Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo)

Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo)

3.3

Oracle Talent Management Cloud allows you to manage the entire talent lifecycle from sourcing candidates, managing goals and performance, performing talent reviews, and developing careers and successions, and provides continuous learning to keep your talent engaged.

Work for Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo)?

Learning about Oracle HCM Cloud?

Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo) Reviews

Ask Oracle HCM Cloud a Question
Showing 316 Oracle HCM Cloud reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo)
Oracle HCM Cloud review by Adorján T.
Adorján T.

"My Overall, 3 years of Oracle HCM Experience at National Instruments"

What do you like best?

The performance module and the 9 box talent review meetings. It is so useful for managers and also for the company to build up a valid and sustainable talent strategy. It builds up from raw data and ends up in some very informative charts within the 9 box meeting with colors and stuff so the managers and everyone else immediately sees what is the situation if it comes to talents and their estimated impact on the business, whether they are likely to stay or likely to leave.

What do you dislike?

The nasty, unexplained bugs that resolves themselves from time to time without anyone doing anything to them, and, for which no one has a valid explanation. Unfortunately these happen everywhere withing HCM Cloud, but of course we have more successful transactions than nasty ones ending up in unexpected an alien-ish errors. :) Lucky thing also, that there were no business critical issues so far. And on the other hand, self-resolving bugs rock too I guess. :D

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have no experience with other HCM tools unfortunately, but Oracle HCM Cloud, despite all of it's flaws, helps the business to bring better results, I'm sure.

- Talent management for sure. It is a HUGE change compared to what the company has been doing in the past. There are plenty more, but that is my favorite topic today.

- The reporting, BI tool is also capable to deliver amazing results for managers and VPs to make their decisions. Strategic and operational too. It is a great deal of work to make it happen, but it worth all the efforts I think we put into this to build cool reports for them. Ones that they can pull themselves too at any time!

What Performance Management solution do you use?

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"It's done what we needed it to do"

What do you like best?

Taleo keeps track of all of our past and present job applicants, job openings, job descriptions and the dates that they all transpired. Good organization. Even if we receive job applications from the sources, we route all applicants through Taleo as well.

What do you dislike?

Not a fan of the social sharing portion. There's not an ideal preview image with the sharing. We end up sharing manually on social media so we can showcase the job openings in the best light possible. It would be nice if Taleo incorporated some of the features that sites like Facebook jobs have, especially some nice photo options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for organizing. All hiring information in one place.

Good organization for job applicants. Open for over a decade and having several locations, it's easy to forget who was interviewed, not interviewed and why. We have a resource to refer back to even years later. It's especially helpful for when we have people re-apply months or years later.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Moving from multiple systems Oracle HCM."

What do you like best?

Moving to Oracle HCM is long overdue for our county. We have several "home grown" systems that are costly to maintain and difficult for new users to learn. The thought of having one HR system that contains all of our data is exciting. This system will allow us to gain efficiency in many areas.

What do you dislike?

It's been a challenge to locate information on what to expect during our implementation. It would be nice to have a website where new customers can learn from others; especially, lessons learned and what to avoid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take yourr time, bring the correct parthers onboard and have fun.

We expect to eliminate several "home grown" HR systems that are costly to maintain. We are hoping to streamline our business processes to create greater efficiency. Our goal is to have real-time data at our fingertips and lessen the number of Excel spreadsheets our administrators rely on.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Hilary M.
Hilary M.

"This is a very robust ATS with so much capability"

What do you like best?

I love the OBI Reporting tool and all of the reporting functionality we have access to.

What do you dislike?

A majority of the user/configuration guides and help docs (Recruiting/OBI Reporting/Career Section/etc.) are extremely high level and are very hard to understand for a high level user that's the Systems Administrator. It feels like I'll never fully understand the entire system at all of its levels because that sort of knowledge requires further training and additional costs that not all companies will approve and pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research everything they have to offer and request demos so you can see all of the different features they have to offer in Taleo and how those features could benefit your company before writing anything off.

We utilize so much with the reporting tool to track every step of the process once our applicants submit their application. We can finally track everything from the candidate's workflow history to the Recruiter who hired that candidate or the Hiring Manager they interviewed with, etc.

We have a large applicant flow, job flow, a large amount of users, and a high volume of applicants to name a few, so we really need a system like Taleo that can keep up with us and fully support our needs, our processes and our growth.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Eduardo G.
Eduardo G.

"Fast and effective management of the profile of candidates and contact professionals from anywhere"

What do you like best?

It works as an integrated platform to manage the curriculums to capture information within a candidate bank and perform automated searches in any country through social networks, which makes logistics shorter, recruiting personnel from areas such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter is part of Oracle's proposal. Also this tool applies Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) concepts to talent management, to achieve the execution of the corporate strategy, this option allows you to know its performance and know if it is in line with the organization's strategy, very useful

What do you dislike?

It is necessary to prevent that it is a tool a little expensive, also that at the beginning it is very difficult to use and some time must be devoted to learn to use it well in order to take advantage of all its potentiality. It is divided into 10 modules oriented to align (have people focused on what is important), optimize (find talented people and make it successful) and accelerate (manage the business in the best way) goals, performance, workforce planning, recruitment, onboarding , compensation, learning, succession, JAM, and labor force analytics integrate the modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should open yourself to the possibility of verifying the analysis and crossings of information to foresee the rotation of personnel and to define talent and succession plans together with this tool.

Whether to recruit personnel or to promote corporate strategy, the use of technological options allows to automate the processes of the human resources department.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Kelli L.
Kelli L.

"Clunky and outdated"

What do you like best?

You know what you're getting with Oracle - that is, a product that is part of a large family of business software. Getting assistance is pretty easy, and you're connected with someone that you can understand.

What do you dislike?

The software is clunky and outdated. There are so many steps to setting up a req or moving candidates. This process should be streamlined to make my job easier and give the candidate a better experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oracle is a great product if you've got time on your hands to deal with the meticulous nature of the program. If you're working for a large company that has a recruiter(s) for each business segment and only have <20 reqs to fill at any given moment, you'll enjoy it. If you're like me and only 1 of 3 recruiters for the whole company with 70-120 reqs on your shoulders, you'll find yourself searching for something else.

Having an Applicant Tracking System is necessary when hiring employees for a 1000+ employee workforce. It is nice to be able to retrieve reports and forecast with Oracle as well.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Katlyn K.
Katlyn K.

"WORST Software for job applications"

What do you like best?

I do not like anything about this software.

What do you dislike?

Everything. It says my password is wrong when I know it isn't; it tells me I'm missing values when I click submit, but after clicking submit, all of my values disappear so I have to start over. It's seriously the worst software. The type is small and difficult to read, it says it takes things from your resume but it's all in the wrong places and doesn't make any sense. I hate, hate this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is awful. I purposefully avoid applying to jobs that use Taleo. It always says my password is wrong, even when I reset it. When I click submit but am missing items, all of my responses previously recorded disappear and I have to start over. I sincerely hate this software. It's terrible. it looks like something from the 1990s, and works just as well.

None it's awful software.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Hire employees with the system"

What do you like best?

Once you get everything set up in Taleo the system runs pretty smooth.

What do you dislike?

The Taleo system as a whole has problems. The system overall is not user-friendly and the learning curve is very difficult for a new user. I had to make a dozen plus phone calls just to set up the system. Once the system was set up, things did not get much better. I was unsure on the next step to make in the system to push my new interviewees to the next set. Several more phones calls follow just to walk me through the process. I'm sure this is easy for someone who does nothing but hire people. But if you only hire 2 employees a year... this system does not work well.

Interviewing new employees. No real true benefits other than everything is online.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Jennah Z.
Jennah Z.

"Good for many things except user experience"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting piece of the program. It accurately gives us the information needed when asked about number of roles open or candidates in process by other parts of the company. I also like that you can view resumes as an HTML without actually downloading them. This being said, the formatting could really use some work.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the interface. It's not extremely user friendly and takes too long to get anything done. In order to get an offer out to a candidate, it takes at like 14 clicks in the system. In other ATS' that I have used in the past, including greenhouse, things never took this long and were always much more straight forward. It is also tough to see candidates in process for other roles. Almost daily, we run into issues where we're speaking to a candidate and they mention they're already in process with us for another role. Lastly, I dislike how you need to add all passive candidates which triggers an email to them to create a login. This not only disrupts our system, but it also may scare off the candidate if they were barely interested in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your team sets up Taleo as best as possible. When first launching with the company, they take the time to set it up to your team's best liking. Make sure you spend the time to do this, otherwise it'll be useless.

Being a part of the recruiting team, I am helping to build out the business with the best talent possible. Using taleo, I have realized that the applicant facing side is decent. We have also benefitted from the reporting abilities.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Paper & Forest Products
User in Paper & Forest Products

"Amazing functionality for hiring manager"

What do you like best?

Just started to use Taleo and love how all my applicants, their details and the posting are all in one spot. I have the capability to be to view/review/pursue and reject applicants as needed without bothering my recruiter. Gives me much better access to quickly fill my role.

What do you dislike?

The way cover letters and resumes are attached and load. Would rather just see them expanded in a view then down load them. Also the "back" feature is not intuitive. If I have created a search should be cleaner to return to it (could be user error)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is VERY easy to use and intuitive. I'd highly recommend it. Get it into hiring managers hands as fast as you can!

Hiring people more quickly and efficiently and enabling hiring managers. This tool allows us to avoid the email me the resume/schedule the interview etc. etc steps. I am only using part of the possible functionality and was able to log in and start using it with ZERO training or help.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Worst HRIS "

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about this HRIS product. It's clunky, the support is horrible, and isn't customization much at all. The nice thing we were able to do was coin it a different name to our employees to make it more geared towards out business.

What do you dislike?

It's clunky, the support is horrible, and isn't customization much at all. Daily tasks that should take no time at all take at least 3 times longer and don't expect your reporting to be accurate. The workflows aren't there and each time they do a release, it screws up the system or takes additional time for us to test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider looking at different companies especially if you are spending more labor and time trying to make the system work. The cost might seem daunting to switch but in the end, it'll end up saving you time and money while creating a better and more accurate system.

We've done the opposite and created more problems with Oracle Taleo. In a market of other products, I would steer clear of this if you want to make your worklife easy.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Bethany H.
Bethany H.

"Not good"

What do you like best?

Our company tried this before we changed to another software for applications, employee tracking, etc. and honestly, there was nothing good about the system. There is not a single thing that I would recommend about this program (at least from my company's point of view) because it just didn't work for us. The only really nice thing is that it would automatically save your work and your user name and password which is something that our system now does not do.

What do you dislike?

disliked everything about system because it just wasn't the right fit for our company. using this is something that a large corporation should be doing. My company has less than 100 employees, so we did not need the amount of information and data required for candidate testing and tracking. The information and testing that a candidate has to do would probably be well worth it for a larger company, but it was something that just didn't mesh well with our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure it is for a large business or corporation

We were trying to solve hiring and employee and applicant tracking. This is not something that we were able to accomplish by using the system, so we ended up going with something else. The software did not solve any of our business issues or anything like that and helped us in no way, but would probably be ideal for a larger corporation. Would definitely recommend to a company whose HP department has a large volume of applicants and hundreds of positions open so that they are able to track all and see who would fit the best in what position. This was just too much for the company that i work for.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by James D.
James D.

"N/A"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the Taleo database has all of our candidate information readily available and that it facilitates mass candidate communication so I don't have to reach out to each one individually.

What do you dislike?

then see the candidate isn't viable anyways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to practice in the version of Taleo that is not live if your company has it. You can avoid many errors that you can't just undo. Also, ask as many questions as possible.

Taleo solves all of the problems for my department. Recruitment's primary task is candidate tracking and acquisition, so Taleo is the perfect application in that sense. We manage the application, pre-screen, interview, testing and hiring processes with Taleo and that is just what we need it to do. The benefit is that we're able to hire the right candidates for the job. The company as a whole uses the Onboarding and Performance Management functions as well and those prove to be useful for the whole company.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Kristin K.
Kristin K.

"Worst ATS I've used"

What do you like best?

I cannot think of one thing I like about Taleo in comparison to other applicant tracking systems I've used (have used about 5 in my career).

What do you dislike?

Taleo is extremely archaic. The user experience is terrible, the design is not intuitive and seem overall very clunky. The search functions do not work. For example, you can search for applicants by first and last name and zero results will come up. But if you put in a person's email, that same person will come up in a search and their name will be spelled exactly the same. There are also very little helpful and easy reporting functions to use. The application requirements are outdated and long-winded which proves to be a barrier to entry for most interested candidates. This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of gripes I have about this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend any other ATS over Taleo.

My current company is a large firm and Taleo is essentially the most economical applicant tracking system we can get. Because of the cheap price, management is reluctant to switch, and therefore, we're stuck with a very basic and ATS that provide little to no benefits.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Functional, but outdated model"

What do you like best?

Taleo has some customizable tools, as well as a good range for organizing and filtering. It scrapes requisitions publically as well as links to outside recruiting sites.

What do you dislike?

Lots of technical issues. Consistently times out, only loads 1,000 candidates at a time and has a long load time. Glitches for candidates and often "hides" candidates depending on the step-status they're in. Not 100% mobile-friendly for candidates. Not easy to build requisitions or offer letters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speed up loading time, get glitches out of system and update technologies. It is outdated in comparison to competitors. I often read reviews from candidates having negative experiences as well and completely being turned off to companies because they utilize Taleo.

We are able to recruit and hire candidates on a large-volume scale.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Tanya C.
Tanya C.

"Terrible Outdated Useless Product"

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about this product. It is not user friendly. There are too many errors in trying to move candidates ahead without explanation of errors or missing information.

What do you dislike?

Everything! It's a pain to manage candidates, the hiring managers don't have a portal for themselves that can be used so everything is done offline. I can't manage candidate interviews and feedback. My goodness this product is dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont do it! Choose other software that is more recent. Smaller companies should go with Greenhouse or Lever.

We're using Taleo for Recruitment Process management and Candidate Management. It's terrible so we're moving to SuccessFactors

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Maria L.
Maria L.

"Increase HR Efficiency"

What do you like best?

Oracle HCM is a great program that helps us efficiently and effectively handle all our HR needs. We use several of the modules and are very happy with the results. The best feature for us would have to be the fact that Oracle HCM is a self-service application which allows all our employees to handle their own requests for various documents, input their hours, order their office supplies, review and alter benefits, etc.

What do you dislike?

We recently migrated from the on-premise to the cloud version of Oracle HCM and while some parts have an updated user interface, several other modules that we use still look dated (although still work great). At times it can be a bit difficult to find exactly what you are looking for if you do not know where to look, so I think that the flow can also be improved for the program. I have also had some issues with time card templates where I had to delete and re-create my templates because the system had changed which day of the week was the first day and this messed everything up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great set of programs that if used effectively will be very helpful to your business. It empowers your employees to complete necessary tasks and request documents as needed when they want, which helps minimize the work that HR and accounting need to do, and it also helps you find out very valuable insights into your company demographics.

Oracle HCM solves numerous business problems for us. The employees handle all of their HR related needs, as well as several related to payroll, through Oracle HCM. Furthermore, HR and the accounting department are now able to run valuable analytics based on the data that we collect through Oracle HCM and address any issues that we notice (not enough employees utilizing their benefits, updating necessary data, completing time cards, etc.).

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

"Does the basics well "

What do you like best?

Easy-to-use layout, lets me revert a candidate in the process without jumping through too many hoops or needing to re-do a profile, and I can link candidates to multiple reqs without trouble.

What do you dislike?

I have to re-log in much more often than other software, like Avature, and am redirected back to my dashboard every time. This created unnecessary rework and wastes time through out my day.

Easy to link candidates from one tracking system to Taleo, which solves a re-work problem. I can also easily see who has applied to my reqs before attempting to source them on LinkedIn.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Internet

"More training needed "

What do you like best?

The hiring tool was synced to our on-boarding process. As the hiring manager, we could, with a few clicks get the candidate hired.

What do you dislike?

Too busy and hard to navigate. The back button would not go to the previous page, instead it took you back to the landing page. The training was delivered to us by our company staff and not by the Taleo team, which would have gone a long way for better understanding of the capabilities and features of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to the tutorial and training. Ask questions. It can be a beneficial tool if you know and understand all of its capabilities.

As a retail store manager it freed me up from posting job openings or going out to do direct recruiting and allowed me to focus on the business in front of me at the store.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Higher Education

"Strong Screening Tool for Recruitment"

What do you like best?

I like that the pre-screening is highly customizable to help areas with unique needs find the right candidate for their vacancy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the way the score are tabulated for a % match does not take into account previous answers. For example, we had one where it asked if they had experience with a specific software and answered no. Later, they were asked to explain their experience with a text box (if yes) and many would write "No" in the box, but then they'd get credit for the question because they are only to put something if they previously answered yes. It skewed the screening and had several that were high matches by % that had nothing we were looking for.

Pre-screening is only part of it. It does help that you can customize it and hone in on what you're looking for so that the candidates passed through for manager review are likely to be good matches - but some of the way its designed can skew who's passed through. After two unsuccessful rounds, we had HR push through all candidates to be reviewed manually and found a few that would have been good matches and were not pushed through due to the way it ranked pre-screening questions inaccurately.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Amit G.
Amit G.

"Expensive but good training source"

What do you like best?

Oracle class room training have always been conducted by very highly experienced consultants courses are expensive but they are well run. I liked oracle learning stream library but there was a lack of commitment from oracle in loading new content. Overall its ok. people can learn about technology. I wish they make their licensing more simple and became a less aggressive company so more people can come aboard.

What do you dislike?

pricing and licensing of oracle has always made it one of the most difficult company to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a free trail and see if the description matches your requirement. There is also tons of free contact everywhere on web.

Skill up team members

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Alicia H.
Alicia H.

"Taleo User Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use - searching candidates and reqs is very straightforward and easy. The system is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that a candidate can have multiple records - can make it confusing to find which one is the most current and often hiring managers end up going back and forth between the two records for tracking which makes it difficult to tie everything together.

We use Taleo to hire our external applicants and the system feeds into our main HCM system to officially hire them to our business.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Internet

"Taleo is the worst B2C software in existence, esp. for job seekers"

What do you like best?

When Taleo offers the option to pull in Linkedin data. Meaning, I have to interact Taleo much less than without the Linkedin plugin.

What do you dislike?

Every single feature. From the number of screens/pages, to the ATS-dependent ingestion process, to the education tab (check most recent education), to required or non-required fields.

Their forgot password/username feature doesn't work. It sends you an access code.

If you ask them for help, they claim no responsibility and request you call the company that you applied to. It does not feel like Taleo cares about the job seeker experience, just the employers pulling in reports on HR productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Greenhouse.

My business right now is finding a job, Taleo solves that problem easily about 5% of the time. I've realized no benefits.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Katelyn D.
Katelyn D.

"For the most part, i enjoy using taleo"

What do you like best?

i like the sorting on the side so i am able to filter by step, application date, or id number

What do you dislike?

I would like an app. I think it would also be useful to be able to save our filtered settings when viewing candidates.

I am able to effectively move applications through our interview process. It makes for easy organization and im also able to send emails directly from the sight which is nice to have.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User

"fabuloso la traza de los candidatos"

What do you like best?

puedes tener en una sola aplicación toda la trazabilidad de un proceso de selección, desde que contactas con el candidato hasta que lo contratas, pasando por todos los contactos mantenidos. desde que contactas con la persona hasta el final del proceso y dejar constacia de todo además de poder hacer informes y gráficos para analizar posteriormente toda la información recogida

Ademas es multiposting lo cual te permite publiacr el anuncio en varios portales de empleo tanto de pago como gratuítos.

What do you dislike?

muchas pantallas y dificultades para contratos pequeños

Recommendations to others considering the product

beneficios sin dudar para una compañia de rrhh ya que la traza es relevante para todos lo que trabajamos con personas y tenerla en una sola aplicación está fenomenal.

Yo la recomendaría a todos lo profesioanles de RRHH a probarla para luego poder opinar si les encaja o no.

facilita el trabajo de los responsables de RRHH en empresas con mucha contratación de personal

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Jonathan M. L.
Jonathan M. L.

"Oracle Taleo"

What do you like best?

Ease in which I could find applicants that had applied to a set position, as well, ease in the amount of information available to us immediately.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve, specially if you did not use it too often, to find resume, and not print out everything that was associated with applicant. As well, difficult in going back to all applicants without having to go back to initial job post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, but be prepared to have a steep learning curve each time you go in to check applicants, especially if it is not something you do on a regular basis. When one is only checking applications once every month or two, as opposed to checking daily or weekly.

Job posting, Application Review, Onboarding individuals to system.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Higher Education

"Oracle Taleo: Everything You Need to Know"

What do you like best?

This product is wonderful because it is easy to use, clear and crisp, fast and efficient, and makes office tasks MUCH easier. Before using this service provided by Oracle, my day at the office was much more difficult and less efficient.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this service. I sat down and thought about what I do not like, and the only thought was, what's not to like?" This is a wonderful product that can make your business go from mediocre to excellent. Again, nothing to dislike about this at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering if you should use this product, think no further, and just go with using it. It will save you a lot of headaches at work.

The main business problems solved with Oracle Taleo are to provide a comprehensive application tracking system and efficient compensation management. Other than that, we do not use it for much else.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"The best way I know to manage all the potential candidates we hire"

What do you like best?

This cloud-based app is fantastic when it comes to picking just the right candy that you need for a job. It's able to sort out all different qualification and keep a lot of Records on file. This makes it very convenient when you need to pull up a job application or some other specific qualification on a Canada Day or employee that you may have hired already. This is just a well based all around application that definitely gets the job done when the hiring process gets to be a little too complicated.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can really say I dislike about it is the fact when you tend to start building up a lot of different Ploy ease it does get a little flooded with information that you definitely have to sort through in order to get what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is that give it a chance have patience with it and it will become your best friend during the Orton Borden of any job position available

The business problem solve with Oracle is being able to customize and sort through all the different job application during the arm boarding process. This comes in really handy because very convenient when you need to pick out specific qualification on each candidate. It could take hours without using this application but this makes it so simple

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Ian W.
Ian W.

"105 Taleo Implementations and counting"

What do you like best?

I should qualify my position before you read on: I was originally ran consulting services in APAC for Taleo and was one of the 2 first employees in APAC in 2002. Post Acquisition i stayed with Oracle on the APAC cloud strategy team before leaving and I now run Certus Solutions Consulting Services (APAC) Myself and my team have delivered more than 105 Taleo implementations and have seen the good the bad and the ugly.

As with most configurable cloud products the solution is only as good as the implementation and the training provided to end users. If you are a user of any product don't assume that just because you don't see a function it does not mean that is not there, your own company may have chosen not to utilise a certain feature. Also there is no guarantee that your employer has configured it appropriately.

Certainly the most impressive aspects of the solution are:

Configuration options are very extensive and can meet the needs of the most challenging companies

Ability to automate time consuming repetitive tasks is great

Integration capabilities with the connect client tools and web api's are extensive

Reporting capabilities are second to none (complex reporting best left to reporting specialists)

Integration to third party providers such as digital interviewing, background check and testing partners is extensive with a multitude of providers already with "passport integrations"

What do you dislike?

The current user interface is somewhat dated these days but functions exceptionally well. (This is currently being addressed with the ongoing development of Oracle TAP for a great mobile experience and UI enhancements are on the way. Some clients make the process far to convoluted for both candidates and end users resulting in dissatisfaction from both sides.

Support levels took a big hit when Oracle acquired Taleo however they have now started assigning dedicated customer success managers to all clients which is proving to be very successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure the consultant(s) assigned to the project by either Oracle or an Oracle partner have completed a number of implementations. (It makes a huge difference when the implementation partner can truly consult in the domain and are not just techies they should be able to guide you on a path to success and come to the party with best practices)

The success of the implementation is only as good as the effort both yourself and your implementation consultant put into it. (That goes for any product)

Primary areas we have seen clients gain benefit are in the following areas:

Greatly improved approval times

Reduced time to hire

Reduced agency cost (this can be dramatic)

Streamlining of volume recruitment activities such as call centre and graduate recruitment.

On boarding and off-boarding (the benefits here are huge)

Strategic reporting for decision making.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Takeoff For full cycle recruitment"

What do you like best?

Full cycle recruiting capabilities and editing of forms. We use Taleo as a platform for applicants to submit and view their resumes, recruiters to source from, requisition creation and management and offer extension. The reporting capabilities are also extensive.

What do you dislike?

Exportation to excel from taleo is sometimes muddled. Also, the server gets snagged and slows every now and then but great improvement has been seen over the past three years of use. Far less downtime; glitches like internal/external job description editing pauses and refreshing has improved tremendously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Taleo is not easy to learn but that's likely because of how extensive the services it provides are. We are able to easily execute all steps of a full cycle recruitment process using Taleo.

Having a CRM software that provides adequate reporting. We had an issue of requisitions being open too long and were able to realize the issue through alert reports from Taleo.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Don't Complicate It"

What do you like best?

All talent is pooled together. You can see the progression of an applicant from any requisition they may have applied. You can search for any applicant whose applied to your company not just your specific branch.

What do you dislike?

To know how to transfer an application or see it right away is complicated. You need a good guide to how to do most things that should be a simple click of the button. You can get lost easily when trying to do something as simple as send out an offer, I've had issues with it twice actually sending the offer out and have to partner with someone almost every time I do get one sent out. The layout is presented as simple but unless you know exactly where to go you can screw things up quick or not find what you need.

Hiring and sorting through applications is much easier than keeping paper applications or resumes. Completing all required paperwork online helps keep office time to a minimum when needing to get someone on board quickly.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Nikki D.
Nikki D.

"Taleo is pretty simple to use"

What do you like best?

It was easy to hire candidates. The process was simple and self explanatory. Had very few issues with candidates not getting emails and it linking up to company on boarding.

What do you dislike?

I wished there was more I could have done with it. It might have changed since I used it but it would have been nice to make notes about candidates and saved them for a later time like holiday hiring. Or more options when off boarding so we would know that we interview and what we liked or disliked.

The easier the process to hire someone the less stressful for the candidate to complete and the more likely they will have a more positive outlook on the business.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Efficient and Organized Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Taleo to build requisitions and track the progress of my candidates. Being able to add collaborators in each requisition allows for the necessary team work I need and helps make the process more streamline.

I also appreciate that Taleo is compatible with other applications and that we can interconnect them as necessary. Integrations continue to make my job more efficient, and I look forward to seeing what else Taleo does in the future.

What do you dislike?

There are times I find myself frustrated that the application closes out so quickly (typically less than 30 minutes). If the duration of time was longer this would be very helpful. Additionally, I think software glitches could be approved upon - recently we had an experience in our department where everyone was having glitches in Taleo.

The main business benefits I experience are: keeping lists of my candidates organized, being able to clearly see what step/status they are in, what other requisitions candidates are in, and having a separate tab for candidates attachments. In general, all of my work on candidates can be tracked in Taleo, and my work in other applications is very minimal which is helpful. It is also beneficial to be able to disposition candidates so that I do not have to continue to view candidates that do not qualify, or have withdrawn.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Renee O.
Renee O.

"Talent Management"

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate, makes recruitment process easier.Tracks process throughout the year.

What do you dislike?

Have not used long enough to give a solid dislike answer. I am liking what I am seeing so far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use is very simplified. Very user friendly and eases the recruitment process. Ability to employees to refer others to positions.

Simplifying the recruitment process. Able to use for referral recruitment!

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Jeanne K.
Jeanne K.

"ATS gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Taleo is a good place to hold applicant data and is especially useful for collecting resumes from job postings.

What do you dislike?

Very clunky - not easily searchable; also not great for adding candidates who haven't applied through Taleo

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use this as your only recruiting software if you are sourcing the majority of candidates rather than them applying.

Our main use is to collect resumes when we post jobs

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Marcus A. J.
Marcus A. J.

"Taleo Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to add custom fields and reporting features. I also like the fact that because it is in the cloud, it updates quarterly and provides the most up to date functionality.

What do you dislike?

With the quarterly updates you can get bugs that affect some of the reporting. You have to go in and adjust some of the reporting fields to get it back to what it was prior to the update.

We are resolving our problem with recruiting and being mobile friendly.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User

"Very in depth software backed by a 5 star customer support team"

What do you like best?

Taleo covers all bases of whatever you could possibly need and then some. If the software is lacking somewhere, you can work with their customer support team to find a work around

What do you dislike?

It was a little confusing and complicated to master at first but once you moved past that, I really didn't have any issues with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an expensive software to implement but I believe it is truly worth the money so you can focus less on the HR side and get back to what really matters about your company

I have worked for companies that have different softwares for everything and I feel like it slows the process down by having to log in to 3 or 4 or 5 different applications when you can use just the 1 and get everything accomplished.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Ami T.
Ami T.

"If You Have Time to Frontload Training, It's Great"

What do you like best?

I like the clear set up for applicant applications and resumes. I appreciate that it separates the online application from the resume or CV.

What do you dislike?

It is not immediately user friendly and required a lot of front loaded training in order to be able to use it effectively. Even then we had to repeatedly go back to ask questions in the step process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the time to set it up properly and thoroughly train your staff, it's a well organized program that does exactly what it needs to in terms of applicant management.

We use Taleo for all of the university professional and classified hiring.

"Oracle ease of use"

What do you like best?

Oracle is very straightforward. Although there is a lot of information, and there are many ways to utilize the tool, the options are easy-to-understand and extremely navigable. Plus, if you do have any issues, the support team is fantastic and responds in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

There are times in which the system can exhibit a glitch. My specific issue has come when trying to replicate an existing requisite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend consulting any training videos or documents which may be available. This tool is highly comprehensive and can be utilized for many facets of team and goal management, requisitions, and a multitude of other items, but you must know how to utilize the tool.

This is a one-stop shop for my entire team. I can see my own personal profile, including my tasks and goals, and can easily switch to a view of the profile of any one of my numerous direct reports. I can easily see how on-track my team is with their goals and tasks, which helps drive personal business solutions.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Integration Manager/Deputy PM"

What do you like best?

Oracle HCM contains the key integrated capabilities our customers need for managing HR across the enterprise. We are continuing planning for integrating several of the modules and are excited with the path forward. One of the best are the self-service and mobile elements; very well designed.

What do you dislike?

While many areas have an updated user interface, several modules and menu areas still look dated. It would be nice to eliminate Forms. Menu and navigation flow can be better organized; there are times it can be a bit difficult to find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lay our your cloud strategy and ensure a thorough understanding of your cyber security requirements to ensure your data is well protected!

Oracle HCM helps standardization across our enterprise. With enhanced self-service, employees handle all of their HR related needs. Once the other modules (benefits and PR) are integrated, we'll have better data between HR and accounting.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Sidharth A.
Sidharth A.

"Overpriced but you get what you pay for"

What do you like best?

Of all the recruitment software that I've looked into, Taleo is one software that has the most features. It is a very complete/robust platform with a huge potential to customize as per the recruitment process. It has capabilities to integrate with multiple software/platforms including social networks.

What do you dislike?

It's not at all user-friendly and requires help from an expert to set it up. As the project gets bigger, it becomes harder to use as the options may become confusing.

It helps in keeping all the candidates in one place. Its customizable nature can help you fit it into your recruitment process.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Kim B.
Kim B.

"So-so product"

What do you like best?

It's a well known product that a ton of our candidates are familiar with and the Oracle brand is respectful and has been reliable. I also like how I can access it easily from both my Ipad as well as computer/laptop.

What do you dislike?

- As a candidate, I remember I hated the experience of Taleo, it took a long time and it was not really user friendly.

- It could be so clicky that it annoys me how hard or difficult it is for basic tasks.

- Hiring candidates faster

- Ensuring all individuals part of the recruiting process are informed and on the same page

- Ensuring a consistent and fair process

- Collaboration among all the hiring team

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User in Higher Education

"Oracle Taleo - config it carefully"

What do you like best?

We went to Taleo because of the opportunity to interface to our HCM and Finance systems.

What do you dislike?

In setting up the interfaces, we lost the features that are important for robust recruiting.. We basically got a document management system instead of a recruiting tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we were researching ATS products last time, we learned that the power of Taleo really lies in the modules you select and how you configure the system to work within your flow.

We thought that Taleo would help us store and access resumes to share with our hiring managers. But in reality, our system set up is bulky and doesn't have the features we need to easily screen, sort and identify applicants for review.

"Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

Taleo has several cons however some of the pros of the ATS is the compatibility with other systems we use. Such as our background provider.

What do you dislike?

The platform is not user friendly and an application takes roughly 23 mins. This is becoming more and more unacceptable to candidates. The system does not work well as a CRM and basic searches in the system aren't useful.

We currently use Taleo as our ATS. We review applications, submit offer letters, etc. However, we've found that it is not the best investment we've made.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Arideep M.
Arideep M.

"Fusion HCM Cloud - Solid product with great vision"

What do you like best?

In my opinion Oracle's Fusion HCM cloud is a solid product and has been well received by a lot of customers in last 12 months. Yet it still requires improvements in some areas in order to compete with some of its toughest competitors like Workday HCM. Based on my experience, I feel that the product has matured a lot in the last couple of years and meets most client requirements for the following areas:

1. Core HCM

2. Talent Management

3. Compensation Management

Oracle is putting a lot of efforts to improve various aspects of the products and has been extremely receptive towards client feedback. Fusion HCM cloud is for real and will just improve with time. So if one is working in the field of Oracle ERP such as eBusiness Suite or PeopleSoft, its about time to take a plunge into the world of Fusion Cloud HCM.

What do you dislike?

Some of the key areas where the product is still in its infancy are:

1. Payroll

2. Time and Labor

These modules require significant enhancement in order to be successful for large customers.

Apart from that the integration with Taleo recruitment and onboarding (especially for Taleo first customers is not fully ready. The process is even more difficult for Taleo business edition customers. Alos we have found that there are a lot of incorrect translations for a lot of european languages.

1. Global implementation for an organization with 3000+ employees

2. Using Compensation module to solve grade progression for hourly employees

3. Using fast formulas to derive certain values within the compensation worksheet

4. Use modelling to solve budgeting problem for multiple countries in a single compensation plan

Oracle HCM Cloud review by User

"Chunky but statistic powerful"

What do you like best?

OBI reporting that allows you to view various recruitment metrics.

What do you dislike?

Chunky interface and runs slow. Often freezes with OBI and requires you to login again

Recommendations to others considering the product

More focus on the bugs that are within the software. I have a general feel that the product is developed but there is little investment on making it competitive or more user friendly. There are many companies that are now using ATS software for their career sites to override the Oracle information because it is difficult for candidates to navigate within Taleo based systems.

Metric tracking of recruitment efforts

Oracle HCM Cloud review by JP H.
JP H.

"The ease of categorizing and understanding applicants makes hiring much easier!"

What do you like best?

you have an in depth understanding of each candidate based on their resume as well as the additional questions you customize for them to answer

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be hard to categorize candidates.

it helps us coordinate with our hiring managers to find the best candidates for the position.

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"Good HR application but not the best"

What do you like best?

Oracle is a good human resources application for my current job. It is convenient to access from either home or work. Oracle is compatible with most web browsers. It is easy to set up an account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the format of Oracle. It is outdated. It is hard to find certain documents. Sometimes you have to thoroughly search through tabs to really try and find where you need to go. When I am searching for jobs, when I go back to the original search page it resets and does not save. I have to restart my search all over again. The back button should save your search criteria.

Oracle helps employees access HR documents. It was easy to submit my yearly performance review through oracle

Oracle HCM Cloud review by Vanessa J.
Vanessa J.

"Gotta take time to learn site"

What do you like best?

I like how I can find important information regarding my employment on the site such as employment verification, beneficiaries, benefits, pay stubs, appraisals

What do you dislike?

It’s a bit confusing on how to navigate thru. Wish it was a lil easier

Not solving any problems. It’s simply the site us employees go to when we need to make changes to certain categories

Learning about Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo)?

* We monitor all Oracle Talent Management Cloud (formerly Taleo) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.