Recuva Reviews & Product Details

Recuva Overview

What is Recuva?

Recuva recovers files from your Windows computer, recycle bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player!

Recuva Details
Discussions
Recuva Community

Avast
1988
Prague, Czech Republic
@avast_antivirus
1,848 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the Recuva community
Have you used Recuva before?

Recuva Reviews

Showing 55 Recuva reviews
Already have Recuva?
General Manager
What do you like best?

When faced with lost data, Recuva is the first method I turn to, whether it has been deleted by accident, by a malicious act or by the operation of a virus or that the data has been compromised, as long as this information has not been overwritten by new data, Recuva helps me to perfectly restore them as if the inconvenience has not passed. Recuva provides an interface that is easy-to-use and very intuitive. For those who are not specialists in the use of this sort of program or need a rapid search, Recuva gives us an aided search modality, but Recuva not only has this modality, but also provides us with the specialized search modality where a customized and deep search can be done, which would take a larger amount of time to perform it. One of the things I like best about restoring Recuva is that I can filter it by the form of data or file, and Recuva can show me a list of matches, but I'm the one who chooses which of all the data I'm going to restore that Recuva returns to me, depending on the situation, I can select between one file or several files. Recuva tells us the state of the file from excellent to unrecoverable for cases in which files have been rewritten with new details. Recuva gives us a pop-up dialog to display the search status. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for deep searches is considerable, but I am mindful that retrieving an already lost file is a delicate process and that it stays intact. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recuva is the best program to restore deleted files, the assisted search allows you to do an initial search that takes less time, but the deep search performs an exhaustive search which will take you longer before finishing the search. Recuva allows you to recover all types of files without limitations, you just have to consider that the longer time that passes after the file is deleted, there is a greater probability that the file you want to restore has already been rewritten, which will make it difficult to restore total or even partial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There has been more than one instance with Recuva in which I have felt the need to retrieve data that has been lost by my own hand or also by other parties, there have even been times where security program (antivirus and similar) has deleted other data by default that I don't really want to be deleted and that's when I have to revert to using Recuva to restore the deleted data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Financial Officer
What do you like best?

Recuva helps me to restore files that I have deleted by mistake or that have been maliciously deleted, regardless of the form of file or its extension, preferably as long as it hasn't been long before the file I want to recover was deleted. As long as other new data has not been rewritten by the sector of the hard disk that contains it. Recuva is a very basic and very effective program that allows us the option not to give up any data that we thought was missing. We may use Recuva to inspect the device or more precisely, the directory where the data or file(s) were located. That we'd like to recover. Not only does Recuva allow me to scan for multiple drives on my PC, but it also allow me to analyze and recover files and data from removable drives, such as pen drives, mp3, mp4, micro SD memories, etc. I can also recover lost files as a removable disk from an Android device. Recuva also provides me a compact version that doesn't need to be mounted on my PC, but on one of my removable devices I can have the program and run it from there. Recuva is a miracle of restoring the files that I accidentally lost, important and fragile details that I can recover with Recuva. Recuva has a variety of languages available, so I can pick one of my favorites, which is English by default. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As far as the Recuva program is concerned, it is important to take into account that the review period for locating the data increases when reviewing hard drives or computers with a high storage space and a large number of files and folders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is always recommended that you have the Recuva app at hand because you don't know when you may need it in an emergency, and for these cases, Recuva is the method par excellence. If you don't have it installed on your computer or laptop, don't worry because you will download it when you need it just have an internet connection to download it to your computer or laptop, you can also download the compact edition and preferably keep it on your removable unit or store it in your tablet or smartphone memory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recuva helps one to restore data that has been removed improperly or by malicious software execution or an antivirus bug. I was able to restore images, documents, presentations, audio files that I had inadvertently lost, and others, or that other people were able to remove while using the PC by mistake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Officer
What do you like best?

Recuva claims to recover files from any rewriteable media like SD Cards, external hard drives, pen drives etc. I have experienced it first hand on my external hard disk drive of 500 GB from which it had recovered all my files of 210 GB content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though Recuva is a very good recovery tool for free, it is very slow and takes quite a lot of time in scanning and recovering the files. Since it is FREE, you can't complain about it being a slow tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those considering use of Piriform Recuva, I would like to just express my opinion that if you have time and patience to get your files back from a crashed drive for FREE it is a very good tool you can have. If you can afford, you can go for PRO version of this tool, but I can't say about it because I have not yet tested the PRO version of Recuva. If I get a chance, I would definitely like to have a go at the PRO version and then I can have my opinion on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My external hard disk had crashed out of the blue and I had nearly lost all of my photos, videos and other data on my external hard drive. Since the HDD is not very old (it's about 2.5 years old) and not extensively used, there was little chance of a physical damage. I had read reviews of good file recovery tools but the other tools were a bit costly for my needs. So I chose to try Recuva and I am happy that I got all my files back (well, 95% of them actually). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When you are in a bind for data recovery, and you do not have the normal tools you utilize with you, Recuva is readily available and did a surprisingly good job. If you have never pursued data recovery Recuva is incredibly easy to use as well. We have wound up using Recuva in multiple situations where, in the past, we might have felt there would be too much time invested to make it worthwhile. I would recommend this to anyone in a situation where they need to recover any type of files. I make sure to have it with me on a flash drive now, since it has been so useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure that I encountered anything I did not like about Recuva. They have kept it incredibly simple which is the reason I did not find anything to really dislike. We can always want software to run faster, but processing just takes time and we have to be patient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you are in a data recovery situation, I would definitely use Piriform Recuva because of all that it has done for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We recovered some critical data files that were "accidentally" deleted but incredibly essential to what we were doing. It saved us from investing hours to recreate the information we could, and some of the information would have been lost for good. Since then, we have used it in a lot of small recoveries since it was so easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is possible to recover files in just 20 minutes each. Shows a breakdown of the possible recoverable files. You have an option to select recoverable file types such as images, audios, documents, emails and videos. You have the option to do the remote backup and can be scheduled. With good encryption and great level helping to decrypt encrypted files almost impossible to recover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no negative points to mention. The product has always met all the company's needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is easy to use and easily retrieves files, saving time, which I didn't find in other software. It is a very useful tool and can be used in mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The company needed to recover a large number of files that had been lost. With Recuva we were able to recover these files safely and we started backing up weekly, thus reducing the possibility of data loss in the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Intern
What do you like best?

Out of all the recovery software I tried, Recuva definitely stood out for its simplicity and efficiency in recovering data I thought was lost. The interface is very easy to use, it has advanced and quick recovery options. It even recovered thousands of files perfectly from a completely formatted system. I like how it shows whether a file is fully recoverable, partially recoverable, or unrecoverable. It runs on low-end systems pretty well too. I also like that it shows the files scanned up until you stop the scan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The recovery scanning process consumes too much time and energy. An advanced scan takes hours even on small disk spaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to recover data and lost files, Recuva is the best bet. Make sure your system is fully charged or under constant power supply as advanced recovery can easily drain power. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recovering lost or deleted files, saving files that were accidentally or deliberately deleted from the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrator, Information Technology
What do you like best?

Easy to use and the user interface is easy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Considering what this tool does for you, I don't really have any dislikes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As always, check the reviews and you will find that this software is the right tool for data recovery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding lost data files is sometimes a must especially when you don't have a recent backup. The benefit I found and really liked is that you're provided a huge list of data to recover. You select what you want and voila. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's free, but capable and not bundled with crapware or ads (the last thing you need when trying to recover something). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It lacks some advanced features like being able to recover partial files anyway, perform block-level recovery, or search for custom extensions within a directory (without finding everything in that directory). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Maybe consider a CLI interface so it could be integrated with certain automated backup solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accidentally deleting a file allows me to recover it, as long as:

- I run this tool very soon after deleting the file and don't perform any more file copies on the disk where the file was deleted

- The deleted file isn't very large. I had no luck recovering a virtual machine .vmdk that was inadvertently deleted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mr
What do you like best?

Ease of use, deep scan option, possibility for recovering data even from external drives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the view options aren't very intuitive, no problem when you're familiar with it though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data recovery on old hard drives, even if someone emptied their recycling bin thoughlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

The scans are fast and don't take ages to complete, which helps especially if your Hard drives are huge. It also isn't very resource-heavy draining little CPU power. It offers a free version which is good enough for simple recoveries and to know if you want to buy the full version. In line with some of other better options, it shows the preview screen before finalizing whatever action one chooses after the scan is completed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not sold on the interface. It works and is fine, but could be updated and more user friendly. But it is not a big worry at all. You will probably use it once or so every now and then.

The deep scans I run when files aren't found in simple one, take a very long time and that too sometimes goes fruitless as no relevant files are found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not any problem per se, I was able to recover the files I needed. The few I couldn't, I was also unable to recover using few other (free) recovery software I,e, EaseUS Data recovery and Wondershare's recovery software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

It was easy and good to use even for people that feel uncomfortable with this type of software. This makes it easy to help clients and make sure they are able to get their work back and are able to continue on with their job Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can block things behind a paywall that most users don't want to pay, but I understand that this is a business and they have to make money somehow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try as this software can be very helpful and likely find all missing or accidentally deleted files unless the user went out of their way to remove them, reformat and then write over but even then it would be unlikly that the specific data would be written over so it still ends up finding it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to save and recover many users important data for all types and experience levels of users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior System Admin
What do you like best?

Speed of recovery of data is very good and it it easy to use so that anybody can use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some times it left some file and do not recover them due to different issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To recover deleted files I will suggest others to go with this tool as it requires very less size on your system and provide you quick recovery of data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If we mistakenly delete any business critical file then we only prefer Recuva to recover it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Core Operations Manager
What do you like best?

this product works pretty good for recently deleted files. If the file has been deleted for a while it is less likely to recover it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

older deleted files are hard to recover if not impossible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great for file recovery. Still not as good as workstation backups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

staff would delete files and we don't do workstation backups. So this was a way for us to recover data that has been lost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The simple wizard and advanced options it offers to recover files that were missing or deleted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recuva Pro can’t recover lost partitions or data from RAID storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has a speedy and effective data recovery tool, an intuitive wizard and advanced options, it does deep scans and support for formatted drives and you can securely overwrite files beyond recovery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To use Recuva's ability to find deleted files. It has the ability to work with formatted or corrupt disks, whether they were damaged physically or digitally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The interface was easy to use and easy to navigate and find what you need to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the size of the drive and information on it, the amount of time to recover could be lengthy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a NAS drive that stopped working a while ago, we tried everything to get it back, when we found Recuva, we were able to get our data back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Architect
What do you like best?

Piriform Recuva is without a doubt the best data recovery tool that I have used in my life with a simple and modern interface, it allows to recover a variety of deleted or lost file formats from both the internal hard drive of the computer and the external storage media, including flash drives, memory cards, external HDD, etc. In short it is a modest but safe and very effective software that really does the job for what was created. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not much that I dislike Recuva only that most of the time it shows too many useless files which makes the search process can take much longer than calculated which ends up being somewhat annoying and desperate especially when there is little time which is my case of rest there is nothing else that I dislike all the functions are easy to use and works without problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Recuva because it is a reliable data recovery software that helps you recover lost files or hard drive partitions etc, this is one of the affordable software in the market for data recovery. If you want to recover lost data, this is one of the affordable options for you, it will really do the job so I invite you to use it and check it just like me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems that I solve with the use of this computer product is to have the option to recover files that have been deleted by mistake or by a malfunction of the hardware which is essential in my work, I can save weeks, even months of work, if An important document cannot be recovered would be a big problem, fortunately Piriform recuva it solves it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

gerente de ventas
What do you like best?

It is a practical and super light tool where you can recover that information that you have deleted by mistake or by the presence of viruses or memory failures is lost or lost from the device. This tool can be obtained from its official site where you can download it for free and its installation and configuration is self-guided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

not all the information that is deleted can be recovered, since some is incomplete or is recovered with errors. For this tool, although there are many more that are advanced, it is one of the easiest to retrieve information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended this tool for its great advantage and its minimum computer resources that it uses to retrieve information, paid and advanced programs last hours and hours to analyze the disk, you will find it is free and analyze and show you a list of files that could be recovered. This tool is downloaded from its official site and only compactible with windows operating system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is the company we use this tool when you need to get some information that has been deleted or lost, since as it is a free and super light program its process is too fast in search of the information. If the result is not as expected we choose to use other more advanced tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director de proyecto
What do you like best?

It is a specialized software with the purpose of recovering deleted files even from the recycle bin, it also gives us the functionality to recover image files in external memory and mobile devices. We can download it from its official website, it is very friendly and intuitive easy to use.Recovery is relatively fast depending on the amount of information you have on the hard drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not an advanced recovery program, among similar programs, let's say the simplest but it fulfills its function of basic recovery of deleted files. It is efficient in its recovery and effective although sometimes files can be recovered but this can be damaged or in drastic cases some documents cannot be recovered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very useful tool and its effectiveness is very good for recovering those deleted files, it also allows us to recover information from removable memory and mobile devices such as tablets or phones. this tool is super light and easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a very useful tool in the company for its efficient recovery of documents, especially the recovery of photographs and images, its great advantage is that it is a super light program that you will not need large-scale or large requirements in the computer since it is super light and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The easy management and recovery wizard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

perhaps difficult to recovery oldest files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can recovery different photos or jobs were was deleted wrongly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gerente regional
What do you like best?

Los datos e informacion de nuestras computadoras son parte de nuestra vida almacenamos desde registros bancarios hasta recuerdos de toda una vida como lo son las imagenes y videos, si por error en nuestro disco en el apartado del sistema de archivo o por error humano perdemos informacion valiosa con Recuva seremos capaces de recuperar la informacion, si vaciaste tu papelera por error y quieres restaurar los archivos este es tu software indicado. Recuva es gratis y ofrece grandes funciones de recuperacion, al momento de ejecutarlo nos saldra un asistente donde de forma automatica buscara datos eliminados en las unidades tanto discos duros como unidades externas, y arrojara resultados donde con un simple clic derecho seleccionaremos la ruta donde deseamos guardar la data recuperada. Es sencillo de trabajar y no posee unos ajustes tan profundos para no confundir al usuario. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

El aspecto negativo de recuva es la falta de actualizaciones por parte de la empresa Piriform, el software es excelente y requiere de un mejor seguimiento para sacarle el maximo potencial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recomendado en un 100% Recuva recupera tus archivos y es gratis es una aplicacion necesaria y obligatoria para todo los trabajadores que brinden soporte tecnico a los usuarios. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Usamos Recuva en caso de emergencia si nuestros clientes o usuarios presentan perdida de informacion usamos este gran software para intentar recuperar la data perdida. El ahorro de presupuesto es considerable ya que en el mercado existen programas pagos que realizan el trabajo con Piriform Recuva obtenemos resultados positivos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analista De Sistema Y Soporte Tecnico
What do you like best?

I like Recuva that has an attractive interface of high quality also has an integrated wizard which is optional to guide us through the recovery steps every time we need to recover data is very easy to use you just have to answer the questions that the assistant Ask questions such as data type, area to scan and the type of scan. Most of the time a normal scan is sufficient, but deep scanning is also available. This takes more time, but increases the possibility of recovering data. You can recover data with this useful and efficient tool such as: images, mp3 audio, documents, videos, compressed files and emails and the hard drive HDD definitely retrieves is a highly effective file recovery software utility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that most of the time it takes too long to complete the scanning process and when it ends it shows numerous files that most of the time are not recoverable in any way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is recommended, since it works efficiently in the recovery of partial or complete data, it is also portable, which gives us greater comfort and mobility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly, it is used for the optimization of the computer equipment of the company and, when there is a loss of files or data, they recover quickly with this useful and effective tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager Program Management Office
Aviation & Aerospace
What do you like best?

Piriform Recuva is a Professional software that can be used for data backup. sometimes we deleted files by mistake so then recover with the help of Piriform Recuva. such as video, audio, text format, image, documents files and other kinds of files. it accurately provides to recovering emails, damage or formating disks, unsaved word documents and deep scan your program forever. you can delete files, video, documents, and contents permanently from the PC after being recovered with the help of Piriform Recuva. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can't specializes in the progress field. sometime Piriform Recuva takes much time to complete the process of the files recovered. All tools used to you but it can't some specific solution in which recovery progress for backup data. This software cannot show the limit of space and data size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Piriform Recuva is a good software, because it's easy to use. its software can be used for data backup. Sometimes we delete files by mistake so I can easily recover all files with Piriform Recuva. such as video, audio, image and other document file. it's a good application but some major issues, one of them sometimes does not complete the process of the file recovered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ingeniero de Validacion Ti
What do you like best?

The interface is completely easy to use and very open does not require any training. It is an application that has helped us a lot since we lost the necessary information for us, it is very useful since we can make backups and recover data with ease and without complications. Ádemas does all the work, we just have to be patient, this software guarantees that all the data is in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is that this application can only be used for computers, it is not available in other versions. The storage space is very small, so I would recommend what they improve, sometimes it is a bit slow and it takes too long to recover files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program since I was able to recover all the data I had lost, it is easy to use and adapts to our needs, its price is very accessible although the free version generates the same functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves me time to recover files, Piriform Recuva has helped us in many ways, since we recover files accidentally lost during our work, it is easy and fast to use to recover data, protect important data in case of losing them again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

Piriform Recuva offers the possibility of recovering damaged files or files that have been mistakenly deleted from your computer. Piriform Recuva does what it promises, I like the interface because it is simple and intuitive, just choose which type of file to search for and, if so, in which disk to do it. Piriform Recuva will do the rest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Piriform Recuva is available in a free or paid version, needless to say that the most interesting features are usable are activating a license for the paid product version. Furthermore the time for the complete scan is very long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

to get the most interesting features you need to switch to the paid mode. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Piriform Recuva at the IT department to recover corrupt files or have been mistakenly deleted due to human error. Several times this tool has saved our lives by retrieving files that we thought we had lost forever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Piriform Recuva è un software molto valido, Piriform Recuva è leggero e potente allo stesso tempo. Piriform Recuva mi piace specialmente per la sua semplicità di utilizzo. Non bisogna essere utenti esperti per usarlo, infatti basta selezionare la partizione o le partizioni dove cercare e cosa cercare ed il gioco è fatto, se hai cancellato inavvertitamente qualcosa è molto probabile che Piriform Recuva sia in grado di ripristinare i tuoi dati. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Piriform Recuva ha anche alcuni aspetti che vorrei fossero migliorati. Per prima cosa l'aspetto economico, seppur la versione gratuita è già abbastanza buona, serve spendere dei soldi ed acquistale la versione premium per sbloccare le migliori funzionalità. Piriform Recuva è utilizzabile solo su ambienti microsoft windows, quindi non sarà possibile usarlo da macchine con sistema operativo apple mac os oppure linux. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Piriform Recuva non è disponibile per utenti apple mac os o linux unix ma solo per utenti microsoft windows Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In azienda Piriform Recuva viene principalmente utilizzato dal dipartimento che si occupa di IT per recuparare file o cartelle che sono stati cancellati per errore da qualche utente maldestro. grazie a questo tool Piriform Recuva siamo riusciti a recuperare dati anche molto importanti che consideravamo perduti. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.