SimplifyEm Reviews & Product Details

SimplifyEm Overview

What is SimplifyEm?

SimplifyEm is much easier to use than spreadsheets and financial applications. You can avoid vacancies and get paid on time with tenant and lease management, save time and money with automated tracking of rental finances, and make tax season easy with one click tax preparation. Tired of filing cabinets overflowing with paper receipts, complex spreadsheets, and expensive property management software? SimplifyEm.com is your solution. Features include: - Rental advertising - Online applications - Tenant screening - Renter's Insurance - Tenant & lease information tracking - Notices - Communication History - Tracking income & expenses - Online payments via ACH & card - Maintenance request & work order tracking - Owner statements - Vendor management - Bank reconciliations - Detailed reporting Customer Support: - Free training - Live phone support - 24/7 email support - Video library - Free customer support for tenants, owners & vendors

SimplifyEm Details

SimplifyEm Property Management Software is a friendly, customer focused company obsessed with serving real estate investors. We are focused on saving Real Estate Investors Money and Time as they manage their finances.

SimplifyEm Property Management
2006
Fremont, CA

SimplifyEm Videos

SimplifyEm Screenshots

SimplifyEm Reviews

Showing 14 SimplifyEm reviews
Already have SimplifyEm?
What do you like best?

It is user friendly. Keeps everything organized and makes accounting easier. Customer service is amazing. They always fix any issues quickly and have the patience to explain. They answer very quickly to any request or question we might have. The reports they provide saves a lot of time when we need to send monthly reports to owners. Love the feature where we can set up automatic reminders to pay rent to tenants and notices as well. The feature they have that gives tenants the option to pay online is great too for us as property managers and also for the tenant's convenience.

I like that they are always looking for ways to make things easier to understand and work. They are always looking for improvement and their prices are very reasonable.

I also like the fact that is web-based so we are able to log in from anywhere at any time.

I like the email they sent every month showing the most profitable and the least profitable property in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the system or customer service. Everything is great! We have been using them since they started and have had a very satisfying experience. They are really no downsides about using them. All we have experienced has been positive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have no problems right now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Admin / Systems Analyst
What do you like best?

The Software is easy to understand and covers all the bases plus some. The cost point is spot on and I have a choice to do a lot of the legwork, or allow the software to take the burden. I would suggest this to anyone managing one property, or several properties. The tech support is very responsive to questions and any issues I have. I really made a great choice. If you are questionable about managing yourself, don't be. This software will make that transition an easy one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time I have not found anything I have not really disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to get out of the hassle of property managers that won't do their jobs, or just to save a dollar, this software will take you to where you want to be. Using this will make things easier, and cost effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have gotten rid of the extra cost of property managers that don't do their jobs and this has saved me an abundance of money over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The cutomer support is outstanding! The upside is again the customer support. Some aspects of the software is intuitive while some is not. I have a fair amount of computer experience (not a novice), however some things were not obvious to me to perform. With a email and/or a phone call, I will receive assistance. There are many videos on You Tube to review which I find very helpful. The cost of the software was competitive as compared to other programs. My portfolio is small but growing so the price according to scale was reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One downside of SimplifyEm is the inability to download the software to your computer as opposed to a web based program. I prefer software on my hard drive and the ability to download updates from the web. Several of the programs I have seen were like this as well though. I wish some things were more intuitive, however that may or may not be more subjective on my part. Occasionally, one may need to contact customer support as some functions you may not be able to "fix" on your end, however all agents have been very helpful including the agents I have talked to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would give them a try. The software can be used if you are growing or a large organization. As with most things, customer service is imperative! A company with poor service will not keep my business. The customer support is great and the price is competitive. If unsure, do a trial and see how it compares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using the software to streamline my property management. As this is not my primary job, I need to make my time as productive as possible. The ability to place all leases with the appropriate tenant, contact information, lease renewals, etc. has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The support is very good when you first start using the platform and navigating the site is not yet familiar. Once you get a basic understanding, there are plenty of opportunities to get as detailed as you'd like to with expenses and income data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't find a way to just upload documents that don't specifically have a dollar amount associated with them. Otherwise, so far I really like the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. They offer a trial period that you should spend a frequent amount of time using to see if this is the right product for you. I had no experience with it and feel confident enough to input data, upload supporting documents, run reports, etc at this point with less than one year of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of the multiple investment properties I have acquired in a short amount of time has been easier to manage because of this platform. Again, their support is great if you get stuck on something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I liked that the pricing it offered was the best price compared to other software platforms. However, I quickly learned that that pricing was for the very basic use,,, anything else you want to do will cost you.. things like online payment, owner portal, profit and loss reports, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I you accidentally delete something, you are not able to go back and recover it.The only way to do that is paying a fee. If you make a mistake, there is no way of turning back. In order to get simple accounting reports you have to pay so much more for the program, also to accept online payments. Everything costs more and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a very basic program. It was really just a step up from my own excel spreadsheet creations. At least I was able to put something back if I accidentally deleted it without it costing me $100 + Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having to create my own spreadsheet to send to my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I use the product to keep track of our tenants and expenses and love it. I also like that I was able to purchase a lifetime license so I do not have a reassuring cost for life! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be nice if they added a checking account dashboard to keep track of expenses and income I have to use another application for that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am not able to track all of my tenants and keep track of expenses I love the fact that it is an affordable software platform to help me keep track of all of that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use, and how I can compare in one screen 3 months together, all the information that I need is one click away. Sending owners reports takes me one second. I love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because my location I can't use all the features but everything that I have use so far is available, I would like them to include the owner portal to small business like mine without having to upgrade to the next level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since using SimplifyEm, I'm more organized, and it takes me less time to keep up with the accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Easy to learn. Simplistic. Easy to understand each step. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being in separate time zones the ability to contact customer support can be trying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to be prepared with your accounting records setting up. I recommend setting it up and starting new from the date implemented and not trying to introduce old accounting into the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Much easier to track payments and accounting. Check writing and printing so much easier than former software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SimplifyEm is so easy to use for tracking revenue and expenses at a very low cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to create a "fake" property to record and track general business expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Low cost accounting and tax management as a real estate property owner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. Was using Yardi before, and this is so much easier to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet working great. It is easy too switch from one property to another Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs this tpye of software. I have shown many potential customers how easy it was to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to run more than one property at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Associate Broker
What do you like best?

Program is simple, easy to use and works to meet my goals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

would like to see report format a bit more cleaner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easily tracks P&L for each property Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer support and fast response. Good price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it is a web based program. It was much better if it was standalone program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keep records of rents received and the expenses spent. We can create different kind of reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ONLINE MARKETTING MANAGER
What do you like best?

SimplifyEm is doing job. I manage my properties with this property management software, and I don’t have enough words to praise it. I do not need to visit my tenants every month to collect rent, instead, I collect it online. it has integrated payment collection system. Thanks SimplifyEm Property Management Software team to provide such a beautiful application...... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We need some more report, If SimplifyEm team add more report. it would be great for us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are managing property management using SimplifyEm property management software. It is easy to use application for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Very easy to set up and use. SimplifyEm helped me manage my tenants a lot. I got a detailed tenant history and financial report every month to review. It has made my properties and transactions much more organized and comprehensive. It is exactly the kind of property management software I have always looked for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few reports that are not available at the moment, would be nice to have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are US based Property Management company and manage our online rental property using Simplifyem Property Management Software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for SimplifyEm?

SimplifyEm Categories on G2