Tailwind Reviews & Product Details

What is Tailwind?

Tailwind is the complete Pinterest & Instagram marketing toolkit for bloggers and businesses of all sizes. Schedule posts, discover content, monitor conversations, amplify your reach, and measure results all with one tool. Affordable for Small Businesses, Extensible for the Enterprise

Tailwind Screenshots

Writing and Editing
Most Recent Tailwind Video Review
Ms
(Myself Only)

"Get Pinterest traffic for your blog the easy way!"

What do you like best?

Tribes is by far the best part of Tailwind, but the pin scheduling tool is a close second. Having trusted and engaged people that make up the community on Tailwind means that my pins get the type of engagement and sharing that I need to increase my website traffic.

What do you dislike?

Tailwind can be kind of complicated to set up in the beginning, and this is due to the plethora of options. And how you want to use the tool. Once you find your rhythm, keeping up with scheduling takes 30 minutes once a week for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When manual pinning starts to take up more of your time than you have to give, I suggest using Tailwind. This app will not only save you time, it will also loop your most popular or seasonal pins.

It also gives you detailed analytics to help you create more of what works.

I am getting my blog posts shared with many more people than just my usual website visitors. This helps me understand what kind of content I should be creating more of.

As well, it is a huge time saver!

Blogger
(Myself Only)

"Tailwind is a great scheduler and so easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love Tailwind as it's easy to use. It makes scheduling stress-free and I can change once pins are scheduled. The added Smart-Loop schedule is great too and though I'm still on the trial version I will probably purchase this too. The Chrome Extension is brilliant and I use it all the time. While I use Tailwind mainly for Pinterest, I also use it for Instagram so switching between the two works well for me.

The insights section is excellent as I can see how my pins and boards are doing on an almost daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There is no mobile app for android phones yet which is very disappointing. I check Pinterest several times during the day so it shows me more pins, however I can't add these to tailwind. Would like to see this app in use in the very near future. I find when I automatically post to my Facebook page (not personal) page, it doesn't come up with the right photo - maybe it's just me as I haven't checked with Tailwind about this problem.

While the insight section shows me followers it would also be great to include monthly unique views and monthly engaged so I can see everything in one screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While it is the only scheduler product I have used, I highly recommend it as it's easy to use. It has the ability to schedule ahead, change your schedule and provide statistical data about your social media performance.

The greatest benefit is being able to schedule ahead - one time I have a full week schedule which was wonderful. The insights section is great for statistical information.

Production Control Buyer

"Run your Pinterest Marketing on Your Time"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to bulk schedule across several boards and see robust analytics. Automatically posting a pin to Twitter is great also. I am just starting to use the Pin Inspector, which lets you go back and look at data on a per-pin basis to see what is working and reschedule pins that have done well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to create settings for a particular board. For example, many group boards have rules about how often you can post, and it can be a little painful to keep track of those while trying to schedule content out a month in advance! I also wish more of the reporting features were available on the lower-tier plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For me, manual pinning just isn't an option. At this point, Tailwind is the only viable option out there...so it's a good thing they do such a good job! If you are struggling with the price, think about how much you would have to pay someone to do this work manually...or the money-making work you could do if you didn't have to do this work yourself.

I simply would not be able to achieve the growth in traffic and email subscribers without being consistently active on Pinterest, and I would not be able to be active on Pinterest without this scheduling tool since I have a full-time job in addition to my own business. It's like being able to be two places at once.

Social Media Manager and Marketing Strategist
(Myself Only)

"Tailwind Rocks for Pinterest and Instagram"

What do you like best?

I love that I can schedule posts to Pinterest and Instagram without worrying that they'll violate the terms of service for both platforms. The suggested times, hashtags and the ability to post to tribes helps me to save time and feel confident that I'm reaching my audience when they are online. Tribes are awesome for helping to reduce double posting or spamming - as long as you follow the prompts and don't post something when it flags that you've already posted that content.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there's not more of a variety of hashtag suggestions, and that hashtag suggestions for Pinterest aren' yet available. I'm not a fan of how there's a limit of 30 days of data with the paid monthly or annual plan for individuals. I'd like to be able to see more data that can help me out, similar to the level of data included in an enterprise plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to set Tailwind up properly. Follow all the prompts that are there to get your account set up fully - that leads to the best results and ease of use.

The benefits I've received from Tailwind include efficiency, saving time, being able to schedule posts way ahead of time, and being able to reach my audience.

Travel Planner
Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Tailwind took my social media game to new levels and saves me hours and hours each week"

What do you like best?

My favourite part of using Tailwind is the ability to use it on multiple devices, no matter where I am, to do my scheduling, for multiple social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest - because they are all linked together seamlessly) - whether I am at home on my desktop, late at night on my tablet, or waiting for an appointment on my iPhone - I can spend a few minutes scheduling posts whenever and wherever it's convenient for me.

What do you dislike?

I can't particularly think of anything I dislike about the Tailwind app, it's more that it's difficult to plan content that fits within the guidelines of all four platforms - the character restriction in Twitter versus the image sizing in Instagram vs the infographic guidelines in Pinterest and so on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tailwind is the biggest timesaver in my business today. I couldn't write a blog and run a business without it. The amount of time it saves me is incredible. It is so easy to use and learn, and integrates so seamlessly with other social media channels that once it's set up you can almost put everything on auto. You will spend a couple of hours doing what you once spend days!

I am solving the issue of time and scheduling. The benefit for me is freeing up my schedule for other things. I no longer have to spend hours and hours creating content, posting it, sharing it, tweeting it, uploading it to Facebook, turning it into a separate Instagram post, then pinning it to Pinterest, and repeating the process 20 or 30 times a day. Nevermind connecting with other people on all these channels. With Tailwind I get to socialize on my schedule. Spend a bit of time when it's convenient for me scheduling posts for the week or weeks in advance, knowing that they will happen on time without me having to worry about them. Then I can focus on building my following on each channel, tweet about other things, follow accounts that will build my following etc.

"Great for optimizing business use of Pinterest!"

What do you like best?

The only way for me to stay on top of my social media content for my business is to have it scheduled out in advance. Tailspin lets me set times for my pins to automatically update so that I can keep an active presence throughout the week while only having to dedicate one day to creating & scheduling content.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite thing is that to access the analytics about when your audience is most engaged, you have to upgrade to the paid version. I get that most of these businesses have a paid subscription option to get access more tools, but that seems like a pretty basic feature that most social media managing apps/programs include in the basic version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great basic scheduling tool for Pinterest content, which is a huge help for anyone trying to drive traffic to a website or blog. The analytics in the free version leave a lot to be desired, so if you really want a lot of data on your traffic you'll probably want to upgrade to the paid version.

Tailwind has been huge for letting me schedule all of my Pinterest posts for the week all on one day so that I can devote time and energy to that on one day, then set & forget for the rest of the week. It also has some great analytics so that I can monitor what content is getting engagement.

Graphic Designer

"Set and Forget Reliable Post Scheduler for Pinterest and Instagram"

What do you like best?

Tailwind makes it so easy to collect and queue bits of content off the web to my Pinterest account. When you queue an image off any webpage using tailwind browser plugin it suggest you similar images which are impressively relevent to the one you posted, this helps you quickly find and queue similar content to your social accounts, in my case pinterest. Early i used to do this all manually and it would consume up so much time but with tailwind its much faster and much more efficient.

What do you dislike?

They have just about every feature you'll ever need to keep your social accounts active, got no complaints in regards to any feature just their pricing is a bit too high, if they could lower down their pricing by around 60% that would be perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pinning images using traditional pinterest bookmarklet is good if you are using pinterest for personal use but if you want to fully engage your pinterest audience then you need to try out tailwind, their scheduling feature has helped me post content at the right time to make sure there is maximum engagement on my pins.

Family Life Assistnt
Religious Institutions

"Slow but Helpful"

What do you like best?

I am a big fan of the Chrome button that allows me to schedule, so that I can schedule something that I find while searching the web or from my email. That also allows me more easily to pin for my employer without having to logout of my own Pinterest account, since I work from my personal home computer. My new favorite feature is the ability to pin from Instagram. It's still in beta, so it is a little glitchy. But, it is a great possibility.

What do you dislike?

Tailwind seems to move slow. I often save it for the last thing on my to-do list because of that. I also find the interface cluttered and hard to navigate. It's possible that there isn't another product better, but if it were my decision, I might try something different for my team first. Like their ability to pin from Instagram, I wish they would create a way for you to more easily pin from a blog.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am unaware of other products on the market for Pinterest management. If I could, I would want to find something with a cleaner interface and that worked faster. That being said, I'm not unhappy with Tailwind. I just wonder if there's something out there that is better!

My team needs Pinterest to be able to schedule in advance. This allows us to schedule out ahead of time, which makes our presence on Pinterest stronger!

Owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness
(Myself Only)

"Great for managing Pinterest as a business tool"

What do you like best?

Pinterest can be difficult to utilize for a business since it's completely different from other social media platforms. Since I'm still in the learning phases of figuring out how to target my ideal client through Pinterest, Tailwind is such a huge help to me for making sure that I'm heading in the right direction.

What do you dislike?

T dashboard page gives you suggestions for how to improve your Pinterest account, but I wish there was an option to dismiss suggestions. I typically take their advice, but certain suggestions (ie: inviting collaborators) don't work for me and I don't like having the pop up still on my dashboard suggesting I do that. Definitely a small complaint, but it's really the only thing bothers me so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to utilize Pinterest for your business, Tailwind is amazing for analytics and management. The free version is fairly comprehensive, though for more in-depth analytics, you would definitely want to upgrade to their paid-for "Plus" subscription. Since I do not currently share the management of any of my business's social media accounts with anyone else, Tailwind helps to streamline my use of Pinterest and make my life easier.

I'm consistently taking webinars, reading blogs and finding tips for Pinterest strategies. It's a very different approach than how you would use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Snapchat for a business, so I'm very much still in the learning process. Tailwind is helping me track what content is resonating with potential clients.

(Myself Only)

"Makes Pinterest scheduling extremely easy and saves time."

What do you like best?

You can see what you’ve scheduled for the future, so you wouldn’t schedule the same content for the same day. You can also post directly to your Facebook page from tailwind.

What do you dislike?

You can not post to Twitter. Otherwise, I have no complaints whatsoever! Everything works perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use Pinterest to grow your business, don't think twice - Tailwind will save you tons of time!

It saves me a lot of time because I don’t have to pin manually. I can also easily pin ahead of time for a vacation or getaway and feel relaxed knowing my pins are growing out as scheduled while I am on vacation. Plus, they also have analytics, where I can see how my pins are performing as well as how my boards are performing. This helps me decide whether or not a group board is helping my business grow.

Principal
Internet

"Tailwind Makes Me Sail Through My Posting"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to post in social media, and to re-queue a post from my library. Saves me so much time. Also great that I can see comments without going to the post.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to scroll down on the drafts so that I can select pinterest and Facebook. Sometimes I can see a scroll bar but not often. Also, just loaded a site update for Photographypla.net and the Tailwind logo for easy posting is missing. What's up with that? I can still right click and post.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it and use it!

Build visibility in social media and manage Pinterest account of 27,000 followers.

Owner/Author

"The one tool I actually use every single day"

What do you like best?

Of all the blogging tools that I've bought or subscribe to, Tailwind is the only one I use every single day. It lets me schedule a month's worth of pins in under an hour and helps me connect with other Pinners in my niche. Customer support is outstanding, and they're always adding new ways to make my life easier.

What do you dislike?

Not a thing. I can think of little features that I'd like them to add, but I am hard pressed to find something that I don't like. Maybe the price of the add-ons. They are a bit high. Especially the new auto-loop. Other than that, there isn't much to dislike.

I use it to find and schedule great pins to Pinterest, as well as promote my own posts. As far as benefits go, I've seen an increase in my Pinterest monthly views, engagement, and followers.

Office Manager/Marketing Director

"Best Pinterest Scheduler!"

What do you like best?

The interface mimics Pinterest, so it's intuitive and easy to use. I also love the scheduled time slots to the side, so you can easily move pins around. Tribes is also an incredibly useful feature and can really help you up your reach on Pinterest. Also the base level is really affordable, great for small businesses or bloggers.

What do you dislike?

It would be really nice if your drafts showed up in order by board, instead of just random. Would also like to be able to schedule more than 150 drafts, but maybe that's an upgrade feature. The tailwind re-scheduler from Pinterest could also use some help, it's clunky and slow, and takes way too many clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best one I've ever tried for Pinterest, but I don't really know how it is for Instagram or other social platforms. SO worth the investment for Pinterest scheduling, it will make your life so much easier.

Pinterest is our biggest traffic driver, but I can't waste all day pinning things. Tailwind helps keep it organized, keep it regular, pin way more than I could on my own, and really helps expand reach and traffic through best practices and Tribes.

Self Employed
(Myself Only)

"Streamlines the Pinning process"

What do you like best?

I love that I can pin many pins ahead of time, and organize my pins. The tribes are a great feature, and it really does help spread each other's content. The smart loop feature is helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could type in a specific date on a pin and have it move to that spot in the que. The smart loop helps me do specific types of content at more specific intervals but I would like to be able to get even more specific with it.

We have increased our engagement on Pinterest.

UE

"Why Tailwind is a Must for your Pinterest Marketing needs."

What do you like best?

The ease of use combined with the huge amount of possibilities that you have. The overall layout of the program is very user-friendly. Also, the addition of the auto post feature makes tailwind gold. With this feature, you can align all your marketing strategies at once.

What do you dislike?

It is a heavy web-based software package. Because my computer is a bit older, it is really noticeable. There is no quick "click and done" work that I can do. But then again, with a slightly better computer (read: after 2010) this should not be a problem :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to be professional with your Pinterest game, Tailwind is the software that you have to choose. It has all the features you will need and then some. Because Tailwind is optimized for Pinterest it fits seamlessly with all of its features. Add a great Instagram autopost feature and you instantly know that Tailwind is the software to use for your online marketing.

The automated posting feature makes the Pinterest work a lot easier. Because all the useful functions are onboard, you can tweak every post before it goes live. If you want, you could schedule for a full year in advance. This also works with the Instagram auto-post feature. You can align both schedules for maximum marketing results.

CEO
Entertainment

"Get Tailwind! Don't be the Pilot that said I don't know where I'm going but I'm making record time! "

What do you like best?

Mulitple Boards, Humans on the phone or chat. Tribes are great. The articles always informative on top of their game. Everything at Tailwind is the best and I have tested them all.

With Tailwind's direction and information, my business acct BARZZ has just reached 1.2 MILLION Viewers with just 500 followers. If that was FB I would have 20 people. Once again THANK YOU Tailwind FU FB.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you aren't on other platforms. I

also dislike that I happened upon tailwind after getting screwed by other utility programs

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get rid of any other marketing programs for Pinterest and Instagram. Get TAILWIND.

Posting on Pinterest automatically saves a tremendous amount of time. Analytics also helps to show whats working and then I correct what isn't.

AW

"I couldn't live without tailwind"

What do you like best?

so awesome for pinterest and brilliant for instagram! It is an absolutely essential tool for any serious blogger.I love the tribes as you can help out your friends and easily schedule their content and I really love the instagram scheduling.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love it and it is a constantly evolving tool, so it is always being updated and added too.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GET IT. You won't know what you did before when you get it!

It helps with scheduling, pinning, making pinterest better and it has helped me to grow my brand on instagram and pinterest.

Tailwind helps me to have enough time to do the fun part of food blogging: making and eating food! Tailwind also helps by making sure all my boards are optimised and it ensures thatI never run out of content to share. It helps me to get my work seen which equals traffic- which in turn equals $$

Independent Fashion Consultant
Apparel & Fashion

"HUGE Timesaver!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can pre-schedule my Instagram posts! It saves loads of time!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit hard to navigate. Also, the tutorial sometimes starts again when you sign in and makes you think you are creating a real post, but it never lets you post and you have to start again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tailwind has a free trail, I highly recommend trying that first. It will give you a great idea of whether or not the product will work for you!

I'm saving time by being able to pre-schedule instagram posts, but it also suggests the most successful hashtags and posting times! It's really upped my instagram engagement and success!

Digital Marketing Manager

"Extremely useful for anyone wanting to build Pinterest following"

What do you like best?

This is probably my favorite tool that I use with marketing. Manually pinning takes up so much time, whereas with Tailwind I can just spent 5 hours in the beginning of the week to pin everything for the entire week without worrying about it. It also helps me optimize the best times to pin. I like that I can see which pins are performing the best so I can replicate them.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that if I want to see all my previous pins from tailwind farther than 30 days back I have to upgrade to a higher cost membership. I also wish there was a way for me to pin my buyable pins through Tailwind, that would make it a lot better. I also like the new "tribes" aspect, but it's hard to start new ones on your own and to get people to really join them. It's a pain when the source/url of pins you're pinning doesn't carry over, and I'm not really sure why that happens, but it's still easier than manually pinning things one by one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely start using tailwind if you have a physical product or if you're a blogger. It will save you a ton of time.

I'm able to save a ton of time by scheduling everything to go on pinterest for the week, instead of having to do a little each day. 90% of our website visits are from Pinterest now, so it's helping get our brand awareness out there.

Social Media Marketing Expert
Computer Networking
(Myself Only)

"Tailwind was an excellent discovery..."

What do you like best?

It saves me a lot of time posting on Pinterest and it gets me loads of traffic.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say yet as I have not been able to get my head around all the great features, but so far nothing negative to declare.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your really want to save a lot of time posting to Pinterest and Instagram and get loads of traffic to your businesses, this is definitely for you.

Saves me a lot of time and is getting me more traffic than I could have without it.

(Myself Only)

"A Beginners Guide to Hashtags"

What do you like best?

I feel that this program is a lot like Buffer, but with one difference. Hashtags. Tailwind really helps you discover which hashtags are best to use. I don't always use Tailwind to upload, but I do put my images in to Tailwind to make sure that I am using the best tags for my post.

What do you dislike?

Like I said, I find this to be very similar to Buffer. And instagram's rules make it difficult to find this program as useful as it could be. If I could do all this work and then just leave the program to post for me, that would be wonderful. But the reminders, while useful, are not quite as useful as posting for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A really great tool, but if you already have your schedule figured out and your hashtags down, then you may not need to use Tailwind.

This really does help me schedule and reach as far in to my audience as I can with tags.

"Tailwind is the answer for growing Pinterest"

What do you like best?

Tailwind is SERIOUSLY amazing. I was able to grow my Pinterest from only a few hundred engaged users to over 2.5 MILLION in about 8 months. Additionally, my following went from a handful to over 1300!

What do you dislike?

Tailwind offers a service for both Pinterest and Instagram, I wish they were both included in one monthly subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend following Tailwind on YouTube for great tips/tricks/pointers and to learn about new features when they are released.

Tailwind makes it super easy to schedule posts to Pinterest. I schedule over a month at a time. This allows me to stay focused on other business matters while my Pinterest account is being taken care of and growing in the background.

Owner
Events Services

"Great program for managing Pinterest"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to schedule pins from any website, rewrite the caption to include keywords and even ensure that they are directed to the correct website. I also love prescheduling posts to coincide with my blogging schedule

What do you dislike?

That there isn't a way to see more of a return on investment - instead of just number of clicks or visits, figuring out who inquires because they saw me on Pinterest

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tailwind is so easy to use and helps drive traffic to my website, which increases my google listing!

automation!

co-owner Ash & Rose, designer of the Ash & Rose Collection

"Tailwind is everything they claim to be."

What do you like best?

It saves me time. I especially like the interval spacer which lets me post the same pin, with all its keywords etc., on to different relevant boards without having it show up over and over again all at once. It feels a lot like free exposure.

What do you dislike?

I have not figured out the ad campaign strategy on pinterest and a lot of the information everywhere, including tailwind, seems directed to bloggers, who just want to drive up their numbers to attract advertising revenue. I want to get customers to my store and am working on attracting our best purchasing audience, not just visitor.

I wanted to pin regularly without spending too much time and tailwind has been perfect for that.

C

"Easy to use for organizing Pinterest platform, with minor glitches. "

What do you like best?

It allows me to schedule pins WAY in advance, and always lets me know when I am going to run out of pins in the queue, so I can stay on top of my game.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the website will glitch and schedule duplicates of a pin, which isn't THAT detrimental to the brand, but it's definitely not a positive attribute.

The ability to batch schedule, which means only going in once a week for about an hour and planning out the entire week. It takes less time, and tailwind makes it really easy to organize everything. We are able to constantly reach out audience throughout all times of the day because we have our automated schedule set up that way.

Tailwind Features

8.6
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* Social Media Management Category
Do you work for Tailwind?