FileZilla Reviews & Product Details

FileZilla Overview

What is FileZilla?

FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Support is available through our forums, the wiki and the bug and feature request trackers.

FileZilla Details

FileZilla
N/A
@fillezca
236 Twitter followers
Answer a few questions to help the FileZilla community
Have you used FileZilla before?

FileZilla Reviews

Showing 613 FileZilla reviews
Already have FileZilla?
Senior Engineer SDM
Software Developer
What do you like best?

Filezilla should be the default FTP client that you must have. I use it to quickly transfer files between local machines and remote servers, It the best free solution to my most frequent actions I do at work, uploading files to servers, also it's easy to use for everyone, even if you are a novice user, is easy to understand, thanks to the intuitive interface, since it connects directly between machines no need to use any cloud service to transfer files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe it would be really useful to add an SSH command line and SSH key generation to easily perform more actions on the server without switching to another program for example you can upload a .zip file easily, but you need to switch to an SSH client to extract, and as for look I would probably like a dark interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to move between multiple operating systems Filezilla will help you transfer your data on any system in seconds, forget the traditional way of plugging in a USB drive and copying the files and then mounting the pen-drive and pulling the files. FileZilla simply connects your systems seamlessly and allows you to transfer the files via easy to use interface without the need to use any cloud storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Locally It helps me a lot when I don't have physical media to transfer my files because it allows virtual connections over our local network and allows quick file sharing, also I can transfer big files without any hassle. It allows use in both Linux and windows, which makes my work much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

I love that Filezilla is a full-service file management tool. It was designed to be used for things like web hosting to move files around using FTP or SFTP, etc. I have found more practical uses for this software than I think the company may even realize. I love that I can use it to not only manage FTP transactions but without having to go into my settings or type a specific key combination, I can actually see hidden files on my computers. I also love that I can use Filezilla to permanently delete files that I would otherwise not be able to delete. On my Mac, I can actually delete the file without having to send it to the trash bin and then go to the trash bin to permanently delete it. I literally can delete it from the entire device from the local file side of the window. The other amazing thing about Filezilla and file deletion is this: I was recently blocked from accessing my OneDrive which allows you to keep a local shortcut to files in the cloud. With being blocked I couldn't access those files to even delete them. With Filezilla, I was able to actually permanently delete files and folders. This software is a must have on any computer I have (and I have 3). I also looooove that the file search feature on Filezilla is a billion times better than the search feature native to Windows OS and Mac OS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Filezilla has so many frequent updates. It can actually be discouraging to someone newer to the software than me. It does get annoying. I know the company wants to always have a great working software and it is exactly that. However, I think reducing the number of updates in a given year would also be a great thing, or even implementing auto updates as some other software have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to read about FTP/SFTP/etc. before using this software for that purpose if you are unfamiliar. Aside from that, start exploring what the software has to offer. If you decide to use it for file management on your computer, be careful of what folder you go into. There are folder this software can access that may require a password and it can also access system files, so if you delete a crucial Windows OS or Mac OS file, it may not be reversible and could lead to a crashed system with lost files. Be careful when doing any file moving or deleting. This is not a software with an undo feature. Discipline and vigilance are essential here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving all of my challenges and hiccups with file search and moving files between my devices and the cloud or servers. I think Filezilla is a tool built to be optimized based on the user's needs. There's still plenty about the software I haven't even used yet. But the tool is absolutely amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Filezilla is easy to use application. It supports the cross-platform installation. Powerful site manager and the transfer queue. You are ab;e to transfer larger files of more than 4GB. You are able to drag and drop files. It is secure since every server you require to have its credentials for you to be able to log in. Supports FTP, FTP over SSL, and SSH file transfer. It offers two-factor authentication. Interfaces to various cloud storage. It is a free source Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A successor license must be purchased for every newer version. When deleting files there is no need to ask. It is only available for the browser waterfox. There is no command for synchronization of directories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

implement a command to be used when synchronizing directories Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to connect to my live servers and edit and upload my web application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developer
What do you like best?

Filezilla is a very intuitive software that allows me to easily connect to FTP servers in order to manage the files in a simple way, it allows me to delete, move and edit files with just a few clicks, I also like that it can have a directory of frequent sites with which I can make a quick connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have noticed that the file transfer is extremely slow, and sometimes the files are uploaded incomplete this turns out to be a headache. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this software for all web masters, with Filezilla you will be able to mange your files very comfortable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This tool is helpful when it comes to managing the files on our websites, it allows me to connect to several servers at the same time and also helps us avoid the use of tedious commands to make connections and files management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and CEO
Laboratory Operations Manager
What do you like best?

The design of the front end is simple and offers many useful features. For each downloaded or uploaded file we can now see the improvements. For individual files or for file groups we can established the primary focus. The transmission speed is generally high. Before file transfer starts, or during transfer, I can set delete laws. In order to better diagnose a connection issue, I can see the Server connection details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be unusually difficult to stop some transfers, as if I accidentally include certain unintended files. I'm going to stop a transfer sometimes but the transfer continues. This can make me dizzy if the transfer involves large quantities of files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

FileZilla is supposed to provide the larger and smaller businesses with a position that the FTP client needs. You might also want to put thier files and in repository, zip them once more and exchange the wedged documents if you need to move them faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If another http format was used and creates a huge burden for the servers to post or copy a large amount of files. In spite of overworking mutual servers, Filezilla means allowing efficient and reliable use of another FTP protocol. This same software is trustworthy and knows how to manage the typically blocked server link errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* It is very easy to move files from one directory to another.

* It is compatible with PuTTy.

* Allows you to search for files remotely.

* Does not suffer unexpected falls.

* It has a function to reconnect to the last used server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* Files cannot be edited through FileZilla. It is necessary to download them and then edit them.

* The network setup wizard is not friendly for novice users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

FileZilla is easy to use software for non-technical users. I recommend that you give it a try as it has an open source version, however the more advanced tools are available in the paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use FileZilla to transfer files to my website account because there is no size limit for files. It solves the problems I previously had to transfer files to my website hosting, where the transfer was canceled if the files exceeded 500 MB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The frontend design is simple and has a menu with lots of useful options. We can see the progress for each and every downloaded or upload file. We can set the priority for single files or for groups of files. The speed of transfer is usually great. I can set the overwrite rules before file transfers start or during transfers. I can see the server connection details to better diagnose connection issue that might arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Stopping some of the transfers, like when I accidentally include some unintended files, can oddly be difficult to stop. I'll sometimes stop a transfer but the transfer keeps going. This can give me headaches when there are large amounts of files in the transfer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using the file transfer priorities on smaller files usually lets me get overall transfers done faster. I can also manage possible transfer errors more efficiently that way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

File uploads and downloads can be initiated and managed in a way that is as intuitive as Windows Explorer. We can put massive amounts of files online within seconds by just starting transfers and letting them run. I can also manage the file and folder permissions. FileZilla is a much better alternative to standard hosting account tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frontend Web Developer
What do you like best?

The best part of the FileZilla is you do not have to worry about the changes. Unlike in Linux, you have to ssh and then edit your code. But in FileZilla, you can download the file. Do the required changes and then upload the file again. You can also take the backup of the files by downloading them.

Also, you can just create the XML file of the site details and upload it, by doing that you can use the file on multiple Filezilla to have the acces of the given site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes uploading the folder or downloading thee folder takes few minutes to complete the process. The rest of the things works fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using windows and have to edit the files. Do not go for the Cpanel. Just create the FTP account and use Filezilla or that. It is more secure than Cpanel and you can give them access to the developers with whom you do not want to share all Cpanel login details. Users will not have access of PHPMyAdmin if the will use the Filezilla. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If we have to do change son the staging site or on the production. Then we can do it directly from Filezilla. Right now I am working on a project and handling all the changes using Filezilla Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- Easy to use (If you are new to filezilla you can easily understand how to use)

- Drag and drop (FileZilla allows easily upload and download files via drag-and-drop)

- Edit in place (You can edit a text file in place and automatically upload the changes upon save. This saves time to making quick edits to a website!)

- Simple Interface

- Ad-free and also free to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- The ability to schedule transfers would be a good addition.

- No customer service and Technical support but you can find very usefull infos on forums. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using filezilla for uploading and downloading files over ftp servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

FileZilla is a great file management solution for uploading or downloading data on your websites server. It works really well with my hoster aruba and never encountered any issues. There is also the possibility to remember your credentials and password, which is particularly nice when you are working a lot on your server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some functions are difficult to find, but the community behind FileZilla is really big, so on forums you will always find someone that can help you out. Additionally there are a lot of videos online that show you how to work with FileZilla. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a free program just downloads it and try it out! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Connecting to the server through a desktop application, uploading/downloading big datasets in a secure environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Learning Management Systems Administrator
What do you like best?

I love that FileZilla is both easy and powerful to use. Highly secure. Love the logging features. Truly an indispensable product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't anything that I dislike about this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need to securely upload files to third party SAAS providers. FileZilla makes it easy to log and test the connections from us to our providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

FileZilla is an application that supports multiple protocols. It is quite easy to use and the connection is often stable. I like that your customer service is always available to answer any questions that may arise regarding the use of the software. Another reason why I like this software is that I can connect to multiple servers simultaneously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although the installation was really easy, I have not managed to configure a file transfer manually. The program always tells me that I have an error but so far I still cannot solve it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to install, easy to learn to use and easy to configure. It is very stable software and it has a good price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use FileZilla to transfer and download files from company servers. The most useful thing is that we can program the transfer queue and the software loads them automatically. I also find it very important that it is possible to configure the upload and download speed limits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asst. AD / Communications
What do you like best?

FileZilla is about as simple as it comes for FTP delivery. You simply plug in the specs, store them for future transfers and it's a drag-and-drop tool. It also has safeguards for files with the same names, including 'overwrite', 'rename' or 'skip'. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has frequent updates, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but gets to be tedious to update frequently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A must have for FTP needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Uploading files to websites and servers, while also pulling down files. Makes transfers really simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

FileZilla is hyper convenient to quickly transfer files/folders on our web hosting. It is very easy to use this software. The interface is simple and ergonomic. I use this software for professional and personal projects and I recommend FileZilla to everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't find any real negative points. FileZilla is simple and qualitative. Certainly sometimes the file transfer could be faster but I don't think this is due to the software (but rather to my company's Internet connection). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy and performant file transfer software, don't be afraid, and try it ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

FileZilla allows me to publish websites and especially to keep them up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer, Developer, Digital Marketer, Graphic Designer, SEO Consultant
What do you like best?

I've been using this software for years. Works great for custom web development file management. It's a simple easy to use software and you can't beat the free price! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish this software would sync between multiple computers easier. It can be a pain to export and import to another computer which I need to do often in my line of work especially if I travel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a web developer, I use FileZilla for website file management daily. It's fast and makes my work processes easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Filezilla is a light and very easy to use software with which I can upload, edit and move files on my hosting or web page servers, its interface is very intuitive and it also has compatibility with many connection protocols. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Transferring files and navigating between file directories is somewhat slow, and sometimes the connection is lost for no reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Filezilla to everyone who needs to manage files on their web servers, it will be a tool that will make your job much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This tool has allowed me to manage my websites in a simple way, through a user interface, this avoids the use of the command console which was a tedious process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
What do you like best?

It's makes my life so easier when I have to copy or take anything from other servers

available in many languages

supports file transfer protocol Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's very slow the user using it might feel frustrated sometimes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Used for the file transfer from server to desktop

Made my life easier

File transfer , drag and drop for copying file Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's free, and has all the functionality needed for a power user, but with an interface that a beginner can understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI could use be updated a little, but nothing more than niggles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

An easy to use software to allow uploads of source files to web servers. This free solution fit the purpose perfectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.