Clearview InFocus

Clearview InFocus is a software solution for AE firms that provides integrated ERP capabilities including project-based planning, accounting, billing and more.

Work for Clearview InFocus?

Learning about Clearview InFocus?

Clearview InFocus Reviews

Ask Clearview InFocus a Question
Showing 16 Clearview InFocus reviews
Clearview InFocus review by Julie T.
Julie T.

"Clearview Infocus is for Everyone"

What do you like best?

One thing I like most about Infocus are the Gridgits on the dashboard that provide various information all in one place. I also prefer this program because of the flexibility in entering data so there is no more deleting something because you have to make a minor change. Infocus has a variety of reports that are easy to understand that provide a wide array of data. I also appreciate check processing in Infocus for Accounts Payable and Employee Reimbursables because it is very easy to use especially with the recent transaction tab. Timesheets are very easy to enter and approve in Infocus and benefits hours are easy to see for each employee.

What do you dislike?

One thing I like least is that some functionality of Infocus is not user-friendly (i.e. having to use F4 instead of Enter). I also would like to see benefit accrual more automated and payroll integration with outside software (i.e. Pensoft) made more seamless for companies that have salary plus employees.

One benefit I have realized is the ability to make minor edits to Accounting entries without having to go back redo something. The flexibility of this software is unmatched.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Clearview InFocus
Clearview InFocus review by Gregg F.
Gregg F.

"Great as a SAAS solution for ACEC firms"

What do you like best?

* Reasonable setup and ongoing price per seat. Monthly billing available.

* Quick and easy setup. We were online within 24 hours and had our data converted from Deltek within 7 business days.

* Great technical support via dedicated user login message board interface. Answers/response are usually taken care of in under 2 hours for non-critical/emergency issues.

* InFocus Custom Reports and Invoice Designs can be created and edited using the SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005 from Microsoft.

What do you dislike?

The only real downside so far has been speed of the interface. We had this as an onsite server and response times were awesome with our own dedicated server. I would have hoped that with SaaS that the background horsepower for their servers would be a little better than what it is. Requests take approximately 4x as long to process as when we tested it as a local SQL installation. Please keep in mind that this is a "feels like" statement and not a technically measured out in milliseconds statement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a more cost-effective option than Deltek Vision. If that's your comparison as an ACEC firm, I'd say go for it! :)

Accounting Software for an ACEC firm.

What Project-Based ERP solution do you use?

Clearview InFocus review by Ruthy W.
Ruthy W.

"InFocus - Timesheet/Hours worked"

What do you like best?

I like that this product can tell me how many hours I have left for vacation time, sick time, holiday time, etc. as well as telling me how long I've worked on a specific project.

I also use InFocus to submit my time sheet. I can click on a specific box, type in the code, or search for it and easily enter how many hours I have worked on it for.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that InFocus is a little clunky and/or dated. It reminded me of a dial up connection from the past. When I first began using InFocus I was a little unsure of where to go look for what I needed. The short lag time did not help my search! I do not like that you are very limited in what you can do as a regular user/non administrator. It would be nice if they could update the overall look, perhaps make it more sleek, or just improve the time it takes to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other programs that are less dated if you are a high-tech person. It has a short lag time while jumping to different parts of the program as well as being slightly dated. Reminds me of a dial-up connection from the past...

InFocus allows me to bill my time to certain projects, and even categorize certain part of projects. InFocus also allows me to see how my work is billed and what percentage of hours I have worked/have left to work. I am solving how to properly bill time to certain projects.

Clearview InFocus review by Hannah C.
Hannah C.

"Clearview InFocus, Great project management software."

What do you like best?

-User friendly interface, and very flexible software with plenty reliable features. Clearview InFocus is quite helpful product when it comes to planning of all activities in different projects. eg, Scheduling of projects activities.

-I also like how you can track time, clients and all budgets curried out in a given project using this products.

-Its ability of project management, billing adjustments as well as financial reporting.

-This software is also costomizable. User can easily customize this product for better service production.

-Efficiency of their customer support team. The team provide quick response to their customers.

What do you dislike?

Clearview InFocus is a great product in all projects management, only that to apply custom on this software is not that easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For easy project management and billing of projects, Clearview InFocus remains the perfect tool.

-Billing of projects, Tracking of different activities in a project and also easy project management.

Clearview InFocus review by Barbara P.
Barbara P.

"Top Notch Product"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of transition from one software to another. It is a very easy software to learn and use. I have been using since 2010, and it has progressively gotten better and better. New features are always coming on board. Trust met...you will like it!

What do you dislike?

Reports are good but I required a great deal of customization to get the results needed. The one downside is that it does not have a payroll application. If you do in-house payroll, you will need a separate software to run along side InFocus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it...you'll like it!

We are a small architectural firm and opted to change to Clearview InFocus when the program we were using was getting too complicated and too expensive. InFocus met our needs in all our required billing, project tracking, etc., but for a smaller investment. Very easy to use.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a workhorse software. I can't say enough about it.

Clearview InFocus review by Johana R.
Johana R.

"Best ERP and Project Management Software for its price"

What do you like best?

It has all the blows a whistles SAP has to offer. For me, it was very important that InFocus had strong internal controls in order to preserve the integrity of the data. Additionally, it is very user-friendly and allows for quick queries, custom reports, and third-party integration. It is a software that caters to your needs without the big software restrictions.

What do you dislike?

Statements. In order to submit statements, it has to be manually generated versus the automated process to generate monthly invoices and mass emails to the clients. However, clients do receive a copy of their statement when an invoice is generated.

We have experienced unlimited benefits. The current project I am working with InFocus is, backlog projections tied to financials, live updates in InFocus. The greatest of all has been to streamline our process, have accurate and updated project information easily accessible to project managers, the partners in charge, and accounting. Prior to InFocus, everything was in Quickbooks and only 1 person had access to the information. The data gathered in Quickbooks was not accurate and could not be used for project analysis making the company utilize archaic methods. Project set-up and invoicing was painful as Quickbooks did not allow for multiple billing rates and flag reimbursable. InFocus has improved our company process in every aspect possible, project creation, billing, project management, HR, and accounting.

Clearview InFocus review by Chuck A.
Chuck A.

"Working with InFocus is a constant pleasure"

What do you like best?

With hundreds of projects and five offices our managers need to stay current on the status of their work and have the tools to develop new proposals. InFocus is indispensable for personnel management and project performance. Plus it provides financial statement and accounting data that is crucial for senior management and independent accountants. The data available and the variety of the reports are limitless. Also, our clients want their invoices and reports in a wide variety of styles. The open structure and adaptability of the InFocus system is a constant marvel at design and intuition.

We worked with Clearview for a couple of months in order to transfer our existing clients, projects, time records and accounting records to our new system. With over 16,000 historical projects and a current work in process in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, we matched to the penny. Working with them is a pleasure.

What do you dislike?

Getting the other folks in our offices to accept and learn this new system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best decision we made. There may be comparable products out there, but I seriously doubt there is anything better. If there was a better product or solution, these folks would match or exceed it.

Project metrics such as profitability, performance, costing and scheduling. InFocus has become a critical management tool for all of our managers, both looking back and planning for the future.

Clearview InFocus review by Jeffrey G.
Jeffrey G.

"Best A&E ERP"

What do you like best?

I like it's ease of use. It does everything that you'd expect and A&E ERP system to do. From managing the basics such as payables, receivables and billing to project management and financial reporting.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that you cannot archive and compress historical data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clearview InFocus provides greater bang for the buck.

When an A&E firm can tell which projects and types of projects are most profitable to them, they build a basis for solid cost estimation and a track record of performance to help drive efficiencies into business development processes. This enables them to focus on projects that are best suited for firm skill sets which will, in turn, increase win rates. Being able to identify and provide past performance information to customers is a key differentiator in the bid cycle. InFocus does this for us.

Clearview InFocus review by Gracie A.
Gracie A.

"Infocus Review"

What do you like best?

Infocus is a great software program for engineering firms that want to track project costs and forecasting.

What do you dislike?

It is a challenge to learn how to manipulate the data once you have it in the system. There is definitely a learning curve. It is good to go to seminars, user groups, etc. to understand the many features of the software.

Project Management, Timesheet tracking, expense reports

Clearview InFocus review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Clearview - keeps the focus on operations as opposed to the software"

What do you like best?

Scalability

Flexibility

They focus on Project Accounting and not Payroll processing like other software. They do not want to be a payroll company

multi company

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike except for setting up of new companies can be tedious and sometimes complex depending on the intercompany aspect and how it is handled

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product - Great People - focused on your needs not meeting a quota objective

Rising costs of other software products was killing us - this product is more price friendly

Allowed us to customize without having to be software experts.

Clearview InFocus review by sanae c.
sanae c.

"InFocus is just great!!"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about InFocus is just how user friendly it is, and it doesn't require a lot of training.

What do you dislike?

Currently there is nothing a true dislike. But if i had to pick one it would be the fact that reports require a lot of customization to get the results needed.

This software is easy to use and the support team is great for every question and issue you have.

Clearview InFocus review by Rick W.
Rick W.

"User friendly!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Minimal training needed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that not enough people are using it.

Timesheet entry, various financial reports... etc..

Clearview InFocus review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"InFocus does the job."

What do you like best?

What I like best about InFocus is how robust it is.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Infocus is how complicated it can be to customize.

We use InFocus to track clients, vendors, projects, accounting, time and expenses and more. It seems to be a pretty versatile piece of software.

Clearview InFocus review by Mark L.
Mark L.

"Infocus review"

What do you like best?

Lots of options and capability of doing some specialty reporting

What do you dislike?

Time it takes to develop reports that are custom

PM tracking reports

Clearview InFocus review by Administrator

"InFocus allows us to guide our organization in real time."

What do you like best?

InFocus is very flexible in how we operate and view our financial information. Great tool.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve of those that are less accounting savvy.

We know have command of our numbers. It's fantastic to see our organization by the numbers in real time and be able to make financial and project decisions.

Clearview InFocus review by User

"Great for Engineering Firms! "

What do you like best?

The billing applets and financial reports are very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Custom reports can be difficult, but the support team is very helpful.

The way the timesheets, project set up and invoicing are all integrated has really made invoicing a lot less complicated.

Learning about Clearview InFocus?

* We monitor all Clearview InFocus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.