Privy Reviews & Product Details

Privy Overview

What is Privy?

GROW YOUR EMAIL LIST Create beautiful displays with easy to use audience targeting and triggers designed to get people to join your list and buy from your store. REDUCE CART ABANDONMENT WITH TARGETED DISPLAYS Launch targeted pop ups and flyouts with exit intent and special discounts to close the sale before people go away. DRIVE REPEAT VISITS & SALES WITH AUTOMATED EMAILS Send abandoned cart emails, autoresponders, coupon reminders, and welcome series that drive people back to your site to learn more or make a purchase.

Privy Details
Discussions
Privy Community

Privy helps over 200,000 businesses rapidly grow their email lists and reduce abandonment through the use of targeted pop ups, other displays & automated emails that are integrated with top ecommerce and email platforms.

Privy
2011
Boston, MA
@privy

Privy Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Privy community
Have you used Privy before?

Privy Reviews

Showing 24 Privy reviews
Already have Privy?
What do you like best?

Its ease of use I consider to be what stands out and impacts the first time you decide to use Privy, the fact that it allows you to perform a large number of tasks in such a simple, fast and simple way is something that definitely helps to organize and make better use of time, the ease with which I can get information about existing properties within the area and with which I can create comparative analyzes of them is surprising, in my experience I had not seen an application that would help me to do these tasks in the same way that Privy does, the fact that you do not need to be a pro in the area of ​​computing or computing also turns out to be something quite practical to start using this application without any problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I can have about this application is that little information is obtained about it on the internet, so everything must be by self-learning, they should create a kind of more formal official documentation that facilitates learning about this tool in a much more efficient and practical way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been helping me to get properties for sale in a faster and easier way, and not only that, but I am also a real estate agent, the information that it provides me has been being of great help to make comparisons between properties of a more complete and detailed way, in case a client requires it to be able to show him the information without any problem, in such a way that making deals has also been much easier for me after deciding to use this application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

It allows me to create custom callouts and site experiences without a lot of dev experience. Design is WYSIWYG and deployment follows rules/logic that is very effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We hit the hidden campaign cap so we can't deploy more campaigns even if we wanted to (for our use case). It also might be slowing down our site experience in general. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need this for over 100 campaigns, it might be tough to execute. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to message specific content to a group of pages (usually discount related). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

It helps me build my mailing list for customers, which can then help drive sales Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using Privy it was a bit difficult to setup all the templates. The design portion on creating your templates isnt super user friendly. However, it didnt take more than a day to figure out all of the functions and design elements so that I could start using it. So it is not a deal breaker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to capture emails from customers who leave my site without making a purchase and then retarget them through emails to finish their purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online Sales Manager
What do you like best?

I like that we can make multiple popups for our website and can customize each one to fit specific needs and reach certain customers. We don't have to have one popup that targets ever customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup was pretty easy and was done on our own. Once we tried to build our first popup, we had some issues, but worked through them. My main dislike is there is no way to preview a popup once it is built unless you go to the site and view it. My issue with their pricing tier is that it's based off an estimated amount of visitors that is calculated every three months. I would prefer the tiers be based of popup views or off actual visitors each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to capture several new contacts for our e-mail list with a popup. We have also captured more sales by offering a discount code when people sign up for our e-mail list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Vice President, Strategic Communications and External Affairs
What do you like best?

It's really too bad that I can't give the a higher rating as I'd love to. I really like the app and the customer service and easy integration. BUT...they have one giant Achilles Heel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their system allows for the same email address with different title cases to create duplicate records (e.g., person@email.com and Person@Email.com will create SEPARATE contacts) so you end up sending multiples to people all the time. You have to deduplicate your lists MANUALLY! The worst part is that they have known about this issue for months and have still not fixed it. De-duplication is the most fundamental feature of any email marketing program...it's staggering to me that they have let this go on for so long with no fix and have not even communicated the issue to their customers. Ask them about it before you sign up!

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look elsewhere if you need legit email marketing services. They are not ready for prime time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Looking for pop-up app and email marketing system. Pop-ups work fine but they are not ready for prime time for email marketing due to this major de-duplication bug they've been sitting on for months and not telling their customers about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internet Marketer
What do you like best?

What I like most about Privy is its easy to use interface. When I first started using Privy, I did not have too many surprises nor did it take too long to get used to it. In addition, Privy is also very easy to install and configure. I have integrated Privy into my websites on Shopify and WooCommerce platforms. Whatever the platform, integrating Privy into your website is very simple and easy.

In addition, Privy also provides users with a lot of pre-defined templates, for me they are very beautiful and eye-catching, helping your website greatly improve conversion rate. Pre-defined templates also save you a lot of time, so you don't have to spend all day designing your pop-ups.

In addition, Privy also allows you to view the campaign reports that you have created with many important metrics such as sign-up rate, click rate, views, email sent,.... These reports will help me better manage my campaigns and improve their effectiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like most about Privy and also the reason that I don't use it anymore is the speed of my website is greatly affected when using Privy. Websites on the Shopify platform are not affected, but websites based on WooCommerce are seriously affected. I have used some tools to test website loading speed and showed that my website is slowed down 5-10s after integrating Privy.

Although the free version of Privy offers users a lot of features, meeting almost all my needs, it has the logo of Privy. This has no effect on the effectiveness of Privy but it makes me feel quite uncomfortable, not to be allowed to hide the Privy logo. In addition, the paid version of Privy is also quite expensive when compared to some other competitors on the market. Many other services offer paid features that are even cheaper. I think Privy should adjust the price to be more reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although I no longer use Privy now, I still think that Privy is a pretty good tool for those who want to build their email list from visitors on their website. I am quite satisfied with the features and efficiency that Privy brings. Everyone should give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Privy to build my email list using the pop-up displayed on my website. After a period of using Privy, I find that its sign-up rate is very good, almost the best among the tools I've used. My email list is growing very fast and stable. I am quite satisfied with Privy. However, when I moved my websites from Shopify to WooCommerce, I had some problems with page loading speed when integrating with Privy. So I no longer use it at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adeel ( Store manager)
What do you like best?

We are using Privy's email popups with exit intent and it's a great tool with customization option and some other great features.It offers coupon codes to in rewards of a sign up. ''Reports'' feature tells everything with a deep data. A/B testing to make sure we are on right track. Very much satisfied Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. But it's great. Even in free subscription you can customize the popup and everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Privy to every online store owner. It's very reasonable tool for almost every business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nothing but expecting a couple of great features for paid plans Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Development Manager
What do you like best?

I really like this system because it allows me to customize the popups and banners on my website in order to be able to capture a greater amount of clicks. This system has many functions that can be adapted to any web page and in this way personalize all our advertising in it.

I also like to be able to capture emails with this system and in turn enlarge the list of potential clients in order to be able to expand more advertising to a greater number of people. Also with this software I can easily integrate it with other systems in order to be more optimal with the work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Something that called my attention a lot and I did not like it was its price, since in my opinion it is the cost of this system and it is not for everyone, however, having it will be a real investment.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

t is a privilege to be able to recommend this system, because no other system has allowed me to grow or emerge in a world as competitive and difficult as email marketing is. If you can, buy it in truth you will not be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to this system we have been able to greatly improve the performance of advertising on our web pages, managing to capture more emails and at the same time improving sales a lot, also with this system I have been able to save time when it comes to personalizing the publication, configuring Your departure time in the best possible way.

We have noticed that our email list grew wildly thanks to Privy, before having more than 3000 emails, we have reached the juicy goal of 8000 emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josh Mendelsohn of Privy

Thanks for your review!

Information Technology Management
What do you like best?

The designs of the templates and banners are highly customizable, they allow the possibility of editing and adding elements that you consider necessary to carry out your marketing campaigns. This good personalization ability allows your designs to be more professional and adapted to your own company.

The possibility of orienting and adapting the campaigns by countries also allows you to modify the campaigns for each specific public.

In the reports section you can see how your campaigns have gone, how they have worked with the client sector that you have selected and what you should do in the future to increase the profitability obtained. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there were different packages within the platform that would allow you to pay for some modules, since there are some that we do not use in our company and we have anyway to pay for the entire program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Privy to companies that want to improve their marketing area and carry out campaigns with a high level of personalization and with a professional aspect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The lists of clients and contacts have increased due to the marketing campaigns we have perfected and launched through Privy. It has given us the possibility to reach a greater number of people and grow our business.

Customizing the templates is also easy, which helps us create marketing campaigns with professional appearance without having to have extensive design knowledge. This saves us a lot of time in training and at the same time makes our campaigns do not lose quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josh Mendelsohn of Privy

Thanks for your review and for choosing Privy!

AM
What do you like best?

Easy integrations with Shopify and several ESP's. Free trial available. Pop-Ups are very customizable and easy to determine which pages they appear on and when. Simple dashboard, and A/B testing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Really no complaints, it works great for both small and large e-commerce sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed an easy pop-up builder that doesn't require the need for any designers or development. The benefits are easy to see with the dashboard. Very simply shows the signups. The easy integrations with ESP's are the best part. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Company Owner
What do you like best?

This software was the missing puzzle to my company. I was able to DOUBLE my sales just by creating an email list and sending out coupons with this software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about this software! Very simple to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a major increase of sales and website traffic by sending out emails with privy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Representative
What do you like best?

I love that I can add an email pop up to my website and send out emails with coupon codes to all of my subscribers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to pay $10 a month to send out emails to subscribers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increase of sales, more traffic to website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Marketing Manager
Consumer Electronics
What do you like best?

I really adore this program, since it does the job. The templates (popups, banners, flyouts) are customizable, and that's what I like. When designing something, we like to be able to edit as much as we can to match our company.

This software has a lot of targeting abilities and features (like language and country targeting), which is perfect to send the message to a lot of peole.

But the feature that I most like about this software, it's how it is integrated with many email providers. This brings easy communication between the client and provider, and it helps to transmit the message to a lot of people.

There are 20+ integrations with email providers, and if your email provider isn't there, you have to be using a really unknown one, because literally everything is in this software! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although Privy comes with a really overpriced package, we are really happy about this software and we think it's worth all the money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say to try the free version first and explore all the features, and if you like it, then you should pay for the priced plans because it has a lot of features that will help you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When choosing a program of this type, we wanted to choose one that would actually work. After looking for a lot of programs, we decided to use Privy. We don't regret it. Our company has improved not slightly, but greatly. Our email list has increased a lot and we don't regret using this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Responsabile marketing comunicazione
What do you like best?

Privy is the best platform that you can use to grown your list. It's easy to use and have a very intuitive interface. The customization is really fast and easy, to reach your needs at the best. I also like the reporting section in wich you can see how your performances are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's great and complete but Privy have some feats that you will never use, and maybe you pay to have one interesting feature and four that you'll never use. Would be great to pay as the feats you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will be not disappointed by it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I already said I think that Privy is the best growing list software that you can find out there. It helps me to capture hundreds of emails every month, especially for clients that need to have a good email-base for their business. Also it saves my time because I can create a campaign in minutes, setting all the things I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Author
What do you like best?

It's a free program that actually works! Very user friendly and easy to set up, then forget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there's not anything I dislike about this program. Did I mention that it's FREE? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

EASY to use. Great interface. Easy to understand stats. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When people visit my website, I wanted something that would grab their attention and draw it to them joining my newsletter list. This program allows that, quickly and easily, and I can set all the parameters for how it interacts with my visitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great features, easy to setup, good pricing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We lately installed privy and found that the website performance went down dramatically post the installation and even before we made any popup visible. After digging in, we found that Privy add ShareThis script to all users.

After removing privy, performance went back up.

As far as we understood, sharethis sell traffic to other parents.

We tried to resolve the matter with Privy support but they said it cannot be removed.

Thanks you Privy.. but the reason we even tought about your service was to improve conversion rate, not selling our data to competitors.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

popup, conversion Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josh Mendelsohn of Privy

Thanks for your review, and I apologize for the Privy code slowing down your site. We actually do not sell traffic or any personally identifiable data to our data partners, however, we do share certain aggregate data for accounts on our free plan. You can read our Data Promise here: https://www.privy.com/data-promise

Best,

Josh

UF
What do you like best?

The options to do different popups and customize different aspects of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Needs a few more options on the standard plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to grow our email list. You have done fairly well with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Direttore commerciale
Motion Pictures and Film
What do you like best?

The interface and design of Privy are absolute fantastic, with the drag and drop feat designing a landing page or a pop up it's really easy and fast. The customizable forms also help you to keep your intent focused, so no need to apply yourself to pre existing models. The autoresponder feature is also great if you want to be near your customer since the beginning. The privy customer service is also really good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, even if the platform have great integrations with other apps, if you don't have the right subscription plan in every platform, Privy cannot work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Privy can help you buid your audience from nothing. I sperimented by myself the potential of this platform. It needs time and the right way to set up, but once you have done you will immediatly see the difference. Play with Privy, find the right balance, and you will see a real difference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Privy helped and helps also now to grow my email contact list thanks to two tools that I costant use, even now, a landing page and a pop up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Artista freelance
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

Privy is super easy to set up. The platform allows you to engage visitors to leave their email eddress trought dedicated forms, banners or scroll boxes. It has a concrete integration with sites and platform (such as Weebly, MailChimp or Shopify). You can create and manage coupons and set automatic email response. It's also really easy to design the elements that you need thanks to its tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I never found real problems with Privy, sometimes I had minor problems because of my lack of experience. So I immediately contacted the customer service and they very fast helped me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will higly reccomend you to try it. The platform can really improve your social presence and your mailing list, with its contacts, letting also your exposure to grow. Privy was the first service of this kind that I ever used, and I ever appreciate its services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used it in my Shopify shop and on my internet site. I found that, in less that 24 hours, my subscribers visibly increase from 2 to 6/7 per day. This helped me build my mailing list that I use to promote my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
Automotive
What do you like best?

Privy has a beautiful design with a great interface, is easy to set up and to use, I like that I can make grow my email list with this program, thanks to the features that are fully customizable. I also like that I can connect this program with my email provider really fast. I can also customize layers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any dislikes yet, the progrma does what it promises. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this software. You won't regret it, it will help you improve your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have found that we got more customers since we started using Privy. It's a great software and we are really grateful. Our email list has been growing since we started using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Manager
What do you like best?

Es ist einfach einzurichten. Die beste Software, um Ihre E-Mail-Liste zu erweitern, mit Website-Popups und -Bannern, die vollständig anpassbar sind. Es integriert sich in MailChimp, und Sie können Kontakte sycn. Die Analytik ist auch gut und so detailliert. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ich habe noch keine Abneigungen gefunden, alles ist so nett. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Diese Software wird Ihnen helfen, ein Publikum zu schaffen, und es wird Sie nicht enttäuschen. Ich würde empfehlen, dass Sie es versuchen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wenn unser Unternehmen qualitativ hochwertigen Traffic erstellen möchte, ist diese Software das richtige Werkzeug dafür. Es hilft uns, den richtigen Weg für unsere Werbung zu finden. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's relatively easy to use. It took me a while to get the gist of the platform, it's rules and limitations, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No onboarding/training. I prefer to have someone teach me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Banners and popups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Josh Mendelsohn of Privy

Thanks for your review and the feedback on the training. We do offer 1 to 1 training on our Growth level plan and are investing more in group training for free, plus and commerce users. We recently ran a free one on audience targeting you can check out here https://www.privy.com/how-to-improve-onsite-conversion-with-advanced-audience-targeting

UA
What do you like best?

It’s very customizable and user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you didn’t have to pay to get more features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gaining more emails, which is helping me get sales Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up and customizable to your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limitations in the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have MailChimp, using Privy in conjuction will boost it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving my marketing needs. I received more subscribers to my email list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.