Phone.com

3.6

Phone.com offers a variety of IP phones and analago telephone adapters (ATAs) that let you place and receive VoIP calls using your internet connection. Ordering your VoIP phone directly from us has its advantages

Work for Phone.com?

Learning about Phone.com?

Categories

Phone.com Reviews

Ask Phone.com a Question
Showing 11 Phone.com reviews
Phone.com review by User

"Phone.com needs to be updated badly!"

What do you like best?

There is not much to like about phone.com, but I do like that I can configure users and extensions. The managing and configuring options are decent.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how ancient and clunky the site is. Not very user friendly. The site may take some getting used to as well as learning how to navigate it. I have used it for about a year now and still forget how to get to certain options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at your other options. I don 't have the ability to make the decision of whether to use them or not, so I am unsure of other options available. I would look at all your options before going with phone.com.

It solves our problem of configure our phone lines and extensions. Other than that, I don't see many additional benefits.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Phone.com
Phone.com review by User

"BALANCED SOFTWARE WITH BAD PRICING STRATEGY"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy-to-use interface. Good call quality. Base VoIP feature set included for all plans. Free desktop and full-featured mobile apps with softphone. Human and automated voicemail transcription available. Offers professional voice recording service.

What do you dislike?

Video conferencing only available for an added monthly fee. Caller analytics are extra. Minute bundles and extensions can get expensive for larger businesses

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some premium features and add-ons but they all come a la carte. You can set up an extra IP desk phone, analog phone, or softphone access (on mobile, tablet, or PC) for $4.99 per line. It's also an additional $4.99 for an extra phone number. There are also additional minute bundles: 1,000 minutes for $35 per month, 2,200 minutes for $77 per month, and $5,000 minutes for $165 per month. You can also get unlimited minutes for $23.99 per month per extension, though that price lowers with volume pricing the more extensions you add.

Phone.com is an affordable, customizable, and well-designed Voice-over-IP (VoIP) service designed for small to midsize business (SMB) users who want the ability to run an entire office's worth of communication easily through their smartphones.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Phone.com review by User in Higher Education

"Who needs a landline anymore, anyway?"

What do you like best?

I like that call forwarding is so easy. When my bosses are travelling with limited access to cell service, phone.com makes it easy to still answer customer calls without having to change numbers.

What do you dislike?

The platform is only somewhat straight-forward to use, in my opinion. I had to contact their customer service to actually set up call forwarding because of the "rules" that you can make forwarding have. It was a bit confusing for me, not being too familiar with the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's made taking calls easier. The only issue I can think of is that you cannot call people back from the phone.com number, so if people are hesitant to pick up calls from unknown numbers, trying to call them back is useless.

The site navigation is not completely straight forward. But I quickly learned to navigate it with the help of a customer service rep. the customer service reps also get back to you very quickly.

Phone.com review by User in Higher Education

"This is the cheapest easiest communication software we found"

What do you like best?

I love the price first. This is so inexpensive that at first I did not believe it was real. I works so well and never drops calls. We use this in all of our offices instead of traditional phone service. This is flexible too so we can change our subscription if we need to. We are not locked into anything.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that it could not transfer my existing numbers. We had some that could but not all of the numbers could be ported in so that was a bit of a disappointment. As far as the actual software though we have no complaints at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this software is so convenient and easy. It is solving a huge problem we had at a company I used to work for. They are able to very easily communicate with this and I think it is way more affordable for any business.

We needed a cheaper phone service option for our office. Our traditional phones were incredibly expensive and tied down in one office. With this we are able to be out of our offices and answer calls on our cell phones. Also we do not have to worry about our personal cell phone bills because the app runs the call and that is were it charges. So all the employees now are always reachable with out and issues.

Phone.com review by User

"One of the best VOIP Service out there"

What do you like best?

Their service is always reliable with very good desktop UI and mobile app as well. I don't even have to use a physical phone as I redirect all the work calls to my mobile. I can also call using my work number from the app so your private number is not revealed. Lot of options can be changed from either desktop or mobile app. Have been using this for more than 3 years and had no issues in service at anytime.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike about the product but just disappointed that they don't support Call button from calender to input access code for a meeting. I have defaulted the calls from my calendar to go via Phone.com app and it doesn't recognize the Access code or meeting id and I have to manually enter from the dial pad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended VOIP software if you are looking for a nice web interface and mobile app with lot of option to configure and change. Also, you don't need to have a physical phone turned on as you can forward the calls to your mobile and call using your work caller id.

Work numbers are handled by phone.com and also international calls as we have offshore support as well. Also, most of us travel a lot to client place and so we will not be at desk. The mobile app is handy to configure and change all the settings as needed and forward calls, listen to voicemail, etc.,

Phone.com review by Alisa S.
Alisa S.

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

using my own device instead of the standard ‘work phone’

What do you dislike?

Phone.com depends on internet and if internet connection is weak or not working - it affects phone

More people are available to accept calls because more people have access to it through their own phones

Phone.com review by User

"Poor UI and poor support"

What do you like best?

That you can log into it online and customize phone trees. The different hold music options.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. The interface is not intuitive and is difficult to navigate. You can delete a saved voicemail message without first disconnecting it from the extension. But it doesn't tell you which extension that particular message is saved to, so you have to hunt for it.

We are receiving phone calls online, which does allow us to access voicemails from anywhere we log in.

Phone.com review by User in Computer Software

"Phone.com and communicator"

What do you like best?

The UI for the website is easy to use but looks very outdated. Adding new users/numbers is simple

What do you dislike?

The phone app they provide communicator is terrible. Lot's of issues where visitors cannot hear us or we can't hear them. I have worked with their support team on and off for months and they "fix" something on their backend and everything works for about 1 week and then it breaks again. Very frustrating.

Phone lines for sales and support team

Phone.com review by Brittani W.
Brittani W.

"Easy Phone System "

What do you like best?

its set up is easy just follow steps 123 and that is it.

What do you dislike?

I dont have any dislikes about the product. I actually suggest this phone system to my clients

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it is easy to use and the cost is just right especially for business getting started not looking to spend a arm and a leg.

Its easy to use, and I can have multiple extensions for my contractors

Phone.com review by Wences D.
Wences D.

"it's not good in app"

What do you like best?

is an application that comes for mobil where offers to make calls, send text messages and even manage emails.

What do you dislike?

The application or app for smart phones still lacks a lot, for realiyuna call is almost impossible.

It is not good app for smart phones. I have not been able to use it completely. He needs to improve.

Phone.com review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"phone.com review"

What do you like best?

That your able to use a different number each time you call.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the calls don 't come through clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that your able to get clear calls, if not contact customer service so that they can trouble shoot and get your number working properly. The earlier the better.

We are able to connect to clients alot quicker. They are able to get access to us quickly with the call back number provided. Beniefts of use include good turn around time on providing products to clients.

Learning about Phone.com?

* We monitor all Phone.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories