Silent Auction Pro Reviews & Product Details

Silent Auction Pro Overview

What is Silent Auction Pro?

Simplify every aspect of running your event! Eliminate check-in / check-out lines, store credit cards, sell tickets, Online, mobile, paper, live auction bidding options. Manage contacts, track donations, create auction bundles and printed material, write thank you letters and more. Simple, affordable and powerful event management software for any organization. Includes FREE phone support, FREE night of event support, video tutorials and more. Call: (408) 583-4880 x1. We're here to help!

Silent Auction Pro Details

Silent Auction Pro is a multi-user, Internet-based auction software system providing complete donor and auction management solution for charitable fundraising.

Silent Auction Pro provides easy-to-use, affordable, powerful software to make your event seamless from check-in to check-out, One of the ways our company stands out, aside from our top-notch software, is our service. You will see a common theme in reviews by our customers: excellent customer support. In fact, our software has been built on customer feedback and suggestions. All of our Event Coach team has used Silent Auction Pro software on a regular basis for their own fundraising events. We care about your success. Give us a call and let us show you how we can help you!

Silent Auction Pro
2007
Truckee, CA
@SilentAuctionPr
9 Twitter followers

Silent Auction Pro Screenshots

Silent Auction Pro Reviews

Showing 107 Silent Auction Pro reviews
Already have Silent Auction Pro?
What do you like best?

I have enjoyed working with the team at Silent Auction Pro. No matter the time or day, they were always there for us. While they provide great tutorials online, they are always willing to walk you through all the features of the software and help you have the most successful event. They truly want to see your organization have the best results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more analysis reports! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a fabulous event because of the support of the Silent Auction Pro team, and the software. I would have to call them periodically if I wasn't able to figure something out and they were always willing and available to help. The staff was always able to walk me through every step. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We had the best experience with Silent Auction Pro. Due to the pandemic we were forced to move our entire event to a virtual platform and that included our Foundation Auction. There was much concern over how this would work and if we could still be successful but the SAP team was there to support us every step of the way!

We had looked at another company initially but when they did not answer the phone, it took them over 3 hours to call me back and I found out there was only one person on staff I knew we needed to look elsewhere. Silent Auction Pro took a very different approach, always answered my calls and was there for whatever I needed both day and night. Their assistance both before, during and after our event was top notch and crucial since a virtual auction was new to our entire team. I can't wait to work with them again for our future events! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are literally no downsides to using this company! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Silent Auction Pro helped us convert our in-person auction to a virtual auction due to the pandemic. Most of our attendees are not very tech savvy but SAP made the whole process very simple and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer Service - and ease of use. The best customer service team I have ever encountered in more than 20 years of fundraising.

I’ve been in fundraising more than 20 years and have manages event with silent and live auctions for gatherings of 250 to 1500 – both onsite and virtual. I’ve used a few different software programs in that time, but Silent Auction Pro IS THE BEST. Not just for its ease of use – in that everything you need is within the software, but because of the customer service they provide before, during and after the event. Their team of support, from the initial training, to processing the winning bids, to the follow-up was phenomenal. I have never encountered a team so upbeat, so supportive, so understanding and so knowledgeable in my entire career. If you are looking for a platform on which to manage your silent or live auction – onsite or virtual – look no further. I highly recommend Silent Auction Pro as the perfect, low-cost, high quality software platform for any size auction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is a great product! There is NOTHING to dislike! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy donor identification. Ease of use for my bidders - that was a great +. Easy reporting. Automatic certificate creation. Ease of transaction processing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro is easy to use and has great customer service, someone always answers your call and knows the system better than you to give immediate direction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We needed to go online this year, so first time with that capability. We need more info on the online page, like item number, group number and better photo quality. Some people said they did not understand the "Bid for Me" option, so maybe more details in that area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can not have an auction with high quantity items without a program to help manage, we did in excel years ago and this is so much easier! The online version allowed us to still have our event, just on a smaller scale. It was more fun than I had imagined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

SAP is well worth the cost for the robust database you are able to use for fundraising of all sorts.

The platform is stable and did not fail me. It is organized in a logical way and we are so many features to support your event.

The tutorials, videos, and event coaches are all at your fingertips. It is so comforting to have humans on the line to help you through every click and through the event night as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customize the pages in the future, but it is a nice to have not a need to have.

There are way more positives than negatives when it comes to SAP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop - call Jim.

He is the architect and engineer of SAP. He is a really down to earth person who wants you to succeed in your quest for fundraising. if you are a small company - this product adds to your team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to execute Virtual Auctions and leverage it to sell Artist works through the Buy it NOW functions.

SAP is secure and I don't have to fret over credit cards! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are so many different functions that the software has to communicate to buyers and donors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is so much you can do with the software that it was a bit overwhelming, but the customer service is great and can help with everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our event was cancelled, so Silent Auction Pro was the only option we had for a fundraiser. It can really help us get the word out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I appreciate being able to select the features and be charged accordingly. Their support is outstanding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to upload multiple donors or photos for 1 auction item. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We again chose Silent Auction Pro because of their affordability and their customer support. Why pay thousands of dollars needlessly for software? The learning curve for the admin side can be challenging at first, but their tutorials and their support team respond within hours, if not minutes, when you need help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's so much easier having the online auction vs. paper bid sheets! The reports and analytics of ROI are of great benefit, too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Property Manager
What do you like best?

We are a hypothermia shelter that houses 12 guests during the coldest months of the year, and have a fundraising gala every 2-3 years. At the beginning of our planning process for our February 2020 gala, we wrestled with the question “Do we really need an auction and event planning package for our little event?” At the end, there was no question that Silent Auction Pro was a HUGE reason why our event went so smoothly and exceeded our fundraising goals!

I cannot say enough good things about our experience using Silent Auction Pro. Some of the key things that really made it worthwhile:

Event Coach. From the very beginning, we were assigned an event coach (Dana), and she proved incredibly helpful in both understanding Silent Auction Pro as well as anticipating what other issues might come up before, during, and after our event. She checked in regularly, and was available even on weekends.

Training Videos. Silent Auction Pro has a large number of training videos on YouTube that were very helpful. Admittedly, they seemed difficult to understand when I viewed them before we actually signed up, but once I was on Silent Auction Pro and able to play around, they made much more sense, and proved very helpful.

Pricing Structure. At first, it seemed expensive to pay $800 and still give up 2% of our proceeds to Silent Auction Pro. However, the 2% is only out of auction proceeds, and not things like tickets or sponsorships. That kept the 2% cost down to under $300, for a total cost of $1,100. Comparing that to the many, many hours of time saved, the ability to start the auction before the event, ability to easily sell tickets, and all the communications tools made it worth the money many times over.

Usability. While I would not call Silent Auction Pro the most user-friendly website in existence, it is user-friendly, and with a minimal amount of practice it becomes very easy to get around. The reports are also very useful and easy to generate.

I would highly recommend Silent Auction Pro to any organization planning an event that includes a silent auction. We will definitely be repeat customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were some very minor bugs, but that was it.

We did not like WorldPay, one of Silent Auction Pro's credit card processing options, but that was not Silent Auction Pro's fault! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have more than one person be administrators ... don't let it lie with one person, or he/she will get overwhelmed! This is not an issue with Silent Auction Pro, but about event management in general. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used it for a complete event management solution for a fundraising gala for 250 people. We exceeded our fundraising goal by over 50%! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Director and Founding Leader
What do you like best?

We've used Silent Auction Pro for at least three events in the last several years as a Mobile Pro client. It is pretty intuitive and keeps our donations well organized, as well as allowing us to communicate effectively with bidders and donors. The ability for anyone to bid online opens our fundraising to the community, not just our school families, helping us raise much more money than we could achieve with paper bidding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would live to see an app in the future for mobile bidding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are going to start using our SAPro software in our other school fundraisers, not just our auction. It is a great way to organize and keep all of our sponsor and donor information organized. I can also not speak highly enough of the customer support! They are quick to answer calls and get you answers to your questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
What do you like best?

After an extensive search three years ago, we decided on SAP (Silent Auction Pro). It was the best decision we made. We have used it for three years and could not be more satisfied. It has totally eliminated many of the mundane manual process in running a Golf Fund Raiser for our Rotary Club. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They still have a few bugs but they are constantly fixing it. The issues are so minor that we hardly notice it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Given the Price/Benefit, this solution for a small non profit is by far the BEST. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing a 100+ person event every year for a small community service Rotary Club is a major undertaking and SAP has helped in our efforts. The best part is being able to bring back any history from the prior years. This is HUGE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice-President, Director of Programming
What do you like best?

What I loved the most about the software was the high level of customer service we received from the staff. There was always someone there to give an answer to any of the questions we had, as well as instructional videos on YouTube. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Logging in each donation was time-consuming but it was worth it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to increase our participant footprint with an online auction, and bidders had no problem finding the site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative and Development Coordinator
AN
What do you like best?

I like that the staff at Silent Auction Pro continually checked up on me to make sure that I understood everything that needed to be done before my fundraising event. This was my first time using Silent Auction Pro and that was a HUGE help. I also found the videos very helpful when learning how to use the system. My team and I found Silent Auction Pro easy to use and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that you are unable to create tickets without a person's name assigned to it. We have sponsors that are gifted anywhere from 2-10 tickets. Sometimes they use the tickets within the company and other times they give them to their customers. The system wasn't easy for my team to find the correct company since it was assigned to a name and not a company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The local company that we had used for our ticketing and auction software before had gone out of business. We were in desperate need to find another system that was able to accept tickets as well as live and silent auctions, all while keeping costs down. Most of our guests do not purchase tickets online so I also liked that I was able to enter in their information in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Auction Coordinator
What do you like best?

The 'back office' support from Silent Auction Pro is amazing. They are quick to respond and very easy to work with. In addition, the videos for how to use the software are very well done and easy to understand! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that we disliked. I would like if some of the items from the more expensive packages were offered ala carte (like the after event reports). But that is not a deal breaker for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the Basic package level first. You can make changes to which package you want as you go along. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously we have had a more create-as-we-go-along approach to each dinner auction held. We were looking for greater portability in auction coordinating. Meaning, we want to be able for someone to walk in the door and be able to understand what was done in previous auctions and be able to carry it forward with little to no difficulty. One of the best things about Silent Auction Pro is the support team and the support videos! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Event Co-Chair
What do you like best?

Our guests loved bidding on their mobile devices and we made much more money from our silent auction. We particularly loved the automated winner text notification and giving them the opportunity to self check-out/pay, making it all so much faster and easier. From the point of view of the auction administrator, it made my life much easier with no last minute pulling an all nighter to produce bidding sheets, etc. The customer service was superb and personalized. Someone always answered my calls/emails, no matter the hour and helped resolve the issue(s) I was having or if they couldn’t, they referred it to the developer who is the owner and soon afterwards all was resolved. I loved the reminders ahead of the event to ensure all was moving along smoothly and the personal calls to check in were very much appreciated. I felt fully supported at every step. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was definitely challenging learning a new system but it was worth the time and effort. There were a few little quirks that need resolving and these I have shared with the developer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would definitely recommend using this software to others. There is no doubt that we brought in more money using Silent Auction Pro. Pay attention to detail on the front side and the event will run seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information & Records Manager
What do you like best?

This software made it very easy for us input auction items for our event, our staff needed minimal training in order to learn the process. This software made a lot of our manual process automated and saved us time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. All of our questions were answered within minutes, their customer service is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As mentioned above, this made our manual process of the silent auction automated which saved us time and generated us more money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

This was our school's first attempt at an online auction, and I was impressed by how easy it was to use Silent Auction Pro. As the graphic desiger for the event, it was super easy to upload our event logo to various SAP pages and forms. Being able to maintain a consistent graphic identity with the printed and social media communications we created gave our event a professionalism we haven't had before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a thing. I did not use as many functions at the rest of my team members, but the ones I used were easily understood and used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The program allowed us to extend the reach of our school's auction fundraiser to friends and family members of our community who would not be able to attend the event due to distance or other factors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PTO President
What do you like best?

The things I liked best about SAP was that it expanded our reach to people that did not attend our event, therefore raising more money for our school. Also, I think it made it possible for parents to socialize at our event more since they didn't have to be running back and forth to check on silent auction items. It made check-out so fast and easy, people loved to be able to do it on their phones, and knowing instantly which items you won was awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that was challenging was that with learning a new system it's a big learning curve, so I think this first year took a lot more time in figuring things out. Next year things will be so much easier, all our contacts are already loaded, past auction info in the system for reference, and we have already learned most of the ins and outs of the system now. With that said the SAP team was really helpful, we all called and emailed questions a lot and they were all so helpful and supportive of our event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had been asked for a few years if we could do an online auction for people that can't attend our fundraising event, or don't want to and we finally were able to make that happen! We raised more money with the help of the online system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Events Manager
What do you like best?

The program was easy to learn and use. Very intuitive! Our members had a really easy time purchasing tickets for an event and looking at auction items. Use at the event made check-in a breeze and quick. teaching the volunteers to use the software was easy and it was great to have a demo database that couldn't get messed up. It was nice to not have to practice on our database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once a member purchased a table or ticket there was no way for them to go back in and modify it. There also isn't an app for phones yet which would be nice. There is a way to put a shortcut on your phone which makes it work like an app but no app yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend using this product. From their support staff, the the ease of use, to the training, to the use at the event, it is by far the best program out there! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time savings, better data tracking, faster check-in/out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Our first time using Silent Auction Pro at our non-profit gala with 500 guests. It went very smooth for our 1st time. We did have a Silent Auction Pro staff member on site to quickly handle non-standard charges. The Kiosk/Proxy bidding makes it easy for those that do not want to use their mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There are a couple of things I would do different, such as add a new tag in Contacts to differentiate attendees from other contacts but nothing in the software that we disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We purchased the software in November and the gala was in February. In that short time we learned the product, setup and configured all our guests, donors, donation and auction items. Learning is easy and the online help and YouTube videos are good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The results are instant. Check-out is a breeze. No long lines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Community Events
What do you like best?

Ease of use for my users and bidders, my users come back year after year and are used to using this product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Top n bid doesn't have bid for me. I would like it to have this option Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have increased our goal for the last 3 years in our silent auction and met it with the help of silent auction pro Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro offers all the functions we need for our annual event -- ticket sales, silent and live auction management, fund-a-cause management, and even coordination of payment for participation in games like Heads or Tails. The event/customer service representative checks in frequently and is always helpful. The CEO is also accessible and follows up personally, if needed. I can't imagine getting this level of functionality and customer service at a better price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We had to learn how to manage certain functions - sponsor ticket sales, reconciling potential duplicate entries. However, there were videos and instructions that made learning this easy, and our event representative was easily accessible if we wanted someone to talk us through a process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Silent Auction Pro has simplified ticket sales and auction management and allowed us to try mobile bidding, which we loved. Our auction and Fund-A-Cause proceeds increased this year as we transitioned to mobile bidding for the first time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro is a fantastic solution to facilitate our online and live auctions. We've been customers for six years - the scope of functionality, pricing and pre- and post-auction support is amazing.The ability to run reports that reach back to our original auction is especially useful for helping us reach out annually to our regular donors to make it easier to collect (and track) donations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because of the scope of functions, the interface is a bit complicated and somewhat dated. But the online support (including YouTube videos) goes a long way to walk you through it (as does the live customer support). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Each year the board researches software solutions for our auctions (we're a very small school and so have to carefully consider costs) and each year we stay with Silent Auction Pro. In addition to the functionality, the cost-per-purchase charged by the processing company is the lowest we've found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Facilitating our live and online auctions. Because we're able to track years of auctions we're able to build on the prior year's donations - last year was our biggest success, bringing in $25,000 to support the school, which we felt was amazing considering our school is roughly 100 students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
What do you like best?

I like the online/mobile bidding piece of the software. It is easy to enter donation and information, the system helps with the increment suggestions and starting bid suggestions as well. There were things we always use to put off until the last because it was so time consuming to decide a starting bid for each auction item.

I also really like that the software provides the ability to do both tickets and online bidding. Being able to separate out ticket types, offer a variety of choices (food options/t-shirt sizes, etc.) helps us to accurately capture who supported our event. Another really great thing about Silent Auction Pro is the price. After researching many companies Silent Auction Pro was the most reasonable with all of the different things they offered. Also, I feel like they truly care about the success of our event. Their staff is very knowledgeable and interested in making our event the best that it can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this software that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely take a look at their demos. They make their system very accessible when you're looking at different options, so take advantage of that. Also, talk with one of their staff. They are very knowledgeable and have run different events themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have seen an increase in the amount of money we bring in from our Silent Auction. It makes the bidding experience so seamless and easy. We don't have to hassle with bidders about whether someone bid the correct increments, etc. We have realized the benefits of our planning committee being able to socialize and enjoy the event and not worry about the Silent Auction. Other benefits include the event attendees overall enjoyment with online bidding and wanting to be a part of the event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro is effective and user friendly. We like that it is web-based and tailored well to fundraising. We appreciate their prompt response whenever help is needed. The company is easy to work with - by phone or email. We appreciated their email reminders throughout the planning process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would love to be able to keep all reports online indefinitely for each event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a nonprofit raising funds for our organization. The ease of the software helps us to have a smooth event - an event where we raise much of our annual budget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.