Cloudways Reviews & Product Details

Cloudways Overview

What is Cloudways?

Cloudways is a managed hosting provider that emphasizes performance and simplicity. From the simple server and application launch to the ongoing server maintenance, Cloudways takes away all the hassles of server management so that you can continue to focus on growing your business. When you join Cloudways, you get a powerful managed environment for your ecommerce stores and business websites. The core USP of Cloudways is choice - the choice of cloud providers, the choice of hosting almost every PHP powered application, the choice of using a paid or free SSL and the choice of developer and agency-focused workflows. The ideas of choice and freedom to focus on what’s important to the users start right from the moment of server & application launch. With the choice of five IaaS providers (AWS, GCE, DigitalOcean, Vultr, and Linode) and multiple versions of popular applications (including four flavors of WordPress and two of Magento), the users can configure the Cloudways platform to fit their operational requirements and business processes. The theme continues throughout the platform where users can deploy almost 50+ server and application management operations in a few clicks. So whether you are an online store, an agency or a freelance developer with several clients, Cloudways offers the perfect mix of features that help you achieve more out of the managed hosting solution for your business websites and client projects.

Cloudways Details

Cloudways provides its customers the convenience of developing, monitoring and managing spectacular web apps without fussing with the cloud infrastructure.

Cloudways

Cloudways Reviews

Showing 141 Cloudways reviews
Already have Cloudways?
General Manager
What do you like best?

Even the smallest and cheapest of servers perform great with Cloudways for WordPress sites. Magento is a bit more power hungry but Cloudways' services work great with both apps. Setting up Varnish cache, Redis or Memcached is a breeze.

Documentation is also one of the strong suites of Cloudways, I can find an article on almost anything I need to do or implement, and support is also top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot find anything that I dislike with Cloudways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with a small server, then go up the ladder when you need more performance. Usually the optimizations Cloudways offers make the smaller servers perform very well with apps like WordPress and Magento. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

WordPress hosting is a premiumly priced service, but with Cloudways I get a reasonably priced server that offers great performance.

It gets even more important for Magento to have an optimized server, Cloudways offers just that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Website Designer
What do you like best?

Easy to migrate existing Wordpress websites. The hardest thing about switching hosting is the migration side. Cloudways has a Wordpress plugin and easy to follow instructions that take this pain away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Understanding and setting up the cache system for Wordpress. I use "page builders" for my Wordpress sites, either Divi or Oxygen. I have always used plugins like Swift Performance Pro to handle the cache side of things. Cloudways has their own cache plugin and "Varnish cache" built in, but understanding how to set it up, and the right settings has been a challenge... I have struggled a little bit with this side of things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

"Shared hosting" has risen in price substantially over the last year, with my old hosting provider blaming the "cPanel" increase (after 10+ years of service they started charging me 5X more for my hosting at the beginning of 2020...) So first and foremost I was looking for a better price, and I don't need or use most of the cPanel stuff anyways. Cloudways fit this bill nicely

I also wanted to upgrade the "speed" of my websites. The old shared hosting I was using was good, but not great. Moving to Cloudways and using a Vultr High Frequency server has put me into the "great" range when it comes to speed. These were the 2 things I was looking to accomplish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use, everything is within reach and easy to find so far. There are lots of great options for servers, you can pick from a couple of different servers like AWS, Digital Ocean etc, so scalability is pretty easy here. Along with that, they have really great prices. It's charged based on usage so you don't pay a ton of money on a slow month, which is really good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't seem to find a file manager similar to you would with cPanel, but I'm pretty sure if I ask the support team they'd offer a solution. Aside from that, there are really no other downsides, in my use case to using Cloudways. Ultimately, it really depends on what you're planning to use it for and the scale of your website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm mainly using Cloudways as a testing site. I'm a technical support agent for a WordPress page builder, so I need a fast environment for replicating issues and making solutions. This helps me to eliminate a local environment that slows my device down and I'm able to use it just about anywhere at any time, even on my smartphone. In terms of business problems that are being solved for me, it makes my job go by a lot quicker and allows me to increase my output. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The performance:cost ratio is far better than any managed hosting that I have used, you have some control over the server without the responsibility of keeping it updated and running, and it is just as easy to move CMS sites around and do routine maintenance as a managed host, if not easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the past I have found bot blocking to be a bit worse than other comparable hosts and there was no direct access to server firewall rules, but that has recently improved quite a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I find that this is a great host for beginner marketing sites for businesses that appreciate the need for extra performance for a website that they are spending money on PPC services on, but are not yet sold on the value of a more expensive managed server, and also don't need a large number of cPanel managed email addresses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very easy to spin up new sites or add server capacity, simple to move WordPress sites on and off with their BlogVault migration tool, and easy to manage ssh access for each project individually, or for the server as a whole. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Strategic Member
What do you like best?

They have a very good quality and easy to use. We were using for years another service provider for this job and after very time researching for a change, we came to Cloudways, after tested a lot more of hosting provider. I recommended this hosting company for sure. We are using it for a while, and it was the best decision we took, I don't regret to have this new partners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike from its services at cloudways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fully recommended! They are very cost-effective and good service quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were using another service provider and we had lately some issues regarding the consistency of the servers and its performance. We had to make full research on looking for another company to rely on and to start a complex process of migration for many websites we had from our clients. We found Cloudways and we have migrated a lot of sites very easily, with are having now better performance, a lot of speed and very secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Below things I like on the Cloudways -

1) Easy UI/UX to setup any new server within the 5 minutes.

2) you can easily setup digital ocean or any other cloud server as per your choice

3) You can easily scale any server within the minutes

4) provide 24*7 hours support

5) Save huge cost on the server hosting from the startups point of view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislike -

1) Offline FTP uploading or downloading the files not easy with Cloudways. Ever time i am getting error and required permission.

2) There is no Cloud File Manager where we can easily maintain the Website Files. Everytime i have to use SSH Command or offline FTP Server for the same. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems - Huge Cost on Maintain the Server

Solution with Cloudways - Previously i use Kinsta Hosting but there i have to pay for the per visitors. Similar features are provided by cloudways and they just charge through the RAM & Space capacity for digital ocean.

Benefits - Save thousand dollar in reliable cloud hosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is very optimized to work with wordpress, it optimizes for best performance and faster load times. Also as a result of this, i get better rankings for our websites. I also like that ir runs without a problem using heavy plugins such as woocommerce addons, wpml, forms, etc. Also a very nice feature is that you pay what you consume and it also very helpful to be able to choose different hosting platforms such as digitalocean, google cloud or amazon aws. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that i can't create sub-accounts for my clients and it is hard for my clients to open a free trial. Also it would be nice to be able to give access to more users using the same cloudways account. It would be nice also to have more that 3 days of free trial, maybe 7 seven days is better to manage all migrations from hosting to hosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be quick while using the 3 days free trial and expect to have a very good support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using this hosting provider to get better speed in our wordpress installations, which gives us a better user experience and a benefit or ranking higher in search engines. A big benefit is that support is very fast and helpful whenever we encounter an issue in our websites. Also is very nice that it has a functionality to optimize wordpress installations. But i would say that the main benefit is to get less than 1 second load times by using this hosting along with caché plugins, optimized images, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Art Director
What do you like best?

The fact that Cloudways makes my website work at optimal speed for a token and still give referral bonuses of up to $20 is really cool and encouraging. I can always relax to know my issues are fixed with their technical support anytime. They also have several options of cloud services and I get to choose which one best fits my current needs. I can also say that they help me collaborate more with my team as I can add other team members to projects. To crown it all up, for these amazing benefits, they have such a pocket-friendly price and I get to pay as I go. Not having someone bill me outrageously for features I don't use or even usen often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I started using Cloudways very recently after my web developer recommended them. And I've since loved it. However, I have a little issue with my email hosting which I later realized isn't available. This means I have to go get another email hosting platform at an extra cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend that anyone who needs speed and reliability should definitely check out Cloudways' services Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not a web developer but since my developer migrated to Cloudways, it has been easier for me to manage my Wordpress site without expert knowledge on web development. Also, my Wordpress website was formerly on cPanel but I also realized Cloudways doesn't operate with CPanel which cause me a little bit of issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

I love how fast the website runs now. It's much faster than it was when I was using bluehost. The cost is so much more effective than some of the other hosting solutions out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little but difficult to set up at first. It's a bit of a learning curve compared to some of the other hosting companies but at the end it is definitely work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Don't get frustrated by the techiness of it because you can overcome that hurdle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speed is so much faster and all the website purging, backup and security is taken care of. The price is soooo much better than using some of the other wordpress managed hosting and the best part is that you have an entire server dedicated to your site instead of sharing. A dedicated server can cost an upward of $400 with some companies but you can do it at a fraction of the cost with cloudways Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cloudways provides me access to the server without me having to manage every detail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The difference in pricing tiers. Going from a small 1GB Ram, 1 Core to a 2GB 2 Core server instance the price doubles. This may be warranted given pricing from Digital Ocean, but it appears to be a big increase in price. It might just be my perception. Still a great service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Even though I technically can manage my own server on Digital Ocean, I like that Cloudways takes care of the small things on the server side. I have tried other managed hosting which offer less access to server details and I left them because of the lack of access to server configuration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesperson and Marketer
What do you like best?

The best Platform to build websites, cool performance, and excellent support. I think since not getting these three factors on the hosting provider in my country (Indonesia) then migrating to Cloudways, this is the right choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I want to feel all can be done so quickly. When I need the help of my support team can not directly connect with a human agent, but Cloudways bot first, so should chat with cloudways bot to connect with a human agent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cloudways is a good way for the best option. Your business will be in the right environment, a reliable support team, and a focus on developing business content because cloudways that will be managed technical part Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In Cloudways, I got new lessons and knowledge of the support team to solve the problem that happened on my website. The support team is very patient to help me like answering questions, giving suggestion, helping migration well, and much more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about Cloudways is their feature rich custom dashboard which makes it easy to manage my WordPress powered blog.

Following are some of my favorite features:

1) See Realtime server usage graphs.

2) Easily restart different services.

3) Easily modify server level settings.

4) Upgrade packages.

5) Auto disk cleanup to free space.

6) Tell Cloudways when it can perform schedule server maintenance for my site.

7) Secure SSH/SFTP/MYSQL by blocking access to all IPs except mine.

8) Ability to scale server whenever traffic spikes.

9) Choose when and how often to take offsite auto backups and how long to retain them. Plus take on demand backups as and when need arises.

10) Enable SMTP email service of my choice or Elastic mail with just few clicks.

11) Enable Cloudflare WAF module to see real visitor IP in logs.

12) Block direct IP access to my site.

13) Set custom cache expiry for Static Assets and Varnish cache.

14) Add delete multiple user for SSH/SFTP.

15) Access MYSQL Database Manager with 1-Click.

16) Setup and manage server cron jobs.

17) Disable XMLRPC requests to prevent Brute Force attacks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have no issues with the way Cloudways is apart from below issues:

1) Little pricy.

2) Inbuilt CDN. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For bloggers who are just starting out can go with the least expensive Digital Ocean server.

If you are looking for stability and performance go with Linode servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps me solve speed, security, and management issues effortlessly.

1) Can easily manage my WordPress powered blog with their feature rich dashboard.

2) Fast loading sites.

3) See access and error logs.

4) Analyze traffic.

5) Easily upgrade packages.

6) Take on demand backups when required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

I'm a front-end person and the expert support has really made the difference. Friendly engineers are on hand and they help me solve problems fast. Many hosts now have call-centre support who take ages to read through decision trees and docs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I can't type my query into the chat after asking for "Cloudways Support" in the chat. That I can't scroll up or search my chat history. I would like it if chat was automatically archived and easily accessible so I can search within and review it later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go watch WPCrafter's YouTube video about Cloudways. He explained everything I needed to know to take a trial. A day on board and I knew it was for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Siteground used to be great. Their new client interface is confusing and makes finding chat bizarrely difficult. I was looking to move all my sites to a faster, better-supported platform. I am able to build, test and deploy faster. I'm saving money too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President and Founder
What do you like best?

Their server stack is highly optimized and tuned for WordPress. I recently moved a large client to their platform (Digital Ocean backend) and the migration was flawless! The site's loading time was greatly improved and my client is very happy as they are soon courting investors. The recent addition of Bot Protection is another standout feature. I have a total of 14 clients on the platform and am in the process of migrating more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to have a white-label interface for my more tech-savvy clients and perhaps a file manager for those who can't quite grasp sFTP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you understand Cloudways doesn't offer an email service for your clients. Also, if you have clients that insist on server access, they will be relegated to using sFTP. Cloudways is the ideal platform if you are tired of rolling your own servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit to me is that I no longer have to keep up with patching and rebooting servers. The Cloudways interface to Digital Ocean is fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Food Analyst
What do you like best?

The managed fast cloud servers are the prime reasons for me switching from traditional shared hosting to Cloudways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Pricing is almost double than the source cloud providers. It could have been a bit discounted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cloudways is highly recommended for those who want to move to cloud hosting without the hassles of managing cloud services which may be a bt too technical. The managed cloud solutions by CloudWays and offerings like Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, Vultr, Amazon and Linode offers many options to select from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cloudways has solved the problem of slow loading WordPress sites since their offerings are cloud servers only. The speed optimizations are good and you will see a visible faster loading time of websites when compared with traditional shared hosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

There is a wide gap in the ease of use of the platform and the customer service compare to where I am coming from.

My site is faster than before and I have access to unlimited inode usage compare to capped allocated space in my previous host company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far so good, there is no room for dislike yet. I hope it continue line this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using Cloudways is highly recommended and I have began spreading the good news already Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before now, I had issue with speed for my website,

I had issue with allocated space and seamless creation of staging environment. Right now, I have gotten value for the money spent as all problems listed above have been solved by Cloudways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The interface is clean and easy to understand, incorporating server level tools and tweaks with single clicks. Changing the entire site domain is a simple task, resetting file and folder permissions is a single click. Deploying clones and staging servers/sites is simple.

The speed is super fast by default rad they’ve obviously tweaked their setup to a fine degree. And the migration tools offered are by far the best I’ve ever used. The first reliable ones that work every single time without any failures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any downside yet. A slight issue I had was the ability to test a powerful enough server option on trial before adding a card. But that’s just because the site I wanted to test was massive. I just upgraded right away instead of taking the trial and never regretted it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice is to just give it a try! I was impressed and have since started planning the move for all my sites and businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Server management and maintenance is now much more simple and our site speed which affects business massively has been increased dramatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

The support articles are full of images and video. I am not techy, but I am a solopreneur do everything myself. The support is easy to understand and there's no confusion with all the articles, arrows, and video. When those articles aren't enough, the live chat never fails. Support reps are cheerful and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Getting started wasn't bad, but like all tech services, there was a learning curve. There was some miscommunication bout the price per month for my selected server that had to be corrected. It cost me double for a few months before I caught on. But it was easily solved with chat support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My site is being hosted in an economical, up to date fashion that isn't GoDaddy. Support continues to impress me even after a year of their services. Other companies have dropped their responsiveness once a new client is established, not Cloudways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Performance. I am on the $10/mo Digital Ocean plan, and the performance is great. TTFB for my live site is around 300ms. Overall very smooth experience. I don't think there is any other hosting at this price that provides this kind of performance.

The platform UI/UX is another stand out feature. The interface is modern and systematically organized and easy to get around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a File Manager. This stands out especially considering that the team behind Cloudways is super talented. A File Manager is very convenient. I hope this will be rectified soon.

Especially for non-tech savvy users, this is a difficult limitation to overcome. Especially because you cannot extract sip files using tools like FileZilla. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1> Email. Cloudways hosting does not provide Email, so prepare a solution for Emails. I use Zohomail. Evaluate options based on your budget and requirements.

2>Train and educate your people for using FTP/SFTP tools. Because there is no File Manager.

3> The platform is organized differently from many hosts, so spend some time understanding all the options, and educating others in your team if required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefits are unparalleled performance for this budget. Also, all plans support multi-domain hosting. It is impossible to get high-quality multi-domain hosting at this price.

Using Cloudways, I find it easy to optimize the site for performance. Typically my site will load under one second. With further optimization, it may load even faster. The Cache plugin Breeze provided by Cloudways is very useful in these optimizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a designer, I don't have all the skillset and knowledge of running a dedicated server and with Cloudways it's really easy to set this up. their very good support and extensive guide pages help me trough managing some heavy-duty websites and optimize them to become faster. creating a new server is easy just a few clicks away and your set. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much actually it is a very good system for me. However, I miss the function to bill my clients for the servers directly from my own control panel hope this feature will be added in the future! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to have a faster loading time for a heavy-duty website or a WordPress website with a lot of plugins go for this one! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem of running a dedicated server has never been this easy and managing multiple applications on it is really easy. also, the management of SSL certificates is quite easy. I often use Cloudways too for development purposes with the tools they provide its really handy to migrate and change your server on the fly, this saves a lot of time! The best was when i had a problem late in the evening the support was still active to help out that saved me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use, fast hosting, i add my slowest website in cloudways and it load so fast plus alot of cool features, that you can't find in other cloud hosting services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to setup an email service, that what i don't like, i hope they have an easy email Integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well i user hostgator and hostinger was they're good but really slow, i used siteground too ot was good but still not feel like i got the right hosting service, when i moved to cloudways i was impressed by the easy to use Dashboard and the speed and many cool addons like free ssl, staging, cloning, easy wordpress installation... etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I hade a problem about mysql, i solved it, thanks to cloudways support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consultor de marketing
What do you like best?

I love the way hundreds of websites can be managed, the speed, scalability and ease of configuration; They also add functionalities that users need to improve the administration and configuration of the sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like them to add UPCloud

Also the prices are a bit high for instances greater than 2 Gb, when you need a cloud with 4 Gb of Ram the cost of administration increases to scale, for example: The cost of the 1 Gb instance buying direct without administration is 5 USD, using Cloudways the cost is 10 USD (okay, it is 5 USD extra for the excellent administration) when you need to scale to 2 Gb the administration cost is 12 USD, for 4 Gb it is 22 USD, for 8 Gb it is 40 USD, for 16 Gb is 55 USD ... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use cloudways when a website is slow in shared hosting, if the shared hosting tells you that you need to use VPS for the project, the cost is lower in Cloudways Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

centralize the management of all customer sites in one place without the need for resellers with individual accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.