Buffer Reviews & Product Details

What is Buffer?

Buffer is an intuitive, streamlined social media management platform trusted by brands, businesses, agencies, and individuals to help drive meaningful engagement and results on social media. We have a suite of products for publishing, engagement, analytics, and team collaboration (Publish, Reply, and Analyze). Our products are carefully considered and highly refined in order to help social media marketers and teams work more efficiently and effectively. Buffer is a team of real people, aligned in common values. Being a Buffer customer should feel like you have a whole team of people cheering for you. We want to see you succeed on social!

Buffer Screenshots

Education Management
Most Recent Buffer Video Review
Digital Media Manager + Virtual Assistant

"One of the Best"

What do you like best?

Buffer is a simple, beautiful, and easy to use social media management software. It's great for those with a smaller budget and just starting out or those who don't like working with technology. I love how Buffer integrations with so many different platforms and the Chrome extension are beyond easy to use and make it simple and quick to collect content for your queue. Overall, you should be able to get it up and running in an hour or less with little effort and you will love the setup and ease of everything.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is a bit all over the place and I hate how they have broken up the different platforms that you really need as an all in one option. For instance, in order to respond to your audience, you would need to use a separate software called Buffer Analyze and it has its own fee in addition to what you for Buffer. Buffer has a free option but you can only connect 3 accounts and you can only schedule 10 posts per account. That can get to be time-consuming and eventually with growth you'll need to upgrade, but the good news is that they have a $15 plan that is great for the next step up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is another great one for those just starting out in their business and desires something simple and quick to use to manage their social media. When you start to grow you will need to consider other options due to cost due to everything being broken up into different platforms.

Scheduling for a Client their social media posts and being able to quickly curate content from just about any source using the Buffer Chrome extension.

Social media Manager

"Buffer saves me the stress of sharing my articles"

What do you like best?

Buffer helps me manage all my company's social media handles from a place. I connected my Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook pages so whenever I have an information to pass, I just lo-gin to my buffer dashboard.

I also schedule posts and good a thing, the free plan allows up to 10 scheduled posts per day which is pretty good for me.

What do you dislike?

In scheduling posts, if they can change the time to West African time it'll be great.

Also, I always have to reauthorize my Twitter account which is not so annoying, I which thy can do something about that too.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buffer app is great, I use the free plan which allow up to 10 schedules per day and it's okay for me. If you need more than that, you can as well upgrade to the premium.

It has helped me manage my company's social media handles without having to log-in to the accounts.

Community manager
(Myself Only)

" Excellent platform to manage social networks."

What do you like best?

Managing social network accounts efficiently is one of the main objectives of my trade, it is currently very demanded by organizations or companies to have a community manager, and I particularly think that having a correct software portfolio makes the difference, is why buffer is part of this portfolio, the ease of publishing content on multiple platforms effectively and integration as a complement to Chrome makes it worthy to be my favorite ally.

What do you dislike?

They must improve two aspects and is in favor of this platform is perfect, the first is the flaws that are commonly presented with istagram and the second and last in my case is to improve the functionality of labeling.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although it facilitates the work and saves you effort if you make a correct programming I do not recommend leaving it alone, do weekly monitoring or as often as you decide to work on insurance.

Manage the social networks of my clients, program the contents and publish them automatically. Increase in the visibility of the accounts I manage.

HEALTH

"Perfect for social media marketing"

What do you like best?

I like that you create your posts, define your posting schedule and let the app do it's magic automatically. Most social media marketers I know care more about the quality of their posts than scheduling each post with an exact date and time and that's where buffer excels.

What do you dislike?

The buffer is missing some crucial collaboration features of other software that makes it hard to use for working as a team. And the pricing is just to high for the present standard on social media princing applications. If u have the money, is not a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is the best application in the sociual media marketing world, but the price is just too high, i still pay the subscription, just because i dont know how to live without it.

I save time beacuse buffer is a great tool to "collect" posts from everywhere you go and just put it into your queue with the click of a button. And i solve the problem of social media analitycs too.

Office Assistant

"I use this a minimum of 3x a week!!"

What do you like best?

For a small business, the cost is perfect! You can queue up to 9 posts for free.

You can post the same thing to multiple social media posts at the same time

Or you can make changes(big or small) to the post and still post them at the same time

You can set up a queue schedule for the optimal social media times or you can choose exactly when the post should go live

They have added new features since we started using Buffer

They keep you up to date with any issues they may be facing via email

What do you dislike?

Some posts have to be made manually to Instagram due to size restrictions, not a huge problem, just a little inconvenient. Instagram often disconnects from the service and needs to be corrected. When using it on the mobile app, it saves the image you are trying to post no fewer than 3 times? It is unnecessary but an easy fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is nothing to lose, try the free version and see what you think. In all reality, many businesses will only need the free version after all!

Social media posts have gotten so much simpler. I am able to schedule it and for the most part, forget about it. I went on a vacation and was able to still keep up with social media, without worrying about work on my vacation!

Thailand editor & managing editor

"Fantastic product, awesome company"

What do you like best?

Buffer is amazingly good and easy to implement, but the team are even more awesome. The company has an amazing approach to customer satisfaction over profits.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. why must I write 40 characters saying nothing?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We're always happy to be associated with businesses which treat their customers well. Buffer not only provides a powerful and useful product, but the company operates on a policy of customer satisfaction ahead of profits. A recipe that can only be successful.

We are an independent, bootstrapped, news site based in Cambodia. Buffer enables us to save a minimum of four person-hours a day and a ton of stress in distributing our news and feature stories rapidly to social networks.

During our morning news roll our we are publishing one story every two minutes. 'Employing' buffer enables provides our editors with additional time to focus on other things during a stressful 30 minute period.

Business Development/Creative

"Convenient but glitchy"

What do you like best?

I think that Buffer, once you get the hang of it, can be very convenient and pretty quick to use.

What do you dislike?

A lot of things. They have recurrent "unknown error" issues where posts will fail (especially Instagram), the link shortening will override your text even if you selected "unshortened", you have to know exactly where to click if you want to post to multiple platforms at the same time (not very intuitive), and tagging is near impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to consider ease of use. This software is meant for convenience, but you really have to watch it all the time to make sure it's even working.

We were happy to have a way to share and customize content across platforms. We could schedule, and move on with other tasks! Unfortunately though, we couldn't always trust it to schedule correctly, so we were always double checking posts anyways.

Owner
Internet

"Ecommerce marketing agency with a heavy focus on Social Media marketing"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the scheduling implementation in the app, and the Chrome plugin, both of which make for pretty painless scheduling & posting. I also really appreciate the overall 'tone' and 'attitude' of the Buffer implementation, and company communications.

What do you dislike?

The scheduler can be a little flaky, and unfortunately, it isn't too uncommon to 'lose' a post mid-creation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the effort to learn the platform instead of just winging it and plowing forward, which is what we did initially.

Anyone who relies on social media marketing understands the necessity of frequent, regular posts, and if you're doing that across multiple platforms, as most social media marketing efforts do, it quickly adds up to a LOT of posts. If you add in the necessity of having many original posts - as opposed to 'shares' - you're talking a LOT of time & effort. This makes schedulers a must, and in my experience, Buffer offers the best compromise between features, functionality, and ease-of-use.

Temporary Marketing Assistant
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Buffer Makes Life Easier"

What do you like best?

I like that there is an app, so I can check and edit things on my phone and post manually if I need to. I can get all my posts in Buffer at the beginning of the week and know that everything will get posted on time and at the optimal hour.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there are picture size maximums and that I can only post on Instagram once a day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! It's really easy to use and does everything you could possibly need it to do. The app is easy to navigate and helps keep me organized on the go. I have recommended Buffer to multiple people and they all love it. It makes the like of a social media marketer much easier!!

I am able to get all my work for the week done on Monday morning and not have to worry about posting manually every day. I am able to use my time more wisely throughout the rest of the week.

Digital Marketing Manager

"Buffer review"

What do you like best?

I have been trying buffer for last few months and I really like their publishing feature as it helps me to schedule content across different platforms. Also the user interface of this tool is awesome and If you are the first time user even then you can use it without any guidance. Also the Pablo feature of this tool helps me to edit graphics and images.

What do you dislike?

I really like this tool and have no complaint against this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a cheap and comprehensive SMM tool then I'd suggest you to go for this tool

This tool saves my time in managing the various social media profiles. I can easily schedule content across different platforms. Also this tool is inexpensive and don't put any burden on my pocket

Product & Technology Strategist

"Buffer makes socialmedia easy"

What do you like best?

The ability to create content and post to multiple social media platforms at the same time. Simplifies sharing of updates and downloads for our team efficiently

What do you dislike?

It would be good if Buffer pointed out certain details regarding which types and sizes of images can be used in posts. For exampe, Instagram prefers images that are at a 3x2 aspect ratio, which is different from a FB post or Tweet. Different sized images will look differently in the final post. If a user is unfamiliar with these details, they could be posting without the image/content looking as professional as it could.

We are streamlining our efforts to interact with our user base. Making posts to our official social media accounts is much easier now that we use Buffer, versus logging into each individual account and making the same posts for multiple platforms. Saves us time and effort.

Cofounder

"Buffer is Easy To Use and Makes Me More Productive"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Buffer is that I can initiate a social media post from the webpage of the content I'm currently reading. This distinguishes Buffer from other platforms like Hootsuite. My second favorite thing is the ability to schedule social media postings across platforms. And since I manage multiple accounts, I like the ease of scheduling everything from one dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Buffer was AWESOME until Facebook created the rule about original images only and Twitter disallowed scheduling the same tweet across multiple accounts. I wasn't a spammer -- I just managed multiple accounts with a similar focus. And the Facebook image thing is proving a nightmare since some unsophisticated sites don't have the right image showing up automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to install the app on your iphone as well! You can create and schedule content easily from your phone too.

Keeping up with content posting on social media is time consuming. Buffer lets you easily create and schedule content while you are reading relevant information about your industry.

Office Manager/Marketing Director

"Good for Multiple Platforms"

What do you like best?

Buffer was one of the only social schedulers that offered all of the platforms we use. The main snag with most of the others was they didn't include Pinterest. I much prefer to have everything in one place! It's also really affordable for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had a different format for each platform, or at least some of them. I ended up switching my Pinterest account to Tailwind, because it's MUCH easier to use and has a way better interface for that. I've had some troubles with Buffer being slow or glitchy lately, so that's been frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for maintaining multiple platforms in one place, and easy to use and affordable for small businesses. I may suggest a different platform depending on what social accounts you use. I like that it's simple and uncomplicated, but larger businesses may want more features that what Buffer offers.

It helps me keep on my social on track, plan ahead, and not have to worry about it or scramble last minute. It definitely frees up time to focus on other tasks.

Response from Alfred Lua of Buffer

Hi, Maisie, thank you so much for your kind review and feedback. If you are up for sharing, I would love to hear how you think we can make Buffer easier to use for Pinterest and what different format you're looking for. My email is alfred@buffer.com. Thanks for the help.

Marketer

"Great, affordable tool for managing multiple social accounts"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of switching between social accounts and quickly customizing content for each channel. I also like that I can use it for free and still get the main functionality that I need (scheduling posts in advance, according to a schedule).

What do you dislike?

The free version does limit the number of accounts you can connect, so if you're hoping to use this for all of your social accounts (or on behalf of a client) you'll have to pay. But it's a fair exchange for the functionality you do get, and they can't give everything away for free!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The paid version isn't too expensive, and gives you a ton more functionality, so I recommend it if you or your business is a heavy social media user.

Managing social media content, posting it regularly (and automatically) on a schedule.

"Good for a not complex solution"

What do you like best?

It's a good tool for a easy use of it, it has an easy and very intuitive interface, really like it for post in all social media accounts same content or make visible content for some target. You can customize messages for each social media account, so you will not be limited for that twitter's limit of characters on Facebook.

What do you dislike?

It hasn't a lot of functions, so it's just for a easy use of it, their stats are not very good, are simple and poor of bias for understand better your public. Have some bugs on Twitters' profile pic and connecting with Instagram, so must be a bit annoying don't use all functions correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want something fast, cheap and with not so much difficult, take this one, however if you want some tool complete and with a lot of features, this isn't maybe your best choice.

Our needs of a organizated posting on social media, it solved our problem about that. So if you want just a easy and basic tool for organice your social media posting, this will be a great solution, you will not have a lot of functions on it but for start in this world, it will be a good choice, also have a free plan so you don't must to pay for use their basic service, allowing you to test it before waste money on it.

Response from Alfred Lua of Buffer

Thank you for the kind review and feedback, Al. I'm glad to hear that Buffer is able to solve your social media posting needs. If you don't mind sharing, I would love to hear what other functions you are looking for in the tool to understand how we can improve. Thank you.

Owner and Social Media Strategist
Arts and Crafts
(Myself Only)

"Best streamlined, easy, social media scheduler"

What do you like best?

Buffer is so easy to use - I can schedule posts from desktop and mobile quickly. Plus, you can schedule retweets! You can bulk upload posts using another tool, like Bulk Buffer (not associated with Buffer). I use it for scheduling LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter posts.

What do you dislike?

Buffer isn't the best for Pinterest or Instagram.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Buffer to schedule LinkedIn, Google+, and twitter updates. I do not recommend it for Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram. Use a tool like IFTTT or Zapier to collect your posts in a spreadsheet. Edit/update those and then you can bulk upload those posts into Buffer, using an external tool like Bulk Buffer, to schedule literally 100s of posts in one sitting. Buffer is a phenomenal value and easy for any to use!

I can schedule a bunch of tweets and updates at once and then use the shuffle feature to rearrange them in different orders on each account. In minutes I can schedule a weeks' worth of social media updates. Buffer allows you to quickly and easily connect accounts, change your posting schedule, and add content from anywhere.

See analyst

"best social media management tool"

What do you like best?

Buffer is a great tool for managing all the social media platforms from one place. Buffer gives services for various social media platforms Including Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Google+ and more. With Buffer were able to manage the social media platforms from one place.

What do you dislike?

Buffer manages Different social media with just one click, So far I did not come across any issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buffer can help in saving time when it comes to Social media content promotion. Buffer has ability to manage different social media profiles from single place. Best social media management tool for saving time remaining active.

Posting updates on different social media platforms was time consuming but When it comes to Buffers then its a matter of just one click. Buffer is very fast and post the content in the same order and format.

Account Manager

"Excellent for social media management"

What do you like best?

I like that i can manage the social media accounts that i use in work, is just great, the feature i love and use, is the feature of using multiple accounts at the same time, is such a time-saving experience.

What do you dislike?

I will love to see a little bit of improvement like Hootsuite do sometimes, the buffer app is great but compared to Hootsuite, it perform better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buffer is great for using multiple RRSS at the same time, in work it just save my life and make it more easy every day.

Im solving the problem of multiple accounts that i use in work, i can use a lot of same RRSS with different clients. This is a time-saving feature that buffer has to offer.

"Great for schedule posts in social media"

What do you like best?

Is a very simple tool, with a good number of options, i really like scheduled posts, is easy to do it. A nice and armonized interface make you easier manage different social media accounts.

What do you dislike?

I use it on Twitter and you can't manage multiple twitter accounts on free plan (it is very complete for an easy manage of social media)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a simple tool for posting in different social networks, this is your product. Dont search more, you will have all you wanted. The best is the very easy to schedule posting, but maybe you will have some problems to configure your facebook and instagram account since facebook bought instagram.

It solve to us the usual problem of must to learn to use social media management tools before of use it, this tool is very usefull and simple for newbies.

Response from Alfred Lua of Buffer

Hi, Jorge, thank you for the kind review. Our free plan now allows users to manage three accounts on any platforms so managing two to three Twitter accounts should work fine. Would you be up for tweeting us at @buffer on Twitter if this isn't working for you? Thanks.

Director Of Operations
Photography

"Effective Social Media Planning Platform for Multiple Accounts"

What do you like best?

For my job in social media, I manage multiple accounts for a management agency. With Buffer, I'm able to quickly and effectively draft posts, with pictures and captions, for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter all in one place and prepare them for the week ahead.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I've had much trouble in the past with Buffer scheduling - it fails often to post photos that I schedule, which is extremely disappointing in times of busy-ness when posts need to go up regardless of my availability.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that your photos uploaded for posts scheduled are either 4x5 or square for Instagram, posts will not automatically publish if this is not correct.

With Buffer, I'm solving common issues with management for multiple social media platforms, helping myself and others effectively plan and execute worthwhile tactics for tens of businesses.

Artista
Apparel & Fashion

"Buffer to manage your social profiles at the best"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage my business social profiles at once. Also it's great because Buffer scan your audience to check and find the right time to post. You can of course program the posts so you do not have to follow every profile every minute.

What do you dislike?

The instagram function is just a reminder for you to post, not an actual posting feat.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a basic free version that you can use. I reccomend you to try it and see how great Buffer is.

Buffer is what I ever needed to manage my social media profiles. As a jewels sellers we always like to post pics and videos about our products, behind the scene on how we create jewels, and posts about promotions. Buffer helps me to program and post everything at the right time. I use it to manage the Facebook page and Instagram page of our business.

Content Strategist

"Quite An Effective Social Media Sharing Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is phenomenal, especially how one can draft a single post for all three major Social Media sharing platforms -- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. Also, it makes it very easy to track the engagement on your content in the form on reports and analytics. The team takes feedback very encouragingly. I'm happy that they've also added Instagram as a Social Media channel as well. Overall, it's doing what it says.

What do you dislike?

The tool isn't really seamless, gives errors out of the blue. The support isn't the best either. A lot of things could be improved regarding the robustness of the product. The tool is also very pricey for no reason, I'll be making a switch as soon as I get a better deal in the same price. Pay around $10/month just for the basic plan. Perhaps if they can price the same one around $5 a month it would really make sense to use this tool. Apart from these minor drawbacks, it's good enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please make sure you'll be able to get the value out of the money you pay.

Social sharing across the three major platforms from one place, one point. This is the only major benefit I've realized till now. I believe the team has a lot of scope to improve this product and add more features in alignment with the problems Social Media marketers face currently. They have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram right now, would be great if they also added channels such as Google+, Pinterest, Quora etc.

Social Media Manager

"A standout amongst the best market choices to deal with your work in informal communities"

What do you like best?

One of the cerebral pains of each network supervisor, is the reality of dealing with every one of the systems of one or a few customers, on account of Buffer that is a relic of past times. I truly like the likelihood that it offers me to have all that I need in one spot to improve my work and better. Something else I search for in a stage for the administration of informal communities, is to have the option to quantify the extent of every one of the issues that are distributed, because of support it is conceivable to acquire it with no issue. Likewise, I can take the time and the viability of my work, I have gotten a few days to get different clients since I began utilizing this magnificent stage, which converts into higher salary for my administrations bolstered by Buffer, I daresay that, at present, is the best option for the administration of informal communities.

What do you dislike?

I have been utilizing Buffer for quite a long while for the mechanization of my work and I am exceptionally content with everything that it offers, I can not contrarily influence it since I have perceived how they continually right every one of the burdens that emerge, so I don't go with my analysis with any negative remarks the stage. I am certain that soon they will improve the web interface and incorporate a lot more shocks to build the quantity of clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In spite of the fact that it encourages the work and spares you exertion on the off chance that you cause a right programming I to don't suggest disregarding it, do week after week checking or as regularly as you choose to take a shot at protection.

Working in the degrees of Community Manager, and Social Media Manager, it is critical to attempt numerous choices for the robotization of the records of the considerable number of customers that trust my promoting vision to deal with their essence in the system. With Buffer I have set aside a ton of cash, exercises that few individuals did previously, presently it is sufficient to utilize their stage from mobile phones, even in a PC, it is that multiplatform include that makes me remain faithful to your business alternatives. Another component that not many talk is time, for me it is imperative, that is the reason because of cradle, I just commit the basic to design all the substance and I depend on its innovation for the satisfaction of the assignments that I look to produce every day. That is the reason in the event that you are searching for a powerful and entirely fit choice, with buuffer you landed at the showed spot.

Media Analyist

"Best scheduling app on the market"

What do you like best?

My two favorite things is that Buffer offers URL shortening and pulls the image from the website directly. It's very easy to use. You can set up specific times you'd like for something to be posted or let their algorithm determine the best time to publish for you. It can't get any easier than that. User friendly and accessible in a team setting. Multiple people can access the account.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a larger queue minimum for the free trial. Obviously if it was paid, that wouldn't be an issue. I don't mind though. As soon as the companies I work for are willing to pay for the platform, I will be a big advocate for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you use Buffer, you'll probably avoid using others and see how they're all lacking in tools and quality.

I've used Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Sprout, and several random scheduling apps. None of them are as efficient as Buffer. Queue scheduling, URL shortening, ease with tagging (both @ and #), and user-friendly.

Marketing Associate