Cerberus FTP Server Reviews & Product Details

Cerberus FTP Server Overview

What is Cerberus FTP Server?

Cerberus FTP Server provides a secure and reliable file transfer solution for the demanding IT professional. Supporting SFTP, FTP/S, and HTTP/S, Cerberus is able to authenticate against Active Directory and LDAP, run as a Windows service, has native x64 support, includes a robust set of integrity and security features and offers an easy-to-use manager for controlling user access to files and file operations. Powerful SFTP Server | Managed File Transfer Solution: - FTP, FTP/S, SSH SFTP, and HTTP/S web client access plus Event Notification, Automated Processing, Auditing and Reporting, Ad Hoc File Transfers, and File Retention Policies. - Synchronization manager to replicate all users and settings from a master server to any number of backup or clustered servers - Web-based Secure File Access and File management using a web browser with no software or plugins required Full feature list: https://www.cerberusftp.com/products/features/

Cerberus FTP Server Details

Cerberus FTP Server is a file server software with a secure and easy-to-use file transfer solution.

Founded in 2000 and located in Arlington, VA, Cerberus is focused on solving customer secure file sharing needs with Cerberus FTP Server, our secure file server for Windows. Cerberus FTP Server is designed for the demanding IT professional, but is easily accessible to the casual file sharer.

Our growth and success are a result of creating an intuitive, easy-to-use product with the features you need to get the job done. Paired with our dedicated in-house specialists, Cerberus FTP Server is ready to support your secure file sharing needs.

Cerberus, LLC

Cerberus FTP Server Videos

Cerberus FTP Server Screenshots

Cerberus FTP Server Reviews

Showing 20 Cerberus FTP Server reviews
Already have Cerberus FTP Server?
Senior Network Administrator
Response from Jessica Hall of Cerberus FTP Server

Greg, thank you for taking the time to do a video review like this! We're very happy to hear how well our solution is working for you, and will take your note regarding whitelisting to our development team. If we can ever help with anything in the future, please do let us know at the link below.

See how Cerberus FTP Server improved
AG
What do you like best?

Simplicity of the system. Easy to setup and get going. has robust features and secure. Setup was simple and it works for us when we need it. The secure FTP server was a must for us to be able transfer sensitive data. After the initial reason we use this all the time now as it is an easy way to move large files to systems outside out network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been using the Cerberus FTP server for several years now. I have not found anything that I dislike in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well worth a look I don't have to worry about the server it is pretty bullet proof. I am very happy with it and have no problem renewing my license year after year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Secure file transfers. It solved the problem day one to allow us to mot have to travel 50 miles round trip to deliver secure information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jessica Hall of Cerberus FTP Server

Thanks very much for your review! We're glad we could save on your driving :)

AG
What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and the product is pretty powerful in relation to the cost. The support is easily reachable by phone or over email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't encountered anything I dislike at this moment. I will update if I found something wrong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This solves my requirement to use a secure platform to transmit/receive files with external entities. This solution allows me to host multi-tenant configuration supporting different agencies within the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jessica Hall of Cerberus FTP Server

Thanks very much for your review! We're glad to hear you've been having a good experience.

What do you like best?

It just works all the time. I set this up for our company requirements in less than an hour. That included users and security. From that point on, it is always available. I like it when something works well and I don't have to think about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't come across anything yet that I would say I don't like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for something that is easy to setup and administer, this is it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The secure transmission of sensitive information is critical. This product does just that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jessica Hall of Cerberus FTP Server

Thanks very much Larry! We're glad you found everything straightforward to manage.

What do you like best?

I like the security and graphical interface, the configuration is fast with guides without errors, the communication is stable and with all the important security parameters to transfer data without problems. It is important to have personal data on your own server without using alternate servers from other companies, I have all my data safe and I handle it without problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have time using this system, I have no problems I like all the options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Secure server and website, I handle all the information I have without problems, the server is very robust.

Information transfer from any device with data protection guarantee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jessica Hall of Cerberus FTP Server

Thanks very much for your review Dustin, we're glad to hear that Cerberus is working well for you!

AI
What do you like best?

Ease of configuration for non-IT professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Configuration settings were hidden as a result of an update. A reinstallation fixed the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed an easy-to-use and highly configurable secure FTP server for all of the third-parties we interact with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jessica Hall of Cerberus FTP Server

Thanks very much for your review. If you run into any further issues with the configuration settings, please do contact our support team at the link below.

See how Cerberus FTP Server improved
What do you like best?

Cerberus is ultra secure. I had our pen tester take a try at it is secure. Support is bar none. When I need assistance i got it in a matter of minutes and my problem was solved quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

maybe I just don't know how but I would like to create spaces for individuals where they can store data like in a file server but then share it out as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it. Simple to install and easy to use and it's SECURE!!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing MY OWN DATA on MY OWN SERVER and not putting it in the almighty cloud like all the sheeple are currently doing and maintaining my own security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Infrastructure Manager
What do you like best?

I appreciate the simplicity of the account setup process. Very user friendly for me as an administrator as well as for our end user clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recent changes to the UI took a little getting used to. Nothing we couldn't figure out on our own with a little poking around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep up the great work. We're really enjoying the product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cerberus is a complete FTP solution for our organization. Simple setup, clients can create their own usernames/passwords, thereby reducing support time. Allows us to receive documents that are uploaded to us from our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cerberus FTP is simple to use and very reliable for SFTP, FTPS (both implicit and explicit) and SCP. It also has HTTP capabilities, but I haven't used those. I've set Cerberus up on a hosted server and haven't had to touch it since. My client applications make many thousands of successful connections and transfers each day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

WebDAV functionality would make it a real all-in-one solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a secure FTP service for windows not embedded in IIS. Cerberus worked great for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Administrator
Aviation & Aerospace
What do you like best?

The install was very straight forward and it didn't make you jump through hoops to get it up and running. I called support for one minor issue and they were very responsive and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't run into any issues with this server software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a solid product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our business require us to be NIST and DOD compliant with CUI documents. Cerberus enables us to securely share and log all file transfers with Vendors and Customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is very easy to administer. The Autoblock feature is a great tool for blocking unwanted users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first I did not like the white/black list because it never gave you a warning but now with the latest update it pops open a big orange window stating this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I fully reccommend using this product, very easy to setup and easy for anyone that is non IT to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are required to provide a secure website that we could store and transfer documents seamlessly. This meets all the requirements that we needed for 1 customer and very easy for them to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Support Specialist
What do you like best?

very constant product.User interface is great. Support team is very helpful. You will rarely need though. It also have user convenient and manageable interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Product is great. There is nothing so far that I disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

best product with good price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are running sftp server for secure file transfer between users and organisation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can add/update multiple user profiles with an import routine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not the person that set up the system...I mainly stay in the User Manager area. There's nothing I can point to that I dislike about the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to offer SFTP services to our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I like the support, the gui, the https file manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i don't have any problem with this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used webdav early but the partners has a lot of problem with the webdav. But the cerberus is perfect. And we can share big file without any difficult way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to implement, use and manage. it's integrated active directory perfectly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would like free software update for licensed Cerberus software. eg free upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended to other companies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

provide security channel when we push and pull some files from overseas Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part is a continuous vulnerability assessment and closing the vulnerability before any exploit. Frequent update in security features.. Easy to deploy and amangement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not working since we implemented. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It address all our risks related to open file transfer services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cerberus is Easy to use and I like the security feature of blocking the IP addresses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For now its working fine for us, we would like to try some of the secure file sharing and reporting features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Secure FTP site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Great experience, easy to use and manage both of users and files. Very stable application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No diskliked function, no bugs, no security issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great experience, easy to use and manage both of them users and files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Operations
Insurance
What do you like best?

Technical flexibility and ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much I dislike at all. Everything is good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great product and support. highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

server side, enterprise strength FTP/SFTP Server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Cerberus ftp is extremely straightforward to setup even in a complex enterprise environment. The client is lightweight, and uses very few resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one fallback is many of the utilities are limited to the enterprise version of the software. We only require the https client, but are required to purchase the full enterprise suite.

You may also only have one Cerberus ftp client open at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows file transfer via https interface to drop files on a server for sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Cerberus FTP Server?

Cerberus FTP Server Categories on G2