Funnel Reviews & Product Details

What is Funnel?

With integrations to all marketing and advertising platforms, Funnel collects, organizes and displays your data in one place. You have the freedom to feed your data to any tool you like, whether it's a data warehouse, BI solution, a visualization tool or a simple spreadsheet. Instead of spending time on data gathering, building and maintaining API connections, use this time to analyze the data and create actionable business insights. From day one, your data will be structured and combined so it makes sense to you. This process doesn't require IT resources or a business analyst to create a new KPI dashboard or report. Funnel brings this power to a business user, so anyone can do it within minutes of getting started.

Funnel Screenshots

1-25 of 69 total Funnel reviews

Funnel Reviews

1-25 of 69 total Funnel reviews
Digital Marketing Manager

"Funnel has allowed us to do more with fewer team members and fewer hours"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Funnel allows you to essentially just combine all of your advertising data from all of the different advertising platforms you use into one big data set that you can then use to create automated reporting dashboards in Google Data Studio. We've saved hundreds, if not thousands, of hours by letting Funnel do the heavy lifting for us, so that we can focus more on analysis and campaign improvements, rather than just compiling the data.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't really think of anything that I dislike about Funnel. The product is great, the service is great, the price we pay for the product is fair and more than makes up for the amount of hours of manual work it saves us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use multiple advertising platforms, you shouldn't hesitate and just buy a Funnel subscription and save yourself a lot of time and energy.

Like I said before, we don't have to spend time manually compiling campaign data from all sources.

Digital Strategy Manager

"A Work-in-Progress but Customer Support Has Been Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Even in areas where Funnel may not excel at the moment, the customer support team has been essential to helping us implement this platform in our reporting/analytics workflow. They've been nothing short of responsive, receptive and helpful when we have questions or suggestions, and they're more than willing to explore creating new API connections for platforms they don't currently support.

What do you dislike?

You won't find every single platform supported in Funnel at the moment. If you're an agency, this might be a problem depending on what platforms you need to report on, but if you're a smaller business, you'll probably find everything you need. It's also important to note that the library of supported/connected apps and platforms is growing regularly, so there's still plenty of room for Funnel to grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work closely with their sales and support team to find out exactly how they can help your business with Funnel. Chances are, if they don't have a feature or support something that you need to right now, they'll be willing to work on updating their platform to support it.

Managing spends across all digital platforms has always been a major challenge, and Funnel allows us to visualize actual vs. budgeted spends on a monthly basis at a glance. In addition, we're currently working Funnel into our monthly reporting workflow, which has always been a massive headache due to its manual nature. Funnel will help us streamline and automate much of that workflow and allow us to focus on analysis and recommendations rather than building reports every month.

Senior Frontend Developer & DBA

"Let us solidly offload our marketing integration efforts"

What do you like best?

The ability to export data tables to S3 for further integration has saved us endless hours for integration; the ability to pick up data from S3 has also been super useful.

What do you dislike?

For what we need, Funnel's the perfect tool. They get data in and organized, we can get what we need out for analysis and comparison. There's nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Integrate your marketing data and get to building your own business analysis!

We're building a data analytics and business intelligence team. Funnel.io took a third of the work off our plate by handling everything marketing, without sacrificing the power to integrate with what we build. The ability to offload the work without giving up control has let us rely on them far more than most tools.

Marketing Specialist

""Great tool to combine Google Analytics data and ad plattform costdata""

What do you like best?

I like the reality the Funnel gives you both Google Analytics information and advertisement plattform information in one spot for extraordinary knowledge on how all advanced diverts are performing as far as traffic, changes and expenses. Extraordinary dashboard and announcing capacities. Simple to utilize and arrangement. You have essentially every measurement there is from Analytics + the cost information from advertisement stages. Supports likewise constructing your very own custom measurements. You can likewise transfer advertisement stage information to Google examination through Funnel which is an exceptionally pleasant component!

What do you dislike?

You won't locate each and every stage upheld in Funnel right now. In case you're an organization, this may be an issue contingent upon what stages you have to give an account of, yet in case you're a littler business, you'll likely discover all that you need. It's additionally essential to take note of that the library of bolstered/associated applications and stages is developing normally, so there's still a lot of space for Funnel to develop.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In the event that you're contributing an inordinate measure of vitality attempting to get a graph of all your mechanized exhibiting spend - this is the mechanical assembly for you (and yes it does all things considered significantly more anyway for me this is the best achievement).

Overseeing spends over every single advanced stage has dependably been a noteworthy test, and Funnel enables us to imagine genuine versus planned spends on a month to month premise initially. Likewise, we're at present working Funnel into our month to month revealing work process, which has dependably been an enormous cerebral pain because of its manual nature. Channel will enable us to streamline and robotize a lot of that work process and enable us to concentrate on examination and proposals instead of structure reports each month.

Consoltant

"automated data collection in marketing and advertising"

What do you like best?

i love funnel for the following reasons

1 it enables our analytical team to provide complete,unified and quality data to our marketing team for the company.

2 our company is data driven it enables our marketer to collect marketing data and visualize it to our company business intelligent systems.

3 it saves time and eliminate errors from manual data entry.

4 it enables us to be in control in how our company is tracking against budget and targets in real time.

5 it enables us to upload advertising cost data to google analytics and addition to it creates dashboard and reports with our marketing team.

What do you dislike?

up to this far we have used this software we have found nothing to dislike it because it`s more helpful and supportive in the field of marketing and advertising.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it makes marketing and advertising easier moreover it increases life span of the company because of providing up to date data hence you are able to compete competitively with other companies.

i recommend it. great experience .

it have improved our company in marketing performance hence it boosts our sales and increase our marketing segmentation.

it have replaced our manual spreadsheet with software hence the data is always up to date which makes us more efficient.

Product Owner
Internet

"great time saver!"

What do you like best?

the plethora of connectors

the bigquery connector that updates regularly every 6 hours

the simplicity of mapping/editing the schema and how it propagates to BigQuery

What do you dislike?

the documentation on what each metric/dimension means is not always 100% accurate

Recommendations to others considering the product:

just be careful when managing multiple reports from the same source. That tends to convolute the warehouse schema . One way around it is to have one export with all data and then views on top of it that simply filter on funnel_source_id

multiple clients with multiple marketing platforms need their data to be collected and displayed to them. Funnel helps us download data from the widest range of marketing platforms with ease so we spend more time with clients discussing strategy

Data Analyst
Retail

"Solve all your problem with gatherig cost data from ANY source"

What do you like best?

- dimension mapping between Google Analytics and AdPlatforms (biggest pain for everybody who uses UTM parameters and would like to map data from Ad services to Google Analytics)

- great service - they really know how to do their job, you can trust them, that they can collect cost data from all systems you need

- greate support - do you have a problem? quick response, and quick reaction with a solution

- export all your data to the warehouse you prefer

What do you dislike?

When you have more country than you manage them separately. It is a minor disadvantage. (Funnel allow you to quickly copy your setting)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do you have more than 5 AdPlatforms? Do you spend 1 day monthly be collecting cost data from them? Think about Funnel.io

We have a 20 different AdPlatforms in 4 countries - we need to automate gathering cost information.

We need to do reporting and use this data in other systems (CRM ...) Funnel alow us just connect GA and AdPlatforms and make greate accurate report thru Data Studio. And with BigQuery export we can use our data everywhere we need. It is time sever. And also they manage all the connection, so it is worth of money.

Funnel UI is very useful to manage a lot of complicated rules for dimension mapping - readable for non-programer. It can use Analyst or Marketing manager as well.

Founder & Growth Marketer

"Awesome Product for Reporting and being Professionnal with Client"

What do you like best?

Funnel is easy to set-up and use. I also love the fact that Funnel auto-tag UTMs in Facebook Ads which saved me countless hours over the months. It saves me time while doing my Weekly Reporting and it shows my clients some professionalism along the way.

Their support is always responsive. I've never waited more than a couple hours sometimes for very complicated answers.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Funnel for more than a year. I found a couple bugs but the product team solved them in just a couple hours.

Weekly Reporting: We used to take 5 hours per week. We now take 1 hour to report to all our clients.

Tagging URLs on Facebook: We used to tag URLs without much granularity (it would take too much time), Funnel does it automatically.

Reporting Center: my clients now access an online portal where they can see all their reporting.

Marketing Manager
Biotechnology

""Assume responsibility for your advertisement spend""

What do you like best?

That I don't need to put in hours a really long time every month, breaking down the entirety of my traffic sources. Channel gives me all that I need initially.

The client support is extremely incredible too and not just have I took in huge amounts of stuff from them yet additionally do they offer extraordinary preparing inside the device, help setting up your dashboards and substantially more.

What do you dislike?

Nothing truly. I had a few issues with systems/channels that required some work to add to my dashboards yet the help group bailed me out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In case you're investing an excessive amount of energy endeavoring to get a diagram of all your computerized showcasing spend - this is the apparatus for you (and yes it does as such substantially more however for me this is the greatest success).

Like I referenced previously, Funnel makes my life so a lot simpler with regards to picturing my advertisement spend. In light of that I can undoubtedly observe where I might overspend and where I can spend more.

Data Scientist
Internet

"Funnel = Simple set up"

What do you like best?

The support team is always willing to help. Besides of that, they can bring you better ways to tackle your problem using the Funnel features.

The capability to export data to BigQuery is amazing.

This new feature to implement custom dimensions is very useful.

What do you dislike?

There isn't an implementation to filter results on data explorer view.

It would be nice if I could use custom dimensions as an option in the rules to create a dimension.

It would be nice if the migration process could be run more frequently. Maybe add an option to run the migration process hourly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to save time and get excellent results, then use Funnel.io.

Gathering cost data from different ad platforms.

* Benefits

- The time consumed by our developers on creating our cost importers can be now used to develop new features on our site.

Social Media Strategist

"Great for analyzing advertising spending and budget"

What do you like best?

Funnel makes viewing in house expenses, as well as external expenses and spending easily trackable. To be able to share data to Google Analytics (even for channels that aren't affiliated with Google) helps a lot/makes the job easy especially when it saves SO much time on manual entry.

What do you dislike?

I don't have too much to dislike about Funnel.io considering mostly every time I have used this software, it has given me no problem - it is user friendly, very manageable, easy to analyze, import and export.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend Funnel.io for its ease of use and functionality in the fact the program learns and analyzes numbers better than people (scary, huh)?

Solving the problem of spending countless hours manually entering budget and spending information, whereas Funnel (literally) analyzes costs thoroughly, all from one place. I guess that's why they named the program Funnel!

Paid Media Manager

"Funnel.io is Great For Data Presentation & Organization"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create custom dimensions that span across all of my data sources to 'funnel' into Google Data Studio.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is higher than a few competitors. I dislike that it is required to pay for additional non-ad data sources per-source.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If Supermetrics doesn't do what you want, then Funnel.io is the next best thing!

We are visualizing data and pulling data from many data sources without being well-versed in each platform's API. I've realized that companies alter their API often and Funnel.io must remain on-top-of updates to ensure data reliability.

"Great timesaver with simple setup"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, especially how easy it is to set up new connections to different data sources. Also very intuitive setup of dimensions to group data. Great and quick dashboards that makes it possible to get a realtime overview of all your marketing channels without any manual work.

What do you dislike?

Detailed information on users/sessions from Google Analytics can not be imported.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you spend way too much time collecting data from different advertising dashboards and summing it up in Excel then Funnel is a perfect fit for you. A great tool to get a realtime view of your marketing spend without any hassle.

The best benefit is all the time we save on not mining data from several different systems and try to sum it up in Excel.

"Such a timesaver!"

What do you like best?

Seamless and easy way to integrate ad spends across countless networks, and automatically produce reports. What used to take up to an hour to run now I can do in 10 minutes!

What do you dislike?

Nothing - plus support responses are really quick and helpful so if there is an issue or error it's addressed quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go on the free trial, and make sure you set up your custom dimensions. Use Funnel's excellent resources!

Reporting across our business on marketing spends is so much easier now - pushing all the data into google sheets means we can present data studio reports to internal and external stakeholders without the pain of countless excel shreadsheets flying back and forwards.

"Great Product with the Support to back it up"

What do you like best?

Their customer support is fantastic. Whenever I have an issue they are quick to get it resolved. The product has simplified our lives and given us greater insight into our marketing spend. We spend across about 10+ channels at any given time. Funnel allows us to ditch the spreadsheet and the chore of pulling spend data from every channel every day.

What do you dislike?

They don't have control over when channels update their APIs. For instance, we had an issue getting spend data from Pinterest for a while. Something tells me it wasn't negligence of Funnel's side but just Pinterest changing their API.

The initial problem was to eliminate the daily chore of retrieving and summarizing our ad spend every day. One member of our growth team was responsible for this and the process was just awful. Funnel eliminated that chore and automatically pulls all the spend data into our DB. In addition, we have been more granular data we can report on and alert our marketing managers on which Ads have the highest ROAS.

Sr. Demand Generation Analyst

"Great Platform for Consolidating Ad Platform Data"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and includes pretty much every ad platform you can think of. The data explorer lets you combine different sources to make cross-channel trends quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how there is no ad-level or page-level data included. I feel like this is a big miss and it will need to be included in the future for it to work long-term.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It integrates nicely into Google Data Studio. You will likely still need another software to make the actual final reports. Go into it with the knowledge that ad-level and page-level data isn't collected through this platform.

We have been able to automate cross-channel reporting. This saves a ton of time on reporting.

E-handelschef
Retail

"Take control of your ad spend"

What do you like best?

That I don't have to spend hours hours and hours each month, analyzing all my traffic sources. Funnel gives me everything I need at a glance.

The customer support is really great as well and not only have I learnt tons of stuff from them but also do they offer great training within the tool, help setting up your dashboards and much more.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I had some issues with networks/channels that needed some work to add to my dashboards but the support team helped me out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're spending way too much time trying to get an overview of all your digital marketing spend - this is the tool for you (and yes it does so much more but for me this is the biggest win).

Like I mentioned before, Funnel makes my life so much easier when it comes to visualizing my ad spend. Based on that I can easily see where I may be overspending and where I can spend more.

It also makes reporting within the organization so much smoother and I don't have to spend as much time in meetings, explaining things, anymore.

Performance Manager

"Great tool to combine Google Analytics data and ad plattform costdata"

What do you like best?

I like the fact the Funnel gives you both Google Analytics data and ad plattform data in one place for great insight on how all digital channels are performing in terms of traffic, conversions and costs. Great dashboard and reporting capabilities. Easy to use and setup. You have basically every metric there is from Analytics + the cost data from ad platforms. Supports also building your own custom metrics. You can also upload ad platform data to Google analytics through Funnel which is a very nice feature!

What do you dislike?

Nothing bad to say about Funnel. It delivers what I expect. I've had some problems with data discrepancies regarding ecom transactions but the Funnel team helped with that fast with manual uploads of sales data. The data explorer feature could be a bit more intuitive and I've had a hard time figuring out how to match all the sources to different dimensions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend everyone to try out Funnel if you need good forecasting capabilities for marketing channels and comparison on current and past performance. This gives you a quick way of seeing trends both good or bad.

Forecasting spend, traffic and sales levels for given periods. I'm able to just in minutes get a overall look of our spend levels and where we are going to land on totals and individual marketing channels. I can also easily compare past performance with current performance and see trends very quickly.

System Engineer
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Funnel makes my life so substantially simple"

What do you like best?

That I don't need to put in hours a really long time every month, dissecting all my movement sources. Channel gives me all that I require initially.

The client bolster is extremely incredible too and not just have I learnt huge amounts of stuff from them yet additionally do they offer awesome preparing inside the apparatus, help setting up your dashboards and substantially more.

What do you dislike?

Nothing truly. I had a few issues with systems/channels that required some work to add to my dashboards however the help group bailed me out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In case you're investing an excessive amount of energy attempting to get a diagram of all your advanced promoting spend.

Funnel makes my life so substantially simpler with regards to picturing my promotion spend. In view of that I can without much of a stretch see where I might overspend and where I can spend more.

It additionally makes revealing inside the association so much smoother and I don't need to invest as much energy in gatherings, clarifying things, any longer.

Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer

"Within an hour of signing up for Funnel, we automated weekly reporting for all 40 of our clients."

What do you like best?

Funnel integrates with all the ad networks (not just the big 3) to connect your spend data to your google analytics conversion data. It's extremely easy to connect to a new channel, and their custom dashboards let you report on performance in really any way you need to. Their customer service is brilliant, and they're refreshingly honest about what the product doesn't (yet) do.

What do you dislike?

Funnel does not currently connect with analytics packages other than GA, like Mixpanel, and for the data to associate correctly the campaign name needs to match your utm_campaign. If these two limitations were solved I'd give Funnel a 10/10.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you aren't using Google Analytics, or you aren't doing much paid marketing, this probably isn't for you. However if you are, this is the perfect product.

We use Funnel for our weekly performance reporting for clients. It has saved us at least 3-4 hours a week per strategist at our agency, and the pricing is really reasonable for what you get.

(Myself Only)

"I recommend this - with a caveat"

What do you like best?

ok. Funnel.io is POWERFUL.

We use this for campaigns and cant imagine using anything else. This saved us multiple times, from a broken middle funnel. Most of our customers were not buying.. and couldnt figure out why?! SO with we gave funnel.io a shot.

note: the caveat. This will only be effective if you have a lot of data points to work from . you MUST have run experiements, or have team available who can read data.

end note. so with that beiing said. funnel heps bring all data points together to vew data, and customers in a visual journey. very cool!

What do you dislike?

the price.

it's quite pricey, and we use this for big campaigns, if i had more clients, im sure i would use it more. i wisht here was a cheaper solution with limited features. or fremium

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Funnel io is great iusually recommend this for hugh product launches, both startup and enterprises.

highly complex behavorial funnels

Head of Digital Marketing
Financial Services

"A great product that just continues to improve"

What do you like best?

The channels and custom reports.

I also really like the web explorer and easy data upload features.

The custom reports specific to Crowdcube are also highly beneficial in learning how our marketing funnel is building and developing.

What do you dislike?

No attribution reporting, no google sheets yet! More LTV insight and analysis.

No link to google sheets yet.

The Reporting suite is not yet good enough and I have after time stopped using it.

The site product navigation could be a little improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Funnel is an additional cost on top of your analytics suite. However the insight and granularity is excellent. If you want to be an advanced marketer then you need to view the whole funnel and report on it. Not just but channel or source medium.

First Click, Last click, a full funnel view thats better than GA. Non sampled data and attribution.

Technical Support Engineer
Telecommunications
(10,001+ employees)

"Funnel.io help me."

What do you like best?

I like this tool because I can do my work very quickly and I don't have to spend so much time each day, I don’t need to check daily all my traffic. At the moment Funnel provides me all I need. I like the customer support and they can give you a nice training about the tool, they can help you how to set up your Google Analytics data.

What do you dislike?

Too much stuff and functions on dashboard. Some features are not intuitive and I have to search for them in order to get help on how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please check out Funnel if you want some nice forecasting features for business and marketing.

This great tool Funnel.io help me to see the financial reports like ROI and I can see these costs automatically and I don’t need to set up manual data.

"Automation at its best"

What do you like best?

The ease of use combined with the time we've saved from manual reporting and automatically exporting data to google sheets.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. It just doesn't integrate with one of our small channels, but only because that channel doesn't provide the information we need to be able to get accurate data. But Funnel did try and integrate. It works with every other channel though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to build out your own custom dimensions, it helps add granularity to reporting.

Automation. It was previously a very manual process of getting cost data by different channels and dimensions, now it's automated and flows into Google sheets. We went a step further and push that data into our own BI tool so we can see additional metrics based on our own data.

Client Director

"Great Marketing Analytics Tool for Online Marketers"

What do you like best?

I like the best that I finally have a single platform for all cost data. I get data from all my clients ad platforms into Funnel and can hence easily see what is working and what isn't. This saves me a lot of hours on a weekly basis and gives me greater control in general.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that Funnel wasn't invented earlier. I've wasted weeks of my life doing something that Funnel could've done for me automatically.

Reporting for all my clients. One of the biggest benefits with Funnel is that I have always up-to-date data under the same roof and that I can see and compare ROI from all platforms. Being able to group data and create custom dimensions is also a great feature to have when working with multi-market e-commerce companies.

Funnel Features