Planday Reviews & Product Details

Planday Overview

What is Planday?

Planday is an employee scheduling platform that enables shift-based businesses of almost any size and vertical to manage their workforce all in one web-based system. Manage employee schedules, working hours, shift-swaps, vacation requests and payroll all in one place. Planday also has a fully integrated employee communication function, so managers can text or email employees quickly.

Planday Details
Danish, German, English, French, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish

SaaS Workforce Management Solution that empower managers and employees to work smarter. All team members stay in constant contact allowing for instant shift changes, updates and insights. Planday is used by different sized companies in a variety of industries such as Restaurants, Hotels, Retailers, Call Centres, Fitness clubs, etc.

Planday is the only online workforce management app with all the features you need to manage your team at an affordable price. Whether you have 30 workers or 300, Planday's features enable you communicate with your staff, create and share an employee schedule, and get an overview of your business. With the help of our Activation Consultants, new customers get assistance in tailoring their Planday system to fit their unique business needs and our Customer Success Team is available via phone, email and online chat for any support needs that may arise.

Planday
2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
@Planday

Planday Videos

Planday Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Planday community
Have you used Planday before?

Planday Reviews

Showing 66 Planday reviews
Already have Planday?
t
What do you like best?

All infrmation about emplyees in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We should be able to save groups for mass messages that we send to people. For example I need to send daily or weekly schedules every day, and I need to choose and pick those people I need. It would save some time if I have "my group" with preselected people and send it to that group.

Another thing is approving times for some people. It is not easy to approve days when people are assigned to different departments, and they are under different team leaders. There are little tweaks that need to be done, but all in all program is very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Control of people's working times. Comunication thru messages. Sending schedules to them. Checking my own work times. Having information about all emploees in one place is one big benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Commercial Manager
What do you like best?

There are several positives from easy set up, even with our complex business in aviation, to Planday central support team. The thing we like best is how much the platform has allowed us to plan efficiently with teams in different areas of the business which has also reduced our manual processes by 75%. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have a small group of senior employees that did not like the digital platform transition and felt it was too complicated but with the right training and information pack given to us by Planday it has helped us to change their behaviour. They love the software now and it's made it easier for them to clock in and out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Better planning which has seen has make a saving on payroll

- Rule applications

- Communication with groups of people instead off having to communicate with everyone

- Performance Management on punctuality and attendee

- Reporting

- People management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Planday
AM
What do you like best?

The best thing I like about the app is immediate shift acceptance. As long as my talent pool is strong. It takes me 2-5 minutes to allot shifts to candidates and interestingly mostly I get responses immediately from candidates and shift types and reports access is extremely helpful to track my talent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well, overall its a great app but I didn't like when candidates don't get the shift notifications immediately. I feel that is required to be improved because other than that I never found any issues with this app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well, I am handling the account which was in the beginning all manual and I can still feel the pain while thinking of that. It was very hard for me to track when people are joining and leaving the work, notifying them and scheduling every single person by calling was such a difficult task and of course that manual content never left me with the information which I can sum up without having any automated tracking reports. So Planday, changed my working experience a lot, I used this app to find the joining and ending dates of candidates, my client is day labour so I can track when they are being getting send home. Also, it provided me ease to pull out the report on daily basis for each shift. Apart from this, I can inform candidates about shift cancellation/schedule with a single click and it leaves me with so much time which I can utilize to do other important tasks. It is a life changer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

What I like best about Planday is that it doesn't try to be "all things to all men". It's a great Scheduling system for our restaurant business with good HR functionality. Integrations with other systems is also a massive plus. The service and support is also first class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Planday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During 2020 I raised 2 issues with our Account Manager, the first being holiday accrual for hourly staff and the second a Covid health questionnaire linked to punch clock. Bot of these have been developed and introduced, which will bring massive benefits to our business. Thanks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It actually does what you are promised it will do. This system has saved lots of man-hours by removing unnecessary tasks and improving access to schedules, etc. It has empowered my employees to take responsibility and best of all we've got an amazing communication tool that enables us to collate evidence and electronic signatures too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that springs to mind. Issues I've raised have been dealt with quickly and I'm told my ideas are in the pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it, you won't be disappointed. This is an easy to use system that Managers and Employees love, it provides a transparent solution to budgeting, availability, holidays, etc. The communication element is great and the fact you can collect electronic signatures and gather evidence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication, Budget Control, Transparency of all sites from any location. The ability to communicate and gather signed evidence is excellent and this has saved time, effort and paper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

sparar tid. underlättar komunikation. för det mesta lätthanterlingt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

att rubrik och anteckning för dagen inte är syndlig för alla. Översikt på personalnivå för stälpeltider kontra schemalagda tider är svårt att komma åt och görs från olika filkar i planday. Att sammanställandet av löner inte tar med sjuktimmar och specifirerar det. Jag måste räkna sjuktimmarna och dagarna utifrån schemat.

För att se anställdas timmar måste jag gå in på att redigera anställd. Vilket inte är instutivt. Bara för att jag vill få fram info betyder inte att jag vill ändra infon om den anställde. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

sparar tid, behöver inte ha personallista med telefon nr Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

pastry chef de partie
What do you like best?

You can see for example the rota and if you work per hour you can see how much money are you making every single shift Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think for now I do like everything I been used so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

That is easy to learn how to use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using to see rotas yo updated rotas also.. and to set up meeting and important message to our colleagues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Konstitueret Driftschef
What do you like best?

I have tried out several products like the one Planday is offering and so far I haven't experienced any other that can for fill the needs as Planday can. It is easy to use and I enjoy there helpful customer service if I have any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't really put a finger on anything. Maybe I would like the page to be more employee friendly so that the tool also could be used in a better way to communicate with employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I both solve keeping track of the economy behind setting up the roster as well as getting a sharp overview of how how the day is going to be in any of the restaurants. Besides that then the platform integrates well with a lot of other programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to work with and well organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doing the roster. It is kind of complicated assigning several shifts to one person. Especially if they are different shifts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives you a clear idea of your staff costs up against your revenue. Easy to see who is working. It lets you know if you double rostered someone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cruise Dispatch
What do you like best?

It's easy to use and has good GPS functions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Sometimes there are way too many notifications of a new shift Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Super easy to use both for the employees and managers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working 2 jobs and having the schedule for both on planday. Works really well to swap in and out of different organizations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The % figure invoice vs about costs which helps keep costs under control Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing at the moment, apart from you can't we your subscription in your profile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would defininely give it a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

labour cost and keeping everything tight Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Planday is a fantastic tool that is easy and gives a good overview. The support team is fast to answer and very helpful. Planday is the best product on the market to make and keep track of the employees work schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Planday :)

Planday is a fantastic tool so I have no complains. If we meet some problems or challenges Planday is ready to help and we manage to solve it together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy tool with a lot of functionalities that will make it easy for you to make a work schedule. A tool that is user friendly both for the employer but also for your employees. They can easily make their own schedule, exchange working days with other employees and mark their availability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employees have an easy access to their schedule, they can change it and they are notified immediately. It is user friendly as you can also access it on your mobile device. System gives also a great overview to the employers where they can plan the schedule after their needs and see different kinds of reports. Support team is always there to help and guide you. They try to find a solution to your challenges and are constantly focusing on development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Member of Board
What do you like best?

The E2E solution of planning resources complient to competencies. Easy to admin, and with a wide range of building worktime rules. A great websolution with nice app features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A longterm plan needs sometimes to be rescheduled by a day - its not possible to move the intire plan with dependencies unless you are willing to delete and reschedule with templates. The perfect solution would be, to choose several timesheets - and drag and drop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Complient planning of ressources with right skills and data for salery. The communication and management of people at distance has improved greatly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Quick and responsive support who answers and sorts out the majority of problems we've had. The restaurant managers could adapt easily to the new system which is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The very start of the implementation could improve in term of structure and setting a specific standard. Some of the problems come from us as well since the person who were responsible of implementing Planday left. Understandably there's som confusion when handing over the project to a new person (me). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling and salary export. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Working with planday is easy, intuitive, agile, practical, comfortable, enjoyable.

And most importantly when there are doubts there is always your advisor willing to give you help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Right now I am 100% happy with the program. There are always things to improve, but if you tell them, they work to improve it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I propose to improve the hourly planning system with revenue. That it can be linked so that the staff ratio can be seen quickly (staff cost / per turnover.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Assistant
What do you like best?

I am very satisfied with the way how easy is it to access my schedule, choose availability, I can easily find my contracts, and as a partimer I can see all my hours and salaries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a dark mode of the app. Just a personal preference.

Also I would like if the chat option would evolve more, where you can create a groups in chat as well, maybe call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I am doing intro for the restaurant during the closing, I can easily see how much we spent on salaries and I can easily compare it with budget. I have all my payslips, contracts, hours and much more information about my job in one place, make it so much easier for me if I need to find such a document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

it counts your working hours, you can check the whole team rota Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the rota itself should be easier, making a faster understanding of who is working with. Is not easy for androids to change a shift for an employee Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Can't forget to clock in/out, easy to keep an eye on the hours Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mobile App with punch in/out clock that simplifies the tracking time and ensure a good control of actual and accumulate hours of the employees. Training days to get know the sofware are unlimited included with very helpfull and kindly traineers. Support Team is very kind and I'm happy to have any contact with them, they deliver an accurate response every time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The statistics of working hours could be improved in some details. A better hollydays management system would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time recording, daily schedule, statistics of revenue and control of cost according worked shifts. Better communication between departments thanks to mobile app with message services. Contracts, Payslips and personal information could be loaded in the cloud and distribuited to the all personal or individually to each employee account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy scheduling and holiday calculation. Easy staff communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it runs slow due to updates etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good idea to speak to someone who is already using it as there are so many benefits that can be explained. Or speak to someone from Planday. I met with a Planday representative and was given a really good demonstration. I signed up there and then. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves a lot of time and all the HR information is in one place. Payroll has become so much easier particularly for hourly paid staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Manager
What do you like best?

The planday platform is very easy to use, intuitive interface, great overview in the app – making it user friendly regardless of technical understanding. This is very helpful for a company with a very broad range of personalities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Do to the programing structure in planday, it can be a challenge when we want special features integrated into the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fast and easy handling in our different units, makes the amount of errors lower that previously used platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The integrated time clock, the Vacation planner and the support stuff. (in particular Mrs Jana Buchwald,she is friendly an professionel at any time!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We noted 3 Times the wrong Billing address without improvement. The Hourly schedule is still showing 15. to 15. .... this ist extremely unfavorable, we noted this a few times... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is perfect for hr-planning. It is perfect t use a punshclock anywhere. It is easy to use fot youre team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I spoke a few times with the support staff and got very good help every time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Talent Development Manager, Southwest
What do you like best?

Plan Day has solved the scheduling issues at our workplace! It is easy to use both from the administrator side and from the user side. It allows for lots of functionality to help people understand the days and times they are to be at work, pick up shifts, trade shifts, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about this program. I think its very user friendly and ultimately solves all of the scheduling issues we had previously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly communication at our locations from the manager to the employees about when they are to be working. Its great to be able to send out company wide blasts for things like open shifts, meal break reminders, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founding Director
What do you like best?

The flexibility, userplatform and customer service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I have to say something, the app has been lacking some stuff, but Planday are always interested in feedback on this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth every cent, do not choose a cheaper option, it Will cost in the long run Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling, cost on eventstaff, participation in Company events and training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The setup of the website and app. Very easy to navigate in Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing special - I think it works fine - and when there is something you can contact the support.

Faster support help would be nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sure, I will recommend Planday Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All the shifts, our team's availability, etc.

It is a great and easy system, all my employees like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

The fact that you can keep all employee information and communication in one safe place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real downsides. However, the budgetting part of the program needs improvement. It's not suited for all types of businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to use support when starting off. It's easier to get everything right from the start. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy scheduling of shifts. Contracts online. All work routines in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.