research before you write content"

What do you like best?

It's second to none when it comes to researching what topics and styles of writing are the most shareable online.

What do you dislike?

It's a little pricey when you compare it to Ahrefs, which has a similar tool but also has a lot of SEO and keyword research value for the same price.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out Ahrefs too. If you have the budget and don't care about SEO, go with Buzzsumo.

I'm solving the problem of being able to provide evidence-based marketing; I want to know the answers to the test before I take it. Buzzsumo helps find gaps in the content that's already out there, or validates my assumptions that certain kinds of content work better than others.

"Social media analytics that works!"

What do you like best?

It lets marketers analyze the best performing content in any industry cause it identifies the most shared content for a specific topic, author or domain. Absolutely, a great resource to keep track of competitors and discover key influencers in your business field.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to filter out news sites and focus on contents that are commonly shared between less important influencers.

Social media analytics strongly improved with the use of this tool. Competitors can be analyzed faster and prospects are closer to your business.