Toggl Reviews & Product Details

What is Toggl?

Toggl is an online tracking too for freelancers, consultants, and small companies. It allows users to track the time spent on projects and analyze productivity.

Toggl Screenshots

1-50 of 431 total Toggl reviews
Technical Writer
Computer & Network Security

"Easy, Intuitive timetracking"

What do you like best?

It's hard to decide what the best feature of Toggl is. The ease of use - being able to set up new clients, new projects, and be able to start typing and Toggl matches any string, even if it appears in the middle or end of the name. Also, when it comes to billing clients, the summary pages are so clear and informative. It's actually fun to send a report to a client. They're so impressed! Best of all, I end up making more money because my time doesn't get lost. Every minute I spend on a project is accounted for, just by the press of the Toggl button.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I end up taking more time than I like dividing up large chunks of time into smaller segments. Bulk editing - it's strange that some of the features are on one side of the timeline, and others are on the other side, which means I have to drag the pointer from one side of the screen to the other (I work on a laptop with Toggl in the browser.) Also, Toggl's keyboard shortcuts haven't kept up with some of the product page refactoring. It is now harder for me to select a client filter in the Reports pages, for my selection to stick, I have to go back and click again on the Filter heading. That's a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before you start, think about making two workspaces, one for business and one for personal, and make sure you create products and clients that are appropriate for each workspace. For instance, I have a "Family" client in my personal workspace. Also, give a little thought at the beginning to the information about your time that is most important to you. This way you can set up your Toggl environment using native Toggl features for specific sets of information.

I solve productivity issues with Toggl. Toggl helps me break down projects into smaller pieces which helps me visualize my progress. This actually helps me overcome the "overwhelmed" hurdle. Toggl also helps me gauge how much time I will need for upcoming projects, by reviewing total time for similar previous projects.

graphic designer

"Manage all your time in one place"

What do you like best?

Toggl is a great tool to manage all your time on the internet. You can create projects or workbenches and thus you can take the time you have invested in each of your activities. It's easy to add other users to your workbenches so they can balance the time spent. It is also very useful if you are a freelancer because you can take the time you are dedicating to each of your clients.

I particularly like the interface to be able to see the reports of the time spent on each of the projects.

ator

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools are in the paid version and I think it's a bit expensive. But other than that I have not had any inconvenience when using toggl.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend toggl to all those who want to keep an exhaustive control of their time invested in work. It has a very intuitive interface and easy to use also has a very good free version and allows you to work with different people, so you can start using it without risk.

He used toggl to keep control of the tasks within the team of designers within the company, in addition to this I love because it allows you to have very accurately the time invested in each of the design projects, and really know which customers need more time to perform their orders and thus adjust the price of our services.

Digital Marketing

"Simple Time Tracking Tool for Freelancers and Hourly Workers"

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple to use and accurately tracks time. It's simple to use, simple to edit, and simple to visually see where you are allocating your time (by project, by client, etc.). It was a great tool to help me track the # of hours I was working, and where they were going.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't a lot of customization options for reporting, or at least there wasn't on the free plan. It was also sometimes difficult to edit times, or go back and add times you forgot to track. It also would be great to have an alert if you go over a certain # of hours, or a "Manager" setting so a manager can see only a limited amount of info (like total # of hours worked, etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I would. If you need a simple time tracking tool that tracks hours, tasks, projects, etc. this is a great tool for free. I never took advantage of any of the paid features but it has the ability to automatically generate invoices, add team members, collaborate, and more.

I stopped having to manually track by hours in an Excel spreadsheet, or rely on my phone timer. It allowed me to focus on working, and I was able to accurately track by the minute. It helped me be more productive, helped keep me on track, and helped with invoicing at the end of the pay periods.

customer service manager

"Measure time in a simple way with toggl"

What do you like best?

an excellent tool to keep track of your time, in a simplified and powerful interface you can keep track of all the time you have invested in your daily activities. I also love that it is very easy to change activity or project, and so it is much more accurate to calculate the actual time invested in each of the projects, is an excellent tool to generate reports of the time invested in each of the customers, also customers have knowledge of each of the activities.

It is easy to invite other team members and work under the same workspace, and thus keep track of all team members how much time they have invested in different activities or projects.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any problem, it's an excellent work tool

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To all people who want to keep an exhaustive control of the time invested in each of their daily activities, I urge them to wear toggles. A simple and very powerful tool to manage your time and that of your team, it is also free, and has a lot of useful functions and if you need some other feature such as control the hourly cost you can go up to the payment plan.

I use toggl to manage the hours that I invest daily in each of my projects, and I also use it to generate reports where I can see in which project I am spending more time weekly, and thus seek a balance between each of the projects we are running.

development manager

"Organizing my work time has never been easier."

What do you like best?

There are many things that I love about toggl and mainly is the simplified interface and easy to use, helps me to keep a very precise control of the time I'm investing in each of my projects, also gives me the possibility to know the time of my team under the same interface, really fascinating as it helps my team and me to take the hours employed.

Another thing that I personally love is the extension it has for google chrome which allows to facilitate even more the change of project and the time spent with a couple of clicks changes of project without having to open the page. And if we add to this the quality of the reports we can generate, it becomes a very powerful tool to organize the work both personally and as a team.

What do you dislike?

It's an excellent tool, I don't think I have anything that I dislike at all. To this I could only add that in the free version limits a little the number of customers, but without taking into account this is a very good free tool for personal use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

is one of the best tools I have used, do not hesitate to use it will be of great help.

I currently use toggle in a personal way to keep track of the hours and activities I'm doing daily, and so at the end of the week to know that I'm investing more time, and be able to balance between all my projects both personal and work.

Owner
Medical Practice
(Myself Only)

"Toggl Makes My Life So Easy!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Toggl! I am a freelance biller and credentialer for mental health professionals and it makes it so simple to track my time for them. I have them all inputted and can easily switch back and forth and it keeps track of my time. I can also pull it up on my computer which I like as well. I also love that it's free! I am still fairly new in my business and need to keep my overhead down!

What do you dislike?

I've tried to create separate groups for my billing and credentialing but couldn't quite figure it out. I just have it separated based on client and that works good enough for me. I haven't quite figured out how to do a billable rate or anything like that or invoices. I know there are other features but I haven't had the time to figure them out yet.

It helps me to easily and accurately (very important!) track my time with multiple clients.

PR + Social Media Strategist

"Streamlined time tracking for your whole team"

What do you like best?

I used to jot down my start and stop time on scraps of paper, which I would regularly lose. Toggl makes it so easy to track my time spent on each project, and gives me visibility into my team's time logs, too, with robust reports to better understand how our time is spent. It even works offline. It's very intuitive and easy to add new projects and clients. And there is far more functionality beyond time tracking that I haven't even tapped into yet!

What do you dislike?

More color options for projects & clients

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's free! At first I thought it would be a hassle to transition to this from my method of time tracking on paper, but once you get used to it, it's literally as easy as a few clicks. Now Toggl is always open in my browser and I use it every day.

With Toggl I gain visibility into how my time is spent, which helps me improve my productivity and understand how much time is involved in certain types of projects, which ultimately puts me in a better position to estimate new project rates and requirements more accurately.

Founder
Market Research

"A very useful tool"

What do you like best?

Toggl is easy to use, flexible, has an attractive and clean user interface and provides a powerful set of tools. Using Toggl has made it much easier for me to visualize where my work time goes, as well as helping me better manage clients' projects.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to forget to clock in and clock out of Toggl. I'd like to see, let's say a floating timer button which reminds you to check out when you're done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Toggl's not completely mature, so you may want to play with it before you use it as a backbone of your business. Also, my instinct is that it will work best for very small businesses (e.g. one to five employees), as I don't know how scalable its functions are. That being said, particularly if you are a freelancer, I suggest you dive right in and give the free version a try-out.

Be sure to create project categories immediately or you won't learn as much as you might like about your time. Also, if you're in a business (such as law) where producing fine-grained reports on your use of time is important, you'll probably need the paid version.

I manage multiple client projects at any one time, and before I began using Toggl it was hard to tell where my time was going. Since beginning to use Toggl I've learned a lot about where my time is going and have been able to tweak my routines for the better.

Product Specialist

"Brilliant. "

What do you like best?

Toggl makes it simple to track your digital time and gives you control over every aspect of how you’d like to track it. Categorize the time into projects, use tags to sort them later in reporting, and give them descriptions to remind yourself what you were doing. After tracking once, simply click the play button to start tracking new time using it as a template. It’s cross platform and works in the browser, on the desktop, and on mobile. One word: Brilliant.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better timer view in the desktop and browser apps; possibly a full screen option. I like keeping a tab open to track my time and would love a bigger view of the counter in order to see my progress at a glance in my second monitor.

Toggl is extremely useful and gives me the ability to understand where my day is going and what projects I’m working on the most. It’s given me an overview of my time in reporting so I can learn where to be more efficient and where my processes can improve. As the saying goes, “Time is money.”

Chapter Consultant
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Effectively Manage Your Time and Projects"

What do you like best?

Whether you're looking for a digital time sheet, or are looking to a time management platform, Toggl is the software for you! There was a point in time where the organization had used Toggl as a way to track employee time, and the platform allowed management to easily collect a time sheet and evaluate working hours. On the otherhand, Toggl can easily be used as a time management tool to see where you are allotting your time for a project, or generally speaking throughout a give time period. The collection of data is easy to filter and export.

What do you dislike?

Toggl can at times be tedious until a user is in the swing of documenting their day throughout. The timer feature is useful to get the most accurate calculation of time spent on different areas of the day, but again, unless you're in the habit of hitting "start" and "stop" it's hard to keep up with at times.

Toggl is giving employees a realistic picture of how their time is spent during the day. It allows management to delegate more effectively and work in a more collaboratively as a department or entire organization.

Project Manager

"Time Tracking w/ Superior Reporting & Project Management"

What do you like best?

Toggl has so many little features rolled into it that just help to make a Project Manager's life easier. It has the basic time tracking abilities you'd expect from any competing software, but then goes a step further with Projects featuring tasks, that you can then mark as completed to avoid mistracking time on a project. A step even beyond that, Toggl features robust reporting so that you can easily see where time is going for your team. Tracking every second of our employee's time has never been a critical part of our business goals, but the ability to look back and see how long specific parts of projects generally tend to take is invaluable in the proposal writing process of any business.

What do you dislike?

It can be too constraining at times, and a little too "free range" at other times. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but there is a wide margin for terminology differing based on the individual. I can't really imagine this software being super scalable for teams larger than 20-30 people as a result of the drastic variances or necessary internal guidelines for tracking tasks/marking descriptions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Track everything and set stuff up at as granular a level as will be beneficial for reporting. You'll thank yourself later when you're looking back or trying to weigh the success of a project.

Easily keeping track of our time spent on projects. Quickly able to check metrics when it comes to time spent by our employees. And has been super clutch when it comes to tracking time for projects that are based on an hourly retainer.

Chief Operating Officer

"Toggl is the Best Timekeeper for Personal or Team Use"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of starting/stopping the timer and all its integrations: Chrome plugin, Siri Shortcuts, Asana.

What do you dislike?

I don't like their mobile app as much as their desktop experience. It's harder to run reports and categorize timers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use all their integrations and plugins. I love using the Chrome plugin, Siri shortcuts, and Asana for task logging. For example, I have a Siri Shortcut that when I click on it from my widgets' window, it asks me what I'm working on, I choose a topic, and then it starts the timer for me without having to open the app. Another way I use it is in Asana. The Chrome plugin makes it integrate within each task of Asana, so I just click on the Toggl logo next to my task, it asks me to choose a category, and boom! It's tracking my time for that task.

I'm solving the problem of not knowing what I did that day and how to optimize my time. It also allows me to optimize my other teammates' time.

TDY Reservations Tools and Technology -Operational Products
Airlines/Aviation
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy and efficient way for time keeping"

What do you like best?

One of the things I liked about this was the desktop app. It easily integrated with my outlook calendar and helped to pre-populate and time scheduled meetings and events. Additionally the desktop application will detect when you've been inactive and there is a timer running allowing you to keep or discard the time. Reports are easy to generate and see where your time is spent.

What do you dislike?

So I know the goal is to try and keep you doing one task at a time. The problem is that in my job I am constantly multi-tasking. Getting interrupted for a quick discussion on a project while I am working on another task, or in some cases while I am working through lunch. While I can go in and manually adjust the tasks so they reflect the overlap, I wish there were a way to keep multiple timers running at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This really is a great tool if you need to track time spent on projects. I have recommended this to people who also need to expense their time for certain projects. I actually have my sister using toggl while she is earning her hours in her internship. It's been a great tool for me and I will continue to use.

It was an easy way for my team to track project time and individual workloads. In only a month we were able to provide easy reports to our senior leadership that all of us had waaaay too much on our plates and that we needed additional headcount. As a result we were able to re0distribute the work on our team so that we were not feeling overloaded and we were able to be more efficient at the tasks we were assigned.

CTO
Media Production

"Best timer application and service, hands down."

What do you like best?

The style, the functionality, the absolute ease of use in making sure that every minute of my freelance and contractor work gets tracked and reported so that I can get paid!

What do you dislike?

There are times that I forget to turn the time off. This isn't really a huge deal as Toggl emails you to remind you that a timer is still running, but by this point I have gone to bed and end up just stopping the timer and manually editing it the next morning to be the correct stop time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it on your mobile phone and use it always. If you don't track your time for work, how can you expect to get paid?! This app is available across the board. I have it installed on every device I use for work (that includes my tablet) and even though I only open it rarely on mobile, when I do use it, I'm extremely grateful it was available.

Tracking my time to get paid. This app is even used to track my downtime so that I don't spend too long not working during the main hours of the day. Recently I have also started using it to manage my gaming time and writing time when I have to work on new blog articles (even though these hours do not get turned in, but are mainly for personally reporting purposes).

Team Leader

"It is easy and simple to regain control of time with Toggl."

What do you like best?

The idle time feature is awesome to prevent forgetting to stop the timer and trying to guess later when I stepped away.

Nice dashboard and weekly reports by email.

It is easy to to edit start and end times, tags etc.

The features are functional and you get everything you need for a basic time tracker with reports that can be exported as a PDF or Excel file.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issue with Toggl.I have used it for some years and I have found it very helpful and supportive.

I am fully contented and satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Toggl for time tracking.

It is easy to track time with Toggl and I can easily export my time sheets and send to customers.

It's easy to use,accurate and simple time tracking with great reporting.

Freelance Creative

"Great for tracking freelance hours by project"

What do you like best?

I use Toggl to track how many hours I work per project. I like how easy it is to clock in and designate which project I am adding hours on. At the end of the week, I check my total clocked hours.

What do you dislike?

It could be a bit more organized. It would be nice to be able to separate projects per week. It could very well be user error on my part, but I'd like to look at weekly total hours and separate by projects during that week.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To any freelancers looking to keep track of hours while working remotely, this is a great tool. It is easier to jump into than other "time clock" apps.

This is the only tool I use for tracking hours worked on freelance projects. The benefit is an exact calculation of hours/ minutes that I can bill.

Executive Assistant and Owner
Executive Office
(Myself Only)

"Really impressive time-tracking, Great UI"

What do you like best?

Toggle has a great user interface that is easy to navigate but is also super intuitive. There are a lot of little details and the ability to manipulate a bunch of different things, such as workspaces, clients, projects, people, and more. I like that I am able to download a report that is comprehensive, including all of the information necessary and is easy to read and export so I can provide it to clients or others. I LOVE that it has a desktop and mobile app as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the mobile app is as optimized as it could be. Otherwise, there isn't a lot to dislike. There are plenty of features for the Free version of Toggl and then there are additional, awesome features when you are ready for the paid version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Toggl for anyone who needs a comprehensive time tracking software for their business. This system is great for subcontractors, business owners, freelancers etc. If you want to provide time reports to your clients and employers, this is a fantastic way to do so. Businesses who need something more fleshed out should definitely consider the paid versions of Toggl as well.

I use Toggl for my subcontractors to time track and send me weekly reports. This allows me to monitor the project they work on and the exact time tracked so I can charge clients and pay the subcontractor accordingly. It is an amazing tool that is super clean and easy to understand for them and for me.

Digital Marketing Manager

"Time tracking app with several features"

What do you like best?

At our company, it is important that we not only track time, but also track the project that time is going to. This helps us realize which projects and clients are taking up most of our time, and help us determine the ROI of our clients and our time. We like that you can attribute your time to a specific client or project, as well as add tags to help sort through your tasks. We use the tags for our 6 main services so we can pull reports about how much time we are all spending on each service.

What do you dislike?

The toggl app can sometimes be slow or buggy, and there are several updates. While usually quitting the app and restarting it helps, it can still be frustrating when you are trying to switch tasks quickly and can't because the app is being buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this product for those looking for a time tracking app. It has all features of a time tracking app that you would want in a product. You can track tie, attribute to projects, and tag tasks.

We are solving the general problem of time tracking - when are our employees working and what are they working? Overarching benefits include tracking profitability - which clients are taking up most of our time? We can use all of the reports and facts to generate actionable steps and goals for the next quarter in terms of maximizing our time.

"Great product for not letting time slip by + tracking time for client invoicing"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the desktop interface is to use. With a few clicks (or keyboard shortcuts) I can start a new task, name it, and assign a project.

I also like the weekly email reports Toggl sends me. With a glance, I can tell how much time I spent on various work responsibilities.

Reports are very easy to produce. I use them both to evaluate my own time and to determine how many hours a client should be charged for.

What do you dislike?

The desktop app sometimes jumps way down in the list of recorded time entries after I submit a new one. It's annoying, but doesn't affect my workflow much.

Toggl keeps me conscious of how long I've been at a current task. It motivates me to not slack off, but finish the work in a timely manner.

Toggl enables me to send clients invoices that are accurate to the second, giving them confidence that we are charging them fairly.

Digital Engagement Coordinator

"Toggl makes tracking your time easy"

What do you like best?

Toggl makes it easier than ever to set up different projects and track your time. Switching from one project to the next is seamless.

What do you dislike?

There is a small learning curve to the product, and it took me a couple of times to get it right, but this is not a drawback. There is nothing I would say that I dislike about Toggl.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a tool to get started tracking your time working on a variety of projects, look no further than Toggl.

As a freelance graphic designer and web developer, Toggl makes it easy to track when I'm working on specific projects. Because I bill them at separate rates, it is quick and painless to look and see how many hours I have worked at each dollar rate.

Account Relationship Manager

"Toggl the great time tracker.easy to use and very intuitive."

What do you like best?

The most important thing to consider when choosing time tracking software is how easy it is to use.

There are many time tracking tools but when it comes to simplicity, Toggl is so simple and easy to use.

Tick improves productivity alot and it kills procrastination.

Am so grateful for having this tool around me having all the features I needed most to work stress free and more organized.

What do you dislike?

I am happy that I got rid of procrastination and vacillation completely and today am a glad,organized and a punctual employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I highly recommend Toggl for time tracking.

The application is cloud based which makes it accessible from anywhere anytime.

Ease of time tracking.

Reporting.

Director

"great and simple time tracking app"

What do you like best?

Runs everywhere (I'm using Mac version but it has apps for Android & iOS as well as Windows and even web version! so it is really easy to track even if you are on a guest computer or on the go)

It is very simple and has shortcuts which save time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it was lagging but looks like they fixed it, as I didn't experience it for half a year already.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has a free version which is enough to run and see if your team is benefiting from it and is it easy enough to use for everybody

Tracking time I spend on the projects as well as analyzing time team spends on it.

"A Stress-Free Way to Create Your Timesheet "

What do you like best?

Toggl has been beyond helpful to me as a freelancer. It allows me to jump from project to project, take breaks, and pick back up in any project where I left off, all while keeping an accurate, well-organized record of what I have done, when, and for how long. It takes so much stress out of time-tracking and record keeping.

What do you dislike?

At times, it does seem to be a little buggy. (For instance, lately, when I start up Toggl again after having not used it for several hours, it will tell me I am hours and hours into a project I haven't touched in weeks/months. I simply stop the timer and delete the entry, but it is a bit annoying to have to deal with.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to take advantage of all its organizational tools.

It makes it far easier to accurately invoice clients as a freelancer. It also provides excellent organizational tools, making it easier to keep track of projects, clients, or even group projects (it allows you to create teams so that you can keep all the time multiple people spend on a client in one organized space).

Computer programmer

"Toggl!! the best solution in time management to productivity problems"

What do you like best?

Toggl is a simpler time tracking application, either on your desktop, tablet or mobile phone. Each member in the company where I work is used Toggl to track their time, since we consider that time is essential for profitability in our business model. This software allows us to track the hours dedicated to clients and / or projects. Each employee has multiple functions, so it is important to know where the team is being used in order to identify where we need to add personnel within the company to better address current and future needs.

What do you dislike?

They are only small details that can be improved; as a note I can add that: The desktop application is the best of all time tracking applications, but it lacks the brightness of web and iOS interfaces.

When I generate a report based on a long date range (as opposed to a single day or week), Toggl provides logged time entries per project, user, or client, according to my search. Each time entry in the report is itemized and includes a description. However, the date and time per entry is not generated with this data. When I create invoices, I have to manually find what the work was done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very interesting for small companies because it allows to know which member of the team has been working on each project. The good thing about Toggle is that it is very accessible for small businesses since up to 5 members is free. Although it has some features that are of a Pro version, but the basics are quite complete.

And of course, it also has specific reports for each client / project. To make it easier to keep track of what is invoiced to each one. In addition to exporting the reports in .pdf or excel or even synchronize it with the Google suite.

Toggl is ideal for a small office with up to 20 employees who use the same workspace. It is an efficient and easy tool to record data to generate time sheets, billable hours for billing and information for data analysis to identify areas to increase productivity and measure the efficiency of the office and staff.

MD
Hospital & Health Care

"Great Tool for Tracking TIme"

What do you like best?

Toggl is a great productivity app that we have been using at our company for a couple of years now. With Toggl, I can easily get reports on what my employees have been working on, improving the transparency in the workplace. In addition to providing transparency within the company as a whole, Toggl helps me stay more focused on completing my goals and tasks; I use a Toggl for my work schedule as well as my personal one, and I keep them under the same Toggl account. Using Toggl, I've learned how to become more productive.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an auto-generate report feature - this would make my life easier so I don't have to chase down employees for their reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot - I think you'd be surprised at how efficient your team will become.

We use Toggl to stay as efficient at my business as possible. As a small business, it is important to keep our overhead as tidy as possible and with Toggl, we are getting increased productivity out of everyone, since everyone's time is being kept now. Before, a person could spend an hour writing an email - now that takes less than ten minutes and they are on to the next task.

"Great concept! "

What do you like best?

I like the time keeping feature. Honestly it's what we use it for specifically. It's good for organizing projects and seeing where you're spending your time. We like that you can use it for keeping track of what is billable and not as well. The app is slightly more user friendly than the web based program.

What do you dislike?

I understand the method behind it but I don't like that the timer keeps going even after I've shut down my browser or the app. I understand that we wouldn't want to have to keep the tab open or keep refreshing the phone just to keep the timer going but on more than one occasion we've had hours go far higher than intended (and once overnight!) So that feature could use some tweaking (Possibly a time-out after x amount of time option? Or alarm reminders asking if you're still working?)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just play around with it. We use the free version but I think the paid version probably has a lot of really cool features. It tracks days/hours/projects. Useful for someone self-employed with multiple clients or a team trying to track their admins time.

Again we're mostly just using it for the time keeping feature. We love the statistical breakdown of where we are spending our time and which projects we can spend more time on or cut back on.

Founder and Senior Copywriter

"I can track my time and see how productive I'm being"

What do you like best?

I've used multiple time trackers in the past. Toggl has the best interface and ease of use that I've tried so far. Their browser dashboard is nice and easy to use. And their Mac app is super simple and streamlined, so you don't have to jump through a lot of loops to start tracking your time when you are working on a new task.

I like the breakdown of description > project > client. As a freelancer, this helps me organize all of my tasks and keep a record of what I've been working on and for whom.

I have tasks that I need to perform daily and the search autocomplete feature helps me find and pick the right task in a second.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I'll hit enter when the search autocomplete suggest the task I'm looking for, but then it wont' be recorded as such. This is super simple to fix, but that's about all I can think right now. There's not much to dislike about Toggl.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it for a month and then see the reports. You'll be amazed at what you learn about your working habits.

Tracking my time and seeing what I've been working on and for whom. Learning if I'm pricing myself right after seeing how much time it takes me to do certain things.

Owner - Web Developer
Internet
(Myself Only)

"Toggl makes keeping track of time a breeze."

What do you like best?

I like how easy Toggl is to use. You simply hit the start button and start tracking your time. It even gives me reminders every so often to remind me to track my time if I've forgotten to start the timer. It's easy to keep projects separate with the color coding options. I can go online and view reports of all of my tasks and time and export them to csv or pdf. I also like the fact that it will keep track of the time I'm idle. So if I go away from my computer for a time and forget to stop the timer, when I return I get a notification from Toggl telling me how long I was idle, and asking if I'd like to keep that time or remove it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about Toggl. Except maybe the number of clients you can have before you have to upgrade to the paid version. That and the fact that I'm not able to add my hourly rate for each client unless I pay for an upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an easy to use, simple, time-tracking app, then Toggle is for you.

I keep track of the hours I'm working on specific tasks for my clients, and I'm able to export those hours in a nicely formatted report to send along with my invoice. It helps me visualize those projects I'm working on and where I need to put in more time.

CDO

"Nice, quick and free solution for personal projects time tracking"

What do you like best?

Beautiful UI, Chrome extension work very smooth and is full of customization options.

Dashboard is nicely distributed and is easy to manage projects, teams and clients. Overall app performance and loading is fast compared to competitors like Everhour

Free plan is perfect for personal use and small projects highly recommended

Idle time feature makes time tracking more precisely and therefore more accurate reports.

What do you dislike?

Team prices are too expensive for small teams and not dollar based economy.

Manual mode is kind of confusing for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, there's a free version perfect for personal use, let yourself know your performance un your daily tasks.

Easy and fast time tracking for personal projects, nice mobile app very useful if you move through the city constantly for meetings or when commuting.

The management of idle time help us to understand procrastination and take actions.

Free solution alternative to Everhour.

"Versatile, User-Friendly, Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. You can set a timer or enter time manually and it's easy to correct errors. You can set tasks and sub-tasks associated with a particular project to be able to track time across teams for an extended project. Reports are also very easy to generate, customize, and export. We have relied on this service since 2009 and it has been excellent in keeping track of time both for payroll and client billing purposes.

What do you dislike?

It may be a little too easy to edit past time - but this has also been a boon to those of our consultants who have had to postpone adding specific codes to their time in favor of meeting deadlines.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have recommended Toggl to several friends who were starting businesses or even just wanted a better way to track their time at work. It's very helpful in evaluating my own productivity since I can see how much time I'm spending on different tasks - and it's easy enough to use that I'm not spending a lot of time tracking my time. It's become automatic for me.

The archive of time and hours - even for employees who are no longer with us - helps us greatly with compliance for our government contracts. If a client has a question about our billing, we have the data easily available for them.

Team Manager

"Toggl review "

What do you like best?

Toggl is anything but difficult to utilize, adaptable, has an appealing and clean UI and gives a ground-breaking set of instruments. Utilizing Toggl has made it a lot simpler for me to picture where my work time goes, just as helping me better deal with customers' ventures.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a superior clock see in the work area and program applications; perhaps a full screen choice. I like keeping a tab open to follow my time and would love a greater perspective on the counter so as to see my improvement initially in my second screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Track everything and set stuff up at as granular a dimension as will be gainful for detailing. You'll express gratitude toward yourself later when you're thinking back or attempting to gauge the achievement of a venture.

Toggl is amazingly valuable and enables me to comprehend where my day is going and what ventures I'm chipping away at the most. It's given me a review of my time in detailing so I can realize where to be increasingly productive and where my procedures can improve. As the truism goes, "Time is cash."

Marketing Coordinator of Backlist Promotion
Publishing

"A great, straight-forward system."

What do you like best?

I like that Toggl is not complicated. I make a system, I press the "start" button, and I track my time. It's easy to look back over and get all of the information you need.

What do you dislike?

I have no real problem with Toggl. I do not use the client function, so I can't speak into its quality, but everything I use in Toggl works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for time tracking. This is not a task app. This is not an Asana competitor.

This is amazing for sending my tracking up the line. It also keeps me from trying to work on 6 projects at the same time. If I need to work on something else, I intentionally stop working on the first project, pause the tracker, and start a new tracker. Then, I can let my employer know exactly how long certain tasks take, instead of just estimating my weekly time usage.

Institutional Research Analyst
Higher Education

"Got the job done for a free service"

What do you like best?

Toggl is pretty simple to use for my purposes. I am really glad to be able to simply track my time on different projects for free. Also, for a free service, the reporting and summary functions are great.

What do you dislike?

The entry can be a bid tedious. In a previous version, it was really simple to add time entries for a variety of projects on a past date. Now, you have to change the date for every single entry, which can be really frustrating, as I am someone who would back-log my projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely shop around, but if you are looking for simple tracking (especially for free), this service will do the trick.

I didn't use toggl for its budget tracking. My office uses Toggl to track our time spent on a variety of different tasks so we can see how we are spending our time and figure out how we should be spending our time.

Chief Rural & Educational Officer
Civic & Social Organization

"Easy Time Sheet Tracker"

What do you like best?

There are many timesheet apps which would be used on a daily, weekly and monthly basis whereas toggl solve the purpose of tracking each and every task of the routine along with their specific project. This will help us to reflect ourselves to improve our work style. Dashboard and the customized option to have a quick view of our productive efforts. Insights generated from the reports are helpful for the project improvement. Frequent notifications and weekly reports over mails are motivative factors from this application.

What do you dislike?

Multiple Workspaces, Projects, Clients, and Teams should be more user-friendly and billed projects process should be simplified. Restricting few advanced options to paid version has to be redefined. Toggl master certification course is impressive but not getting proper assistance to finish such courses for the free users. It would be great if free users get such opportunity to explore themselves to become subject matter experts to support fellow users from the toggl community.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended to all the executives who don't have specific tasks/timesheet tracker or wanna shift to lean methodological system. Team Leads and Managers can use this application which can help them to track their teammate's efforts and billing hours to do the cost-effective analysis for their projects.

Daily, Weekly and Monthly Time Tracking to evaluate the efforts and productive efforts. Generating the reports on the periodic basis. Frequent training sessions from the support team also helps the users to update on the application usage.

Partner
Non-Profit Organization Management

"The easiest time tracker I've found and we got 100% adoption"

What do you like best?

The simplicity

You can, in the paid versions, mark items as billable and report on them

Tagging, customers, clients, projects, teams, hourly rates, budgets... There's loads of flexibility to record deal work not just idealised ideas of work.

Charity discount.

Browser plugin creates time tracking buttons on loads of websites

Fascinating insights from the desktop app showing what program you've had open at any given time, your Facebook habit will be blown wide open

What do you dislike?

Kind of expensive on the face of it with tiered pricing 😪

Integration with teamweek should make this a world champ but instead they link clunky, unidirectionally and you have to manually move data (eg budgeted hours) from one to the other

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out and if you are a team assume you will have to pay as the free tier just doesn't cut it.

The reason to try it is that whether your team use it accurately or not it's likely to be the decider.

Accurate recording of time spent on different tasks including for billable work.

We achieved this.

Project Manager IT Recruiting (ext.)
Insurance
(10,001+ employees)

"Very useful "

What do you like best?

As a freelancer who is paid by the time worked it's the perfect tool for me to keep my working hours in check, it's very easy to use and what I like best is the reporting that tells you exactly how much time you spent doing what tasks. This also helps with your productivity.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a pause button. Sometimes when I start a task (start the clock) and something comes up, the only thing I can do is to stop the clock. Which is not that bad but I think a pause button would be more useful for short breaks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your time management isn't that great and you wish you had a better overview of what takes up most of your time, try Toggl. For me, it was exactly the tool I needed to keep my time on track.

At the end of each week, I have to send my clients a reporting on what I did for each project. This report includes also a time deduction from the time they booked. It is very important for me to keep a track of my tasks so I can deduct the time correctly. Toggl helped me get rid of the stress that involved keeping track of the time spent on different activities. I just start the clock when I begin a task and stop it at the end.

Owner & Process Improvement Consultant
(Myself Only)

"Excellent tool for time tracking and exporting"

What do you like best?

This tool has made my life so much easier for tracking billable time when working on client projects as a consultant. I was previously using a Google spreadsheet but I really prefer being able to quickly access Toggl and start the timer or manually input and assign the project (based on what I am working on) to the time entry. Then I can export to PDF or a spreadsheet if I want. The reporting feature is so easy to use and provides a professional report that can be shared alongside my invoices I send.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would love to see would be the ability for exported time to be available in time increments other than the standard, for example, 1:30 for 1 hr 30 minutes -- for that to translate to 1.5 for those accounting offices and invoicing tools that use that incremental conversion for billing purposes. For this reason I do keep a separate conversion chart but that's ok. I have submitted that as a feature request already.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a feature rich tool with a free-user plan to be able to test it out with at least one project for unlimited time so this is wonderful. I recommend trying it for a month and I guarantee you will convert over. There is even a mobile app to make life easier.

This just provides the level of professionalism and user simplicity I need so I can worry about managing my daily work vs. the tedious time-tracking of my prior method (spreadsheet).

"Somewhat limited time tracking"

What do you like best?

It works well if you remember to use the real time feature where you’re recording with their stopwatch. I don’t typically find this practical though.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that when you have to do previous days, you have to continue to select the date for each individual entry. If you have multiple clients and days this adds a lot of unnecessary time. You should be able to select the day first and do all of your entries for that day at once. I find it inefficient when entering time. It would be easier if it was a spreadsheet format where you could just list everything in one place.

We use it for time tracking in an agency. It helps keep track of client time so that we know when where people are spending their time and which clients are taking up the bulk of time.

Team Lead Manager

"Time tracking with Toggl is easy."

What do you like best?

I love the software since it gives me the ability to add clients names and create different projects under one client. "Folder".

You can also generate reports to send clients clients as well as get an overview over the last few months to see how your time was divided amongst projects.

Toggl has countless integrations so we are always to start and stop time and accurately record time from any device.

What do you dislike?

No major issues to mention. Toggl has helped us do what we couldn't do a d so far we are so much grateful and appreciative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend.

Toggl has helped us to track time easily and effectively.

About Me!

"Toggl Review"

What do you like best?

This product is so easy to use - it cuts out the middle man of time tracking and lets the individual track their time efficiently and effectively! You can also use this software anywhere - it travels with you, not the other way around! Lastly, my favorite part about this software when I used it was that it is so accurate! It doesn't mess around with your time, it doesn't cut corners - it's effective and accurate!

What do you dislike?

This software wasn't always the most user-friendly; sometimes it would be a bit difficult to navigate or log items/time. This only happened occasionally, but when it did it was a big bummer. When I first started using it, the learning curve for myself was tough - it isn't a software that everyone can easily pick up in my opinion!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time getting to know the product - it can be a little difficult to navigate at first, but once you get a handle on things, it's very easy to use! It has given me many tools that I still implement in my life today! I really love this software and recommend it to any business professional! Especially if you're new to the professional world - it is a great asset.

I was using this software at a company I worked at in the past and it was great to keep track of my time and responsibilities. It keeps everything in line, professionally and personally even. I was able to maintain a solid balance while using this software, which was great! I was right out of college when I used Toggl and it helped me adapt really well. I still use some of the time management tools I learned through this software. I was able to keep up with my responsibilities and plan ahead when necessary with this software!