Spok

3.8

Spok provides a secure texting app for smartphones and tablets for hospitals and healthcare organizations that is HIPAA-compliant, improves the efficiency and quality of communication among your physicians, nurses, and staff, and helps set up your hospital to deliver safer, better care. Spok allows key hospital staff members to access private health information and conduct secure consultations from their personal mobile device.

Work for Spok?

Learning about Spok?

Spok Reviews

Showing 2 Spok reviews
Spok review by Samuel C.
Samuel C.

"Spok mobile for hospital paging"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to carry a physical pager, and that I can add different pagers to my account. I like that there are different ring tones you can choose for different pages. It is simple to use and it is reliable.

What do you dislike?

The software is slow and sometimes shuts down. It is annoying that I can't take a new pager via the app, I need to call the Hospital Operator to transfer a pager. I would appreciate it if I could text more easily via Spok, but you can't text someone with a ghost pager. I also dislike that every number is de-identified, and I can't automatically see who is paging me (and that person doesn't necessarily see who I am when I page them. It would be better if you could set up a profile so your contact information is automatically included with pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend first changing the ringtone from the automatic one (there are many different options to choose from). This is the only mobile paging service that I have used and overall it is very effective. I would recommend it, as long as you don't mind that you often can't text and need to communicate with phone calls.

The problem is communication in the hospital. The benefits are that I can have a personal pager where I can always be reached, as well as take on other pagers temporarily to be reached for different purposes.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Spok
Spok review by Justin C.
Justin C.

"Secure text paging "

What do you like best?

Ability to receive pages to my phone and ability to text page others using my phones keyboard

What do you dislike?

Can’t tell if someone received my page or read it

Ability to discuss confidential patient information securely

What HIPAA Compliant Messaging solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of Spok for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Lua Logo
Lua
3.6
Mobile messaging that's built for business: instant, secure, and keeps everyone accountable.
Qliq Secure Texting Logo
Qliq Secure Texting
4.7
QliqSOFT is THE Clinical Success Solution, with mobile apps for secure texting, clinical collaboration, on call scheduling, document scan and sign, and pager replacement. Our HIPAA compliant platform gives healthcare providers rapid and convenient ways to reach each other and exchange patient information and status.
Healthwave Connect Logo
Healthwave Connect
5.0
PhoneTree's complete messaging suite ranges from onsite to online options that allow you to deliver accurate, highly customizable calls, texts and emails quickly, easily and affordably.
MediMobile Messaging Logo
MediMobile Messaging
MediMobile Messaging software follows the e-PHI (electronic patient health information) security standards. Our data which is at rest is encrypted and our data which is in motion is communicated securely over TLS (transport layer security). MediMobile's datacenter adheres to SOC 2 Type II compliance and is examined and HITRUST certified. We have a 3rd party security firm auditing for HIPAA compliance. We require a BAA (business associate agreement).
Cliniconex Logo
Cliniconex
Cliniconex is the fastest growing patient communications vendor in Canada, improving clinic revenues and productivity with patient-specific, Set & Forget patient communications that 'lives in your EHR, EMR or practice management system. Focusing on adapting to, and automating, clinic workflow, Cliniconex appointment reminders, booking notifications, patient recalls, post visit surveys, and walk in clinic live estimates on the web help clinics be more efficient, see more patients, and earn more revenues. Email, voice, SMS and the web.
LuxSci Secure Chat Logo
LuxSci Secure Chat
LuxSci providing HIPAA-compliant email, secure email & web services.
MedTunnel Logo
MedTunnel
MedTunnel is a free HIPAA compliant service that provides secure communication for healthcare. It allows users to replace faxing, email, and text messaging
DocsInk Messenger Logo
DocsInk Messenger
DocsInk Messenger is the HIPAA Compliant Secure Messenger used by thousands of healthcare professionals every day and the only one your team will love.
Evergreen Life Healthcare Messagin Logo
Evergreen Life Healthcare Messagin
Evergreen Life's Personal Health Record app brings all of your health information together, in the palm of your hand.
IM Your Doc Logo
IM Your Doc
IM Your Doc is a simple, text messaging app that enables instantaneous and HIPAA compliant communication for physicians and healthcare staff. Phone calls and emails are time consuming and disruptive to workflow. Healthcare providers are inundated with calls and emails while patients feel like they aren't having their concerns answered. IM Your Doc is the answer. It saves time by streamlining workflow communication in a compliant and secure way.

Learning about Spok?

* We monitor all Spok reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.