BigContacts Reviews & Product Details

BigContacts Overview

What is BigContacts?

BigContacts CRM offers an integrated Contact Management and Email Marketing Solution for Small Business. We give you the tools you need to capture more leads, convert more sales and retain more customers. We're unlocking the potential of every small business with an affordable and easy-to-use solution. Plans starting at only $5 per user - per month!

BigContacts Details
English, Spanish

BigContacts is a web based CRM software designed for small businesses that want a full-featured CRM system - without the cost or complexity that you find with most CRM solutions.

With BigContacts you can start as simple as importing a spreadsheet of your contact list and can grow into a full-featured CRM with all the sales and marketing automation tools you need to help you manage the entire Customer Lifecycle. Our platform can grow with you - all while maintaining a low cost and the same intuitive interface.

BigContacts
2011
Duluth, GA

BigContacts Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the BigContacts community
Have you used BigContacts before?

BigContacts Reviews

Showing 61 BigContacts reviews
Already have BigContacts?
Manager/management
What do you like best?

BigContacts seems to be the best way to extract data, contact information has all the addresses, tasks and notes in one place, making it easier for everyone to keep track of what is going on with each company . I really like it since I can add custom fields to contacts as a favorite product and even run a search for that field, alerts are very helpful since I don't always go to the website every day so I will know if I have a task if I get a email. I could go for marketing but I'm small enough to do personal emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I sign up I can send thank you cards and follow-up emails, but I had to sign up for a vertical response so I have to enter contact information twice to do all of that, I have asked for technical assistance on integration but after several emails, I have never received a direct response just that they are working with a provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend it thanks to its excellent ability to enter information from social networks, the ability to see the daily, weekly and monthly calendar of your entire team. Basic or personalized reports, it is much better than other management companies that I have used, the price is reasonable but some aspects really need a lot of improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us look like a great company with recurring task lists, bulk emails, and email storage. Have a place for customer information whether it's a full or pending sale, billing or maintenance issues, and scheduling tasks. Historical data on the consumption of communications, be it phone calls, faxes, meetings, and attachments, including the direct marketing of this type of offer promotion plan for all or some clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

Offers so many features for a small cost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to scroll through contacts with an arrow while making phone calls, similar to ACT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You'll love the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can keep all my contacts and sales in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Small Business Consultant
Staffing and Recruiting
What do you like best?

Web based means my data is available from any internet connected device. Great help and technical support when required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit to how much the appearance can be customised but that's not a deal breaker for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the free trial - what have you got to lose?

Be prepared to do some work on any CRM you implement - it will only work for you if you use it and have the whole team on board! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I run a small automotive recruitment business in Melbourne Australia and have used local databases for many years. In this industry you need to keep track of "who's who in the zoo" and all previous interactions with them.

Several years ago I switched from PC to Mac.

My database software was PC only and rather than install Windows on my beautiful new iMac I decided to look for alternatives that would work easily cross-platform.

Despite knowing very little about web based applications at that time, I decided to give BigContacts a try. The learning curve was reasonably painless and the support available from BigContacts made the transition relatively easy.

At the time I had an associate based in another state and it was great to have both of us on the same CRM as It allowed me to easily monitor his activities and share information.

Since then BigContacts have released a new and improved version of the software. BigContacts are very pro-active when it comes to improving the CRM and innovating new features. They take the time to talk to their users and are receptive to all feedback and feedback.

I cannot compare BigContacts to other similar products, but because it works so well I have no intention of changing anytime soon.

I believe that all businesses will benefit from using a web based CRM. If a "one man band" like me can derive significant upside from using BigContacts, the benefits for a business with multiple staff / locations will be even greater. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales - Purchasing - Customer Service
Construction
What do you like best?

Being able to keep a history of notes from previous conversations and link your outlook so that you can find emails to reference easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Running some reports and wanting to modify reports can be a little difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you do not have a CRM program and would like to stay in contact with your leads and customers. This is a great program for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being in contact with customers and leads. We are able to send auto pilot emails so that we stay on our customer's mind so they remember who we are and what they liked about our product(s) at a show. We then can keep in contact with them and discuss their needs based on what we have already discusses previously so we can follow up with them to see how they are progressing on moving forward with a purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Walton of BigContacts

Derek,

Thanks for the review of BigContacts. I wanted to share with you a link to an article that provides a great overview on how to generate reports in the reports tab. Please take a look at this when you have a moment and if you have any specific questions about how to generate a report, please contact our support center directly at support@bigcontacts.com and they will be happy to assist you.

Owner
What do you like best?

It is simple and quick to use and maintain. Any time I have had a question, support is right there for you with quick responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the capability of once a file is attached to an email and it is the wrong file, to be able to delete it. I do not like that when an email window is open you can not move it around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best CRM software tool available today, very dependable and value priced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me, even as a small business, to easily keep up with the data on a prospect or client. It has been very beneficial for follow up with prospects and clients, keeping track. It has been a great asset in promoting our product, Marketing Calendar Office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Their strive to continually makes Big Contacts better is currently what I enjoy the most! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The legacy look to the overall experience - however they are working hard at changing it and I look forward to the updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it - it's very inexpensive for what you get. If you don't like the look - check back soon, the preview I got looks great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking business clients and email templates are the greatly solving my business needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virtual Assistant
Information Services
What do you like best?

I am a Virtual Assistant currently for three Directors with a home party sales company. I love the task and to do lists the most. They really keep me on task and help me prioritize my work load. I love how easy it is to import my client's contacts each month. I use the auto pilot emails to get new contacts connected right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My clients contacts seem to change email address frequently which creates duplicate contacts. I would like to have an easier way to isolate those when they occur so that they can be corrected. A merge of some sort woulc be great so that none of the contact history gets lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with tasks! Participate in training videos and use support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This system saves time in communication with my Directors. We both have quick access to what has been sent out to each client and their response or requests for information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO & Founder
Financial Services
What do you like best?

The Big Contacts CRM is ready to install with very little training required. If you want to change the details of the data base or report forms, it is a snap! I sincerely believe the setting up should be one of the first things that a business should focus on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it took me too long to make my final decision. I put myself through a very painful process of investigating many systems on the market. Finding the ideal CRM and marketing system is a very important

decision. What you decide is what you are going to live with for a long time. Consequently, the system should be friendly and supported by professionals who truly care about my success. A new shopper could spend an eternity looking at all of the products on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start a trial today! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I set a goal to have one strategic management CRM system for all of my business contacts. I have received the benefits of less stress and increased productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales/Marketing
What do you like best?

I like the marketing function best as well as the many of the little features in the software that makes it easy for reporting tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ability to mass delete contacts (may have ability but I am currently unaware) and the ability to check contacts to database when importing and update any pertinent information if contact is already in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BigContacts has been wonderful for our Sales & Marketing team and allows us to see other users notes on a contact and when they have changed any information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing - Lead nurturing.

A contact management database.

Benefits are endless, BigContacts is constantly coming out with new features! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Walton of BigContacts

Rick,

Thanks for taking the time to review BigContacts. I have great news for you regarding both of your questions/concerns.

1) We DO in fact offer a mass delete/update function three feature that we call the “Contact Table”. For your convenience, I included a link to an article that show you how and where you can utilize this within your account.

2) Regarding imports, we also offer a feature in our system that will prevent duplicates from being imported. I’ve included a link to a few articles that will give you more information about how to prevent duplicates when you are importing or entering contacts in your system.

Dialer Manager
Law Practice
What do you like best?

I like that it is a central location for all of our clients information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't figured out a way to email and entire group of our clients for mass mailing. Sometimes the program can be too dynamic and won't let you grab your clients vs prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to track all client related issues. Everyone of our employees have the ability to see what calls, email or visits have been made. Our field employees know what the internal employees are doing so therefore we stand as a united team when talking with clients and prospects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Walton of BigContacts

Alicia,

Thanks for your review of BigContacts. I know that there are two great tools that we offer the allows you to send an email to a group of your contacts.

1) Group Email - Included in the cost of your subscription, BigContacts has a Group email feature that allows you to filter a list of contacts and send an email to all email addresses at once. The contacts will NOT see each other's email address and a copy of the email will be stored into the contact's history. The group email function is limited to a list of 100 email addresses or fewer.

For your convenience, I have included a link to an article that will show you how and where you can use this in your account.

2) Marketing Module - For lists that are larger than 100 contacts, you can utilize our optional Marketing Module. This module gives you all sorts of capabilities including detail reporting on who's opening your emails and what they're looking at. I have included a link to an article & video that will give you a great overview of this module.

Instructor
Financial Services
What do you like best?

The cost/benefit. Easy to set up & enhance. Highly customizable. I like that files can be stored in each client record. I also like the virtually infinite search capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Continuing difficulty with Google calendar syncing. May be a function of the Disconnect and Ghostery apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set at least a weekly schedule to learn everything it can do. I'm still learning new things that were available 5 years ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows me to track and manage my pipeline. Robust History helps with compliance and legal issues as well as enhancing customer service and reducing errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Walton of BigContacts

Gary,

I contacted our support department this morning to see if we have any outstanding issues/bugs regarding the Google calendar synchronization. They confirmed with me that everything regarding the synchronization is functioning properly.

If you continue to have any issues with the Google calendar segregation please contact our support team directly at support@bigcontacts.com I have seen where they will work with you to actually test this from end-to-end. You can simply provide them with a temporary log into your Google calendar and they will do the full testing and document this with video to show you how they are utilizing the synchronization.

Sales Administrator, Franchise Coordinator and Marketing
Construction
What do you like best?

Very easy and simple program with nice main features. Customer service is very quick to respond and is very helpful. Customer service is very willing to assist and answer questions in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could have more features and capabilities. More in depth capabilities and better features for reporting. A better mobile version or an app would also be useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review all needs within the system to determine the best system for your individual use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integrated email campaigns and sales opportunities, follow up tasks and contact history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Director
Leisure, Travel & Tourism
What do you like best?

It is simple to use and has all the important functionality we need without a lot of unnecessary functions that make other applications more complicated and expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our learning curve for the ActiveCampaign integration is taking a while, and I've not taken time to learn the sales pipeline/sales stages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product, great team, continually improving, best value I've found in a web-based CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All our contact information is readily available on our desktop or smart phones. We can track our prospects and stay in touch with them leading to increased sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

powerful contact management page to see contact history and info on one page.

Intuitive and easy to use.

very inexpensive, blows away the competition price-wise for the features you get. This is great for us just starting out.

good support responsiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

reporting is a bit hard to use.

the main dash board charts view we don't use. just doesn't show data that is that useful.

add on features seem like some should be included with base cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

don't be afraid to ask for help from support including a free demo and use of the various tags and contacts filters. At first this was a bit confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

helps with managing client contacts, assignment of contacts to our team, followup task reminders. Useful for managing open proposals and followups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

web
Executive Office
What do you like best?

The best solution for organizing I've found. Ability to simply have information readily available and entered. Enter fields and customize data in a framework that makes sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While there does not seem to be such a big learning curve, everything does still take some time, there's no magic wand included. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing data, using a program with multiple custom fields, and having everything in one place and keeping it current.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior Accountant
Accounting
What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use. The best aspect of how easy it is to organize this product. I can see who I need to talk to, and who are potential follow ups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing to dislike is how I have to open a new window whenever I click on something. If that was solved, I would give this product a 10/10 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the product, you can update the status of a potential client and who is using and who is not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are getting more organized as a firm, when bringing in new clients. All of our meetings are are in a clear schedule, and we can see what has to go on and who has to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Walton of BigContacts

James,

Thanks for taking the time to review BigContacts. I'm not quite certain I understand your questions/concerns. Can you tell me what you are referring to when you say that you "must open a new window" every time you do something in BigContacts?

This is certainly not a requirement of the system and I'm sure we can show you a more effective way to navigate the various sections within your BigContacts account.

AI
What do you like best?

I am amazed at how easy this program is to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find the mail merge and campaign marketing difficult to navigate and use. When it comes to seperating lists and creating new one I find Big Contacts confusing and at times frustrating. This is true when I try to send out an email blast Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great program and very cost effective. With a little training this program can be implemented into your organization very quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping on top of our lead flow as well as staying in touch with our current clients. I am now much more organized and am finding our contact rate and close rate has increased since utilizing Big Contact Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Coordinator/Book-keeper
Construction
What do you like best?

user friendly. easy to search contacts. Like the dashboard feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't always get a email notification when a task is assigned to me.

Everyday I have a bunch of Daily Activity summaries...but they are all blank. I'm assuming it is for contacts that I'm "following"...but not sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's helping us see clients that have been called regularly. Also, adding notes on each client helps the outside reps know of any issues that we've dealt with internally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Walton of BigContacts

Lindy,

Thanks so much for the review. I wanted to let you know that there is currently a task in our system to fix the issue regarding your daily activity alerts. Please look for this to be corrected within the next few business days.

Sales
Warehousing
What do you like best?

What I like the best is the fact I can view all of my customers on the Want to Buy category all at once and easy send out requests Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the fact you have to have the same exact spelling as entered. If someone else enters a contact in a different form it won't come up in the drop down. Example: T & L construction, T an L construction,

T and L construction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Switch to Bog contacts. Easy to access when I'm not in the office also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits problems being solved are the quantity of emails I can find and store all in one place. Wants and needs of my customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I really like the most about Big Contacts can be summed up in the ease of operation and very short learning curve. It handles all of my needs for my business and then some. I really could say in addition to that is that they are always making positive upgrades and adding useful features. Makes running my business a lot more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have a dislike. The system performs as advertised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Slick system and easy to train new users as your company grows Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It solves a lot of time management and efficiency problems. Great for drip marketing, keeping people on tasks and by automatically getting information emails out to clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Investment Advisor Representative
Financial Services
What do you like best?

I like the ability to customize the layout. The chassis is there and it lets your build you CRM from there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the help function was easier to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do the trial, I do believe you will sign up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am finally getting my clients and policy information in 1 place, online. I am hoping this will make doing mailers easier and sorting through who I need to contact and when. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Walton of BigContacts

Sam,

Thanks for taking the time to review BigContacts. I would welcome your feedback on the "help" function. We try to do everything we can make our help section and accessing support as easy as possible.

In case you have not discovered this yet I wanted to let you know that there is a large button in the upper right corner of your screen labeled "Support". When you click on this you'll see a full library of articles and videos and you can even search using keywords to find an article on any feature that we operate the system.

If for some reason you cannot find you are looking for or still have questions you can click on the tab labeled "Submit a request" and this will create a support ticket for you so that our support center can investigate and reply to you as soon as possible.

Finally, in the lower right-hand corner of your screen you will see a blue circle with a "?" in the center of it. This is our "in-app" messenger that allows you to simply click and enter a quick message and get a quick reply to your questions. Please give these resources a try and if you need any further assistance in accessing/understanding the support resources we offer please email us directly at support@bigcontacts.com

National Director Sales & Marketing
Chemicals
What do you like best?

We implemented Big Contacts over five years ago. We have had great success with territory transitions and realignment of territories very easy. All information was available to incoming representative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything that we have disliked. Reporting is good and they continue to improve the system. We have 16 users and rarely have any issues with users in the field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accountability of our field representatives and their activity with customers has vastly improved. We now know who it is that is working in our customers stores, which helps when we make changes or are looking for input from the field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I've been using this for a long time. I like the email drop-boxes. I like that I can access my contacts from anywhere. The customer support is pretty responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The usability of information displays could be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you don't need a huge custom CRM package this is perfect for a smaller company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's great for managing a to-do list in conjunction with a list of sales contacts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Specialist
Education Management
What do you like best?

I like that everyone has access to all of the same information. We can see everyone's schedules if it is updated. I also like the reminders I get daily about my calendar. I like to keep informed and this helps me do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is slow while I am trying to pull something up. I haven't figured out how to run the report section yet but I will continue to work with that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure everyone updates in the system. It won't work if not everyone participates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are keeping everyone updated on our clients so that we can serve them better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Bob Walton of BigContacts

Christy,

Thanks for taking the time to review BigContacts. We actually have a number of great articles/videos that show you how to use the reporting tools we offer. For your convenience, I've included a link to a section in our support library that will show you how to use virtually any of the reports that you will find.

If you have any questions after reviewing this, please contact our support center directly at support@bigcontacts.com and they will be happy to answer any questions that you have.

UR
What do you like best?

The contact management platform is easy to operate and displays a large multitude of information in a consolidated view. More so, each section of the consolidated view expands to reveal the in-depth information a sales team needs to survive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I have experienced some technical issues, but the support team is attentive and works to resolve them as quickly as they can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a CRM program designed specifically for contact management, this is your tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contact management and fluidity of contact information between our team was our major downfall. All of our contact communications were done through email and were constantly lost in the sea of emails that most professionals field daily. This management software allows us to keep all of that information in one location away from the stormy swallows of the daily email barrage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.