Postmates Reviews & Product Details

Postmates Overview

What is Postmates?

Postmates is transforming the way goods move around cities by enabling anyone to have anything delivered on-demand.

Postmates Details

Postmates
2011
San Francisco, CA
@Postmates
6,565 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the Postmates community
Have you used Postmates before?

Postmates Reviews

Showing 41 Postmates reviews
Already have Postmates?
Content Creator
What do you like best?

Postmates has a great app to search for meals you are craving for. There are a lot of restaurants available in my city so there is plenty to choose from. No need to go to the same restaurants or cafés every single day. With Postmates Unlimited you get every order over 12 $ delivered for free. Only downside it costs quite a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Postmates Premium service is a bit costly, so in my opinion that is the only downside to Postmates. But since we use one company-account for deliveries at our office, the costs are marginal, but for a private customer could be a bit expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out the Postmaps App and if you are intrigued by the Unlimited subscription plan, check out their site to see if they offer a free trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Food deliveries for our workers at our headquarter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that postmates divides everything into categories such as essential and convenience, by food type like seafood or pizza, and by food preference like vegetarian or vegan, etc. I like that you can search based on location and can chose between delivery, pickup, and party. Moreover, given the current pandemic, it is clear that postmates is taking the utmost care of their customers given the recently development of contactless delivery. It is great that they show pictures when picking the type of food or restaurant you have in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how when restaurants are "currently unavailable" they don't actually tell you when they WILL be available. That would be a very helpful feature. I wish they had pictures of all the dishes at different restaurants and a rating for each of the dishes and each of the restaurants as whole as well as an area to view comments from others who have ordered from the restaurant. It would also be great if they could improve their location accuracy given that they always seem to get my address wrong. Moreover, I wish there was a chat bar to speak with a representative should something go wrong with the order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check the delivery prices on multiple apps before deciding on postmates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is great to have the experience of dining out and getting a break from cooking during this pandemic. They are usually on time and provide consumers with ample options for food. I do notice a difference in delivery price between postmates and some of the other delivery apps such as grub hub, uber eats, doordash, etc. Postmates could do a little better to keep up with these other companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mystery Shopper
Market Research
What do you like best?

I like that postmates offers a larger platform of food delivery combined with retail shopping in comparison to other popular delivery applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that postmates pay structure is a little different than the other applications. In my opinion, I believe delivery fees may be a bit more expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your email address is up to date in order to receive promotions for discounted deliveries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working on joining the beta team in order to help collect information on the application’s development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Easy staff interface, helps me with knowing what my customers are ordering for delivery, customer support is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The sales figures have to be download to an excel sheet—does not have a “pretty” monthly pdf like GH. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s a major player in third party delivery. Get your coats perfect so you can be sure they make sense for you... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Delivery sales are up. Seeing what my customers are ordering for delivery is a benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Coordinator
Internet
What do you like best?

Being able to order from places that don't typically deliver is great. Sometimes you will get free delivery on certain days or for certain places which is an added bonus. I think one of the best things about Postmates is that you don't have to use it just to order food - but you can use it to also order office supplies and other local needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the timeline for ordering can be off and your food will arrive earlier or later than expected. This can be an issue if you've planned a lunch meeting and things need to arrive on time but this has happened pretty few and far between for us. The real time food updates on where your driver is could be worked on a bit because it isn't always correct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start by small by ordering things for yourself before using for larger catered lunches and such. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used Postmates so many times to order catered lunches from nearby establishments that either don't offer delivery or require pick up for high volume times. It allows me to get the things I need without having to leave the office if I am having a busy day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I really enjoy the variety of stores and restaurants and the round the clock availability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometime service fees can deter me from ordering Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sometimes I don't have time to make breakfast before going to work/school, it's very convenient when needing food without having to interrupt your schedule Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are frequent email promotions that cover the delivery cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it needs to be made more clear that the credit you get when referring people is a delivery credit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Forgetting to pack a lunch is a thing of the past now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Operations Specialist
What do you like best?

I like the ease of ordering and convenience. Also love that there are so many restaurants to choose from Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've had some bad experiences in the past where it takes FOREVER to receive the food or where (after waiting forever) the order is not as expected. I had a party once and ordered a dozen donuts to bring with... driver showed up with only 3 donuts and they weren't even the correct kinds. I found out later they were "out" of the kinds I ordered but no one told me that before hand and there was never an explanation given (until I reached out myself). Even after I brought it to Customer Service's attention...they didn't refund the money or even give me credits at all. I haven't ordered anything from there for quite awhile.

(Another thing is that food is always cold by the time it arrives to you) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I only use this for personal use, not for business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dinning Room Host
Restaurants
What do you like best?

What I like about this app is that has many options that other apps like GrubHub and Doordash doesn't have like 7-11 and Burger King. The app also offers free delivery at times if you share the app with friends and they decide to sign up. The food that I order tend to remain hot despite waiting a half hour to an hour to an hour to get my food. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The layout of the app can be a little difficult to navigate at times. Also, you cant use the app everywhere, as there are geographical restrictions. Also, the app does a bad job at times updating you on where your driver is with your food. There are also times where places that I like to eat are out of menu options that I like to get Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you can use the app depending on where you are. If you can, test it out on something small first like buying something from seven eleven. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Postmates allows me to order in lunch for me without having to put time aside to leave the office and picking it up. It allows me and others to get more work done through our lunch period and also gives us the opportunity to have something tasty and refreshing. The free delivery money also helps me save a couple of dollars here and there, and it also encourages me to use postmates more often Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engagement Manager
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

I like that Postmates will deliver pretty much anything to me, at almost any time. I have a tendency to procrastinate putting off dinner, groceries, and pretty much everything, but Postmates saves me as I can order right from my phone and pick up what I want, when I want it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the drivers are sporadic and also that I have once had an order get 'denied' because they were too busy. I don't mind waiting longer for my food/order, but I do not want to be denied! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try this out as an alternative to UberEats Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Postmates provides an on-demand service for getting food, and not just from a handful of restaurants. Customization options are limitless. I have been able to save my own time and my companies time from not having to run out and get lunch for meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SOFTWARE LICENSE MANAGEMENT
What do you like best?

Unfortunately this service is not available at my home office location but I have found when traveling this service is a life saver. It allows you to try some top foods in the area without leaving the office wasting time getting lost. The service has always been fast so I imagine they track it closely some how. It’s been a great service and I strongly recommend you try it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Key issue is of course the availability seems to be a tad lower than I would prefer but I know it’s not the easiest thing to get into areas like small towns. My account was also removed for not using the service for a few months and I was not a fan about this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving time and effort with getting food delivered to area I visit for work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GH
What do you like best?

Postmates makes it easy to search and see delivery options in your area. Unlike other delivery services, they do more than just food. It's easy to get office supplies, coffee, or a tray of food/catering from the local grocery store. It's very convenient when you need something local that is specific but don't have the time to leave the office and get it yourself. You can track the status of your delivery by viewing the map which makes it convenient when trying to time the delivery for a surpise, an event, or an office lunch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The total cost of the order is higher than some other services, but they do offer promotions with vendors that have free or reduced delivery. Fee placed on small orders so it incentivizes larger orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up for email promotions to receive coupon codes or free delivery promotions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Postmates makes it easy to get together with colleagues and order food, supplies, and other needs to the office quickly and painlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GM
What do you like best?

If we need to order supplies for a last minute meeting it is the fastest way to get required items! Beats the hassle of having to go out, especially when trying to clean and set up for a meeting! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you are getting dry groceries, crackers, drinks, even packaged good like cheese it’s good. However, fresh fruit, or other groceries can sometimes be questionable. This maybe strictly the grocery store’s issue.

But, for the people who deliver items. Most are good, I would say 70%. Polite, helpful, they actually care! I had one delivery where the woman was so rude! I tried helping her and she left all of our items outside of our office! I was livid. That was so disappointing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems we have solved is being able to obtain last minute office needs! The benefit to this is that we don’t have to spare any employees to run errands and be gone for half the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GF
What do you like best?

The only thing I like about Postmates is the restaurant selection - they have way more variety than Uber Eats / Grubhub. The ordering process is also fairly easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. There are SO MANY hidden fees. They charge you some exorbitant amount as a hold fee, so you don't even know what you're actually paying - as they're "estimates" Drivers are constantly late, and they never, ever, ever check the food. We were using Postmates for small office event catering, and every single order was wrong or missing something. Postmates support is slow to respond and gives you generic, scripted answers that don't really address the problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DON'T USE POSTMATES! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Postmates makes ordering office lunches/catering really easy, when the orders are correct. They also provide a nice variety of restaurants that don't usually deliver or don't usually offer "catering" These are the only benefits I've found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Postmates, unlike other delivery platforms can really Have ANYTHING delivered. We’ve ordered kitchen ware for parties, medicine for when we’re too sick to go out and buy it. Wine... the list goes on. It’s very convenient. Haven’t had something go wrong so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had one time in which there was about $100 hold on my card because the price of the merchandise hadn’t been calculated yet, it was a bit bothersome but once the order was completed the hold was released. Only problem I’ve had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s great for having lunch delivered at the office or some supplies for printing and detailing different designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GC
What do you like best?

I like the convenience of postmates. The platform is pretty easy to use, and if all goes as planned you'll have your food relatively quickly, and without much hassle! Postmates can deliver more than just restaurant items, which is so awesome and convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it is difficult to get in contact with your delivery person. If there is an issue with receiving the order, you must speak with the delivery person. If you are not able to contact this person, the situation becomes very frustrating. I wish there was a better way for the restaurants/delivery persons/customers to interact. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! Why not! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At my former position:

Could order from some of our favorite restaurants using postmates! It's always a hassle to have someone pick up the food, and many of our favorite restaurants didn't have delivery before postmates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager at Bite Squad
Food & Beverages
What do you like best?

The title pretty much says it, Postmates is great because you can order almost anything, it is not just limited to food. Anything from lunch to light bulbs, Postmates can get it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I can think of for Postmates is that it seems like if you order from their partners then they seem to add extra to the standard prices. Also depending on how fast you need something then the delivery times could be long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is almost like having a personal assistant when you are in a tight spot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
Photography
What do you like best?

I love the selection of restaurants to choose from. My favorites and new ones to try- quick service... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The waits can be longer than if I got it myself... like if I fancy a starbucks coffee but my son is sleeping I have to wait about 30 minutes where I could get it myself in less time were he awake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you enjoy local drinks and cuisine you'll enjoy this app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to leave my work but can have things brought right to my door. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GR
What do you like best?

This was our go-to service when it launched, it was a dream to order from any restaurant and being in NYC made it it even better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The introduction of customer-killer features (only listing "approved" restaurants) and fees ($3.99 delivery feee, $2 low cart fee!) made use look for alternatives. It feels like being cheated, you use all your launch money to offer a great service at no cost, then you sneakily make things worse and worse thinking you won't lose any customers (hello MoviePass!). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Given the direction they have been going in I recommend looking for an alternative service if available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We could be more productive and do lunch meetings with everyone being happy about what was ordered. It was quick and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Development Manager
What do you like best?

I like that the location auto-locates to your current address - prevents the users from having to type that in each time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really dislike about the app is the font - to be honest Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving hunger - while at home or at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Service Strategy and Lean Operations, VP
What do you like best?

If you want a pretty esoteric restaurant that isn't on other delivery platforms then Postmates is a good spot to look. It's also better than a task rabbit which is pay by the hour and very flakey Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It still isn't as user friendly as Seamless or Caviar. I've had times where I can't get a delivery person or they take too long Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly get food delivered for team events, or lunches. Fun if you want to get something special that is different Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Server Trainer
What do you like best?

Easy to use. Wide variety of foods to choose from. Delivers right to your door, so gives you the option to be lazy and not leave the house Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that their fee is a little too highs it’s a hastle if there is something wrong with your order to get ahold of someone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s nice to use while at work because it eliminates people needing to leave for lunches. And allows people with less time for lunch to still get a good meal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GR
What do you like best?

What I like most about Postmates is how it brings in a bunch of customers who previously have never heard of our business. It also brings us repeat customers because they see us on the app and sometimes will come in to see what more we have to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes be a little buggy. We've run into a few issues where our postmates tablets have glitched, perhaps more of an issue with the tablet manufacturer than postmates itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you would like to extend your reach and bring in some new customers, give postmates a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bringing in new customers, extending our overall reach. Benefits include new customers, better shopping experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

I love the logo really. It has a nice dynamic to it that makes me want to use the service more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I went to place my first order, there was an extra 45 dollar charge on the receipt, so I cancelled, deleted the app and redownloaded. Same thing happened again and it just go confusing from there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just trying to feed my stomach at this point. The benefit is not driving myself really. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.