Pantheon Reviews & Product Details

Pantheon Overview

What is Pantheon?

Pantheon is the website operations (WebOps) platform top developers, marketers, and IT use to build, launch and run their Drupal & WordPress websites. Pantheon includes all of the tools professional developers need to build best-practice sites—like staging environments, version control, backups and workflow. Powering 300,000+ sites with over 10 billion page views, Pantheon’s container-based infrastructure allows you to launch websites faster, without worrying about traffic spikes, security, or performance. It’s free in development. You can scale in software on the same infrastructure from day one, and never touch a server again. Create your free account now!

Pantheon Details

Pantheon Screenshots

Pantheon Reviews

Showing 530 Pantheon reviews
Already have Pantheon?
What do you like best?

What defines Pantheon other than the intelligently designed DevOps setup is speed and efficiency. The speed of deployment, setup and the development workflow as well as content delivery on the front end.

I have been recommending Pantheon to my clients for years, not just because of the great workflow, performance benefits and great support but mostly because it makes developing so streamlined, from the effortless multi-dev environments to game changing tools like Terminus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I find is there is a lack of an entry level option lower in price and performance than the "Basic" offering. I find some clients would prefer something like that for very small websites or blogs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since we started using Pantheon in 2014, our workflow has seen a massive efficiency improvement. We spend not time on system administration anymore and all of our time on developing. The multi dev staging workflow in particular has enabled us to develop fast and efficient in conjunction with our clients. Tools like Terminus make it very easy to perform admin tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Francois Nze of Pantheon

Hey there Dan, thank you so much for the feedback! We're glad to hear that you and your clients find value in Pantheon's workflow and performance. We also appreciate your feedback on the product pricing and are continuously working to improve the experience for all of our customers.

What do you like best?

Pantheon does an excellent job of balancing ease of use for site owners with powerful development tools that make it an agency favorite for both our Drupal and WordPress teams. They provide an easy to use development-staging-production WebOps workflow that makes it simple to avoid nasty surprises on a production site, and it’s free to get started building a “sandbox” of your online experience. Scheduled backups, Varnish caching, a global CDN, SSL certificates, and strong server security are all rolled into even their most basic plan, giving you a fast and secure site at a competitive price point.

One of the unique standout features of Pantheon from an agency perspective is their “multidev” capability, which allows us to create feature-based testing environments without touching the main development site. This makes it much easier for client teams and stakeholders to take their time reviewing proposed changes to the site, without interrupting or complicating ongoing maintenance and real-time deployment.

Pantheon is also intentional about giving back to both the Drupal and WordPress communities to provide training, tools, conference and meetup sponsorship, and support to various open-source projects, which is laudable and worth rewarding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A downside of strong server security and caching configuration is that your access to the servers at Pantheon is extremely limited. They have a custom command line tool you can use; and if that tool doesn’t do what you want to do, then you don’t have many other options (unless you’re working with a team who knows Pantheon inside and out). If your organization requires specific security audits, penetration testing, or other server review processes, they can be challenging to conduct thoroughly in Pantheon’s environment. We’ve also found that layering additional “best practices” caching and security tools, especially for WordPress, can have unpredictable and opaque results.

Pantheon’s pricing is competitive, but large spikes in your traffic can cause costs to skyrocket quickly. Their base plan may be a financial stretch for small, lean organizations or personal sites.

Finally, be aware that if you’re running a “multisite” network of sites from a single instance of Drupal or WordPress, Pantheon does not support this architectural model. They offer alternative approaches, but this can be a dealbreaker if you simply want to migrate what you already have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pantheon is an excellent fit for our clients with a high volume of feature development work, because the built-in feature-based environments make it more streamlined to review and deploy independently. We have also had marked success using their custom upstream feature to facilitate organizations that want to create a “starter kit” for new sites while retaining control of a central code base. By using custom upstreams, any entity associated with the client can use their custom setup and receive updates, while still running an entirely standalone site that can be customized to their individual needs.

The primary benefit we get from working with Pantheon on a daily basis is the efficiency we derive from their robust developer tools. Their code and database workflow coupled with the ease of integrating their command line tools into our CI/CD workflow means we can automate and streamline in a way that aligns with what we view as industry best practices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Francois Nze of Pantheon

Hey there Allison, thanks for the positive review. Glad to hear Pantheon is an agency favorite for your Drupal and WordPress teams. We also appreciate the honest feedback. Our teams use it to continuously improve our customers' experience.

Open Discussions in Pantheon
Chief Technology Officer
What do you like best?

Pantheon's automation is the best. Pantheon's dashboards and the isolation between dev, test, and production environments let us stage changes for public, client review. Then, once the client approves the changes, it's only one click to deploy. It's also one-click for most Drupal core upgrades.

Pantheon is also high performance -- they somehow handle varnish caching automatically without getting in my way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pantheon has had some high-profile outages and data loss lately. Adding insult to injury, their response to these outages has not been handled well. As a long-time customer of Pantheon, during these outages I didn't feel like Pantheon really cared what impact the outage had on my business. They also made several promises to follow-up and keep us informed that they didn't follow through on.

Separately, we are finding it difficult to integrate Pantheon into a larger multi-cloud, micro-services architecture. We wish there was an easier way for sites hosted on Pantheon to communicate with our private clouds without going over the public internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try them out for free; launch a heavy installation profile like Open Atrium, and see how it performs. Have your team try out the deployment workflow and see if it's a natural fit for your process.

If you build sites for clients, sign-up to be a reseller so you can host more sites for free than the basic free level.

Be sure to keep back-ups of your data off of Pantheon, just in case they experience data loss. If you host business-critical applications on Pantheon, implement a business continuity plan in place that enables you to spin up those applications/sites on another provider in under a few hours, in case Pantheon has future high-profile outages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pantheon's process fits right into our existing installation-profile-based continuous integration process. We build large, business-logic-heavy Drupal sites, and the the Pantheon hosting system is the first system we've used that fully supports our version-control-driven deployment process. Internally, we use a continuous integration server that uses Drupal Installation Profiles, Drush, GIT, and Aegir to build an entire site from scratch and then deploy it. Pantheon's GIT-based deployments fit perfectly with this approach.

The automatic backups also allow us to slide back to previous releases of sites, if things go badly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Pantheon knows what they're best at, and focuses on just doing that. By focusing on WordPress and Drupal as their only supported platform, support staff is able to offer support for software as well as the hosting environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of limitations or specific requirements for using the Pantheon platform. If you follow coding best practices you should be in good shape, however all of the optimizations they do for site performance as well as the CDN require some changes to your workflow. For example one can only write to the server on the Dev environment, Test and Live are locked down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pantheon allows us to give our clients the best possible hosting environment. One of the interesting things we realized recently is that on a VPS or other hosting environment you tend to upgrade resources because your site goes down or otherwise has performance suffer. On Pantheon, you performance never suffers, you just pay for more bandwidth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Ian, thank you for the insightful review. We're glad to hear that Pantheon has proven valuable to you and appreciate the feedback on things that could be improved.

What do you like best?

I like the way the backups for code and database are managed those are very helpful to keep the site integrity over time.

It is very easy to manage the content between environments some times you did an incorrect update in the database and it is necessary to start over with the deploy so in those cases those tools for restoring previous backups are very helpful.

The security option to avoid the site being 100% public is very helpful during development phases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

By default, you are only able to use master branch so initially in the first level without the multisite option working only in the master branch makes it difficult to test different functionalities that can be added to a different branch and deployed to the site.

Some times when you are working with different repositories the use of different tools to improve the deploy as terminus so the documentation related to the integration of terminus with different repositories as GitHub, bitbucket, and others will be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basically, I am working with Pantheon to host different sites of different business the major benefits here are associated with the time deploying and the easiest way to roll back in case a release is not doing the correct thing.

I like the option to use Lando for deploying the site with this a good use of composer and a better managing of the site deploying locally can be done without causing too much problem when you are working with different sites at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Thanks for your review and feedback, Yerminson. We appreciate the feedback on multisite and our branching. Glad that you're finding value in the workflows and how you can deploy sites for different businesses.

AM
What do you like best?

If you are skilled and want to learn Pantheon, I believe they're a good option. I also don't think those considering Pantheon because of its differences with the majority of hosting companies should read into my review.

However, if your anything but super technical, they might not be ideal.

Backups are easy, and can be scheduled or manually done. When manually backing up, it works 90% of the time. There is significant support documentation which is helpful because Pantheon is not similar to any other hosting provider, so everything you've learned from cpanel can be thrown out the window.

The interface is nice, and easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I want to preface this with the fact that I don't know if my review is fair. I believe Pantheon is a good company, and I am the wrong customer. I am a business owner with an ability to build and maintain my site, however, all of my skills come from me following tutorials online. - So take this for what it is worth.

Pantheon requires a high level of understand, not basic. Virtually anytime I want to implement something I've learned elsewhere from a tutorial online, I am immediately confronted with the fact that Pantheon runs on nginx, so most tutorials found elsewhere are of no use.

Multidev always have 504 errors. Which requires you to refresh your page a couple of times to get it to clear. - This is always frustrating, but only happens on multidev and not live.

Support is hit or miss. I've been on support chats with some incredible people on Pantheon, and they will go above and beyond to help. They're patient, provide me with suggestions and documentations, and walk me through what I need to do with clear screenshots and explanations.

However, other times, I am met with someone who is not interested in supporting me, is not patient, and does not want to clearly explain things.

Their staging platform is too complex and there are always issues. After using Pantheon for a few years and struggling to find a seamless was to commit changes, I hired a developer with Pantheon experience, and he too was met with complex issues just committing a staging site to live. - So I believe the complexity does carry over a little bit to those with more skill than me.

I believe some of my most frustrated moments in the last years have been a result of me simply trying to publish changes to my site, only for Pantheon to throw issue after issue my way.

The price is also too high. Once you reach 30k page views, the cost goes from around $40 to more than $200. Comparing that with WPX.net, a company I have my eye on switching over to, the price bump would go from $25 to $50 once you reach that mid-tier. - Maybe I am comparing apples to oranges here because Pantheon does a bit more, but their added features are not justifiable by someone who just has a simple Wordpress business site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For my use case, I believe Pantheon is causing more problems than they are solving, unfortunately. However, remember, I might not be their right customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Francois Nze of Pantheon

Hey there. Thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review. I'm sorry to hear that our product didn't quite meet the expectations you had in mind but I appreciate you sharing your perspective as a self-taught business owner because it truly helps us find ways to improve the platform for you and others.

What do you like best?

The process of pushing local development to a dev server, then to a test server, then live, then pulling a live db back down to local to implement new tools or testing... this is extremely smooth and easy. From the pantheon lando recipe to terminus commands, the process is smooth and easy. Spin up dev environments and create full backups with a click of a mouse. And, they take care of a lot of security details that we no longer have to be so crazy about... it's just done for you. I've even had issues with third party stuff that Pantheon doesn't necessarily provide support for, and they've always been 100% helpful in getting me answers or pointing me in the right direction. It's really a breath of fresh air using their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of much to dislike other than price. Pricing is fine to pass on when you have business clients, but, not necessarily doable for personal sites or startups without funding. Still, in those cases, I would recommend starting up your site elsewhere and then moving it to pantheon when budget allows, to take advantage of all pantheon offers in performance, security features, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For businesses with Drupal or Wordpress sites, I'd highly recommend Pantheon. They've got it all covered, from security to performance to development flow, to support. It's a well-rounded service by professionals who know what they're doing. And, they are actively always improving to remain the best at what they do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I would say that the pantheon dashboard solves the problem of keeping all our client sites in one place, easy to access, easy to update, easy to backup, easy to monitor. Benefits are low frustration levels! I've used many other hosts and I'll tell you, their "dashboards" will send you through a maze of different services in different places, where you always run into "that thing" that doesn't work, or doesn't make sense, or that you can't find. Then you spend an hour trying to get through to tech support. Well... NOT at Pantheon. They make it easy. And if you can't find something, they are just one click away and you're talking with a real person who knows what they're talking about. That's priceless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Cheryl, thanks for your review. Happy to hear that you'd highly recommend Pantheon.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

It makes it super easy to set up WordPress along with being able to have multiple environments to make testing super easy. I also like the requirement to actually commit code to install a plugin which requires a little more knowledge and adds a little barrier to add code to the site that is not custom-built for the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The quality of support has gone down a little over the past year. There is still a fair amount of help it just seems like Pantheon has been going through a growth spurt and I've been through this with other similar companies in the past hopefully it will pass and everything will get better. Pantheon is still a good choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a decent amount of scale, multiple testing environments, or Drupal support along with WordPress Pantheon makes a good choice. It is fairly expensive comparatively but you get what you pay for with Pantheon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problems would be scale and security. Some of the other managed hosts have had issues keeping up with some of the sites, especially around e-commerce. Pantheon has never had any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Danny, thanks for reviewing Pantheon. Great to hear that you're finding value in our WebOps Platform for your WordPress hosting. We appreciate your feedback on our Support and would love to get more information from you to understand how we can improve this for you.

What do you like best?

The support with Pantheon is top-notch. We now have 3 websites on Pantheon and I wouldn't think about switching. They work with each year on our billing and we are so grateful for having great people that work at Pantheon. Overall, the system is great and offers. lots of services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is you have to pay for multisite if you don't have a certain subscription. Support can also be expensive if you don't go with a certain plan.

I would love a little more control over our server settings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have three sites on the platform and it's fast and I love having three different environments per site (LIVE, TEST, DEV).

Be able to have backups run automatically also is a HUGE benefit. I am not sure I am solving any problems but using Pantheon makes it much easier overall to manage our websites, make changes, go live and figure out issues with the website itself in the DEV site without messing with our LIVE site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Marcy, thanks for your review and feedback. Great to hear that all three of your websites on Pantheon are showing great performance and that you're finding value from our Dev, Test, Live environments.

What do you like best?

Customer support is amazing, constant training courses, and 24-7 help.

With Pantheon, there is no system administration or server management to do. Backups can be scheduled automatically.

Berkeley has negotiated reduced rates and improved features for all levels of hosting service.

The monthly hosting cost is lower than an on-campus solution (webfarm web server and database instance).

Basically the entire process of dev ops makes this wonderful and having constant support is just unbelievable.

Their terminus command lines also allow you to make changes without having to log into Pantheon's back-end. This feature is wonderful and when used in conjunction with WP CLI is is even better. These often are how you can get things done when WordPress is having an issue.

They offer 24-7 support but also in chat logs with people. I have used this many times and love it. One of the best features. These chat logs are saved and emailed to you so that you have records of them.

Lastly, they offer free 2-3 hour training courses. These are wonderful for people and I was very excited when I started using them. They will record the entire session and will email you the video of it as well for future use.

You have direct contact with them at all times and their higher silver and gold packages are wonderful for a direct contact.

All in all I am so impressed with Pantheon and I have NEVER seen a better service and stability than them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Learning curb at the very start can be slightly challenging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I implore you to give them a test trial! You will never want to host or work with any other provider. Ever single dime is worth it so much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dev > Test > Live Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My team purchased Diamond Support with our hosting plan and it has proven to be a great value. The onboarding process has been very smooth so far. I really like my "customer success" engineer.

The tooling is great, too. I am so excited to be offering my clients SOLR search, caching with Redis, and fastly's CDN. Our web pages have never loaded so fast. I love how I can hookup GitLab CI/CD with Pantheon in a comprehensive pipeline that includes multi-dev, dev, test, and live environments. My developers and I have never had it so good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some members of my team are disappointed that they don't get to manage our servers anymore. Hahaha! Seriously, I haven't encountered anything on Pantheon that I have disliked. Well, I suppose I dislike that we don't have access to the cutting-edge version of Apache SOLR. On the other hand, I'm sure they'll upgrade soon enough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are in the process of reinvigorating our entire web ecosystem, giving our organization a digital transformation. The 99.9% uptime is a revolution for my team. We weren't using Drupal before now, so that is another aspect that is giving is revelations on the regular. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Jonathan, thank you for your review of Pantheon. Great to hear that you're finding tremendous value in our WebOps Platform and the Diamond Support. (Sorry we've taken server management away from your team haha). We're excited to hear more from your success on Pantheon and are available at any time for questions or to help with anything.

Information Technology Consultant
What do you like best?

Pantheon has allowed me us to automate our workflow, limit malware and php intrusions, and get a handle of our dev-ops with a single container for each applications environments and version control. This saves a ton of time spent on maintenance and in many cases eliminates some of the tasks we needed to complete for our maintenance contracts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I have any dislikes of the Pantheon system. However, I would recommend some form of built-in reporting that can be presented in a simple way for managed clients. I.e. after making upgrades, maintenance fixes it would be great if Pantheon kept a log with some details that can be auto-compiled into a white-labeled report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try. It's free to use the sandbox for testing projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hosting, maintenance and devOps. We've benefited by having a single container for our environments which makes it easy to onboard new developers and spend more time on building applications and experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Kevin, thanks for your review. It's great to hear that you and your team are finding ways to work more efficiently (and save time, which is essentially money). And, we appreciate the feedback on the reporting.

What do you like best?

Pantheon provides development and test environments, GIT access, SSL certificate, and content delivery network (CDN) for every site and the cost is very reasonable. They provide excellent documentation. We've transferred a dozen sites to Pantheon and the performance is great. Once the sites were uploaded, there was no additional work needed to tweak the configuration to improve performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no option for only using an external git respository unless you create a custom upstream. Once configured on a local machine, you can push to both Pantheon and an external repository however the external repository would now contain Pantheon specific files. It would also be create to have the option to enable image compression (e.g. GooglePagespeed). Sales and support performance are on par for similar organizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pantheon is a great platform for hosting Drupal sites and the price is reasonable. The command line tool, Terminus, is an excellent addition for the tech savvy or those looking to automate website management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I previously used multiple VPS servers for hosting Drupal sites. It was always a pain to spin up a test environment to test changes, migrate the changes to the live site, and then delete the test site. Pantheon makes this process so much easier. While I am spending more with Pantheon, we are saving a lot of time by not having to manage VPS servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Thanks for your review, Shomari. We're glad to hear that you're finding value in our Dev, Test, and Live environments and our other developer tools. And we appreciate your feedback on the repository, image compression, and support.

What do you like best?

Pantheon automatically gives each site a dev, test, and staging server and has a good workflow. Code is pushed up, content is pushed down. It also automatically backs up each server on a daily and weekly schedule and has a CDN and page cache. It works in git or SFTP Mode, and has a multi-dev environment too. It also has nice error alert features and great security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This host takes a bit of getting used to for non-technical users. I use it with my clients and handle their hosting for them. I imagine I would have a hard time training a non-technical client in managing the hosting and teaching them the process for updating plugins and pushing the code up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up for free and try out a sandbox site. It's free and will give you a chance to get to know the tools before you commit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Pantheon for my business as I built a lot of WordPress sites, and Pantheon has great tools to improve its speed, security, and stability. I also enjoy the flexibility of being able to work quickly in git or SFTP mode. Their customer service has always been great too, very helpful, and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Thanks for your review, Emer. We're glad to hear your WordPress websites are performing well and that you're enjoying the developer tools and workflows.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

I like that I can easily download a copy of my site to work on and either push directly to Pantheon, or use something like Bitbucket to host the code and Pantheon updates pretty quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes guides are a little hard to find, so usually I google a question about pantheon, find the guide that way, and then leave it open in a tab until I need it again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This could be a good fit, but it doesn't hurt to look around at other web hosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just website hosting. We have a lot of sites, but the ease of creation is nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Francois Nze of Pantheon

Hi Evans. Glad to hear that you're finding value in our hosting. I appreciate your feedback on the guides, and we are actively working to improve our documentation and most importantly the experience.

See how Pantheon improved
What do you like best?

Agile developer flow that doesn't let you take shortcuts to send something live - needs to pass through dev and staging. Code changes made through FTP must be committed. Multi-dev environments where you can develop components in isolation. Easy to update WordPress/Drupal cores using the provided upstream branch. Never had an issue with performance. Unlimited backups. Support team can be reached in a matter of minutes via live chat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bit costly when hosting a basic website. Solr indexing provided by Pantheon is quite an old version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A managed host that we offer to our clients without worrying about complexity or reliability. Ability to test components independently outside the local environment. Pantheon provides a great, up-to-date core base to built new sites upon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Chamath, thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you're finding value in our workflows and easy updates. Also happy to hear that our Support Team has proven available and valuable to you.

What do you like best?

Moving our domain to the new hosting provider was very easy and the hoster did all the bureaucratic work for us. I find it very good that we can see all the functions in the admin panel and can independently activate or deactivate extensions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Registering new domains now takes a long time and a lot of additional information is obtained each time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can host our company homepage efficiently with this hoster. The homepage speed is very good and there are no server problems or failures. The homepage loads quickly and the databases are also very quickly accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Francois Nze of Pantheon

Hello, Clarissa. We're delighted to hear that you're finding value in Pantheon. Thanks for the feedback!

AN
What do you like best?

Pantheon's "opinionated" platform is well thought out, and the setup saves tons of development time compared to more basic hosting plans. Pantheon may as well be the gold standard for how to host -- how to keep sites running well, how to avoid common development problems, and how to develop more quickly because you're not fiddling around with creating a custom setup that keeps things running well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Pantheon Dashboard, once excellent, is now a barely functional mess. They said that a new version is coming soon, but I wish it hadn't broken so badly in the meantime. The problems don't stop me from getting things done, but they make certain tasks more confusing and a little slower than they need to be. I hope that they fix all the dashboard problems soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pantheon just works. See whether their plans are in your ballpark budget, and if they are, see if you can partner with a Pantheon-approved agency to get preferred pricing. You'll probably save money on the development end of things because your developer(s) will spend less time dealing with hosting-related issues like they would on many other hosting platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We don't have to worry about sites going down due to cowboy coding, poorly-coded plugins, unexpected updates, or sudden spikes in traffic. We've experienced a number of avoidable disasters before we moved to Pantheon, and now things run well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Adam Arthur of Pantheon

Joe, thanks for taking time to review Pantheon. Glad to hear that you're finding value on Pantheon and that our service and website development. Appreciate the feedback on our dashboard and this is something we're actively working on (and are glad that you're finding workarounds in the meantime).

IC
What do you like best?

One of the nice features of Pantheon is how easy it is to migrate from a dev environment to production. As most WordPress developers know it's difficult to migrate files and a database between local, dev, staging and production environments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to ssh into the containers is a big draw back. For most users i'd think Pantheon is sufficient to host their WordPress website. Then there are people who want access to their entire infrastructure. I'd like to b able to use my own image maybe with a base image from Pantheon and have ssh access to the container Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a WordPress environment to easily develop on with a hands off approach to your infrastructure Pantheon is good. If you expect surges in traffic, high traffic sites and full control of your environment you may want to consider one of the big cloud providers AWS/GCP/Azure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easily hosting WordPress and developing in multiple environments while allowing people on different teams to continuously contribute content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.