TimeSolv Reviews & Product Details

TimeSolv Overview

What is TimeSolv?

TimeSolv helps lawyers increase their billable time and get paid faster. We are the most comprehensive, yet easy-to-use cloud legal billing software proven since 1999 with over $5.3 billion billed. Join thousands of legal professionals who trust TimeSolv. TimeSolv can be used off line and online. Compatible with PCs and Macs, iPad and other tablets, iPhones and Android app. Get paid faster with LawPay and Client Portal. Try our 30-day FREE trial.

TimeSolv Details

Attorneys from small to medium law firms and area of practices will enjoy TimeSolv Legal's robust features while performing the critical client billing activities.

TimeSolv offers a custom built two-way integration with QuickBooks, meaning data can flow both directions between products, ensuring the tightest integration possible and something our competitors don't offer. We also offer integration with Xero Accounting, a leader in web-based accounting for small businesses.

We have the most robust legal project management tools available for any SaaS time/billing software. You can create very detailed matter budgets and make time entries against that budget, meaning you can know in real time if you've gone over budget for a matter. We also offer over 30 different types of reports with various filters to get the information you need fast.

Our billing features include batch billing and the ability to edit an invoice while it's in draft mode, meaning less clicks, less time looking for old time entries you may need to edit and faster billing.

TimeSolv Corporation

TimeSolv Reviews

Showing 252 TimeSolv reviews
Already have TimeSolv?
attorney
What do you like best?

Cloud based, electronic payment platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Allocating payments is somewhat burdensome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The tutorials are so helpful so watch as many as you can, especially in the beginning and when we have needed technical support, the response is almost immediate. We would definitely recommend TimeSolv to any law firm wanting a intuitive timekeeping system with an electronic payment platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We switched to TimeSolv at the beginning of the year and have been so happy with it. Our prior timekeeping program was not cloud based, so the switch saved us during the Pandemic shutdown when working offsite. And allowing our clients to pay immediately through the Portal if they choose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO / Paralegal Extraordinaire; CBA, J.S.M., MATD
Legal Services
What do you like best?

I'm not sure what impresses me more, the ability to set up abbreviations (macros) for commonly used time entries of up to 2000 characters, how easy it is to print and send invoices, or the blessed joy of entering a payment and instantly applying it across multiple invoices! Entering time isn't a chore anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's been almost 3 months and I really haven't encountered a downside or found anything to dislike about the program or company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a self-employed, work from home paralegal, I was using (shh!) Excel and a standalone time/billing program that fit my meager 2008 startup budget. It was a clunky process, but it was familiar. Then one of my attorney-clients introduced me to TimeSolv. I won't lie, I was resistant - other programs I'd tested had impossible learning curves (and didn't have 'I work from my unfinished basement office' pricing). I picked up TimeSolv quickly and the support has been amazing.TimeSolv is intuitive and easy to use. I almost enjoy entering time now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I've used many different time entry, reporting and billing programs and this is by far my favorite. It is very easy to use on all accounts: time entry, pulling reports and invoicing. I work for a public relations firm and we use this program; even though TimeSolv is aimed at/marketed towards legal services, I would suggest all types of business look into this program if they're looking for an efficient time tracking and invoicing program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find something that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is not just for legal services, we are a public relations firm and I would refer this product to anyone looking into a more efficient time entry/tracking/invoicing program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy and efficient time entry, tracking/pulling reports and invoicing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

TimeSolv is totally adaptable to almost any service business--legal, accounting, etc. I have setup the account and charging codes to fit my business and I'm not restricted into some standard verbiage set by someone who does not understand my business or my clients. It operates almost seamlessly in the background. The program has almost complete flexibility in charges and work codes. Although I haven't needed to use it, the program would give me the documentation necessary if I were involved in a worker productivity dispute. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the program does not have a better catalogue of "helps." When I have a problem, I must call or email my question. I think that having various Q & A online would speed along the process. I have never had to wait any amount of time for a contact during the work week. Problems on weekends sometimes do cause a problem.

I wish that I could delete old clients easier. Now the account needs to be cleared which takes time. I would like to be able to just delete "dead" guys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A trial period is offered and I would advise taking advantage of it. The learning curve is a bit steep. Time and patience will out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a CPA in public practice, I need to have a reasonable means to bill my clients for time expended. Since I have several employees, I am able to customize the billing cycle to account for different skill levels, charge rates, and functions. I am able to justify charges based on the time spent to any client who asks for a breakdown. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and track. You can easily add a new time entry if you knew how long you had worked on something, or you can use the timer feature that allows you to add an entry and then begin the timer. It would round up to the nearest 15 minute increment, which made for easy time keeping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had the timer feature on and forgot to stop the timer at the end of the day, I would log in the next day and the timer would have ran all night, so I didn't know how long I actually worked on that project for, leading me to estimate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the trial version first to make sure it works for your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After we created several client/projects in the software, it was very easy to track what projects were worked on and for how long. You could also make a note with each time entry to give distinction to what you did on the project at that time. This could allow you to both see how much time is directed to a certain client/project, but also to distinguish what aspect of the project was taking the most time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Summer Fellow
What do you like best?

Timesolv makes it easy to keep detailed records of each task being completed during the workday. The timer function offers a precise alternative to calculating time by hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for users that are just getting started might still be a bit steep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Those considering TimeSolv should know that it is an effective way to measure the levels of activity on each project that you seek to complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With its timer function, Timesolv has provided a solution to errors made attempting to record time spent on tasks that end up taking less than an hour to complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like TimeSolv's competitive pricing, ease of use, simple and intuitive interface, and helpful online guides compared to other programs. I also like that TimeSolv offers a lot of online training & support, and has a phone app. They also have a 30-day trial so that users are given sufficient time to try out the software versus competitors who only have a 7-day trial. There is also a forum to request changes and new features to the software, which the moderators actively review and respond to. In fact, TimeSolv just recently released an update where users can change the size of the font in the footer on the invoices per the request of the users on the forum. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more customization options for the appearance of the invoice, such as the font type, font size, and the ability to move sections around on the invoice. I would also like to see an invoice template for a simple flat fee arrangement, instead of the complicated procedure they have now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the 30-day trial. If you need extra time, contact customer support and they can give you an extra week if you're unsure or stuck between two potential products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall, TimeSolv has saved a lot of time in tracking billable hours, tracking productivity, tracking expenses, and creating and sending invoices. It also captures a lot of billable hours that were not accounted for before using TimeSolv. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

TimeSolv makes keeping time easy, even though I do not like keeping time. The most helpful aspect of TimeSolv is that it allows me to easily track my time down to the minute that I am working. That time can then be tracked back to my clients effectively. The upsides of this is that billing and time tracking is made much easier for the management at my office. Because of this I have more time to handle the tasks that I need to complete and they, in turn, are better positioned to keep track of who is doing how much for whom. It’s a win win win. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really, really do not like keeping my time. Comes with the territory though, and that’s not a fault of the product. Th elects helpful aspect of TimeSolv is that it is limited to the input fields my supervisors have out into it. Much of my activity falls into those categories, but when there is something that does not, it becomes very difficult to accurately describe what I am doing. There is also the downside that I have to continually remind myself to keep my time; I don’t think I can attribute that problem to the product though. I also dislike the color scheme a little bit, but I feel that that really is a minor quibble. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider what you want out of the product. It works very well for what it is. Still not fun though. I don’t think anyone wants to keep their time, anywhere. It’s a necessary evil. TimeSolv makes it relatively painless. I would suggest that those looking at TimeSolv compare the functionality of their current product. I can’t speak to the price, but it does perform its function very well. My advice is to thoughtfully consider the task codes and clients you enter into the system so that anyone keeping their time can be sure to be very accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have not had any problems. It has made keeping my time pretty easy. It allows you to be very precise which is helpful. We are obligated to keep time to track the clients we work with and our hours with them. TimeSolv makes that process much easier. It allows you to both keep time while you are doing an activity and to go back later and fill it out. And, because it is web based on the cloud, it is always available. This has made keeping time (almost) painless. It has impacted my work by making it quicker and less complicated and relatively painless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and ease of use that Timesolve offers. It has everything I need in a Timekeeping software. Timesolve is also very reliable and I have never had a problem with functionality. I also like that Timesolve is accessible anywhere with internet. This makes timekeeping on the go very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I do not dislike much of anything about TimeSolv. I suppose that it could have additional features, but it already does everything that I need it to do at this point. It is a utilitarian product that has additional potential. For example, if TimeSolv offered an email filing and management feature that allowed a user to save emails related to a specific matter within TimeSolv, I would certainly use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a simple, easy to use, and quality timekeeper, TimeSolv is the way to go. It offers a great value for the price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TimeSolv has helped me track my time in an efficient and accurate manner. TimeSolv is an improvement over many other timekeeping methods in my industry. I have also been better able to track expenses that are billable to clients through my use of TimeSolv. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

This is the best billing program ever! It was such an easy transition from Timeslips. So user friendly! The best part about this program is the Customer Service. These reps go above and beyond to help the transition. You can always speak to someone and they will take their time with you until you understand and will walk you through any issue. This program has cut my time spent on monthly billing in half! LOVE IT! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about this program. Best Billing program I've ever come across after 20+ years as a Paralegal/Office Manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a new billing program, you cannot go wrong with TimeSolv Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to wait for attorneys to send me their time to start my program, they do it themselves!

They are able to access the program through their IPhones and they never lose time. Saves time at the end of the month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked best the timer feature it helps me accurately record my billable time. I also like the short cuts, they allow me to use shorthand and enter my billable hours efficiently. Another feature I enjoy is when you log in it has a graph on your hours for each month so it gives you an easy side by side, it keeps a graph of of your hours for each year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I have been using timesolv for about a year now and I have yet to have any problems with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Timesolv is a great software to use especially, it accurately keeps track of your billable hours. The software allows you to store shortcuts that allow you to easily write in your descriptions, this allows for more time to bill because you take less time typing everything out. In a year I have not had one problem with the software, it has not crashed on me. I would definitely say that the software is very reliable. I use this software just about every day to bill my hours, it keeps track of all of my billings. The software keeps track of all of your data each year and you have access to go back and review everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to accurately record my billable hours. Keep track of all of my billable hours dating back years, which is very useful when we need to refer back to information for our clients. TimeSolv is very user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

I like how user friendly TimeSolv is, and easy to on-board new colleagues. Although Timesolv seems to be commonly used for legal tracking, we're a marketing agency and find that is works great for tracking our client service hours, learning hours, and more. I also appreciate how easy it is to review other associate's hours and make changes if needed. That set-up keeps the process moving, instead of holding up billing by asking someone to change their own hours if there's an error. Finally, TimeSolv's customer service seems very approachable. We haven't had too many issues that we've needed resolving, but they are very easy to get in contact with in any situation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't love that TimeSolv doesn't break down time by Plan Task To-Do to the degree that would be ideal in reports. This causes issues when we have a client with multiple budgets for work under one project. However, if you export reports as Excel CSV files and use pivot tables this can quickly be done manually, so it's not too much of a hindrance. I also wish that Timesolv had an automation set up to contact a user at a certain point in time every week/bi-weekly/month/etc if that user does not have all their hours for the time period in. Currently, our admin manages this process, but it seems like it could be a good feature to add to cut back on the time our administration has to check in with users to remind them to enter their time (if it's not all captured for a 40-hour workweek). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TimeSolv is a great tool for marketing agencies in addition to law firms. It's great if your focus is logging time and creating invoices based on the time logged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are ensuring that client service hours are captured accurately and quickly. I've working in other advertising agency settings and I can confidently say that the tracking we do with TimeSolv is much more accurate and timely than what a lot of agencies use. This allows us to make sure all projects are within budget, and to identify which projects yield us the highest profit margin. I don't love the timer feature and find it lacking, but mostly just track and block my own time based on my current projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President/CEO
What do you like best?

Awesome product. Has allowed us to catch missed time! User Friendly and customizable! Also has a compatible App that allows for entry on the road. The reporting is real-time and allowed me to monitor revenue daily. Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I do not like! This was a great business decision. Obviously, there is an expense to the software, but we have made up for it in missed billings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take it for a trial run, but you will not be disappointed. Very cost-effective from other software and got the job done . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems. Increased revenue, increased productivity, increased tracking by services category. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

It is easy to use, userfriendly and makes keeping track of legal work easy. Tracking clients through the program is an ease as well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It times out quickly, but that is an avoidable issue on my end. Also the graphics and program itself are not as aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need an easy to use program that integrates well with Quickbooks, this is the one for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TimeSolve has made it easier for me to track my work in an orderly fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love Timesolv as it has a lot of great features that helps streamline our business, billing, and time in one place. We use it for our company as a way to track our time for payroll and billing. It also includes reports that are generated by this information we input and makes a smooth way of compiling all information we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I knew all features that it can provide and how to use them all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to track what time people are spending on their work and for what clients and also to find out who isn't inputting their time but needs to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The program is reasonably intuitive and the customer support is superb and readily available without a high cost annual maintenance charge. I like the ability to edit time entries prior to sending out the invoice. I also like the ability to save steps when entering multiple entries for one matter. It is easy to prepare draft invoices allowing me the ability to monitor middle of the billing cycle progress. It is easy to bill hourly or to use a fixed billing arrangement. It is easy to set-up and use abbreviations which make writing time descriptions easier and less time consuming to complete. There are weekly emails addressing new additions to the software or that provide detailed use instructions for aspects of the program that have elicited the most support requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of information to set up a new client or billing matter, but all of the information is important and once a client is set it becomes much easier to add new matters. The program does not automatically send repeat unpaid bills (or if it does, I have not learned how to do so). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The support group is amazing and the company did a really good job of efficiently transferring all of my prior active data from Timeslips into my TimeSolv database/program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can enter time with any device from any location as it is web based. Use of the smartphone app allows me to scan expense receipts which are uploaded into the database and at my option become a part of the invoice to the client. It is easy to calculate discounts, to use a tax to cover fixed expenses. Also, I can easily email all of my invoices using a common or specially designed cover email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Timesolv is a what you see is what you get software. It's a very intuitive software that puts everything out there for easy entry and review. The month calendar feature with hours manifested on a day to day basis is particularly helpful to monitor productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ease of specific client monthly billing with concomitant ease of amending entries could be easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Value is very important to me and Timesolv hits a homerun on this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of specific client monthly billing with concomitant ease of amending entries could be easier. It is easy enough to work round. the value of the product makes up for this issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President / Principal Epicor Consultant
What do you like best?

As a billable consultant I like the ease of entry for time/expense recording. The faster I can report my activities means less time away from billable hours and quicker payment turnaround. I also like the ability to create Projects and track resources and budgets against their Phases and Tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there isn't anything I dislike. The software, including the mobile app, are meeting my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out the mobile app. It's a great tool for users on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick entry of time/expense activities reduces billable hours wasted on record keeping. TimeSolv provides our subcontractors with easy access to our system which greatly improves turnaround for billing their hours and reduces our administrative data entry burden. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Owner
What do you like best?

Ease of use of the program and all customizable features, affordability, and great customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any dislikes about the program. It's everything we needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a try before you spend any money on the more expensive ones, especially if you are a small law firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our problem was keeping track of all the time spent on cases. Time management is a breeze with TimeSolv. I have more time for other office duties because TimeSolve saves more time than any other program we have used. The fact this program is costing for the year what we were paying per month, that is a major benefit in our eyes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Being able to keep all my billings separate but still being able to track my total weekly and monthly time. I also like how you are able to add in other expenses such as printing costs and any traveling or reimbursement expenses that I might have for any client. I like being able to see my total hours billed all together and I like being able to break apart my hours based on the client I am billing and by the case I am billing for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I minimize the screen, it is difficult to navigate the website and enter in time entries. I am not able to see the little calendar, which day I am on, or how much total time I have billed, which is helpful for me to plan and stay oriented. I think it might be fun if each person was able to customize the colors of their own screen, if we could set reminders or notes on certain days if we are not able to enter in a full description of the time and activity we billed for on that particular day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend using this software if you are a business that has multiple employees with different billing requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am more on track with entering in my time and do not let my time entries pile up before getting them entered. It also makes it easier for me to plan my hours for the day, week, and month. It is great for pacing yourself. As a benefit, I have realized that I am not being rushed or overly stressed once it gets to the end of the month and I realize I need to bill and extra x amount of hours in order to meet my requirement. I can track the hours the entire month to make sure I am on schedule to meet my goals and even go above and beyond my goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Straight from the login screen TimeSolv is easy and practical to use. The calendar setup makes it easy to visualize billing hours for each week as well as the month as a whole. The program has made billing much easier for our firm! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, but if I could make one suggestion it would be to implement a chat function to contact customer service easier if necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spending less overall time on billing. It makes things quicker and simpler for our entire team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of adding entries, the fact that my daily billables for the month are shown on one screen and for each day, it's easy to track where I need to improve billables. The ease of adding disbursements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information in time entries does not translate over to actual bills run (for instance, the country that the entry pertains to), but we are working to get that fixed with our CS rep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ensures that we all stay on track with our billables for the month. Seems like a big law firm time entry system, but costs much less per user (we are saving money and getting just as good of a time entry system). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant District Attorney
What do you like best?

Law school teaches law, not how to run a law firm. TimeSolv fills the gap. TimeSolv has been phenomenal to work with allowing me to capture lost time in an easy manner. The software and company are user friendly, proactive, and have helped me take control of my billing rapidly. I return phone calls as I travel from court to court. I spend very little time in my office and TimeSolv's 24/7 cloud access supports my style of law firm management. TimeSolv has made it exceedingly easy to log and bill for my calls. Thank you TimeSolv for a product that helps the solo practitioner compete with the big firms without having to hire extra staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The codes are primarily designed for larger firms. A simpler set of codes for the solo practitioner would be beneficial. I have not spoken to them about this idea, but I have no doubt they will be supportive as they have been very helpful in establishing new codes that have helped me simplify my billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it, use it, you will not be sorry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have recaptured lost phone calls that I make while traveling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite part is GIGI! The ease of manipulating reports is great too! Whatever they ask for in a report I can gain access to easily. If not, I just contact GIGI for help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is tricky to go back into a closed invoice or a previous employee and update or delete a entry that is wrong. Our cases sometimes go for 2 years before we need certain reports. It can be done. I just am thankful for GIGI when I run into issues. She is always pleasant with my chaos! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have never had such a great support team! Ron and Gigi are amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The reports has really helped me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.