Gradelink Reviews & Product Details

Gradelink Overview

What is Gradelink?

Administrators, help your school save time, improve enrollment and fulfill its mission. Standards, grades, lesson plans, communication tools, reporting, Google Classroom integration and more — all in one integrated platform that's easy to use. Gradelink is entirely internet-based so you and your staff can work anywhere, making it ideal for bolstering distance learning. Plus you'll enjoy personalized training and support — at no additional charge.

Gradelink Details
English, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Easy-to-use software to help your school save time, improve enrollment and fulfill its mission

Gradelink
2001
Foothill Ranch, CA
@Gradelink
344 Twitter followers

Art Director

Gradelink Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Gradelink community
Have you used Gradelink before?

Gradelink Reviews

Showing 32 Gradelink reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Gradelink?
What do you like best?

I really appreciate the configuration of the grade sheet. I used to have to do the average by hand, and it is great that everything is calculated automatically, both for the student in the quarter and for the average student in each task. The copying, pasting and bumping lessons are great tools too. It is also easy to adapt or adapt much better as needed than to delete plans from a schedule book if things are not quite as expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ability to block non-school days is something I would appreciate in the course plans. This would help plan a holiday so that lesson plans can be missed over those days. The design of color. It is also helpful for the grading board to differentiate between students by alternating colors / colors, as you can set in excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In order to obtain an online grading and information system, I recommend Gradelink to another school. It's a simple and easy transition. The new system has hardly any downtime to be adjusted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gradelink was a big saver of time and a key to organizing yourself with your lesson plans. The communication among faculty members has improved. Has made report cards and transcripts easy to produce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to break down my lesson plans into different categories and color coating them is awesome too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Resigning in everytime I come to my computer. The setup of class conclusion is difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing my time and class schedule is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We’re glad you’re making good use of Gradelink, Aaron! We understand that having to sign in each time can be annoying, however, we work to ensure the security of all accounts. For convenience, your administrator can adjust the time it takes for Gradelink to automatically log you out.

UP
What do you like best?

The use of transcripts being completed and publishing the report cards on line for parents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to use when you are an administrator and primary teacher of certain grades/classes. You have to set up several profiles to be able to do both jobs. The financial area still needs to be work on to further its usability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great for small private school; because it allows for pricing per number of students; as well as addressing small school issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transcripts, reaching parents through mass emails and leaving notes for students, staff and parents to be able to know upcoming events Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

It’s wonderful to know that Gradelink is working so well for your school! Please talk with your support rep about using Gradelink as both an administrator and a teacher to see if there’s a more efficient way of working.

UE
What do you like best?

It is very easy to enter grades and you can change them at any time if you want to 👍.Best and easiest way to communicate with the parents of your students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not that easy to review the previous quarters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very easy and convenient way to gather your data as being a teacher it is a blessing for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can do all the work on gradelink including lesson plans, attendance and grading so I don't need to waste the journals and planners now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Thank you for sharing how well Gradelink is working for you as a teacher.

UP
What do you like best?

Easy communication with parents. Quick to update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to read across lines of grading. It can be difficult to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s pretty easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Makes grading more tolerable overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

It’s good to hear that Gradelink is making your job easier!

Assistant Principal
Education Management
What do you like best?

For me, the best part about gradelink is they are always working to improve their platform, and in terms of customer service, there is absolutely no one better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find the interfaces difficult sometimes, and it is not always intuitive. It is customizable, however, there is a lot of repetitive information input in order to get it to function the way you would like. Also, their lesson plans feature looked like a company we were with formerly - Planbook, but when you begin to use it, you notice the slight differences that can be problematic, such as printing a lesson or laying out your lesson plans to include your whole day (including break periods), etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you give yourself time to set up the necessary features, but take comfort in the fact that Gradelink support will help you in two seconds if you get stuck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to integrate a lot of SIS into one place. I really love that I can log into one system for my gradebook, planbook, administration features, and billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

You’re right, Stephanie, we are always working on improvements. That’s why we appreciate feedback like yours because it helps us understands what our customers need.

Head of Lower School/ IB Primary Years Program Coordinator
What do you like best?

Gradelink is the first information system our school has had-what a wonderful tool! As Head of the Lower School, this system provides me with easy access to every student, family, and classroom. There are many useful components, and in our third year I feel that we are still discovering ways to use Gradelink. To have lesson plans, parent communication, family info, and grading all in one place has made my job much easier! Thank you, Gradelink! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In our short experience, we have struggled the most with feedback from parents about the Gradelink parent app. As a parent of a student myself, I find it much easier to log in on a desktop; however, if the app were more user friendly I think our parents would check things more frequently-making communication between home and school even easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use system for a great cost! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

It’s good to hear Gradelink is making your job easier, Alison! And thank you for your feedback on the student/parent mobile app; if you have ideas, we’d love to hear them.

Front Desk Receptionist
Education Management
What do you like best?

The easy to which you can move from screen to is great. Allows for different functions to be performed without having to have multiple programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Concluding semesters before some are ready to move into the next semester can cause some problems, but it isn't a deal breaker and I am sure this will be addressed in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gradelink is a great program and will just continue to get better as time allows for bugs to be worked out and other features added. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gradelink allows us to do many different things and not have to learn multiple programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We’re glad you’re getting so much out of Gradelink, Dadrian!

Elementary Teacher
What do you like best?

I love being able to file and find scores over all of the classes I teach in one central location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't enter new quarter w/o clearing old. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives parents easy access to grades and enables me as a teacher to assess where students need more help with an open line of communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We love hearing that Gradelink is making life easier for you as a teacher, Janna! When you’re ready to start a new quarter, please contact your support rep, who’ll be happy to walk you through it without getting rid of anything from the previous one.

UE
What do you like best?

Easy to use.

Flexible.

Most tools are right where you need them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have found that the integration of the calendar on their mobile app is missing. No ability to sync with Google so all school events can incorporate into other calendars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend except for no calendar integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account tracking and billing is simplified and professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Good news: Adding the calendar to the app and integration with Google Classroom are in development, so stay tuned for updates.

Administrator/Principal
What do you like best?

I like that Gradelink is the most intuitive electronic grade and information system that I have ever used. I have been teaching for 19 years. A few of the other programs that I have used have been cumbersome for either the teacher or the parents to access information. Gradelink is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can have great difficulty reaching someone by phone for support because the phone number is not published widely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My school needs an integrated way to enter grades, attendance, managed contact and financial data. This program is helpful because one system helps us address these needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Our development team works hard to make Gradelink as easy to use as possible, so they appreciate your feedback, Chris! Sorry you’ve had a hard time finding our number. Please contact us at 800-742-3083 or service@gradelink.com whenever you need anything. Help is also available by clicking on the question mark icon at the top of the Gradelink screen.

AE
What do you like best?

Ease of setup and access to help desk. . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are too many features that have to be paid for as extras compared to other systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to let the parents have the grades at there fingertips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Thank you for your input. While we do have a few premium features that involve fees, Gradelink includes a comprehensive list of features at no additional cost, including support and training. For a full list, please go to gradelink.com/features.

AE
What do you like best?

Transcripts available at the click of a button. Texting parents, whole groups (classes), ability to schedule texts and emails to go out at a prime time (after dinner). Re-enrollment is awesome. Ability to keep track of allergies and medical information. We give our after school care staff a list of students allergies so they don't have to wonder. (after the office staff has left, they still have it). It really is an awesome product. We are now using the Calendar feature, showing which tests and quizzes students have on which days so the parents can keep up with it easily. Updating Transcripts is very easy to do. As an administrator, my favorite feature ever is the COMMUNICATE feature. I can choose individuals or choose one class. If you don't use Gradelink, consider it! It's helping us tremendously with our communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like for parents to NOT have to choose the next grade level for re-enrollment; I'd like it to be automatic.

I'd like for them to have to check a box that says all contact information is correct at each prompt because they don't look at it and then after school starts we have to go in and change emails, phone numbers, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to navigate, holds everything in one spot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's nice to have everything in one spot. It's great to use re-enrollment, and the text option is awesome! Only would like teachers to have that ability, instead of admins only. I am an admin, but not privy to costs of using the product, terms, etc. That would be more of an office manager question. I use Gradelink daily, text, email and keep up with students. It is really an awesome product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Good to hear you’re getting so much out of Gradelink! Please get in touch with your service rep so we can help you iron out the problems you’ve been having with re-enrollment. Our goal is to make your life easier!

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

The ease of entering information and the help available online whether it be by chatting or looking at the FAQs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am disappointed with EnrollMe. Does not satisfy our specific needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Regarding pricing and terms-I have no knowledge of costs etc. This is not my area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is the parents' responsibility to check their student's progress. This lessens the load for the teacher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We’re sorry you’ve been disappointed with EnrollMe (online enrollment), Lorraine. Please talk with your service rep to see how we can help you be successful with it.

School Administrator
What do you like best?

The access to Gradelink through the app is very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a teacher/administrator app implemented as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their customer support is very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication is a big asset! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Glad you like the app, Carol! An app for teachers and administrators is on our to-do list, but we don’t have any release dates yet.

AE
What do you like best?

It is all in one - bookkeeping, grades, classes, students, addresses etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't had it long enough to know yet. It was a bit of a struggle to get all the classes and grades in but we had great help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bookkeeping is easy to set up and understand. We don't need to save it to a drive at the end of the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Sounds like you’re getting a lot out of Gradelink right from the start!

What do you like best?

Customer Service is wonderful! Most recently have worked with Mitch, but ALL the tech folks are awesome! I didn't grow up with computers, so they can be a challenge for me. The staff is most patient and helpful with all of my questions. As far as a business is concerned, the staff either can make it or breaks it. I would give them a 10! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the written explanations are a bit difficult. Brief bullet points would be helpful as far as directions are concerned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is my first experience with Grading software and it has been a good experience. I am feeling comfortable using it on a daily basis. It does not have all the "bells and whistles" that all of the others may have, but it meets my needs well. The support staff is wonderful and is available whenever I have a question Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is our first grading software and we have used it now for six years. It really helps the teachers not to have to do them by hand, although there is a learning curve initially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

You put a smile on Mitch’s and rest of the support team’s faces, Marti! Gradelink has a wealth of features, with more being added all the time. One way to learn what’s new is to subscribe to our newsletter at gradelink.com/newsletter.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that there is everything in one place, making all the things I do quick and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The provided html link for our school calendar does not allow a whole lot of customization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Like I said it takes care of Grades, contacts, text messages etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it!

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

customer service is awesome. They always do their best. Their team is friendly and quickly responsive. If a call back is needed they always meet the expectation and agreed on time frame. Some of the original crew even know my voice from frequent calls and they seem genuinely happy to hear from me. Their customer service hours meet my needs.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

financial tab doesn't always work to my specific needs but the customer service people get right on it to help resolve the issue.. In the financial area the reports they provide are very comprehensive. They offer the ability to download in multiple apps and are constantly revising their product to meet our schools needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the Gradelink team a chance to fulfill your business needs. They are a great company who have always seen to it that they understood my needs and have tried to meet those needs in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

tracking school information. We have been able to track all requested information. We are able to produce all needed reports on a timely basis. As new needs have arisen Gradelink has been very responsive in helping us meet our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We work hard to keep our customers happy, so we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how well we’re doing!

What do you like best?

I like the way the transcripts are separated. Looking up reports is easy as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The discipline report. When I want to print it out, it is too wide and several pages. Wish it was smaller. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have videos that help with finding things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gradelink is our schools grading site. We put all our information on it for other schools and parents. Parents being able to see the kids grades and discipline has helped with both. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Roy, please call or email your service rep and they’ll be happy to assist you with discipline reports. To find lots of helpful information – including videos – on all kinds of features, click on the yellow question mark at the top of the screen in Gradelink.

What do you like best?

This website is pretty easy to manage and use. It's easy to work around and figure out what to do and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It tends to crash a lot and I need to log in and log out a lot so that I can continue doing what I need to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just being able to easily use it along with other teachers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Sorry you’re having problems with crashing, Amber. It most likely has to with the browser you’re using or your internet connection. Please contact your service rep at 800-742-3083 or service@gradelink.com and we’ll be happy to help you get it figured out.

AE
What do you like best?

I like that I can enter everything into the platform and keep track of everything. Also, that parents can use the parent portal for so many things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i do not like that I can not make some customized changes myself, especially to the on line application. Also, that parents can submit the online application without paying required fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Centralizing documentation. Allowing parents to access application through a link and also giving them the ability to download and upload documentation through the online application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Sorry that you’re frustrated about not being able to make some of the changes yourself. While most settings can be changed by users, some, like EnrollMe, can only be done on our end. We’re always happy to help, so please let us know what adjustments you’d like to make. Also, ask about Gradelink Payments and we’ll see if we can work out a solution for paying application fees online.

AE
What do you like best?

The email, voicemail and text functions and the CRM functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system does not remain within a child's record when moving from one tab to another (ie. financial tab to student tab). You must re-enter the child's last name and select the correct child. It would be very helpful to be able to move between all tabs and maintain your position within a particular child and/or family information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Parent communications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

Thank you for your feedback because it’s an important part of our ongoing product development. We really do listen to what our users have to say.

5th grade teacher
What do you like best?

I like the way the report card looks when it's all over and that you can customize your class titles etc. And the people at customer service are amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that you cannot customize your template. We have wanted a different template for so long and have been told we cant. I also don't find the program user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We only use it for report cards and for student family information/ organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We want you to get the most out of Gradelink, Beth, so please take advantage of our free training resources for admins and teachers at community.gradelink.com. There, you’ll also find a wealth of information on Gradelink’s many other features, like lesson plans, communication tools, scheduling, enrollment and more.

What do you like best?

We like being able to have report cards on line, transcripts available at a click, and quick access to parent contact information. We LOVE Enrollme! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to have Gradelink collect our tuition and offer collections in that area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With the exception of the tuition/financial collections, we are very happy with Gradelink. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have basically gone paperless with Gradelink. Without Gradelink, that would not be possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Phil Moffitt of Gradelink

We’re thrilled that Gradelink is working so well for you and has allowed you to go paperless, Kathlene! And thank you for letting us know what you’d like to see improved because it helps us with product development.