Breeze Reviews & Product Details

Breeze Overview

What is Breeze?

Breeze is an easy-to-use web-based church management software designed with small and mid-size churches in mind. With Breeze, you can quickly add and group people in your database, mass email and text message contacts, offer online and text giving, track attendance, securely check in children and print name tags, run extensive reporting, and much more. Best of all, there's no contract, no setup fees, and we'll even move in your existing data at no cost! Start a free 30-day demo and see why more than 8,000 churches use Breeze.

Breeze Details

Breeze is a web-based church management software for small and mid-sized churches

Many church management programs have tiered pricing based on features, number of members in your database, etc. For many churches the monthly cost can skyrocket quickly. At Breeze, we believe in keeping pricing simple. You pay one simple price ($50/mo) for all features, unlimited number of contacts in your database, and unlimited number of emails sent. We even throw in 250 free monthly text messages.

While we’ve designed Breeze to be as easy-to-use as possible, we recognize that sometimes churches really like to just pick up the phone and have a conversation or shoot over an email. We strive to provide top-notch customer service, whether it’s talking through a certain goal you’d like to achieve or working to understand a certain aspect of Breeze. We’re here to help!

Breeze ChMS
N/A
@breezechms
253 Twitter followers

Breeze Videos

Breeze Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Breeze community
Have you used Breeze before?

Breeze Reviews

Showing 89 Breeze reviews
Already have Breeze?
Finance Officer
Director of Worship Arts
What do you like best?

The ease of use, the support. We have regular phone calls or emails with their support team, and they are always on top of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Moving from another database (CDM, which was awful, and no one knew how to use it well) was a huge undertaking.

I wish we had a little bit more hand-holding, but seriously, they held our hands a ton. We just have needed a lot of questions answered.

Can't send emails/texts to people who have filled out a form unless they are added to the database. Not really useful for events where we know folks won't be returning, but a minor gripe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to keep track of members' info and find folks. The filtering and tagging system is starting to be really useful. Simplifies event registration (especially during Covid) by keeping the form creation tool inside the database. Eventually, it will help us keep track of who is skilled in what, who has been to what events, whether or not they've been through our child protection certification class, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance Manager
What do you like best?

The support team is excellent with quick responses and they all are very knowledgeable. Even the "robot" support responses often provide a solution to my question. Support offers extended help to personalize the software to the needs of our church. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The dollar amounts column in reports should be in accounting format, not currency format for better reporting view of the data. Every time I "wish" Breeze could do this or that, I work with customer support and we get it done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Select Breeze for your software and you will make a good choice. We tested and reviewed 4 other church software options and I have used two others. Breeze is user friendly, the contribution reporting a snap, sending statements easy, comparing pledge versus actual giving a good resource, and the support team is EXCELLENT so learning how to use the software quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reporting to leadership the totals of funds per week, without showing donor names, has saved me an extra step in accounting reporting. The ease of toggling between contribution and people helps us make corrections in member records quicker. The many "tags" provide a means to filter our reports in numerous ways without having to prepare extra spreadsheets. The benefit of sending emails to specific people on demand from within the software is a huge time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office manager
What do you like best?

For one flat fee, all member tracking, donation tracking, and event management is located in one place. This has helped us become more organized and present better options for online services in our church. We love that donation tracking is so easy and we can keep tight watch over who is able to access different items in the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some inconveniences that are very small, preferences really, but the staff at Breeze CHMS has been quick to respond to requests and I expect those updates will be made at some point. I would like some more simple reporting options, like a detailed one page monthly calendar. No big deal, we are able to work around it easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online giving is up, members are able to get in touch with each other easy, tracking attendance and form registrations with touchless options during Covid-19 has been fantastic. Being able to register people for events and use of facilities without having any exchange of physical paperwork is fantastic. I feel like I am learning new ways to use Breeze CHMS features whenever we come up with a new idea for how to serve our congregation. So far, no complaints. Which is unheard of! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Breeze helps us maintain our church directory, send emails to our church, keep track of our visitors each week, and communicate with our ministry volunteers. We would highly recommend Breeze! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We think the email template selection in Breeze could be more varied - in particular, it would be nice if they had a few templates designated for church newsletters. Still, we are thankful for the opportunity to send church emails through Breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For a while, our church was having difficulty with successfully emailing our members and attenders. This was because certain email service providers were blocking our emails. We also had separate databases for maintaining member information and for sending church-wide emails. Breeze helped us bring these two together into one place. This has been a huge help!

Breeze has also helped us communicate with our various ministry volunteers. The Breeze RSVP requests have been a major plus! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most helpful thing about Breeze is the ease of using and learning the program. It is a very intuitive program and this makes it easy for me to figure out how to perform tasks. The ease of using the program means I don't have to look up in manual how to perform a task or run a report. If the information is in the data base, I can run a report to get the exact information that I need.

It is really a benefit for the pastoral staff to be able to make notes on members so everyone is up-to-date with member issues. It makes it easy for them to follow-up with a member who has a problems and then they can notate immediately afterwards what occurred. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have found nothing that is not helpful about Breeze. I have been using the program for a short period of time and have seen no downside to using the Breeze Church Management program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily access the information in my database. Previously I had to look in multiple locations to find all of the information on one member. Now I go to Breeze and can look everything up in one location. This is a huge timesaver for me. It also makes it easier to track member information.

We are also going to be using the barcode scanner option to create an easier and more fluid check-in for worship services and for other events, which again is a timesaver for me because I won't have to manually input the information.

We will also be using the event sign-up and check-in portion for events held at the church. This way we will have an accurate count of how many people we will have attending and then be able to see how many actually came for the event. This will really benefit our Director of Family ministries who runs many events at our church, including VBS.

The ability to run name tags is fabulous. Previously people filled out their own name tag, and it was sometimes hard to read. Now we can print them and will be able to know people's names.

The use of the check-in process will allow us to have accurate contact tracking information should an attendee be diagnosed with Covid-19.

The program has made things so much easier for me as the administrative assistant that I have been able to take on additional responsibilities because I have more free time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

"Smooth product... always adding new features that make sense... when the “looks” of the product is changed, it freshens up the look but similar enough that it still feels like what you are accustomed to... And most importantly, always amazing customer service. In my opinion, it is what separates Breeze from other web-based services... you actually get a person when you call and you don’t have to set up an appointment 3 days later... when I get stuck, I need help then in order to proceed with a task or assignment. Great job Breeze---all the way around" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes limited in its capabilities and workarounds have to be developed to achieve a task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Forms, calendar/volunteer scheduling, database management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

They HELP library when setting up a task for the first time. The video tutorials are the BEST!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much because they are always there to help you if you get stuck on something. Or try it 5 times first before calling them just to find out I was 1 click away from getting the results I wanted. It's a user error every time...that's me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attendance is so easy for each group/event to use and I don't have to do research for days compiling attendance numbers for Committees. YAY!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that it is user friendly. So many church management software systems feel like you need a degree in computer programming to use it. I love their video tutorials and their support. Whenever I have called in with a question or suggestion they listen to me and resolve my issue or listen to my suggestion. Their staff never makes you feel foolish for asking your question but are very gracious and patient in addressing your concerns or questions. With the recent COVID-19 pandemic, I'm especially grateful that they have temporarily allowed unlimited text messaging as a way to help keep our church informed and connected. I like that it's cloud based and they have an app as well so it's accessible anywhere and on multiple platforms. I like that as an Administrator I can grant people permission to use the software within the guidelines that I establish for them (so they can't read private notes, access giving records, or accidentally edit or delete files). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any negative things to say. It's been a great option for our church. We are a smaller church and we operate with a lean staff and a lot of volunteers. It's been a challenge to teach some of our volunteers how to use and access Breeze when I've given them permissions to use the app, but that's been more of a non-technical person trying to use the software more than a problem with Breeze's interface of functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication with our church family is the primary benefit that we have been utilizing during the pandemic. Once you have contact information entered in for your church family, it is a "breeze" to send out a mass email or text messaging to everyone. It's wonderful. Our Financial Secretary also is able to track giving and issue donation receipts through Breeze annually so that is another valuable benefit. We can track attendance in our Sunday School classes and the software will automatically "promote" kids to their new classes based on the parameters you establish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication Coordinator
What do you like best?

What I like best about Breeze is how user friendly and intuitive of a system it is. Our previous church management system literally required classes to understand how to use it. Even after classes, our staff still barely understood how to get the info we needed from our old system. Breeze is not like that. Breeze is easy to use and figure out on your own (and they do have plenty of learning aids online to teach yourself anything that may not be clear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike about Breeze that I can think of is it has a function where anyone with permissions can send emails to established groups in the system. However, it is an all or nothing approach. If you add someone to a Sunday School list (tag) in Breeze and wanted everyone in the class to have the ability to email the class, too, you cannot do this just for those folks in that particular class. If you cannot just give access to that class to email themselves, but you would have to give those people access to see and be able to email all Sunday School classes or any other group for which you have created a tag. So, we basically turned off the ability of an of our congregation to use tags at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My only recommendation is to seriously consider it. It is a great tool for small and medium sized churches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Breeze has been wonderful in terms of solving all sorts of little problems. As a staff we are quickly able to look up folks, sort data and run reports in very particular ways with just the click of a few buttons (our old system was INCREDIBLY difficult to run even the most basic reports). Also, Breeze has a great phone app that our congregants really like. And Breeze also has a "give online" option, which is something we never had before. My favorite part of Breeze as a staff admin is how quickly and easily you can run targeted reports (e.g. Pull up a list of all congregants between Age 60-70 that have been at the church more than 10 years). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Breeze is simple and I mean that in the best way possible. They have adequately named their CMS because it is a breeze to use. I've used a handful of Church Management Systems and Breeze is by far the most intuitive. I also love that it is clean and good looking. From the online giving page (that donors and constituents see) to all the back end pieces, the design and look is easy on the eyes. I also can't fail to mention the price. Breeze does an excellent job at a remarkable price. Even their online tutorials and videos are well done, appealing, and short. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike. I have been concerned that as Breeze grew and added more options that the software would lose its ease of use but so far that has not been the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Breeze has been a great tool to manage our contributions and I love that they work with other bookkeeping software. We use Breeze to manage groups and communications within groups. It is so simple to email and text groups through Breeze and it also allows you to easily navigate to past communications you sent out. I love that the leaders I train to use Breeze catch on quickly because of how intuitive things are. I also appreciate that their online giving really invokes a sense of security for donors and is easy to adjust settings for. It also allows for us to easily create the appearance we want for our online page. As we grow, I know we are going to make even more use of Breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and has the flexibility to adapt to the way we do ministry. We utilize Breeze for check-in for events, especially for weekly children's programs. Group leaders use the "tag" system to manage and communicate with their teams. As the office manager, I utilize all aspects of Breeze from volunteer scheduling, tracking contributions, and managing directory information for our attenders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really "dislike" anything but if I could make improvements, I would improve the reports function. I like the fact that I can pull the data I need and export it to excel for further manipulation/analysis. This makes it very versatile but on the down side, I need to format/delete extra fields that I can't filter out each time I pull a report. I would also like to see better integration between Subsplash Giving and Breeze. Currently, the lag time between a donation via Subsplash and transfer into Breeze creates confusion and requires a manual work around. This could be prevented by using the date of transfer into Breeze rather than the initial date of the donation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think of Breeze as the Toyota Corolla of ChMS. It is flexible, reliable, cost effective, and won't let you down. Our church of 450 on a Sunday could not be happier with Breeze and we don't have any reason to look elsewhere. When looking for a new ChMS 3+ years ago, I found some nice flash sports cars and 18 wheelers but for us, we just didn't need to spend the money on a ChMS that had lots of options that we wouldn't be using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We switched to Breeze 3 years ago from a more complicated ChMS. Breeze is very intuitive and does not overwhelm users. Therefore, all of our ministry team and small group leaders use it regularly, not just our staff. This has been a huge asset in improving access to information and communication tools. Our previous ChMS was not web-based and therefore could not be easily utilized from a mobile device. This is a huge benefit now being able to access Breeze wherever I am. Additionally, Breeze is substantially less expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Breeze is very easy to use, a great price value, and always working to become even better. They respond quickly and knowledgeably when I have a question, and they don't rest until we get the answer we need. They also make it easy to suggest features, and they are always working on new features. They really listen to the churches they serve and view their business as a ministry to the churches. Excellent product with excellent people behind it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While there are some things Breeze doesn't do (yet), what they do is clean and done well. We've used this system for 3 years now (we transferred over from a much more expensive and cumbersome database management system). The former system did more, but was extremely complicated and difficult to get support from. So while I'm waiting for some new capabilities to be rolled out by Breeze, I'm very satisfied with what it does already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check them out. You can do a practice demo online with Breeze, and their training videos are great. And if you have questions, be encouraged that you will be every bit as important to them AFTER you sign up as you were BEFORE you signed up. They won't drop you after they make the sale - they are committed to seeing their customers thrive while using Breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Breeze, we have been able to keep track of events in multiple venues, handle kids' ministry check-ins, track contributions, and report on giving trends. They also help us keep our IT expenses manageable - Breeze is much less expensive than other providers for processing online gifts. The monthly fee is very reasonable. We have also been able to use Breeze "Forms" to handle conference registrations and payments, capturing necessary information when people sign up. The automated processes are extremely helpful as well, helping us make sure new people are welcomed and informed. We use almost every function they have rolled out, and it's been a great blessing for our church.

My job as Finance Administrator is much more streamlined using Breeze to track non-profit contributions and provide reports on giving trends. It enables us to better communicate with our people, and it also enables our people to communicate with one another. Our serving team leaders use Breeze to schedule volunteers and communicate with their teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

With Breeze, our church has implemented a process to easily follow up with guests, as well as track current members. I love that we can archive people who have moved out of the area or who are deceased, so that their names don't come up in reports, but we also don't lose their information. Inputting contributions has been simplified, as has the process to distribute statements; they can be emailed at the click of a button.

What I like most is that Breeze doesn't have a ton of "bells and whistles" that sound great, but are unusable or require congregational buy-in to work. The platform is straightforward and streamlined, but there are also ways to edit/add processes and fields for better customization.

Also, the ability to create forms, registration with payment options, and email/text groups with ease all add incredible value to this system.

As a church administrator, these functions all add up to a simpler job for me and my volunteers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We recognize that Breeze works best for small to medium churches; if we grow significantly over the next few years, we will need to find another system. However, in my experience, as new software continues to be developed, we have found the need to switch systems every 7-10 years, anyway. But we look forward to using Breeze for as long as we can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is powerful, intuitive, and simple. It may not have some options that you are used to using, but for that very reason, it has simplified our management of church data in order to make the information we do have much more usable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With a simple to use follow up system, we've been able to help guests connect, assign pastoral check-ins to leaders, and send out prayer requests easily.

It's also been great to allow people to set up their own recurring gifts and have access to their giving history.

We have a food bank ministry, which in the time of the pandemic, many people in the community wanted to donate to. To simplify that process, we were able to create a simple form where they could easily give, without having to log in or be added to our database as a guest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The folks at Breeze are truly exceptional when it comes to customer service. The help pages are great, but sometimes you just run into something that you can't figure out and they are always there to walk you through the steps. They are always interested in learning from the customer about needs and uses as they are patient with teaching and explaining how the system work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On some computers the contrast between their background and the light blue field they use for some of their pages can be a little had to see. This has been resolved with some of the recent upgrades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. It is a great value and the support is excellent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are tracking attendance and we are noticing when folks are missing worship, this has been invaluable. We have also moved to online giving and that has been especially helpful in these Covid-19 times! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about breeze is how simple it is to use. As our office is comprised of different skill set when it comes to technology, one thing that is consistent is the ability of them to use Breeze and being able to limit what they have access to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think Breeze has the ability to add so many features that would help make some of the already amazing features even better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend switching to Breeze. We had a similar program that has become old and obsolete. It is difficult to generate reports and easily find people. I love breeze because I know as they further develop the program, cost will not go up and it will always have a focus of ease of use. I have recommended this to a couple of other churches in my area and they have switched and found it a lot better to use as well!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Originally we used excel sheets to keep track of registrations, attendance etc. But now it is super easy and quick to see what events an individual has attended, what forms they've completed. I also like the ability to email a certain group of people based on a profile field. For example, I wanted to invite graduating seniors to our graduation mass. I was able to pull up all who are in 12th grade and email them, inviting them to attend!

Another benefit is during this pandemic, it has served as an amazing tool to know who has attended what event so that, if there was a positive case, we can immediately notify those who were also there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love so much about Breeze! It is simple, easy to use, and affordable! No more looking in 15 different places for information, it has streamed lined our communication with our congregation which has been a huge blessing during the pandemic. You can customize your church needs and pull all kinds of different reports. This program has eliminated so many headaches and saved so much time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Breeze is so customizable I have not found anything to dislike! For small churches it is perfect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consolidating data to one central location that is accessible to a variety of people. Communication is so much simpler. You update information once in one program and you have a group of people who can update info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Breeze streamlined much of our administrative load into one integrated database. It has saved us a lot of time. Everything is clean, simple and streamlined. We love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Breeze to track giving, attendance and to keep a detailed database of member and visitor information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Breeze has an intuitive user face, allows multiple levels of use, is very effective, allowed us to integrate various paid products into one paid product (Breeze). Customer service has been incredibly helpful, when needed. Would definitely recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, the only downside is that we can’t have two separate options for designating where funds go (for example, we have an operating funds account and a capital campaign funds account). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We no longer have multiple systems and double or even triple data entry! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use, it requires minimal training for users. Breeze has a LOT of resources for people with questions, as well as great customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike. I'd like the attendance to be a little different with regard to events, but think it works well on a whole. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Less work for me as an admin in giving contact information to our deacons, pastors & elders, as they all have access now. Uploading giving is really easy and I love the the easy reports. The fact that Breeze is available online was a blessing when we were working from home during isolation these past months. We could still contact our congregants and check up on them. The contribution accounting part of the program is so user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We use breeze for so much. I personally use the forms feature for event registration, special fundraisers, and general information collecting. It’s customizable but not overwhelming with to many confusing features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’m not a huge fan of the group emailing feature. I have never been able to figure out how to make good looking email templates in breeze. But it still works and we use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Because the price is inexpensive it is perfect for data management and tracking. The online giving option alone is worth the price. Also you can text right from the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online giving is very easy using breeze. Again we use forms all the time. Our admin pastor tracks a lot of data with breeze like membership, baptisms, class completion and personality test results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Intuitive, not complicated. Updates, when they roll one out, are to make the program easier and cleaner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

E-mail templates can be a little bit difficult to use. Resizing is not user friendly, copy paste from Word can sometimes result in unexpected font changes (size, color). No true font selection is available so creativity can be somewhat limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1) Volunteer assignment and management with reminders was significantly appreciated.

2) E-mail to our members in the age of Covid has become a welcome tool.

3) Calendar tool has been helpful. Just updated to the beta version and so far I'm pleased with the changes since it makes it much easier to use from a purely visual perspective Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity and smooth transfer of all by church files from my old system to Breeze. Easy entry and edit of all information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

NOTHING. Program was designed with all size churches in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing time more efficiently. Breeze saves me time compared to the program i was using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

Breeze is a CRM (customer relationship management) application for freelancers and businessmen and its application is very effective for short term companies. It is one of the best CRM applications for PR managers, Designers, and Accountants and it also has a unique feature to track the activity of the projects. It is also used to track the time for the projects. Mostly, this application is used for freelancers and project managers and it is a database application that is very easy to use. Breeze is very easy to use and it can also handle the management for the big projects and it is a web-based application available for all devices like mobile phones (androids, iPhones, and IPad), desktop, MAC, and Window, etc. it can help you to add or remove the peoples from the database groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Breeze is a good application but it does not give access to the users to download the reports of the projects in pdf forms or any other format. The chart function of this application is not applicable to detect the curvy paths in the project completion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Breeze is an efficient application and it provides the best project management. We had used this application for a short term project and it gives complete info and management for the project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.