Amazon Lumberyard

Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch, with full source.

Work for Amazon Lumberyard?

Learning about Amazon Lumberyard?

Amazon Lumberyard Reviews

Showing 14 Amazon Lumberyard reviews
Amazon Lumberyard review by Timothy B.
Timothy B.

"This will be a game changer for companies that's just starting "

What do you like best?

What I liked about Amazon Lumberyard, OK this is probably the best way to learn and pay for services that you use to get ur products out there.. Amazon Lumberyard has got your back in a huge way, try the Amazon Lumberyard, I still use this software on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

I first started Amazon Lumberyard it was a mind blower and a career changer I like every thing that Amazon Lumberyard has to offer. I use this on a daily basis

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes Amazon has reat out done themselves in more ways than one, I will leave a little advice for all the businesses and companies that's wanting to better your all around business approach and smart tools x

We were developing games and this wasthe first time I saw that Amazon will absolutely be the best place to start learning gaming, I still use Amazon Lumberyard l

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Amazon Lumberyard
Amazon Lumberyard review by Cesar G.
Cesar G.

"A complete game engine"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use, it is very friendly and has many tutorials to learn how to kill it and get the most out of it. It is compatible with other programs such as Adobe Photoshop, so you can create more games of higher quality. The truth is very complete and FULLY FREE !!! Only payment for the AWS service.

What do you dislike?

Amazon Lumberyard is very complete, so you need to dedicate time to the guides and tutorials to understand what you are doing. It can be a little complicated at first to use it. But believe me, it's worth investing your time in reading the guides or seeing one or another tutorial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you to start little by little to see tutorials, to investigate a little more about this fabulous tool that will really solve many problems. There are many tutorials, you do not need to be an expert in video games to use this program. I tell them it's my hobby, and I'm doing great.

It reduces costs considerably, increases productivity and is so friendly, that it is not tedious to sit down to work.

What Game Engine solution do you use?

Amazon Lumberyard review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Great product, usual (small) problems"

What do you like best?

I love the openness of the Lumberyard product. The integrations are fantastic, and it's pretty easy to just dive in and get rolling (after figuring some stuff out - see my "dislikes").

My initial goal - as I always do with a new toy - was to get my usual "test games" up and running. Recreating Space Invaders and Genghis Khan went (mostly) smoothly, and everything did pretty much "what it says on the tin."

What do you dislike?

Just like many of Amazon's AWS products, documentation is robust and vast; however, that works against them here as well (at least that's my experience with their documentation). Things are well-documented, but in Amazon's usual roundabout way (which never seems to make as much sense to me as maybe it should).

I'm using Lumberyard to build a game/platform and push out some of the ideas that I've had for years (which are now easier-than-ever to realize).

After it was announced that Cloud Imperium (Star Citizen) was using it, I knew I had to at least give it a shot.

Amazon Lumberyard review by Kayla J.
Kayla J.

"A workhorse for free"

What do you like best?

Complete and free access to C+++ code. Wonderful beginner tutorials for those new to game writing (myself included). Easy to use, tons of customization options, ability to customize original download.

What do you dislike?

It is a huge download, and runs slower on systems that are ill equipped. This won't be a problem for a user of any experience, but for a beginner or new hobbyist it comes as a shock.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the online tutorials if your new to the world of game writing, its worth the 20 minutes.

Cutting back on operating cost by utilizing Lumberyard's free features.

Amazon Lumberyard review by maría jose g.
maría jose g.

"Amazon Lumberyard free creation ! "

What do you like best?

I like Amazon Lumberyard because it allows me to build games without any cost, the only cost is included in the services of my AWS account. And the best part is that as I build my game, I can share it through Twitch, which is a great step to know how impressive my creation is. It also provides very complete guides and tutorials on how to use each component that gives us what that as a user allows me to understand everything.

What do you dislike?

At the time of purchase, the download is usually very heavy and the source code of the users can not be made public.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read each one of your guides and with that you can successfully use Amazon Lumberyard.

Create simple and fun games to please the audience or clients.

Amazon Lumberyard review by Jetha S.
Jetha S.

"Best game engine for Windows creators"

What do you like best?

It is free to use and integration is easy with Twitch , AWS and many more. Number of tutorials are available by Amazon for beginners to get started with. It's community is growing day by day and your questions or doubts can easily solved by posting them on our slack channel.

What do you dislike?

Documentation was an issue previously. But now it is much better and easy to understand by any novice guy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is best service by Amazon which you can use to create games. It is very easy to use and you can get started with Amazon itself's provided tutorials .Will be happy to answer your more questions. Just ping me on LinkedIn.

Creating games for our clients who are generally waiting for meetings in waiting lounge .

Amazon Lumberyard review by Rick W.
Rick W.

"Full featured and open source"

What do you like best?

The number of available 'Gems' that add common functionality with minimal fuss

What do you dislike?

The engine is still relatively new and updates are frequent but the installs are separate which means a fresh install every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have nothing to lose trying this product, it's not just free but loyalty free. If you already have assets prepared it's well worth importing them and giving it a go.

Although still in the early stages , we can create interactive and engaging apps for lessons and presentations.

Amazon Lumberyard review by Elizabeth T.
Elizabeth T.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

From when it initially ended up being readily available, I've enjoyed utilizing Lumberyard. It's got so numerous functions that are all in one location that you truly cannot go incorrect. Supports Autodesk Maya or Adobe Photoshop, with all these I am able to produce terrific quality video games.

What do you dislike?

Absence of assistance for usage with visual studio unlike a few of the others choices around. Together with the absence of native cloud assistance choices. It would be fantastic if rates is minimized like other AWS items.

Produce basic and enjoyable video games to please the audience or customers as well as cutting down on running expense by making use of Lumberyard's complimentary functions.

Amazon Lumberyard review by Brenna F.
Brenna F.

"User-friendly game developer software. "

What do you like best?

I love that it is free and that there are tutorials along the way to guide me when I encounter content I'm unfamiliar with. The graphics are incredible. Mobile friendly.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, it's not supported on Microsoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth trying out! Relatively easy to learn.

I've been able to redirect money spent on software to other resources.

Amazon Lumberyard review by Chase G.
Chase G.

"Amazon Lumberyard 👌🏼👌🏼"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Simple graphic user interface. Compatibility is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There is a little big of a learning curve for newbies. But for the most part I love this software.

Great platform to code games in. Benefits are it is quick and relatively easy if you have good coders.

Amazon Lumberyard review by User in Higher Education

"Amazon Lumberyard"

What do you like best?

Lumberyard is wonderful and can become an option for many developers and not just for royalty free license deal, but because it could make a big difference in modern gaming entertainment today.

What do you dislike?

That you have to use AWS services to use this product and that Amazon is not directly in gaming by so long and engine development is way far from its core business and it is no good.

Streaming is by far more trendy than vr and this software lends to this trend.

Amazon Lumberyard review by User

"Very positive experience with Amazon Lumberyard!"

What do you like best?

Utilization this product with GameLight and Amazon Web Services offers is an excellent combination to build, develop, and host multiplayer gaming!

What do you dislike?

Live-streaming via Twitch had some difficulties initially but issues were not persistent throughout my experience and I think the support was adequate and helpful in resolving them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend planning on spending some quality time getting used to the system. The work upfront pays off in the long run.

Building, developing, and hosting multiplayer gaming.

Amazon Lumberyard review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great Game Engine"

What do you like best?

The game engine is awesome for doing not only doing POC's, but also for production grade video game development

What do you dislike?

Lumberyard does what it promises really well. I cannot complain.

Video game development

Amazon Lumberyard review by User in Internet

"Review "

What do you like best?

I love everything about the software!!!!

What do you dislike?

I like everything about the software, there is nothing I would change.

Makes my job easier.

Learning about Amazon Lumberyard?

* We monitor all Amazon Lumberyard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.