GorillaDesk Reviews & Product Details

GorillaDesk Overview

What is GorillaDesk?

GorillaDesk has helped thousands of business owners just like you grow their business, organize their operations, empower their technicians, and wow their customers with one powerful, easy-to-use tool. Best of all, it doesn’t matter what industry you work in—pest control, lawn care, pool cleaning, or something in between—we have everything you need to build the business you’re dreaming of: an all-in-one software solution and world-class Customer Success team.

GorillaDesk Details

One of the greatest benefits of using GorillaDesk is the overall simplicity of the application. GorillaDesk works hard to create a program which is easy to understand and straight to the point.

We know we aren't the only show in town, but we are the highest-ranked, plus our pricing beats most competitors' hands down. But if you really want to know what makes GorillaDesk so special, it's our long-term commitment to your success.

We're passionate about helping business owners create a company they love leading and a life they love living. We're proud to be the only software provider promising excellence in usability, service, and functionality.

- Usability: Software is supposed to make your life easier, not harder. GorillaDesk is designed to be simple to use so you can get up and running quickly.

- Service: Behind every successful business owner is a strong support network. Our Customer Support team is 100% dedicated to your success with GorillaDesk.

- Functionality: Together, our features transform your business one step at a time. GorillaDesk helps with marketing, office management, field operations, and more.

GorillaDesk
Boca Raton, FL
@gorilladesk
469 Twitter followers

GorillaDesk Videos

GorillaDesk Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the GorillaDesk community
Have you used GorillaDesk before?

GorillaDesk Reviews

Showing 37 GorillaDesk reviews
Already have GorillaDesk?
What do you like best?

Making payments is intuitive for my customers should they pay by card, and processing payments on my end could not be any simpler.

I am just starting out my company, but I feel the software can be scaled up and allows me to automate and grow my operation at whatever pace I can handle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently the system doesn’t allow me to upload data from devices which I would need for accounts that require trend reports. A more comprehensive integration of field devices would be nice.

I also wish they had a form for sanitation reports for my commercial restaurant accounts. Though for a fee I can have my own form uploaded so that is a minor inconvenience.

I wish there was an an ability to generate more precise material use reports to extrapolate the quantity of concentrated materials from dilation rates instead of the total diluted application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pricing is up front and you aren’t nickle and dimed for every feature/module. It’s intuitive and presents a professional looking public face for your customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I enjoy the ability to send automated follow up emails to get ahead of any potential problems before they materialize and have a customer grow irritated before I realize it.

Taking payments in the field is simple and intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/CEO
What do you like best?

The reduction of administrative time with client interactions. One person can reschedule hundreds of job on rain days, send email and text messages , invoice and follow-up in minutes.

A close second would be the technical support. Our experience with the Gorilla Desk support has been exceptional. New functionality sets are often added to Gorilla Desk which often provide great benefit to us. Sometimes we have questions about new things. Their support is top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is really nothing I dislike about the existing functionality of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think through your data and information needs before you build out the database. (i.e. Items, Services, material usage, automated messaging, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling Jobs and Tasks - easily assign and move work items around.

Improved Technician Experience - Routing, on the way messaging, note taking and documentation

Department of Agriculture Record Keeping - The logs weather, materials usage and other required documentation elements

Invoicing and Client Ease of Payment - the system automatically sends invoices and reminders. Smooth and seamless online payment gateway

Marketing -Client communication, asking for online reviews is seamless, accessing client data based on previous services for target marketing campaigns, etc.

Planning - Reports showing sales forecasts, marketing sources, new client acquisition and other data helps in long-term decision making. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

I love how easy Gorilla Desk is to use. They layout is simple. The people at the help desk are always quick to answer any questions that I may have. When I purchased this program I did not have any training on how to use it but yet it was still so simple that I really did not need any. If i got stumped I would reach out to support and they have always been able to direct me in the right path. One of my favorite things about Gorilla Desk is the invoicing option. It keeps up with the past due balances and credits which saves me from a lot of extra work. The reports can be ran easily to see accounts outstanding. It is very detailed including the days that the accounts are overdue. I cant imagine using any other pest control routing software. Oh and at the end of the year, it makes getting records together for tax purposes a lot simpler who would not want that!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I batch move a whole day, it will move it to a day that I did not chose. When this happens it usually moves them to a different month which throws my reports off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend trying Gorilla Desk, It is so simple to setup and the people at the help desk are quick to answer and resolve, if needed, any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The reports are helping me to see where we profit the most. I am also using some of the reports to help me keep track of material usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that this system is so incredibly easy to learn, even on the fly. As a small business (Hubby & wife team), we don't have time for a lengthy training/learning curve. With this program, we spent maybe an hour learning the important ins and outs and got to the business of running our business. They are the ONLY company I've ever known to have a "suggestions" section where clients can request changes/upgrades and let others not only see the requests but vote to have them made?!?

As a prior owner of a technology company that also wrote our own software and provided customer service, so my expectations where H I G H. GD has met and exceeded every single need I have had. The customer service is so far above par, I can't even begin to sing all their praises! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I have is that a couple of functions take too many "clicks" on the mobile version. To take payment in the field is a bit "clicky", but functions exactly as it should. Also to look up a client on a mobile is a couple of extra clicks.

With as many functions as are available, a few annoying clicks are ABSOLUTELY worth it. The few dislikes I have, I view as pretty easy to workaround for an overall robust system with superb customer service and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For us, the ability to drag and drop clients (on the desktop) is awesome. Having come from an excel type program with a spreadsheet to keep track of clients to this... OHHHHH man do I save time with remembering when clients need service. For a gal with "directional dysfunction" the maps and routing software is a serious lifesaver. Using the integrated Stripe credit card processing is amazing, and the back office software with Stripe is honestly the easiest I've ever used (and I used to sell CC processing in the prior life, so I've seen most of them). Changes in the field are super quick and easy. The ability to scan and report on monitoring devices was critical for a couple of clients, and GD makes this seamless and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Representative
What do you like best?

The software itself does all that it claims to do and is very customizable. The best part is the support; if a feature is missing or a technical issue needs resolved, the team is all over it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be a little glitchy and the app is useless without an internet connection. Glitches have been addressed since I began using it but the one that persists is the color coding (or lack thereof) in the app -- when I change the status of the service it does not change in the calendar at-a-glance. So I have to click on each service to see if it's been complete, canceled or incomplete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No recommendations whatsoever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to track all work, sales, taxes, sales forecasts, and compose estimates from a one stop shop. It's helped me streamline my back of house and accounting in one easy to use interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Scheduling is very easy, adding jobs & invoices very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would like if the clients schedule calendar in desktop version change colors once job is completed and/or not completed for that day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it for free and you will see it works very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GorillaDesk has saved us a tremendous amount of time per day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

GorillaDesk is simple, easy to follow and very easy to maneuver around in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have always told GorillaDesk that I would like to see a daily tally of $$$ at the bottom of each route. That's a minor thing though. It was available to me on the last software that I was using. So I miss it. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GorillaDesk was very easy to convert to despite having numerous customers. They are easily contacted by just reaching out to them via text. They're a great team to work with, and I always appreciate good customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With GorillaDesk, I am able to manage my route for several techs at once. I can move things around easily to make my route most efficient. The jobs move easily between routes, and dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales & Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

GorillaDesk is very user friendly for all of our employees ranging from different ages and technology knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would really enjoy having a termite software option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To save time, use all of the tools that come with the software. There are tools to set up automatic emails, process payments automatically, send text messages and in return, these processes save personal time and improve accuracy with standard procedures. We also add detailed descriptions to all of the services we perform and any important information for the clients to know. It has been very handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We save a lot of time with automatic features and our schedulers do not struggle as much when setting up appointments using their integrated map feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity, the lack of a "activation fee", the lack of a long contract. The app is simple, adequate, and affordable. The customer service is very good! If you ask a question, or call in, someone gets back to you quickly every time. Might not be instant, but within a few short minutes. The training videos are extremely helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app won't save favorite comments, or favorite used chemicals. You have to write your tech comments manually each and every time! Also, when adding chemicals, you have to specify "Gallons" not cubes, and what mix ratio percentage every single time it is used. The gorilla theme with avatars is somewhat childish, and lacking professionalism; although this has no real effect on the usability of the software. Still, I wouldn't call my techs "The Pest Monkeys". Nobody would hire us based on the name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best bang for the buck Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is difficult to organize a route, billing, service notes, etc. The app and software is a make shift administrator. It is necessary for the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It capability to do most all tasks while in the field Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the flow of journal entries on the customers statement was more clear.

Charge, payment, invoice number, etc. was more easily understandable. It’s kinda just grouped together and can make it a little harder to sort out when questions come up. In past programs it was easy to see what payment went to what charge on a print out. To their credit, I have just recently mentioned this to them and they have reported that they are looking into it. I believe they genuinely want to continually improve the product and don’t just dismiss your concerns as unimportant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re looking, I have felt your pain and anxiety in looking for the right solution. I can’t speak for larger companies but for a small operator this is a great solution. It’s well equipped to help you grow your business, simplify your document keeping, bill and get paid electronically as well as print out invoices on the fly for those customers that are not internet or email savvy.(I have those too)

And probably this company’s single most positive attribute is that you can instantly message the company with an issue they get back to you pronto- like instant messenger. That’s hard to find! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly the mobile capability. We are able to work stops from the schedule, add in the field if a neighbor wants to start a service, pull up a customer from elsewhere in the schedule and work it on the fly. No paperwork to carry.

While it can be a little difficult to do all tasks on an iPhone, with a tablet you can pretty much run your show without a pc.

After I put in customer’s information, I can add an agreement (Contract), it will automatically populate the customers info, I type a few words, select a few options, finger sign the form, flip it to my customer for a finger signature, send copy of agreement and receipt to their email and done.

No paperwork to take back to the office and scan in, file away, etc. 👍 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Simple setup and very efficient! Not too many steps to complete tasks! From the time I log on to the time I am ready to leave out of the door takes very little time and effort now because of GorillaDesk software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not as many options as other pest software. The pro option does implement other useful features however. I wish there was a letter postcard word processing feature included. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping up with daily tasks and appointments. Billing chemical reports. GorillaDesk also helps me in the field being able to have the customer sign and bill in the field. Taking Credit cards are a breeze through the GorillaDesk software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We didn’t have any business software, and researched many different options. We decided to go with GD and are 100% satisfied. The software exceeded our expectations and also saved up money and time. We have referred many others to GD since we started using it. The tech support is also extremely responsive and helpful if you have any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we dislike is that we didn’t start using GD sooner.

We have only had connection issues but that is due to poor cellular service due to rural area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have questions, don’t be affraid to ask, also be ready to customized your GD for your business. Take the time to make it work best for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to go paperless!!! Plus eliminate services that might have fallen through the cracks before. We also are able to keep up with billing much easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of inputing Customers, Product and Inventory! Mobile app is super easy to use as well! And the monthly price is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one major thing I would change is when the mobile app is opened, it doesn’t immediately open to the present day. You have to search for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven’t ran into any problems as of yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder / President / Speaker
What do you like best?

Gorilla Desk and easy to use and easy to learn. I love being able to use it on my phone while on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like more options for commissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gorilla Desk is great to small to midsized companies. I am not qualified to recommend it for a large company. The support is great; they understand the pest control industry. Other companies just want to keep upselling you, these guys just want to help run your business as well as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it to run a pest control business. It is great when operating mobily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The website is very east to use. Easy to enter in customers data and track job status. The customer service people are very quick to respond to any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think GorillaDesk is a great platform for small businesses and for techs out on the field because it is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like how it keeps track of all the jobs we have done for each customer as well as what customers have remaining, skipped, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

GorillaDesk is very easy to use, for me as well as my customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that there's anything I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. It is the easiest thing to use. You'll be using it in no time flat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With GorillaDesk, I spend much less time "in the office" than I would otherwise. I used to spend hours a day scheduling, rescheduling, etc... Everything is much easier with GD. I get it all done in an hour or two PER WEEK. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use and intuitive. Everything is just where you would want it to be. I have tried a lot of different software applications, and GorillaDesk was the best value while still providing me all the things I needed to run my business. I couldn't run my business without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the routing were a little more fleshed out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves time in scheduling services and accepting payments. Previously I had to spend hours making phone calls to set up appointments. The automated email/text system now does this for me automatically, and the customers love it. Credit card payments are automatically credited to the customers account with no chance for errors in crediting the customer accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Always responsive to our needs. New features being added at no additional charge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Development times can feel long for customers however GD always delivers and gets it right after he issue is reported. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use and to grow your business with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing a Pest Control business with multiple routes easily from anywhere in the world! Freedom to not have to be in an office and ability to manage in the field or on vacation in Mexico! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

GorillaDesk has come a long ways! I’ve been with them for 4 years now. What stands out the most is the excellent customer service chris and his team provides! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing that I dislike at the moment! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a easy to learn program that’s very effective and continuously improving try out GorillaDesk! I wouldn’t run my business with any other software! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GorillaDesk has helped me streamline all of my tasks which helps reduce administrative work tenfold! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can update accounts out in the field and not have to worry about updating at the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing needs improvement. I would recommend ability to send history of invoices by mobile app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s by far the best software I’ve used for pest control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s saved me a ton of time. The most user friendly program I’ve used. Probably because it was written by a pest control operator. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of use is great. It’s easy to teach our staff how to use the software. Also love the fact that everything is digital and saves us a ton on paperwork. Does everything we need it to do and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What there not to like? We love GorillaDesk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sign up with GorillaDesk and you will not be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling and routing our customers are simple with the sms and mapping features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

The integrations are wonderful. I’m able to create documents and capture signatures in person or remotely as well as send invoices and get paid instantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sketching tool is a little difficult to use. I use a separate graph pad and import picture into customer file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Completely streamlining my business with no paper. All on device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being paperless and the ability to access customer info out in the field is what we like best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some features on the desktop version that is not available with the mobile version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pull the trigger, you won't be dissapponted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Emailing invoices with payment options have saved us a ton of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The seamless transition between my laptop and the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited customer support staff. All of my issues are handled in a timely manner but sometimes if I need a fix right then I don't get it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving routing, billing, inventory tracking and time management with gorilladesk Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The time saving on scheduling. Very efficient ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this point have nothing in mind. Everything is so convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend GorillaDesk to all those Pest Control owners that wants to save time and money efficiently, as well as looking more organized and professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes my work a lot easier, such communicating with customers, finding customers information upon they requested and so on it is really really handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.