Avature Reviews & Product Details

What is Avature?

Avature is a highly flexible enterprise SaaS platform for Global Talent Acquisition and Talent Management, and the leading global provider of CRM for recruiting. Founded by Dimitri Boylan, co-founder and former CEO of HotJobs.com, Avature brings commercial internet technology and innovation to recruiting, onboarding, internal mobility and performance challenges. Avature’s vision is to support strategic HR initiatives by introducing a consumer web quality platform that can be customized quickly and easily by their customers - allowing them to design and implement innovative programs to compete for and retain talented people. Their technology focuses on engagement and is designed to enable end-to-end service delivery to stakeholders and to contribute to the digital transformation of the enterprise. Used in a 100 countries and 17 languages, Avature has over 650 customers of which 110 are Fortune 500 organizations. Avature delivers its private cloud services from data centers in the US, Europe, and Asia, and has offices in Buenos Aires, Charlotte, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Munich, New York, Singapore, and Shenzhen. Avature solutions include: - Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) - Applicant Tracking System (ATS) - Campus Recruiting - Recruiting Events Management - Employee Referral - Contingent Workforce Management - Staffing Agency Management - Retail Recruiting - Onboarding - Employee Internal Mobility - Performance Management - Succession Planning - Employee Social Hub

Avature Screenshots

Avature Profile Details

Avature Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
Avature

1-25 of 35 total Avature reviews

Avature Reviews

1-25 of 35 total Avature reviews
Seniot Talent Acquisition Manager

"Sort of an overly complicated candidate data base"

What do you like best?

I like that you can pull candidate profiles directly from LinkedIn. they go straight into the requisition that you are recruiting for. Also, You can upload multiple candidates into the system by using a few features. My personal favorite is the email/dropbox feature. You can designate which req, category, and any other classifications for multiple profiles.

What do you dislike?

It has a huge learning curve and the platform is not very intuitive. A lot of my coworkers struggled with it at first. You also have to make sure you're trained on including all necessary data, or the reporting function will state that you have made no progress. For example, you can mark a candidate as phone screened, but if you do not log the phone call itself in the outreach column it will not show on the report.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you complete all training involved. It is complicated and I am constantly learning new features

Senior Technical Recruiter
(Myself Only)

"Sort of like The Weasley House in the Harry Potter books. "

What do you like best?

Avature has some very strong modules. As an example, one can move a candidate from one req to another fairly easily. The underlying base of Avature is solid...candidate movement within a requisition is solid as well, one of the few intuitive functionalities that exist in the system.

What do you dislike?

How large are the G2 servers? Because the list is exhaustive.

1. While the report-writer attempts to be user-friendly, the learning curve is fairly steep. The function is not intuitive.

2. I've worked with Avature on and off since 2005 or so. NOT ONE of the versions has been intuitive. In some of the versions, the UX/UI was more like the make-up job on Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze, and John Leguizamo in "To Wong Foo With Love...."--basically covering up the "green-screen" underpinnings. Later iterations were better, to be sure, however, the continued kludgy linking to MS Office Suite products continued.

3. Trying to search from within Avature--I finally gave up. Somehow, to use another movie reference, my seach string got "Lost In Translation" and the results just were off.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think very carefully about Avature. There are some very robust modules. The question to ask is whether those functionalities tip the scales from the negatives on the kludgy ones...

At the time I trialed it for Spherion, and later when I used it at other RPOs, Avature was what was the best thing after sliced bread. Now...not so much. Early on the benefits were...well...it was the only game in town for smaller and for RPOs.

As the market for ATS/CRMs grew, Avature became third tier.

Executive Vice President

"Still the Best."

What do you like best?

The product continues to perform and evolve. The Avature team have kept a strong focus on their client base and core competencies, while continuing to improve and innovate. They listen to and legitimately care about their customers. I think this really helps them with their product roadmap and it certainly makes them easy and attractive to work with.

What do you dislike?

There are discrete capabilities related to recruitment marketing that they continue to evolve and they've had their growing pains, but you simply can't be all things to all people and every provider struggles to keep pace with growth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend the time with them to really understand all the features. I hear a lot of people comparing notes about the tool and discovering functionality that is under-utilized. This is common with SW, of course, but there are real benefits to maximizing how you use the product.

We use both the CRM and ATS products. Being able to automate and adjust search strategies is critical to us, as is the ability to easily search for and correspond with sourced and applied candidates. Finding and engaging large and diverse pools of talent is very important to us and Avature makes it easy.

Manager, Talent Acquisition Operations

"Big Avature Fan!"

What do you like best?

I love the customization Avature provides. No matter what situation you have, there is a way to configure Avature for what you need. I also love the reporting feature that lets you take a report that captures real time data from the system and export it to an excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet can be refreshed so that even non-Avature users can have real time data. The dynamic reports are fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Offer letters are hard to manage. We often have one-off paragraphs the we need to add to offers letters and the way the letters are set up, it is not easy to accommodate. This would be solved if they were able to create offer letters in word instead of PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know your must haves and your nice to haves. Make sure you tell Avature what you need so they can demonstrate how their system can do it.

We have implemented several of Avature's modules: ATS, Internal/Referral portal, Hiring Manager Portal, Agency Portal, and Campus & Events, Through these portals we have gained better insights and have been about the streamline our processes.

Operations
Hospital & Health Care

"Great CRM"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and having the ability for a shared data model

What do you dislike?

The cost of the product causes some heartburn. I would like to see the yearly cost be switched with the one time implementation costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are like me and need to see a document in order to understand how the product works then prepare yourself that this doesn't exist. Avature can be exactly what you want it to be so you basically are creating off a blank slate. It took me a couple of months to come to terms with this but once I did I have been able to create whatever I need to and have no real constraints.

Reporting workflow tracking, marketing engagement, automation of tasks. My recruitment coordinators have had great success and reduced turnaround times by having automated emails to candidates for form completion and task assignments. We are three months into utilization so are still working out the pipeline and dashboard reports but this has been greatly improved over the last CRM that provided no automation.

Senior Technology Support Specialist

"Comprehensive, easy-to-use platform"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the platform. I can make changes on the fly and have the system up and running for a client in less than a week in some cases. I find the UI very intuitive and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Probably my only real desire would be to have a more robust report writing tool, right out of the box. I have not had any experience with the Report Builder yet, so that might change my mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lean on the implementation team to help you get all you can out of the system. They are great with coming up with solutions for all of your needs and wants. I have worked with many of the consultants over the last three years and they are all well-versed in the platform and are able to think outside the box when necessary. The sales team is second to none.

We are able to get a our recruiting teams up and running quickly, and with little guidance as the platform is easy to learn. For us, Avature is a great sourcing tool that let's us build up pipelines of candidates that would otherwise prove difficult.

(10,001+ employees)

"Avature Makes Candidate Management Easy"

What do you like best?

Avature in its entirety gives us the ability to meet students when they are Freshman and record every interaction we have with them until the graduate - this is extremely helpful for us as we like to identify potential candidates early in their student career. Being able to have students sign in at events to know what they have attended is also very useful.

What do you dislike?

I would suggest adding a feature for a student to take a picture and add it to their profile on the spot - it would be an extremely useful tool to help the recruiter remember students. Other than that, I'm not a huge fan of the way the menu is set up - having the last visited pages populate a list on the side seems sloppy and distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While Avature has great features and those features absolutely make this software worth implementing, be prepared to take a good chunk of time customizing it to your companies needs.

We are able to meet students on campus early in their career as a student and track the ways that we interact with them over a long period of time - this helps us to identify talent early and maintain contact with them. There's a huge benefit to the company when there is turnover in recruiting staff because the new recruiters can continue to interact with students identified early on. We also use Avature to streamline our event management process with candidates as well as the interview paperwork and scheduling process. Having Avature host all of our recruiting needs in one place makes it so easy on our company.

Senior Vice President - RPO
Human Resources

"Avature CRM & Event Management "

What do you like best?

Avature product is very configurable and enables great measureable value in a global solution.

What do you dislike?

The need for clients to learn how the system works to really get the maximum value through the implementation phase. Avature have great solution consultants that know the product very well but when the rubber hits the road its down to the client to define the need and when they may not fully understand the product, (you don't know what you don't know) there is a risk that the end configuration is not fully optimised.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A leading product with robust case studies and they listen to the customer.

We are aiming to improve recruitment brand position, drive a consistent quality of candidate experience with a segmented process to meet the needs of junior through to exec hires.

HR Generalist

"Avature ATS"

What do you like best?

High configurability, user-friendly and great customer service. It's nice to be able to create and upload workflows on your own rather than having to reach out to technical support each time.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could search in datasets. We have some datasets that have thousands of pages and I usually have to sort and then try to find what I'm looking for. However, these are typically managed by an integration and tend to only be one-off circumstances.

More automated and efficient process, and better candidate experience. The recruiters can spend more time recruiting and less time focusing on the administrative piece.

US

"Good ATS with nice features"

What do you like best?

We implemented Avature for the internal recruiting team a couple years ago. They had good customer support and helped ensure a (fairly) smooth transition. Avature has a lot of solid features - including creating new profiles in their system straight from a profile/resume online. Good automation functionality as well, and customizable.

What do you dislike?

Because it's robust, there is a lot you can do but might not know how to do. It takes some solid time/effort to learn and utilize it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go in with a list of all the features you are interested in, and ask them to show how it will work in Avature, but also be open to the possibility that you can improve your process.

ATS and CRM - we not only used as ATS, but also got our Orientation/Learning team integrated, so onboarding was more seamless.

UK Resourcing Manager
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"Everything I want from a CRM"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, Avature team listen to what is said and act on things quickly. Drop box feature is always a firm favourite. And the ability to change workflows to suit our needs.

What do you dislike?

Minor gripe would be no group chat in the chat function. However there is not a lot I can moan about/.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

don't be restricted by what you do currently, think about what would be your perfect state as it's likely Avature can do it!

Multiple. We use the product for recruitment processes that are not "normal". Such as franchise recruits where there is a long process.

Corporate Recruiter

"Avature for the Win"

What do you like best?

Avature is very customizable and the workflows make the system very user friendly. The job and people lists are great for data reporting and the candidate profiles have a great format.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few small kinks in the programming, but they seem to be resolving over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is wonderful - especially the fact that you can customize so many things!

Definitely ability to track candidates and progress of reqs, Avature makes visibility to hiring managers strong which was definitely lacking prior to implementing Avature.

Senior Talent Acquisition Sourcer
(10,001+ employees)

"Avature a great product"

What do you like best?

I really like the search features and the tagging. We use it for sourcing so it has a lot of great features that work for our group.

What do you dislike?

The candidate search at times can be very challenging but they seem to have fixed that with the latest update.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When I see this product in motion I see the complete use of a tool that really does what you need.

We are trying to share candidates and the process of attraction to said candidates through Avature. So mainly team collaboration and personal searches for the right candidates.

"I use Avature on a daily basis for our ATS and our Campus and Events portal."

What do you like best?

I love that Avature allows users to customize the ATS based on user need. With Avature, each member of my team has the ability to build custom reports for our recruitment needs and can modify/remove fields as needed. This saves our team so much time while also providing real-time data from the system. I also love using the "Advanced Search" feature to help pipeline and source for our team.

What do you dislike?

When I initially started using Avature, I was a bit overwhelmed and felt it wasn't the most user friendly for a new user. That being said, with detailed training and time spent exploring the system, I quickly got up to speed and was able to integrate it into my everyday routine.

For me personally, I've love using Avature for our Campus & Events portal to solve the problem of how best to capture contacts we meet at career fairs. We have built such a robust C&E portal that has dramatically improved the way we capture contact information at these outreach events. We can now capture real-time feedback on contacts at each event and measure the success of the event based the information we capture in the portal. Additionally, we no longer have to collect paper resumes at events because all of this information is captured electronically through the portal...HUGE win!

E
(10,001+ employees)

"The most flexible and powerful CRM/ATS tool in my opinion on the market"

What do you like best?

Avature’s technology platform, forward thinking business acumen/foresight and customer service is far superior to any ATS, HR services company I have every worked with.

Avature’s ATS/CRM platform functions unlike any system. It’s flexibility to design the backend to your very specific business needs, far beyond just tracking requisitions, candidates or general reporting. As importantly, for the most part, once an administrator is trained, they are able to make the majority of changes, without having to put in work orders or waiting for the vendor to respond. Even if Avature does execute changes, their service levels are second to none. I have watched on a WebEx they change being made literally as discussed with the Avature consultant.

After presenting a number of business and compliance obligations that were very specific to our industry, Avature was able to come to us with specific designs that once built into the system resulted in resolving these critical issues that had been an on-going struggle in the past.

What do you dislike?

Avature has far exceeded any expectation I could have had with a new ATS/CRM/On-Boarding system. If anything, the issue with Avature is that it is so powerful of a business solutions tool, that until you experience it, you approach it in the box that ATS companies have trained us to be in. With Avature, there isn’t a box….it is provides infinite possibilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate.

Avature can easily solve the obvious ATS issues that most ATS companies address, however, Avature’s strong technical platform leaps ahead of other ATS companies in regards to solving business related issues that are components of employment. Two examples are;

SOX related process that had been previously conducted by over a 100 separate broadcast and business units was resolved through Avature’s ATS solution. The result has been in 100% compliance, eliminating manual filing and record keeping.

Additional compliance notifications that are industry required were sent out by individual broadcast centers manually taking up massive amount of personnel time and effort. Avature’s ATS solution created a design in the backend of the system and eliminated all inefficiencies and the manual process with 100% record keeping and compliance.

Senior Manager - Experienced Hire Recruitment
Accounting
(10,001+ employees)

"Avature CRM - Managing data succesfully to achieve direct sourcing success. "

What do you like best?

Complex functionality with an easy to use, intuitive user experience. Avature CRM is the perfect companion to our recruitment function in best managing current and future talent. Actively supports direct sourcing strategies, which is essential in this cost conscious climate.

What do you dislike?

Would be good to have better integration with other platforms such as Linked in.

Diversity & Inclusiveness is a huge focus for us as a firm and by using Avature we have been able to actively target and mine data based on some protective characteristics. We've only just scraped the surface with this and can see this benefits of this vastly increasing.

AH

"Avature - super adaptable, great service"

What do you like best?

From an administrator perspective, Avature is highly adaptable to our various business needs, and their support team is very knowledgeable about how to shape your user experience around those needs.

What do you dislike?

My only minor issue is actually a good problem. Avature is always updating and improving features - so much so that you can lose yourself (in a good way) in their extensive "News" section where they explain those updates.

As an RPO, our client needs vary, but my experience is that Avature's adaptability to those needs are as good as any CRM and/or ATS solution on the market.

"Easy to use platform"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use for basic storage and a decent CRM. It's easy to navigate and easy to pull data from. The steps are easy to walk through. Overall Avature is great for storing information and having a database where files are held.

What do you dislike?

Getting reports out of Avature is a little tricky. Pulling the specific report that you want can be hard to achieve which his very frustrating. It's best used for storing information. The analytics piece is seriously missing on Avature compared to some other software systems out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you really consider if this software is best for your business needs before deciding to implement.

Storing data in one place. It is easy for all users to see the same data at once.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

"Tracking Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The workflow steps are easy to utilize and track candidate progress.

What do you dislike?

The boolean or ability to search is limited. Would like to see the capabilities enhanced to search the ATS like a database.

Tracking and dispositioning candidates has been very easy with Avature.

Executive Research Partner
Retail

"New user of Avature"

What do you like best?

Dropbox functionality means we can upload CVs and populate the fields of a candidates record with ease. Similarly importing candidates from LinkedIn via 'Import Link' is great.

What do you dislike?

That you can't edit documents once they have been saved to the system. I also don't find the list view all that easy to work from, if you're working through calling a list of candidates.

We're increasing direct sourcing through using Avature, and making sure are up to speed on data governance.

Manager, Talent Engagement Solutions

"A consistent winner"

What do you like best?

Time and Time again, we compare avature to other CRMs and Avature consistently wins.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more customization as far as design and layout with the landing pages we have built in our specific program

Candidate management, pipelining, engagement

"Excellent program for candidate tracking"

What do you like best?

Program is excellent for pipelining and tracking candidates in mass

What do you dislike?

I like the program, nothing impedes my processes in this system.

Ability to glance at candidate in mass for immediate evaluation. It enhances the function of my position in recruitment because I can provide over statistics instnatly

AP
(10,001+ employees)

"AMAZING!!!!!!! best CRM tool out there"

What do you like best?

This tool is completely customizable and the team of developers at Avature are always up for a challenge. They encourage their clients to push the envelope of innovation.

What do you dislike?

The platform is not attractive. Very basic looking. Maybe more customization in field capture.

We are currently utilizing avature to manage sourcing, talent community, campus recruiting, event management, interview scheduling, and portal for our entire talent acquisition team.

Founder and President

"Very good experience "

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the Avature Product. Also, David Pumpelly has been great to work with.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times during the implementation phase that it took longer than expected but in fairness we have asked for a lot of creativity.

Avature is a part of our product solution integration platform that we use to build proactive talent clouds for our customers.

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

"Avature CRM Review"

What do you like best?

Avature has a number of features that its competitors do not.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a landing page creation feature.

We utilizie it as both a CRM and an ATS.

Avature Features