SchoolStatus Reviews & Product Details

SchoolStatus Overview

What is SchoolStatus?

SchoolStatus is the district-wide communication tool that integrates key student data in order to increase communication among educators, district administrators and student families. The solution aggregates and distills individual student data, such as state assessments, attendance, and grades in an easy-to-visualize format, and provides direct communication tools to connect with student families via call, text, and email. Through SchoolStatus, millions of communications have occurred at the personal, classroom, and district levels. You almost certainly have a district-wide notification system in place used when emergencies arise, but that’s limited to mass notifications and used by district leadership. How are your teachers communicating with parents about assignments, assessments, and attendance? Now more than ever, parents need actionable information to align their efforts at home with the teacher’s expectations. SchoolStatus pairs student data with parent communication tools providing a ‘one-stop-shop’ for educators. With a single system, teachers have access to all the student data aggregated at the district and distilled down to the individual student. Armed with data, educators use the communication tools for informed conversations to support students in the classroom and at home.

SchoolStatus Details

The Difference is Data. While typical classroom messaging apps can send and receive information between teachers and parents, SchoolStatus has built our communication tools on a foundation of integrated student data.
All student data collected by a district can be pulled into SchoolStatus providing educators with a holistic view of the district or the individual student.
What's more, there is no app, no opt-in, no portal, no barriers to overcome to communicate directly with parents.
Other tools may give you the ability to send messages but the district won't have the ability to measure or monitor actual communication activity. In SchoolStatus, calls are recorded and a transcription is documented and remains as data in the student's record. Similarly, all texts and emails between school and home are part of the student record helping with compliance, monitoring, and reviews.

SchoolStatus
2012
Ridgeland, Mississippi
@SchoolStatusApp

SchoolStatus Videos

SchoolStatus Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the SchoolStatus community
Have you used SchoolStatus before?

SchoolStatus Reviews

Showing 481 SchoolStatus reviews
Already have SchoolStatus?
What do you like best?

SchoolStatus has become an integral part of our communication with our students and parents during this Covid-19 stay at home order. Teachers and Principals and communicate directly with parents and students using their laptops or personal cell phone through a calling system that does not disclose the staff members' real phone numbers. SchoolStatus also has all the students data right in front of the principal or teacher to discuss the matters that need to be discussed with visiting several different programs. This is been a great asset for our school and district. Now we have added the mass communication piece and can send message via text, email, or phone to everyone, a grade level, or a specific group. SchoolStatus has become the hub or our communication with our students and parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I dislike about SchoolStatus. If you have an issue anyone can reach out to support and they are quick to respond. In all my years in education, I have looked for something like SchoolStatus to all your data under one single pane of glass. Everything is right there at your fingertips. Some teachers use SchoolStatus for their Parent/Teacher Conferences to show all of the child's progress. There is no downside to using SchoolStatus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SchoolStatus has become as important as our Student Information System. The most correct data under a single pane of glass is amazing and crucial to our daily work. The communication piece of SchoolStatus has just been over the top and our staff use it often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SchoolStatus has simplified my life and made it easy for my teachers and administrator to communicate effectively and often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to contact parents easily, send a mass message at once, view student data such as report card and assessment scores, check observational feedback, and especially receive messages back from parents. Even when checking feedback, I can comment on feedback in which others can view. I also question students' attendance. Using this program, helps me to keep track of attendance. School Status helps with being a parent and teacher.You can view other schools in the district accountability. I just love documentation because it's very important in education. School Status keeps everything for you, all important documentation when you need to refer back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike messages breaking up when longer than the number of charcters. I want the number of messages or feedback received to show on app when one arrives as it does in an email. With this happening, I won't be late receiving and responding to messages. Quick responds and knowing I've received them quicker will be so much better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download the app to stay on time with receiving messages to respond in a timely matter.The app helps make your career and communication a bit easier. It's great documentation for parental contact and even to know your student's data and growth from the previous year. Make sure you have the newest numbers on contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily broadcast message to all student contacts to communicate with parents at once. I can check to see how students are performing in classes, on assessments, and even with behavior. These are huge benefits. Another benefit is that, documentation is easily provided when it's needed. You can use documentation for evidence. When broadcasting messages, I can check to see who has received messages. One problem is that when a number has been changed in the school's database, it doesn't update and star in School Status, so parents won't be able to receive messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

School Status keeps a record of all your contacts for you. You can call parents from the privacy of your classroom without having to use your personal phone. I love the way it allows me to look up a student's schedule in case I need them before or after my class. We also have a large Hispanic population, I love the way School Status will automatically convert it to Spanish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can only look up your students not the whole school. I wish we could look up all the students as I sponsor some clubs and I don't always teach everyone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very user friendly. You can send out a BROADCAST MESSAGE to all of your parents at one time. It keeps a record of all of your contacts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Parents saying you didn't contact them. With School Status you have proof for the administration and the parents that they were contacted Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

To be able to have all correspondence with parents in one place, whether through email, text, or phone call, is so awesome! It is also very helpful to be able to have one location to go to see attendance, discipline, course schedule, preferred parent contacts, and a log of those contacts, is beyond words! And to be able to call a parent without giving out my own cell number is fabulous! I also like that it syncs each night with our Infinite Campus program, so everything is updated quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of a downside to School Status. I suppose that the wait time for when I am searching for a student could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was able to watch tutorials to learn more about ways to use SchoolStatus, which I found to be very helpful. SchoolStatus might be one of the best purchases our school system has made to make my job easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to keep contact so easily with my FIRST LEGO League team by sending out a broadcast to all parents at once. But when parents respond to my announcement, it is just between them and me. Love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that SchoolStatus is so easy to use and user-friendly. In today's world full of technology, School Status makes it easy to communicate quickly and efficiently with parents. I really enjoy being able to quickly notify a parent of something or ask a parent a question. I also really like it because there is often a quick response from parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot email multiple groups of parents (classes) at a time. And you cannot view to use/copy/paste previous emails that you've sent out. I like using gmail much better for emails because I can link things and copy/paste more easily from one email to another. We use PowerSchools for students' grades, and that has contact information in it. I am able to just select the contacts I want and copy/paste them into recipients for gmail. Then the email is easy to find and search for afterwards, so I can go back to it and copy/paste again or different purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In today's world, we really communicate via text messages. SchoolStatus facilitates that so easily! I love that no numbers are exchanged, and I can have a phone/text conversation with parents without giving them my true number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Means of communication with parents have been streamlined by using SchoolStatus. Where some parents would never check email, now they will check their phone and have two-way contact with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love using School Status because it is so convenient! All my students and parents are in the system and I do not have to look up their numbers. I can call, text, or even broadcast to a whole group at once to save time. The thing I like best about it is that it stores evidence of my actual conversations and serves as a protection from false accusations, should any occur. It also holds the teachers accountable which would be a great asset for an administrator seeking to evaluate teacher performance in dealing with parents and/or students’ communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I do not get a notice that I have had a response from a parent or student on School Status. I have gone hours before it showed up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am learning to send whole group broadcasts which saves much time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to have communication with parents in the palm of my hand! I also like that it keeps record of communication, saving me time on keeping paper contact logs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing that would help is if I had more administrative controls. For example, if a parent gets a new number, I would like to be able to message that number or save the new one myself instead of having to call someone to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One problem solved is that parent can send me a message when they want and I can answer at my convenience. They don't have to call the front office, leave a message then wait for me to get it. Yes, this can be done with email, BUT most parents would rather send a text or don't have an email that they check. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can text or call parents from my cellphone. This has been extremely beneficial during the school shutdowns due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I also like the text feature. I get more feedback from parents when I send them a text. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! School Status even has an app that I downloaded to my phone. I love everything about School Status. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SchoolStatus makes contacting parents easy. I have made more parent contacts than ever before once I started using SchoolStatus. They also have a broadcast feature. I can send a message to all my parent contacts at the same time, and parents can respond individually so their responses are only seen by me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I communicate with parents more frequently because it is convenient. I also found that I get more parent responses when I use the text messaging feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

School Status is one of the best tools for teachers I have ever used. School Status allows teachers to maintain consistent, frequent contact with parents with ease. You have quick access to all contact numbers, can send individual texts, and group broadcasts. I use it daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

School Status makes my life easier as a teacher. What is there to dislike? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to look at some of the features available in the program like making groups. A little time invested up front will pay off! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

School Status solves the problem of constantly looking for numbers and trying to keep contacts updated. It makes it so much easier to stay in contact. It goes both ways. The parents also reach out more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that they come out with updates that make it easier to send out information to a lot of parents or students and instantly as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it can be to gain access to new schools or campuses when your work assignment changes. I feel like we have to jump through hoops to get approval and it takes a long time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

any issue you have, use the chat support. Its the quickest option to get you help Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Parents saying they didn't get certain information that was sent. I am able to see if it was sent to them and if they opened it and received it through the engagements tab. I can only easily get a response from them quickly when they say they have not, and resend the information instantly. I also enjoy that school status is easily used opposed to our other district system that isn't user friendly. They carry just about the same info, except schedules, and I prefer to use school status. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Representative
What do you like best?

My faves about this program is being able to call remotely to parents with out having to wait until the class is over or after school. I also like that it keeps a printable contact log for me to turn in when asked. Because I teach music it is a good program to help me communicate with every parent or guardian about up coming programs. I like that I can send the files of music my students are practicing in class to parents as an attachment or via qrcodes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really not a whole lot

That I dislike about school

Status but some of our students don’t populate immediately in to the system. Especially siblings and twins. I’m not sure why that is an issue but it does correlate well with our school’s attendance program though. So not sure why that is. I also don’t receive notifications from the program if I don physically refresh or go back in to the message. I also wish that it would not send messages to parents multiple times because the sometimes complain. The last thing I dislike the most is that parents can block communications from one teacher but it applies to all teachers instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It really is a great communication too for schools that favors teachers usage. If you need to do mass messaging our having student information on hand it works great in that aspect. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who asks about it. It works in conjunction to our school learning management system for virtual learning as well! It is friendly to every device and works well communicating with others. School status works hard to give the tools that teachers need to be successful at Communication. Granted it does have some syncing issues but this program is not short of exemplary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having to wait until after school or class to contact parents because I’m to far from the office, protecting my privacy because it does not use my personal phone number and being able to communicate with parents for every student. Another problem that is being solve is that school status helps keep facts on the students. Information like if they are gifted, exceptional education, or English learners. It even tracks testing scores for state and district testing, disciplinary infractions, and attendance . So if I need any of that I can access it with out signing out a cumulative folder. I have been able to also download information to keep track of student birthdays. It’s most beneficial to be because we have a pretty large population of students at our school and it’s hard finding the time to contact each and everybody parents or guardian so this program has really taken a load off. It has also benefitted me by not having to walk all the way to the front office because my classroom is out side. It’s hard to do discipline when you are so disconnected so I can now use the app with my phone data and place calls without having to use my personal phone number. Since my school has English learners texting allows me to send messages in English as well as Spanish and Mandarin Chinese which is such a great feature and I don’t have to use the translation services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

School Status is fabulous because it offers various ways to communicate with parents. For some parents, they may be unable to answer a call but can read a text message or an email message at their convenience and respond back directly with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some parents /guardians have more than one child within our district and when messages come through on the parent/guardian end, it’ll say they have a text message from such-and-such person of (our district name) and some parents/guardians aren’t familiar with all the teachers their children may have—especially in middle school and high school. I wish message would specify our specify school name so parents/guardians aren’t left guessing which school sent the message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The translation from English to Vietnamese is horrible, therefore, we have to continue sending messages in English and hope someone at home can translate to parents/guardians. And every now & then, Spanish could be an issue with the way it translated but I help translate messages into Spanish on School Status for my coworkers so they can have it sent and read in correct Spanish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

SchoolStatus is so simple to use. I love being able to send announcements to all parents at one time. My personal phone number is kept confidential which is a definite plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s a little bit of a task to put together a group but not hard. It’s just a little time consuming when adding each student. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend SchoolStatus. It is simple to use. I like it because I can contact my classroom parents without using my phone number. It is also convenient to use in my classroom to contact parents in case of emergencies or informing them of upcoming events. My entire school system uses SchoolStatus and I have only heard positive reviews. One of the best purchases our county has made for teachers, parents, and students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like being able to make announcements to classroom parents at one time. Also, being able to call parents or text parents with a record that provides me with documentation for my administration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Everything! I love the ease of using a School Status. The ability to send a message to a large group of parents is very helpful. I love that the message can be in the form of a text message and that parents can immediately reply. I can also make phone calls from my desk without using my personal number. In addition, the fact that School Status documents all of my contacts is truly a saving grace. In my 17 years of teaching, this is the by far the best communication tool I ever used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would consider as a negative is that when a parent replies, it can take a while before I receive an email notifying me of the reply. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SchoolStatus would make life easier for any teacher. I would highly recommend using SchoolStatus as the main source of communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Documentation!! All of my contacts are in one place! Also, it is a huge benefit having parent contact information all in one place that can be accessed so easily. It is so easy and quick to call or send messages to parents. Normally, I feel like making calls can take so much time, but I don’t even have to leave my desk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Before using SchoolStatus, I was afraid of contacting parents. I had heard horror stories. Schoolstatus has helped me overcome that fear and now I contact parents several times a week! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike! I love everything about SchoolStatus! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s a game changer! If you are wanting to create great parent/teacher Communication, SchoolStatus is the way to go. It sends texts messages directly to their phone and you are given a unique phone number to keep yours private! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems! I now have a great way to communicate with parents and it can be done in just a few clicks! I love the broadcast feature! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

School status has made it easier to communicate with parents. Giving the opportunity to translate any message to allow those to understand what information is being told. Helps you track communication with parents and has recorded outgoing calls in the system. It is very easy to use and has awesome customer support in case of any questions or concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes translation isn't % accurate but i try and correct what i can to make it make the most sense Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to translate my message either in Spanish or English, they seem to be the most to be used, but I am also able to help those who know a different language. Helps parents communicate via TEXT when they are unable to answer the phone or leave a voicemail Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The students cell number allows me to text them and record the text and get a quick response! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not able to process a call in spanish without the help of an aide Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. When the company or district purchases the product it is only as good as those who use it!

2. Because we are teaching hybrid classes it helps to contact students or parents during class time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to call a parent during class time, makes the virtual student log back into the classroom faster and off times learn if a student has internet issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

All communication is recorded for easy reference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my new notifications don’t pop up on my phone so I don’t always know when I have a new message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a safe and effective way to communicate with parents and family. I like that I can check my notifications on an app or on the website. One of my favorite features is that School Status keeps record of all messages, emails, and phone calls. That covers all parties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most parents trust this method of communication versus some other types of messaging systems. I have all my student information in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Being able to communicate with all parents at anytime. I cannot stress enough how amazing School Status is. As a first year teacher, building parent communication was very important to me. School Status makes this painless and very easy to do. I could not have survived without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That you are limited with the amount of characters you can use in a message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get School Status! I cannot talk about how great it is enough. It is very user friendly and makes life so much better in the classroom. Your students are organized by class. All of their contacts are in the system and easy to communicate with. Everyone at my school loves School Status. It is AMAZING! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eliminating students losing notes or information that they are supposed to bring home. School Status allows you to send pictures, texts, etc. Parents receive a text and the information is at their finger tips. It also helps with behavior because students know you can send their parents a message at anytime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everything in one place. Student info syncs and rolls in automatically. Simple to create groups and send messages to both parents and students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being able to set a "date window" and print actual scripted messages and calls would be invaluable. While downloading entire contact histories would be too much, there are instances when a teacher needs to provide what was actually done/said at certain points in time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

School Status immediately takes the "he said/she said" out of my job. All my calls, emails, and texts are in place and, if needed, I can provide indisputable documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to send text messages to parents without them having to sign up for a service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

App is a little glitchy at times. It will sometimes still say you have a message when you’ve already checked it or make you leave the app and come back in to send a different message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s a wonderful tool that makes it super easy to contact parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Parents can’t say they didn’t know about what’s going on in class. I can quickly remind parents about tests, quizzes, etc coming up. Parents are always in the loop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can use School Status anywhere and at anytime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a classroom teacher this is for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Parent contact! It is so easy to send a message. All of the numbers are entered into the system so you are not chasing down numbers and you are then able to either make a call or send a text from your cell and your private number is blocked. So very easy to use!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It was easy to send whole group announcements. Also, I like the record it kept of parental communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to make your classes at the beginning, since you have to find each name and click on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth the initial time learning about School Status. It will save you time as a teacher and make parental communication easier in the long run! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems currently. Benefits include having a quick, easy way to contact individual parents of my students or the whole group in a broadcast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Schoolstatus allows realtime communication between teachers and parents! It’s fast; it’s easy, and it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything about Schoolstatus. I like it and have used it all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend School Status. It is the best communication system I have ever used! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I contact parents through all avenues, but Schoolstatus has allowed the quickest 2-way communication in my 25 years of teaching. I save so much time using Schoolstatus as well as have proof of conversations. I also use it for communication will my 4 kids teachers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.