Berke Reviews & Product Details

Berke Overview

What is Berke?

Berke is a hiring and employee assessment tool that uses data-driven insights to predict hiring success. The customizable assessment measures personality traits and problem solving skills. Berke helps companies identify the best candidate for the job & culture.

Berke Details
Discussions
Berke Community

Ease of use, customization, and the accuracy of our job fit rating set us apart from our competitors. 9 out of 10 customers who have used another service say that Berke is Better.

Berke is intuitive, built with hiring managers in mind. Reports are friendly, written in straightforward language with graphs that illustrate key candidate qualities. Job fit ratings make it crystal clear whether candidates are high, medium or low fit for the job.

Our process begins with job benchmarks that identify the qualities required to succeed in a role, at your company. Candidate assessment results are compared against the benchmark, providing you with a score that indicates how likely he or she is to succeed in the open position. Each report also comes with personalized interview guides with questions specific to each candidate.

Consistent with the G2 reviews, our customers often tell us how accurately the reports describe candidates and employees.

Berke
2005
Atlanta, GA
@BerkeGroup
72 Twitter followers

Berke Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Berke community
Have you used Berke before?

Berke Reviews

Showing 52 Berke reviews
Already have Berke?
Organization Developmental Specialist
Construction
What do you like best?

The personality assessment was spot on. It really allowed for us to see what they were like and if they would fit in our company culture. When we followed the questions to ask it allowed for us to get more in-depth perspective of who they really are and whether or not they were honest with themselves when taking the exam. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The test itself, when taken seriously, can be a bit mentally draining. I took it and scored relatively high on it (94-98 percentile) on our different assessments and it made us wonder if we were being correct in the type of individual for the role and that we perhaps needed to reevaluate the role and type of person for it. That's the one part I would have liked a bit more assistance on from the Berke team on ensuring that were thinking of the position thoroughly. Another issue that I encountered for individuals is that if they were distracted, taking this test at home with possible distractions that would not score well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reducing the amount of turnover by finding the right person sooner than later. The downside to it is that we are finding out that a lot of candidates are under qualified or ranked low and we took a chance on someone that was ranked low and has been doing quite well. What we've realized is that although someone may not have the best resume that they may be a better fit when we followed the questions to ask guidelines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

I love the ease of the solution, uploading job descriptions and having assessment custom adjusted for the need is fantastic Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change is to address the mismatches in a more straightforward manner and not always put the optimistic twist on something that should be a true concern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Most affordable solution for all of the capabilities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am easily determining how to structure development plans for current employees as well as assessing who is in the right seat versus do we need to make a shift in roles. We are able to much more quickly facilitate the hiring process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

The personality assessment is spot on!! It has helped us to make so much more effective hiring decisions. Culture is a big deal, and Berke has helped us to find the best people for the positions we have available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Berke! The information you get on who your candidates are is very accurate, and will allow you to see how they will handle certain situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to find a program that will truly allow you to see who your candidates are, this is the program from you. My self, my director team, and some key staff members have completed the Basic Assessment, and it is amazing to see how spot on it is with each personality.

This is a top notch program and will allow you to see who you are bringing in, how they react in certain situations, etc. The spotlight interview guide is INCREDIBLE. It gives you questions to ask each candidate based on how they scored on the different attributes, and allows you as the interviewer to see how they will act behaviorally in certain situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have implemented Berke in our interview process, and we have been able to get a much more effective read on who our candidates are and if they will fit in to our culture. This is a system we will not stop using!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Acquisition Supervisor
Food & Beverages
What do you like best?

Candidate experience, problem solving portion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this moment I cannot think of anything Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out with 5+ people in the organization and compare it to other assessments. I found this to be the best way to get an apples to apples comparison. I also sat down with each of the employees and recapped the results of Berke versus our old system. Every one of those employees preferred the Berke assessment as far as user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to put testing into the right part of our process. We can assess the correct amount of people. Better value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

We like that Berke assessments are not in the traditional format! They delve into a person's true personality and are very accurate and eye-opening. They also get the candidate thinking about themselves in a new way that they have never thought about before. As employers, we also like that we are provided interview tools that are tailored specifically to the candidate, and not the cookie cutter "behavioural interview" questions that most HR professionals use. We also love and find very helpful that fact that you can put any candidate that has taken a specific assessment against any other job profile that has been created, and get a very accurate result of how they would be in another position. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything that I can think of that I dislike. All the consultants are very good to deal with, very helpful, and insightful when we are creating our job specific assessments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Berke assessments are the leading edge, in my opinion, in aptitude assessments! They are suitable for every level of candidate from C-suite to labourer and everything in between. The assessments are not intimidating or complicated. I would highly recommend Berke Assessments to any corporation, large, small or start-up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Berke assessments are extremely accurate and get down to the nitty gritty of a candidate and their strengths and weaknesses. We have been able to weed out the inappropriate candidates very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

We love how easy the test is to take. Compared to programs we have used in the past, our test takers are actually able to fill out the assessment accurately and in a timely manner. In addition, the readings are extremely accurate and very specific, giving our hiring department the base platform we have been looking for for our applicants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I would want to change about the structure of this system. Berk has got it down pat! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are debating whether or not to use Berke, I recommend trying a test assessment. The accuracy of the test will surprise you, because there is simply no product around that is like it. The price is way below what the market is for assessments, and I am not even sure if any other company offers instant results. Most companies require days or even weeks to send you results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving new ways to explore applicants by being able to target potential strengths and weaknesses right off of the bat. Not only are we using it for hiring, but Berke has developed an assessment for us to use on employees that are looking to move up on the management ladder. The benefit from that alone has allowed us to recognize potential and growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

the insight into our potential staff and our staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there is no discernable downside to using Berke . sales and onboarding team very effective and once signed up te crm team has been responsive and patient with onboarding Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

will give management insight ito who fits in the team and what potential they bring to your organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our organization there are only two reasons why staff Fail. either we failed to hire the right person for the position or We as a management group failed to manage the staff . Berke gives our management group tremendous insights into who the candidate is we are considering and if we proceed with that candidate how management would need to manage them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EC
What do you like best?

Unlike some other well-known assessment tools in the marketplace, Berke is easy to administer and simple to interpret. No courses/training is necessary to understand how to read their reports! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

From an applicant’s standpoint, the assessment can be a bit lengthy and repetitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Berke forces us to think about the ideal profile for the role and be impartial when screening candidates against it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President Talent Acquisition
Real Estate
What do you like best?

The service and support in developing the assessments is outstanding. The tools provided on the assessment completion are easy to understand, interpret and put into action Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time I have not experienced any downside to the service provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data to help us make better informed hiring decisions which will lead to lower attrition. At this time, it's a little too early to evaluate the benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

The assessments let us skip way ahead in the interview process. For us, it's the equivalent of 2-3 interviews that we accomplish by sending an email. My process now involves a phone-screen that leads into the assessment, followed by an on-site job shadow, followed by an offer. We're doing much more in the interview process because we can trust that Berke is discovering traits that we might not have discovered through our own interviews. Our turnover went from the high 20% range to about 10%, and we're really enjoying the quality of our new hires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm sad that I didn't start working with Berke a decade ago. My only really quibble is that they can't yet fully integrate with our company's ATS (we're with BambooHR). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not sure, have a few people around the office take the assessment and show their results to spouses & friends. The results are shockingly (almost painfully) accurate for the small time investment. The cost is absolutely reasonable for any company doing even a moderate amount of annual hiring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Interviewing hundreds of candidates is daunting as a smaller company. It's just me running all of our recruiting and hiring efforts. Berke saves me a tremendous amount of time and lets me focus on making final decisions based on a lot of data, rather than going with my gut because I'm pressed for time. Our average quality of hire has skyrocketed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Meredith Stack of Berke

Awesome. Thanks, Nate!

Owner
What do you like best?

The assessment helped me identify the best way to communicate with my employees. I also tested multiple candidates prior to their final interview to gauge their strengths and weaknesses. The "Additional Interview Questions" were invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was so accurate, I refused to share my profile with my staff for fear they would know how to manipulate me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Already spoke with my Alumni Affairs office at FSU College of Law and suggested they integrate this platform with efforts to place recent law grads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Interpersonal communication. Motivation. Deciding who is capable for what job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Operations
What do you like best?

Berke provides me and my applicant with feedback that is useful in determining whether or not a prospect is a good fit for our company. I also like that we have been able to customize our benchmarks!

Another great feature is the ability to send the results to applicants when the assessment is finished, This has been helpful in ensuring that qualified applicants actually arrive for their interview. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all applicants complete the assessment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Berke allows you to customize your benchmark against your top performers so that you can "clone" your very best. Ask your consultant about this service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were looking for another tool to assess whether or not an applicant is going to be a successful part of our team. Before Berke, we were just using our own best guess. As a result of using Berke, we are now making better team choices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Meredith Stack of Berke

Thanks, Chaz! We keep candidate completion rates in mind when making product improvements and enhancements.

UN
What do you like best?

I liked that the report was all stated in the positive...there was not a right or wrong. This is helpful, especially when sharing the applicant report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real downside. I loved that the questions could be answered at the convenience of the applicant and from anywhere where there was internet access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The assessment tool helped me to find a better match for my hiring needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Human Resources
Construction
What do you like best?

Working with Berke to tailor our profile for our various roles to best determine our hiring profile. I also appreciate the flexibility and utilization of the assessment and how quickly we receive results. I also like receiving a flat charge per year and being able to assess as many candidates as possible. We have also leveraged this to build hiring profiles with our current Associates too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing honestly. Everything is working well. We are getting buy-in from our leaders regarding the assessment tool which is helping us to make better hiring decisions. It's all good! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A...It's a great tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

See above regarding our hiring process. This will ultimately help us w/our retention efforts which is a great focus of ours. This tool is also helping us to solve for the future. When we can overlay someone's results for another role within a company, it helps to paint a picture as to what they can conceivably do for the organization long-term. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Meredith Stack of Berke

So happy to hear that, Jamie. Thanks!

Director of Employee Wellness
Veterinary
What do you like best?

The Berke assessment describes everyone in a positive manner, looking at behaviors and putting them in context of the job position. It adds another layer of data to our decision making process and provides questions to consider when interviewing each candidate. Each candidate (and our team) feels that the summary accurately describes them. This is a useful tool for our team leaders after the hire to know how to work best with each team member. We also like that you can send as many assessments as you like and pay a quarterly flat rate. This allows us to gather as much data as we need in order to make the best hiring decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's hard! Just kidding, but some of our applicants do get a little stressed about some of the timed sections. Even this is helpful in learning about people however. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take full advantage of it and use all of its features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are increasing the data in which we use to analyze applicants. The more information we can gather, the better our decision making process is. We have been able to save time not interviewing applicants who score low and ask direct questions that help us avoid poor hiring decisions. This of course saves our team time, money, and energy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Meredith Stack of Berke

Thanks for sharing your insight, Hannah!

CEO
What do you like best?

A long time assessment user, we went to market and found the Berke Assessment. Our criteria was that the report was easy for us and our clients' to read, that the assessment covered both personality and cognitive areas and we wanted to work with a great team. Berke delivered on all three of our criteria. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Any items that have come up, Berke has addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We assist small companies with hiring. The Berke Assessment is a beneficial addition to our hiring process in that it gives us, and our hiring client, insight into a candidates behavior and strengths and excellent interview questions to get to know more about the candidate. Our clients do a better job hiring when they use the assessment and the interview guide because they spend more time with candidates and are doing a better job evaluating their fit to the job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Meredith Stack of Berke

Thanks, Talley. It's great to know that Berke has helped your clients do a better job hiring.

AR
What do you like best?

Berke provides insight as to a potential hire's capabilities and characteristics. It also provides interview questions that explore the critical skills and the fit of those skills for a position. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not always agree with the weight/importance of certain characteristics for a position. I am able to use the qualitative information more than the quantitative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is indispensable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are avoiding wasting time on interviews and further screening on candidates that do not not fit our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Corporate Recruiter
What do you like best?

What traits work best for each job as well as some of the behavioral questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to get of hold of customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quality of hire and turnover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Engineering Services
What do you like best?

The "score" that is given in regards to their candidate's compatibility with the position Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

How some questions in the interview guide do not seem to relate very well to the specific topic Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great tool for evaluating potential new hires Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This has made our interviewing process much more streamlined. If they candidate isn't a good match, we don't even bother interviewing them. If they are a medium match, we know what questions to ask them in regards to their less than good matching areas. If they are a great match, we know we have a really good fit and can spend extra time with them during the interview. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Meredith Stack of Berke

We appreciate the feedback, Todd. Thanks!

Recruiter
What do you like best?

It helps manage our time better by not wasting time and money interviewing completely wrong candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it has helped us so much, we spend less time finding better employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is worth it/you spend less time interviewing and get better employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

better employees/ spending less time interviewing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite are the suggested follow-up questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Spatial visualization section times out quickly - most candidates score low as a result Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are discovering traits that would most likely not be uncovered during the actual interview Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EI
What do you like best?

The ease of gaining insight into a candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure how relevant some of the questions were. Sometimes it wasn't intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If i'm on the fence between two candidates, this helps me decide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Manager
What do you like best?

The assessments, customized with our requirements are extremely accurate, to our experience, in projecting success. I also like the suggested discussion topics that come with each completed assessment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some candidates feel like it takes to long to complete, but I do not agree. A committed candidate is willing to spend the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customize the assessments using your various job descriptions to make it the most accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving a concern on comparing candidates apples to apples. We have benefited by adding an important step to our onboarding process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Technical Service
What do you like best?

I like the job fit report. It gives you a great overview dashboard snapshot of the personality and abilities of the candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about their product. It is very clear and the interview notes are a great help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to pre-screen job candidates that we may have to incur travel costs to interview. Berke allow me to do a true screening before incurring those costs. We are a small company and the price is very reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ER
What do you like best?

We love the ability to customize the assessment specifically to our roles - the flexibility of the program is outstanding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The test itself is a little long, sometimes taking as much as an hour for a candidate to complete. That said, the accuracy of the test is unparalleled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've made far better decisions during the hiring process. Our retention has improved and we've built solid bench strength across our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.