Vendasta

Vendasta’s white-label platform empowers you to provide marketing solutions to local businesses under your brand.

Work for Vendasta?

Learning about Vendasta?

Vendasta Reviews

Ask Vendasta a Question
Showing 100 Vendasta reviews
View Original January 31, 2019

"2-Year Customer, Very Pleased"

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Vendasta
Jose G.

"They've Come A Long way"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly capabilities of Reputation Management in it's latest generation is astonishing. I love the new look. The Overview is incredible. I get to see important statistics at the first glance of this dashboard. Especially the listings. The listings I think are the most remarkable statistic with count on citations and even mentions.

What do you dislike?

How some features are overlooked such as Reports and how some Products do not communicate with each other. I should be able to share a mention of our business from Reputation Management into Social Marketing. That would be a great aspect to look at. The reports section feels like it can be more interactive. Instead of clicking on a link, I'd much rather click into "Social", "Citations" with windows opening and closing. Not so much just a report with a long passages of information and seemingly infinite scrolling. Not very attractive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't knock it until you try it.

Reputation Management is a wonderful tool that I believe every business should have in their repertoire. The benefits of having such impeccable information on business listings all in one place is amazing. It shows our clients not just how great their business is doing, but also how bad they're doing in certain parts of their business. We have one client that has GREAT SEO, but they're social online reputation is atrocious so we push the software for Social Marketing instead of trying to convince them to get better SEO.

What CRM All-in-One solution do you use?

Calvin C.

"Great Support Team"

What do you like best?

All of the support agents are very knowledgeable and if they don't know an answer they find someone who does. The platform is actually very easy to use and easy to learn. We like all the features being listed in a quick search so that when we are activating products it only takes minutes.

What do you dislike?

I wish you had 24/7 support or at least longer hours. Some of our clients are on different time zones and work late so when we have an issue during non-US work hours, the support is no longer active.

There are 2 things, being able to log in to WordPress using /wp-admin as some of the clients are hesitant about using a new portal to login and also when developing a WordPress website, when we click preview - a new page keeps popping up instead of refreshing the same window which is kind of annoying when making multiple edits. Too many windows get opened up!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think the logins being a little better for the end user and also the wordpress preview button I spoke about in another question. Some of that can be improved but overall I think we are fairly happy with everything.

Organization. The platform allows us to better organize everyone now! With our old platform we had an issue about tracking accounts so it would be a major hassle looking for accounts and organizing them properly.

Derreck S.

"Best solution for the Marketing Management Team"

What do you like best?

Their support is sensational. They really take the time to help you through any problems. you have and they also help you with understanding case studies to give you context on how to use the platform. There are some unique ways that you can use Vendasta that you may not have originally imagined!

What do you dislike?

I'm not in love with two things. The first thing is the sales center. The training library should be customizable, and not give access to all products, but only those that are actually. available in the store. When you create an opportunity, you should be able to do this from a "Store like" interface. The dropdown menu is not as useful for new salespersons. The Sales manager should have the ability to activate products on clients accounts. The second issue Is found in the marketing tab for basic partners. You won't be able to create new campaigns or edit the existing preloaded campaigns at the basic partner level.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering Vendasta, I encourage you to start with the starter pack, set up your products and packages and then upgrade as you implement the various parts of the CRM. This is a fantastic solution, the support is phenomenal, and you won't be disappointed. If you are on the fence about this solution, one thing you might not be aware of is the fact that they also provide a ton of onboarding scripts and processes to help you implement this into your team very quickly. This isn't something that is highlighted in their onboarding process.

This solution will help with your agency side fulfillment.

My business uses Vendasta to supplement the increasing need for fulfillment of services such as social posting and reputation management needed by our local customers. We typically provide influencers with custom funnels and help them grow large online businesses, but usually, their audiences are local businesses. We get a lot of referrals from each influencer, and so the transition to Vendasta has been a great solution for keeping up with a rapidly scaling company.

Christopher H.

"Great attention to detail"

What do you like best?

Their team is quick to respond and are willing to go the extra mile to learn about the nuances of my business. In my business, rapid responses are very important in order to have happy customers.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the onboarding process to be more robust since we operate a very niche company within healthcare. While their team is knowledgeable, we have had some back and forth explaining the differences in our type of healthcare model versus the traditional US system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great way to extend the reach of your sales, design, and marketing team. Having Vendasta allows us to provide more services and options than ever before.

Fullfillment and scale. This allows our team to provide a higher level of service to more clients than we would've been able to conceivably do, otherwise.

Agency

"Absolutely abysmal reseller services"

What do you like best?

The idea is pretty much the only thing I like about Vendasta now. They used to have great SEO and local products and now it's just overpriced outsourced garbage.

What do you dislike?

-Huge paywall for anything worth anything (like websites and automation)

-Terrible customer service that lies to you

-Salespeople who will blow up your phone every month for a year if you sign up on anything and then ghost you as soon as you put your credit card in

-Removed all of the SEO offerings they had before, probably only offering them to the people paying 1k / mo.

-The software is clunky and terrible. I'm a very tech savvy marketer, and I had trouble even buying a single product or adding it to my shop.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely RUN from this company.

Sales scalability for marketing agencies, customer service, reputation management. I realized the benefit of shopping around. Plenty of great other companies to use (like thehoth.com).

Carlton R. S.

"Not a good experience w/ this company."

What do you like best?

Their partner dashboard had a good UI and was easy to use.

The sales people were always nice, but the way they sell their product is too aggressive.

What do you dislike?

My main problem with Vendasta was how I was sold into the platform initially. They cold-emailed me, and I did the first meeting with their business development person. I was coming off a not-so-great experience with YEXT and looking for listings management solution.

I don't feel the full weight of their partner pricing was outlined. In fact, it was glossed over.

I received quite a shock when the first invoice came!

And I was locked into a contract. Shame on me for not reading the fine print.

I decided to make the best out of it and tried using their social media management services. My clients were very unhappy with the work -- who wouldn't be when the name of the business was misspelled twice on two different accounts. It made me look bad.

Still, despite a material breach of contract, I could not get out of it.

Their accounting team is beyond aggressive. Ironically, it turned out to be just like the bad experience I had at YEXT.

The SEO services outsourcing option was of shocking low quality.

I understand they have since switched to another outsourced SEO services provider.

Ultimately, the product itself doesn't live up to its hype because of the steep Digital Agency price considering the quality of service that I received.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think there are better listings management options out there.

The listings management tool and online reputation management tool were both pretty solid.

Agency

"Intuitive Design but can be Inefficient at times."

What do you like best?

I like how it lists all our clients in one place and the ticketing system is easy to navigate.

Also, I like that the reputation management can be done through one portal.

Vendasta Local is also very easy to set up for Local SEO and ensuring that your NAP is the same across the internet. It made the process a lot less of a hassle.

What do you dislike?

At times, when you type in key words into the CRM, it will not bring the match up until you write EXACTLY what the title says.

You can do things through one portal but it does not solidify it down. Let me explain,

if multiple people comment or like the same post, it shows up individually on Vendasta. Therefore, you are liking and responding to multple comments and likes on the same thread but they are show as individual on Vendasta.

It lets us have our clients all in one place and ease of access to their information.

Connie G.

"Meets so many of my needs!"

What do you like best?

Vendasta has been extremely easy to use. The platform is accessible to everyone in our company, no matter where they are located. The help system is extensive, and using the chat has given us almost immediate solutions to our problems.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few limitations to our needs. We had to work around the markets to make it work for us. However, with guidance from their help team, we solved that as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it highly. We have requested changes to the software, and have seen changes that make it work more efficiently for our team!

Vendasta has so many pieces, we decided to roll it out in phases. The first phase was just to collect client database. Then we began tagging and sending campaigns. Now we have begun using it as a sales tool for our internal sales team. This has been very successful, I look forward to discovering future uses of this tool.

E
Executive Sponsor

"A well thought out platform and portfolio of white-label marketing products and services."

What do you like best?

The core of Vendasta is the "Partner Center" which is a well thought out and implemented CRM tailor made for managing the full spectrum of marketing activities. Partner center has both and administrative, sales, operational, and customer facing components. It strikes a good balance of specialization to the domain while maintaining flexibility that will accommodate a variety of business needs. The executive reports, which are actively being developed and improved, are a powerful tool to help agencies manage their client relationships.

What do you dislike?

The snapshot report is powerful as a sales tool, but I don't believe the per use model is correct. I think the information in here could be much more robust, and for the recurring fees to partners I think the per report charge is far too high.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. Spend as much time as possible during your evaluation period.

2. Have a clear business plan. An "Agency in a box" is exactly that. In a box.

Our principal reason to use this platform is to allow us to generate greater value and business outcomes for our clients.

David L.

"World Class Leader in bringing Digital Transformation to SMB's"

What do you like best?

VendAsta's team has passion for their service and their industry from the CEO to the front line leaders! They never say no to idea's but encourage the end user to give continual feedback to help make their service better and more efficient for the partners and end users.

What do you dislike?

I am at a loss for words! I cannot think of anything that I dislike about VendAsta.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VendAsta is a World Class software developer that can help your company scale fast with a quick ROI. Their ability to understand your company, its goals and how to help you achieve them

We are helping SMB's become educated on how important it is to make sure their virtual doorway represents their brand and company well. All media today drives search so you have to take care of your online reputation. We are growing our partner base and revenue streams by utilizing VendAsta's SaaS platform.

Matthew K.

"Vendasta, perfect for startups with low revenue"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that i was able to use their "free" tier to offer services to clients before i had a lot of revenue coming in. These services were easy to deploy and i was able to purchase them as needed, when MY clients paid me.

What do you dislike?

Some of the services are overly simplistic. I manage the websites i was building with their wordpress service and the customer "login/logout" screens were interfering with a plugin for logging in to the website itself. Some of the other services are like this too, designed to be used by the client by themselves so if you are the one managing the services you sell, it can be frustrating at times

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Research their offerings and pricing before making your decision, if you have the money, another reseller opportunity might be better depending on your existing client base. If you are just starting up, Vendasta is perfect!

i have been able to offer internet marketing services on a case by case basis that i otherwise wouldn't have been able to. Most "reseller" sites make you pay a hefty monthly fee just to access the ability to sell their services. With Vendasta i can appear to be a fully staffed digital agency (and perform as such!)

Agency

"Good, but could be better "

What do you like best?

I like how I have a product that I can sell to my client base without having to invest lots of money in development. I also like how staff at Vendasta are willing to help when there is a problem.

What do you dislike?

The reputation management interface, whilst it has improved over the last year, is not a well thought out piece of software.

Trying to explain it to my clients is difficult. Why on earth they have separated the gathering of reviews ( customer voice ) from the reviews themselves ( reputation mannegement ) is beyond me.

The product is good and is a well received concept when speaking to my clients. However, you then demo the product them and you find yourself saying a lot of “ click here, go here, then to do this go here “ etc.

The user journey for reputation management/ customer voice is horrible. It’s a shame as it could be so much better.

Also, being given the opportunity to feedback on a product when you are the one using it so much would be good.

The problem I’m solving is being able to offer a product to my clients who want to take control of their online reputation.

Even though I feel that that product could be improved in various ways.

Evan E.

"Vendasta Rewvolutionized Our Business"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Vendasta is that they are constantly adding products and updating the software to make it easier for us as a business to resell. They make it so simple to setup a "marketplace" of apps that we can then resell to our clientbase.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike, if I really had to pick one, would be that we had some issues importing a bunch of our sites from our old server into Vendasta's Website Pro. Their support has been very helpful and they were able to fix all issues in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use a bunch of separate apps for SEO, hosting, social, search, etc., considering switching to Vendasta to be able to manage all of it in one spot.

A big issue that we are solving with Vendasta is concisive reporting for our clients. Previously, we'd have to present reports from multiple platforms and then try and organize them all before showing the client. With Vendasta, all of the reporting from all of our apps is laid out nicely in one, good looking monthly report that our clients now love.

"Great so far!"

What do you like best?

We recently began working with Vendasta. The customer service that we have received has been outstanding. Every time we ask a question, we are promptly provided with not only answers but real-world applications and advice. Vendasta has accumulated significant experience over time and freely shares this information with its partners.

What do you dislike?

Part of our agreement included 100 SnapShot reports. We absolutely love these reports, and they are an incredible sales tool. Unfortunately we are only allocated 20 per month. Not a huge issue, but would be nice if we could use more than our monthly allocation.

We reached a point where we needed to either add staff to our business or outsource. We chose the latter via Vendasta. Prior to this transition we spent the bulk of our time in the weeds doing the work for our clients. Vendasta allowed us to free up time to focus on sales, strategy, and servicing our customers more efficiently.

Dominic Z.

"Vendasta is great online reputation management"

What do you like best?

Vendasta's best feature is definitely how it is able to encourage clients to leave a review. That's all we use it for anyway.

What do you dislike?

Some parts of the user interface are not very intuitive. I remember having a hard time figuring out why the reviews widget was not working. I know its an add-on, but I could not find where to add it on at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a review management system, its great! I haven't checked out the other features, but the online reputation manager works like a charm.

We use vendasta to help our clients get reviews from their clients, which help them rank better with google. Everybody wins!

AM
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great range of possibilities, good enough execution of each"

What do you like best?

Vendasta creates a myriad of possible options for our business to incorporate in marketing both ourselves and our clients. Website performance reports, Listing distribution, and online review management are probably in the top ring of that

What do you dislike?

Social scheduling tools at times feel limited or not up to their full potential. That said, certain features have improved in recent months. Would love to see pinterest compatibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Vendasta's best advantage is their versatility and agility. They've worked with us on custom APIs and seem to be working to develop better products. As far as helpful white label services they should definitely be considered to cover a lot of options without many different tools.

Our business uses a wide range of social & review tools as well as listing service to improve google ranks. For our own marketing, generating reports to show clients their weaknesses certainly helps sell our services

Agency

"Really IS a PARTNERSHIP!!!"

What do you like best?

I've been working with Vendasta for several years with different companies and now my own agency. They are absolutely amazing to work with. They are always there to help out when I have questions and help me grow by recommending things I hadn't thought of.

What do you dislike?

I first started working with Vendasta in 2010 when I was with Stephens Media, since then, I've launched them at two other companies. One of those being my own. I have absolutely NO complaints with Vendasta.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're in the advertising and marketing space, you should really give Vendasta a try. They have decreased my workload and increased my profit margins.

They have taken over the heavy lifting and allow me to spend more time ON my business and not IN my business. I can trust when they are managing something it is done right.

AM

"Fantastic customer service"

What do you like best?

The fantastic customer service. I never have to wait and I get intelligent answers to my questions

What do you dislike?

I haven't been offered one product/service that I couldn't find elsewhere for the same price. And the products I've used have been serious disappointments. I also don't like that I sent out Snapshot reports that were inaccurate and just pissed off prospects left and right. They're way too harsh to be accepted by prospects as anything approaching genuine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop for the services offered before signing up. First go with the lowest commitment level available, try out the products, and then decide if it's right for you and your clients.

Marketing to my meager list of prospects and posting on social is the only Vendasta services I'm using wright now. I've found better sources for everything else elsewhere.

Simon P.

"Genuine company with a high level of service"

What do you like best?

Their service and their evolving digital products and marketplace.

What do you dislike?

Can't say I can put anything in this field. Perhaps that i'd love to have the ability to give them more feedback on "what agencies need in a platform".

They help us provide digital solutions for local businesses to conquer their online presence. We've been a partner of Vendasta's for over 7 years. We truthfully started by only selling their digital offerings and utilizing their white labelled digital agency. And now have grown to a full blown digital agency with 3 offices in North America and one abroad.

Agency

"Best use for time optimization"

What do you like best?

Best feature is that all my tools are in one location. I no longer need to jump back and forth between products!

What do you dislike?

Used the 3rd party service to update a logo for a client. It was useless. They were hard to get in touch with, didn't speak English very well, and did not give me anything close to what I asked. Waste of money.

Social Media management and Reputation management are probably our biggest right now. Vendasta allows us to white label our services. We have a range of clients, some want a DIY solution, others need help, and some clients that want us to handle it all. Vendasta allows us to offer a range of services to best meet the needs of our customers.

Chuck S.

"Vendasta tools are an integral business solution"

What do you like best?

Vendasta offers a very well-rounded suite of tools designed to promote your business in the digital space and does this with exceptional cuistomer service and top-shelf technology.

What do you dislike?

There are times that I would like to see improvements/enhancements to product features happen a little faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't find a more responsive technology partner to work with.

The ability to offer our customers a managed solution for all of their digital marketing needs in one space. Vendasta makes managing multiple accounts at the same time a breeze!

Christie P.

"First Year Agency"

What do you like best?

I love being able to offer my clients a one stop shop for most of their marketing needs. Marketing can be tough (a lot of heavy lifting) for a small or large business and this is one more thing we can offer to make marketing enjoyable and easy to be success.

What do you dislike?

I would love a client facing branded mobile app to make using it on the go easier.

Vendasta helped us productize our services- they made it easy to buy and scalable.

Emerson C.

"A great choice to provide leading marketing solutions"

What do you like best?

Vendasta white-label platform allows us to focus where we need: marketing and sales of digital solutions for small & medium businesses. By tapping into their powerful solutions, we are able to service our end users quickly, creating a process of acquisition, retention and growth of revenues.

What do you dislike?

Their products are built for the North American region, which makes complete sense. It'll be great when they start pushing internationalization to cover more markets.

Reduction of development costs associated with a very fast turnaround in offering 60+ new products to our local market. The capacity to provide centralized reporting and control through the Business Center to our advertisers. Also, enabling then to access new solutions via the App Marketplace.

E
Executive Sponsor

"Perfect solution for marketing agencies"

What do you like best?

Vendasta platform covers almost all needs of a digital marketing agency to serve its customer needs. Helps in sales processes in acquisition and retention. Marketing automation is a strong tool for increasing sales efficiency

What do you dislike?

There are missing last pieces of the sales process - invoicing and billing as well as customer care support functionality. Currently on the road map and should be ready in 2019.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Vendasta solves a majority of digital marketing agency needs and perfectly fits its business. Future road map even promises more features and will cover the entire business process.

CRM, Customer center with the possibility to manage online content, check online presence performance and other one-shop stop solutions for customers. E-shop with marketing automation tools.

Learn more about Vendasta

Vendasta Videos

Learning about Vendasta?

* We monitor all Vendasta reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.