Handbid

Handbid

4.8

Handbid is automated mobile silent auction software designed to help manage revenue, bid activity, and auction ROI.

Work for Handbid?

Learning about Handbid?

Handbid Reviews

Ask Handbid a Question
Showing 60 Handbid reviews
Handbid review by Dana B.
Dana B.

"Outstanding Teamwork and Over the Top Communication!"

What do you like best?

The efficiency of our Handbid team is incredible and each year (3 now) just gets better and better.! Our event lasts a week that is filled with 4 nights of silent and 2 live auction productions; Jeff, Diana, Seth and David make it seamless for our team. From creating the interesting packages, to driving the marketing strategy that appeals to our guests our goal is to maximize the amount of bids and keep it fresh after 5 years. Our Handbid team makes live auction very easy for us to create a great plan with the auctioneer and access our total revenue and the transition from the winner to Handbid to fulfillment is very easy for us to manage. Post auction pick up is seamless and every year it gets easier and easier. Diana's communication pre-during and post makes us all feel at ease with any questions we may have. Keep up the fantastic work!!

What do you dislike?

Each year we become stronger as a team with our auction and Handbid helps us stay on track during an extremely busy time of year. When ever we have a opportunity to do something to improve on the event they jump in with ideas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Handbid team truly makes the difference! Reporting and the easy access makes the experience very smooth.

Driving guests to register is always a challenge. Every year we are more strategic as to how we create a reason why they should register and more touch-points to engage the guests.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Handbid
Handbid review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Streamlines the silent auction closeout process"

What do you like best?

As an auction manager, I like how easy it is to close out an auction and collect payments. I like being able to quickly see statistics from our auction and all past auctions in one place.

As a bidder, I like being able to see what each item is at, and bid from my table without getting up!

I do enjoy that Handbid is constantly adding new features to improve their product.

What do you dislike?

I have wished there was a way to see what amount each item is at just by walking around and browsing the items. It would be tough, but it could work if each item had a little tiny screen that would update with the current amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended this product to others. I think it is a worthwhile investment.

Our club has used Handbid for the past 4 years. The silent auction closeout process has been streamlined and our buyers are happy with the quick check-out process. It's exciting to see our overall revenue from the auctions climb during and even BEFORE an event. It's quite fun to open up the auction a few days early and see we've already earned a couple thousand in revenue even before the main event starts. It gets bidders excited to preview the items ahead of time.

What Nonprofit Auction solution do you use?

Handbid review by Darlene K.
Darlene K.

"Give It A Try!"

What do you like best?

I've been using Handbid for about 3 years now. It's user friendly, there are lots of videos to assist, customer support is really great, and the software is priced right. We have an annual Gala and we use Handbid for ticket sales, table assignments, registering/checking in guests, bidding on silent auction items, bidding on live auction items including live ask items, and checking out guests. Our guests really like bidding on auction items using the Handbid app or accessing our auction online. We also make ipads available to those without smartphones at our event so everyone can participate. It really makes the event fun and exciting!

What do you dislike?

They've made a lot of improvements to check in guests from the registered list so this process is easier to understand and implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are still researching which software to use, contact Customer Support and participate in a demo so you can get a feel for what Handbid offers. You don't need to be a computer expert to use this however, for an additional cost, they will provide staff to handle it for you if that is what you need.

This has streamlined all the components of hosting an event such as a Gala with 200+ guests, into one comprehensive system. There are several out there but as a nonprofit, I really feel like Handbid provides pricing that is realistic and won't break the bank yet accomplishes all that you need to without sacrificing the quality.

Handbid review by Timothy G.
Timothy G.

"Next Level"

What do you like best?

The software is very user friendly! Someone without a lot of background knowledge in technology can use it. I also love the customer service. Always treated like the most important customer. Having the ability to have someone on site for the first event provided me comfort because change is never easy. Since I'm a one man operation, that support staff helps me tremendously.

What do you dislike?

Haven't really found anything to dislike yet. They are always looking to improve and like suggestions. If something goes wrong, it is fixed immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's amazing. The Handbid guide helps answer any questions you have about the product, and even if you can't find it on there, the response team is quick and answers any questions quickly. They also offer on site support for your event which I highly recommend for at least your first year.

Getting our auction to the world has been very beneficial. Prior to Handbid, we averages around 30k at our fundraiser. Now, we are averaging over 100k! People at the event like it a lot better than having to always leave the entertainment to check on the items as well!

Handbid review by Liz S.
Liz S.

"Handbid is the One"

What do you like best?

After 10 years of presenting charity auctions, we FINALLY found Handbid. For a decade we operated our charity auctions with paper bid sheets and just last year we decided it was time to go online. Unfortunately, we chose a platform that was web based and the outcome was very disappointing with an extremely high price.

After persuading our Board to try online bidding one more time, we discovered HANDBID. This platform turned everyone’s thinking around on electronic auctions!

Handbid is the best bidder-friendly app around! Their fees are reasonable and this company delivers ALL of their promises. The entire team at Handbid, including our account executive, support reps, financial rep and the owner were all incredibly responsive to our unique needs. And we give a “10” to our Handbid Ambassador, Brice Tomlinson. Actually the only person from Handbid we met in person, Brice was a tremendous part of our success! His contribution to our event was invaluable.

We strongly recommend HANDBID for any 501(c)(3) organization looking to take their charity auction to the best performance level possible.

What do you dislike?

Our only issue with Handbid during our first auction in 2017 was the inability to use Apple Pay. By the time we held our second Handbid auction in 2018 - that issue was resolved! Now that we are preparing for our 3rd Handbid auction in 2019, we are adding their ticketing platform to our event - so far, tickets are selling smoothly and the $$ is flowing right into our bank account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because Handbid is so user-friendly, our guests are having the best time while "fun-raising"! We need far less volunteers to staff our auction. And the movement of funds is SEAMLESS thanks to Stripe Connect.

Handbid review by Jill M.
Jill M.

"Amazing Company, Stellar Staff, & Simple & Easy to Use Tool"

What do you like best?

We are a public school in Highlands Ranch, Colorado and count on our annual silent auction to provide much needed revenue to support our school and fundraise for curriculum, lower class sizes, and STEM opportunities for students.

Handbid has helped us manage our auction with ease and confidence for the past 5 years! The tool is seamless and it so user friendly for our parent volunteers and once we started using Handbid, we saw a huge increase in our actual funds raised due to the easy access provided by the Handbid app! Our parent community could bid from the comfort of their home to support our school! We even were able to easily collect payment from all donors and take that burden off of our plate! The cost was very minimal, and super affordable for our small public school.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of any downsides that we have experienced over the past five years using Handbid. It has truly been a tool we have been able to implement with great ease and success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really want to implement an online auction with ease, this is a tool for you. It is such an easy tool to understand even for someone who is not very technical. In addition, you can monitor your auction live, and promote various business or items for bid as you learn in real time what is not selling for as high as you would like. The support team is always there to trouble shoot and help out when in need, however, the tool is smooth and almost issue free.

Before having Handbid we tried working with other vendors who charged much more and didn't have the robust tools we needed to run our school auction. The tool allowed us to reach donors everywhere, not only the ones that attend the event, but families at home or even friends or supporters out of state. The tool allowed us to share images and links to each item for bid and most importantly, the ease of being able to re-use the same template from previous years made it so much easier for us to kick off our next auction with ease. In addition, Handbid has helped us use the tool in other ways as well to help us be able to advertise and sell our school spirit wear.

Handbid review by Derika H.
Derika H.

"Easy Mobile Event & Bidding Platform"

What do you like best?

Handbid is a one stop shop. Constituents can purchase tickets to an event, find out where they are sitting for a dinner, and bid on auction items from the easy of their phone!

What do you dislike?

There were no aspects of the prodcut that we did not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Handbid staff were amazing to work with. Not only was it easy to use, but anytime we had a question they were right there to help guide us thru the process!

Using handbid for our event made selling tickets easier, registration, and table assignments a breeze. It also really took our auction to the next level by having online bidding. We saw a significant decrease in registration time for our event, as well as an increase in our auction profits thanks for the Handbid App.

Handbid review by Kendra R.
Kendra R.

"Easy!"

What do you like best?

Handbid helped us manage our auction. On our first year using it, we cut checkout time down from about 90 minutes to 25. This year, the checkout desk was super quiet, and we'd cleaned up within 30 minutes of the auction ending. Definitely made our lives easier!

What do you dislike?

Adding items can be a little time-consuming (but I honestly don't know how they'd change that). Also, the dashboard can be a bit slow. Finding bidders/etc. at check-in takes longer than I'd like.

Our fundraiser is relatively large. About 350 people, 70-80 silent auction items, and 4--45 live auction items. Handbid has made it significantly easier by keeping everything in one place, and allowing people to check out on their mobile devices, making reconciliation a breeze.

Handbid review by Lauren P.
Lauren P.

"A great user experience from both sides of the event"

What do you like best?

Handbid allows me to communicate with my guests and to feature items that I need to increase bidding on.

What do you dislike?

Being an app interface, we have run into issues with people being unable to access their app store. There is also sometimes an issue where the app gets stuck in a loop and people cannot access their accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with your trainer at handbid closely. Once you get to know the product it is very intuitive. For you first event, it is helpful to have a handbid staff at the event so that you are not stressed about the processing of the technology and can focus on your event.

This is a wonderful way to bring silent auctions in to the modern age. It allows more bidding more often.

Handbid review by Aaron R.
Aaron R.

"Years of amazing service and results!"

What do you like best?

The software has been incredibly easy to use and the features only get better from year to year. More than anything, the customer service has been top notch and the staff goes above and beyond to help ensure a smooth event experience.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I have Yet to find any one thing that I’ve been displeased with. Each year, the new feature rollouts have seemed to address any concerns I’ve had from the previous platform.

Since our event is outside, we have to deal with the potential of rain when we set up the physical items for our auction. Thankfully with Handbid we still have the luxury of showcasing the auction and enticing our audience through creative messaging if bad weather is present.

Handbid review by Angela S.
Angela S.

"Handbid use at a univiersity"

What do you like best?

I really like the price point, I can't find any other product that does what Handbid does for a fraction of the price

What do you dislike?

I would really like to see the "event" side of registration more robust, needing to purchase guest tickets and adding customizable fields like dietary restrictions or tshirt sizes would be great

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is nothing on the market that can do auctions, raise the paddle and other appeals as easily as handbid, it is easy to use, easy to run and above all cheap enough to not eat into your profit margin!

I love the ease of payment at guest check out, if their card is one file we just hit "pay" and we are all done.

Handbid review by Adrienne C.
Adrienne C.

"Always an exceptional experience with all the services we need"

What do you like best?

We love working with Handbid for all the services they provide. The platform is great for many types of events and they are always coming up with new solutions. The team is wonderful to work with and always so helpful!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything right now that we dislike about the software. They are constantly updating which is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to set the system up how you would like and then add the date in later.

We use this software for many of our nonprofit fundraising event. We can complete registration, donations, auctions, seating, and many other things through the software. It has eliminated all the different platforms we used to use.

Handbid review by Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.

"Very User Friendly App and Auction Manager"

What do you like best?

I like the look of the app, the way items are displayed with pictures and the support that comes with using the platform.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike. Specific to our situation, it is difficult to use a third-party credit card processor outside of Handbid, but I believe most people/users would prefer to use the Handbid processor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent support staff and a really great product with constant improvements. This is the auction app to go with.

Our silent auction runs extremely smooth and allows for increased bidding since bidders can receive notifications when they are outbid, etc. We have been able to increase our donations with the use of Handbid at our event.

Handbid review by Administrator

"One of the better mobile sites"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly the app is. It really makes the experience easy for our guests at events. It's also easy to use on the flip side. Set up is pretty easy, and someone usually responds within the day if I have questions or need help adjusting something.

What do you dislike?

I have heard from numerous guests that as soon as the event is over, the event disappears on their app. They then have to go into some random auction so they can get to their profile tab to see and pay their invoice. I have yet to find a way that doesn't make them do this. Also the puzzle piece is a cool idea, but being a feature in one of our events was a mistake since in glitched out. I think sometimes they try and get a new product out before it's completely ready.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No mobile site is perfect. As technology is constantly changing, so are the things that we use. I like that Handbid has webinars to teach about new additions. I like that they send out emails with upcoming information. The only thing I've had issues with consistently is different report pulling, like getting the full details of things. Overall I would recommend Handbid if you're thinking of entering mobile bidding. I've used a few other sites, and this one has been the best and most user friendly overall.

Handbid is easy to close out. I like that all the information we need is within one system. We can pull reports for annual audits and to import into our system.

Handbid review by Bridget A.
Bridget A.

"So Intuitive, Streamlined and Simple"

What do you like best?

Handbid is EASY! It is a high tech software that makes running and managing auctions incredibly simple. Almost no need for training, it's so intuitive, has all the features you could possibly need, and is simple and convenient for users. Increases profits drastically! I have recommended Handbid to so many auction organizers. I run 4 auctions in different cities all in one month and Handbid has made my job drastically easier! Also, for years to come all your records in one place, an incredible dashboard!

What do you dislike?

My only challenge has been that you can't pre-assign bid numbers. Would prefer this feature but also understand why it works the way it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would never go back after using Handbid!

Accuracy, Efficiency, staffing, customer service, increased fundraising dollars. All of these things have seen significant improvement since we started using Handbid. It also saves me HOURS of time as a planner. So much more efficient day of as well. Donors can see the items on their phones and bid with the phone in their pocket!! I can also run my silent auctions longer as they can go through the program while people are having dinner so at least another hour+ of time for bids to increase!

Handbid review by Bryan G.
Bryan G.

"InnerVisions is delighted to use Handbid!"

What do you like best?

The best feature is that it's mobile: easy to download and quite intuitive. We love how people who don't attend are event can still bid remotely. Not having to use paper/pen is very appealing to our younger donors, and our mid-aged donors have gotten used to it, too.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything that I dislike...other than being a non-profit, and wish it were a bit more affordable. And, our older donors (or those who are skeptical of the digital world) find it cumbersome, but that's why we have a team of Handbid experts who canvas the room with iPads to help people get paddle numbers and bids.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've already recommended Handbid to several other non-profits to use!

If you have an auction or an organization that you're fundraising for, this product will definitely increase your dollars. In three short years, the funds raised from our auctions have increased from $7k to $33k!

Again, having people bid remotely is such a help. Donors want to be part of our events, if they're remote. Also, our event is a short period of time, and we wouldn't be able to do paper/pen silent auction bidding with 600+ guests! It's easy to facilitate, and we get Millennials to help as "Handbid Experts"...walking around the room and helping people bid.

Handbid review by Nicole C.
Nicole C.

"Excellent Customer Service in a timely manner"

What do you like best?

When initially contacting Handbid as an option for our event we were able to speak with a customer representative with in a few seconds of calling. Once we spoke with them they were able to provide us with a professional quote in less than 24 hours.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints during my current use of the APP

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great tool to help increase donations and purchase for Auction items this is the perfect platform/APP

With Handbid we will be able to update Auction items as we receive them and preview them to our valuable sponsors. This will improve our feedback and increase money raised for our cause.

Handbid review by Sheila D.
Sheila D.

"My Bid's on Handbid"

What do you like best?

Two years ago, as a newly anointed fundraising co-chair for our school PTO, I was looking for a more user-friendly and sleeker bidding app to handle our silent auction during our annual fundraiser.

That’s when we found Handbid.

Not only is it easy to navigate as a user, but also as an auction manager. Plus, there are plenty of tutorials online to assist your learning curve and if that doesn’t cut it, you have access to an actual human being to field any additional questions.

Our silent auction revenue has steadily gone up the past two years and I firmly believe part of our success is due to Handbid.

What do you dislike?

We did not find anything wrong with Handbid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We highly recommend Handbid and have been to other schools in our area.

We definitely saw an increase in bidding, therefore, raising the most funds in 10yrs!

Handbid review by Alissa P.
Alissa P.

"So easy!"

What do you like best?

Not only does Handbid enable me to manage an auction digitally. Guests are able to enjoy the event and access on their device at their leisure BUT I am also able to track/manage ticket sales to the event as well. That is what appealed to me the most as I did not have a ticketing system to utilize for the event.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, love Handbid and will use again!

The greatest benefit is to keep an auction running even post event enabling us to drive additional revenue. I like that I can access the Admin side and make changes and measure real-time.

Handbid review by Margaret T.
Margaret T.

"Handbid is the Best!"

What do you like best?

I like Handbid because the software is easy to use, the app is easy to explain to others, and the support behind the product is unmatched!

What do you dislike?

I think many of the smaller issues we originally had with Handbid have been resolved in their newer editions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a skype session with the Handbid folks as a trial to see if it's right for you. We did this and it was very helpful. Event support is key too and we've had excellent event support from Handbid as well.

For us as a non-profit, the increased auction sales as a result of using Handbid at our largest annual fundraiser has been an excellent business decision for us. We don't have extra funds to waste, so we need a good return on our investment. Handbid has definitely helped us with increasing our return.

"Good For Schools "

What do you like best?

We've used Handbid for 3 years now for our elementary school silent auction. We love how easy it is for our families to bid on both the app and a computer, we like the easy access to our previous auctions' information and the user friendly dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The lack of reports that we can run from our side, we needed a report for each bid made during a specific period for a raffle. That bidders cannot respond to the broadcast messages nor can you see if they had been read. The cost is a bit high for a school compared to some other platforms. We didn't like that we had to manually set a timer to end the auction and that it could not be extended once set.

Helps us raise money for our school.

Handbid review by Administrator

"Easy to use auction software"

What do you like best?

I love the our event guests can bid on items while seated at their table in the ballroom!

What do you dislike?

Having to convince people to download the app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to use, has many additional features that would work if our event was a different type. Biggest challenge is convincing people to download the app - for those who object we have iPads available for bidding

Our auction display in out in the foyer which back when we used the paper method meant people had to leave the ballroom to bid which really disrupted the evening/program flow. The proxy (max bid) feature is awesome, one retired board member actually put $20K max bids on 2 items at our annual fundraising dinner last year.

Handbid review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Silent Auction Co-Chair"

What do you like best?

The gamification factor. It tripled our bids from the prior year and doubled our funds that we raised. Having the app provide fun "Oh no!" noise and push notifications when bidders were losing was critical. I also love their support that is available the day of.

What do you dislike?

Would love to have Apple Pay functionality. I may be wrong and it may offer this and I am unaware.

Also, I wish we could use the same URL for our auction for the following year. We had a lot of signs made with the specific link on it and cannot use it in the following years.

An added benefit was the ability to text users about the event through it.

Handbid review by Administrator

"Easy, Convenient, Intuitive Software "

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive handbid is, so easy to figure out.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is not wonderful, there are many reports where having the payment type included would be helpful, but it has to be pulled in a separate report then combined. Not being able to pre-assign bid numbers is less than desirable and the software can occasionally have hiccups or run a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will make running an auction light times easier.

Offering a more convenient auction and the ability to keep them open longer. Easy financial tracking and quick check in and check out. Definitely makes the event process much easier. Love this product, despite the few things I'd change.

Handbid review by Timothy D.
Timothy D.

"Long time user"

What do you like best?

The reports show great detail. The app is intuitive to use and easy to register. Our users and attendees have embraced it.

What do you dislike?

The VIP status has been a problem in the past but we look forward to seeing the new release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Diana and Jeff have been great to work with.

For our silent auctions, we needed to have a quick and easy way to get the money and account for the winners. Handbid has been awesome for this.

Handbid review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Not only a great tool to increase revenue for your acuction, but a great experience for our guests!"

What do you like best?

The event went really well and Handbid was definitely a nice addition to our auction. I think the guests really liked the application and that it was easy to check on their bids. We also had some people bid remotely which was nice for people who usually come to the event but could not make it this year. Check in and check out was a lot easier, allowing our staff to enjoy the gala instead of prepping for check out, like they had done in the past. The interface that Handbid has is beautiful and user friendly. Also, the Handbid staff was extremely responsive to our training questions and even helped us during a setup emergency the night before, allowing us to have a smooth event.

What do you dislike?

We were not able to check in guests on our phones, but I think there has been an enhancement since our event. We had one issues with payment where the system would not allow the user to pay when we entered their credit card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a dedicated person to learn and set up handbid and host multiple trainings with volunteers.

Check in and check out were much more efficient and guest were in and out much faster. We increased our revenue because we had remote bids, and the application notified the bidder when they were losing. Reconciling was extremely easy since we could pull reports directly from Handbid rather than manully gathering information and putting the report together. We could easily pay within Handbid and send receipts rather than having a hard copy of the receipt.

Handbid review by Administrator

"Handbid is user friendly and reliable - we've only had positive experiences."

What do you like best?

The user interfaces inspire confidence in that they're clean and intuitive. I like being able to pull reports after the event and fire off messaging to auction registrants during the event to encourage bidding.

What do you dislike?

From year to year I like to export repeat items from the prior year's auction to save time. Sometimes, I want to edit items en masse with a certain picture or text field. It appears that I'm unable to make such edits en masse but have to click on each item to make edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mark Massey is helpful and enthusiastic. One gets the sense that Handbid's leadership believes in the product. Do a trial and see if Handbid can work for you.

We wanted to invite bidding at our silent auction via digital means. We also wanted national exposure, i.e, folks being able to bid from anywhere. Handbid helps us do both.

Handbid review by Audrey S.
Audrey S.

"Super easy! Great experience!"

What do you like best?

We loved how easy it was for us and our bidders to use. The notifications and reminders were fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! This product worked great for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This was the easiest checkout process our bidders ever had. It was also fantastic to offer a way for supporters who were not able to attend the event to be just as lively in the silent auction bidding.

"Perfect Auction Software"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Handbid is having the capability to extend your fundraising potential outside of your event's attendee list. Being able to set as wide or narrow of a window to have the auction open and allow people who may not be able to attend the event to bid has significantly helped us raise funds for our organizations.

What do you dislike?

The image upload can be a little persnickety, but once you get the hang of cropping your images to a 4:3 aspect ratio prior to uploading then it's not a problem.

We are increasing our fundraising potential by extending the reach of bidders outside of our events

Handbid review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use for all"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the mobility of the app and how well we can change on a dime through the back end if we need to.

What do you dislike?

Not having the ability to modify the fields for tickets. We have agolf outing so being able to ask what size shirt, what handicap, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this product. The security features for those bidding is very important and Handbid makes sure to take this into account.

Handbid helped us to get the word out further in the company as well as give a credit card option. before we started using Handbid, we couldn't do these which limited it.

Handbid review by Belinda S.
Belinda S.

"Best Cuatomer Service ever!!"

What do you like best?

The outstanding customer service sealed the deal for our school. It can’t be beat. Handbid is also user friendly and is meeting all of our auction needs.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. The entire bidding platform is outstanding!

Handbid is a one-stop platform for auctions. In addition , their customer service team has helped us choose the right live auctioneer for our Gala.

Handbid review by Administrator

"Handbid: Easy and Efficient"

What do you like best?

Its hard to say what I like best. Its easy to use, easy to find video and written support, and phone support after that if needed. The answers are always easy to execute to keep the process moving.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say there is anything that I dislike at all. One suggestion I'd have is to be able to order the items within a category by item number. This is probably possible, in fact, I tried but couldn't get it to work. Also, when sorting categories and moving certain categories up in the order...I could only do that from my ipad but couldn't get it to work from my PC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call or email if you have questions, they will help you and get it right!

Benefits are the easily printable spreadsheets and printouts for easy summary of information.

Handbid review by Jared S.
Jared S.

"A Great User Experience!"

What do you like best?

Handbid is easy to use and allows you to communicate with all of your bidders at once with quick messaging.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I'd like to change would be able to close an auction automatically at the desired time. Currently, you have to go in and manually close auctions.

We are able to quickly set up and auction off items and ship them around the country.

Handbid review by Administrator

"Best Auction App Out There"

What do you like best?

It's a great app and auction management tool to help sell tickets, enable bidding for silent and live auction items, and manage all the information and receipts. We love it!

What do you dislike?

It's hard for older people to use because it's not entirely intuitive. Some of our older guests didn't bid because they couldn't understand it and needed help, which put a strain on our volunteers because we hadn't planned on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's one of the best options out there!

Ticketing and auction management is so much easier with Handbid - we've been able to manage events really well with Handbid.

Handbid review by User in Music
User in Music

"Good but only for larger companies"

What do you like best?

Handbid makes paper bidding sheets a thing of the past and auctions run so much easier. The events we used were so much sleeker and much more efficient.

What do you dislike?

The price was the biggest dislike for us. We only held auctions three times a year so the pricing did not seem worth it for us. In addition, we found that there was some lagging depending on how active the app was. Because of that, it made it more difficult to know what the highest bid was in real time. One way to make the app more interactive/ real time would be to see who the winner is immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend making resizing photos easier. It took much longer than expected because the photos weren't sized properly.

We weren't considering using Handbid but it's really nice especially when your silent auction is understaffed. For smaller groups, this is pretty useful. However, it also depends on what kind of audience you have. Some of the older guests were not technologically equipped for the app.

Handbid review by Tonja H.
Tonja H.

"Gather in the Gardens"

What do you like best?

That Handbid captures all my attendees contact information, so that I can keep them engaged

What do you dislike?

I would like more flexibility on the landing page for the website. It's a little static.

Getting accurate information for all my guests. In 15 years of doing fundraising at events, I've never been able to get everyone's information.

Handbid review by Administrator

"Our Go To Auction Vendor! "

What do you like best?

The Handbid staff is always very responsive and helpful, and their on-site staff is friendly and professional with our event guests. Jeff and Seth are always thorough, informative, responsive and helpful throughout the entire process, and their attention to detail is outstanding. We couldn’t ask for a better team to help us reach our client's fundraising goals.

What do you dislike?

Not sure what we would do to change this platform. . .

The mobile app has been a game changer for our events! Text reminders has increased our auction raise year over year!

Handbid review by Karen C.
Karen C.

"Handbid"

What do you like best?

Seth was phenomenal to work with and no question went unanswered. It was easy to use on both our end and our constituents.

What do you dislike?

It was a little slow with the wifi but that wasn't Handbids fault.

It was the first time we have ever used an electronic auction site. It saved us time and hours doing it online versus the written bid sheets. Written bid sheets are challenging because you can't always read what individuals have written.

Will renew our contract closer to our event.

Handbid review by Maegan C.
Maegan C.

"Awesome company"

What do you like best?

The staff is hands-down the best!! They are knowledgeable and attentive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike here. Everything about Handbid is done well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it NOW!!!

Handbid has helped us increase our fundraising revenue every year. They have simplified the biding experience for our guests and helped us look for professional.

Handbid review by Brooke C.
Brooke C.

"Easy to use, great training"

What do you like best?

The training leading up to the event was great, the app was easy to use, and the check in process was easy.

What do you dislike?

The entire process was seamless, I have no complaints

Our event bidding was a HUGE success due to the online bidding. Check in was also easier

Handbid review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Easy, user-friendly solution for fundraising auctions"

What do you like best?

Using Handbid's mobile auction app has increased revenue and attendance for our event for three years in a row! Handbid is easy to use and simplifies the process of listing and bidding on auction items.

What do you dislike?

At times the invitation/guest list interface has been tricky for us to navigate on the back end, but they are continually improving the experience!

Handbid has vastly simplified the process of holding a silent and live auction. We've more than doubled our attendance and revenues since we've started using Handbid.

Handbid review by Michael Eric H.
Michael Eric H.

"Great Product / Great Service"

What do you like best?

Stable highly functional App

Great back end management tools

Wonderful support

What do you dislike?

Increasing cost / price

We started out paying 5% and now pay 7% plus a use fee.

Our actions have increased by 20-30% as people are able to stay connected without being present.

Handbid review by Lane B.
Lane B.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

Custom url per item; automated item sheets; speed of the report when countdown is completed; opening of auction days before the event; seeing bids in real-time on dashboard

What do you dislike?

The multiple tabs that need to be clicked when entering a new item

Speed of checkout;

Handbid review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"Handbid Has Made My Event Great"

What do you like best?

Handbid is so user friendly - not only to the event planner but to our bidders! It really brought our annual Dinner Dance to a new level. People start bidding early and those who can't attend the event feel they are a part of it because they can bid from wherever they are!

What do you dislike?

I wish Handbid had a peer to peer fundraising feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it - You won't go back

Increased revenue and participation at our events when we use Handbid!

Handbid review by Victoria M.
Victoria M.

"We love HandBid!!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and customer service is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

few too many steps to set up auction, but its really not too bad!

No longer need to run auctions by myself! Gets all addresses on file! Gets credit card info before auction is over!

Handbid review by Administrator

"User- friendly auction software with everything you need for a successful event"

What do you like best?

I love having the ticketing, silent and live auction integrated online. It's one-stop-shopping for auction guests and SO much easier than the old days of handwritten bidder sheets!

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while I run into a glitch (usually ticketing or registration) but the team always takes care of things right away!

We are solving the problem of how to efficiently monitor bids and collect auction funds. Our auction revenues have more than tripled since we switched!

Handbid review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Great Service - Easy Software"

What do you like best?

Ease of putting on items and getting paid

What do you dislike?

Ability to put pictures on the website description

We used to save silent auctions with paper and had problems with customers fighting, handbid has alleviated these problems and gotten more money per item.

Handbid review by Bree M.
Bree M.

"Love It!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for customers and volunteers.

What do you dislike?

Still necessary to have a laptop on hand. I’d like 100% mobile operation.

We came from auctions on paper with a 2 hour checkout process and 30 day settlement process.

Handbid review by Administrator

"Three cheers for Handbid!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for the administrator, as well as the customer.

What do you dislike?

The great thing about Handbid is that If there is a feature we don't think works as well as it should, we reach out to our contacts there and they work to make a fix for it.

We use Handbid to fundraise. Our numbers have increased dramatically since switching to a mobile and online platform.

Handbid review by Administrator

"Handbid makes throwing an event much easier!"

What do you like best?

I like that they are always checking in with you before your event to see if everything is running smoothly. I also like that they come and run our check-in/Check out for our guests as well as run check out for our silent and live auctions.

What do you dislike?

We had a set back last year with one of their employees "taking over" the show and being rude to staff and guests, but Handbid seemed to listen to our complaint and seemed legitimately concerned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

We are seeing that hiring the whole Handbid team really opens up staff to help run other aspects of the event.

Learn more about Handbid

Handbid Videos

Learning about Handbid?

* We monitor all Handbid reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.