Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo) Reviews & Product Details

What is Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo)?

Oracle Talent Management manages core talent management processes that keep your talent engaged, and be more strategic and productive in their work. It allows you to review and analyze your talent, nurture and retain important skills, provide career opportunities, coach them to attain their goals and improve performance, conduct talent reviews, and plan ahead for succession to optimize bench strength.

Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo) Profile Details

Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo) Profile Details

Oracle
Description
Oracle Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, hosts, and supports database and middleware software, applications software, and hardware systems.
1977
Total Revenue (USD mm)
Redwood Shores, CA
Phone
+1 (650) 506-7000
Ownership
NYSE: ORCL
@Oracle

Companies Using Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo)

IBM

Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo) Reviews

1-50 of 316 total Oracle HCM Cloud reviews
Most Recent Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo) Video Review
(5001-10,000 employees)

"My Overall, 3 years of Oracle HCM Experience at National Instruments"

What do you like best?

The performance module and the 9 box talent review meetings. It is so useful for managers and also for the company to build up a valid and sustainable talent strategy. It builds up from raw data and ends up in some very informative charts within the 9 box meeting with colors and stuff so the managers and everyone else immediately sees what is the situation if it comes to talents and their estimated impact on the business, whether they are likely to stay or likely to leave.

What do you dislike?

The nasty, unexplained bugs that resolves themselves from time to time without anyone doing anything to them, and, for which no one has a valid explanation. Unfortunately these happen everywhere withing HCM Cloud, but of course we have more successful transactions than nasty ones ending up in unexpected an alien-ish errors. :) Lucky thing also, that there were no business critical issues so far. And on the other hand, self-resolving bugs rock too I guess. :D

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have no experience with other HCM tools unfortunately, but Oracle HCM Cloud, despite all of it's flaws, helps the business to bring better results, I'm sure.

- Talent management for sure. It is a HUGE change compared to what the company has been doing in the past. There are plenty more, but that is my favorite topic today.

- The reporting, BI tool is also capable to deliver amazing results for managers and VPs to make their decisions. Strategic and operational too. It is a great deal of work to make it happen, but it worth all the efforts I think we put into this to build cool reports for them. Ones that they can pull themselves too at any time!

Marketing Manager
Consumer Services

"It's done what we needed it to do"

What do you like best?

Taleo keeps track of all of our past and present job applicants, job openings, job descriptions and the dates that they all transpired. Good organization. Even if we receive job applications from the sources, we route all applicants through Taleo as well.

What do you dislike?

Not a fan of the social sharing portion. There's not an ideal preview image with the sharing. We end up sharing manually on social media so we can showcase the job openings in the best light possible. It would be nice if Taleo incorporated some of the features that sites like Facebook jobs have, especially some nice photo options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great for organizing. All hiring information in one place.

Good organization for job applicants. Open for over a decade and having several locations, it's easy to forget who was interviewed, not interviewed and why. We have a resource to refer back to even years later. It's especially helpful for when we have people re-apply months or years later.

Human Resources Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Moving from multiple systems Oracle HCM."

What do you like best?

Moving to Oracle HCM is long overdue for our county. We have several "home grown" systems that are costly to maintain and difficult for new users to learn. The thought of having one HR system that contains all of our data is exciting. This system will allow us to gain efficiency in many areas.

What do you dislike?

It's been a challenge to locate information on what to expect during our implementation. It would be nice to have a website where new customers can learn from others; especially, lessons learned and what to avoid.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take yourr time, bring the correct parthers onboard and have fun.

We expect to eliminate several "home grown" HR systems that are costly to maintain. We are hoping to streamline our business processes to create greater efficiency. Our goal is to have real-time data at our fingertips and lessen the number of Excel spreadsheets our administrators rely on.

Recruiting Systems Administrator

"This is a very robust ATS with so much capability"

What do you like best?

I love the OBI Reporting tool and all of the reporting functionality we have access to.

What do you dislike?

A majority of the user/configuration guides and help docs (Recruiting/OBI Reporting/Career Section/etc.) are extremely high level and are very hard to understand for a high level user that's the Systems Administrator. It feels like I'll never fully understand the entire system at all of its levels because that sort of knowledge requires further training and additional costs that not all companies will approve and pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Research everything they have to offer and request demos so you can see all of the different features they have to offer in Taleo and how those features could benefit your company before writing anything off.

We utilize so much with the reporting tool to track every step of the process once our applicants submit their application. We can finally track everything from the candidate's workflow history to the Recruiter who hired that candidate or the Hiring Manager they interviewed with, etc.

We have a large applicant flow, job flow, a large amount of users, and a high volume of applicants to name a few, so we really need a system like Taleo that can keep up with us and fully support our needs, our processes and our growth.

Analista y Programador de Sistemas de Información

"Fast and effective management of the profile of candidates and contact professionals from anywhere"

What do you like best?

It works as an integrated platform to manage the curriculums to capture information within a candidate bank and perform automated searches in any country through social networks, which makes logistics shorter, recruiting personnel from areas such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter is part of Oracle's proposal. Also this tool applies Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) concepts to talent management, to achieve the execution of the corporate strategy, this option allows you to know its performance and know if it is in line with the organization's strategy, very useful

What do you dislike?

It is necessary to prevent that it is a tool a little expensive, also that at the beginning it is very difficult to use and some time must be devoted to learn to use it well in order to take advantage of all its potentiality. It is divided into 10 modules oriented to align (have people focused on what is important), optimize (find talented people and make it successful) and accelerate (manage the business in the best way) goals, performance, workforce planning, recruitment, onboarding , compensation, learning, succession, JAM, and labor force analytics integrate the modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should open yourself to the possibility of verifying the analysis and crossings of information to foresee the rotation of personnel and to define talent and succession plans together with this tool.

Whether to recruit personnel or to promote corporate strategy, the use of technological options allows to automate the processes of the human resources department.

"Clunky and outdated"

What do you like best?

You know what you're getting with Oracle - that is, a product that is part of a large family of business software. Getting assistance is pretty easy, and you're connected with someone that you can understand.

What do you dislike?

The software is clunky and outdated. There are so many steps to setting up a req or moving candidates. This process should be streamlined to make my job easier and give the candidate a better experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Oracle is a great product if you've got time on your hands to deal with the meticulous nature of the program. If you're working for a large company that has a recruiter(s) for each business segment and only have <20 reqs to fill at any given moment, you'll enjoy it. If you're like me and only 1 of 3 recruiters for the whole company with 70-120 reqs on your shoulders, you'll find yourself searching for something else.

Having an Applicant Tracking System is necessary when hiring employees for a 1000+ employee workforce. It is nice to be able to retrieve reports and forecast with Oracle as well.

Research Director
Newspapers

"WORST Software for job applications"

What do you like best?

I do not like anything about this software.

What do you dislike?

Everything. It says my password is wrong when I know it isn't; it tells me I'm missing values when I click submit, but after clicking submit, all of my values disappear so I have to start over. It's seriously the worst software. The type is small and difficult to read, it says it takes things from your resume but it's all in the wrong places and doesn't make any sense. I hate, hate this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is awful. I purposefully avoid applying to jobs that use Taleo. It always says my password is wrong, even when I reset it. When I click submit but am missing items, all of my responses previously recorded disappear and I have to start over. I sincerely hate this software. It's terrible. it looks like something from the 1990s, and works just as well.

None it's awful software.

AH

"Hire employees with the system"

What do you like best?

Once you get everything set up in Taleo the system runs pretty smooth.

What do you dislike?

The Taleo system as a whole has problems. The system overall is not user-friendly and the learning curve is very difficult for a new user. I had to make a dozen plus phone calls just to set up the system. Once the system was set up, things did not get much better. I was unsure on the next step to make in the system to push my new interviewees to the next set. Several more phones calls follow just to walk me through the process. I'm sure this is easy for someone who does nothing but hire people. But if you only hire 2 employees a year... this system does not work well.

Interviewing new employees. No real true benefits other than everything is online.

Recruiter
Food & Beverages

"Good for many things except user experience"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting piece of the program. It accurately gives us the information needed when asked about number of roles open or candidates in process by other parts of the company. I also like that you can view resumes as an HTML without actually downloading them. This being said, the formatting could really use some work.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the interface. It's not extremely user friendly and takes too long to get anything done. In order to get an offer out to a candidate, it takes at like 14 clicks in the system. In other ATS' that I have used in the past, including greenhouse, things never took this long and were always much more straight forward. It is also tough to see candidates in process for other roles. Almost daily, we run into issues where we're speaking to a candidate and they mention they're already in process with us for another role. Lastly, I dislike how you need to add all passive candidates which triggers an email to them to create a login. This not only disrupts our system, but it also may scare off the candidate if they were barely interested in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your team sets up Taleo as best as possible. When first launching with the company, they take the time to set it up to your team's best liking. Make sure you spend the time to do this, otherwise it'll be useless.

Being a part of the recruiting team, I am helping to build out the business with the best talent possible. Using taleo, I have realized that the applicant facing side is decent. We have also benefitted from the reporting abilities.

UP
(10,001+ employees)

"Amazing functionality for hiring manager"

What do you like best?

Just started to use Taleo and love how all my applicants, their details and the posting are all in one spot. I have the capability to be to view/review/pursue and reject applicants as needed without bothering my recruiter. Gives me much better access to quickly fill my role.

What do you dislike?

The way cover letters and resumes are attached and load. Would rather just see them expanded in a view then down load them. Also the "back" feature is not intuitive. If I have created a search should be cleaner to return to it (could be user error)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is VERY easy to use and intuitive. I'd highly recommend it. Get it into hiring managers hands as fast as you can!

Hiring people more quickly and efficiently and enabling hiring managers. This tool allows us to avoid the email me the resume/schedule the interview etc. etc steps. I am only using part of the possible functionality and was able to log in and start using it with ZERO training or help.

UP

"Worst HRIS "

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about this HRIS product. It's clunky, the support is horrible, and isn't customization much at all. The nice thing we were able to do was coin it a different name to our employees to make it more geared towards out business.

What do you dislike?

It's clunky, the support is horrible, and isn't customization much at all. Daily tasks that should take no time at all take at least 3 times longer and don't expect your reporting to be accurate. The workflows aren't there and each time they do a release, it screws up the system or takes additional time for us to test.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider looking at different companies especially if you are spending more labor and time trying to make the system work. The cost might seem daunting to switch but in the end, it'll end up saving you time and money while creating a better and more accurate system.

We've done the opposite and created more problems with Oracle Taleo. In a market of other products, I would steer clear of this if you want to make your worklife easy.

Accounting Manager/Operations Manager

"Not good"

What do you like best?

Our company tried this before we changed to another software for applications, employee tracking, etc. and honestly, there was nothing good about the system. There is not a single thing that I would recommend about this program (at least from my company's point of view) because it just didn't work for us. The only really nice thing is that it would automatically save your work and your user name and password which is something that our system now does not do.

What do you dislike?

disliked everything about system because it just wasn't the right fit for our company. using this is something that a large corporation should be doing. My company has less than 100 employees, so we did not need the amount of information and data required for candidate testing and tracking. The information and testing that a candidate has to do would probably be well worth it for a larger company, but it was something that just didn't mesh well with our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make sure it is for a large business or corporation

We were trying to solve hiring and employee and applicant tracking. This is not something that we were able to accomplish by using the system, so we ended up going with something else. The software did not solve any of our business issues or anything like that and helped us in no way, but would probably be ideal for a larger corporation. Would definitely recommend to a company whose HP department has a large volume of applicants and hundreds of positions open so that they are able to track all and see who would fit the best in what position. This was just too much for the company that i work for.

Recruitment Specialist
Translation and Localization

"N/A"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the Taleo database has all of our candidate information readily available and that it facilitates mass candidate communication so I don't have to reach out to each one individually.

What do you dislike?

then see the candidate isn't viable anyways.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time to practice in the version of Taleo that is not live if your company has it. You can avoid many errors that you can't just undo. Also, ask as many questions as possible.

Taleo solves all of the problems for my department. Recruitment's primary task is candidate tracking and acquisition, so Taleo is the perfect application in that sense. We manage the application, pre-screen, interview, testing and hiring processes with Taleo and that is just what we need it to do. The benefit is that we're able to hire the right candidates for the job. The company as a whole uses the Onboarding and Performance Management functions as well and those prove to be useful for the whole company.

Recruiting Manager, Talent Development
Public Relations and Communications

"Worst ATS I've used"

What do you like best?

I cannot think of one thing I like about Taleo in comparison to other applicant tracking systems I've used (have used about 5 in my career).

What do you dislike?

Taleo is extremely archaic. The user experience is terrible, the design is not intuitive and seem overall very clunky. The search functions do not work. For example, you can search for applicants by first and last name and zero results will come up. But if you put in a person's email, that same person will come up in a search and their name will be spelled exactly the same. There are also very little helpful and easy reporting functions to use. The application requirements are outdated and long-winded which proves to be a barrier to entry for most interested candidates. This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of gripes I have about this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend any other ATS over Taleo.

My current company is a large firm and Taleo is essentially the most economical applicant tracking system we can get. Because of the cheap price, management is reluctant to switch, and therefore, we're stuck with a very basic and ATS that provide little to no benefits.

UF
(10,001+ employees)

"Functional, but outdated model"

What do you like best?

Taleo has some customizable tools, as well as a good range for organizing and filtering. It scrapes requisitions publically as well as links to outside recruiting sites.

What do you dislike?

Lots of technical issues. Consistently times out, only loads 1,000 candidates at a time and has a long load time. Glitches for candidates and often "hides" candidates depending on the step-status they're in. Not 100% mobile-friendly for candidates. Not easy to build requisitions or offer letters.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Speed up loading time, get glitches out of system and update technologies. It is outdated in comparison to competitors. I often read reviews from candidates having negative experiences as well and completely being turned off to companies because they utilize Taleo.

We are able to recruit and hire candidates on a large-volume scale.

People & Talent Lead
Real Estate

"Terrible Outdated Useless Product"

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about this product. It is not user friendly. There are too many errors in trying to move candidates ahead without explanation of errors or missing information.

What do you dislike?

Everything! It's a pain to manage candidates, the hiring managers don't have a portal for themselves that can be used so everything is done offline. I can't manage candidate interviews and feedback. My goodness this product is dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dont do it! Choose other software that is more recent. Smaller companies should go with Greenhouse or Lever.

We're using Taleo for Recruitment Process management and Candidate Management. It's terrible so we're moving to SuccessFactors

Digital Marketing Manager
Cosmetics

"Increase HR Efficiency"

What do you like best?

Oracle HCM is a great program that helps us efficiently and effectively handle all our HR needs. We use several of the modules and are very happy with the results. The best feature for us would have to be the fact that Oracle HCM is a self-service application which allows all our employees to handle their own requests for various documents, input their hours, order their office supplies, review and alter benefits, etc.

What do you dislike?

We recently migrated from the on-premise to the cloud version of Oracle HCM and while some parts have an updated user interface, several other modules that we use still look dated (although still work great). At times it can be a bit difficult to find exactly what you are looking for if you do not know where to look, so I think that the flow can also be improved for the program. I have also had some issues with time card templates where I had to delete and re-create my templates because the system had changed which day of the week was the first day and this messed everything up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great set of programs that if used effectively will be very helpful to your business. It empowers your employees to complete necessary tasks and request documents as needed when they want, which helps minimize the work that HR and accounting need to do, and it also helps you find out very valuable insights into your company demographics.

Oracle HCM solves numerous business problems for us. The employees handle all of their HR related needs, as well as several related to payroll, through Oracle HCM. Furthermore, HR and the accounting department are now able to run valuable analytics based on the data that we collect through Oracle HCM and address any issues that we notice (not enough employees utilizing their benefits, updating necessary data, completing time cards, etc.).

Recruiter- Energy and Engineering
Staffing and Recruiting

"Does the basics well "

What do you like best?

Easy-to-use layout, lets me revert a candidate in the process without jumping through too many hoops or needing to re-do a profile, and I can link candidates to multiple reqs without trouble.

What do you dislike?

I have to re-log in much more often than other software, like Avature, and am redirected back to my dashboard every time. This created unnecessary rework and wastes time through out my day.

Easy to link candidates from one tracking system to Taleo, which solves a re-work problem. I can also easily see who has applied to my reqs before attempting to source them on LinkedIn.

"More training needed "

What do you like best?

The hiring tool was synced to our on-boarding process. As the hiring manager, we could, with a few clicks get the candidate hired.

What do you dislike?

Too busy and hard to navigate. The back button would not go to the previous page, instead it took you back to the landing page. The training was delivered to us by our company staff and not by the Taleo team, which would have gone a long way for better understanding of the capabilities and features of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pay attention to the tutorial and training. Ask questions. It can be a beneficial tool if you know and understand all of its capabilities.

As a retail store manager it freed me up from posting job openings or going out to do direct recruiting and allowed me to focus on the business in front of me at the store.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Strong Screening Tool for Recruitment"

What do you like best?

I like that the pre-screening is highly customizable to help areas with unique needs find the right candidate for their vacancy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the way the score are tabulated for a % match does not take into account previous answers. For example, we had one where it asked if they had experience with a specific software and answered no. Later, they were asked to explain their experience with a text box (if yes) and many would write "No" in the box, but then they'd get credit for the question because they are only to put something if they previously answered yes. It skewed the screening and had several that were high matches by % that had nothing we were looking for.

Pre-screening is only part of it. It does help that you can customize it and hone in on what you're looking for so that the candidates passed through for manager review are likely to be good matches - but some of the way its designed can skew who's passed through. After two unsuccessful rounds, we had HR push through all candidates to be reviewed manually and found a few that would have been good matches and were not pushed through due to the way it ranked pre-screening questions inaccurately.

"Expensive but good training source"

What do you like best?

Oracle class room training have always been conducted by very highly experienced consultants courses are expensive but they are well run. I liked oracle learning stream library but there was a lack of commitment from oracle in loading new content. Overall its ok. people can learn about technology. I wish they make their licensing more simple and became a less aggressive company so more people can come aboard.

What do you dislike?

pricing and licensing of oracle has always made it one of the most difficult company to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try a free trail and see if the description matches your requirement. There is also tons of free contact everywhere on web.

Skill up team members

Human Resources Systems Administrator

"Taleo User Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use - searching candidates and reqs is very straightforward and easy. The system is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that a candidate can have multiple records - can make it confusing to find which one is the most current and often hiring managers end up going back and forth between the two records for tracking which makes it difficult to tie everything together.

We use Taleo to hire our external applicants and the system feeds into our main HCM system to officially hire them to our business.

"Taleo is the worst B2C software in existence, esp. for job seekers"

What do you like best?

When Taleo offers the option to pull in Linkedin data. Meaning, I have to interact Taleo much less than without the Linkedin plugin.

What do you dislike?

Every single feature. From the number of screens/pages, to the ATS-dependent ingestion process, to the education tab (check most recent education), to required or non-required fields.

Their forgot password/username feature doesn't work. It sends you an access code.

If you ask them for help, they claim no responsibility and request you call the company that you applied to. It does not feel like Taleo cares about the job seeker experience, just the employers pulling in reports on HR productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Greenhouse.

My business right now is finding a job, Taleo solves that problem easily about 5% of the time. I've realized no benefits.

National Recruiter

"For the most part, i enjoy using taleo"

What do you like best?

i like the sorting on the side so i am able to filter by step, application date, or id number

What do you dislike?

I would like an app. I think it would also be useful to be able to save our filtered settings when viewing candidates.

I am able to effectively move applications through our interview process. It makes for easy organization and im also able to send emails directly from the sight which is nice to have.

"fabuloso la traza de los candidatos"

What do you like best?

puedes tener en una sola aplicación toda la trazabilidad de un proceso de selección, desde que contactas con el candidato hasta que lo contratas, pasando por todos los contactos mantenidos. desde que contactas con la persona hasta el final del proceso y dejar constacia de todo además de poder hacer informes y gráficos para analizar posteriormente toda la información recogida

Ademas es multiposting lo cual te permite publiacr el anuncio en varios portales de empleo tanto de pago como gratuítos.

What do you dislike?

muchas pantallas y dificultades para contratos pequeños

Recommendations to others considering the product:

beneficios sin dudar para una compañia de rrhh ya que la traza es relevante para todos lo que trabajamos con personas y tenerla en una sola aplicación está fenomenal.

Yo la recomendaría a todos lo profesioanles de RRHH a probarla para luego poder opinar si les encaja o no.

facilita el trabajo de los responsables de RRHH en empresas con mucha contratación de personal

Administrative Assistant
Higher Education

"Oracle Taleo"

What do you like best?

Ease in which I could find applicants that had applied to a set position, as well, ease in the amount of information available to us immediately.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve, specially if you did not use it too often, to find resume, and not print out everything that was associated with applicant. As well, difficult in going back to all applicants without having to go back to initial job post.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great, but be prepared to have a steep learning curve each time you go in to check applicants, especially if it is not something you do on a regular basis. When one is only checking applications once every month or two, as opposed to checking daily or weekly.

Job posting, Application Review, Onboarding individuals to system.

"Oracle Taleo: Everything You Need to Know"

What do you like best?

This product is wonderful because it is easy to use, clear and crisp, fast and efficient, and makes office tasks MUCH easier. Before using this service provided by Oracle, my day at the office was much more difficult and less efficient.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this service. I sat down and thought about what I do not like, and the only thought was, what's not to like?" This is a wonderful product that can make your business go from mediocre to excellent. Again, nothing to dislike about this at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering if you should use this product, think no further, and just go with using it. It will save you a lot of headaches at work.

The main business problems solved with Oracle Taleo are to provide a comprehensive application tracking system and efficient compensation management. Other than that, we do not use it for much else.

UF

"The best way I know to manage all the potential candidates we hire"

What do you like best?

This cloud-based app is fantastic when it comes to picking just the right candy that you need for a job. It's able to sort out all different qualification and keep a lot of Records on file. This makes it very convenient when you need to pull up a job application or some other specific qualification on a Canada Day or employee that you may have hired already. This is just a well based all around application that definitely gets the job done when the hiring process gets to be a little too complicated.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can really say I dislike about it is the fact when you tend to start building up a lot of different Ploy ease it does get a little flooded with information that you definitely have to sort through in order to get what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is that give it a chance have patience with it and it will become your best friend during the Orton Borden of any job position available

The business problem solve with Oracle is being able to customize and sort through all the different job application during the arm boarding process. This comes in really handy because very convenient when you need to pick out specific qualification on each candidate. It could take hours without using this application but this makes it so simple