Pilot

Pilot

4.9

Pilot takes care of your bookkeeping from start to finish so you can focus 100% on making your business succeed.

Work for Pilot?

Learning about Pilot?

Pilot Reviews

Ask Pilot a Question
Showing 29 Pilot reviews
Ben B.

"Low-touch and comprehensive bookkeeping"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot does all of Transcend's bookkeeping. It pulls transaction data from our bank account and Stripe, categorizes them, and files them in Quickbooks.

What do you like best?

We don't even have to think about bookkeeping. As a founder, I (A) didn't know what to do and (B) didn't have bandwidth to even think about it. We used Pilot and it simply took all of those responsibilities off my plate. On occasion I'll get a straight to the point email from our account manager that asks me to clarify some transactions. Onboarding took 10 minutes, so my total interaction with Pilot is about 3 minutes per month responding to these emails... which is pretty ideal.

What do you dislike?

I so rarely think about our books because I rarely interact with them. This isn't really Pilot's fault - I could just open Quickbooks - and they send me monthly spreadsheet reports. But there's definitely an "out of sight, out of mind" experience.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you want full service bookkeeping, Pilot handles it for you. The team is incredibly professional and efficient. All of my questions are answered promptly, and my on-boarding experience was great. If you don't have a tax accountant, bookkeeping software, payroll software, or other parts of your stack set up, that's actually even better because they can recommend a stack that works nicely with Pilot, as they did for us.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Pilot
Stefi P.

"Super easy, professional, thorough! "

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot does the bookkeeping for our small 7 person startup. They are quick to respond, reliable, trustworthy, and very organized. Getting set up with them was seamless. Each month when they submit our books (on the same day each month!), they ask for clarification on expenses they aren't sure of, and they quickly reconcile them once they have the information they need.

What do you like best?

The peace of mind, and ease of working with them. I met their CEO at a conference for office-tending folk, and he had a deck ready to give "Finance 101" talks to those of us that wanted the basics. He's competent and kind, and has also hired great folks to work with him. They introduced us to a tax preparer, and send us "heads up" notices via email to make sure we're on track with compliance for things that I wouldn't otherwise even be aware of.

Pilot also integrates with Gusto, which is convenient.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything negative to say. We love Pilot!

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Don't poke around and ask everyone their opinion on who you should have do your books for your startup, just go with Pilot-- you'll be glad you did!

What Bookkeeping Services solution do you use?

📈Benjamin B.

"Quality Book Keeping Without Being Trapped - No Brainer"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot has been great at stepping in and taking over and organizing my companies books in Quickbooks. A real person organizes and updates me every month. If they have any questions we are able to resolve them in a simple email.

What do you like best?

I really love how Pilot uses QuickBooks because that is what I was already using. Unlike other companies (like Bench) that require you to use their custom software so you can never leave.

I like how they focus on getting the service right so I want to stay instead of getting me on their software where it would be very painful to leave.

Also the team is very responsive through email.

What do you dislike?

No real big complaints they are super responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

For small teams who do not want to hire people to manage their books Pilot is a great option.

Andrew M.

"The most important partner for any new business"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot closes our books every month. We get a summary of credits and debits and if they have any questions on categories, they ask us.

What do you like best?

Pilot is easy to use - I don't have to request our monthly summary, it just shows up in my inbox. It's always accurate. I've also asked for a few custom things that they've quickly adhered to. I fee like they really get the customer and live to serve me.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. It's simple and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

This is a no brainer. You need to know what's going on with your businesses finances. Spend zero time balancing credits and debits and spend all of your time making decisions based off the info.

Ankur G.

"Pilot is an incredible ally for any new startup"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot manages your books and provides valuable counsel for bookkeeping and accounting, which are otherwise mysterious and difficult to find as a startup.

What do you like best?

The team iterates quickly, overdelivers, and is incredibly responsive when you have questions. The product "just works" and requires almost no overhead (asides from occasional clarification questions) to maintain. It's an easy and obvious way to stay on top of finances, even as an early startup.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I haven't run across any issues worth pointing out. Every once in a while something is misclassified, but they're on par or better than accountants I've worked with before.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're a startup and have any confusion about your books, you should give them a try.

Stefan S.

"Easiest bookkeeping service"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot handles all of my company's bookkeeping seamlessly so that we can focus on what actually matters to our business.

What do you like best?

Love that they're always working on everything in the background & have status updates ready for us whenever needed. The structure of having an account manager specifically for our books is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - Pricing structure is great, service is great.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you want a simple way to not have to worry about your books, Pilot is probably the best service for you - especially if you're a fast moving startup as most of their customers are.

Jordan H.

"We welcome our robot underlords"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Monthly accounting including transaction classification, monitoring for abnormal activity, and burn rate projections

What do you like best?

Setup was painless. They tailor made a chart of accounts to suit our business. Each month they send us a note with a report letting us know they've closed the prior month and include summary information that is bespoke to our business. Best of all: the price is far less than hiring our own accounting firm.

What do you dislike?

If we want to have classification happen more frequently or sooner in the month, we'd have to pay more. That's the only complaint we've got.

Ivo P.

"Smart team, dependable service, reasonable cost"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot has been doing our bookkeeping for about a year.

What do you like best?

- Problems are rare and get addressed very quickly

- Communication is prompt, to the point

- Very smart team

- Very dependable - I don't have to double check everything. They are automating everything that can be automated and human errors are reduced to a minimum

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike to be honest. They rock

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are a startup looking for a straightforward, dependable bookkeeper who speaks your language and gets what you need - just do this.

Paul A.

"The best option for startup bookkeeping"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot manages your books no matter what stage you are at, but most importantly they understand the operational profile of early stage startups, including equity disbursements and tricky issues like SaaS revenue recognition. This is stuff you probably aren't thinking about and rightfully so, but having Pilot take care of things for you so you don't have to clean your books later will more than pay off.

What do you like best?

I don't have to worry at all about our books, they can go from Pilot straight to our investors without needing any modification from me.

What do you dislike?

Pilot hasn't given me a reason to dislike anything. I had a question once on their pricing strategy, and they actually took the time to explain their thinking, which turned out to take some things I hadn't thought of into account.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Support via email is always very responsive.

bethanye M.

"Easy on-boarding, good support, consistent experience"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot takes care of all of our bookkeeping — so I don't have to worry about it. At my last startup, I tried to do it all. I've learned that lesson! That's why I'm happy to have Pilot taking care of our bookkeeping needs.

What do you like best?

I like that the service is very consistent — not just the tech, but the humans who answer my questions when they come up. They are keeping customer quality up even as they scale.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had something to help with AP/AR as well... though I understand why they don't, and they gave me some good pointers on how I could solve those needs.

Makinde A.

"Pilot took a huge burden off of our shoulders"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I run a small non-profit. For the last 3 years we've had board members take care of our books on a rotating basis. It was a huge burden that no one liked to do.

Then we met Pilot. Not only did they do our books, they keep an eye out to make sure issues are caught and the recommend other services we use to keep our financial house in order. They are always available to answer questions and the service is amazing.

What do you like best?

The wide range of financial topics that they'll lend advice on.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything. My job would be so much more tedious and painful if it were not for Pilot.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're a small business, this is a perfect service. Let someone else handle the books and spend your time building your company.

Vladimir N.

"Pilot wears the CFO hat so I don't have to"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We are using Pilot for our bookkeeping and consolidating all our expenses (contractors, consultants, vendors, reimbursements, etc.) in one place.

What do you like best?

I like the customer support that's there when we need it and hands-off when everything works smoothly on its own.

What do you dislike?

Pilot wasn't integrated with all of our vendors on Day 1, but they are adding more integrations.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Pilot is great for startups and integrates with most of the other modern tech solutions out there (payroll, billing, etc.)

Trevor S.

"Unmatched Service! Amazing!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The pilot team took on my company, and cleaned up over a years worth of messy finances.

There was not a single transaction that didn’t get properly reconciled. Truly amazing.

They will custom tailor their services to your needs too. Our books are now extremely detailed, but also structured in a custom tailored way to my company.

Thanks to Waseem and his entire time. Can’t recommend them enough.

What do you like best?

They keep it personal. That’s so important to me. No robots, just humans.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of yet. All needs have been met, and any bottlenecks in the process were never met with “sorry, we can’t do that”, but rather only a team effort to figure out a remedy.

Love it.

Alec R.

"Pilot is _such_ a competent crew and a delight to work with…"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Ongoing accounting and bookkeeping for a growing nonprofit research organization.

What do you like best?

Extremely responsive, individualized support.

What do you dislike?

I really can't come up with a single thing…There are plenty of features I'd like, but nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Just sit down with them and talk through what you're looking to do; they're incredibly responsive and competent and that interaction'll do more to convince you than anything else…

Chris T.

"Gets all the bookkeeping right so you can focus on your business!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot owns 100% of the bookkeeping for my ecommerce business. They helped me set it up correctly, make the right integrations, and define our bookkeeping practices.

What do you like best?

Exceptional customer service, clarity, explaining things. Patience with me, a non-accounting founder. Transparent pricing, great coordination with other accounting and tax-related partners/service providers.

What do you dislike?

Could be a bit more proactive explaining the WHY behind some decisions. Obviously not a replacement for proper tax planning counsel.

Raymond L.

"Great to not have to worry about bookkeeping!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot takes care of our back office accounting and bookkeeping needs

What do you like best?

I don't have to worry about anything, and it's always done timely and accurately. Also, customer service is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Don't really have much that we dislike. But wish Pilot will take care of other back office / accounting related processes like tax filing.

Anurag G.

"Pilot allows me to spend almost no time on accounting/bookkeeping."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

They take care of all our accounting, and produce detailed personalized company reports that give us an instant overview of what's going on with the financial health of the company.

What do you like best?

Pilot assigns a person to manage your account. This level of personalized support is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything to dislike about them. They work hard to make their users happy and it shows.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Fire your bookkeeper and use Pilot.

Deepak J.

"Pilot is the best!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Bookkeeping, categorizing expenses, and having a record of all our financial statements

What do you like best?

1 .Simplicity

2. Low cost

3. The team is very attentive to categorization and rules through software

4. Low-touch

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's great :). Pilot is awesome, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

100% recommended! For early stage startups with simple finances, it's a no-brainer!

OC
Owner/Principal in Computer Software

"Amazing experience"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot saves us an incredible amount of time in managing out books. All of our financial data is synchronized seamlessly, without any manual effort on our part beyond answering the occasional categorization question.

What do you like best?

I love how much time they save. As an entrepreneur, my least favorite part of my work is doing the paperwork to keep our books accurate and our company compliant, and Pilot helps a huge amount in minimizing that.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any major complaints about the service. It'd be nice if it cost less, because it's always nice to pay less, but I feel good about the value we're getting for what we're paying.

Lauren D.

"Pilot is great!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

They handle our monthly bookkeeping and make my life easier!

What do you like best?

Pilot is a super light lift for busy teams and I trust them to do a great job

What do you dislike?

Really nothing, they've done a great job

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Definitely check them out - they have been wonderful!

Christopher S.

"When you thought bookkeeping couldn't get any better..."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The team at pilot has helped our company make sense of complex, international books with a level of accuracy and professionalism that competitors can only dream of. This includes timely and error-free monthly reports, perfect categorization of expenses, and related advice.

What do you like best?

Blazing fast and clear responses to inquiries.

What do you dislike?

None whatsoever - from onboarding to day to day interactions, it's a pleasure working with Pilot.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Look no further - choose Pilot.

Brett P.

"Awesome for founders who want to focus on building the business"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot owns our day to day bookkeeping. They keep it all organized across many platforms with incredible customer support.

What do you like best?

Incredible customer support. Transparent pricing. Total flexibility. Great coordination.

What do you dislike?

Could explain the “why” a but more proactively sometimes. Not a replacement for proper accounting strategy or tax planning.

Sai Prashanth S.

"Best hands-free bookkeeping service"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot is our bookkeeper. They manage all our books, neatly categorize / organize them in Quickbooks and send detailed monthly reports.

What do you like best?

Super responsive, helpful and handle almost all the grunt work behind-the-scenes.

What do you dislike?

Not much really. They do what they say they do.

Siqi M.

"Game changer for bookkeeping "

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot is truly the game changer in bookkeeping. Their blend of human and AI makes the service very efficiency, error free and highly personal.We would recommend it to any startup!

What do you like best?

Highly personal but also error free. We love it a lot!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We have been very happy with the service.

Mohit G.

"Great product for early/mid stage company."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot does our overall accounting. It's our once source for all of our related needs.

What do you like best?

Automated monthly reports with all the details.

What do you dislike?

Not many that I have found at this stage.

Stavros P.

"Excellent bookkeeping service!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We have been using Pilot for our company's bookkeeping needs. Pilot has been exceptional! Timely delivery of our financial statements, prepared flawlessly. Also super responsive to questions.

What do you like best?

The quality of service and responsiveness.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. So far we have been very happy.

EC
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Became a Pilot customer, haven't thought about bookkeeping since"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As an early stage startup, we needed bookkeeping help coming right out of raising our seed round and starting to build our business. Traditional providers did not adequately understand our business or were not priced appropriately for it.

What do you like best?

I don't have to think about bookkeeping. Once a month I get an email asking 3-4 clarifying questions, then I get a report. Everything is updated in Quickbooks. It's pretty awesome.

What do you dislike?

Not much not to like. The product and service is fantastic, cost reasonable. I'm very satisfied.

O
Owner/Principal

"Books done fast and without much work from our side"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Pilot has been doing our books for the last year.

What do you like best?

Getting set up on Pilot is easy and they don't need much input from us to do our books. It's quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

One improvement would be to have the books done early next month instead of on the 15th of the next month.

O
Owner/Principal

"High-tech bookkeeping done right"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Doing bookkeeping for a early stage startup

What do you like best?

The only bookkeeping service that understands technology and insists on doing it right.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about. They are really great.

Learning about Pilot?

* We monitor all Pilot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.