Kayako

Kayako is effortless email, live chat, and knowledge base software that helps teams be more productive and build customer loyalty.

Work for Kayako?

Learning about Kayako?

Kayako Reviews

Ask Kayako a Question
Showing 188 Kayako reviews
Kayako review by Thian Z.
Thian Z.

"Lo mejor de kayako!"

What do you like best?

Realmente me encanta Kayako ya que tiene funciones muy específicas que son muy útiles para nuestra organización, una de las mejores características del kayako es su tiempo de reacción, por lo que ofrece una excelente experiencia.

Kayako también nos ha permitido utilizar nuestro correo electrónico y redes sociales al mismo tiempo. Simplemente Kayako es uno de mis servicios de ayuda favoritos, porque es único y fácil de usar.

What do you dislike?

Una de las cosas que me gustaría que Kayako prestara más atención es la aparaciencia de sus informes, porque sería una buena idea hacerlos más agradables mejorando sus gráficos, colores y otras cosas. Por otro lado Kayako funciona muy bien.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mis unicas recomendaciones es intentar utilizar este excelente programa, creanme no se arrepentiran de haberlo probado.

Creo que ya he mencionado todos los beneficios que hemos obtenido de este excelente software, pero solo puedo decir que mientras usamos este producto, tanto nuestra empresa como nuestros clientes se sienten tranquilos y seguros.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Kayako
Kayako review by Kristin D.
Kristin D.

"Strong Customer Support Management solution"

What do you like best?

One of the things I love about Kayako is its features. Kayako has plenty of way to help customers in an unique way because of its organized platform and workflows. Also, it's really easy to use so training won't be a problem. Its intuitiveness allows every kind of users handle this tool, from beginners to experts.

What do you dislike?

It's not so easy to integrate Kayako with another tools or even customize it according to your needs. In fact, is not simple at all and Kayako doesn't offer a lot of strong support in this area if you're not paying the most expensive plan. So this tool couldn't be a must have for small companies because of its price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not the easiest software to manage Customer Support but is one of the best to do it according to company needs. Doesn't require complex training or knowledge to use it because it's user-friendly and intuitive so that's a plus.

We use Kayako to build and maintain our Customer Service Support because it offers features that allow us to have control over each client conversation and classify it according to our needs to analyze and process.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Kayako review by Jesus V.
Jesus V.

"Excellent UI, could be better thatn it is"

What do you like best?

I love the UI and functionality of the platform. I love the Apps it provides for iOS and Android, It make it easier for our team to provide support.

Managing cases is very intuitive and easy, it keeps all conversations in place. Nothing ever gets lost.

Love chat window is very responsive, it has a great design and though it lacks customization features for widget placement it still looks great. Automated responses makes it very easy to provide answers for commonly asked questions.

What do you dislike?

I've had Kayako for over 10 years. Support has been a downside for most of the time. I can say it has improved over the past year.

I believe Kayako lacks many features compared to their competitors. Many have been added but they're running at a very slow pace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to competitors, I believe Kayako has the best UX. That is what keeps me using Kayako. Consider that compared to it's big competitors, such as ZenDesk, it has way less features.

I'm using Kayako for sales, support and customer care.

As a Logistics company, we use Kayako for online sales, interacting with possible customers.

On the support side, we use the helpdesk for our customers to query FAQ's and provide tutorials for other platforms that are already integrated in our company. We also use it to follow up customer satisfaction surveys regarding our service. All of this help us manage time in a more efficient way.

Kayako review by Donnie S.
Donnie S.

"Solid, No-Frills Customer Support Suite"

What do you like best?

Kayako offers all of the fundamentals of a customer support channel as well as some awesome features. Custom domains, email forwarding, chat based support, knowledge base and help center, it's all there. Macros and rules make sorting and organizing workflows easy, and the collaborator seats are great for users who just need to be able to see customer cases. Some other systems have so many features it's overwhelming. For a small to medium sized business, Kayako is perfect for managing customer support without any of the background noise.

What do you dislike?

Things like user management aren't very intuitive, and the settings and configuration in general are difficult to understand. The help articles on using Kayako have some major gaps, and when I've asked for help from Kayako support, I've had to wait for more than a day for a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako is an excellent, basic customer support suite that offers all the basics for a no-frills support channel. If you need advanced functionality or robust custom fields, this may not be the best product for your business.

We needed a solution that offered customer support channels and a knowledge base that could be connected to our platform with SSO. Kayako was able to offer this to us and get us up and running on SSO within a week.

Kayako review by James G.
James G.

"Easy to use knowledgebase"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how easy it was to set up the backbone of our knowledgebase. There was no coding required, article adding and editing was a breeze, and it took little to no effort to make it look good.

What do you dislike?

The support and live chat features are a little lacking. It would be nice if there was more ability to customize the live chat window and insert html more easily. Kayako could also do a better job of providing more advanced support for custom projects, especially when it comes to the chat function or html.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The main beneift of this product for us is the knowledgebase. It is great to set up , and out of the box looks serviceable. We have yet to add css for more customization on the style, but from the small sample size that seems easy enough. The live chat is a nice feature, but is not very customizable and companies like hubspot are miles ahead on that type of feature. If what you are looking for is a nice knowledgebase platform and are not too bothered about the support and chat platforms then this is the product for you. If you want to get into advanced chat and automation features you can find a better product.

We use kayako for our self service portal. Most notably it houses our getting started guide which is used by all of our new customers

Kayako review by Kosta B.
Kosta B.

"Comfortable CRM and Help Desk platform for product company"

What do you like best?

Very good price for the features you use, nice design for live chat widget, easy navigation through administrator section, grouping users by companies (according to email domain), and of course API.

What do you dislike?

If you requested a feature or reported a bug, it can take a lot of time to be done. Some very comfortable and easy automation are available only for the most expensive plan. Not a lot of SEO features available for Help Desk platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something not too difficult, Kayako is a good choice.

We are using Kayako as the main tool for our Customer Support and Success Teams (emails, social networks and live chat are 100% covered by Kayako CRM). Our FAQ and User Guides are completely written on the Kayako Help Desk platform. It saves a lot of time when you don't want to develop your own section.

Kayako review by Brian P.
Brian P.

"this is my experience with this awesome product!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Kayako for years to improve our income and our organization. The best of Kayak has been its security system and its optimal performance to perform tasks in real time, unifying different platforms in one. Kayako is very efficient in terms of his "help desk" skills

What do you dislike?

I think there are few things to modify the kayako system, but it would be good to improve the interaction of our users and our customers. Kayako should also offer better prices for their licenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako is an excellent product to use, so I suggest you try this software!

The benefits are evident in our annual revenues using this incredible "Kayako" software, which has allowed us to improve communication between our users and our customers by offering a quality service.

Kayako review by Rolf M.
Rolf M.

"Wonderful and easy."

What do you like best?

I like that I can stay in the loop and know when somebody else in my working team has updated a conversation. Very simple I can bring all our client's cooperation and activities together in one place and, give our working team the opportunity to deliver individual, contextual assistance.

What do you dislike?

I'm working with this software and till now I don't see any problems with this product. My work is going fast and never had any delays and harm in the working process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say that by using this platform you can save your time. Also, you can easily speed up and supply more proactive client service by connecting with this software to hundreds of apps and tools to make the better of each interaction. Nice product and very useful.

We can better control all our client dialog with a shared team inbox. Also, we as a most likely classify email conversations for fast processing, link, and analytics.

Kayako review by Lisa M.
Lisa M.

"Kayako is the best CRM software out there!"

What do you like best?

This amazing software is actually one of the best CRMs out there. Provides to its users the ability of communicating with clients and managerial roles at the same time by applying an intranet unallocated cloud service (for companies) with the Internet (for everyone). Also, allow users to customize the client to the final end that they want for attending clients and chat between colleagues, peers and managerial people as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes system just went down and takes certain amount of time to getting back from the bug or freeze issue that took lot of time and make peers and colleagues lose precious time. Besides that, the pricing is also pretty expensive for what actually offers, and in other words this software provides what actually offers to all the clients out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best asset for ticket tracking, ticket assignation and everything related to ticket and customer service for either clients or third-party providers as well and that has been really helpful for our company.

Highly recommended tool for those who are looking forward to take the customer service invoice and ticketing to the next level. Kayako delivers nothing but the best and reliable service that they say they will deliver to its clients.

Kayako review by David N.
David N.

"This is my experience using Kayako!"

What do you like best?

I think one of the most outstanding features of this Kayayo platform is its versatility to join conversations from different sources, such as email and social networks. In addition, the user interface offered by Kayako is very easy to understand and use, since it has a complete set of tools that facilitate the execution of the work.

Kayako is a very fast, easy, productive and comfortable platform to be used by any company.

What do you dislike?

Kayako seems to me an excellent software, I do not have bad experiences with it, but nevertheless I would like to offer my opinion about its technical support, because it needs to improve its response time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably my only suggestion for anyone who wants to try to prove Kayako's usefulness is to try it! and then provide the opinion of your experience

Our company has obtained benefits from Kayako because it has helped us in different ways, one of them was to provide the company with a better service for potential customers within our company, so we have opted for a better job performance, such as have better financial benefits of the company

Kayako review by Robert C.
Robert C.

""Kayako Review""

What do you like best?

Kayako is a dependable help work area programming that each advanced association needs on the grounds that the apparatus is efficient and accommodating. Kayako causes us perceive our clients by offering them brilliant client care administrations. This specialized device is likewise reasonable. I will stay with Kayako in light of the fact that the help group is dependably on our side.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing we dislike about tool so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako is a decent help work area answer for some planned client. I can advocate for this instrument since I am almost certain that it is reasonable and quick for live talking. It will assist the prospects with satisfying their clients.

Kayako is the fundamental ticketing framework to oversee client demands and requests. It follows along and a record of client's reuqests dependent on the email address they use to get in touch with us. It additionally show data of the specifc URL the customer uses to get in touch with us. This enables monitor affirmed/denied demands, history of yearly memberships and the operators the customer has been in contact with before.

Kayako review by User

"Great tool for beginners!"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Kayako is its intuitiveness. I didn't require more than basic training to start using it properly, even taking advantage about every single one of its multiple features. Workflow is easy and it's great to build support channels according to our basic business needs.

What do you dislike?

Isn't something I trully dislike, but I can tell that this is a basic tool without having some of the biggest or hardest features to build an entire support team. Mostly, is just a solution to business which needs are basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The main piece of advice that I can give to all users that are looking a software of this kind is: don't be afraid. Using Kayako you can build a proper Customer Support system that will work perfectly if you're a small or mid size company.

Its main benefit for our company is that we were able to create a Customer Support platfmor effortlessly without having to use our own site. Also, it's perfect if you want to classify emails and analytics.

Kayako review by Consultant

"Reliable CRM solution!"

What do you like best?

Kayako is a great communication tool, provides an excellent app navigator through its functions and live chat is pretty reliable. Messages sent and received with no delays are the proof of its reliability, Also, all the features that you set for the software are separated with the right amount of things around.

What do you dislike?

For reporting bugs or glitches happening, tech support and live support would take a while in order to process them or to be done. And full automation of things, the price is a little bit expensive for what actualy offers. In other words, this software do the job with some bugs but nothign to worry about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako is the proper tool for saving time and efforts with organizing emails, messages and monitoring dialogs and logs from third party clients, direct clients and departments through the company. Also, this software will make you more proactive to do more things with Kayako. Highly recommended for proactive companies.

With Kayako we as a consolidated business are able to control, manage, monitor and check how clients are doing their dialogs with our shared team box and also we are able to control, organize and split emails that are sent or received through our servers and then.

Kayako review by Albert L.
Albert L.

"Great value for investment!!"

What do you like best?

I like that Kayako offers plenty of features that save us time. Our SLA warnings ensure our agents don’t forget to update tickets when they get busy. The app offers hundreds of out of the box reports which give metrics for almost everything. The product is very flexible, which means we haven’t fully explored all the features yet, but the app works smoothly and we are looking forward to improving our experience as we learn more about the system.!

What do you dislike?

I have no major complaints. My only small wish is that the vendor releases updates more quickly. This is because they continue to add amazing improvements to the app and I would like to have quick access to these developments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great software for managing and tracking customer support.!

I highly recommend it!

We needed an app to manage our internal support and we needed to understand where our agents spent most of their time on, i.e., which users and departments are taking up most of their time. Kayako fulfills our needs admirably.!

Kayako review by Christian M.
Christian M.

"Fast and Comprehensive Tool"

What do you like best?

The ticket system allows for focus on task and customer communication. In addition to all the general needed options like canned responses, contact and company details it also sponsors a great Knowledgebase, Live Chat and SLA platform. The best part howvere is the Reporting engine that allows to maintain records and provides insights in all aspects of the conversations (tickets). The top portion is the customer satisfaction system, which allows for easy feedback gathering on quantitative and qualitative measures.

What do you dislike?

Rule processing is great, but lacks a few items I wish I could use to the better. For example a SQL like interface to connect criterias from various tables would benefit the rul engine. In some cases the filter is limited in such a sense that "not equal" terms need to be used to create meangful filter structures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Classic version is great!

Technical Support conversations with customers and partners, Knowledge article creation and display on external website, reporting analysis and live chat. Gathering customer satisfaction feedback in numbers and qualitative.

Kayako review by Amani I.
Amani I.

"Kayako - Helpdesk that can evolve"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I am able to organize and keep track of the tickets I need to attend using many subfolders under my main folder.

What do you dislike?

We cannot keep track of the tickets that we have moved around, or assigned to other departments unless we note down the ticket IDs manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Kayako for emails, yes it is a great tool to keep track on communication but has its drawbacks when you compare to it to features and flexibility on emails.

We use Kayako for all internal and client communication in our company. Generating tickets for all communication has helped me keep track of what happens to certain tasks I assign. However, there is a constraint here. Once the ticket is moved to a different department, unless or otherwise I had noted down the ticket ID or check back using a report, I wouldn't know the tickets that were generated by me. This is an additional work.

Kayako emails don't allow us to draw tables, insert images or any graphic within the email which is also a drawback. We cannot change the font or format of the text. Unless we ourselves quote the previous emails, Kayako emails don't naturally show the thread to the recipient which also is a hassle for the recipients to trace back the communication.

The reports feature is something that is very helpful on Kayako. Being able to create as many custom reports you want and also being able to schedule them makes work easier. It would be best if Kayako can integrate a filter option on these reports so we can choose what we want to see.

Being able to add users, organizations and then assigning specific comments to them also eases the transfer and continuous reminding of specific notes from our clients.

Kayako review by Florene E.
Florene E.

"So comfortable program"

What do you like best?

Kayako is a modern and comfortable program for communicating with the client in real time wherever we are. Thanks to this program, our company quickly, and without unnecessary effort, informs our clients with useful information for effective cooperation. The Kayako program is simple in use and with clear settings.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to contact with the support of this program, but we do this not often because Kayako works clearly and without problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is much easier and faster than the live chat. If you are a modern company and want to be more productive and increase customer loyalty, this program is for you.

Kayako presents a wonderful opportunity to abstain from our customers. Notification them of important information wherever they are. Communication within the company has become much more productive.

Kayako review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Improved how our non-profit helps the public beyond expectations"

What do you like best?

- Being in Canada, we love that they have a download version that's still supported so we can keep personal information in Canada (a must for us)

- Before Kayako we just used email and it was messy and there were long delays and little accountability. We love that you can assign, track, have different queues, and the SLA timers keep our 'agents' responsive. And the Knowledge Base is so helpful too along with the auto-satisfaction-survey function

- We liked that we got to use the software for free (no support, up to 5 agents) as a charity.

What do you dislike?

- To customize the reports needs a bit more of a programming head sometimes than I'd like

- Some of the Admin features are not intuitive (and there are a lot of menus)... I have to really hunt to find something to turn it on or off

- And there are a few buggy things but on balance they're not huge

- We help answer information requests or requests for help (but for a health problem or a larger system, not necessarily our products/services) so Kayako has increased job satisfaction and reduced stress for the primary coordinator and has improved consistency of responses and speed. Before Kayako, I'd say maybe 50% of our answers went out in the timeframe we said. Now it's well over 90%.

"Straight-forward tool."

What do you like best?

This is a very user friendly friendly software. It's easy to get use to and very flexible in terms of allowing customization. The Macro creation feature is very useful and works perfectly in the Web-based software. The stock responses features for the desktop application is usefull as well. This ticketing system tool makes customer support very organized and allows for a more effective ticket processing.

What do you dislike?

When the system crashes for no apparent reason it can be frustrating, specially when working on time-sensitive requests. Sometimes, having to pull up the history of tickets submitted by a specific user can be very time consuming. The search tool is slow and it could allow for more customization features, like sorting by date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use.

Kayako is the main ticketing system to manage customer requests and orders. It keeps track and a record of user's reuqests based on the email address they use to contact us. It also display information of the specifc URL the client uses to contact us. This helps keep track of approved/denied requests, history of yearly subscriptions and the agents the client has been in touch with in the past.

Kayako review by Gabriel K.
Gabriel K.

"Kayako as support tracking system"

What do you like best?

It's very well organized by setting my tickets and also by folder and type. Also the levels setup are displayed on the left list showing you if the tickets are being processed or stuck or in another level.

I also saw that is a good tool to keep tracking on each participant and retrieve measurements over the SLA assigned.

What do you dislike?

Some times images sent by mail are not loaded in the ticket itself, so you have to go to the mail to check that images. But I guess that is a configuration problem from our tool.

I also dont like the search tool because it retrieves a lot of non filtered information that might be confuse and messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a ticket system to track clients support request is a good tool.

Direct client support and tracking system over tickets.

Kayako review by Eege K.
Eege K.

"I wish everybody used Kayako"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the software - webhooks, adjusting virtually any field. Where other software forces me to shape my business process around the system, with Kayako I can shape the system to fit my process. Don't need a part of the software? Don't use it! Need an extra field? Just add it! We integrated Kayako with our Slack channel and our finance system. It took a bit of figuring out, but the Kayako API is well documented and now we have the majority of our administrative work automated!

What do you dislike?

The program has some bugs and quirks. These do not hinder the day to day use of the software, but do require contacting support to get worked out. Support always gets them fixed, there is no doubt about their knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop thinking in customer ticket system and start thinking in customer experience - use in Kayako!

Consolidated system for our agents, collaborators, customer portal and most importantly an awesome chat module that allows us to respond even quicker. Customer satisfaction went up by 12% since switching to Kayako. My experts in the field do not have to open their laptop to work with a ticket, instead they use the smartphone app to provide quick updates. When they are in a real hurry then can even use the macro's we defined together to provide status updates in seconds. No more emailing between the team to get info across. Administrative work of my employees went from 3 hours/month to just 0.5.

Kayako review by Vanda W.
Vanda W.

"Great solution at work"

What do you like best?

Very good that now i have everything in right place. My work team is more organized and their works higher now. Great connection online so to have live chat is much better and with no problem.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad and big issue. I like that software.good organized work. I see that it really works very good for my work. Good support service and very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm working with this software. And I found that it's very easy to use. Simple set up. We are all happy to work every day with Kayako. I recommend it to you.

That program helps us to be more organized. We can control our staff. Also, we are trying to make our important things on the top level and be sure that they are will be in right place.

Kayako review by Joey S.
Joey S.

"Kayako Classic"

What do you like best?

Kayak Classic customer since 2010. Pricing is great, functionality, customization, ease of access, customer loyalty, customer service, etc are all top notch. 100% uptime, virtually zero downtime, and hosting our own HelpDesk online on our own server are mission critical features for our business. We are really looking forward to upgrading to the newest build and using some features that we have not yet had access to

What do you dislike?

Very little, if anything at all. Nothing comes to mind other than when Kayako Classic became EOL and was moving to SaaS. Within a short amount of time the user community spoke out and that decision was reversed. Kayako came up with a cost-effective annual plan that allowed us to continue using Classic on our own servers and for Kayako to continue supporting Classic. This is a prime example of a large company listening to and responding positively to customer input and requests. I guess even though this section if for what I dislike I flipped it, we love Kayako even more with the continued commitment to customer needs and requests

Our technicians are in the field daily, so having online HelpDesk access at 100's of workstations/servers all over So Cal improves our overall efficiency daily. Extending to our customers the option of creating their own support tickets via a web browser or email further lends to our customer service, credibility, profitability and productivity. We are looking forward to testing and implementing new features that we know will enhance our customers ease of access, positive user experience and continue to exhibit to our customers our continued commitment to newer and emerging technologies that makes our voiceless communication even more efficient and seamless

Kayako review by Gert W.
Gert W.

"An outstandingly helpful tool to administer our clients' request"

What do you like best?

The fact that users can open support tickets by email and still review their tickets online in their account has contributed a lot to a very good acceptance of the helpdesk.

What do you dislike?

I'd find it helpful if it were possible to include screenshots directly into the text (as HTML). It's a bit cumbersome that we have to send them as attachments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are stuck at any point, don't hesitate to contact their support (both email and chat), they are very responsive, and very helpful.

Kayako allows us to track a large variety of different requests, and work on them as a team by simply changing the ticket "owner". It's very helpful that customers can be grouped according to the organization to which they belong, and each user may (or may not) see tickerrs from all other users from that organization. The big benefit is that it's easy to keep relevant people in the loop, without the need of sending emails to each and everyone.

Kayako review by Temur D.
Temur D.

"Kayako Desktop for Live Chats"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of the software makes it very appealing. Additionally, you can create template responses when replying to customers issues. We deal with customers from around the world in various languages and never had issues with alphabets in Chinese or Russian languages. It also allows you to initiate conversation with customers and look up their location to better serve them.

What do you dislike?

So far there were no issues whatsoever with the software usage.

Technical problems with software purchase, download, activation, installation or uninstallation. At times, customers would contact us for refund issues or when they want to learn about the software before making a purchase online.

Kayako review by Cory B.
Cory B.

"Kayako Help Desk Review"

What do you like best?

The price point has been great for our company as a non-profit. The set up was smooth and easy and adding additional users to the system is easy. Also, our customers have been able to easily get logged in and create tickets which is a great plus. The live chat is a great feature so you do not necessarily have to get on a call with the customer to troubleshoot. Also, there is a screen sharing feature that we used in the beginning to be able to see the user's computer in real time.

What do you dislike?

The customer service has left something to be desired when dealing with their representatives. Trying to get someone on the phone was incredibly difficult. When it came time to renew our subscription, I tried online and was told to call the 800 number. Then I called the number and was told that I need to complete this request online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price point is terrific but the customer service has not always been the best. When there have been issues there was always a delay in getting things resolved. As long as there are no problems, this is a great product for the price.

Prior to Kayako we had no help desk capability in place. Now we are able to process password resets and accounts being locked completely online. As we are in healthcare technology, I know that is important for our customers because they do not always have time to make phone calls.

Kayako review by Francisco C.
Francisco C.

"the best online support service"

What do you like best?

currently Kayako is the unified customer service platform, which for a customer support company with many demands is essential, to help companies manage customer requests and conversations on any channel, and follow-ups, the system is very complete with chat, email service

What do you dislike?

I have nothing I did not like during the period of use, just need to improve the premium price

Recommendations to others considering the product

for those who need a complete customer support platform with registration of calls, by email, and chats, reports very complete by various support channels, today we recommend a lot

Our use, we currently work with support to our customers through Kayako, making openings and registration of calls, support via chat, and email accompanied every support process our customers need

Kayako review by Dorice F.
Dorice F.

"Kayako it's great to have it"

What do you like best?

What is I like more that everything in one place, a happy team, that programm can support me and customers wherever they are or I am. A human live chat experience, even when im not online it's the best what can be.

What do you dislike?

I don't have nothing to say as i don't see any big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As for me, easy to install and maintain. Also it's easy to use. And in the end customers love it simply Software you can get, I recommend it to who ask me for one.

Kayako helps us to organise our staff, and start putting our resources where they were needed. The management is fantastic and build nested levels of support to ensure we know .

Kayako review by Anjonez A.
Anjonez A.

"Kayako review"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the webmail. I like the speed of being able to setup multiple inboxes to account for multiple sales channels

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the platform handles attachments. Sometimes they go through, and sometimes they don't despite having a limit set to accommodate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Kayako especially to a company that has multiple sales channels. I would make sure that you have staff available to address inquiries based on your SLA and also take advantage of the autoresponders as needed.

Streamlining inquiries across multiple sales channels. Time savings due to consolidation.

Kayako review by Elise C.
Elise C.

"I probably don't use most features of Kayako. It works for certain things but it's very quirky."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Kayako is the ease of keeping track of tickets with customers. The Macros feature (allows you to save certain responses) is also really nice and convenient when replying to customers because typically, they will ask the same questions very often.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the web app does weird stuff all the time. Frequently, when trying to view tickets, I have to log in multiple times and it will tell me wrong username/password until I manually change the URL to shorten it and then navigate back to the web page that holds the tickets. Also, our customers tell us often that they did not receive our emails This could very well be the customer just not seeing the email, but I have to wonder when our customers tell us this nearly every day.

Another thing that is odd: every now and then instead of showing my name as logged in at the top right corner, it will show my co-worker's names! If I refresh, it might say another co-worker's name. I have no idea how this is happening or why.

Customers email my company for support and Kayako makes it easy to sort tickets by Open, In Progress, Pending Response, or Closed. It's easy to see at a glance if there are any tickets open.

Kayako review by David T.
David T.

"Great for customer service desk"

What do you like best?

Macros help to speed up response times, and SLA helps to keep replies and resolutions on track. The software is easy to learn and use. The interface is friendly.

What do you dislike?

Mostly the service is very reliable, sometimes there is a bit of a delay before responses come through on the iOS app.

Not all of the administration sections in the dashboard are self explanatory, however Kayako has useful help documentation, and if you contact their support they are quick to help you work out what you need.

Kayako helps to keep track of incoming support requests, and helps to manage communications far better than by email. It speeds up some customer notification emails and includes workflows that automatically tag and assign.

Kayako review by Deb M.
Deb M.

"Kayako ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

Love the way that Kayako presents information and allows us to assign and manage our customer requests. All department use Kayako and we manage requests and activities across multiple departments.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a little difficult but we are migrating to their cloud platform and are looking forward to more robust reporting and analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The folks at Kayako are extremely easy to work with. We find that if we come up with something that isn't working quite right, they are very interested in getting it added to the software.

We are getting our issue solved by being able to use a flexible ticketing platform in order to move issues and request throughout out organization regardless of area of responsibility.

Kayako review by Renae J.
Renae J.

"Informative Scheduling System"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create tickets to complete which keeps you accountable of things needing to be done. You can also rank the status of the responses on the tickets from good to bad.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that some of the features arent too user friendly, so it takes a few times navigating through before you get the gist of it

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good product for those needing some time of virtual scheduler to keep you accountable of tasks to be worked and to do items needing to be completed.

Kayako is valuable in keeping my business streamlined so that i can get tasks completed without forgetting to do them

Kayako review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"best economic support software"

What do you like best?

the live chat feature is very feasible, they also provides mobile app to support the live chat, so we can login from anywhere even on the road. In the case that no one is on duty, customer can leave a message and that message also becomes an email that sent to support@jinfonet.com to create a new ticket there.

What do you dislike?

The most I do dislike is the lacking of format choices for the ticket response in their UI. Everything is plain text, so most of us chose to respond the ticket outside of the application, and put Kayako's email in Cc list so it can create a record for that ticket.

We are software company, so we use Kayako as our customer support application. We use Kayako to track down for the product issues reported by the customer. The biggest benefit we have is we are able to manage customer much more easily, and with its auto-dispatcher, it saved us a lot of time of manually dispatching tickets

Kayako review by User in Financial Services

"Useful, but still lacks a lot of key automation"

What do you like best?

I like how you can edit the notes that you put on tickets. It's easy to see what tickets are in your name and it's very simple to reply to a ticket.

What do you dislike?

The search function on tickets isn't very advanced. If you don't know almost exactly what you are looking for, it is hard to filter for things. I don't really like the UI or look of the dashboard, slightly hard to navigate and get visibility into key metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a ticketing system in the beginning stages of a company with budget constraints and only want to offer basic support, this is a very simple way to go. If you are looking for more visibility and expect to have many employees use the system, I would opted for a better ticketing system.

Being able to answer tickets for our customers. It's a very basic and simple ticketing tool that we used to get us started with a help desk.

Kayako review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

Ticket Management and Knowledgebase Hub.

What do you dislike?

The reporting system in the ticketing system is not standard SQL so sometimes we have to request help from Kayako in getting a report written. But we always get a response - so not much of an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a straightforward tool with options to customize, especially the ticketing system. You also get visual results of your current tickets.

A centralized ticketing system is a big help in managing our clients requests. It helps us give better customer service to our clients. Nothing gets lost or forgotten. Tickets remain open until they are solved. We can also track the number of hours we spend per client. That's a very valuable feature for billing purposes.

Kayako review by Administrator

"Perfect first help desk for us"

What do you like best?

Went from a shared Gmail inbox to Kayako’s Inbox plan and started seeing value right off the bat. Who knew adding some organization to support emails could really make your life a whole lot easier? ;) This is our first help desk and overall I found it to be really easy to set up by myself and we hit the ground running pretty quickly. The fact that Kayako connects all of our other channels like facebook is pretty incredible.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could have collaborators on our plan… The Team plan is too much for us but we have some contributors who would be really valuable keeping “in the know” about our customer service queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Introduce collaborators to the Inbox plan!!

Ultimately we realized we were wasting time and energy sorting through cases and it was becoming more work than it was worth just to keep things straight. Since moving to Kayako we have a lot less incidents of duplicate work with our agents, and we’re finding the notes feature to be extremely beneficial.

Kayako review by Gene L.
Gene L.

"Insight to using Kayako"

What do you like best?

The knowledge base feature which allows us to quickly publish out useful information and provide the links to our clients. This reduces support time spent by our technical support team for issues with repetitive instructions which in turn boost productivity.

What do you dislike?

The report feature where sometimes we need to customize our reports but due to the syntax used we would need to check with Kayako as it is not found in the default settings.

We use Kayako for the majority of our business needs such as sales, support, feedback and more. With the benefit of a centralized system where all company users are able to login at anytime anywhere provides an un-match advantage in business continuity.

Kayako review by Administrator in Veterinary
Administrator in Veterinary

"Modern way to talk to our customers"

What do you like best?

Using Kayako for 8 months now and so far it's surpassed our expectations for what help desks can do for our team. The UI is clean and easy to understand, but the engine under the hood is pretty powerful in terms of customization. We automate a lot of what used to be manual email followups for our customers. We didn't want a clunky ticket tracker - we wanted something that will help us collaborate on customer conversations.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to import data from other systems. When we switched from an email system but we couldn't import our data (but we are assured there will be a point where we will be able to). It would be nice if there were more out of the box integrations which we understand are coming but aren't here yet. But using Zapier has been OK for what we want so far. Would like to get more out of our help center soon - right now we're working on documentation but it looks easy enough to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have two kinds of products - an older Kayako and the current one. Don't get confused between the two when searching online for docs!

We wanted to offer email, live chat and Twitter as ways to interact with our customers and do it all in one place, rather than separate apps. We were also looking for something more modern, as our online experience for our customers is very important to us.. so we didn't want any forms or a clunky live chat. We can now track everything better in one place and everyone just has one page to log in to. We also have felt a decrease in confusion around who's covering what and where we stand as a team when handling our customer convos. Overall just feels like we should've chosen a tool like this a long time ago - not sure how we survived without it at this point.

Kayako review by User

"easy to use help desk with knowledge base and live chat "

What do you like best?

We have really liked Kayako's ability to provide context. Unlike other solutions out there, Kayako gives us a complete view of every interaction a customer or prospect has had with our business. This includes interactions with agents as well as software we have integrated on our site (for example paypal). If a payment fails we know of it before a user gets in touch. And when they do we're ready with a solution. The Customer journeys and conversations feature is fantastic. Really puts customer and prospect interaction history at my teams fingertips.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see chatbot functionality added to Kayako. There are times my team is unavailable and during that time i feel a chatbot could really help direct users to resources. We are making do without it right now but i imagine such a feature would take things to the next level and make life easy for both our team and our customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a help desk that has everything you'd ever need then this is definitely the way to go.

We didn't need live chat when we bought kayako as our use case was for a ticketing system and at most a knowledge base. However, the live chat has proved to be extremely useful. I recruit for the IT industry and get a lot of candidates reaching out via live chat as opposed to email.

Supporting customers a lot better. We can handle twice as many issues with Kayako with the same number of staff

Kayako review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Longtime and very satisfied customer"

What do you like best?

Kayako is not just a great product that works perfectly, it's also supported by a great group of people that are always ready to help. They make support software and they practice one of the best supports I've encountered.

In the end it's a tool that just works, and you find yourself not even thinking about it anymore. You just use it. Every day. And you can't live without it anymore. For HostYou it's our primary communication tool with customers, and inside it we can even easily communicate with each others. Because we assign good tags to all our tickets we can look for information very easily and very fast, and thanks to the API we can even show the corresponding tickets in our own administration console that we have written ourselves in PHP.

What do you dislike?

I'm hoping to see more Social Media integration in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, like I did, and you'll find yourself being a happy customer years and years later, wondering how you ever worked without Kayako.

Kayako takes care of all our e-mail support tickets, and gives the people in the company an easy way to communicate with each other as well.

Kayako review by Mariam P.
Mariam P.

"The best story chain software "

What do you like best?

I like the most calmly and very useful interface insane of the Kayako. It gives me an opportunity to have very good communications with the customers.

What do you dislike?

To be honest there is no a reason to dislike Kayako.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Kayako to launch call support as our team and company will fully switch to Kayako. So it will give us a chance to use only Kayako.

Customer support issues, their claims and questions.

Kayako review by User

"Cost efficient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

it is very easy to set up the hosted system in kayako, app is very easy to use with just little training needed, knowledge base is very helpful, user management is good, and customers and managers can easily access tickets.

What do you dislike?

Making reports with KQL codes is very hard and a user response can even open a closed ticket so it is hard to close a ticket because someone will reply to a closed ticket and it will be open and because of this a ticket can never be closed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is very easy to use software with good user management. it saves a lot of time and make it processes quicker and faster.

we use kayako to solve IT related problems quickly and for customer support. This helps in fast execution of processes.

Kayako review by Rodrigo C.
Rodrigo C.

"Easy Support system"

What do you like best?

Keep track of conversations in one windows. One our main support page (web hosted system) customer can chat, search the knowledge base or just open a support ticket. Agents get a notifications almost immediately.

What do you dislike?

They way to add a new license require a lot of steps, not allow directly on system. You have to contact kayako support and go under a really slow process. We had enterprise edition and during the change to this new system we lost a lot of features.

Contact with customers. Customer can see knowledge base, chat or open a support ticket in one windows.

Kayako review by Baptiste R.
Baptiste R.

"A very nice experience with Kayako"

What do you like best?

The constant updates (once a week)

The tips they give us (cools tips to handle your customer service)

Their support is always available

Very to collaborate with colleagues

Useful stats

What do you dislike?

A lack of stability (very rare)

It's not really fluid

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of updates

A lot of content on their website to help you to have a better support

It's very easy to work will your colleagues, you can share a case to any of your colleague easily,

When the customers are happy, they are willing to pay and to buy again in our company

Kayako review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"Kayako Help "

What do you like best?

Kayako is a good value for our company, being as we are not a huge company. Kayako was easy to implement among the department and our staff was able to quickly learn the program and integrate into their work.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is definitely not the best in the business. I have had a hard time getting in contact with someone at Kayako in order to fix issues and get help when I needed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Kayako to others that need to implement a Help Desk system into their business. Kayako is a good way to have access to help customer accounts.

Before we made the switch to Kayako we were not able to process customer account fixes as easily.. Now we are able to process password resets and account issues completely online, and our customers very much appreciate not having to make the phone call.

Kayako review by Patricia G.
Patricia G.

"Kayako has given our Help Desk a great resource for managing and tracking the support we provide. "

What do you like best?

The knowledgebase has proven to be a valuable resource to our staff for support reference, as well as a great tool for our end users to be self-supporting with solving their own issues. Having the ability to assign tickets to specific people on our Help Desk team has been key in keeping us on task with providing great support, as well as project management. And being able to see a ticket history of each end user, or run reports on key support trends helps us to find patterns in our user's support needs, and in turn be able to provide training in specific areas where the users are lacking knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The search feature needs improvement. We find that sometimes the items in the knowledgebase aren't indexed very well to be able to search for specific key words. And the reporting feature needs work. The KQL language is hard to understand. If it was more like SQL it would be better understood how to create custom reports.

We use Kayako to solve computer and software issues for our end users. The benefits obtained by using Kayako allow us to track and monitor support trends and identify weaknesses, vulnerabilities, or issues in the computing services that we provide for our end users.

Kayako review by iñaki l.
iñaki l.

"Summary of the support center"

What do you like best?

I like the Knowledgebase. I think is a very good tool for the customer.

It's a sheer joy to be able to create fresh content and assist my customers and agents from anywhere, anytime.

What do you dislike?

Automatic AD sync would be useful as at the moment using csv import

Would like better reporting features and the ability to assign tickets to multiple users at a time, not individually

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Problems with e-mail: Kayako solved it after 3 days

Problems with Knowledgebase and groups: Kayako don't give us a solution

Kayako review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"Limited tool, thats easy to use but, difficult to get what you want out of it"

What do you like best?

The UI is bright and pretty. Aside from that theres a lot to displike. I did like how easy the login was, didnt need a secure password and the tool in general didnt go down very much so pretty stable platform .

What do you dislike?

The search functions poor, you cant use search for case numbers. You would need to do an advanced search and then enter it in a specific box. If you added a space it would not work.

The search box in general had issues with no clearing itself. If you entered a random character by mistake. Tried to delete it then click on a different menu on that scree, Say a group of tickets on the left nav bar. The list automatically filtered by the letter you deleted a moment ago.

Theres NO HTML, Viewing attachments is a nightmare. They all must be downloaded and it breaks up certain attachments if you had a screen capture with a circle around something. It gives you a screen capture and then a image of a circle. Very useless. ALso any stupid little icon someone has on their signature gets added as an attachment.

its difficult to not share information to the customer when replying internally on the ticket. We had lots of issues AM would reply to me and the customer saw the response. Everyone hated using the dedicated support web form so people just sent in tickets via email. Which is more work for the support staff. Just to name a few things. Reporting lacks usability and must be hard coded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Salesforce service cloud instead. This doesn't talk to any other application and when you have multiple departments looking into support issues for renewals, enhancements, new sales opps its painful. Also the reporting is horrible. The configuration took a very long time as well. You need to pay for updates on the tool which is a large drawback as upgrading was a large undertaking.

we need a portal for our support teams to track and follow up with submitted tickets of customers. We had almost zero customer adoption over the few years we had the toon. No one wanted a seperate login for that said (no SSO) and all our reponses where sent via email because no customer wanted to login to the tool and view our responses.

WHich would have been good because before you enter a ticket via the web form your brought to a semi useful help knowledge base that suggest solutions to your ticket. But it didnt work very well and is probably why no one bothered to log into the application.

Kayako review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"Enables Us to Offer Incredible Customer Services"

What do you like best?

Managing customers and offering the world'class services requires a great tool like Kayako.

Kayako is customer-friendly.

Choosing Kayako was the best decision for us because allows us to treat customers professionally.

Managing and setting up Kayako is easy.

What do you dislike?

No downsides accompanied with Kayako because the tool is exceptional.

Too many merits that outshines the demirits

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kayako is recommendable to all because it is not expensive.

For professional customer self-service, Kayako is the best.

The tool is not expensive.

Kayako's support team is responsive.

Learn more about Kayako

Kayako Videos

Learning about Kayako?

* We monitor all Kayako reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.