Canvas Reviews & Product Details

Canvas Overview

What is Canvas?

Through open, usable, cloud-based technologies, Canvas enables easy integration of the content, tools, and services that teachers need and students want. Not surprisingly, listening to users about their needs and wants—then rolling out the most usable, customizable, adaptable, and reliable learning platform (think 99.9% uptime)—makes all the difference when it comes to campus-wide LMS adoption. That’s why Canvas is adopted faster and deeper (or, is used in more ways by more users) than any other LMS. So, in the end, investing in 21st century education technology actually makes teaching and learning easier (like it’s supposed to). Canvas is the educational revolution by Instructure, the technology company that makes smart software that makes people smarter. In addition to the Canvas learning management system (LMS), Instructure offers Canvas Commons, the learning object repository (LOR) that actually gets used; Canvas Catalog, the customizable, all-in-one course catalog, registration system, and payment gateway; and Canvas Network, an index of open, online courses taught by educators everywhere. Learn more about the expanding Canvas edu-ecosystem at www.CanvasLMS.com.

Canvas Details
Discussions
Canvas Community

Canvas is the LMS that makes teaching and learning (and implementation and adoption and customer support and student success and bragging to your non-Canvas-using peers) easier.

Instructure

Showing 1,143 Canvas reviews
Showing 1,143 reviews
Already have Canvas?
Homemaker
What do you like best?

What I like best about Canvas is how it optimizes everything - you can find all information in one place without having to switch between applications or modalities. I no longer have to worry because I don't have my notebook with me or forgot about a text to read - its all on Canvas. I really think the agenda software it has is incredible because as a student - I need to see my reminders and due dates in order to keep track of my assignments - and Canvas does a great job for this reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think Canvas could improve by maybe changing themes or colors for your display. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For everyone who is considering using Canvas - it truly helps in an online world - or offline as well! Students are able to keep track of class and professors are able to easily keep track of students ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I believe Canvas has solved many problems - specially in regards to online learning. It really keeps every student and professor engaged - and allows plenty of material to be uploaded online and accessed from anywhere. It also displays your grades, your readings, the people in your class - it truly has it all.It also is time effective because you do not have to bother your professor or contact others to find course information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Canvas
Admissions Advisor
What do you like best?

Ease of use for the students. Our students have no problem with navigating the program. The transition process was fairly easy and learning to navigate for both staff and students didn't seem to be a problem for most. Some students do however have problems with logging in. This may be due to student error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For some reason some of our students have problems with logging in. I would like better help with resetting students passwords. They always come to me for help and I'm not that familiar as I do not use the program myself, I just aid and advise the students. I may need more learning and better tutorials on helping students with changing passwords or logging in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would just make sure to gather all students and go over Canvas completely and thoroughly with all students and staff members. Make sure every one understands and feels comfortable with use. Students love to blame software, internet, and other platform based tools on missed assignments etc. Be ready for a lot of questions and be ready to help them log in! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online learning. Our students transitioned from in class learning to 50% using canvas. Due to covid we had to change our students over from in class learning to 2 days a week using canvas and zoom to complete classwork. After covid we will continue to use canvas as one of our platforms. I am part of the admissions team, so I don't use canvas daily, however, I do help students with trouble shooting and logging in. Canvas is used daily by all the students on campus to help with learning and organizing grades and assignments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instructional Technologist/Designer
What do you like best?

I like the updated look and feel of Canvas compared with older LMS. I like how easy it is to make organized courses that look nice. The ability to create templates and share content in the Commons is wonderful. It makes it so easy for faculty to collaborate internally and externally. I like the 24/7 support - I believe this is something we have purchased, but it is very helpful to augment our team which is not available 24/7. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Canvas is still missing things that I realize now I took for granted in other systems. They need to listen to faculty and prioritize some of these issues for development. The grade book is under developed. There is no way to add more than one column for text or information. It is somewhat confusing to do weighted grades, too. There is no way to reset an individual student's assignment submission or allow just a single student to resubmit to an assignment. This makes it very difficulty for faculty who relied on this feature in other LMS. I wish that it was easier to export quizzes/tests and question banks. I had a huge task when I was trying to convert some test banks from Canvas to another LMS using Rsepondus Test Creator. This should be much more streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend making a plan and investing in resources to help with the migration of courses from your current LMS to Canvas. Also, take advantage of support and options available to you through Instructure. Even if there are things that don't work as expected, your institution and faculty will appreciate having help and support when they need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are providing more flexible learning opportunities with Canvas. It is easy for students to use and many faculty find that it is more intuitive than they expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
Higher Education
What do you like best?

It's so easy to learn and use. A wide range of customizations are possible. You can use canvas outside of a structured institutional registration system. And the cost is low or even free for educators.

In addition, there is a wealth of setup and usage information for administrators and users. Users/students are greeted with a popup to guide them in use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I disliked anything about this, except for integrations. There are many apps available to integrate into Canvas, including Box and Dropbox, unfortunately without checking every single one you can't know if the addins are free or require a purchase/fee. Unfortunately the apps are not linked directly with Canvas, and you have to separately access their url. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a feature comparison, along with pricing and ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Several years ago we had issues with getting our adult students 'officially' registered in time for starting coursework in the official system. At that time I started investigating ways of providing course access to students in advance of registration. I found it much preferable to the institutional system so continued using it!

As an independent education consultant, I am using canvas for online course development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The notifications for parents are extensive , which allows parents to keep on top of their student's progress while learning virtually from home. Full access to view grades, syllabi, and full assignments without having to use the student login is great! I get email notifications every time a teacher grades any assignment, test, or quiz for my son AND am then able to go back and look at the actual content, not just the grade. I can also view all future assignments and due dates, and have access to all videos, reference materials, websites, etc. that my son is using for his classes. Once hybrid learning starts in a couple weeks I can still utilize Canvas for everything, and have access immediately to his class schedules so I know where he is supposed to be throughout his in-person days as well. I have not explored the messaging options much yet on Canvas as my son's school district prefers to use a separate system for this, but honestly I wish they would just use Canvas and regular email communications as Canvas does simplify and condense all needed information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My main issue with Canvas was the difficulty in creating an account. I had to get multiple pairing codes, which is a code generated either from the student's Canvas account or by the school, which is required for a parent to setup an account. Basically it links the parent with only their student's Canvas directly, as opposed to a system which would require a parent to login and then search for their student each time. The first few pairing codes would not work, I was never given a reason why from the school. The other issue I had in account creation was attempting to setup an account through the Canvas App on my phone. Once you get a pairing code to work, you then have to click the "I am not a robot" security check box, which takes you to a series of pictures to ensure you are not a hacker, or a robot I guess. I COULD NOT get the picture page to load properly on my phone. I had to eventually setup my account via my work laptop, and of course get my final pairing code generated, to have success in creating my parent account. But now that I am registered and all setup I have had no further issues with login from my laptop. Frankly I have not tried the Canvass App again as I am not sure if I will have any success with it or not. Other than account creation it seems that sometimes assignments to not submit properly through Canvas, and my son has needed to email to his teachers directly. However I don't know if this is the Canvas system itself, or if his teachers are just not realizing the assignment is actually submitted and forgetting steps on their end. Virtual learning is new to all of us so that one is hard to judge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of my son not wanting to complete school work, as I have immediate access to see assignments that are missing, if a retake is available, and what time frame the retake must be completed in. I can also see the actual assignments, tests, quizzes, etc. instead of just a vague description of the course content like Infinate Campus supplies. I have the ability to see everything he is doing, and how well he is doing on it so I can identify if there are specific courses, content, etc. he may need extra help with. I can also see if he submits and assignment, and if the teacher has not viewed/graded it yet in the given time that lets me know the submission maybe did not take and we need to reach out to the teacher. Full access to due dates, course content, and actual assignments are a huge benefit. And I love all the different options for notifications to parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Canvas offers no limits on how creative you can be in creating code. It can be used for multiple purposes, be it the creation of scripting models for video games, the creation of 2D and 3D applications, interfaces, or any type of graphic editor. Canvas basically provides a new and stylish way of working with HTML5, which leads to an improvement in the comfort and manageability that has the structure of websites and other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback within Canvas is that it may not be supported by recent web browsers, which for web design would be limited to use only under the most popular browsers. In addition, by offering a new way to implement the HTML code, time is lost separating Canvas material from material created, for example, with floating boxes, whose system has remained almost unchanged since the launch of the first HTML models. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is recommended to work with Canvas directly from the version designed for desktop computers, since they have more features when it comes to adaptation to web browsers, and it is better to create a base where you can then apply the media querys when you want to alter the design of the platform created for use in other devices with different screen sizes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Canvas is the most viable option when creating HTML code from scratch, because it makes the identification of elements within the code easier and at the same time more organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Swim Coach
What do you like best?

I like that Canvas is totally customizable. You can do almost anything imaginable with Canvas to engage your learners and there are a lot of opportunities for integration. This integrates nicely with Powerschool Pro, as long as the titles are short enough and the assignments are in a specific category. The automatic Grade Sync button is also a very useful tool for updating the grade book.

I love being able to make my homepage specifically to my student's needs and also having the flexibility of editing things on a moment's notice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That being said... Canvas is incredibly complex and takes a long time for teachers and administrators to use.

As a younger (and I would say more technologically advance teacher at the age of 25) , I get roped into helping the older crowd learn Canvas. I, however, do not know as much as should with how much we use Canvas.

We need to have hours of professional development to really learn the ins and outs Canvas.

There are many issues with students viewing Youtube videos and I have to post them multiple ways so that they can access them.

The speed grading tool also does not work very effectively either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time with your teachers/staff/users to get familiar with Canvas, get their homepages and classes set up and work through some of the kinks that they may find. Canvas takes time, but can be worth it in the end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Canvas is allowing my school to connect with students during COVID-19. I can reach them with one simple message through the platform. I can post announcements. They can reach my live zoom class through a "button" set up on my homepage that I customized for all of my English language learners to easily find. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

If you teach more than one class it is helpful as the classes each have their own portal. The grade book is easy to enter grades. It is useful to have archived classes because you can copy and paste the same information into the most current class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this software for 5 years now and I still struggle and I am a pretty technology savvy person. It is not user friendly and I constantly have to search for items that I am needing to view. You can' view the grade book in its entirety and the individual student view does not do as it should to be useful. They need to have some good help sections to possibly help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time looking around prior to implementing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving being in tune and gradin my students work. The benefits are that there is a faculty area to put notes for individual students for other faculty and staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

I'm using Canvas privately to illustrate, describe and draw things for myself and many friends and family. It is the "on stop shopping place" for all these tasks. The capability to import from and export into soo many different file formats (means other systems) is amazing. No need for a fully loaded CAD system. It is very versatile and the results are professional looking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since I'm using it occasionally only sometimes it takes a while to remember how to make use of certain functionality. But this is rather my problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for merging different sources of images, especially adding sketches, text and technical information to photos and other images is very easy. It makes it easy to tell and explain something with a combination of pictures and technical drawings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director, Finance (Cell and Gene / CAR-T / Kymriah)
What do you like best?

There's a well organized platform. Both parties submit and easily view the work, and various grading options are also available. Assignments are submitted and educators can be informed about updates and advertisements easily. In my opinion, much better unlike Google Classroom as well as Blackbaud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform does have functionalities that at first make it difficult for students and faculty to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Something to consider is the amount of material that you will post online... Similar systems such as Google Classroom may have been a better alternative if most of the curriculum is on paper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System and application notifications - normally difficult to view mobile tasks and tablets, but it is included in the canvas app. Mobile features also allow for communication between parties that is easy to communicate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

The platform is well-organized. Work is easily submitted and easily viewed by either party, and there are also various grading options. Assignments are posted and notifications can be sent to students to easily notify with updates or announcements. Far better than Google Classroom or Blackbaud in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform has many different features, which may make it difficult to use for students and teachers at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Something to definitely consider is the quantity of material you'll be posting online... if most of the curriculum is on paper, similar platforms like Google Classroom may be a better option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notifications system and application - normally hard to view assignments on mobile or tablets, but the canvas app caters to that feature. Notifications are also allowed in mobile feature, allowing for easy communication between parties Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Canvas is how user friendly the system is. The courses are available immediately on the Dashboard upon logging in - no need to search around trying to find the appropriate classroom. The student's Dashboard will split courses by semester/segments for easier sorting. The staff are able to maneuver throughout the program and access assignments and grades with ease. The students have the inbox available for contacting teachers in an efficient manner and with just a few clicks - no need to access an outside email server. The course information is simple to follow through and can be guided with minimal clicks. Student's can provide access codes to parents for the parents to have observer accounts to monitor their student's progress. It's an all around, user friendly system with wonderful tech support resources! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A downside to Canvas would be that it does have such a simple interface that complex uploads may not make Canvas beneficial to use. You also cannot connect through live video resources and must use an alternate program to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During these unprecedented times, Canvas has been a wonderful resource for students to continue their education and participate in class. It has been beneficial for students to have one place to access their courses. Previously, our District utilized Focus and while it has wonderful benefits, it was not best utilized for the posting and uploading of assignments. Canvas makes this more simplified for the students and is a better resource for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create/grade quizzes and assignments. SpeedGrader is a lifesaver. It makes grading assignments so much easier, and I particularly like that you can go straight from the "Grades" tab to SpeedGrader. This means that you can see which students have turned in which assignments, and immediately jump into grading. The color coding on the "Grades" tab is especially useful, even though it took a while to get the hang of it. (Some colors were not especially intuitive.) Additionally, creating/grading Discussion forums is a breeze. Canvas has all the functionality I need for my classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to assign due dates to certain sections of a class. I believe you can only change due dates for all sections, or each section individually, which is difficult. I wish the color-coding/symbols in the "Grades" tab were more clearly explained. For example, it would be useful if a key automatically showed up on the side, or if hovering the cursor over a symbol/color would make an explanation come up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Canvas allows me to use one platform for all communications with my students. They turn in assignments, check their grades, access homework and all other files/videos that I want to share with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peer Leader
What do you like best?

It's a huge step up from our previous platform. Not only is it visually appealing, but it feels way more capable of handling the modern needs of education. I love the ability to upload different file types easily, the messaging section is also handy and effective. The calendar is an excellent way to visualize what I have to do and when it's due. I genuinely appreciate the mobile app as well. I can't always have access to my laptop, so the iOS app is great and reliable. It allows me to quickly access any development that happens on-the-go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's honestly not much that I dislike. I have been using it for a while now and I'm so used to it. I haven't experienced hiccups or issues that would cause this grade to become lower. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to have a platform for my learning experience that is capable of handling all the features needed for this (communication, uploads, media, calendar/to-do) on top of having a handy mobile app that complements well and keeps me updated instantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There is a lot of flexibility to design a course the way you want it. Everything is in there already too - discussion board, notifications, ability to link out, assignments, modules, quizzes, etc. All built in already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does require some skill to create content that looks elegant rather than clunky. It helps to know a little bit of coding, or at least how to Google the code you need and copy and paste it where you need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Students were using multiple different sites for learning. This allows everything to be in one place, and gives us the ability to better track their progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My sister-in-law is a teacher at a middle school and gave me a great review about it. She said that giving feedback to her students especially during remote learning was very easy through this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I figured that I could also use Canvas to help train my employees on complex topics like ad-targeting but It didn't really seem like a good fit. It seems like Canvas is best geared towards schooling because it is challenging for admin like me to utilize all the features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Canvas has helped me moniter that my users are actually watching the content trough tools like quizes. It also makes it very easy to organize all the course material. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Canvas is an infallible automatic design management web server, in which its operation develops impressive intuitive source captures, cloud enriched technology relationships to monitor internal control executions of presentations, content separations to process professional education levels of schematized technical support business aspects, business assistance positioning, market workflow repair, real time marketing follow-ups, shared resources management for campaign segmentation time, intelligent organizational frequency propulsion measurements, are executed through this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In canvas, problems of sales recognition arise, in which your system is affected when trying to make negotiation and design opportunities in the foreground, having a decrease in preparations, customer support follow-ups, followed by interference of web management of robust navigation, approaches to the wrong control of email, undefined projection of scalable remote qualification resources, order segmentation of analytical integrations for cloud content management, tend to be raised with an imprecise information balance from the outset, having to perform a global systematization of open source interactions to restore the properties found in this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the canvas systems, because its base operation equips sections of trade attention planning, internal programming separations of metadata, credit value contributions of campaign presentations, modifications of access references to stored data, data loss containment polling positions, profitable interface relations, with simplified web approaches, file transfer equipment, processing innovations of business analytical loads, definition of digital introduction to sales markets, design of product information in a professional way, scalable measurements of economic drive are found with this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To master e-commerce tracking aspects, structure real-time campaign creation designs, record uptime of delivery media systems, educational level control clusters, successful market research insights, computerized marketing orientation service adaptation, customer data selections, cloud content expansions, news preparation link writing, use of automatic data dump templates, professional metric performance planning for asset management, are worked through using this application, to maintain my company's management distinction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I love the speedgrader feature! I can very easily go through and see what each scholar has submitted as well as give them feedback in one place. It has made online grading a breeze! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't copy an announcement across all courses at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Access the help videos. You can use youtube as well. There is a host of how-to videos there. Canvas is capable of doing much more than I am even aware of, I'm sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can't seem to figure out how to limit notifications for one class and not all of them. It's really easy to communicate with my scholars! This is a great benefit; because they have everything they need in one place. It can be difficult for some students to have to navigate online to many different sites. It's great to have everything they need in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Since were are zooming due to the pandemic, CANVAS allows us to tape our lectures/classroom activity and place recordings through their studio function in the tool for students to review. Plus the items can only be retrieved through CANVAS and cannot taken off the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything at this time that I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend CANVAS to others in the academic world. It allows ease of use and has multiple features that fulfill the needs of a professional academic program. Compared to other similar tools that I have used in the academic world, CANVAS has the most clinical utility. Although our greater University uses CANVAS e.g. undergrad, the cost has not been an issue and I cannot compare that part of the equation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Posting zoom recorded lectures

Distributing handouts/virtual

Communicating with students Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Executive
What do you like best?

Canvas is very easy to operate. It is one of the best learning platforms to develop competitive skills in the rapidly changing world. Navigation is very easy on Canvas. I found it to be an excellent online learning platform that combines technology with education. Also, the courses can be exchanged very comfortably. Another thing I love about Canvas is that I can easily get my grades and judge my performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes glitches occur which are very irritating. The email interface is quite tricky to use. Its interface should be made easy. Another issue with email is that sometimes receiver of emails complain that they haven't received the email sent by me; I don't know why this problem happens. The mobile application is not customized properly in my opinion. It is very difficult to use it on mobile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Canvas is a very user-friendly software. It has proven itself to be a very useful tool that helps effective collaboration between teachers and students. The dashboard's interface is wonderful; users can view their courses in it. The grading system helps to keep the record of your ability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Systems & Automation Engineer
Computer & Network Security
What do you like best?

Canvas shines above other campus LMS systems such as D2L Brightspace and Moodle in a less cluttered, page-oriented layout, eschewing a card model. Assignments, quizzes, and other course materials are given dedicated pages, with clear information and separation from each other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Where Canvas needs to improve is showing a clear overview of all courses and their coursework overview, as well as a lack of navigation consistency in their mobile app, with navigation between courses being constrained by an unclear combination of gestures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Delivery of fully online and blended post-secondary courses, including student-instructor communication, assignment delivery and marking, and test/quiz administration and proctoring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I have enjoyed Canvas for my students while we are working on distance learning. Canvas is an online platform that my students are using to complete daily assignments, quizzes and test. Canvas is a very complex online platform and our district uses it for all forms of communication and learning. In my Canvas account I am able to make pages and modules. All pages and modules are customized by the user and can also use HTML code reader. I am able to add in Google slides and other websites that allow me to embed html codes. My students use a welcome page when they enter Canvas. This page then allows them to be linked to different pages and modules. The modules are assigned work and activities for students to complete. I like that each page can be linked or hyperlinked to different pages or websites. I have also enjoyed being able to assign multiple assignments and keep them organized in a module. And all these assignments are created in Canvas. Canvas has the option to make quizzes or an assignment to complete. There are multiple options when deciding the type of work or how you want to receive the work back. You can ask for a student to record a video or upload a photo and send it back to the teacher. Students can also type in a fill in the blank or essay option answer. There is a great variety and multimedia option to receive work back from students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the program it's self doesn't always run smoothly. There are issues with the students being able to access the work easily. The program is very overwhelming at first when being used and set up. The teacher or the school is creating everything from blank pages or modules and those two main ideas are very confusing until you are able to use them and decide which would be best to use in your classroom. There is a difficulty with copying and pasting items or images in the pages. There is not an undo button so you need to be careful when working and designing pages that you don't delete something by accident. There isn't a lot of options for fonts when creating text. Creating quizzes and assignments isn't very user friendly and it takes lots of time create in Canvas. When students are completing quizzes and assignments, I do not like that there isn't a way to print the quiz or the assignment. For my students in class, I would like to print a copy of the work and that doesn't seem to be an option. I also have a struggle with getting data back on those quizzes and assignments. I want to be able to print all student grades and this cant be found in the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say Canvas is a great program for schools to use. There is a lot the program allows teachers, students and administration to use in order to teach and facilitate effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Canvas has allowed our district to teach hybrid. Canvas is being used by our students at home and in class. We are able to have all students sign onto one place to find their work and to complete lessons. I have enjoyed the organization part of Canvas where all students to come in and work. I am also using Canvas to help get fed back and data from students. I can view an assignment that was created, or a quiz, and check on the students progress and score. I can then check in with the student and reassign the work if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.