Subscription Genius Reviews & Product Details

Subscription Genius Overview

What is Subscription Genius?

Spend time working on more revenue generating activities rather than your subscription management system. We do subscription management so you don't have to.

Subscription Genius Details

Pape Ventures
@papeventures
207 Twitter followers
Answer a few questions to help the Subscription Genius community
Have you used Subscription Genius before?

Subscription Genius Reviews

Showing 4 Subscription Genius reviews
Already have Subscription Genius?
President
What do you like best?

Simple interface that helps our small publishing business stay on top of subscriptions. API for embedding on website also works great for sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven't explored many of the advanced features, so maybe I'd find something I didn't like there, but for our basic needs I can't say I have any complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Magazine subscription sales and retention, reporting, and mailing database management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

It was EXACTLY what I was looking for, down to the details. I publish a magazine myself and this would have been absolutely perfect if I could've gotten any sort of responses to my customer support problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer service started out fantastic, and then, when it came to uploading the database and implementing it on my website... crickets...nothing, no responses via email, phone, anything. For a month. When I finally cancelled the service, they got back with me and tried to regain my business, but I just can't risk having no tech support for the website that is 99% of my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd wait until they get things operating a lot more smoothly before using this. As it stands right now, I wouldn't touch it. We are staying with Shopify for now and trying out Recurring Billing with a company called Checkend. It's an app that can be added on to a regular Shopify store. Right now it's still in Beta for the size of database we've got, but really really hoping this solution will work out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to manage all my subscribers, renewals and address changes. At the moment we manage our subscribers and mailings with a spreadsheet, which takes HOURS every time we publish an issue. I truly hope they resolve their customer service problems, because if they do, it will be the exact product we've been looking for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publishing Manager
What do you like best?

It has the potential, but feels like an afterthought. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would avoid. Personally we had a torrid experience with the product and company. The platform is dated and feels like an afterthought or a sideline project for Pape Ventures. They certainly don’t invest any time in developing the product and there feels like a real ‘Can’t do’ attitude from the management.

I have lost count at the amount of support emails and calls that went unanswered when quite simply the product did not function as it was sold to us.

If I could give it zero stars if I could as not only did we lose a significant sum of money we also lost a vast amount of time chasing them to deliver on the product they promised.

Overall a disaster that Pape Ventures couldn’t be bothered to fix. That attitude is unfortunately endemic. One side note is that the staff in the form of Andrew and Karen are very good but their hands are tied by poor management. A big shame. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It became a big headache rather than solving problems it caused more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

Idea is good but poorly executed. The aesthetics of the site are nice but the UX is bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was hired by a company to handle data entry into this website. The company had thousands of promo codes for Subscription Offers in a spreadsheet. Turns out there is no import feature at all. There isn't even pagination! The page loads all the records at once for some reason. It also hits a PHP script to retrieve an image for each one. Wow that's a lot of database requests! So I had to write an automation script to do the importing. The fact that the page takes forever to completely load made verifying the state of the page very difficult. I actually had to use AdBlock to remove images from the page in order for the page to completely load. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan on having thousands of Subscription Offers then this service will be problematic for you unless you hire someone that knows about automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are not enough reviews of Subscription Genius for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Sage Intacct Logo
Sage Intacct
(1,227)
Sage Intacct is cloud accounting and web-based financial management software designed to help companies improve performance and accelerate growth.
HubSpot Sales Hub Logo
HubSpot Sales Hub
(6,764)
Supercharge your sales process with Sales Hub, a powerful and easy-to-use sales CRM that includes sales engagement tools, configure-price-quote (CPQ) functionality, and robust sales analytics for growing teams.
ZoomInfo Logo
ZoomInfo
(4,435)
ZoomInfo is a growth acceleration platform delivering accurate and actionable contact and business information to empower your sales, marketing, and recruiting teams.
Act-On Logo
Act-On
The Act-On Integrated Marketing Platform is the foundation for successful marketing departments in organizations of all sizes.
SharpSpring Logo
SharpSpring
SharpSpring is Simple Marketing Automation for Agencies & SMBs
Chargebee Logo
Chargebee
4.7
Chargebee is a recurring billing and subscription management platform for subscription businesses. We work with 25+ payment gateways and support billing in 100+ currencies across 150+ countries right out of the box.
Leadfeeder Logo
Leadfeeder
Leadfeeder is a lead generation tool for B2B companies. Leadfeeder turns your website visitors into sales leads by uncovering the companies that visit your website and what they do there.
Chargify Logo
Chargify
Chargify is a subscription management tool that allows users to manage their recurring revenue and adapt to add-ons, usage fees, coupons, and discounts.
ServiceNow Now Platform Logo
ServiceNow Now Platform
4.0
The Now Platform delivers a System of Action for the enterprise. Using a single data model, it makes it easy to create contextual workflows and automate business processes. The platform's Intelligent Automation Engine combines machine learning with automated actions to dramatically reduce costs and speed time‑to‑resolution.
Zuora Logo
Zuora
3.8
Zuora is a subscription billing, commerce, & finance platform that enables your subscription business to succeed.