Apptivo

Apptivo is a affordable SaaS business management software for SMB. Our ERP apps include project management, CRM, invoicing, supply chain management, and more!

Work for Apptivo?

AI
Administrator in Internet
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Apptivo
Kristin E.

"Great customizability and expandable"

What do you like best?

I can create as many fields as I need to organize, track and manage my contacts and customers. As the number of my clients grows I need to automate as many processes as possible. Creating triggers has been a huge help.

Great customer service/help desk (Rajesh is the absolute best. I'm always happy when he is working. He is fast, professional and doesn't waste my time trying to figure something out that he doesn't know. He finds out the answer and gets back to me at a later time or date.)

What do you dislike?

1. Few clear instructions and finding instructions for some specific issue is impossible online. Instructions on how to use all the fields and function fields available is non-existent. Little things like once you set up a section as one or two column you can never change it...ever.

2. There is no capability for creating a statement for my customers to show their payments against a statement. Some of my customers pay on a per class or weekly basis and sometimes they forget what they've paid. Being able to have a statement form, similar to the way the invoices are done, would be really helpful and save me a ton of time from creating one manually each time I need one.

3. The calendar sync feature absolutely does not work with Google calendar. I've spent countless hours trying to get it to work with the engineering team, but it just doesn't. My calendar is THE MOST important part of my business as I bill for my time.) The number of problems with this feature are too many to list here. I gave up and completely turned the feature off. At this point I doubt I'll ever use it.

4. I WISH there was a way to merge text messages with contacts into their Apptivo contact record. 90% of my communication with my clients is via text messaging...outside of Apptivo emails (invoicing, important detailed client communication emails)

5. Automated emails (sent by triggers) do not show up in the contact's out box. I have to create a separate field that gets checked off when an automated email goes out so that I can be assured it was sent. Also, I've found that those automated emails are more likely to be flagged as spam compared to individual emails I write to those sames contacts.

6. STOP trying to import ALL of my iphone contacts into Apptivo. I DO NOT want my personal contacts in Apptivo. Apptivo is 100% ONLY for business purposes. I shouldn't have to hit a button to say NO to this every single time I open the Apptivo app on my phone. Once should be enough, or make it something that customers manually have to go into the menu and chose.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn about all their features first and write out a plan for using and fields you want to create before starting. It's a lot of work to back up a path and recreate it in a different way to go down a different path.

1. I travel to my customers. Some have gate codes. I was able to create a gate code field and a group, which I could put as the first contact sort field on my phone. Now it's quick to pull up a gate code when I arrive at a customer's house. This is a "little" thing that actually is very huge when I need a gate code fast.

2. For 2 years I asked for a new field to show my customer's age (I work mostly with kids over several years). Manually updating student ages every year is impossible. I really need to know their current age at any time. I really needed it automated. They finally added this programming capability! Yea!

3. My customers are parents. They are constantly contacting me making changes to their schedule. I love how easy it is to use Apptivo to quickly update invoices to reflect the changes in # of classes.

4. I take electronic payments (Zelle & Venmo) I love being able to apply payments on the iphone app when I'm in the field and get alerts that I've received electronic payments. Saves me time at night on the computer doing paperwork.

What CRM All-in-One solution do you use?

"Quality and Timely Technical Support"

What do you like best?

The app flows nicely in terms of navigation, and fits our business, either directly or with flexible customization. The support is a serious differentiator, as it is available near-immediately online through the app. The quality of responses is quite good and we solve issues effectively in real-time rather than having to wait on email replies that can take days with other CRMs.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a little more control over the HTML output on the marketing templates. We're working with Apptivo on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Online support will ease the transition to Apptivo and help get it customized to fit your business. Tech support team member (like "Vignesh") are responsive and knowledgeable, and make the experience much easier.

Standard needs that a CRM typically covers are addressed, such as contact management, opportunities management. quoting, follow up, and general work flow organization. A variety of metrics and reports are used to gauge business conditions and help us in creating or tweaking sales and marketing strategies.

Vernessa T.

"Apptivo: All-Inclusive Cloud App for Admin & Operational Success (CRM, Project Management, Billing)"

What do you like best?

I like how detail views are available from most places; call logs, projects, tasks, notes can be associated with a contact or company or opportunity.

The integration with email is excellent, right down to making it easy to connect your email boxes. One challenge I had that Apptivo solved for me was how to keep emails related to a particular project or opportunity all together in one place. Apptivo does a good job of this by assigning codes (or project numbers), and allowing you to select whether or not the email you are writing is related .... If you are writing emails using some other application (your desktop client or cloud-based app), you can use the same code in the subject line and Apptivo will pull that email into the app, and associate it with the relevant modules (project, client, case, etc.)

They do not nickle-and-dime you to death! One price includes everything. Their tiers are about number of users rather than adding/subtracting features. A more sensible model than some of the others.

What do you dislike?

Apptivo communicates improvements and changes on a regular basis, however, it takes Apptivo a long, loooooong time to integrate changes that have been requested by clients, and improvements overall. The incremental changes they report on are good but they are really things that should have been implemented 4-5 years ago. They are playing catch-up with many of these. An example of this is Stripe (payment gateway) integration. I requested it over and over about 3 years ago but it was just implemented last year.

They could do better with customization (esp. dashaboards), reporting, data import, data export and speed. Also, connection to phone services (to take better advantage of the ability to log calls). Low scores on API/integrations and performance Reliability should be separated from performance because Apptivo is reliable, doesn't seem to ever lose information, etc. but it is often as slow as molasses in an ice storm. Waiting is a no-no; constant waiting is a annoyance that has made me close the app more than once and come back another time.

The interface still has areas that are clunky and unattractive (although, in defense of Apptivo, I must say the interface has improved in aesthetics, colors and icons in the 4 years I've been using it).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Apptivo never, ever came up in comparison reviews when I was looking for my all-inclusive operations software. It is a hidden gem and once you know about it, you have to commit some time to work through the modules to see if it can benefit your organization. Don't be afraid to ask questions of customer support especially about features you need. I found that some things I thought were totally missing in Apptivo were available in the Enterprise version. All I had to do was ask.

I've been using Apptivo on and off over a period of four years. I am a one-person firm (with occasional sub-contractors) using the Enterprise version of Apptivo. [Enterprise is not a "payment tier" per se, but an additional set of features that you can request be added on top of your plan.]

I was using Teamwork (formerly Teamwork PM) for project management, a local install of vTiger CRM for contacts and opportunity management, and myriad other cloud-based apps to pull together administrative activities. I wanted an all-inclusive software with strong project management features that also allowed me to handle detailed invoicing and allowed customers to click a link to pay. Lastly, the CRM component had to be at least as good as vTiger (or Zoho CRM which I'd also given a trial run).

Apptivo satisfied these needs. I use it more for project management, opportunity management, field service management, and billing.

Meredith S.

"Good, free program for managing work tasks and schedules"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the scheduling and task features on this program. It makes it easy to assign tasks and send event notifications to other staff members. Currently, I use it for myself to keep up with following up with church members, tracking events, and making sure I'm up to date on my weekly tasks. I also really enjoy that you can download a mobile app so you can keep up with everything on the go. It's a lot like Google calendar or Asana but you can be more detailed with the scheduling.

What do you dislike?

It's a pretty simple program to use. The one thing I dislike is the inability to schedule re-occurring events and tasks. For example, as I attend weekly meetings and have many of the same tasks on a weekly basis, it would be nice to add those all at once without having to individually schedule them. There may be a way to do these things but I have not yet found a way.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend some time getting to know the program before introducing it to other staff members. It is good to have what you need scheduled in before adding them into the tasks. Once they sign up, you can assign the specific tasks to them.

Scheduling events and tasks and assigning them to other staff members. It keeps us more organized and gives us deadlines to work with. Before having a program like this, we relied mostly on group text messages and emails and would frequently get confused as to who was taking care of certain tasks. This way, we can log in and see who is accomplishing the tasks.

Dan S.

"Chat customer Service is Incredible, especially Rajesh"

What do you like best?

The cost and amount of features you get are unmatched. However, the chat customer service is 24 hours a day with no waiting or queuing. They are knowledgable and very easy to understand. Rajesh just solved an API problem I was having by logging into my WordPress account and Apptivo Account and took care of everything... Amazing!

What do you dislike?

Not much. on a rare occasion they don't have a feature I would like, but they are always rooting out updates to address those customers needs.

CRM and ERP. Able to do everything on one system that works seamlessly for such a low cost per month.

Owen S.

"Great Functionality and customization"

What do you like best?

I like that I can choose how to implement the software. With a little up-front customization, which I have completed myself, I have made the software straightforward and intuitive for the way my business operates. I don't need to adapt to suit Apptivo, it changes to suit me.

What do you dislike?

The process for customization and up-front set up is not super intuitive. There was a pretty big learning curve with a lot of trial and error before I was able to really get rolling with setup and customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of any help that's offered by Apptivo for setup/training during the onboarding. There is a bit of a learning curve, and it's worth the time.

Our staff work almost exclusively remotely, so having the centralized storage of all of our vital business information was key. Apptivo's integration with e-mail also allows us to retain customer communications in a really simple way when there is employee turnover.

Dave G.

"Great customer support - but lacking some key features that I need"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is awesome. They have a help button on every screen and, unlike most CRMs, this button pulls up a chat box, not a wiki or forum. Within seconds of a request a live operator responds and actually gives you real solutions. I was totally impressed the first time I used it and figured it was a fluke but I've used the support chat multiple times and each time a knowledgeable rep was there to answer my questions and help me try to solve my problem.

What do you dislike?

I love the look of the interface but I don't like the inflexibility. For example, on the contact screen overview page you see all the contact info. Which is great....the first time you create the contact. But every time after that, I don't need to see all those details - I want to know what we talked about, what we are doing next, notes I've made, etc. Yes - you can see all that but you have to go to different tabs and each time you do that you have to wait. I'm sick of watching the loading graphic. There are currently no options to modify contact, company or home screens like you can do in Salesforce. The ability to customize these screens would be a deal sealer for me but when I asked about it the developers didn't seem to think it was terribly important. Instead they told me to use the NEWS tab.

My next complaint as I already mentioned - its slow. Page load time is painful. Switching tabs within a contact or company should be instantaneous and it certainly isn't ,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do the free trial (with the enterprise edition) and put it through the paces. I think they say 30 days but you can also request an extension. The program looks great and support is awesome but you really need to try it out and see if the pros outweigh the cons. For me, I don't think they do. Which is too bad...it's so close to perfect.

Managing my contacts, proposals and projects.

"Value for money"

What do you like best?

You get an extremely large variety of modules (they refer to them as 'apps') for a reasonable price. I tried Workflowmax and various other alternatives before settling on Apptivo in 2016. None of the others offered the sheer range of integrated modules. If you work in a project oriented industry, you can handle the entire workflow: marketing campaigns, leads, opportunities, estimates, invoices, project management and so on, through one system. Add to this chat support - within the app - and it is very attractive.

What do you dislike?

1.) I was initially attracted to the notion of 'Wordpress plugins' which could integrate your website and Apptivo account. These include ecommerce and business plugins. Unfortunately they don't seem to be a development focus, nor are they maintained regularly. The plugins also have unusual requirements - such as TLS 1.2 - which not all hosting companies offer. I don't want to have to move companies just for this aspect to work correctly. 2.) Sometimes a bit slow. 3.) Would like to see a landing page app, perhaps an integrated hosting account, with wordpress apps, seo and other digital marketing features. 4.) Templates for estimates should allow more customisation, or perhaps work with Office products like Word and PowerPoint, as some proposals require more information than allowed in a simple one-page estimate. 5.) The knowledgebase 'answers' app could do with an upgrade. 6.) Project due dates are calculated automatically; unfortunately Apptivo does not take account of the hours available and comes up with unrealistic dates. Ideally it would allow you to indicate hours available per day for a project and take that into account.

The key problems solved include: 1.) Not having to repeatedly enter customer / contact details. Enter once and convert through the stages to invoicing. 2.) Easy to find invoices for the accountant. 3.) I especially like not having to use separate systems for estimates and invoicing anymore. 4.) Automated reminders for late invoices - saves a lot of time - not to mention reduced awkwardness - as it is automated and you don't personally need to follow up with errant clients..

Jordan M.

"Picky Sales Guy with an unique customer base"

What do you like best?

I have been using Apptivo for a few years now. I research frequently to see if there are better platforms. While other platforms may have a few features that are superior, Apptivo has a suite of apps that meet my company needs the best. This way I don't have to have a CRM, and a separate program to be able to do custom estimates, it stores all my products which are many, in there and makes a real quick way to produce professional looking estimates with the customers' info all there.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to add tags on an import in mass. I would also like to have a predesigned estimate. I send out both custom and standard products. So it would save time if I could have the standard products saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are just looking for a CRM its good, but there are other options that are good, if you are looking for a suite to help run multiple aspects of your business then this is an excellent choice.

I primarily use this for a sales and marketing tool, but product management we also use it for. We are a small company and I am more the early adopter for this stuff so I see us expanding its uses more and more.

AR
Administrator in Real Estate

"Good CRM for a small business/startup"

What do you like best?

It has easy setup turning apps on and off. It has connected features to Google and other programs. The price is a bit more affordable than other CRM's like it. There is online 24/7 help through the chat system. It's easy to choose your features.

What do you dislike?

The functions aren't universal enough, you have to add the same information in Each App for them to be available. Example: Email Templates have to be saved in the Settings area for Each Menu Area ie. Leads, Contacts, Emails... you aren't able to just save it Once universally. Some of the reporting features are lost when you convert from Lead to Contact. I want to search a date range in Contacts but it's not there, only in the Leads area. It's hard to filter for a deeper search in the apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Play with it for the free trial and if you want accounts connected you will need to pay the same fee structure for each. If one account has a Year subscription they ALL do otherwise they can't connect for work purposes.

Keeps contact records of my leads. Has invoicing features and some automation for emails.

"Versatile CRM Platform, Great Price, But Inconsistent Quality of Support"

What do you like best?

Apptivo is a very comprehensive and versatile CRM platform at a great price. Its features are on par with other comparable CRMs, and Apptivo easily beats them when it comes to cost.

What do you dislike?

Apptivo is inconsistent when it comes to quality of their support. The good thing is that you are connected to a knowledgeable project team. But the bad part is that it's off-shore support, and there are communication challenges.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're considering Salesforce, or other similar (even more expensive) CRM options, make sure to give Apptivo a look. From a features standpoint, it will be very comparable to other platforms. And they win easily on cost. Just be aware that, if you sign up with them, you have to be very diligent with their support team.

Our company needed a CRM in which to centralize our sales activity. Apptivo has provided us a solid platform that's user friendly and expandable -- they offer additional apps (included with their already low price) that can be used to augment your CRM efforts. Through our sales team using Apptivo, we have seen improved communication, and have gained better account insight that should improve over time, as the team continues to get more comfortable with the platform.

Martin B.

"Customer Support is Excellent!"

What do you like best?

The people on the support team are always there - they also accelerate tickets and you are always able to talk with them.

What do you dislike?

One feature I still don't like that there is no Standard field on the Contact object to Identify the Company that this contact is primarily associated with....

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would add Company to the Contact Object.....

CRM, Billing, Projects

Miguel P.

"Decent alternative to Salesforce for small-sized business"

What do you like best?

Apptivo's pricing and all the "modules" available for multiple departments (not just sales). In addition, Apptivo has e-mail tracking which helps managers have a pulse on their team's productivity. Their support and product development team are also very responsive to requests/issues.

What do you dislike?

While it has the main meat and bones of a CRM, if you're coming from Salesforce, it will certainly be a mental transition. Apptivo's architecture is totally different, so you'll find yourself having to re-define what you thought certain features/fields should do.

Sales pipeline, sales activity, e-mail marketing

UR
User in Real Estate

"Great features but a little slow"

What do you like best?

I like being able to use it on my phone and computer. Setting up tasks with varying dates, projects, customers is my favorite part. The billing and invoicing is great for my web development side business. It looks professional, which is critical because I focus on small businesses.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels a little outdated to me. Also, it runs slowly on the desktop version, which can be frustrating.

I'm solving issues related to timelines and tasks on projects. I"m a real estate agent and I have a lot of steps in order to complete a transaction. Apptivo allows me to remember those tasks and plan them out. I really like the billing aspect for my side business as a web developer.

Amethyst Aymie H.

"Great CRM! Especially for Gmail"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed that it was recommended by google and that it integrates so well with gmail. I was able to import the email address that i already had in my gmail contacts. I LOVE the project management area. I have multiple projects active at a given time and being able to see them in the same place and my CRM is great! I wasn't able to use the help desk but i liked that it was readily available and it wasn't an extra cost.

What do you dislike?

When I was testing out the software I was having issues with uploading my client list i had exported as a csv. Some contacts weren't populating. Not sure if it was because i was missing an email address for the contact or if i had poor connection the few times i attempted.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The pricing is good (now) if you are the only one using it. I like that it also has a project management area and help desk and at no additional cost. These features help to keep everything organized.

Utilizing a CRM that integrated with gmail for our whole team and it was simple to use. I tested it for myself before deciding not to press forward. I realized that i liked having all of these features (CRM, help desk, project management) in one place instead of going to multiple companies.

Chris H.

"Excellent for small businesses who are new to cloud solutions."

What do you like best?

The interface was very intuitive, as applications must be these days. The inline support team were excellent and very proactive. It was easy to get up and running and start invoicing clients within days.

What do you dislike?

Some customization just wasnt possible. It did make us think how we should change how we work, but sometimes its hard to change the tire on the car while the car is running

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For larger implementations, it may be difficult to get support needed, but for smaller businesses, it ticks most boxes without being overwhelming

It has streamlined the invoicing, standardised pricing and reduced the workload on some staff as centralised information accessible from anywhere whether mobile or browser

Colin D.

"Apptivo CRM Review"

What do you like best?

Scale-ability of the software suite. Easily adopt as few or as many plug-ins / apps as you see fit. I would easily describe Apptivo more as an 'ERP' than a 'CRM' as so many features are available.

What do you dislike?

Support can be a little lacking on occasion. Not a major drawback considering the pricing, but can be slow to respond on occasion.

Automated invoicing, proposal generation and prospect management, all within one interface.

Reagan L.

"Ideal for Basic CRM Management"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Apptivo provides a clean and straightforward interface for client relationship management. It's task management is not overly intricate, and it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

There could be more customization of menus, but this is more a wish than a requirement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know your must haves and your wants. If Apptivo meets at least your requirements, then its a good value in most cases for the price. The support is also committed.

Keeping track of important conversations and managing follow ups can quickly become overwhelming without a system to manage this. Apptivo has kept me on track when I've used it consistently.

Anish D.

"Apptivo"

What do you like best?

This is the most functional CRM I found with great customisation facility given to user. It is a bit tough to understand in one go but there are lots of videos and very good support available for your any issue faced. It is simple to customize and it has got great UI.

It is ideal sort of tool to operate a small business.

What do you dislike?

The main problem we faced was the website speed and problem in uploading information of leads which turns as a great trouble sometimes but yes I can give 5 starts to the customer support they provide for each and every problem you face. Also, one problem I faced was, I was unable to rename the app customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you are owing a small business and you want to operate your business with ease them this is an ideal tool for you. Its support is all time available to quickly solve your problem or at least to provide you support till the time your problem is solved.

We as a small company provides support and services to various clients. It helps us to find new leads and show our abilities that what all we have done. It is very easy to be customized as per your needs and it is simple to understand the customizing process once you talk to any customer service support guy.

"Apptivo has saved my small business time and money"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, time sheets, invoice creation, CRM like software.

What do you dislike?

I don't perform work by projects and lots of functions like approving time sheets are tied to the project structure. It's not easy to get a yearly total dollar amount billed to each customer and just for my business as a whole, that'd be helpful at tax time.

It helps me show my clients how many hours I spent on each task thus justifying my bill at the end of each month. It helps me track which invoices are paid and which ones are outstanding.

Cara F.

"Good for small business applications"

What do you like best?

Cost on an annual basis, all contacts in one place, follow-up tracking

What do you dislike?

Basic reporting - no "bells and whistles" / "fancy" reports

Client and prospect follow-up, client data all in one place

"Best CRM I ever have"

What do you like best?

user friendly & most of the features are free to use for a small business. Easily to customized to what your expectation. Most important is I can easily get Apptivo support wherever I facing any issue.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike about Apptivo...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

start up new small business can try use Apptivo CRM.

Generate to pdf issue. Learn something in Apptivo setting

Alissa B.

"Overall like apptivo but doesn't completely cover our needs"

What do you like best?

That everything is located in one place and being able to customize features is very helpful!

What do you dislike?

Client Invoicing is difficult--we're still sending out invoices through another software as we weren't able to customize the invoice enough for our purposes.

Database & project managment. Makes it easier to manage our projects.

Wendy R.

"Simple way to keep contacts organized"

What do you like best?

I like the way Apptivo allows me to keep contact records and syncs with my google acct.

What do you dislike?

Not much do not like, occaissionaly there are syncing issues but support usually helps me resolve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I reccommend it

a simple private way to keep all my client data

Learn more about Apptivo

Apptivo Videos

Learning about Apptivo?

* We monitor all Apptivo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.