Epicor ERP

Epicor ERP

3.7

Epicor ERP system is designed with Epicor TrueSOA for flexible global business management.

Work for Epicor ERP?

Learning about Epicor ERP?

Epicor ERP Reviews

Ask Epicor ERP a Question
Showing 301 Epicor ERP reviews
Epicor ERP review by Charles S.
Charles S.

"Decent Software for Business Professionals"

What do you like best?

The tracking software in Epicor is top notch. It allows you to search, in detail, everything related to a job down to a T. Paying Invoices is also easier, as Purchase Order Entry, Invoice Entry, Receipt Entry, etc. are all quite simple and easy to use. These software components have improved workflow in our industry, and helped to make our employees more efficient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that from time to time the software will crash unexpectedly, but such is the nature of a cloud based platform. I also dislike that when there are problems with the software, getting a fix from the company can take weeks, sometimes longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have high speed internet access available, I would recommend the standard version of this software. You do not have to worry about Epicor updating their servers and causing you to lose what you are in the process of completing.

As mentioned before, we have solved efficiency needs. Since switching from Quickbooks, we have noticed significant improvements in both detail and efficiency. Workflow goes faster, and employees get more done.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Epicor ERP
Epicor ERP review by Deb A.
Deb A.

"6 months in and happy with our decision"

What do you like best?

The ease of use has drastically reduced the training time required to bring new employees/users up to speed on how to use the system. It used to take 2 months minimum before new inside sales reps could enter orders or quotes on our old system, and it now takes less than 2 weeks to have them trained and using the system. Additionally, the availability of the data and ease of creating dashboards has given us much better tools to lead the business in real time.

What do you dislike?

Support has been a disappointment overall. Sometimes it takes days or weeks to get a response to a case. The elevation process is a bit of a joke, because all that does is change how it is coded and I've yet to see any true elevation happen. I would estimate 80% or more of our cases have been the result of bugs as we do a good job of troubleshooting on our end before submitting a case. Some of the bugs are pretty big deals with little or no work around, so that has been a struggle as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think over all this is a very good product. Our biggest disappointment has been in dealing with Epicor corporate and their technical support. Epicor moves like an elephant meaning it takes forever to get anything done and often one piece doesn't know what the other is doing. Support takes too long to respond (days or weeks) to cases and often takes over a month for an answer or resolution. There have been many cases that were actual bugs that were previously reported and yet it takes 3 or more weeks for support to determine that what I reported is the same scenario. Also, their lack of online searching of errors or bugs leads to many cases that could have been self resolved if they would provide access to their support database.

Estimating has drastically improved from taking days to taking minutes. We have a much better picture of how we are doing in terms of sales and bookings daily and can make adjustments as needed instead of waiting for a month to be over before we know what has happened.

What Mixed Mode ERP solution do you use?

Epicor ERP review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Don't pinch pennies on ERP, if your organization moves forward with Epicor, you will regret it!"

What do you like best?

You can customize reports easily, but they all look like windows 98.

What do you dislike?

My company has been using this software for 3 years now and I felt motivated enough to create this account on G2Crowd to get the message out that this software is terrible. It is as far away from user friendly, intuitive, and value-additive.

It is incredibly difficult to find the right menus to locate the bits and pieces of information you need and the user interface only makes the experience more painful. I've actually created VBA scripts in an excel doc to pull the data that our engineering team needs from our SQL server because the menus in Epicor are far from adequate. I know you can "fully customize" reports, but there are many limitations and shortfalls in Epicors reporting. In addition, it is a very slow system and I can accurately say that because we just upgraded to brand new servers and lag time for reports was not significantly improved.

STAY AWAY from this slightly less expensive (relatively) ERP solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like I said in a previous section of this review, this product is far behind other ERP softwares in terms of overall user experience and ease of use. This is a glorified database with read write access. Yes it is customizable, but with that customizability come unnecessary complexity which leads to low organizational adoption. Gathering the data you need to make decisions should be fast, easy, and intuitive. Epicor is not. As a user for nearly 3 years now, don't waste you and your organizations time with Epicor.

I am a Manager of Product Development at a medical device contract manufacturer.

I have not seen any benefits from Epicor.

Epicor ERP review by Paul J.
Paul J.

"Long time user, Recommend Epicor"

What do you like best?

It is easy to get information out to analyze. Epicor is very flexible and can be used in many many industries. The customization tools do not require IT, as they are intuitive enough for tech savy people to do themselves

What do you dislike?

Being a large company, change and improvements take time.

Like at any company, the individual you get for support or consulting may be excellent or just ok. But, there are lots of Excellent employees at Epicor, and they are trying to do the right things to keep them satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize consultants to help you implement to get the value out of the investment

Integration to Avalara sales tax software has enhanced our ability to be tax compliant.

Financial reporting with the XL Connect integration shortened our close.

We have increased our inventory control and balances with the production management tools.

We have significantly increased our accuracy of product costing, using standard epicor funtionality

Epicor ERP review by Courtney L.
Courtney L.

"Long Time User"

What do you like best?

Epicor offers almost a single software solution which reduces variability in communication. While the need still exists for tools like Excel and other Office products, Epicor has embraced this reality and picked a good partner.

What do you dislike?

While there is a ton of functionality with the program, sometimes it seems like there is too much and the typical end user is overwhelmed with "Well, what am I supposed to do?" Whats the suggested best practice from Epicor? We know that there is many ways to do something, but too many choices can be overcoming without knowing the developers INTENT of the action/setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More Best Practice setup functionality without the need for an additional paid consultant

Single point of information from Sales through collecting cash. Proper Planning equals Customer, Supplier, and Employee satisfaction. Epicor brings other companies together utilizing its User Groups and pays attention to their feedback. This is very valuable as one of those customers wanting changes and/or improvements.

Epicor ERP review by Kara B.
Kara B.

"Epicor System Analyst"

What do you like best?

Epicor has given me a career. Supporting various companies in both E9 and E10 has allowed me to realize my potential, find my voice, and find my passion. Epicor has allowed me to help companies grow and realize untapped efficiencies, grow my personal network and my skills. After losing my significant other 3 years ago, Epicor has ensured that I will continue to work in the technology industry and support myself with confidence. I am thankful for the career opportunities that Epicor provides me every day.

What do you dislike?

I am struggling with standard user complaints about improved data entry efficiencies. We address these with BPM's and customizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a complete review of your business processes and know what your hoping to achieve with Epicor in order to use the software to the best of its abilities. Having a clear roadmap of what you are trying to achieve will result in a smooth implementation and greater user buy-in.

Multiple shifts, multiple plants, multiple companies, scheduling improvements

Epicor ERP review by Becky S.
Becky S.

"Very robust ERP system."

What do you like best?

It's an extremely logic-based system, but has the benefit of modification if needed. Because of this, users are prevented from circumventing the pre-established process. The screen setup is similar across the system.

What do you dislike?

The training is a little lacking. The system can be clunky at times, requiring a lengthy process for what should be a more simple procedure. For example, returns and rebills. The load time is also lengthy, but may also be attributed to internal infastructure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having your current processes and procedures already documents will greatly help you move these to Epicor. Also, try to focus on how you could adjust your processes to fit Epicor rather than immediately jumping to how to modify Epicor to do what you want. Trust me.

As the corporate system trainer, I work with most of our departments to help them use Epicor more efficiently. Many of the time-saving features have been beneficial including the open with menu, filters and hot keys. The additional data houses in Epicor has allowed managers to have a better high level view of their status.

Epicor ERP review by Trygve T.
Trygve T.

"Adaptive Intelligence"

What do you like best?

Epicor unlike most erp packages I have used gives companies the ability to adapt the software to their business needs. Not only in manufacturing but at a very finite level.

What do you dislike?

While Epicor has the technical expertise the ability to get customer support is challenging at times to get solutions to daily issues in a reasonable amount of time. Not that we are not given help but being at a lower version level has impacted our service. I realize it is challenging for Epicor to provide support for antiquated versions and assume that is the reason for our current service level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To emphasize the ability of the adaptive nature of the software.

We are spreadsheet driven and challenged with automation due to technical expertise. Specifically our recent implementation of jobs has allowed a tremendous benefit in controlling inventory and real time costing. In addition the implementing of production processes has allowed us to reduce errors, improve efficiency, and provide structure for repeatability.

Epicor ERP review by Jack P.
Jack P.

"Managing Production with Epcior ERP"

What do you like best?

Epicor is very easy to use, easy to learn, and has the BEST product Configurator on the market. So many ways to learn how to use Epicor, the training options that are available are just not available with other ERP systems.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something, I would have to pick the physical inventory process with Epicor is not as easy as I think it should be. SInce we use Phantom assemblies in the process, inventorying these parts is difficult, but we have a simple fix, so it is not that big of a deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a look, Epicor has taken a huge step forward in the last 2 years, much more efficient now, easy to use and set up.

Able to cut out a great deal of double entry saving a lot of time in the process and more accuracy, this saves money for us.

Epicor ERP review by Brandon H.
Brandon H.

"Epicor is a good ERP system"

What do you like best?

I like that Epicor ERP out of the box allows for all of our business processes to function. In our business we have some custom processes and Epicor is easily customizable for those situations as well

What do you dislike?

It can be frustrating when calling support when you have troubleshoot this issue. The first person you usually get to has you run through all of the tests even though you tell them that you have already done that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you review the Epicor processes before customizing your new ERP to function the same way your old ERP did

Epicor has made my previous jobs as a user very easy. From entering an order to shipping the product it is easy to understand and work with. In my current role as an analyst, the toolsets like BAQ and Dashboards make it easy for me to get the information to my users

Epicor ERP review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"A strong contender of mid-size businesses"

What do you like best?

Epicor is a highly customizable platform (like SAP), but actually works "out of the box" (unlike SAP). The system is strongly configured for manufacturing companies, particularly those with large inventories, diverse product bills of materials, and a need for lot traceability.

What do you dislike?

Epicor's support method often includes fixing your problem in the "next version." However, once the system is up and running, upgrading is a complex process as you really need to re-validate your procedures before upgrading. As such, you can end up with a problem that lingers as support prefers not to fix the current version, but push you forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't simply listen to a sales pitch, but ask for local companies that you can speak to about the product. Most of us are willing to demo how we use the product as well as talk about it's strengths and weaknesses.

Epicor is used to manage our entire system, including accounting, inventory, manufacturing, and sales. The system gives us tremendous visibility which has increased our profit margins.

Epicor ERP review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Replacement of Epicor Enterprise"

What do you like best?

Technically robust. Deep functionality for accounting, inventory and manufacturing. Has good third party partners, e.g., Precise and DS Panel.

What do you dislike?

To post to GL from another module, need to use posting rules - for us need to customize to flex in a segment. Would prefer an override flag and let us just enter the 3rd segment ourselves (from projects in our case). We needed more of a Printing Industry vertical, but it was no longer available, so we had to pay a consultant to customize screens, etc. to capture some of that missing functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't believe the sales people who say you can implement an ERP application in 6 months. It's a major organizational change. In our case, our Print Shop did not have operational software so it required a long lead time to get them up to speed and more technically proficient.

Enterprise is being deprecated and our hardware is also dying. Our IT department is smaller these days, so being in the cloud requires fewer resources to maintain.

Epicor ERP review by Administrator

"A very comprehensive software, just not very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Epicor does everything. Very nice on premise system, very customizable. We had a very smooth transition from our legacy software. Definitely focused on function rather than looks. The best part about Epicor is its customization tools allowing us to transition smoothly across ERP's onto Epicor without having to "fit" the mould. We were able to keep some of our legacy ERP spreadsheets and data as we moved across allowing for a smooth transition. Moving ERP systems is not just like flicking a switch, there is a lot of trial and error and having the customization capabilities that Epicor has allows that to happen without having to completely let go of the old system until users are comfortable with the new system.

What do you dislike?

The system is not very user friendly. The reports out of the box are poor. Epicor is relying on it's customers to spend money to build their own reports. This is great in theory but not in practice. In the modern world people expect reports and dashboard to be pre-built. and connectors to other software to be pre-built. The finance module is very clunky and allows many mistakes to happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the money up front to evaluate whether this is the right solution for you. It's an excellent software, just not for everyone.

We were mainly solving automation and data entry issues with the flow of production and shipping. In this we have saved many errors and mis-shipments due to the use of Epicor.

Epicor ERP review by Dustin B.
Dustin B.

"Epicor ERP For a Rapidly Growing Company"

What do you like best?

The customization and external integration services are a great asset to the system and allows for a very personal touch.

What do you dislike?

Support has been a painful experience through the years. More often than not, there is a back and forth between development and support on issues that can get very frustrating. In the end, it's typically not resolved or considered for a later product even though we are in active support.

Financial reporting, such as more defniitive posting descriptions for GL accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the staff on hand to customize the app if the base application does not fit the needs.

We are progressing closer and closer to Epicor driving all business aspects, but they are met with issues and lack of funcitonality on the way. I've realized that Epicor is devoted to making changes that the customer wants and needs.

Epicor ERP review by Cesar Ulises E.
Cesar Ulises E.

"Beyond normality"

What do you like best?

There are so many tools you can apply on your business model that you are able to cover almost every aspect.

What do you dislike?

The performance, depending on the version (E9), it's quite poor; and the only solution (like a root-total-solution) is to migrate, and though this process is normal in all companies (evolition) there are, also, considerations in the way that evolution takes place. Also (though it's not directly related to the ERP) the support model is way too far expensive, according to the provided service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be clear with your business model goals; you can not meet those if you don't have clarity on your process; though the software is quite flexible, it doesn't mean that you can go all the way (in your business cycle) applying root changes: your data, information, and further more, your decisions would have biases.

The integration of the whole business process becomes easiest if you can achieve, and assure, quality load information: you can have a wide vision of what is going on, so you can take quality decisions.

Epicor ERP review by Joshua P.
Joshua P.

"Epicor ERP Review"

What do you like best?

The availability of modules and flexibility of the ERP. Accessibility everywhere due to being in a dedicated tenancy environment is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

I find that SaaS on the cloud is a double edge sword in the sense that speed compared to an in-premise environment within internal servers is greatly reduced in certain instances. This applies even with an excellent bandwidth connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore the different product offerings and decide which approach will be the best for your organization. I believe when it comes to the cloud, having the managed database is a good option however having some flexibility when it comes to dedicated/single tenancy vs multi tenancy is something to consider.

Efficiencies in the administrative environment. Greater tracking of manufacturing processes. The ability to gather data in greater ways and the customization abilities are a great plus.

Epicor ERP review by User

"Nothing but problems from the beginning."

What do you like best?

There are just a couple things I can say that I really like. One is the ease of entering Accounts Payable invoices, especially when linked to a Purchase Order. I like that everything is in real time, so when one person makes a change (as long as you are not saving at the same time, which causes problems) all other users can see the current status.

What do you dislike?

There are so many things I dislike, it's unfortunate. Simple things like error messages that pop up for no reason and the only solution is to close out of the screen (lose changes) and re-open. Inventory Management is nearly impossible. It's so convoluted just to get a simple job through the system, it's unbelievable. General Ledger reports (balance sheet and income statements) are very difficult to build and not very user friendly. Almost anything in Accounting is batch based and therefore very cumbersome. At first it seems nice that you can do everything in batches, but it also complicates things. Especially invoicing. The basic invoices that come with Epicor are just that...basic. We had to pay Epicor to customize for us. It turned out it was easier for us to hire someone with Epicor experience and know how to handle all of the issues we discovered after purchasing. I feel like the demo we were shown in the sales process did not accurately show how difficult Epicor is to use. A simple thing like entering an address. You cannot copy and paste because every part of the address is a different field box. Technical support is spotty. At times it can be really great, but most often you wait days for a reply. Our customer service account manager is the worst at getting back to us when we have an issue. Also, their fee went up an automatic 5% this current year, without any kind of warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful about choosing this product. We would have loved to seek out an opinion from a current user that was not handed to use by Epicor.

Unfortunately, we have not realized many benefits by using Epicor. Nearly everything became more complicated when we began using it. We had thoughts of giving up on it, but ultimately decided to stick with it. We've been using Epicor for almost 3 years now.

Epicor ERP review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Epicor"

What do you like best?

Since we have been using Epicor its level of support service has drastically gotten better. I am getting responses now the same day I submit a ticket. They have a customer conference you can attended once a year for product training and overall networking. It is a very good place to meet the techs and programmers face to face and get a lot of tips and tricks to better run/manage your data base using their software.

What do you dislike?

With every new version there are bug to work out. You will have this problems with all software when it first comes out so it is not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise you to take your time and vet out all features of the product to make sure it is a good fit for your organization.

We came form using a Terminal system to an ERP system and We are able to access across our entire network remotely.. It is giving our sales force up to the minute stock levels and pricing that they can use in the field to land sales.

Epicor ERP review by Andrew J.
Andrew J.

"Great Customization Abilities"

What do you like best?

As a software developer, I love that Epicor gives me the ability to customize all aspects of the software. I have written client-side and server-side customizations, as well as external applications that interact with Epicor. Using the Microsoft stack for customization makes it easy to interface with our other business systems.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion the user interface is the weakest point of the software. It is a bit dated. I'm looking forward to seeing the UI improvements as Kinetic UI continues to spread throughout the application.

We have eliminated up to 10 separate software applications handling different aspects of our business, and replaced them all with Epicor. Having all the data in one place makes us more efficient and keeps our data accurate.

Epicor ERP review by Richard P.
Richard P.

"Epicor ERP review"

What do you like best?

A properly structured data base combined with Epicor data analytics gives access to business information to those who previously had to request static reports from IT. The result is better decision making and understanding by those who are closest to the issue, result, or process.

What do you dislike?

Workflow requires the use of multiple forms to complete a given task, right click, open with helps however I am looking for to the more streamlined approach Kinetic will; offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Epicor is a solid ERP that is looking to be on the forefront of the market. Look for consulting support when implementing.

Processing time coming from a purpose built ERP has increased however we have much better data. Better decision making and understanding are the primary benefit.

Epicor ERP review by Josh F.
Josh F.

"Epicor ERP Usefullness"

What do you like best?

Using Epicor ERP gives us an easy way to track job progress and create forms. It works very well with Excel to dump data from Epicor and create spreadsheets, or if you know how you can use Epicor to make spreadsheets using you data. Epicor ERP also allows users to enter their time on job specific items so we can see how much time each process is taking and what the cost of that process is in real time. And users can access the real time data from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Something that I find off putting about Epicor is the price. It is expensive in itself. Another thing I found that to get to an end result you often have to go through many steps to get to a seeming simple thing. However once you learn what you have to do it becomes more easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for software that will help show how your company is doing in real time then Epicor ERP is a good place to start. There are many ways that you can customize your experience and they offer online training to get you where you need to go.

Epicor ERP has built in functions to open jobs and create PO's as well as shippers. So it helps us create documents that we can track and keep a good history of our customers and suppliers. In accounting we can enter supplier invoices and track recieving dates and due dates. There are even more things that we don't use because of our particular product, being plastic injection mold making.

Epicor ERP review by David N.
David N.

"Epicor ERP"

What do you like best?

Epicor ERP continues to assist us with business challenges as we grow and as Epicor grows its product offerings and features. One thing that is great about Epicor is the constant innovation and efforts made to improve product.

What do you dislike?

One challenge with Epicor ERP is the constantly changing platforms. It is important for us to stay current, but that is difficult at times when product offerings change frequently. Examples of this are the changes in Shipping software and APM-to-APR.

Epicor ERP has helped us make our business processes more efficient. Epicor ERP has also helped with sharing information with our employees so we can improve our internal metrics and analytics. We hope to continue expanding on this with EDD, EDA, etc.

"Incredible program"

What do you like best?

The versatility is great. The Epicor platform is so diverse and yet able to be focused for our company. There is so much more we can do with this system. We just have to tap into the abilities.

What do you dislike?

Though it is versatile there are aspects that require a professional or very knowledgeable individual to program the system properly. Support from Epicor has become increasingly slower over the past few years. It takes anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to get an initial response about your issue. Also, mobile solutions have been an item with not near enough attention in today's advanced technological world. And the downright avoidance of iOS capable apps is ridiculous.

We are able to track so much data now as compared to our previous system. We have increased our production volume and because of great reports we can now tell where we need to focus our attention in our business.

Epicor ERP review by User

"Overall experience is similar to other MRP software that I have used in the past."

What do you like best?

The volume of information managed in the database. We have customized the software to work best for our business needs. It is possible to find everything you need, as long as you know where to look and also have the right access to view it.

What do you dislike?

The packaging is quite cumbersome to use. It's a constant "open with" in order to get to the information you want. The biggest negative is the technical support response time. Used to having IT support on site for everything else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to do thorough testing when transitioning between version releases.

We are a multinational corporation and we employ Epicor at all of our divisions. Having all divisions on the same software makes reporting to shareholders, etc. easier.

Epicor ERP review by Craig V.
Craig V.

"Basic Knowedge"

What do you like best?

I've only been working with Epicor for a total of 6 months, but the availability of multiple data sources has become one of my favorite things to work with on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Epicor has many shortcomings, including its speed, as well as it's lack of certain features such as (currently, in my version of 10.0.300) data discovery, as well as an easy to manage data warehouse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to use the learning and education materials that come with the product, they can be very useful if the time is put into them.

Purchasing needs and availability of data that helps describe the low inventories without manual count is a fantastic benefit of Epicor.

Epicor ERP review by Dan L.
Dan L.

"Excellently coded, poorly supported"

What do you like best?

The functionality is all there. It takes some getting used to, but it's obvious that experts with experience had a strong hand in EPICOR 10.

What do you dislike?

Support is subpar, to put it nicely. There is nearly no built in assistance and EPICOR HQ is of little to no help. Much of the assistance I find is via the Epicor Forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't rely on EPICOR for support in answering questions or difficulties.

Through put and tracking of lot sizing etc is greatly improved.

Epicor ERP review by Jim C.
Jim C.

"Epicor in Small Manufacturing"

What do you like best?

Epicor's traceability; if an error is discovered anywhere in the system, the tools are there to assist you in tracing the transaction(s) to who and when it was created. Then correct the problem before it affects the bottom line.

If there is no report containing the information or stats that your looking for, Epicor's internal tools allow you to easily create a simple/complex report that will display the needed information

What do you dislike?

Too many updates; it's hard to keep up with the product updates. After a Major release is created & Released Epicor releases updates for it every two weeks, I don't have time to test them before implementing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

Tracking Material & labor costs to manufacture GenSets, labor entry. Inventory valuation & Transactions

Epicor ERP review by Maureen  C.
Maureen C.

"The CMS Software is great"

What do you like best?

The software handles most processing and processing EDI documents is all part of the software. It works seamlessly makes the shipping process much easier. The support was strong, lots of experience amongst the support team.

What do you dislike?

The changes that EPICOR has instituted since purchasing CMS. The experience and knowledge is being pushed out the door to make room for inexperienced folks (the few that are being replaced).

There needs to be more BI functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CMS is a strong product able to handle some very complex requirements. It is solid and well written and user friendly.

Being automotive you require a system that handles the EDI requirements.

"Epicor ERP"

What do you like best?

Lots of opportunity -- tons of functionality that, unfortunately, I know that my company has not yet fully unlocked.

What do you dislike?

Some of the awkwardness of the UI can be frustrating to deal with -- though I know much about user experience is subjective. However, some software platforms definitely do well on this. This is also probably partially on us -- while we successfully "implemented' we still have aspects of our legacy system around (was outside the scope of our implementation) and folks have had literal years to become familiar with it. We have not done well with our sustainment and training going forward.

We were able to integrate our financial management (we used to use a standalone tool called "MYOB') with our project management, part management, and production job management in a way that was no possible before. We are starting to dip into seeing the benefits of having a true MRP system help our human supply chain members.

Epicor ERP review by Administrator

"Epicor - Helping make a difference"

What do you like best?

Lots of things! Multi company and mutli currency functionality. Our Company now has up to date financial information for decision making with the use of Power BI for nice data analytics. Improved efficiencies with the month end process. AR reconciliation is a nice feature we just need it for AP. MRP has allowed us to improved inefficiencies in what was a manual procurement of spare parts inventory. We have developed a really sophisticated Kanban calculator that allows us to ensure we have adequate inventory levels for non MRP parts.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have issues with Support. Ongoing Issues with Epicor partner and level of consultancy and support.

Projects module does not give us a profit and loss account for our projects. I saw in the Road ahead they mentioned profitability yet I did not see and Pnl displayed. Not alot of standard reporting out of the box. Making Tax digital - Epicor were very late with the development for this for the HMRC deadline.

Month end reporting. We have recently implement Fastclose and now have our month end reporting in 5 working days. MRP has been a huge improvement in terms of supply change management and improvements

Epicor ERP review by User

"Epicor ERP for manufacturing"

What do you like best?

Connectivity among all shops and all departments. Flexibility to build the software to fit your own needs. Nice user experience, consistent across the modules. Ability to see data in real time (more or less).

What do you dislike?

Requires users to be extremely detail oriented. Out of the box features aren't useful to standard business processes. For example I can't filter reports from high to low dollar value easily. I can't cycle count an item more than once per month. There are so many features we don't even have any awareness about that we could be using. It's up to the user or company to investigate what is available to them to leverage every offering Epicor has.

We have been able to realize efficiencies by making Epicor our sole software program, rather than having one for manufacturing and one for finance etc. The cycle count functionality has given us better visibility and control over our inventory, though it does have some limitations. Hoping to add bartender or a similar program eventually.

Epicor ERP review by phyllis S.
phyllis S.

"Mixed Results"

What do you like best?

Epicor ERP does a very good job of tracking information for our production needs. It has a huge number of features.

What do you dislike?

The system is very complicated - it has a huge number of features. My biggest complaints are inconsistency in how information is dealt with. Do I have to clear before selecting a different item, does the search window come up full height or just a few lines, can I paste data into the primary field (not the first time in a BAQ window). There are places where it is a little inflexible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you buy support

We are managing our engineering designs into production and through shipping to the customers.

Epicor ERP review by Julie G.
Julie G.

"Data Mining is a Breeze"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to extract data using BAQs. The multi level BAQs in E10 is powerful. I can give my users information faster and easier. It also makes it easy for some of our super users to extract information themselves.

What do you dislike?

I don't like finding bugs. We found one in a major one in a major business function. I don't think the quality is as good as it should be.

We need to be able to reduce our lead time. The product configurator has helped with this. The software also helps us get a competitive advantage because we are able to configure the software to meet our company's unique needs.

Epicor ERP review by Administrator

"Epicor brings all of our data within reach"

What do you like best?

Epicor enables me to access any data in the system via standard dashboards or BAQs and being able to customize Epicor for our company rules via BPMs and Form Customization is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The built in 'Stops' are at the wrong end of the process. Why am I able to do something in the system that makes no logical steps and then when I realize I did something wrong, I am stopped by built in business logic when I try to undo it. Should be the other way around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of access to data and ability to customize without much computer knowledge is worth it. Epicor has increased their pace of updates and are deploying fixes and updates generated by users requests.

Improved Inventory control, Invoicing, Shipping and Manufacturing processes. Giving management the data they need to run the buisiness.

Epicor ERP review by Administrator in Architecture & Planning
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"Epicor ERP Review"

What do you like best?

The capability to customize Epicor is probably the thing I like the best. When I have users needing to look at various different screens to get the information they need, I can just create a dashboard and they can see it all easily on one screen.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like about Epicor but if I had to choose, it would be that some screens use a different search mechanism. For example, some use a search button and others a binoculars button to find your information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework, do a full review of your own procedures before hiring an implementation company to help set things up. I wouldn't try setting it up on my own. Make sure the team you assemble for this project are all on board with the software.

Inventory management has been much better for us, having all project information available under one screen is necessary for our project managers.

Epicor ERP review by Administrator in Plastics
Administrator in Plastics

"Complete ERP solution for Small to Medium-Sized Business"

What do you like best?

User-Friendly interface, completeness of the solution, robustness of the infrastructure. New features in ERP 10, like the Package Control ID, improves the usability of the solution

What do you dislike?

The lots & serial numbers management and their traceability for complex manufacturing environments is poor. The ability to successfully realize changes in localization is very poor. For example, in Argentina, Electronic Invoicing is not yet implemented in Epicor ERP, which is a legal requirement for several years and must be done with third party software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the localization requirements with the consultants prior to buy this software

Our processes were not integrated. Thanks to Epicor we are advancing in the integration of all our productive and administrative processes in a single solution. We are suppliers of primary packaging for the pharmaceutical industry and, despite difficulties with the management of serial and lot numbers, we have always been able to meet the requirements of this industry.

"A Great Experience"

What do you like best?

All data contained in the system and the ability to customize.

Real-time tracking and ability to use data to make decisions.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty finding viable training materials.

We ended up making our own in most cases because a clear users guide could not be found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed as long as you do your part.

It really helps to have someone with the ability to create dashboards in your company.

The ability to data mine and answer big questions quickly.

Prior to Epicor each department had their own spreadsheets.

Our sales people and our customers have both made comments about the major operational performance improvements that we have had since going live.

Epicor ERP review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Simple to Use"

What do you like best?

I mainly use this software to track what time our drivers are leaving our company every day and it's very simple to use. I like the fact that you can easily switch between what days you want to look at and I also like that you are able to click the forward or backward button to easily jump from beginning to end, or you can skip ahead slowly to get a better view.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that when you are skipping ahead, you have to click the mouse multiple times in order to see when the drivers finally leave the yard. However, I think that is an issue that is on my company's end for the information they want compared to an issue with the software. It might be more user friendly if there were more button options, however, you skip ahead or backward.

I am solving the problem of figuring out where drivers are located so that way if any contractors call or any homeowners call wanting to know when the driver should be arriving, I can easily give them a time or at least a close estimate.

The benefits of this software allow my company to know where the drivers are at all times so that way we know in case they are lost or, as I mentioned, we need to tell a customer who is calling.

Epicor ERP review by Johnathon G.
Johnathon G.

"Good ERP System that is able to be customized to everyone's needs."

What do you like best?

It has great functionality over a large range of users from engineering, purchasing, planning, accounting, and executives.

What do you dislike?

There are some kinks to work out still. For example, we have had a lot of issues with serial numbers on jobs not allowing us to preform certain actions because the serial numbers are stuck somplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone on staff that really knows your companies procedures in order to tailor Epicor to your needs.

Issuing jobs to the floor with all the important information has helped us tremendously. We are now working looking at specific part number costs and how to improve processes to reduce costs.

Epicor ERP review by Administrator

"ERP Software that works for you"

What do you like best?

Ease to make it work for our company with the .net technology. Many people overestimate what that means and does for the people who manage the software. Additionally, I have seen and worked with several and Epicor has sustained over the 20+ years.

What do you dislike?

The speed of launching new product and enhancements of the product. I would like to see more time spent on training on how to implement the new products. It cannot be assumed that since we use Epicor we understand how to implement the new things. More offerings in the training of the new items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the software and systems match what you are looking for

Managing exceptions rather than everything. The amount of time spent looking at pages and pages on a report rather than scrolling through a list of exceptions and being able to resolve them within the dashboard.

Epicor ERP review by Dale E.
Dale E.

"Not Sure Who Epicor Designs For"

What do you like best?

I have been using Epicor (or what became Epicot) ERP solutions off and on since Platinum for DOS and... that's the only thing I like about them. Some familiarity.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. Epicor's products are poorly designed and make even simple processes overly complex. I'm fairly certain they only still exist because the cost of switching ERPs is so high and enough companies don't do the homework to know that there are much better and less expensive options out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't listen to current users. They'll tell you things like that it handles inventory and costing and warehouse management better than other available products. They don't know what they're talking about.

Really nothing is solved particular well and I have not realized any benefits compared to what I would have gotten with higher quality easier to use and less expensive products.

Epicor ERP review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Good ERP with Good Support"

What do you like best?

They have been keeping up with whats new as far as the look and feel of the software. Its SQL so easy to work with. Their support is great.

What do you dislike?

Its an ERP, you have to know you stuff to set it up because it all ties together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can run a company the size of 20 users to 1000 users. Data can be accessed by other reporting tools or sales tools.

Keeping track and billing customers, even individual ship to's and be billed separate from the main customer.

Epicor ERP review by Ryan T.
Ryan T.

"Epicor is a greater starter ERP but it fails to quickly adapt to customer needs."

What do you like best?

The GUI user interface is well done. It is easy to navigate from one task to another. The credit queue and credit functions are top notch. They allow the credit manager to easily allow or deny a customer credit. The business summary function is a great tool to give me a financial snapshot of our company.

What do you dislike?

The National Sales Tax Report is absolutely terrible. It still uses E-term and is difficult to maneuver. The reporting in general is very hard to understand and run. There are required fields that are not explained or titled inappropriately. I thoroughly dislike that you can change an invoice after it has already been sent out. This gives me headaches with pricing and sales tax issues. There is also no rental module available. This would help my company immensely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would evaluate what functions your business completes and how that will work with Epicor ERP.

We have significantly increased our email and fax invoices with Epicor. This has saved us substantial time and money. We have been able to do e-commerce with Epicor. This has allowed us to tie our website and Epicor together, which has saved us time and money.

Epicor ERP review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"Anything is possible with epicor ERP (if you know how!)"

What do you like best?

Epicor allows you to do anything "Anything is possible"

What do you dislike?

Support is slow to resolve open cases, cases take a long time to get assigned, we often have to figure out internal workarounds to solutions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its very capable, however in switching the underlying technology from Progress to the Microsoft stack has taken a long time where EPicor has not improved functionality due to all the resurce being focused on this. In this time the other vendors have caught up, epicor needs to ow focus on getting new fucntionality in the product ASAP.

Replacing paperless systems with virtual workflows

Epicor ERP review by Louis A.
Louis A.

"We like Prophet 21 but the support is a challenge"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of P21. We can write business rules when we need to add in business logic. I also like how easy it is to perform upgrades and stay up to date.

What do you dislike?

Technical support is still our biggest challenge. We enter in support cases and sometimes it takes days to receive a response even with escalation.

We are a distributor so we use the system to help us keep track of everything involved with that. We have seen streamlined processes with P21 and adding on things like document imaging and EDI.

"CMS Epicor"

What do you like best?

Serialization

Ease of use because I have used for several years.

What do you dislike?

Multiple locations for same information to update throughout the file set up. When things do not work you have to find something that is missed or incorrect.

Detail from updates to customer masters does not update the orders. If you have several customer orders you must make sure all have been updated.

Lack of documentation for how system flags work and as updates occur what they are.

Lack of knowledge of what system can do and poor responses to inquiries so we look outside CMS for solutions.

Production Scheduling system is not user friendly

Not able to define detail down to management levels so we pull data out to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not go with CMS.

Production reporting- using production manager.

Epicor ERP review by Dawn F.
Dawn F.

"Epicor vs JD Edwards"

What do you like best?

One of the things I like about Epicor is that it brings our company into modern times. I feel that JD Edwards is an extremely antiquated system that does provide adequate or consistent accurate results.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest things is that this system is quite difficult to implement. The trainers have not done an effective job of explaining features, which makes it challenging to work in the test environment. I think the system has its good points and bad, but I only have JD Edwards to compare Epicor; therefore, I feel it is an unfair question.

Epicor is going to replace our antiquated JD Edwards and bring our company up to date. The only benefit so far is that it is Windows based.

Epicor ERP review by Robert H.
Robert H.

"Using the ERP tool to its full capability"

What do you like best?

Navigation inside Epicor is relatively straight forward.

What do you dislike?

Implementing upgrades and processing some transactions are unusually complex. We went live last May and 10 months in we still get surprises on basic transactional processing and items that either don't process like we thought or are in error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend longterm but short term the qualified consulting resources are not as available and the implementation suffered for it.

We are essentially doing our basic transactional order to cash cycle. However, we have not been able to get mrp suggestions working right or scheduling.

Epicor ERP review by Carl  E.
Carl E.

"Production Manager"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of transition throughout the system.

What do you dislike?

Our out of the box package contained the basics. The extra costly module add-on were out of reach.

With hundreds' of customer orders that require jobs to build and subsequent sub-components to purchase or manufacture, would not have been possible using our former ERP system. Epicor Vantage has allowed us to achieve our goals of maintaining our customer needs by giving us the visibility we to ride the waive.

Epicor ERP review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Usable, but not ideal and not intuitive"

What do you like best?

Epicor Express has all of the features you're looking for in a basic ERP system. We also liked the option to take actions in Pilot to "try out" certain features before logging them in the real system.

What do you dislike?

It has the necessary features to be a very powerful application, but isn't very intuitive/user friendly. Also, if using the Express client, there are a lot of reports that you'd think you should be able to export, but they are either unavailable or difficult to access. Again, not intuitive.

Also, updates can take a long time and customer service is not as responsive as you'd expect.

It was also very difficult to amend transactions, sometimes having to delete all subsequent transactions before having the option to edit. In some cases, there is no way to change how an item had been previously set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get a good implementation team, otherwise your system will always have gaps that will take forever to fix, if you can even fix it.

Epicor Express gave us the functionality we needed to do basic inventory transactions: receiving, inspection, manufacturing jobs and shipping. Can't speak to it's use for accounting but our accounting department seemed to find it sufficient for their needs. My overall impression is that the higher version of Epicor would be powerful enough and possibly more intuitive since it would give you the options you'd expect. But again, their customer service / ticket request process is lacking and I don't think that is dependent on which version is used.

Learn more about Epicor ERP

Epicor ERP Videos

Learning about Epicor ERP?

* We monitor all Epicor ERP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.