GiveSmart

GiveSmart allows you to streamline the live action process with electronic brochures interactive leaderboards and features such as secure payments, customized websites, live auction spotters and more.

Work for GiveSmart?

Learning about GiveSmart?

Compare GiveSmart to Similar Solutions

GiveSmart Reviews

Ask GiveSmart a Question
Showing 27 GiveSmart reviews
GiveSmart review by Erin B.
Erin B.

"GiveSmart for Children's Hospital Colorado"

What do you like best?

The platform is incredibly user-friendly and makes Silent Auction mobile bidding and donating so easy at events! We also so appreciate how helpful the GiveSmart team is, both remotely in advance of events, and when we have the pros on-site at our events. They are all very helpful with troubleshooting and ensuring that any issues that arise are resolved first and foremost in a customer-service friendly way, being sure to not disrupt the overall event/user experience, and then also work with our team to resolve outstanding issues on the back-end to keep event flow moving with minimal (if any) technical challenges.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the best fit for guests who do not have smart phones.

We also have some challenges with how the data from GiveSmart downloads ends up looking when we try to upload it into our CRM database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GiveSmart is incredibly functional, customization, and offers amazing customer support!

Allows for real-time collection of donation/silent auction payments, preventing outstanding balances and missing event revenue. Mobile bidding with text to donate opportunities have increased our silent auction and event revenues exponentially!! Having a silent auction website allows remote bidding too, and includes participants who would otherwise not be able to donate or bid on items. Guests have shared positive feedback around ease of use and inclusiveness of this platform and program.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about GiveSmart
GiveSmart review by Doree K.
Doree K.

"Not just a great product, great service"

What do you like best?

We have used another electronic bidding vendor in the past. What sets GiveSmart apart is the customer service they provide. You get help every step of the way, from setting up your site, to running the auction and checking out customers. They make sure everyone is satisfied.

What do you dislike?

The service is a bit pricey, but it's fairly comparable to other vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Running an auction electronically, especially if you're used to doing it the old fashioned way, sounds intimidating, but GiveSmart makes it so simple. And if you have run it electronically with another vendor, you may be surprised that you can get so much more for your money by switching.

We need fewer volunteers, because "closing" the auction is instantaneous and checkout is simplified. And our bids are higher because it's so easy.

What Nonprofit Auction solution do you use?

GiveSmart review by Michelle H.
Michelle H.

"A must for Event Support!"

What do you like best?

GiveSmart offers tailored event support in any location. Their team will go to wherever your event is located. They were a tremendous help with our annual Gala last year in Hawaii. They are super friendly, they offer onsite event day and booth exhibit hall support to ease donors on auction bidding. Their website platform is super user friendly. They even offer a crowd funding platform to use free for one year with a contract for event support. The day of the event they have several team reps on hand to help with bidding and closeout. The whole event registration and closeout process was quick and efficient.

What do you dislike?

They could be a little pricey, around $8,000 so be sure your event needs support and could raise more money then cost of their support. Our event raises about $50,000 so with the cost of the platform we made about $40,000.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please access your needs and consider if the price is worth the cost based on your evaluation of donor giving.

We have seen an increase in donor giving, pledges. Their platform is a very easy system for auction bidding and allows you to select reports on all auction bidders and a report on outstanding payments so you may easily reach out to each donor for payments on their bids.

GiveSmart review by Joan V.
Joan V.

"Good experience "

What do you like best?

The givesmart platform was very user- friendly. So easy to use with all the features you need . I also really appreciated the quick service whenever there was a question.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that you had to schedule a "meeting" time and then had to log in to discuss things. Kind of annoying. Can't we just call each other at a set time?

We are trying to raise money for the school The Givesmart platform makes bidding easy to use and it is professional looking.

GiveSmart review by Sharon A.
Sharon A.

"Running my auction through GiveSmart puts my mind at ease."

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive and user friendly. I was able to self-teach almost everything I needed to know with the video tutorials. If I needed additional help the customer service people are great!

What do you dislike?

I like to push things to the limits, and there were 1 or 2 instances where the software couldn't do exactly what I wanted it to. I was usually able to come up with a suitable work-around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the money.

The last project I did with GiveSmart was a project I did as an independent consultant. My client had limited website capabilities, and we were thrilled to run all ticketing, donations, raffles and auctions through our GiveSmart site! It worked like a charm.

GiveSmart review by Barbara O.
Barbara O.

"Great platform + easy user expereince"

What do you like best?

The updated GiveSmart (formerly Gesture) platform is much easier to use and the Dashboard visual provides instant access to all of the internal tools and information.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if this integrated with Blackbaud's Raisers Edge NXT product seamlessly. The separate products cause us tremendous time and work to manually log in financial data and donations to our database.

We have not had our auction yet, but check back with us and we'll let you know.

GiveSmart review by Paul H.
Paul H.

"The only fundraising software you'll ever need"

What do you like best?

I had not previously used this type of software to manage our accounts, Givesmart made my job much easier.

What do you dislike?

Givesmart has been perfect for us, multiple large events all successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our partners have all switched to GiveSmart since we began using it because they could see how it was helping us build up our infrastructure. I have not thoroughly looked into other types of software which could be used, but we have not had any problems with GiveSmart and I would recommend it to anyone who works full-time or part-time in fundraising.

Our donations have increased significantly since we started using GiveSmart. This has in turn allowed us to expand our services.

GiveSmart review by Sierra  L.
Sierra L.

"What an amazing thing! "

What do you like best?

I absolutely love this program! It helps nonprofits, schools, and foundations to enhance event experiences and make sure that they are given the things they need! This is a program that actually makes me smile because of how wonderful it is

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this. It’s positive, empowering and it makes a difference within different aspects of life. School, fundraising, anything that this program helps is amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing keep doing what you’re doing!

I use this for my own personal reasons. I have realized that it’s easy to make someone’s day, it’s easy to make someone smile and it’s easy to H.E.L.P

GiveSmart review by Administrator

"Digital Bidding is the Way to Go!"

What do you like best?

We have seen an increase in silent auction proceeds since shifting to a digital bidding system. Their platform is a very easy system for auction bidding and allows you to manage ticketing, donations as well as bidding for live and silent auctions.

What do you dislike?

Working with the day of event pros has been our greatest hurdle. In our area these individuals are often contingent employees and GiveSmart is never able to confirm that these individuals have prior event experience. For us the better option has been to secure our own volunteers who will act as GiveSmart pros to work registration, checkout and collecting bids during the live auction.

Accounting for our events and tracking for ticket sales have become much easier using this platform. Above anything else we save time which is invaluable in a small organization.

GiveSmart review by Lisa R.
Lisa R.

"Amazed how easy it was for our guest to check in and out which gave us more time to enjoy the event"

What do you like best?

Easy access to all of our donors and donations. Less work during our fund rasing event which allows us to spend more time with our guests

What do you dislike?

Really not a dislike but more of a comment for the staff to be a little more aggresive in getting guest's email addresses and putting their credit card on file.

Easy to keep track of all the donations and allowing our guests to preview the auction items on line is a huge plus.

"GiveSmart is great"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use when you are going into the dashboard and uploading and changing items. The ease of use is great!

What do you dislike?

I had some trouble generating my item list(s) as a pdf. I never was able to find out the issue, but GiveSmart was able to generate it for me and email it to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

Easy to use for both the foundation as well as the users who sign up to bid on items.

GiveSmart review by User in Computer Software

"Givesmart review"

What do you like best?

The event website editor is simple to use and create a professional and functional website.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't found much that I dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great for managing and overseeing your Charitable event. It allows you to oversee tickets and assignment of tables. It also allows for easy checkout of silent, live, or other auction items.

We are using this software for purposes of auctioning for a charity, as well as ticket sales for this event.

"Game Changer!"

What do you like best?

Their professionalism and the data. They send knowledgeable team members and the data we receive post event is very informative.

What do you dislike?

Red shirts- while these work fine at a golf outing, it's not ideal for a gala setting. But I believe they are changing that up?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe they truly allow us to raise more money- it's worth it!

We free up staff time- who would have otherwise been pulling bid sheets- and I believe we are able to raise more money because of the ease of use during the live/silent auctions and donation ask.

GiveSmart review by Administrator

"Increased auction sales and great customer service for our Big Event"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, clean interface, customer service

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to automatically charge orders over $1000 at the end of the night if they don't cash out. Maybe a higher amount like over 3K or 5K

Our guests love the mobile bidding. It has been helpful for tracking and reporting, Our auction sales have increased. We like that we are able to train volunteers to use the product for our event.

GiveSmart review by Sara S.
Sara S.

"Great technology!"

What do you like best?

Guests can easily track their bids from their phone without having to return to the auction area to hand write their bids. All payment is automatic if they win. No chasing people down for money.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. There is a lot of work on the backend, but all worth it in the end!

Helps with event fundraising. Easier for people to spend money.

GiveSmart review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Better user experience now"

What do you like best?

What i like best about Givesmart is user experience in the dashboard, as it allows an easy access to whole variety of options such switching items, uploading content, or even just having the entirety of the view in front of you.

What do you dislike?

Although only a handful, one thing that gave me some difficulty is some of the formats but the customer came to the rescue

Recommendations to others considering the product

after 2018 it was a great integration of uses

bidding and instant buy options, i realized the easiness than manually doing so because it saves a whole lot of time and energy

GiveSmart review by Sara S.
Sara S.

"Looking forward to working with G2!"

What do you like best?

I am still in the process of setting up our event, but I know that the person in my position last year used the same software and it was fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Logging in has been difficult. It always tells me that I have the wrong password when I JUST updated my password.

It keeps our silent auction running smoothly!

GiveSmart review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Awesome Service "

What do you like best?

This service is very inclusive. The team walks you through every step and makes it easy for all. If you have any questions they make themselves available to answer anything. I also liked that a representation was present the night of our event to help us walk through things and make sure everything went smoothly. Kudos.

What do you dislike?

There was a lot of different steps. The website set up was a bit much to maneuver. It seems like I was bugging the reps because there was so much to cover.

Helped with the organization of my event.

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

All of the options that you can use GiveSmart for (silent/live auction viewing before, during and after the event, donations, ticket purchase.

What do you dislike?

It's a tedious process (by no fault of GIveSmart, just takes work to make your personal auction look good)

Raising money - again, it helps to have that option before and after the event.

GiveSmart review by katie c.
katie c.

"give smart"

What do you like best?

It's easy enough for anyone to manage the fundraiser donations and suppliers.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything we dislike; We have found it really easy and helpful in our trial.

It makes organizing fundraisers, reaching out/staying in contact with donators, and overall makes creating a fundraiser more efficient to manage.

GiveSmart review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"GiveSmart Live Auction is great!"

What do you like best?

It is super user friendly, has a great look on the bidding page that donors see and the customer service is really high level.

What do you dislike?

You have to enter a ton of information for each item. Takes too much time, especially if you're a smaller staff.

Reaching more supporters, faster to get them to bid on auction items so that we can raise more money.

GiveSmart review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Paul's experience"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Good display and interface. Staff is very friendly.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to upload photos and information to get the site up to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product!

Live auction, silent auction, and paddle raise

GiveSmart review by Administrator

"A great way to move your auction to the next level"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage and have got higher bids on silent auction

What do you dislike?

Having to work with different people each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had Givesmart at both of our events the smaller we didn't have the greatest experience with the lead staff didn't move much.

Check in and out is smoother and organizing the silent auction at the end of the evening is much faster which results in a better checkout.

GiveSmart review by User

"Great Service and so organized! "

What do you like best?

I love being able to have instant access to what I am wanting

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can say bad about this experience

More efficiency and more money raised

GiveSmart review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and look of the interface. Makes you look professional.

What do you dislike?

running reports tend to be a little hard to do.

Ease for donors to support organization.

GiveSmart review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Good backend, but weak onsite leaders"

What do you like best?

- Staff provided at events - usually friendly

- Decent backend database

- Good helpline

What do you dislike?

- Disjointed transitions between sales, event contact and onsite event manager

- Staff who had not been vetted properly and misbehaved

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Making bidding easier for guests.

"Chip in for Children"

What do you like best?

The ease and functionality of the site. There is so much more that can be done with the site that I learn each time.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I do not like with this system yet.

Helping with our large events

Learn more about GiveSmart

GiveSmart Videos

Learning about GiveSmart?

* We monitor all GiveSmart reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare GiveSmart to Similar Solutions