Gravity Software Reviews & Product Details

Gravity Software Overview

What is Gravity Software?

Gravity Software® (Gravity) is a cloud accounting business management solution for mid-market businesses looking to replace their current entry-level application. Gravity helps businesses sell more, improve customer service, gain customer loyalty, and increase sales productivity, without the high price tags associated with larger enterprise applications. Built from the ground up on the Microsoft Power Platform (aka Dynamics 365), Gravity is specifically optimized for SMBs that need real-time access to a wide range of accounting data — without the high price tags associated with more complex enterprise applications. FEATURES/FUNCTIONALITY: Mult-Entity General Ledger Accounts Payables Accounts Receivables Multi-Currency/VAT Bank Book Management Dashboards Consolidated Reporting Inventory/Warehousing Bill of Materials Sales Order Management Purchase Order Management Business Intelligence Workflows Time & Billing Revenue Recognition Subscription Billing Job Costing Dynamics 365 Sales, Marketing, Service

Gravity Software Details

Gravity Software™ (Gravity) is the only cloud accounting business management application exclusively built from the ground up on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform. Formerly known as Microsoft CRM, this platform provides small to medium size businesses (SMBs) an open platform to choose which features they need for their unique business.

Gravity is a mid-market business accounting solution with many of the features of an ERP system, without the expensive price tag.

Gravity Software
2013
Detroit, Michigan
@GoGravityOnline

Gravity Software Videos

Gravity Software Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Gravity Software community
Have you used Gravity Software before?

Gravity Software Reviews

Showing 15 Gravity Software reviews
Already have Gravity Software?
What do you like best?

The Gravity application is seamlessly integrated with Microsoft Office(email, task, schedules), including user security (Single Sign-On). The system is easy to use while providing powerful capabilities, for example - easily creates intercompany transactions, multi or single company invoices, vouchers or journals. Customers are usually up and running within a couple of weeks. The system offers built in tools so you can create approval rules, quickly integrate third party solutions using automated flows (no importing). It is GAAP compliant and provides the ability for a single button correction with full audit trails. The ability to easily customize any screen or view listing without an consultant or worrying up an upgrade. Integrated job cost assures all cost are instantly tracked. Bank/Credit Reconciliation let's me create invoices, payments, vouchers or journal while I am reconciling. I don't have to enter this first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system currently doesn't have a fixed assets module. Would like to see an automatic revaluation for multi-currency. Would like more out of the box dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gravity was built on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform which is different than Business Central and Enterprise. It provides the ease of use and flexible tools for integration. They are growing quickly and are using the latest technology innovations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multi company reconciliation is very quick and easy. Knowing my true profit on a job including committed, actual and estimated cost, couldn't do this in QuickBooks. I can quickly see how profitable each on customers are. Being ability to see attached contracts, invoices or documents associated with a project, customer, vendor or anything. Ability to have a master chart of accounts, customer, vendors so I don't have to setup each time I create a new company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our company has 9 different entities and we transact interchangeably. Not having to do multiple journal entries within each set of books has saved us a lot of time and manual entry! I also do a lot of data imports. You can create an excel template and import transactions for each entity in ONE upload! Gravity has been a great program for us and customer support has also been very helpful and efficient! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes reporting can be cumbersome due to the amount of data we have. It may take longer than usual to get reports up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our main thing was having multiple entities and intercompany transactions. We have cut our processing time down as Gravity automatically does the internal journal entries for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best feature of Gravity is the ability to manage multiple legal entities and easily consolidate the financials. Before Gravity, our company used QuickBooks which made these tasks very time-consuming and inefficient. Thanks to Gravity switching between legal entities is as easy as selecting from a dropdown. The simplified workflow has saved hours of work per week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only feature holding Gravity back is the reporting. It meets the basic needs, but it feels outdated, slow, and clunky. Reporting can be enhanced with PowerBI, but this is by no means an easy implementation for none-technical users. My ideal software would merge the rich feature set available in Gravity with the comprehensive and intuitive reporting from QuickBooks. I have been told that Gravity is working on pushing out reporting enhancements and assuming they hit the mark I believe Gravity will become one of the top accounting software on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem Gravity solved for our company is the management of multiple legal entities. There have been noticeable savings in hours associated with the monthly/quarterly financial consolidations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

First off it is very easy to use. We are in the construction business and it is very important for us to pay our vendors when we receive payment from the job. With Gravity I am easily able to select what vouchers to pay based on job. This has really helped our cashflow, only pay when you receive. We have a couple of regions and it is very important for us to be able to accurately track and produce financial statements by region. With the strong controls in Gravity, I am able to require the region to be filled in on any transaction associated with a general ledger account and report on it. A single entry allows me to post entries to the region, job and work type. We have been able to grow our business by 300% with Gravity because we have all the details to manage the business. The screens are all customizable and I have been able to remove and rearrange the data entries screens to remove any fields that I don't use. This has made data entry much quicker and easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been very happy with the system. I don't really like scrolling down on some of the screens to get to the distribution lines. I am reviewing the new release and everything is in tabs, which I really like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We used QuickBooks before and this has really helped us grow our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem was getting accurate reporting by region and job. As well as managing my cash. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The multi entity capabilities are critical for our company(ies). We have nine+ entities and the time saved with the intercompany transactions has been a game changer. Only having to make one entry was a big reason we choose Gravity. A double bonus that it is built on the same platform as our CRM (MS Dynamics 365). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more efficient and standard reporting available in addition to some connectors to widely used products such as Concur and payroll platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to push a "button" to transfer clients and customers from our CRM into Gravity has helped save time and eliminate user error by manual entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Software is flexible and cloud based making it perfect for our current environment and allowing remote or onsite work. Software conforms to most business setups and allows for customization far beyond most of the competition. Since it is cloud based it is always available and updates are always applied immediately. Technical service is always available and quick to respond to any questions or customizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the Intercompany setups and reporting can be a challenge to navigate. Email integration can be a challenge depending on server setups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A current accounting software that keeps up with our business and technology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The multi-entity features in Gravity are great - makes it so easy to create transactions across entities without having to move in and out of multiple datasets. One transaction creates and balances all due / to / from accounts - saves a tremendous amount of time and productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The import engine is part of the Microsoft Platform and can be slow on very large imports. Some imports have been streamlined by Gravity and as these increase, the Platform imports will not be an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing inter-entity transactions efficiently allows for massive time savings without errors - month end processing is reduced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That I can be able to find everything I need on the dashboard. It's user friendly which makes it easier to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the period of time I have used it I came across to many glitches which has delayed my daily tasks which affected my performance. Some of these errors affected my balance sheet which made me have to take additional steps and investigate what triggered it and reach out to your support team so it could be corrected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a user friendly software. Very limited steps to get your down. There support team is there to help you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Had issues with Check issuance, vouchers not matching amount entered, voucher import, check import. After these issues were addressed John was able to fix them and it has made the process less stressful and quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Mandy Vogt of Gravity Software

We are very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. We understand that the custom 3rd party workflow approval system you are using has caused some interference with Gravity's standard functions. We are already working with the 3rd party to get these issues fixed for you.

Chief Executive Officer
What do you like best?

Ease of use. The dashboard is very functional and easy to navigate. The service from the Gravity team is exceptional and beyond the norm. When they say they want to be a partner, they truly mean it and have shown it to me in remarkable ways! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My own impatience when waiting for a report that previously took hours to prepare, now takes a couple of minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gravity is so easy to use and the transition was so smooth! Have your accounts in order and the implementation will be painless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to create and prepare reports that roll up all 17 of our separate companies with ease. Working remotely, especially during the pandemic has been phenomenal! In fact, although I contracted Covid, I was able to continue with my job and it was a saving factor! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Gravity is built on a strong platform that provides flexibility and ease of use. The people at the company are great to work with. They have a unique ability to uncover ways to improve business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no major dislikes of the product or company. The product is easy to use which reduces the number of issues we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product and company is great and easy to work with. They continue to solve business issues and make it easier to do business in our changing economy. You can't go wrong when working with this company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needed a strong financial solution at a reasonable cost. The ROI is achieved rapidly. Gravity's multi company capability and ease of use makes it a great choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how user-friendly the software is to navigate and how much less we are paying per month! We are integrating our logistics software (Enverus) to automate our A/R billing in Gravity, which will save many hours keying invoice data for over 1,000 invoices per month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a bit slow but sounds like there is an upgrade available here in a couple of days that will fix the speed issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using a job costing feature which helps us be able to see our profitability on a job basis in addition to by business unit, equipment and department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The reporting capabilities that Gravity has makes getting the information I need easy. The customizable aspects of the program worked exactly as presented. Couldn't be happier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The rendering of reports, posting, and search queries can sometimes take a while to complete, but never so long that they time out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a cost effective, easy to use accounting solution, it doesn't get any better than Gravity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's really a great accounting solution at a reasonable cost. Having all the information readily available has given us the ability to make important financial decisions quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

No more getting in and out of the programs. Automatically records both sides of the entries. Gravity has all of the benefits of other programs out there and it's a step above most others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not an entry-level program, but that's ok. Not intended to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are numerous YouTube Videos up that guide you in your decision-making process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitely a time-saver. Again, no more in and out. Or out of balance issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the Multi-Entity Capability features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were other connections into 3rd party software such as Expensify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gravity is a great fit for companies that need to step up and move away from Quickbooks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gravity is allowing our team to be on the same platform; ERP, CRM and Field Service allowing for a 360 degree view of our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

user friendly, speedy help to my questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

a dedicated customer service line would be helpful, but I always get the help I need in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

basic accounting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.