Donately Reviews & Product Details

Donately Overview

What is Donately?

Donately is the simplest way to fundraise online. We designed Donately to be easy so you can raise more money with less effort & continue focusing on making the world a better place. We have absolutely no start up costs, no monthly fees, & no contracts. With Donately, you'll get unlimited campaign & crowdfunding pages, customizable donation forms that can be embedded on your website, automatic donor receipts and much more. We know simple is better. Join us, and see why for yourself.

Donately Details

Donately brings a decade of non-profit and campaigning experience into a set of online tools for fundraising & donor management that helps an organizations to make big impact with the least amount of time and expenses.

Donately was built by an interactive agency that focuses on non-profit work - so we know what non-profits need. Our focus is simple: By saving you time managing your donations, you can spend more time improving the world around you.

Donately is simple to use, but supremely flexible. In 10 minutes, you can be taking secure donations online with our free hosted campaign pages & embed your donation form into your existing website with a simple copy & paste to take donations without supporters leaving your site. In a few more minutes, you can push your Donately data into your other systems using our full & open API.

And all of that comes with no start-up costs, monthly fees or contracts. We charge simple & transparent transaction fees, which are among the lowest in the market, especially without any of the other costs.

We truly believe online fundraising should be simple.

Donately
2011
San Diego, CA
@donately

Donately Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Donately community
Have you used Donately before?

Donately Reviews

Showing 29 Donately reviews
Already have Donately?
AN
What do you like best?

Donately is a fantastic tool to use for small non-profits. It is affordable and helps better manage donations. The web forms are also attractive and I like the custom options for email automation and receipts. Donately easily integrated with Stripe and was set-up in no time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was there was more options for sending automated emails after donations and getting notifications to multiple email addresses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For an affordable solution, it's hard to beat Donately. Its easy to set-up and collect donations. It's not super fancy and complicated but does good at what it's meant to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Donately has definitely helped us get the most out of our donations. Donately allowed us to set up an easy and nice looking web form on our site and effectively helps us manage donations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engagement Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

I loved that donate.ly did not charge a subscription fee of any sort to use their software. This made it much easier to use them and not feel the impact of the transaction fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not like their customization tools. Their P2P fundraising service weren't not the best either. And, you had to use open API to connect with Salesforce - not easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to collect donations through beautiful donation pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Communications
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

For someone that is not very "tech-y" like me, this made my job easy. It is extremely user friendly and donor friendly as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a bummer that donat.ly doesn't have paypal integration yet. If they did, there would be nothing better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO IT! I did a ton of research before I final made the choice to use this platform and honestly there is nothing better on the market if you are running a small business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work for a small nonprofit and we struggled to find a donation platform that would work for our size and not cost an arm and a leg- thank goodness we found this! I realized by having a streamline platform, I am able to have more effective communication with donors and up to the minute reports financially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Donate.ly provides the basic functionality of an online giving platform without all the set-up and monthly fees that you see with many other platforms. They offer a flexible payment plan of 1%, 2%, or 3% taken from donations (which can be lowered with a one-time fee). This fits our organization's online giving goals and keeps our costs down. Also, their partnership with Stripe ensures that we have low credit card fees and can accept international credit cards. Their support team is very good at getting back to us when we have questions and providing hands-on support when we need to troubleshoot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Donate.ly is definitely still in development mode. There isn't a lot of built-in functionality or customization, which means we've had to use our developer to augment some of the form codes to get the branding and functionality on point. The integration with Salesforce is not a seamless process, but is a connection via zapier and takes some technical oversight to get this working just right (especially if you have a complex Salesforce database). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adopt Donate.ly if you want a system that flexible (but takes some backend work). If you're trying to cobble together systems to lower your cost instead of paying a lot for an all-in one solution, then Donate.ly is a good match. Our cobbling together has given us a multiple check system, which is great to understanding if part of the system isn't working. In this same vein, if one aspect of our system (Donate.ly --> Salesforce --> Marketing Cloud) isn't working it doesn't mean the whole system falls apart. Usually, we are able to isolate it and troubleshoot without losing full functionality. However, again, this does take some more backend work than other systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After coming off of a very costly platform, we are pleased to keep our costs down with Donate.ly (even though it might take some more backend work than the other platform). We also appreciate that Donate.ly has plans for expansion and upgrades in the future and look forward to seeing that happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CA
What do you like best?

I like how simple it is in nature. There are only a couple pages of actions. The forms are very simple to embed. It gets the job done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pages, navigations and affordances are not the most intuitive. I feel that this might have been designed by developers or for developers versus your typical end user- which very well might be the customer base.I feel that more of the trendy dashboard style UI, would cater better towards users.

It took a while to realize what all features were available.

I wish you could delete campaigns.

I wish the code for the campaign pages was further extendable. It seems a bit limited to what is excepted when saving custom code. Full freedom here would help a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to consolidate and simplify funding via a payment solution. We have been able to raise more funds and have a clearer view of that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Producer Concierge
What do you like best?

What I like best about it is that especially for our members who aren't tech savvy there platform is simple and straightforward. We can create customizable donation forms. These forms can be embedded on websites and other digital properties to start maximizing online donations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is really a criticism but some specialization seems to be lacking in an attempt to make it user-friendly for many users, but this is a very small issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very worth the investment to anyone that needs to but doesn't like or even want to fundraise Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has allowed us to diversify in our fundraising efforts and gotten more people in our organization involved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Director
Education Management
What do you like best?

It looks good on my website and is easy for our donors to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like the product to allow our donors to stop their recurring donations at a specified time in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product, great support, easy to use and totally hands off after setup. It integrates fine with any web platform and will look as though it's specific to the website, unlike some other third-party options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A streamlined option to allow online donations through out website. Funds are transferred quickly and totally hands-free after a donation has been made. The benefit it time and energy saved! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Mobilization
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Team is extremely responsive to questions and requests for features. CTO Bryan helped me set up a Zapier integration so that we can integrate more effectively with our CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a developer, so I had a couple of challenges with the styling of our donation form once it was embedded. But, again, CTO Bryan was a huge help and made sure I got it all working right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're a startup nonprofit that challenges counterproductive ideas about charity in an effort to accelerate social change. We're working to build our revenue stream through recurring monthly donations. Donate.ly has been a great tool for us and it integrates much better with our CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Outreach Mission Field Officer
Fund-Raising
What do you like best?

This type of communication is what myself and members in my group can get out and aboyt too all of our Friends & Fans Thanks!

Fundraising is what we do! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hot that much on complaining; if its no need or no use; Im ok with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a neat start' not complicated at all" somthing pretty simple, just what i like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It may not be what everone wants or need, but somewhere' someone is going too appreciated it' sooner or later.

I can use it for myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager and Editor
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

The simple interface and how easy it is to maneuver around the site once you're familiar with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to click around a lot to do simple things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One of Apple's core rules is that you shouldn't have to click more than once or twice to get where you want to go. Maybe try making things more user-friendly from the get go. It can be kind of overwhelming for people who haven't used it before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing donations and having a clean overview. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
Construction
What do you like best?

I love how user friendly it is and I also appreciate how easy it is to get help if I don't know how to do something. Always quick and friendly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I didn't have to use donate.ly and stripe I wish they could just be one platform. However the integration of the two is very seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm trying to find a basic user interface to help with my non-profit and to make donors life as simple as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

We compared at least a dozen different crowdfunding platforms - what stuck out to us about Donate.ly was their simple design, great user interface, and their great prices. For us - a small nonprofit that has to count every penny - their fee structure was the best option that we could find. We have been thrilled with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that we dislike - we would love it if our users could pay with PayPal - I can't remember if this is an option and simply costs more - or if it is not an option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We connect travelers with international volunteering opportunities, and we help nonprofit organizations to host international volunteers. The benefit of Donate.ly is that it helps our volunteers to raise donations for the organizations where they will be volunteering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Religious Institutions
What do you like best?

The website was easy to use and very attractive for donors to interact. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was not clear to me that the fee for using the Donate.ly platform was in addition to the Stripe payment processing.

Second, even off-line donations (cash I received in the mail) incurred a platform charge from Donate.ly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you understand the fees. They are not too different from others in the same industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Raising donations for non-profit work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

So minimal and simple, it's great to build our own "branding" with it. The low processing fees are great too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A little hard for someone without coding/development experience to build something with it. I had to hire a consultant to build something that we could use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need to know how to code to make the most of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This was a pilot use to see if we could bring donors to join our cause and we briefly switched to another system since it was easier to setup for noobs like me who can't code, but now with a consultant we've been able to do a better job of using donately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Alexa Consultant / Google Home Consultant / Bestselling Author / Professional Speaker
What do you like best?

Ease of setup and user interface. It's really easy for users to navigate the system and really easy for the non-profit to receive the money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that comes to mind. It's really straightforward and obviously well thought out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might not have the recognition of GoFundMe, but it's interface is far superior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Setting a quick and easy way for a non-profit with little money to accept donations on their website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

They keep improving their website. It has become even easier for donors to update their credit cards or other information. As a person in charge of a small non-profit, Donately has been a Godsend for me. I am able to receive donations quickly and efficiently at a very small price. I highly recommend this website! The administrative costs are low and straight forward. The staff is incredibly helpful when ever I have had a question or concern. They get back to me promptly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints before it was a bit tricky for my donors to figure out how to update their credit card info, but as I stated before, they have fixed that to make it much easier for donors to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest anyone starting a non-profit. This is a great way to collect funds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Donately for a non-profit I started to help a school in Guatemala. It has helped me arrange sponsorships for the students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CIO
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Easy to work with and great team - easy to get a hold of for support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more capabilities to enhance and integration with Salesforce Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have not realized any negatives really except the integration with Salesforce does not exist. But we are providing a land page for donors to give to causes that they have an interest in Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Fulfills many critical functions that you need from coordinating and sorting mailing lists, to tracking donations, to mail merging and sending out newsletters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have tested many other software programs, and this one was our choice by far. I have no complaints or dislikes at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed more than an excel sheet to track our donors and to communicate with them. We realized that the excel sheet had limited capacity and began to search for a software that could help us do our fundraising more effectively and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Our organization very much appreciates every donation and Donately helps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot of exposure to donately toward the general public. The fees on top of credit card processing fees can be limiting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will ease the process of making donation connections online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a non-profit our major problems has been achieving revenue sources outside of program income. We need donations to continue our operations and those can be difficult to come by. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
Philanthropy
What do you like best?

It's simple to use and blends seamlessly into my website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I pretty much like everything on Donately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use them with extreme confidence. Their simplicity is their power! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've needed to embed donate buttons in multiple locations on our site without needing separate SSL certificates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Their website is easy to use. We are able to receive donations quickly without any kind of problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have yet to run into any major issues. Another platform has given us quite a headache, but so far donate.ly has been a breeze! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Donate.ly makes it easy for our donors and supporters (and really anyone who's curious about us) to give. They then make it easy for us to receive the funds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Donately makes it easy to have donations straight to my bank account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a Facebook plug-in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy to receive credit card donations without paying for an expensive service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Clean and simple design

Open tech and customer support team -- they really want to make your implementation work. They've done quite a few custom items for us and helped us work with their API Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While we've had a great experience customizing Donately for us, there are some other features we'd like to modify but it's not easy to get this done since it would affect other users. So, nothing big - just the basic downfall of a shared platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great customer service - very helpful team that is willing to make it work for your implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to engage our network in peer-to-peer fundraising. Easy and simple for people to create fundraisers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Not only does the Donate.ly button look great on a website but it is extremely easy to use as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like there to be a bit more customization! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a donation option on your website I assure you there is no better product on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional appearance and ease of use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Development Database and Events Specialist
Research
What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, nice interface. Recurring donation is nice feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customization is lacking. Need a way to change the form - NEED TRIBUTE AND IN HONOR OF OPTIONS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

n/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bryan Shanaver of Donately

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback!

In terms of customizing the embed form, it does allow you to add your own custom fields, like the ones you mention. If you need help with that, reach out to us in support@donate.ly and we'll be happy to provide a snippet.

In addition to that, we're always evolving the base functionality. We have historically always had an 'On Behalf Of' field, but if a similar 'In Honor Of' field is something that many users will find useful - we're happy to add that to the roadmap.

Again, thank you for using Donately & helping us to improve it!

Cheers!