Postmates

Postmates is transforming the way goods move around cities by enabling anyone to have anything delivered on-demand.

Work for Postmates?

Learning about Postmates?

Postmates Reviews

Showing 35 Postmates reviews
Postmates review by Noelle N.
Noelle N.

"Easy and Convenient"

What do you like best?

Being able to order from places that don't typically deliver is great. Sometimes you will get free delivery on certain days or for certain places which is an added bonus. I think one of the best things about Postmates is that you don't have to use it just to order food - but you can use it to also order office supplies and other local needs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the timeline for ordering can be off and your food will arrive earlier or later than expected. This can be an issue if you've planned a lunch meeting and things need to arrive on time but this has happened pretty few and far between for us. The real time food updates on where your driver is could be worked on a bit because it isn't always correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start by small by ordering things for yourself before using for larger catered lunches and such.

We have used Postmates so many times to order catered lunches from nearby establishments that either don't offer delivery or require pick up for high volume times. It allows me to get the things I need without having to leave the office if I am having a busy day.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Postmates
Postmates review by Emilee H.
Emilee H.

"Postmates "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of ordering and convenience. Also love that there are so many restaurants to choose from

What do you dislike?

I've had some bad experiences in the past where it takes FOREVER to receive the food or where (after waiting forever) the order is not as expected. I had a party once and ordered a dozen donuts to bring with... driver showed up with only 3 donuts and they weren't even the correct kinds. I found out later they were "out" of the kinds I ordered but no one told me that before hand and there was never an explanation given (until I reached out myself). Even after I brought it to Customer Service's attention...they didn't refund the money or even give me credits at all. I haven't ordered anything from there for quite awhile.

(Another thing is that food is always cold by the time it arrives to you)

I only use this for personal use, not for business

What Restaurant Delivery/Takeout solution do you use?

Postmates review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Very good app when hunger strikes"

What do you like best?

What I like about this app is that has many options that other apps like GrubHub and Doordash doesn't have like 7-11 and Burger King. The app also offers free delivery at times if you share the app with friends and they decide to sign up. The food that I order tend to remain hot despite waiting a half hour to an hour to an hour to get my food.

What do you dislike?

The layout of the app can be a little difficult to navigate at times. Also, you cant use the app everywhere, as there are geographical restrictions. Also, the app does a bad job at times updating you on where your driver is with your food. There are also times where places that I like to eat are out of menu options that I like to get

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you can use the app depending on where you are. If you can, test it out on something small first like buying something from seven eleven.

Using Postmates allows me to order in lunch for me without having to put time aside to leave the office and picking it up. It allows me and others to get more work done through our lunch period and also gives us the opportunity to have something tasty and refreshing. The free delivery money also helps me save a couple of dollars here and there, and it also encourages me to use postmates more often

G2 User

"Great delivery service for any need"

What do you like best?

Postmates makes it easy to search and see delivery options in your area. Unlike other delivery services, they do more than just food. It's easy to get office supplies, coffee, or a tray of food/catering from the local grocery store. It's very convenient when you need something local that is specific but don't have the time to leave the office and get it yourself. You can track the status of your delivery by viewing the map which makes it convenient when trying to time the delivery for a surpise, an event, or an office lunch.

What do you dislike?

The total cost of the order is higher than some other services, but they do offer promotions with vendors that have free or reduced delivery. Fee placed on small orders so it incentivizes larger orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for email promotions to receive coupon codes or free delivery promotions.

Postmates makes it easy to get together with colleagues and order food, supplies, and other needs to the office quickly and painlessly.

Postmates review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Postmates saves me in every situation"

What do you like best?

I like that Postmates will deliver pretty much anything to me, at almost any time. I have a tendency to procrastinate putting off dinner, groceries, and pretty much everything, but Postmates saves me as I can order right from my phone and pick up what I want, when I want it!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the drivers are sporadic and also that I have once had an order get 'denied' because they were too busy. I don't mind waiting longer for my food/order, but I do not want to be denied!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this out as an alternative to UberEats

Postmates provides an on-demand service for getting food, and not just from a handful of restaurants. Customization options are limitless. I have been able to save my own time and my companies time from not having to run out and get lunch for meetings.

Postmates review by Joshua G.
Joshua G.

"Great service for people who travel. "

What do you like best?

Unfortunately this service is not available at my home office location but I have found when traveling this service is a life saver. It allows you to try some top foods in the area without leaving the office wasting time getting lost. The service has always been fast so I imagine they track it closely some how. It’s been a great service and I strongly recommend you try it.

What do you dislike?

Key issue is of course the availability seems to be a tad lower than I would prefer but I know it’s not the easiest thing to get into areas like small towns. My account was also removed for not using the service for a few months and I was not a fan about this.

Saving time and effort with getting food delivered to area I visit for work

G2 User

"Typically Good service when in a pinch."

What do you like best?

If we need to order supplies for a last minute meeting it is the fastest way to get required items! Beats the hassle of having to go out, especially when trying to clean and set up for a meeting!

What do you dislike?

If you are getting dry groceries, crackers, drinks, even packaged good like cheese it’s good. However, fresh fruit, or other groceries can sometimes be questionable. This maybe strictly the grocery store’s issue.

But, for the people who deliver items. Most are good, I would say 70%. Polite, helpful, they actually care! I had one delivery where the woman was so rude! I tried helping her and she left all of our items outside of our office! I was livid. That was so disappointing.

The problems we have solved is being able to obtain last minute office needs! The benefit to this is that we don’t have to spare any employees to run errands and be gone for half the day.

"Hidden Fees Galore"

What do you like best?

The only thing I like about Postmates is the restaurant selection - they have way more variety than Uber Eats / Grubhub. The ordering process is also fairly easy.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. There are SO MANY hidden fees. They charge you some exorbitant amount as a hold fee, so you don't even know what you're actually paying - as they're "estimates" Drivers are constantly late, and they never, ever, ever check the food. We were using Postmates for small office event catering, and every single order was wrong or missing something. Postmates support is slow to respond and gives you generic, scripted answers that don't really address the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DON'T USE POSTMATES!

Postmates makes ordering office lunches/catering really easy, when the orders are correct. They also provide a nice variety of restaurants that don't usually deliver or don't usually offer "catering" These are the only benefits I've found.

Postmates review by Valentino G.
Valentino G.

"Convenient in so many ways"

What do you like best?

Postmates, unlike other delivery platforms can really Have ANYTHING delivered. We’ve ordered kitchen ware for parties, medicine for when we’re too sick to go out and buy it. Wine... the list goes on. It’s very convenient. Haven’t had something go wrong so far.

What do you dislike?

I had one time in which there was about $100 hold on my card because the price of the merchandise hadn’t been calculated yet, it was a bit bothersome but once the order was completed the hold was released. Only problem I’ve had.

It’s great for having lunch delivered at the office or some supplies for printing and detailing different designs.

Postmates review by G2 User in Civic & Social Organization
G2 User in Civic & Social Organization

"Postmates Review"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of postmates. The platform is pretty easy to use, and if all goes as planned you'll have your food relatively quickly, and without much hassle! Postmates can deliver more than just restaurant items, which is so awesome and convenient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it is difficult to get in contact with your delivery person. If there is an issue with receiving the order, you must speak with the delivery person. If you are not able to contact this person, the situation becomes very frustrating. I wish there was a better way for the restaurants/delivery persons/customers to interact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Why not!

At my former position:

Could order from some of our favorite restaurants using postmates! It's always a hassle to have someone pick up the food, and many of our favorite restaurants didn't have delivery before postmates.

Postmates review by Cesar N.
Cesar N.

"Get what you need when you need it."

What do you like best?

The title pretty much says it, Postmates is great because you can order almost anything, it is not just limited to food. Anything from lunch to light bulbs, Postmates can get it.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I can think of for Postmates is that it seems like if you order from their partners then they seem to add extra to the standard prices. Also depending on how fast you need something then the delivery times could be long.

It is almost like having a personal assistant when you are in a tight spot.

Postmates review by Melanie H.
Melanie H.

"Awesome selection of food, great service, high delivery costs."

What do you like best?

I've been really pleased with the selection of restaurant choices Postmates offers near me. I also really appreciate their deals on delivery fees.

What do you dislike?

Their delivery fees, but oftentimes, I'll still order from them due to the better options, since all food delivery apps have fees.

When working from home and not on a normal schedule, it's really easy to get caught up in work tasks and not find time to take a break to cook myself a meal. Having Postmates makes it really easy to order lunch while I continue working to save time.

Postmates review by Chelsea S.
Chelsea S.

"Speedy Tasty Delivery"

What do you like best?

I love the selection of restaurants to choose from. My favorites and new ones to try- quick service...

What do you dislike?

The waits can be longer than if I got it myself... like if I fancy a starbucks coffee but my son is sleeping I have to wait about 30 minutes where I could get it myself in less time were he awake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you enjoy local drinks and cuisine you'll enjoy this app!

I don't have to leave my work but can have things brought right to my door.

Postmates review by G2 User in Internet
G2 User in Internet

"Used to be good, but had to look for alternatives"

What do you like best?

This was our go-to service when it launched, it was a dream to order from any restaurant and being in NYC made it it even better!

What do you dislike?

The introduction of customer-killer features (only listing "approved" restaurants) and fees ($3.99 delivery feee, $2 low cart fee!) made use look for alternatives. It feels like being cheated, you use all your launch money to offer a great service at no cost, then you sneakily make things worse and worse thinking you won't lose any customers (hello MoviePass!).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Given the direction they have been going in I recommend looking for an alternative service if available.

We could be more productive and do lunch meetings with everyone being happy about what was ordered. It was quick and easy.

Postmates review by Brittany G.
Brittany G.

"Inexpensive and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that the location auto-locates to your current address - prevents the users from having to type that in each time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really dislike about the app is the font - to be honest

Solving hunger - while at home or at work.

Postmates review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"Customer of Postmates "

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Wide variety of foods to choose from. Delivers right to your door, so gives you the option to be lazy and not leave the house

What do you dislike?

I think that their fee is a little too highs it’s a hastle if there is something wrong with your order to get ahold of someone

It’s nice to use while at work because it eliminates people needing to leave for lunches. And allows people with less time for lunch to still get a good meal

Postmates review by Steven S.
Steven S.

" Between Caviar and Task Rabbit"

What do you like best?

If you want a pretty esoteric restaurant that isn't on other delivery platforms then Postmates is a good spot to look. It's also better than a task rabbit which is pay by the hour and very flakey

What do you dislike?

It still isn't as user friendly as Seamless or Caviar. I've had times where I can't get a delivery person or they take too long

Mainly get food delivered for team events, or lunches. Fun if you want to get something special that is different

Postmates review by G2 User in Retail
G2 User in Retail

"Postmates is AWESOME~"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Postmates is how it brings in a bunch of customers who previously have never heard of our business. It also brings us repeat customers because they see us on the app and sometimes will come in to see what more we have to offer.

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes be a little buggy. We've run into a few issues where our postmates tablets have glitched, perhaps more of an issue with the tablet manufacturer than postmates itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like to extend your reach and bring in some new customers, give postmates a try.

Bringing in new customers, extending our overall reach. Benefits include new customers, better shopping experience.

Postmates review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"confusing"

What do you like best?

I love the logo really. It has a nice dynamic to it that makes me want to use the service more.

What do you dislike?

When I went to place my first order, there was an extra 45 dollar charge on the receipt, so I cancelled, deleted the app and redownloaded. Same thing happened again and it just go confusing from there.

Just trying to feed my stomach at this point. The benefit is not driving myself really.

Postmates review by Alexandra (Alexa) S.
Alexandra (Alexa) S.

"Always accurate with their time estimates!"

What do you like best?

There's never been a problem with my order being wrong or anything missing!

What do you dislike?

Postmates was not in my area for a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always order half an hour to an hour before you want your food!

I can't travel too far from work for lunch, and if I'm craving something Postmates makes sure to get it to me in time.

G2 User

"PostMates is Ideal for Lazy, Busy Days"

What do you like best?

Postsmates will literally go anywhere and get you anything you could imagine.

What do you dislike?

The app is not as user friendly as the actual website is - which is a bit frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HUGE TIMESAVER - takes the stress out of running an office smoothly!

Huge timesaver for getting supplies, catering meals and running erreands.

Postmates review by alexus g.
alexus g.

"Decent company"

What do you like best?

Ability to order foods and have it delivered.

What do you dislike?

The lack of security. I have had my account hacked several times. Also the fact it's not available in so many places like Uber eats.

Ability to not have to leave to go get food. It can be brought right to is.

Postmates review by Ivy S.
Ivy S.

"Fast and Convenient "

What do you like best?

I really like the variety of options offered on Postmates.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like the Postmates Support. They have never help right away, it always takes more than 24 hours.

Solving the problem of not having to leave work when you forget to bring lunch.

Postmates review by G2 User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
G2 User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Easy Delivery"

What do you like best?

The ease of not having to leave your house to get food delivered to you. Very efficient.

What do you dislike?

How they don't deliver to all locations that I'm at. Whether it's work or a friends place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember the overall ease of it and make the change today!

Saving gas and wasting time going to get foods when I could spend that time working. The benefit is taking stress off my every day life and making my life more at ease.

Postmates review by Roger A C.
Roger A C.

"Postmates is great to have"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and simple to install.Works great

What do you dislike?

I have used before and there is really nothing to dislike at all

It is easy to use and incorporate to your takeout and delivery business

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can always find a free delivery code and get Taco Bell whenever I want. I've never had a bad or rude delivery person.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't see the progress of the order on my phone, but it's not a big deal.

I have realize the benefits of being able to eat without leaving my house. It might enable my agoraphobia, but a girl's gotta snack.

"Postmates is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Best delivery service ever! I use it every time and the service has also been quick.

What do you dislike?

Haven't run into any issues with it yet !

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postmates is quick with its delivery but it also shows great options for food if you are unsure of what you want to eat!

Postmates is super convenient and easy to use when figuring out what you want to eat! And it's quick too!

Postmates review by G2 User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 User in Marketing and Advertising

"Run-of-the-mill Food Delivery"

What do you like best?

They do have some good local options nearby that cannot be found elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

Their interface is much more frustrating than their competitors. Apps like Uber Eats and Caviar, surpass Postmates in terms of discovery.

Ordering for lunch is incredibly difficult to manage when there are people and clients involved. Apps like Postmates makes it easy to order last minute lunch quickly.

Postmates review by Chinesa R.
Chinesa R.

"Postmates FTW"

What do you like best?

easy to navigate, makes life so convenient

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike.

Not really solving problems from a business perspective.

G2 User

"Love love love Postmates!"

What do you like best?

There are so many places to choose from. Whether I'm in the mood for just a latte or a big meal, Postmates has it all!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, delivery can be kind of high, but other than that, no complaints!

Getting food delivered to the office for a business meeting or clients is easier than ever!

Postmates review by G2 User in Machinery
G2 User in Machinery

"Easy to use with quick delivery"

What do you like best?

I love how easy to use the app and website both are to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options in my area

We have quick and inexpensive delivery of items which allows us to save time.

Postmates review by G2 User in Higher Education
G2 User in Higher Education

"postmates"

What do you like best?

Postmates offers customers lots of deals on a consistent basis.

What do you dislike?

Not everyone is aware of Postmates and how to access it.

Reaching a wider audience than just individuals that conveniently walk by

"Great application"

What do you like best?

The application is extremely easy to use and provides good options with fast deliveries.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the application stops working on my phone(Android).

Organizing business parties and ordering food for everyone

Postmates review by G2 User in Writing and Editing
G2 User in Writing and Editing

"Excellent service"

What do you like best?

It is easy for anyone to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

The service needs to expand to more locations.

Allows for increased productivity by reducing the amount of time running errands.

"Awesome delivery"

What do you like best?

Quick fast, service, no waiting for long times

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, it's actually pretty knowledgable

Having to be there on time

Learning about Postmates?

* We monitor all Postmates reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.